WvW conspired? Intervention required

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Sigh

Moments like these is why we miss the match up threads.

Curious what servers outside of Gold League think of BG’s rant?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

This thread is ridiculous. Both origin, and respondents.
Only one sensible post by the [STUN] guy.

We (@ Nocturnal) will keep playing WvW as we always have, regardless of how the opposition respond.
See you on the borderlands tonight TC, and JQ.

/Salute

we look forward to some good fights tonight!

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg

in WvW

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

Not to change the subject but,

don’t you think if Anet made the rewards for winning each of the 3 NA divisions equal, it would spread out the WvW guilds throughout all the servers? this would most likely reduce the huge blobs, Que times and equal out the playing field?
then maybe having the winners of each of the 3 divisions have a match for an additional prize?

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

We’ll be sure to just let you win next season to spare your ego a beating. /sarcasm

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I think ANet needs to change how WvW mechanics work as opposed to pve perspective.

We can’t even get a basic grouping system or changes we asked for almost 2 years ago and you want to change the core mechanics of the WvW?

Incoming deleted post for wasting everyone’s time on nonsense.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

(edited by Ahmrill.7512)

in WvW

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

The system is working as intended, with the weaker servers working together to take out the top server. BG’s getting better, harder fights and more challenges out of it, which I imagine translates as more fun for their core WvWer’s. 2v1 isn’t unfair, the only situation I’d see it as “unfair” is when it’s the top server working with the second top server to shut down the weakest server… but even then, it’s “blagh” but not enough to go make forum posts QQing about the whole thing. Just makes you want to fight back harder.

If BG is as great as they proclaim, then they’ll stick around, grit their teeth, fight through it and not give up, whine, or use unsavory means (spies, siege trolls, etc…). But if when things don’t go BG’s way and the resort is to whine, complain, use unsavory means… well, they simply aren’t that great of a server and don’t deserve that top spot, especially when their stacking is generally better than everyone else’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

WvW 2v1 is fun enough for you??? How about during the entire season were you’d be fighting against 2 conspired zergs from each alliances. Meanwhile Blackgate TS is going through ddos attack every so often. Well sure enough JQ and TC are completely enjoying this moment to take advantage of the situation and they are absolutely not subjected to penalty. I think ANet needs to change how WvW mechanics work as opposed to pve perspective. Unlike GW1 they have skills changed when you switch between pve/pvp maps. I think they should do exactly the same thing over here in GW2. Skills should not be limited to 5 (10 if includes friendly target) targets. This makes the challenges in WvW easy to be manipulated against the favor of fair games.

Blackgate Power

working as intended. all of it. trying to have Anet change the mechanics won’t change it.

in WvW

Posted by: GhostHits.4617

GhostHits.4617

BG Native, I like 2v1 against us, means we can’t just run away with the season, and it takes quite abit from JQ and TC server to work together, I mean it can easily just take a few people/guild to screw that plan up, so props to JQ/TC. I respectfully accept the challenge of this. Hope to see you all on the WvW grounds ^^;

Blackgate Server [LUCK]
Thief, guardian, Necro, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

don’t you think if Anet made the rewards for winning each of the 3 NA divisions equal, it would spread out the WvW guilds throughout all the servers?

I thought the rewards were the same for winning gold, silver, or bronze?

as in….

Place/Tickets
1st 500 + finisher
2nd 450 + finisher
3rd 400 + finisher

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

not sure what’s the arrangement between JQ and TC, but if the scoring trend continues for this week, beginning next matchup/week we’ll have :

BG – 11pts
SoS- 11pts
JQ/TC – 11/9pts (result dependent)
DB/Mag- 7/5pts (result dependent)

so next week JQ and TC cannot form pact. let’s see if SoS would be interested in taking part in this 2v1 game.. haha

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

1st week – BG double teams TC with JQ most of the week (not all but most)
2nd week – BG double teams TC with SoS the entire week
3rd week – BG seems mad they are getting double teamed continuously.

There is absolutely no benefit in not double teaming BG considering their coverage. If any server wants to place higher, they need to keep them down due to their coverage. The funny thing is, considering all the double teaming that was going on in TC during the 1st 2 weeks, they were never in the same predicament BG is in now. At least they could still control chunks of the map (congrats TC).

The way Anet has it layed out in the swiss style format, if this continues (which it probably will), BG will come in 4th or 5th (most likely 5th). It would be to the other servers benefit to keep them that way if they want to place higher.

My advice to BG if you don’t want it to continue:

A) De-stack your servers (aka) whatever guilds transferred there, leave
B) Don’t blob the map, (aka) don’t run in any numbers greater than 50.

Not doing both of those gives other servers perfect reason to double team and keep you pushed down in 3rd.

Just a correction, 1st week – BG double teams JQ with TC.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

keep in mind that if multiple servers tie for the same place they get the same reward.

That might be the endgame for this.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

The system is working as intended, with the weaker servers working together to take out the top server. BG’s getting better, harder fights and more challenges out of it, which I imagine translates as more fun for their core WvWer’s. 2v1 isn’t unfair, the only situation I’d see it as “unfair” is when it’s the top server working with the second top server to shut down the weakest server… but even then, it’s “blagh” but not enough to go make forum posts QQing about the whole thing. Just makes you want to fight back harder.

If BG is as great as they proclaim, then they’ll stick around, grit their teeth, fight through it and not give up, whine, or use unsavory means (spies, siege trolls, etc…). But if when things don’t go BG’s way and the resort is to whine, complain, use unsavory means… well, they simply aren’t that great of a server and don’t deserve that top spot, especially when their stacking is generally better than everyone else’s.

The fights are good, yes.

However, let’s follow this logic. So BG doesn’t give up and continues to be spawn camped in all three BL’s including EB. JQ and TC do not touch each others stuff at all. Example, just on JQ BL today, TC had our home tower while JQ had hills, if BG even came out and tried to wipe TC, TC runs in tower and immediately JQ comes to finish us off. Literally, no chance to hold any tower/keep anywhere.

Btw, map politics (what was happening in week 1) is not the same as organized 2v1. Map politics = BGBL, BG having to fight TC from taking NE tower, so JQ hits NW tower. That is map politics and working as intended. The situation we have now as described above is not map politics, but just plain unsportsmanlike.

Now, who’s to say JQ/TC doesn’t just team up again when BG pulls ahead in any week after this? Is that still fair? Would it still be fair if it was happening to your server? (again map politics is not the same as organized 2v1).

Also, to dispel some nonsense rebuttals on how “you deserved this:”
- Bought guilds for seasons = Bought as in help with transfer costs after they asked to move over? (yes they asked). Should I note how many guilds were “bought” by JQ and TC before seasons begun? Let’s just say they both got WAY more guilds than BG received. That’s a fact. Most of our players were already on BG but came out of their breaks for the season.
- Stacked server? JQ has equal (even more in certain time zones) coverage as BG. TC is really the only server that can complain since their only strong off hour coverage is EU.

Now, are there some bad apples on BG? Yes. Would you like me to name a few bad apples on everyone else’s server?

This organized 2v1 is doing nothing but ruining the season. You are taking a tournament that is suppose to be about who is the number 1 server, and instead turning it into a rigged horse race. Who can form alliances with what servers.

Do you really want to set the precedence going forward to always 2v1 the top server to the point where they cannot even own a tower? Because that is where this is headed. Why would anyone want to be the top server then? Should this season even be taken seriously any more since the matches will no longer be fair?

Why not just play the game as intended? You know, if it’s red it’s dead. Does that mean you shouldn’t focus the stronger server? No, if you’re TC and you see JQ and BG fighting then you should probably hit BG. I am not arguing against that. That’s fair game.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

3. don’t tell us how good your blob is. it’s a joke! i have not seen one BG guild or mini blob this season fight us when we have equal numbers. (look at your own posted video’s.)

You’re right, we had less numbers

http://youtu.be/HwuVxiEhk24

Have you ever thought about upgrading your pc? The graphics looks bizarre.

Ever considered that it’s the compression of the video that does that? Thanks for watching though

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thanks TC for the whopping 2500 kills i received reset night!!

This ^^. I think it is mostly the BG pugs that are complaining. For the hardcore players, the fights are epic.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

However, let’s follow this logic. So BG doesn’t give up and continues to be spawn camped in all three BL’s including EB. JQ and TC do not touch each others stuff at all. Example, just on JQ BL today, TC had our home tower while JQ had hills, if BG even came out and tried to wipe TC, TC runs in tower and immediately JQ comes to finish us off. Literally, no chance to hold any tower/keep anywhere.

Btw, map politics (what was happening in week 1) is not the same as organized 2v1. Map politics = BGBL, BG having to fight TC from taking NE tower, so JQ hits NW tower. That is map politics and working as intended. The situation we have now as described above is not map politics, but just plain unsportsmanlike.

Now, who’s to say JQ/TC doesn’t just team up again when BG pulls ahead in any week after this? Is that still fair? Would it still be fair if it was happening to your server? (again map politics is not the same as organized 2v1).

- Bought guilds for seasons = Bought as in help with transfer costs after they asked to move over? (yes they asked). Should I note how many guilds were “bought” by JQ and TC before seasons begun? Let’s just say they both got WAY more guilds than BG received. That’s a fact. Most of our players were already on BG but came out of their breaks for the season.
- Stacked server? JQ has equal (even more in certain time zones) coverage as BG. TC is really the only server that can complain since their only strong off hour coverage is EU.

Now, are there some bad apples on BG? Yes. Would you like me to name a few bad apples on everyone else’s server?

This organized 2v1 is doing nothing but ruining the season. You are taking a tournament that is suppose to be about who is the number 1 server, and instead turning it into a rigged horse race. Who can form alliances with what servers.

Do you really want to set the precedence going forward to always 2v1 the top server to the point where they cannot even own a tower? Because that is where this is headed. Why would anyone want to be the top server then? Should this season even be taken seriously any more since the matches will no longer be fair?

Why not just play the game as intended? You know, if it’s red it’s dead. Does that mean you shouldn’t focus the stronger server? No, if you’re TC and you see JQ and BG fighting then you should probably hit BG. I am not arguing against that. That’s fair game.

Because this is a tournament, and that guides actions. Your logic would all be true over the course of a 1 week battle. In this case, it makes much more sense for TC and JQ t o team up. If BG were to win week 3, they would have a very large lead in the league.

Don’t take it personally. Any server that had won the first 2 weeks would be a target.

in WvW

Chunky Milk.2130

“This organized 2v1 is doing nothing but ruining the season. You are taking a tournament that is suppose to be about who is the number 1 server, and instead turning it into a rigged horse race. Who can form alliances with what servers.
Do you really want to set the precedence going forward to always 2v1 the top server to the point where they cannot even own a tower? Because that is where this is headed. Why would anyone want to be the top server then? Should this season even be taken seriously any more since the matches will no longer be fair?”

This entire portion of your post can be summarized as “Wah wah, I can’t win so you are ruining the season for me. Wah wah. Wah.”

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

Because this is a tournament, and that guides actions. Your logic would all be true over the course of a 1 week battle. In this case, it makes much more sense for TC and JQ t o team up. If BG were to win week 3, they would have a very large lead in the league.

Don’t take it personally. Any server that had won the first 2 weeks would be a target.

Again, who is to say JQ and TC don’t team up again? Who is to say this doesn’t happen to other servers? From what I am being told TC doesn’t care about winning 1st place. They are striving for 2nd. So there is literally no reason to not team up with JQ when fighting BG.

It really is destroying the thrill of the tournament. JQ is going to walk freely with no competition. TC will take 2nd because tier 2 can’t beat them, and they are already have their ties formed with JQ.

Server alliances should not happen. Guild alliances? Sure. However, if BG were to go to tier 2 then there is no reason why anyone wants to go to tier 1 to fight the JQ/TC alliance.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

For the love of God, shut down this thread.

(Although, I will admit, it’s fun to read)

It really is destroying the thrill of the tournament.

Thrill of the tournament for BG players, maybe. I guess winning every week in S1 wasn’t good enough. Now that there’s actually a chance that someone, anyone, other than BG may win… #BGTears

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Chunky Milk.2130

“JQ is going to walk freely with no competition. "

As opposed to BG doing the same thing?

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

cry me a river

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

LOL, OP must be a transfer from SBI. Didn’t the SBI tears in season 1 show you this could happen? It’s part of the game. The moment BG ceases to be the “target” I’m sure TC and JQ will go back to fighting each other.

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

If the match actually plays out, JQ has an equal chance of winning a legitimate match. Don’t act like JQ has silver league population. If you believe that, then they got you fooled.

Is it seriously asking too much to actually play the game with the spirit of the tournament in mind?

Blackgate

in WvW

Chunky Milk.2130

If the match actually plays out, JQ has an equal chance of winning a legitimate match. Don’t act like JQ has silver league population. If you believe that, then they got you fooled.

Is it seriously asking too much to actually play the game with the spirit of the tournament in mind?

Spirit of the tournament? Is stacking to the brim just to out blob any competition “spirit of the tournament”? I’m sorry, but everything you post just translates to “Let me win”

#BGTears

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

I think you missed my point:

• 2v1 of this situation is sanctioned and well within the parameters of what the devs intended for WvW. Why should two opposing servers allow one other one to walk away with another victory, after being the undefeated champions of last season?
  • BG players complaining about the situation (calling it “unfair” or “cheating”) need to realize that… it’s not, and that BG has participated in such things before… and that there are actual cheating situations that BG (and other servers, yes) players take part in that should be curbed a lot more than “2v1 is unfair! TC and JQ are in there!”
  • Additionally, BG WvWers should take this time to step up their game further, improve themselves while playing with an actual challenge in front of them. Rally together, learn together, etc…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

alliances are part of any war strategy.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Honestly, I wan’t fun fights. I could care less about server ranking. Thats inconsequential in the long run.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

- Stacked server? JQ has equal (even more in certain time zones) coverage as BG.

If you seriously believe that then I have a bunch of EU PPT guilds to sell you.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

WvW 2v1 is fun enough for you??? How about during the entire season were you’d be fighting against 2 conspired zergs from each alliances. Meanwhile Blackgate TS is going through ddos attack every so often. Well sure enough JQ and TC are completely enjoying this moment to take advantage of the situation and they are absolutely not subjected to penalty. I think ANet needs to change how WvW mechanics work as opposed to pve perspective. Unlike GW1 they have skills changed when you switch between pve/pvp maps. I think they should do exactly the same thing over here in GW2. Skills should not be limited to 5 (10 if includes friendly target) targets. This makes the challenges in WvW easy to be manipulated against the favor of fair games.

Blackgate Power

I see your problem and a solution presents itself!

Solution: Transfer to either TC or JQ where EVERYONE is having fun, bar none. You can have fun bagging BG, and drinking tears too!

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Again, who is to say JQ and TC don’t team up again? Who is to say this doesn’t happen to other servers? From what I am being told TC doesn’t care about winning 1st place. They are striving for 2nd. So there is literally no reason to not team up with JQ when fighting BG.

It really is destroying the thrill of the tournament. JQ is going to walk freely with no competition. TC will take 2nd because tier 2 can’t beat them, and they are already have their ties formed with JQ.

Server alliances should not happen. Guild alliances? Sure. However, if BG were to go to tier 2 then there is no reason why anyone wants to go to tier 1 to fight the JQ/TC alliance.

I hear TW is coming out of retirement next week just to drink your tears. You’re already drowning us in rivers because of a 2 server alliance, what you going to do when its 3 servers? JQ and SoS going to double you all of next week too.

in WvW

Posted by: Impact Blue.5864

Impact Blue.5864

grabs more pop-corn

Impaçt Blûe [RI]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Seemore Bunz.7345

Seemore Bunz.7345

This has to be freakin hilarious to every server not named blackgate! Why don’t yall just send JQ/TC a LOT of gold so they attack each other? lol was worth a shot

Bilbo the Great
Guild Leader of the EU guild [PAIN]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I hear TW is coming out of retirement next week

THAT would be epic!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Eremes Guile.1480

Eremes Guile.1480

My Season 2 so far…

Thanks [ONS] for the everlasting blerb fights! especialy 3 hours ago we kept on getting constant encounters with JQ force! thanks [SG] for keep on coming!

And about 18 hours ago, i was joining the battle at our home keep in Eternal Battlegrounds, i joined the commanders squad, [KNT], we managed to hold the keep for more than an hour, with TC’s force and JQ’s force comming to our keep waves by waves! thanks for the awesome fight Kim! keep it up oppa~

And to the blackgate who is having a heartburn over this matter, hope you guys could move on and join our main force everytime you’re on any wvw map, seriously you’re missing the fun, its worth the heart rush especialy when your force manage to wipe the opposing realm/world, and that such a feeling i cant explain, but in all truth, this feeling of getting your opposing servers loot bags, wave after wave, really makes everything up for the 2veee1 thing, and i was like “hey this isnt so bad, we’re actualy a pretty strong server” as we can hold a camp (like 2 hours ago in BGBL with [ONS] against the constantly comming waves of [SG] JQ) for almost 30 mins! So come on guys, we’re waiting for you, join the force

And as for the ones who been hating on Blackgate server, or the BG players who qq’ed, i think its only natural that some players might react accordingly, and if it were to happen to anyone of you or your server, im pretty sure there will also be rants from your side. I have some m8’s from crystal desert, some of them were so angry at Henge of Denravi when the season starts, so i guess this kind of reaction is normal in every ways. So keep on hating Blackgate cause if that’s the source of your joy, then im happy for you haters too ja~ enjoy the rest of the seasons everyone!

p/s sorry for my poor english <3

Hottest Thief [Ever]

(edited by Eremes Guile.1480)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Why do people care so much? lol

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Apparently no one watches this ??

Attachments:

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: SolerDog.8190

SolerDog.8190

/inventory_shuffle

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

have seen this kind of situations in other games too..got only 1 reply from other.
DEAL WITH IT!
i almost forgot this #BGTears

yeah it is a heavy 2 v 1 and coordinated, reminds me of SOR and JQ days, but its all good we love their bags they just seem to keep on giving it to us, we no longer look for fights, now they come right at our doorstep, anyways just shows that it needs 2 server to beat 1, and besides it is still early in the week, we never know what happens.

so far this is the best week.

to all BG, please grab your balls get back in WVW.

to JQ and TC – keep’em comming.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

3. don’t tell us how good your blob is. it’s a joke! i have not seen one BG guild or mini blob this season fight us when we have equal numbers. (look at your own posted video’s.)

You’re right, we had less numbers

http://youtu.be/HwuVxiEhk24

Have you ever thought about upgrading your pc? The graphics looks bizarre.

Ever considered that it’s the compression of the video that does that? Thanks for watching though

Yea if you record a video on high settings it shows on low after. I did watched it, for 10sec.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Posturing, QQing, trash talking is all part of the “game”. On every server.

Looking forward to continuing the only fun that GW2 provides (while I’m beta testing other games).

Anything can happen in the next 6 weeks. Be fun to compare end results to the thread full of predictions.

Will heartily congratulate whichever server wins Tournament. And wish them well dealing with the fallout that comes with it.

In the meantime… back to the fray….

the one in-game, (yanno, the one that matters).

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Gez so many words to describe only one: tears.

in WvW

Posted by: Valneer.3854

Valneer.3854

Please do not let this vocal minority QQ speak for the entire BG server, some of us are not so easily dissuaded by a 2v1.

BG
“I’m here to bearbow and chew bubblegum..and I’m all out of bearbow.”

(edited by Valneer.3854)

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

I hear TW is coming out of retirement next week just to drink your tears. You’re already drowning us in rivers because of a 2 server alliance, what you going to do when its 3 servers? JQ and SoS going to double you all of next week too.

TW? really? during season 1 many times i saw TW havoc group of 5s and sometimes more getting owned by random roaming groups. so if your trying to hype their return i think you are doing a terrible job.

Blackgate

in WvW

Chunky Milk.2130

Please do not let this vocal minority QQ speak for the entire BG server, some of us are not so dissuaded by a 2v1.

That’s the biggest problem with a vocal minority, they are the most vocal.

I’m sure a lot of people on TC and JQ understand a lot of the hardcore BG’ers are enjoying this matchup no matter the outcome, but making the chest thumpers cry is just so kitten amusing.

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

Please do not let this vocal minority QQ speak for the entire BG server, some of us are not so dissuaded by a 2v1.

I’m sure a lot of people on TC and JQ understand a lot of the hardcore BG’ers are enjoying this matchup no matter the outcome, but making the chest thumpers cry is just so kitten amusing.

lol, don’t gank the lowbies, they aren’t worth that many points.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

yeah and weekends that is usually the weakest time of BG due to the spike of lowbies and pvers doing their achievement, i am looking forward to more fights JQ and TC.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Matipzieu KyA.9613

Matipzieu KyA.9613

Personally, some of us out on Blackgate (who have, for example, been steadfast members of the Blackgate community long before release to say nothing of our rise during S1) are enjoying the added challenge and pressure.

I categorically refute any suggestion, as a WvW-active Blackgate PvX guild master, that 2v1 is any form of exploit or any kind of situation that requires any sort of developer intervention. Categorically incorrect.

The entire premise behind the 3-way WvW design, based off DAoC’s RvR mechanics, is that when you get into a situation where a major power (i.e. Blackgate) starts completely dominating, the other two forces are SUPPOSED to band together to punish them in a way that is EXTREMELY difficult to counteract. This is the whole point of the system! That’s how you maintain equilibrium and prevent the entire system from simply breaking down when one side gets too powerful.

In other words, this is what’s supposed to happen when a server like Blackgate is dominating! I’m just surprised it took this long. I had us pegged for “dead meat” as soon as the first week of S2 started.

(See also, for the more academically minded: basic game theory, basic strategy, any cursory examination of a history of international relations viewed from a power context.)

On behalf of those of us Blackgate players who both (1) understand the system and (2) appreciate the added challenge, we apologize for the tears. From what I’ve seen in chat and out among the Blackgate WvW community (at least during the weird hours my guild plays) it is categorically not reflective of the majority of BG players.

Cheerfully,

Matixvieu (et al) | Blackgate – WvW, PvE
GM of [KyA] Established 2002

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

yeah and weekends that is usually the weakest time of BG due to the spike of lowbies and pvers doing their achievement, i am looking forward to more fights JQ and TC.

I meant the lowbies on the forums.

And yes, we normally do better as a whole during the week than on weekends. It’s always been that way.

The fights have been frustrating and exhilarating at the same time. Good stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So you whinge about JQ becoming the dominant server, now that thats been proved false you move on to whinge about perfectly legitimate tactics being used against the server that did overstack yet again. Whats next?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Personally, some of us out on Blackgate (who have, for example, been steadfast members of the Blackgate community long before release to say nothing of our rise during S1) are enjoying the added challenge and pressure.

I categorically refute any suggestion, as a WvW-active Blackgate PvX guild master, that 2v1 is any form of exploit or any kind of situation that requires any sort of developer intervention. Categorically incorrect.

The entire premise behind the 3-way WvW design, based off DAoC’s RvR mechanics, is that when you get into a situation where a major power (i.e. Blackgate) starts completely dominating, the other two forces are SUPPOSED to band together to punish them in a way that is EXTREMELY difficult to counteract. This is the whole point of the system! That’s how you maintain equilibrium and prevent the entire system from simply breaking down when one side gets too powerful.

In other words, this is what’s supposed to happen when a server like Blackgate is dominating! I’m just surprised it took this long. I had us pegged for “dead meat” as soon as the first week of S2 started.

(See also, for the more academically minded: basic game theory, basic strategy, any cursory examination of a history of international relations viewed from a power context.)

On behalf of those of us Blackgate players who both (1) understand the system and (2) appreciate the added challenge, we apologize for the tears. From what I’ve seen in chat and out among the Blackgate WvW community (at least during the weird hours my guild plays) it is categorically not reflective of the majority of BG players.

Cheerfully,

This guy gets it. People should listen to him. They probably won’t, but… well, they should. There’a reason the TC/BG/KN 3 week lovefest happened, and guys like this were a big part of the overabundance of mutual respect. While the people complaining are a big part of why this current 2v1 is so entertaining. Sure it’s just a very vocal minority, but it’s certainly an amusing minority.