What's happening to T2 guilds?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Because people got bored. Not because a lack of players, or one guild stacking great players, or cause there wasn’t enough pugs to fight, OR because ppt(lol ppt).

People just got sick of the repetitive WvW. Anet does nothing to fix the game mode, instead introduces new RNG skins and stupid WvW tournies that nobody likes except(you guessed it!) pve players that want new skins.

People then look at new games like Archeage and Wildstar, that look refreshing and hopeful, and from there it’s GG for GW2. Blame Anet for the lack of content.

This doesn’t make sense at all. From what I’ve heard the only guilds that are dying are the gvg guilds. The ones that play wvw as intended while getting their dose of good fights in the process are all alive and well.

PvP is supposed to be repetitive. What changes is the experience each time you log in and play it. Don’t blame the system when the guilds were the ones that decided to reject all forms of wvw and made it stale for themselves by doing literally the exact same thing everyday.

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

Every time anyone says anything about their bunch of Australians it just seems so dam sour.

If you mean “they only win coz of the ocx” then yes, that is what a healthy balance of militia and guilds is.

Win is such a relative term. SoS is right in line with FA and Mag most of NA prime. They make up most of their big leads during non-NA prime. SoS isn’t some juggernaut they just do a lot more PvDoor than the other two servers in the tier. I am not casting any judgement on the server as they have several skilled players and guilds but that 2x score lead is almost entirely from PvD.

Mag on the other hand really doesn’t give a crap about PPT… most of us prefer open field fights and get bored running from one PvE unmanned objective to the next. I would quit the game rather than play on OCX SoS… that has to be the most boring events outside of EotM.

Winning in terms of the scoreboard was what I meant and what I presumed you meant. Winning certainly is relative, it all depends on what your goals are when you set out. I’m not denying none of what happens for the OCX guys has zero effect on the score at all either. It has a huge impact. Though, it never really became this bad until FA had its second pre-season hiccup. Everyone PvDs a little bit, but I think that was a real turning point when it became almost nothing but.
It was more to the point that they kept them around all this time which is why today they still have that player base there today. I do wish the population imbalance isn’t like the way it is at all, but trying to solve it is a whole different matter.

SoS did an amazing job of keeping their Australian (of course not forgetting their benevolent S-E Asians) crew because they weren’t forced into being told what to do and how to play.

Not really sure what this means. I’m pretty sure FA didn’t tell their OCX what to do and how to play. It’s depressing to OCX players to log in and find they don’t own anything on a map and have to rebuild rather than finding good fights.

No I didn’t mean to imply otherwise. FA did a great job of catering to a large variety of players which is why they are in a far better place then what Mag currently is. It was fairly similar for SoS for several months trying to drag themselves up through T3 and into T2, so we can relate. It sucks.

snip

Yes, yes! The rest of t2 is totally sour about SoS’ PPT lead. I cut myself just thinking about it.

Perhaps you don’t, perhaps your little circles of friends don’t. I didn’t say you or all of T2 are. There are people all over the place commenting on it more often then not and it just sounds so bitter across the board.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

and it looks like Mag may have imploded a bit… whew rough night.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Because people got bored. Not because a lack of players, or one guild stacking great players, or cause there wasn’t enough pugs to fight, OR because ppt(lol ppt).

People just got sick of the repetitive WvW. Anet does nothing to fix the game mode, instead introduces new RNG skins and stupid WvW tournies that nobody likes except(you guessed it!) pve players that want new skins.

People then look at new games like Archeage and Wildstar, that look refreshing and hopeful, and from there it’s GG for GW2. Blame Anet for the lack of content.

This doesn’t make sense at all. From what I’ve heard the only guilds that are dying are the gvg guilds. The ones that play wvw as intended while getting their dose of good fights in the process are all alive and well.

PvP is supposed to be repetitive. What changes is the experience each time you log in and play it. Don’t blame the system when the guilds were the ones that decided to reject all forms of wvw and made it stale for themselves by doing literally the exact same thing everyday.

You do know that WvW population is in the kittenter right now?

A year ago WvW was booming with T5 servers getting queues in prime time. Now T2 does even do that….

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You do know that WvW population is in the kittenter right now?

A year ago WvW was booming with T5 servers getting queues in prime time. Now T2 does even do that….

Every game gradually loses players over the years. What that has to do with bitter gvgers who killed their own made up game mode and are projecting their negativity towards the rest of the wvw population, I don’t know.

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Why did the guilds quit? Its not any one reason. There is no single explanation for why this has happened. Its like death by a thousand cuts.

Someone said above that the reason is the stale nature of wvw. Yes this is one of the reasons. For 2 years now, wvw has been systematically ignored by the developers. Every few months there have been these little additions, like mastery’s, and bloodlust/ruins (pvp circle capping), and eotm. None of which are relevant IMO to the wvw game mode. 1 is power creep, the other is pvp disguised as wvw, while the 3rd is an unabashed pve champ train. So ya, the fact that it seems wvw has been treated as the red headed step child doesn’t help. Remember a year ago it was “dont ruin my game mode”. The OS was anet’s mea culpa, which was actually one of the better additions. A place for guilds and people to just fight. Too bad it was removed from wvw and made its own instance. Nonetheless, 2 years of no REAL wvw FOCUSED content. Its too long to hold attention.

But this isn’t the only reason T2 guilds (and we’re talking most directly about Maguuma here) are dying/have died. For some people, wvw is indeed a casual thing. Log in, follow a tag around, fire some siege, log off. For others, the server real system is something more. Persistent open world large scale pvp. Some of us play wvw primarily to fight other players – other guilds. Even if you dont gvg. Wvw is the endgame. The place where we can theorycraft our toons, make them look all perty and nice, and take our shiny new greatswords or hammers….and bash other players over the head with them. Its too bad that for the most part, there is no incentive to do this. Rewards are non existant – buying lemongrass and stones will eat your gold – in comparison to pve.

I loathe to talk about “back in the days”, but one of the most important factors IMO in the decline and death is the critical damage nerf. Alone its not enough to cause the exodus, but the problem is it is paired alongside other questionable decisions on anet’s part which really makes it a kick in the crotch. With damage builds suffering 10-20% loss in dps, it became that much harder to kill things. Guilds which could force downs early on in an engagement could somewhat equalize the situation vis a vis a large group through their coordination. This is much harder to do now. Some people call it ‘wet noodle wars’, and I agree. Which brings me to the next issue; rallying. In a game where it is ACKNOWLEDGED AND ENCOURAGED to have asymmetrical battles – guild group vs pug blob – where it is now tougher to down people due to the dps nerf, even if you do down them, they can be rezzed or rally. Why this mechanic is in wvw is beyond me. It servers no other purpose but to favour the larger group at the expense of the smaller on. Not to mention hard rezzing full dead people…IN COMBAT. This is a failure of game design.

So, with the ferocity nerf and the rally mechanic already favouring big groups, throwing in an AOE cap is the piece de resistance – the icing on the cake. Now, you can’t down people a easy, when you do, its more than likely they can rezz 1, 2 even 5 or 10 people off ONE of your people, BUT….you also can’t hit more than 5 people. The result ladies and gentlemen is the map queue blob. People can argue EU vs NA all day. Whats clear is that some of the guilds in EU figured out the guild group ‘meta’ early on, there’s no need to name names in this regard. But the meta has shifted. Now, you don’t need a guild group, or even complimenting compositions of classes or builds. All you really need is 60 people, following a dorito, pressing 1, preferably wearing full ptv. Now I’m not gonna claim that Maguuma or whoever doesn’t do this, or that SOS or whoever is strictly guilty of it, because that would be a lie. But the fact of the matter is, the guild as the main entity in wvw is GONE. Made redundant. Anachronistic. Don’t need it. If you just blob up into as big a group as you can, the damage nerf means a guild group of 20 which wants to fight you will not dps you enough, if they do they can’t out rezz you, and that’s if their abilities even effect you at all.

Let me put this simply (forgive the caps); THERE IS NO MECHANISM IN THIS GAME WHICH WILL ALLOW A SMALLER GROUP TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD WITH A LARGER – A MUCH LARGER – GROUP.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

SmoothHussler.6387

Cont….

Everything is designed to facilitate the crowding together in as small an area as possible of as many people as possible….all pressing 1. Or maybe 2. Sound familiar? Yes anet has basically transplanted their unimaginative pve boss mechanics into wvw.
But why would they do all these things? Why ignore wvw focused content? Why institute all these small group/guild group hating mechanics like siege mastery and dps nerfs and such? Why is because I doubt that anyone at anet actually plays their game. Everything is done with pve in mind. If not that, its being guided by a small circle of pvp esports wannabes. Yes guys, wannabes. Conquest style pvp will NEVER be the thing some people want it to be. WvW was where anet could have made GW2 stand out from the crowd; where it could have blazed its own unique path instead of trying desperately to ride the MOBA coat tails.

And its a shame too. Because the combat mechanic in this game is OUT OF THIS WORLD good. Its fluid. Its fast. The combo field system is imaginative and unique. Its just downright FUN to play. But 2 years and those little nagging things are just getting worse and worse. With no new expansion in sight, why bother? I think GW2’s combat saved it thus far, from 2 other competitors (you know who they are) which were clearly inferior. But now another challenger comes, and hell if it also doesn’t have an inferior combat system too. But you know what? It MIGHT NOT MATTER. At this point, people will and are leaving for an inferior game nonetheless.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents. I haven’t yet decided if my server’s death means I’m done GW2 for good, or if I’ll swallow my pride and transfer to TC or something. I liked my server. I liked that we would look for other groups to fight first, and slam faces on doors only to facilitate fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Let me put this simply (forgive the caps); THERE IS NO MECHANISM IN THIS GAME WHICH WILL ALLOW A SMALLER GROUP TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD WITH A LARGER – A MUCH LARGER – GROUP.

Try to move your troops better so enemy doesn’t have much larger group, use siege or you can always try to play better and kill much larger group.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Try to move your troops better so enemy doesn’t have much larger group, use siege or you can always try to play better and kill much larger group.

Oh god don’t tell them to use siege. Look at how much these “awesome” servers rag on my server Yaks Bend for using siege in open field fighting. I agree with the earlier post in that the “GvG(I don’t think anyone should call it that) guilds” killed themselves off.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

summed up in 1 word, the answer you are looking for is:

MEGASERVER

People can argue all they like but it’s the main cause for the death of guilds!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

in WvW

SmoothHussler.6387

Cheers bro. But I don’t think you quite understood what I was saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When a gaming company calls colored commander tags “big changes,” it’s pretty obvious what the problem is.

Yeah, when a simple addition like that (literally takes less than a day to implement by professionals) becomes a “features” you know there is no more hope.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I agree with the earlier post in that the “GvG(I don’t think anyone should call it that) guilds” killed themselves off.

Guild vs. Guild shouldn’t be called GvG? And (presumably, since you’re on YB) lacking any first hand knowledge and any semblance of an argument you agree that GvG guilds killed themselves off? Sounds like players from other tiers have a real handle on the situation!

in WvW

Posted by: phantomlord.3417

phantomlord.3417

When a gaming company calls colored commander tags “big changes,” it’s pretty obvious what the problem is.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This game had so much potential. ArcheAge here i come.

Generalrob

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It is highly disingenuous for SmoothHussler to complain about both power creep and ferocity nerf at the same time. I hate the power creep myself and am glad it takes longer to kill people when the creep is rolled back some.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Because fighting the same guilds with the same builds on the same maps for 2 years gets a little redundant. Also because anet refuses to do anything for wvw.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

Because fighting the same guilds with the same builds on the same maps for 2 years gets a little redundant. Also because anet refuses to do anything for wvw.

Because people keep on stacking on T1 (more stacking coming soon) so the gap in between tiers will become even more bigger so no variance for servers to fight.

it’s also the kittening people’s fault imho

So those dumbkittens that think moving to T1 is the solution for variance are just making it worse.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

Its simple. The wvw population has continued to drop to the point that it can only support 1 tier. So now everyone is consolidating into T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I still think Anet needs to take the six lowest ranked servers out of rotation and force all those players to pick a new server. Six servers worth of players (even if they are low pop) transferring into tiers 6-2 should go along way towards closing the tier gaps.

No it won’t.

I recently bought a second account to tour the lower tiers with. From what I’ve seen in the ET/Ebay/FC matchup, all 3 servers have a decent sized population but absolutely 0 organisation. 90% of the time there’s no commander on any map (on ET). Zergs are spread out and it’s really easy to pick people off. People play the siege game harder than in T1. Fights are sparse and boring. Contrary to what has been said before on these boards, the average skill level is a lot lower than in the upper tiers (will readjust this statement as I move from server to server if needed, but what I’ve seen so far is disappointing).

The main issue though? The majority of these players on NA T8 servers are NA players. NA players don’t make coverage. People from other places in the world do. The servers with “off hours coverage” will still dominate those who don’t. The tier gaps will still be there, even more prevalent than before as the majority of NA players will continue to play NA prime only while peeps from the other side of the world can wrack up the PPT for their server with little to no fights or resistance (this is of course, talking about lower tiers).

Amazing how you would know all of that from one server’s perspective in the matchup. “Decent sized population” is where I began to laugh. I also find it funny when I read tier1 players post about lower tiers lacking skill, when the reality of the situation is that they just lack coverage. When you can 12v30 and come out on top, skill should be ever apparent. That being said, FC Zerg busts every day of the week, but we are by no means the size we used to be. We’ve had alot of people leave to go to DR and DB, but despite that we enjoy fighting outmanned. Its all the more rewarding to win when the opposing side has sometimes 2x the numbers(To be fair we still have more than ET during the week, but SoR has no excuse.)PPT is a different story. Coverage is indeed an issue and was the only point you made that seemed to be fairly accurate. Theres just not enough timezone diversity. I can honestly say that organisation is not a problem in FC. We are a tight knit server that communicates and coordinates well and knows where everyone is at all times via teamspeak whisper list. Lack of bodies/coverage is the real issue. So of course you’re going to see more defensive siege get used when there’s only 8 players on the map at that time. We become a big target a night when most of us are asleep, and it has been my experience that this is our only downfall.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

I still think Anet needs to take the six lowest ranked servers out of rotation and force all those players to pick a new server. Six servers worth of players (even if they are low pop) transferring into tiers 6-2 should go along way towards closing the tier gaps.

His IQ far surpasses that of Anets!!!!

in WvW

retsuya.4708

Its simple. The wvw population has continued to drop to the point that it can only support 1 tier. So now everyone is consolidating into T1.

False, if guilds in t1 spread out we’ll have 6 or more servers having t2-t3 population we can have different matchups every week

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

False, if guilds in t1 spread out we’ll have 6 or more servers having t2-t3 population we can have different matchups every week

How many major guilds do you think tier 1 has?

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

More than the rest of the servers

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

NA WvWvW population can support maybe three tiers, maybe. If Archeage flops maybe some will come back but probably not for long if Anet continues on this track. The PvErs are their target audience(they’re the ones who came into this sub forum purring about the last minute commander tag price change).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

There is no way that tier 1 has enough guilds to fill 3, or even 2, tiers in a way that would satisfy said guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Seems like transferring to t1 was a good idea. In a couple of months I wouldnt be surprised if the only active wvw is in t1.
kittening sad.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

More than the rest of the servers

NA-wise, no. Other time zones, yes. But guess what, OCX, SEA and EU guilds on T1 have no desire to move because it’s dead as f during their time zone outside of T1. SoS’s OCX can kind of put up a fight but since they’re all casuals with the exception of a couple guilds, they tend to log early if they meet too much resistance, a daily thing in T1

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

retsuya.4708

Ideal goal was not to fill 6 or more servers but to even things a bit for the variance instead of locking 3 servers to fight eternally.

People complain about blob, queue and staleness, but here we are, stacking t1 more for the “fights”.

The list doesn’t include pugs/pvx I think.

Blackgate Ocx
DAWN – First Light Gaming – 25-40
Munt – Churc of Munted- 10-20
UDT – Unemployed Demolation Team – 5
QQ – I Will Make You – 5
oPP – Over Powered People – 5-10
Blackgate SEA
cA – Team Attention – 20-40
KNM – Knightmare – 15-30
xsoe – Dek Xsoe – 10-20
HIS – Hunters In Shadow – 15-20
DR – Dragonriders – 5-10
Blackgate EU
RK – Radiant Knights – 10-25
HB – Herfolge Boldklub – 10-25
SG – Soulguard – 5-10
Ash – This Silence Is Mine – 5-15
Blackgate NA
KnT – Knights of the Temple – 30-60
HB – Herfolge Boldklub – 10-25
Ons – Onslaught – 30-60
Icoa – Imperial Coalition – 20-35
DEAD – Deadly Crusaders – 15-25
LG – Legendary Gaming Inc – 20-40
DN – Digital Nemesis – 20-30
TW – Tempest Wolves – 10-15
FEAR – Feelings Aren’t Required – 10-20
DSKS – Duststalkers – 5-15
OC – The Outcasts – 5-15
oPP – Over Powered People – 5
RIOT Riot Team – NA – 5
Tarnished Coast OCX
GC – Golden Company XIII – 20-40
TF – Tempest Fury – 10-20
Tarnished Coast SEA
GC – Golden Company XIII – 20-40
RA – Remnants of the Alliance – 10-25
AHMA – Giam Chye Cha Loti- 15-25
FLOT – Forward Line Of Own Troops – 7
Tarnished Coast EU
AHMA – Giam Chye Cha Loti – 20-30
Hel – Hellioz – 15-25
PF – Primal Fury – 5-15
SE – Side Effect 5-15
Kazo – Kazoku – 10-15
DuDe – Dude Where Is My Guild – 5-10
Tarnished Coast NA
STUN – Standing United – 20-30
PF – Primal Fury – 10-20
CERN – When Zergs Collide – 30-40
HIRE – Hired Assasins – 10-20
NAGA – Not Another Gaming Acronym – 15-20
AARM – Order of Apocalyptic Armageddon – 10-20
vX – Vindication In Death – 15-25
Kazo – Kazoku – 10-20
EV – Eclat Vanguard – 20-30
FURY – Hell Hath No – 5-15

of course, post from JQ recruitment thread means this is heavily underrated.

Jade Quarry Ocx
MERC – Black Lion Mercenary – 20-35
SoX – Standard of Heroes – 20-35
KA – Karma – 10-15
Jade Quarry SEA
WvW – Together We Are Unbreakable – 30-50
stOP – Not This Way – 20-35
Ge – Fk Pushing – 20-40
FoO – Fury of Order – 5-15
FOK – Furby Over Kill – 5-10
TPA – TPA – 5-15
Jade Quarry EU
FOK – Furby Over Kill – 10-15
NoaH – The Legacy of NoaH – 5-10
TPA – TPA – 5-15
Jade Quarry NA
KA – Karma – 30-60
SG – The Shadow Gypsies – 25-40
SF – Strike Force – 30-60
SoX – Standard of Heroes – 5-10
QT – Questionable Tactics – 25-35
HzH – The Legacy of – 10-20

• subject to change without prior notice lol
[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: cathistar.5482

cathistar.5482

WvW needs some new innovation. As far as I am concerned ETOM is not part of WvW. ANET has responded that making new maps would be a huge, huge, huge project? How about just surprising us on reset and using another map they already have. Remember diving for pearls? ANET already has another WvW map and never uses it!

Catleana [WolF] IOJ

in WvW

Reverence.6915

That list quoted is a complete joke. Many disbanded guilds listed and overstating guilds on both TC and BG.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

retsuya.4708

main point is, those guilds moving/stacking into T1 are killing themselves into the staleness/blobbing they are complaining about

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Reverence.6915

main point is, those guilds moving/stacking into T1 are killing themselves into the staleness/blobbing they are complaining about

It’s not T1 complaining about staleness FYI and every tier complains about blobbing because it’s an easy thing to accuse someone of when they outnumber you at that point in time

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

retsuya.4708

It’s not T1 complaining about staleness FYI and every tier complains about blobbing because it’s an easy thing to accuse someone of when they outnumber you at that point in time

this is not a bg recruitment thread sir

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

this is not a bg recruitment thread sir

I don’t see how he is recruiting for BG with that post sir.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

retsuya.4708

sorry felt like he was selling t1 as the wvw utopia

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Reverence.6915

sorry felt like he was selling t1 as the wvw utopia

I was refuting the point you made in your post. That’s not making a recruitment message for T1.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

We should get an up to date stickied thread of which guilds are where.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

New “for the fights server” will be YB after the ninja xfers are finished, try to keep it on the downlow though. There is a movement to make YB the next Maguuma, while using their siegemonkeys to carry us with PPT.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Makes sense. That’s how Turtleguuma started.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Straegen.2938

New “for the fights server” will be YB after the ninja xfers are finished, try to keep it on the downlow though. There is a movement to make YB the next Maguuma, while using their siegemonkeys to carry us with PPT.

This would have been an odd pairing but probably highly successful during peak hours. Without a solid OCX/SEA, won’t matter though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

This would have been an odd pairing but probably highly successful during peak hours. Without a solid OCX/SEA, won’t matter though.

Honestly, Mag and YB’s playstyles complement each other fairly well, and both servers have the same attitude when it comes to popular pugmanders staying up all night to PPT. Combined, they’d be a real threat.

It’s a shame no one can tolerate YB.

Second Child

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Honestly, Mag and YB’s playstyles complement each other fairly well, and both servers have the same attitude when it comes to popular pugmanders staying up all night to PPT. Combined, they’d be a real threat.

It’s a shame no one can tolerate YB.

Maguumas Bend new open field gvg server paradise inc.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Seems like transferring to t1 was a good idea. In a couple of months I wouldnt be surprised if the only active wvw is in t1.
kittening sad.

I wouldnt say a couple of months. Though i think you are correct. Perhaps by 2016~2017.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Once WvW is limited to one tier, they can shut it down due to “lack of interest”

I said this almost a year ago and it’s getting closer and closer to reality.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Nah, there’s plenty of action in T3/T4. We’re having a grand ole time with 5 relatively even servers.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Nah, there’s plenty of action in T3/T4. We’re having a grand ole time with 5 relatively even servers.

Not buying it. I am sure it is fine and all as I spent over 1.5 years in T3-T6 but after playing in T2 these last few months no way could I go back to the relative wasteland of T3 or lower.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

Another question is how did a game maker devoted to PvP Esport alienate the pvp users?

Answer: By ignoring the PvP community and WvW.
Most PvP players oscillate between the Mists and WvW. But WvW has been a low resource priority from Anet from day 1. No new WvW maps = no new fun. No GvG Arena = guilds turning WvW in to GvG arenas and complaining about ***jamming when ppt guilds play as intended (and the game is called “Guild Wars,” how is there no GvG!!!).

For **** sake, people are going to Archeage for PvP. For PvP!!! The combat is terrible in Archeage!!!

Don’t worry though, Golem Mastery is coming!

Rockrain
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

All I know is that FA is ranked #5 and its a ghost town…so I’d say the population has dropped significantly.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Yeah I think that people who play on NA prime (PST even more so) think that things are “ok”.

If you play later or worse: earlier, it is a ghosttown even on T2, except for a few karma trains here and there.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Straegen.2938

All I know is that FA is ranked #5 and its a ghost town…so I’d say the population has dropped significantly.

FA has lost some strength but it isn’t a ghost town just yet. You guys can still form large groups on multiple maps. It just looks small compared to SoS hordes which seem to have gotten an influx these last few weeks.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]