Why no in-game moderators?

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Maybe this has been announced somewhere earlier but the lack of progress towards any improvements made me jump on the subject again.

One thing that really annoys me is the abscence of an in-game moderator, with such a person online who’s able to take measures into their hands when necessary, which is something this game really could use. There’s EULA and all that but there’s an abundance of players that don’t care, they do anything to “win”.

For me it’s all about having a good time when I’m online, being able to fight anyone, anywhere without, or with, disadvantages such as teleporting or whatever cheat the opponent might use. Another thing is the lack of support of how to easy send in a report of someone who’s obviously cheating.

Can we expect any changes to this matter in a near future or will it be the same as it has been the last year? I just feels that it’s a game breaker when nothing happens and the cheaters are getting more day by day.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This might sound negative, but nothing happened and nothing will happen. Other games have ingame moderators and even a hack report function, gw2 does not have it.

Bet this post will get deleted saying its not allowed to accuse people using hacks/cheats and asking you to send a report to their mail, which will end up in the trashbin.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Can we expect any changes to this matter in a near future or will it be the same as it has been the last year? I just feels that it’s a game breaker when nothing happens and the cheaters are getting more day by day.

Honestly, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the matter. For the past few months ANet has been content with offering little to no insight or discussion into WvW. Also, given that they still have yet to post the simple WvW CDI they stated would be in a month ago, or even just say it was going to be delayed/not release, WvW is probably the last thing they want to bother thinking about.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair how do you know that there aren’t in-game moderators?
Just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

The main thing is that they can’t be at all places at all times. Simply report and hope that they manage to get the cheater before he stops.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You don’t really believe this, do you?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Yes, I do.
Considering that tags tend to turn up rather fast when situations get hostile (at least from my experience) it would suggest that they are around most of the time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It is so cute that people always dig up my posting history everytime I post something. I suppose behaving maturely and actually argue the points is to much to hope for?

Good job at basically making sure the thread is deleted though.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

Can you give a specific example of someone using a hack or cheat? Not the methods used, but the effects of the hack? Just because they appear to be doing something that makes them “win” doesn’t mean they are hackers. In PvP and WvW is really the only place where one would use such things anyway. In PvE it doesn’t really matter. There are also glitches and using those to ones advantage isn’t a hack, or a cheat per se, but it is cheap nonetheless.

And I have to side with Lordkrall on this. I’ve seen ANET tags turn off before going into certain areas, and turn on in potentially hostile situations. Heck I’ve run dungeons with Anet tags, who shut them off before the rest of the PUG showed up. They were quick to calm people down when they started getting kittenish because of a wipe. Just because they don’t announce themselves as a moderator doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I am sure many play strictly incognito just for that very purpose.

But whatever, believe what you want about the support system, and moderators, and how evil Anet is, and how the game is basically dead.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Why no mods?

Pff, like a net or ncsoft wanna drop money into that LOL

We all know where ncsoft is putting its money, its time you wake up and smell the coffee.

Edit: terrible spelling.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Why no mods?

We all know where ncsoft is putting its money, its time you wake up and smell the coffee.

Right, because Anet hiring more people, pushing out new content and expanding their territory, all for GW2, means that the money is all going elsewhere, and NCSoft isn’t giving anything back to Anet for GW2. Because that makes sense….

recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

@OP

Can you give a specific example of someone using a hack or cheat? Not the methods used, but the effects of the hack?

I’m not the OP, but I can provide plenty of vids. I would be immediately banned from this forum forever. pdavis? Google is your friend.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

pdavis.8031

@OP

Can you give a specific example of someone using a hack or cheat? Not the methods used, but the effects of the hack?

I’m not the OP, but I can provide plenty of vids. I would be immediately banned from this forum forever. pdavis? Google is your friend.

Yes im sure it is a bannable offence, but even so, its hard to believe that anet isnt doing anything about it.

recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

@OP

Yes im sure it is a bannable offence, but even so, its hard to believe that anet isnt doing anything about it.

My guess is you are new here?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

@OP

I’ve sent video. I’ve friended to see if player got banned. Still going strong. Anet did nothing.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

@OP

I’ve sent video. I’ve friended to see if player got banned. Still going strong. Anet did nothing.

Same here. Multiple times, multiple offenders. Nothing was ever done.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anyone knows if the CN version of GW2 has ingame GMods?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

If we don’t see them on the forums when the game is sinking to crisis point then we certainly aren’t going to see any in-game. It’s pretty obvious Anets staffing is spread very thin, Even more evidence they couldn’t give a monkeys about this game.

in WvW

pdavis.8031

If we don’t see them on the forums when the game is sinking to crisis point then we certainly aren’t going to see any in-game. It’s pretty obvious Anets staffing is spread very thin, Even more evidence they couldn’t give a monkeys about this game.

The game isnt sinking to a crisis point. The new numbers for the chine release show 3.8 million new accounts, with 7 million dollars in revenue. The game is just doing terrible!!

@all the others

Im definitely not new, I just dont see the devs, the suppprt team, and everything as horrible and sucking at their jobs like its strongly implied. I’ve recieved wonderful support from the devs, and the support team. I refuse to believe that the game is so far broken, and that a multi million dollar business is doing such a terrible job that issues such as this are ignored. Bots and gold sellers are banned in droves. Just because a FEW hackers havent YET doesnt mean that anet isnt doing anything. It would seem that they are of a lower priority. Besides, how long ago were they reported? Days, weeks, maybe a couple of months at most? There is no way to tell how many out of the millions of players are submitting support tickets. With that many players you could reasonably expect to see THOUSANDS of tickets a day. Yours just may be lower on the queue.

recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

NCsoft shares plummeted by almost 3% overnight. Things are not looking healthy.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Besides, how long ago were they reported? Days, weeks, maybe a couple of months at most? There is no way to tell how many out of the millions of players are submitting support tickets. With that many players you could reasonably expect to see THOUSANDS of tickets a day. Yours just may be lower on the queue.

A couple of months? You have got to be joking. I have one griefer from season 1 (over 6 months ago) on my friends list who has never been dealt with despite multiple reports from multiple people. And yes, including video evidence.

in WvW

Offair.2563

The main thing is that they can’t be at all places at all times. Simply report and hope that they manage to get the cheater before he stops.

Just because we dont see them surely means they dont exist. Otherwise something been done already, some of these people have been reported for half a year without being penalized but i am not sure if this ever will get through to you. Most likely not.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

moderators is like the alliens…we all bilive -or the most ppl bilieve-that they exist but no1 have see them
unlees you r fro US…idk why but every1 heve see them there…(the alliens no the moderators)

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Just because we dont see them surely means they dont exist. Otherwise something been done already, some of these people have been reported for half a year without being penalized but i am not sure if this ever will get through to you. Most likely not.

But unless these people are basically reporting themselves how can they know that they have not been penalized?
Isn’t one of the main issues with the hack that they are invisible? Wouldn’t that suggest that no matter how many of them ArenaNet bans it will still appear that they do nothing?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

At least in GW1 there was visual evidence that someone was watching.

I miss Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

There are no in-game moderators a player can petition to take a look at questionable gameplay. I think this is what the OP is saying.

Pity…would do wonders for this game.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

It is so cute that people always dig up my posting history everytime I post something. I suppose behaving maturely and actually argue the points is to much to hope for?

Good job at basically making sure the thread is deleted though.

Because it gives context to your posts.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why no mods?

Right, because Anet hiring more people, pushing out new content and expanding their territory, all for GW2, means that the money is all going elsewhere, and NCSoft isn’t giving anything back to Anet for GW2. Because that makes sense….

It makes perfect sense to NCSoft. Their goal is profit. Not to make a great game.

It’s pretty obvious Anets staffing is spread very thin, Even more evidence they couldn’t give a monkeys about this game.

The new numbers for the chine release show 3.8 million new accounts, with 7 million dollars in revenue.

China GW2 is not equal to the rest of the world’s GW2. And that’s exactly why they don’t need to put resources into non-China WvW, they got all the customers they need there.

in WvW

Offair.2563

But unless these people are basically reporting themselves how can they know that they have not been penalized?
Isn’t one of the main issues with the hack that they are invisible? Wouldn’t that suggest that no matter how many of them ArenaNet bans it will still appear that they do nothing?

Because this kind of behaviour is going on since launch dude and still going on and on and on and on. But its really no point trying to make you see that as you will come to every single post and defend anet on anything. All you achiev is nothing but kittening things more up with your white knighting.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because this kind of behaviour is going on since launch dude and still going on and on and on and on. But its really no point trying to make you see that as you will come to every single post and defend anet on anything. All you achiev is nothing but kittening things more up with your white knighting.

But that doesn’t address the point.
How can people know that ArenaNet does nothing, if they themselves do not use the hacks and get away with it?

And if it was as easy to fix as people seems to think, why don’t they suggest a fix, instead of just complaining?

There is not a single online based game ever released that was totally free from hacks and cheats.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Sure, but then you have to explain how to report someone who shows up as unknown in your combatlog and is invisible, when you can do that then I’ll file a report in 2 minutes.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

There isn’t even an in-game option to report someone for “grief” or “exploit.” Just saying.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

How can people know that ArenaNet does nothing, if they themselves do not use the hacks and get away with it?

That’s your argument? Seriously? Vayne’s back, you gotta work harder than that.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Sure, but then you have to explain how to report someone who shows up as unknown in your combatlog and is invisible, when you can do that then I’ll file a report in 2 minutes.

There isn’t even an in-game option to report someone for “grief” or “exploit.” Just saying.

Record and/or screenshot with an explanation and send to: exploits@arena.net

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Well, how CAN you know if they are invisible and doesn’t leave a name then?
If someone keeps attacking my house but I never see them attacking, how can I know that it is always the same person?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Offair.2563

Well, how CAN you know if they are invisible and doesn’t leave a name then?
If someone keeps attacking my house but I never see them attacking, how can I know that it is always the same person?

How can you know if theyre invisible and dont leave a name? Simple – You get damage from out of nowhere and when u look at your combat log you will see “unknown hits you for xx”. And if people are attacking your home you simply call the police to investigate, something GW2 is lacking but appearantly you seem to know even more then the staff, maybe time for you to make an apply on a job there?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

How can you know if theyre invisible and dont leave a name? Simple – You get damage from out of nowhere and when u look at your combat log you will see “unknown hits you for xx”. And if people are attacking your home you simply call the police to investigate, something GW2 is lacking but appearantly you seem to know even more then the staff, maybe time for you to make an apply on a job there?

Yes, I know how you can know it happens.
That was not what I questioned though. What I questioned was how can you know WHO is doing it?
Why assume that all Unknown are the exact same player every time? Where is the proof that that would be the case?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Offair.2563

Yes, I know how you can know it happens.
That was not what I questioned though. What I questioned was how can you know WHO is doing it?
Why assume that all Unknown are the exact same player every time? Where is the proof that that would be the case?

You cant know who is doing it, hence they use a hack to be invisible and their name showing up in the combat log as unknown. And most people assume its the same people doing it since it comes from the same server and same classes every time. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that. If there was such a thing as “report hack” option or an ingame moderator/gamemaster to monitor such behaviour it would be the best for all of us, but there is not so we need to cope with this crap.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Record and/or screenshot with an explanation and send to: exploits@arena.net

Wasted my time recording, uploading videos to that exact address with detailed explanations to top it off, nothing happened, saw the same cheaters over and over again since match ups went on for weeks. What else you got?

If there were actually invisible GMs going around sorting out exploiters/hackers we’d probably have an in game report option for exactly that.

Edit: No, the enemies were not invisible for me, the avatar, guild tags, even the armor skins were consistent.

Whispers with meat.

(edited by gennyt.3428)

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Why no mods?

It makes perfect sense to NCSoft. Their goal is profit. Not to make a great game.

Actually it is in their best interest to make a great game. Take Squaresoft for example. They were failing, and released Final Fantasy as a last ditch effort before closing their doors. Of course it was a great game, and brought Squaresoft out of the hole, and into almost world wide recognition. Any company, if they want to stay in business, needs to produce a good quality product. If they can’t or won’t produce a good quality product, people will migrate to their competitors, and their profit margin will drop, and if it drops enough, it will put them out of business.

recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why no mods?

Actually it is in their best interest to make a great game. Take Squaresoft for example. They were failing, and released Final Fantasy as a last ditch effort before closing their doors. Of course it was a great game, and brought Squaresoft out of the hole, and into almost world wide recognition. Any company, if they want to stay in business, needs to produce a good quality product. If they can’t or won’t produce a good quality product, people will migrate to their competitors, and their profit margin will drop, and if it drops enough, it will put them out of business.

That is completely false.

A company needs to produce a better selling product, not a better product. (Was told this by an engineer years ago. Thought he was exaggerating at the time. But I learned in the business that he was spot on.)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You are asking for an in-game moderator? We can’t even get ANET people to post in the forums. I think the only ANET person left is the forum thread closer guy.

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Why no mods?

That is completely false.

A company needs to produce a better selling product, not a better product. (Was told this by an engineer years ago. Thought he was exaggerating at the time. But I learned in the business that he was spot on.)

Here are some examples of how quality effects profits (http://smallbusiness.chron.com/four-ways-quality-can-affect-company-21930.html)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_poor_quality)
(http://dennisaubuchon.hubpages.com/hub/How-does-quality-impact-business-success)
(http://www.businessdictionary.com/article/581/the-importance-of-quality-over-quantity/)

I have yet to seen any examples or information that states that a poor quality product doesn’t have a negative impact on sales and profit. However, in an attempt to steer this back on topic, it’s not the product itself that is bad/poor quality. As this game is a computer program, there is not a single computer system/program that is 100% invulnverable to attacks. So while hackers/cheaters are going to exploit those weaknesses, it’s really up to customer service (admins, devs, etc.) to deal with those. Although I have seen and received great customer service from Anet in the past, it would appear that, concerning this issue, there is only so much that they CAN do. We don’t know what their limitations are, or their hack/cheat detection protocols are, or what methods they have available to deal with such things. To say that they are not doing anything about it may not be accurate at all. I would think that instead of just banning the offender, who will come back with another account (hacked and stolen from someone else most likely), they would flag the offender. And by flagging them, and watching them, learn HOW they are doing what they are doing, and the best methods to not only stop them from continuing to do so, but to prevent future exploiters from using the same methods. Of course any changes made to security in these regards won’t be publically announced on the game change forums, but rather stealth patches that are pushed with regular updates.

So while it may seem that no one cares, or no one is taking heed, or not watching, as serious as Anet seems to be about cracking down on AU sellers, and automatons, one would reasonably expect them to respond in the same manner about these types of accounts.

recognize my command!”

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

We don’t know what their limitations are, or their hack/cheat detection protocols are, or what methods they have available to deal with such things. To say that they are not doing anything about it may not be accurate at all. I would think that instead of just banning the offender, who will come back with another account (hacked and stolen from someone else most likely), they would flag the offender. And by flagging them, and watching them, learn HOW they are doing what they are doing, and the best methods to not only stop them from continuing to do so, but to prevent future exploiters from using the same methods.

Considering many of the hacks we’re talking about have been in-game two years, it’s safe to say Anet’s doing absolutely nothing.

in WvW

pdavis.8031

We don’t know what their limitations are, or their hack/cheat detection protocols are, or what methods they have available to deal with such things. To say that they are not doing anything about it may not be accurate at all. I would think that instead of just banning the offender, who will come back with another account (hacked and stolen from someone else most likely), they would flag the offender. And by flagging them, and watching them, learn HOW they are doing what they are doing, and the best methods to not only stop them from continuing to do so, but to prevent future exploiters from using the same methods.

Considering many of the hacks we’re talking about have been in-game two years, it’s safe to say Anet’s doing absolutely nothing.

I still maintain that while it may appear nothing is being done, I would suspect things are being done on the back side that we have no knowledge about. Either way there is ZERO evidence to support either claim, and both are a matter of opinion. While some may claim that those hackers are still in operation is evidence that no action, or process, is being taken, on the flip side one could point out that bots and gold sellers (which are a different form of hacking) are being stopped in droves as evidence that something IS being done.

recognize my command!”

in WvW

gennyt.3428

I still maintain that while it may appear nothing is being done, I would suspect things are being done on the back side that we have no knowledge about. Either way there is ZERO evidence to support either claim, and both are a matter of opinion. While some may claim that those hackers are still in operation is evidence that no action, or process, is being taken, on the flip side one could point out that bots and gold sellers (which are a different form of hacking) are being stopped in droves as evidence that something IS being done.

Bots and gold sellers directly hamper Anet’s RMT..I mean gem shop sales. Speed hackers who chase down a solo roamer so his buddies can catch up and gank or the commander who can magically get out of harm’s way to continue leading, for example, do not.

Whispers with meat.