WvW: How is this even possible?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowfurr.3681

Shadowfurr.3681

Before I get flamed, I admit, my World is bad. Like, REALLY bad at WvW. I started playing again and wanted to check out WvW, and as I dug deeper… Everything just seems messed up.

!http://imgur.com/20rO4Ft!

However, we’ve been matched against this behemoth band-wagon server for two weeks somehow, getting absolutely shredded. The greatest part about it: when an ET AND SF zerg attack the same tower together (I kid you not: there are screenshots of it), which is understandable from a tactics perspective, but we all sort of thought we would be over and through with these guys when they were supposed to be moved up last Friday…

Surely it’s just a timezone thing, right? No. The absolute lowest ET has gone this week is ~40% WvW conquering, and that was while SoR had two INCREDIBLE commanders online.

I guess my question is: how is this even possible? How is it possible that ET, who completely thrashed both worlds two weeks in a row is down here in the under-populated Tier 7…?

I’m not asking for some silly “punishment for their crimes”, they are a strong server to play against and it’s just odd to see them continuously rofl-stomp anyone and everyone in their wake without ever moving up.

This, of course, includes the absurb fact that – even with 20 players – we still have to “outnumbered” buff on all hours of the day.

Just throwing it out in the open: is server population unbalance going to be fixed? is the ranking system going to be fixed (does it need to be fixed)?

And yes, I do want some cheese with my whine.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yeah. I logged on to check our current matchup this morning (6:00ish EST) and we were ticking 0…zero…nada…zilch. So was the 3rd place server. Fun times. Fun times.

in WvW

Posted by: Darius.1430

Darius.1430

ET is not happy with the matchup either, it’s not fun racing against other commanders for the fights.

The matchup odds are improving each week, and it should be even more in ET’s favor for a T6 match. And if we are able to hold our own in T6, the odds of us moving back down will decrease… but then who replaces us in T7 if we move up? your situation may not improve much.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Who writes this comment?
If your server ticks 0 it means you don’t even have camps.
If you don’t even have camps, you don’t even have roamers?
Assuming that you have no roamers, you have no one.
Assuming you have no one, who writes this comment?
:D

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

the first rule of WvW:

Coverage wins WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Sickchaos.8941

Sickchaos.8941

ET is a Behemoth Band Wagon Server???….lol…..more than cheese is needed for that whine….

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

This is possible because ET has a lot more numbers then before. For months they were sitting at the bottom, forever stuck on the red side until transfers happened about a month or two ago. I understand where you come from, I play on Anvil Rock and we were getting stomped alongside Kaineng when we were dealing with the ET/AR/Kain match up. They’re on the rise and should be stable in T6. Give it another week or two and they should be moving up the bronze ladder soon.

EDIT: Just want to say, congratulations to ET. Keep moving up, I certainly don’t want to deal with your coverage anytime soon :p

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Maybe if SoR guilds didn’t turned their tail and left the server you wouldn’t be suffering what you are right now (you know… KOGS, FIRE, VEX, RA). After all SoR was fighting neck to neck at T6 not long ago.

Anyway, welcome to ET past. Your ride to the bottom isn’t going to be a enjoyable one.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Old Bones.5140

Old Bones.5140

This seems kinda, well you know, funny. To see ET being talked about being the big bad bully has been a long time coming. School has consumed a lot of my time lately, but I remember being in the bottom for sooooo long and getting the snot smacked out of us. We saw some come, we saw some leave, but we persevered.

Server balance will not fix it. Merging servers will not fix it. The only thing that can fix it are the people and the servers themselves. That is not going to happen because everybody has to show their e-kitten that they are the best and want to blob around.

So, enjoy the ride wherever it may take you. ET has been at the top. ET has been at the bottom. But no matter what, ET never gives up.

in WvW

Posted by: Sickchaos.8941

Sickchaos.8941

Well put Bones…. Server Pride, no matter what.
Eredon Terrace Forever, Forever Eredon Terrace. [MoS]

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

EDIT: Just want to say, congratulations to ET. Keep moving up, I certainly don’t want to deal with your coverage anytime soon :p

Thanks Mizu… I’m hoping that none of the servers fully die. I think/hope eventually any server on the bottom will attract those looking for a challenge and wanting to make a difference. It’s the best explanation I have for our recent transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

ET is far from a good server. They just happen to be the better where they are at. Granted, they have gained a lot of fairweather activity (and maybe some resurgence of WvW in PvX guilds) since the tournament, which is outstanding for them. But, they won’t get too far.

SoR just had their 2nd implosion this year. Back in January and trickling into a couple months after, every WvW guild on SoR transferred off, mostly to bandwagon TC, two to SoS, one to FA, one to JQ, one to CD/SBI, etc. This left SoR with ZERO WvW community. Since then, we worked hard to establish a community for WvW on the server. A couple of in-house WvW guilds were made, a couple small transfers came in, and a LOT of PvX growth from within to the battlefield. We did a lot of training with some of our former T1 players that knew a lot about WvW and stuck it out. That helped a lot.

A month ago, SoR imploded again. The season destroyed morale, built up agression between guilds started coming out, finger pointing and blaming happened, and finally, guilds started leaving. After 2 guilds left, we started bleeding key players left and right. SoR did not have a large variety of people that did WvW; we had a lot of the same people that did a lot of the activity. Once players/commanders started bleeding out, other guilds realized the true state of SoR. A few of us stuck it out further for a couple weeks, but it didn’t take long to see that we were literally the only ones out here (FIRE/VEX) except for GSCH (who would never leave SoR due to the server being named after one of their own).

So, a tough decision was made. More transfers. If a guild enjoys WvW as a group, a barren wasteland of a battlefield isn’t going to be a place they would enjoy it. If a guild enjoys an interactive and team-based community, and they don’t have that, then they will go where they will find it.

And before anyone says “well..why don’t you just start one then?” If anyone knows who I am, then they will know that I spent 9 months already doing that. It failed.

R.I.P. SoR. I miss what we were. I hate what you became.

NOTE: I really do wish ET the best. If they rise up, then props to them. It would be great to see them overcome the slump they were in. But when we were fighting them, they had one “zerg-busting guild” that was mediocre at best, and they ran map pug blobs that were easily defeated with half the size of them. Problem is, we stopped even being able to get enough people to be even have half their size on SoR anymore….

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by xivor.8754)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Maybe if SoR guilds didn’t turned their tail and left the server you wouldn’t be suffering what you are right now (you know… KOGS, FIRE, VEX, RA). After all SoR was fighting neck to neck at T6 not long ago.

Anyway, welcome to ET past. Your ride to the bottom isn’t going to be a enjoyable one.

Guilds that left did so because there was zero, Z-E-R-O, support from the SoR community to even put in a good showing in wvw let alone win. It had nothing to do with turning tail but rather leaving a toxic cesspool in the dust.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Complaining about ET crushing you, lol, that’s funny.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

This is possible because ET has a lot more numbers then before. For months they were sitting at the bottom, forever stuck on the red side until transfers happened about a month or two ago. I understand where you come from, I play on Anvil Rock and we were getting stomped alongside Kaineng when we were dealing with the ET/AR/Kain match up. They’re on the rise and should be stable in T6. Give it another week or two and they should be moving up the bronze ladder soon.

I am on Kaineng and can attest to this. While roaming wise, we have ABSOLUTELY no problem, that’s all we can do. We have at most a 20 man zerg on EV and a lot of it is up levels and pugs.

P.S. If you love roaming, come to Kaineng, we have amazing roaming. Limitless 1vX or 2-5vX! We will even teach you to kill tons of people! You just have to despise zergs.

in WvW

xivor.8754

20 players is not a zerg. It does not even cause orange swords. I wouldn’t consider anything smaller than 35-40 to be a zerg. Really, a zerg in top tiers is 60+.

in WvW

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

20 players is not a zerg. It does not even cause orange swords. I wouldn’t consider anything smaller than 35-40 to be a zerg. Really, a zerg in top tiers is 60+.

I never see 35+ ppl online together anymore, so i too consider 20 a zerg. It just depends on what tier of WvW you’re used to.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

So, a tough decision was made. More transfers. If a guild enjoys WvW as a group, a barren wasteland of a battlefield isn’t going to be a place they would enjoy it. If a guild enjoys an interactive and team-based community, and they don’t have that, then they will go where they will find it.

This is funny coming from the guy who gave my guild kitten for leaving SoR back then for the exact same reason he is transferring off right now. The irony.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nyaniel.7340

Nyaniel.7340

This is funny coming from the guy who gave my guild kitten for leaving SoR back then for the exact same reason he is transferring off right now. The irony.

lol

[Envy] Envy

in WvW

Mizu.4508

That’s the thing though. Once you give up on your server and transfer you aren’t helping it at all. AR was fine in T7 about 6-8 months ago but then we lost a number of large guilds. We got hit hard by the losses. TBT, Zero, TFH, OAK?(or it was VALE) over the year and they were some of our largest guilds.

So if SoR really did implode again, then let them come to the T8 match up next week (SoR/AR/Kain) and we’ll see how they fair then. Welcome to T8, where 20 man is considered a zerg and 60 man being an entire server. We (Anvil Rock) have I believe just slightly more players then what Kaineng (about 1.2x-1.5x the players) has so it shouldn’t be too bad of a match up unless you lack the numbers to compete. Guild wise, we have LXG, TM, ALS (and another guild that I’m probably forgetting, sorry!).

I hope SoR coming to T8 balances it out cause I don’t believe either Kaineng or AR can even compete for T7 at this moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Your matchup is still fine as long as this is possible:

http://i.imgur.com/75XRM80.png

You see how happy you can be.

Attachments:

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Your matchup is still fine as long as this is possible:

http://i.imgur.com/75XRM80.png

You see how happy you can be.

Oh, the memories…

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/30/10

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Before I get flamed, I admit, my World is bad. Like, REALLY bad at WvW. I started playing again and wanted to check out WvW, and as I dug deeper… Everything just seems messed up.

However, we’ve been matched against this behemoth band-wagon server for two weeks somehow, getting absolutely shredded. The greatest part about it: when an ET AND SF zerg attack the same tower together (I kid you not: there are screenshots of it), which is understandable from a tactics perspective, but we all sort of thought we would be over and through with these guys when they were supposed to be moved up last Friday…

Surely it’s just a timezone thing, right? No. The absolute lowest ET has gone this week is ~40% WvW conquering, and that was while SoR had two INCREDIBLE commanders online.

I guess my question is: how is this even possible? How is it possible that ET, who completely thrashed both worlds two weeks in a row is down here in the under-populated Tier 7…?

I’m not asking for some silly “punishment for their crimes”, they are a strong server to play against and it’s just odd to see them continuously rofl-stomp anyone and everyone in their wake without ever moving up.

This, of course, includes the absurb fact that – even with 20 players – we still have to “outnumbered” buff on all hours of the day.

Just throwing it out in the open: is server population unbalance going to be fixed? is the ranking system going to be fixed (does it need to be fixed)?

It is possible because nobody show it’s nose. Even I got tired of roaming alone and having at best 1 vs 2 odds no matter where I was going on the map. ET has people EVERYWHERE camping EVERYTHING. It is impossible to take more than a camp if you are lucky.

The new LS has been where I went most of the time from that point on. The match isn’t only unfair, but unplayable. I’m used to unfairsince I used to be facing SOS for so long when I was on Mag. But this is a new level of ridiculous… At least SoR is not full of elitist kittens on top of being quitters.

Sight, Before the tournament things were fine on SoR, but after the tournament I don’t know what has hit ppl on the head but they just killed the server by leaving it so massively.

Very sad…

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It is possible because nobody show it’s nose. Even I got tired of roaming alone and having at best 1 vs 2 odds no matter where I was going on the map. ET has people EVERYWHERE camping EVERYTHING. It is impossible to take more than a camp if you are lucky.

If this was true you wouldn’t have almost 100k score… Take a look at the link on my post above and you’ll see what a server that have people camping everything really look like.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If this was true you wouldn’t have almost 100k score… Take a look at the link on my post above and you’ll see what a server that have people camping everything really look like.

I’m speaking only from the perspective I have when I can log on. The last 10 times I did logged on it was a true nightmare. I’m not saying it is like that all around the clock. I say it was for me.

Also, even when I was alone I could managed to flip camps fully developed with mercenaries before the guys stationed at Veloka and Overlook would come, but was that a major pain in the @$$…

I was so happy when we finally had a group of four to try and flip OW successfully. But at the first sign of resistance ppl disconnected… very kitten the moral.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

ET is one of the new Bandwagon servers, when they hit the plateau it’ll end as it always does. it should get pretty toxic in mapchat pretty soon.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

ET is one of the new Bandwagon servers, when they hit the plateau it’ll end as it always does. it should get pretty toxic in mapchat pretty soon.

Comparing what we received to the previous bandwagons, we’re pretty lacking I’d say (In fact I don’t belive we’ll get past T6)… And when/if these people decide to just leave, it’s no problem. Because ET is used to be on the bottom, unlike some other server that couldn’t handle the pressure and died…

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

At least SoR is not full of elitist kittens on top of being quitters.

Better to be full of something than absolutely nothing. No players, no game.

GG

in WvW

xivor.8754

Lack of activity from others on the server? Being the only force on the map? Barren wasteland of WvW maps? You left for those three reasons?

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Lack of activity from others on the server? Being the only force on the map? Barren wasteland of WvW maps? You left for those three reasons?

I do admit that I’m a bit disappointed to read you have quit the server considering you were the one who convinced me SoR was a great server that was rebuilding it’s WvW.

The server wasn’t bad at all before you guys decided to flee. Now it’s truly a wasteland whee 99.99% of the server is PVE. I don’t see SoR recovering from that move anytime soon. It is sad because I did like the fact nobody was mean to others on that server. The community was great while it lasted…

in WvW

xivor.8754

SoR was going downhill well before FIRE left. We just stuck it out longer because we were very invested into the community. It was hard for us to leave, but our guild was being hurt staying there. It is unfortunate, because we still had a few friends there. But alas, most of our friends were already long gone, to many other servers… SoR was bleeding players for weeks prior to us leaving.

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

@Shadowfurr: We’re in your tier, because we’re still clawing up from T8 and 24th place. We’re trying and it sucks for you guys who are in this matchup facing a server that has a higher population and better coverage than you do. We don’t like it any more than you do, because we’ve been there for a very long time. We know how it feels. Oh, and we are not a band-wagon server.

ET has primarily been populated in the past by the same never-say-die defenders that we always have. We’re a tenacious lot that just never gave up despite all the MONTHS of being the lowest-ranked server. Many people have come and gone from ET. We had guilds who transferred in, poached our players, then left back to the tiers they came from. We’ve had guilds that transferred in, couldn’t face the adversity, so they left for greener pastures. We’ve also had guilds who formed, wanted a different gaming experience, and left to find it elsewhere.

Through all that, a core group of us stuck it out. We weathered the storm. We built a foundation that (I hope) is friendly to new people coming to join us. We built and fine-tuned a server-wide TeamSpeak, website, and public community-guild. We’ve invested “blood, sweat, and tears” into this Community.

Now we are on a bit of a winning streak. That foundation that a lot of us built is helping to draw in new players and new guilds, and yes the occasional fairweather. Our population is growing and it has directly resulted in winning matchups. My hope is that we’ll continue to be a positive place and we’ll continue to have a great community as we grow. As long as we can keep doing the things that have always made us great, I feel like the word will spread and new people will show up to become part of our family. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. We’ve already seen people join ET and then “advertise” to bring in other new people form other servers. Evidently, they liked what they saw and thought others could enjoy ET as well.

Make no mistake though, we’re in an uphill battle. We’ve faced lots of adversity and that same core of us isn’t scared of facing more of it. We’ll be here if we’re at the top. We’ll be here if we’re at the bottom. We’re the epitome of that frog that’s grasping the crane by the neck, never letting go, even while being devoured.

Some folks can’t take the heat. Some folks lose for a few weeks, a month, maybe two. They flee because it’s no longer easy.

That’s not us. We’ve fought tooth and nail and we’ll always keep fighting.

Finally, a HUGE thanks to those veteran ET’ers. The ones that stuck through the thick and the thin and never quit. Another HUGE thanks to those who have recently joined us, the folks we now call brother and sister, and fight alongside every day. I hope that we can continue to grow as a community, be unified, and fight well together.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

The new LS has been where I went most of the time from that point on. The match isn’t only unfair, but unplayable. I’m used to unfairsince I used to be facing SOS for so long when I was on Mag. But this is a new level of ridiculous… At least SoR is not full of elitist kittens on top of being quitters.

I had to laugh.

Clearly you’ve not spent a lot of time looking at the ridiculous bile and grandstanding that SoR’s self-chosen representatives have been spewing on the matchup forums since they came to bronze.

Talking big, “we’re just passing through and won’t be here for long”, “all of you guys in bronze are terrible and have given up on the game, but we have community and commitment and are strong”, “tell us what you guys did so that we don’t do the same”… that sort of thing.

Pretty elitist, but they had nothing to show for it. Never saw an SoR group attack anything close to its own size, they had to swarm even tiny groups. They preferred hitting empty objectives and then bragging about the PPT they got from it, but a single arrow cart would cut their groups in half in no time. They talked big, but couldn’t deliver.

And look! The loudest and worst of them have left because, despite their words-which-never-match-their-actions, the rest of the people that did the actual work aren’t providing enough of a framework for them to continue to live like parasites.

For all the virtues they spouted about themselves, the fact of the matter is that when the going got tough, they ran away to where other people were already doing the work, and they can clamp on leech-like and claim they’re doing something.

Seriously, go to the matchup forum at http://www.gw2wvw.net/forums/na-matchups and roll back to around May or June and look at the threads that SoR was in from that time moving forward.

That’s your SoR.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Gaiscioch [GSCH] and several others are still playing our hearts out on Sanctum of Rall, however we’re not playing all the time every day. We have scheduled events when we go out into WvW. The rest of the time we’re doing our own thing whether its pve or wvw or spvp. When we’re out the field doesn’t look like that. Last night for example we were ticking at the high 200’s with Hella Vanka, X P O W E R, Cara, and I running tags together manning all warzones at the same time. We had waypoints in all 3 SOR keeps by the time we signed out.

But that’s just it. On Sanctum of Rall eventually the party stops and people go to bed or do other things. We don’t have coverage every day and it should not be expected of a Tier 3 server let alone a Tier 7 or 8. Sanctum of Rall is a very casual WvW styled approach where scheduled events get our largest turnouts. If you want hard core fighting SOR is not the place to be. Those of us who remain here and call it home are happy where we are and are having fun doing what we can when we can. We don’t expect to be the best, we only want to come out and have fun when we can.

So many people are so high strung about this it makes me scratch my head. It’s a GAME, it’s supposed to be FUN. If you’re not having fun change the way you’re playing or who you’re playing with. People just need to relax and get back to having fun.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I had to laugh.

Clearly you’ve not spent a lot of time looking at the ridiculous bile and grandstanding that SoR’s self-chosen representatives have been spewing on the matchup forums since they came to bronze.

Talking big, “we’re just passing through and won’t be here for long”, “all of you guys in bronze are terrible and have given up on the game, but we have community and commitment and are strong”, “tell us what you guys did so that we don’t do the same”… that sort of thing.

Pretty elitist, but they had nothing to show for it. Never saw an SoR group attack anything close to its own size, they had to swarm even tiny groups. They preferred hitting empty objectives and then bragging about the PPT they got from it, but a single arrow cart would cut their groups in half in no time. They talked big, but couldn’t deliver.

And look! The loudest and worst of them have left because, despite their words-which-never-match-their-actions, the rest of the people that did the actual work aren’t providing enough of a framework for them to continue to live like parasites.

For all the virtues they spouted about themselves, the fact of the matter is that when the going got tough, they ran away to where other people were already doing the work, and they can clamp on leech-like and claim they’re doing something.

Seriously, go to the matchup forum at http://www.gw2wvw.net/forums/na-matchups and roll back to around May or June and look at the threads that SoR was in from that time moving forward.

That’s your SoR.

I do admit that I only have a very limited perspective of SoR history since I’m relatively new there. One of the reason I was interested in SoR after Maguuma was because they had gone were Maguuma was clearly heading at the time I made my move. I was
expecting to see a server that had been abandonned by the elitist (YES!!!!!!) and had learned from it’s past. My experience on the server I came to know was very positive.Still is. The people there, those that remained after there first great dump into the pit, were nothing like the kitten squads I was sick and tired of playing with.

That being said, I do consider changing server again since it is almost exclusively a PVE server. I can do TeQ every day with my supposedly PvX guild, but we can’t get a hundredth of our guild to play WvW a hundredth of the time. Before the third season it was a lot better than what we have now and I don’t see things getting better.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

That being said, I do consider changing server again since it is almost exclusively a PVE server. I can do TeQ every day with my supposedly PvX guild, but we can’t get a hundredth of our guild to play WvW a hundredth of the time. Before the third season it was a lot better than what we have now and I don’t see things getting better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Obligatory-post-advertising-for-transfers/4549806

in WvW

xivor.8754

@Shadowfurr: We’re in your tier, because we’re still clawing up from T8 and 24th place. We’re trying and it sucks for you guys who are in this matchup facing a server that has a higher population and better coverage than you do. We don’t like it any more than you do, because we’ve been there for a very long time. We know how it feels. Oh, and we are not a band-wagon server.

ET has primarily been populated in the past by the same never-say-die defenders that we always have. We’re a tenacious lot that just never gave up despite all the MONTHS of being the lowest-ranked server. Many people have come and gone from ET. We had guilds who transferred in, poached our players, then left back to the tiers they came from. We’ve had guilds that transferred in, couldn’t face the adversity, so they left for greener pastures. We’ve also had guilds who formed, wanted a different gaming experience, and left to find it elsewhere.

Through all that, a core group of us stuck it out. We weathered the storm. We built a foundation that (I hope) is friendly to new people coming to join us. We built and fine-tuned a server-wide TeamSpeak, website, and public community-guild. We’ve invested “blood, sweat, and tears” into this Community.

Now we are on a bit of a winning streak. That foundation that a lot of us built is helping to draw in new players and new guilds, and yes the occasional fairweather. Our population is growing and it has directly resulted in winning matchups. My hope is that we’ll continue to be a positive place and we’ll continue to have a great community as we grow. As long as we can keep doing the things that have always made us great, I feel like the word will spread and new people will show up to become part of our family. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. We’ve already seen people join ET and then “advertise” to bring in other new people form other servers. Evidently, they liked what they saw and thought others could enjoy ET as well.

Make no mistake though, we’re in an uphill battle. We’ve faced lots of adversity and that same core of us isn’t scared of facing more of it. We’ll be here if we’re at the top. We’ll be here if we’re at the bottom. We’re the epitome of that frog that’s grasping the crane by the neck, never letting go, even while being devoured.

Some folks can’t take the heat. Some folks lose for a few weeks, a month, maybe two. They flee because it’s no longer easy.

Finally, a HUGE thanks to those veteran ET’ers. The ones that stuck through the thick and the thin and never quit. Another HUGE thanks to those who have recently joined us, the folks we now call brother and sister, and fight alongside every day. I hope that we can continue to grow as a community, be unified, and fight well together.

This is a good post. Props to you guys at ET. I wish you all the best on your journey up. Good luck in your T5 matchup!

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Gaiscioch [GSCH] and several others are still playing our hearts out on Sanctum of Rall, however we’re not playing all the time every day. We have scheduled events when we go out into WvW. The rest of the time we’re doing our own thing whether its pve or wvw or spvp. When we’re out the field doesn’t look like that. Last night for example we were ticking at the high 200’s with Hella Vanka, X P O W E R, Cara, and I running tags together manning all warzones at the same time. We had waypoints in all 3 SOR keeps by the time we signed out.

But that’s just it. On Sanctum of Rall eventually the party stops and people go to bed or do other things. We don’t have coverage every day and it should not be expected of a Tier 3 server let alone a Tier 7 or 8. Sanctum of Rall is a very casual WvW styled approach where scheduled events get our largest turnouts. If you want hard core fighting SOR is not the place to be. Those of us who remain here and call it home are happy where we are and are having fun doing what we can when we can. We don’t expect to be the best, we only want to come out and have fun when we can.

So many people are so high strung about this it makes me scratch my head. It’s a GAME, it’s supposed to be FUN. If you’re not having fun change the way you’re playing or who you’re playing with. People just need to relax and get back to having fun.

I can validate some things that are said here, all WvW focused players/guilds left the server for reasons that I will not be the one to put them on the forums. That exodus is what triggered the drop from T1. That means that WvW on SoR is managed by PvE and PvX guilds.
There is no way SoR is moving back up anytime soon and you will not get the kind of fights out of them that you would expect from WvW or GvG guilds.

in WvW

LostBalloon.6423

I had to laugh.

That’s your SoR.

I do admit that I only have a very limited perspective of SoR history since I’m relatively new there. One of the reason I was interested in SoR after Maguuma was because they had gone were Maguuma was clearly heading at the time I made my move. I was
expecting to see a server that had been abandonned by the elitist (YES!!!!!!) and had learned from it’s past. My experience on the server I came to know was very positive.Still is. The people there, those that remained after there first great dump into the pit, were nothing like the kitten squads I was sick and tired of playing with.

When you talk about elitists, are you talking about the organized guilds that brought the server all the way up to T1 (moving up the ladder at the same time as BG) or the ones I never heard of that poped up after SoR’s fall from T1? (after every single WvWer jumped ship for very valid internal issues. (which is well represented by your observation of SoR becoming a PvE exclusive server)

in WvW

Mizu.4508

If anyone goes anywhere but T2 for GvG then they’re moving to the wrong servers lol. Anyways, SoR is doing fine in the AR/Kain/SoR matchup, as all servers currently in this tier lacks the coverage to move up anyways. Take your time down at the bottom, its actually quite interesting at the moment because its been a few weeks since we have last faced SoR. That, and a small number of players can still accomplish a lot in T8. Good luck to you guys, and lets have a good match

(edited by Mizu.4508)

in WvW

Posted by: TaliesinRevel.5971

TaliesinRevel.5971

This is a good post. Props to you guys at ET. I wish you all the best on your journey up. Good luck in your T5 matchup!

in WvW

Posted by: TaliesinRevel.5971

TaliesinRevel.5971

This is a really good description of ET and its struggle over the past. I have played for 2 years on ET and have never been out of T8. I believe guilds would come down to 24th just to recruit. Some days we couldn’t leave our Citadel.. we deserve some time in the sun. I love ET and its people.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I had to laugh.

That’s your SoR.

When you talk about elitists, are you talking about the organized guilds that brought the server all the way up to T1 (moving up the ladder at the same time as BG) or the ones I never heard of that poped up after SoR’s fall from T1? (after every single WvWer jumped ship for very valid internal issues. (which is well represented by your observation of SoR becoming a PvE exclusive server)

No. To me, an Elitist is someone who sees himself as the next best thing since slice bread and who look down on all other players. It is someone who can’t be agreeable to others unless they share the same values. A narcissistic prick if you will. Being an elitist is all about the attitude, not the skill level or your preferred play style.

You can generally smell them on forum when they reply to people to go back to their AC as some kind of air light argument as to why PPT is bad. Many people don’t like PPT, but they don’t feel the urge to belittle it and substitute an actual argument for that kind of knee jerk response.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

the first rule of WvW:

Coverage wins WvW.

Don’t worry guys, there was a CDI and Arenanet are working on a solution! Either that or they will ignore WvW for a year and a half like last time.

One of those things will happen, I guarantee* it!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

The latter – they’re the ones that represented SoR while I was dealing with them. And they were all “Proud to have been on SoR from the very start…” et cetera.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The latter – they’re the ones that represented SoR while I was dealing with them. And they were all “Proud to have been on SoR from the very start…” et cetera.

Meh, I don’t know much of the SoR you describe. Too new to the server I guess. There isn’t much of what you describe here today at least. But I have no problem believing things were like that at some point seeing how the server went from top to bottom.

Beside, server pride isn’t being elitist. When you see yourself as THE elite, you are convince that you are THE kitten and that others can only hope to smells like it.

There are few things more satisfying than stomping an arrogant prick into the mud in a duel ending with either silence for good, or someone PMing you all kind of bitter non-sense trying to excuse his current predicament at the hand of an obviously far inferior player… of course…

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I started out on ET when they were considered dead last of all servers. I’m actually happy now at least one person considers them a “behemoth” lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Thing is that for some people fun is in the competition that wvw has the potential to bring. So when you say people need to have fun after two paragraphs about how apathetic SoR is regarding wvw it’s hard to imagine it being a fun place EXCEPT when your map blob is running. Otherwise everyone is just getting rolled over.

BG

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Beside, server pride isn’t being elitist. When you see yourself as THE elite, you are convince that you are THE kitten and that others can only hope to smells like it.

In in fact gave you the link to the matchup forum, and told you the date to start reading. Those are the people and guilds who literally just left and are currently leaving. Server pride was there as well (some pride – they’re bailing when it gets a little tough) but go read.

in WvW

LostBalloon.6423

Thanks for the honest answers to you and Sirbeaumerdier. If I can sum up what happened to SoR for the downfall, it was PvE guilds hostility towards the main WvW guilds though with a heavy reliance on us keeping SoR as a performing server. Without getting much more into the details, there is a reason the server is now 99.9% PvE