We really need an automatic respawn system

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Bodies should automatically respawn after 5 minutes. Currently watching a dead mesmer on my server in the gate. This exploiting is getting old

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I agree (and I’m a mesmer!), but sadly, it’s not exploiting. Just lame.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

It isn’t exploiting, and it is part of the strategy. I wouldn’t want to stand there and watch the body either, but that is how the game is played.

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

That is NOT how the game should be played..
Reving because of bad geological structure design?
Just like some mesmer blinking into the wall or some warrior/engineer hopping over the wall from a cliff, it IS NOT game mechanic, is a design flaw that SHOULD BE FIXED.
Anet already fixed the last example I just mentioned.

Whoever defending it clearly have some of their guildies/friends taking advantage of it, and don’t want their lame trick to be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Of course it’s how the game should be played. It’s not a bug, nor is it a flaw, it’s quite intentional.

The counter is quite simple. It just needs you to actually stop running around with the karma train and deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Couldn’t anyone do this with a watchwork portal device, in theory?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

That is NOT how the game should be played..
Reving because of bad geological structure design?
Just like some mesmer blinking into the wall or some warrior/engineer hopping over the wall from a cliff, it IS NOT game mechanic, is a design flaw that SHOULD BE FIXED.
Anet already fixed the last example I just mentioned.

Whoever defending it clearly have some of their guildies/friends taking advantage of it, and don’t want their lame trick to be fixed.

Fixing the structures so you can’t take advantage of glitches, etc, is one thing. Making an automatic respawn is another, and it is not needed. Place your anger at the proper direction.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Not going to mention the name of the player but I saw someone teleport through a keep wall. I guess that is bad game design.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

To people who say this is part of the game:

I didn’t buy this game to be in a staring contest for 2 hours with someone watching Netflix in another window.

If it’s a mechanic, it’s kitten and I want it out of the game.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Last I checked those were on the list of items that you couldnt use in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: kymaera.4739

kymaera.4739

My solution would be this:
1 min after a player is defeated, opposing players get a second finishing move that takes 30 secs to cast. This move doesn’t award any points/achievements or rewards (bags/gold), but if completed, it will do more damage to their equipment (or 1 sp per level in gold damage if none equipped/all broken) and force them to respawn at their side’s entrance.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Last I checked those were on the list of items that you couldnt use in WvW.

Just checked it, and you are correct. Thanks.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Cachu.9067

Cachu.9067

I say burn corpses you find.

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

My solution would be this:
1 min after a player is defeated, opposing players get a second finishing move that takes 30 secs to cast. This move doesn’t award any points/achievements or rewards (bags/gold), but if completed, it will do more damage to their equipment (or 1 sp per level in gold damage if none equipped/all broken) and force them to respawn at their side’s entrance.

The answer is to make it a line of sight, e.g. you can’t revive them because they are on the other side of the gate.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the roleplay solution – burn the corpses – unable to res – all armor would be destroyed need repair after. ( you risked a slick move and took a heavy loss for a fail )

The third person shooter – non roleplay – quake / fps solution – a dead player should have the same inactivity time out / kicked out of wvw for doing nothing like a living player.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It isn’t exploiting, and it is part of the strategy. I wouldn’t want to stand there and watch the body either, but that is how the game is played.

lol.

It takes zero strategy/skill to run to a gate and die.

I think if people are going to do this, they SHOULD make auto spawn happen. They can do this easily by adding code that prohibits anyone who’s dead from opening up backpacks, using inventory, removing pieces of gear until you respawn. After five minutes if the respawn option isn’t picked, the game will either force log you out or you respawn.

And my main is a mesmer.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

Of course it’s how the game should be played. It’s not a bug, nor is it a flaw, it’s quite intentional.

The counter is quite simple. It just needs you to actually stop running around with the karma train and deal with it.

Yea and duping items is a tactic too because hey its in the game. Just because Anet hasn’t said anything about it doesn’t mean its not an exploit to res without LOS.

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

the roleplay solution – burn the corpses – unable to res – all armor would be destroyed need repair after. ( you risked a slick move and took a heavy loss for a fail )

The third person shooter – non roleplay – quake / fps solution – a dead player should have the same inactivity time out / kicked out of wvw for doing nothing like a living player.

They DO have the timer. The exploit is swapping your gear, which resets that timer.

The fix should be to keep dead bodies in combat, but able to waypoint.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Bodies should automatically respawn after 5 minutes. Currently watching a dead mesmer on my server in the gate. This exploiting is getting old

100% agree that some respawn time limit should be implemented. 10 minutes max imo.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

man this just keeps popping up every other week it seems. yes we need a timer that starts when a person dies and if they don’t get ressed by an ally or respawn, then it either forces respawn or logs you out. i would think between 5-10 minutes would be enough. I don’t think we need to have something that just breaks and entire set of armor on someone just because they are on the ground more then 10 seconds.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

They DO have the timer. The exploit is swapping your gear, which resets that timer.
The fix should be to keep dead bodies in combat, but able to waypoint.

to address the exploit, just disable those keys during death.

heck, even in a roleplay solution, the body would decay – so an appropriate penalty is that more of your armor gets damaged per minute you don’t waypoint. death is first armor damage – each minute that you don’t waypoint – another part of your armor get’s damaged as well. that’ll fix em! lol

That upsets me even during regular game play to be honest, you know that guy that went way too deep, but instead of going to a way point and coming back – he sits there waiting for the rest of his crew to pull through – meanwhile we become more shorthanded from these guys just sitting there – and losing more players trying to res them.

so I agree with addressing this aside from it being used as an exploit.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels