Why so many changes to everything BUT wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Helpful notes for Anet staff.

How to communicate with your revenue sources [the neglected WvW community] 101:

Learn, identify, and communicate detailed understanding of WvW gameplay mechanics.

Display competence with WvW gameplay mechanics in both written and video format.

Identify [some] respected WvW guilds, leaders, and organizers by name.

Communicate understanding of the GvG competition scene. Identify the top groups by name. Watch the videos. Make a statement about it.

Communicate a developer letter/memo history arc of past WvW changes.

Communicate a developer letter/memo of future WvW changes.

Remember, we are already disaffected passionate gamers with ideas.

Create a dialogue. Don’t try to change us.

We know you have the time and the money to improve game service. =)

Win the crowd Anet!

Attachments:

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

(edited by problematic.9623)

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Come on baby, check out this Living World. It has loads of new, never before seen content.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Come on baby, check out this Living World. It has loads of new, never before seen content.

Sad part is, I’ve taken to collecting the stupid balloon for my asura so I can look cuter in town.

Because WvW is so broken. For various reasons such as how matchups are calculated and grouping UI/commander tag functionality just not being there.

Oh well. At least I got to climb to the top of 30 identical towers this morning.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Learn, identify, and communicate detailed understanding of WvW gameplay mechanics.

Display competence with WvW gameplay mechanics in both written and video format.

Communicate understanding of the GvG competition scene. Identify the top groups by name. Watch the videos. Make a statement about it.

Win the crowd Anet!

And these posts are what close threads. Don’t talk to/attack anet directly. They don’t like it because all it does is give trolls food to feed on.

in WvW

problematic.9623

Win the crowd Anet!

And these posts are what close threads. Don’t talk to/attack anet directly. They don’t like it because all it does is give trolls food to feed on.

Support your claim that I “attacked Anet.” What is wrong with you? This is constructive and creative feedback on communication.

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

If anyone has a problem please understand that the game is barely 1 year old and if it is anything like other games, takes time for new releases to be implemented.

I hear what you are saying Fuzzion. My issues are not improved or new content… but the grouping systems and UI at release. There is no way we should have to reform groups everytime someone goes offline in a WvW group. Basic things like “inviting” and sending tells through the UI. This is not new content, but current UI systems that work in any PVE zone.

Not having some sort of guild or private squad system is beyond me as well. Forcing people to zerg if they have over 5 people is silly. Players are forced to make multiple groups, use 3rd party voice and “mark” a driver in one of the groups as an alternative.

Social and flexible grouping need to be the #1 priority. A flexible grouping system for all players and guilds that WORK through the UI should have been here at release. I could frankly care less about new content until we have a working and usefull commander and squad system.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

New maps take a long time to be built. And even once they are built it takes a long time to get them tested until they are ready to be released. Rest assured, as soon as we can release new maps, we will. And, while it isn’t an entirely new map, you can look forward to some changes to the borderlands soon. Let’s just say you should get your krait killing in now.

Maybe it would go faster if you lot werent spending all your time creating new S/TPvP and loads of new (and boring!) content for PvE?

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Win the crowd Anet!

Support your claim that I “attacked Anet.” What is wrong with you? This is constructive and creative feedback on communication.

Starting your post with

starts a very negative tone, and since you can’t tell if you meant this to be in jest, or light humoured, people will take it negatively more often then not. You also said things like

Display competence

and

I took this as an attack, so if I did, odds are at least a few others did, and if one of those others works at anet…Their have been many posters who posted similar sentiments, and (as far as I can remember) all those threads were closed soon after. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

because people will be disappointed if they tell us about this cool feature which later gets taken out because it doesn’t work as intended.

This would be the main reason. Also, until things are actually completed, they are likely/liable to change. Rather than getting everyone up in a lather about things that aren’t ever going to be in the game, we keep a tight wrap on details until they are ready for release. With our release schedule, that actually tends to be pretty close to when you all see them in game, so we don’t talk about details until that point.

Even if things will change, there’s nothing wrong with a bit preview. At least better than some kind words and false promises that’s been made for enough times now.

in WvW

problematic.9623

Win the crowd Anet!

Starting your post with

starts a very negative tone, and since you can’t tell if you meant this to be in jest, or light humoured, people will take it negatively more often then not. You also said things like

Display competence

and

I took this as an attack, so if I did, odds are at least a few others did, and if one of those others works at anet…Their have been many posters who posted similar sentiments, and (as far as I can remember) all those threads were closed soon after. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

Last communication with you. As the writer of the post you quoted I can answer your concerns…

It is a bullet point list for communication purposes. Do not take me out of context.

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Maybe it would go faster if you lot werent spending all your time creating new S/TPvP and loads of new (and boring!) content for PvE?

Not the same people working on those things though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

no need >.>
will just make the ones they dont mention kitten y about not getting recognition for doing “more” for whatever server than the other guild/person they picked.

he said she said. anet can stay out of that one.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Not the same people working on those things though.

They must have team lead meetings…. we need devon to get angry and hulk up during a meeting and DEMAND they give us more resources to address the group UI and Commander and Squad issues in WvW!

Attachments:

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Thanks for keeping the thread alive all; hopefully it helps for them to see how many are frustrated with the current state of wvw and the lack of meaningful (ie not the treb/flame ram mastery that were, tbh, coded in and not activated months ago along with the other masteries) fixes, changes, and/or updates.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

UI fixes, I do more than report!

Commander communication, party communication tools.

Remove glitched doors, multi-monitor AC “capability” features.

Find ways to make the game competitive with high wvw population servers taking on low wvw population servers.

Address the wxp zerg train.

New content after that would be nice, but optional.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

UI fixes, I do more than report!

Commander communication, party communication tools.

Remove glitched doors, multi-monitor AC “capability” features.

Find ways to make the game competitive with high wvw population servers taking on low wvw population servers.

Address the wxp zerg train.

New content after that would be nice, but optional.

UI and C&S system definately need fixed first. I feel the same way about new content, it’s nice to have but I could care less until they fix the grouping system.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry