WvWvW Quick Wins

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: UrbanMonarch.1028

UrbanMonarch.1028

Here is a few suggested quick wins the dev’s could consider to help WvWvW. This is from my perspective in a lower tier server.

1. The new buff, change it to be WXP, M find, XP, karma and give the stats to guards and camps only. Also keep the finish point bonus.
  2. Rating. I don’t want to go up in rating when I lose. Call me crazy but when I win I want to gain rating and when I lose I want to lose rating.
  3. Fix WvW Keep Castle farming. As a low population server we get rolled, they let us retake everything without any resistance what so ever and then we get rolled again. This all happens in an hour time span. Maybe consider punishing servers for losing Keeps. As in lose a small amount of rating losing a keep in another BL?
  4. Improve the Tower and Keep drops.
  5. Give a reward for winning in WvWvW. Like first place gets 5 token, second 3 token and last 1 token. Then have a merchant that gives out skins or something for those tokens.
  6. Fix WvWvW population. From what I heard the top tier server’s actually have a higher cap in WvWvW then lower tier servers and the cost of transfers are based on server population(I could be wrong). The higher cap I’m sure contributes to lag. Why not give some incentive to spreading the WvWvW population out.
    Instead of the transfers costing more based on population why not do it based on WvWvW rating. Then people can leave the larger WvW servers with little cost and help the other servers.

Probably would need to implement most of this as a lot of it works together.

That guy in [RH] on GOM

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

mm point 1 & 4 OK. Caps are the same. You’re telling me if my server ranked 9 spots behind the server were facing competes and actually makes the matchup respectable should lose rating and reward the high ranked server token for “winning”… No thanks but don’t worry leagues are starting so they will. You can’t force people to move there will always be population imbalance.

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

mm point 1 & 4 OK. Caps are the same. You’re telling me if my server ranked 9 spots behind the server were facing competes and actually makes the matchup respectable should lose rating and reward the high ranked server token for “winning”… No thanks but don’t worry leagues are starting so they will. You can’t force people to move there will always be population imbalance.

I think what he is saying is that it shouldn’t match servers 9 spots apart:P

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Improve capture drops so people will start defending even less? Isn’t WvW already enough trading keeps/towers as it is?

One – Piken Square

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

They should limit total server population, well, they SHOULD have. Probably a bit too late for that now. By this time, after a year of play, the servers that are primarily WvW would have all balanced themselves out in the ratings and the primarily PVE servers would accumulate near the bottom, since they don’t really care about PPT or WvW in general. You’d have fairly even numbers in WvW and no real advantage from one server to the next other than skill, tactics and organization. Now before you start saying “you can’t limit server population or you can’t control it”, let me tell you that they CAN. It’s been done for 10+ years at least, probably much more, in many games. This predates even the original GW1 and has been a great way to control population and establish fairly equal numbers between servers. Anet “screwed the pooch” on this one long ago when they had the chance to fix it. What they’re doing now is pretty much absolute proof they are clueless.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Quick win: separate WvW and PvE servers, set a population cap on the WvW servers, and consolidate the WvW servers with low populations.

Result: WvW servers have much more balanced populations and match-ups become far more competitive.

WvWvW Quick Wins

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Quick win: separate WvW and PvE servers, set a population cap on the WvW servers, and consolidate the WvW servers with low populations.

Result: WvW servers have much more balanced populations and match-ups become far more competitive.

Yeah, this would work too. Also, when you have a balanced and competitive matchup, the Orb (bloodlust) issue, well, it becomes less of an issue, even though it really has no place being in WvW.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1