Zerg fix and PPT fairness by math

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Simply put scale the amount that captured points can give in PPT by the populations of each server in wvw. There you have it. Still not ideal but the large servers with huge populations won’t win because of it.

So it works this way…using simple numbers…

say the three servers have populations of 150, 100 and 50.

So 150+100+50 = 300 / sides = 300/3 = 100 …our numerator

So ratios are:

100/150 =10/15 = 2/3 = 0.666
100/100 = 1
100/50 = 2

The ration is bounded to a range from lowest to highest ration to avoid manipulation.

This does 2 things.
1.) It forces population to hold the same ratio of possessions per player to score the same.
2.) It makes large zerg servers have to break the zerg ball and defend because camps taken by small pop servers are suddenly as much worth as their keeps.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Define population.

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I like the overall approach to changing how the PPT works based on coverage, as well as weighing based on population. It might even make things more interesting for lower tiered servers.

Not sure this is the solution, but I agree the PPT system needs to be altered in some way to make things more fair.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Define population.

Easiest way to do this is have it work dynamically.. aka 100 vs 50 vs 25.. Those who have 25 on that map tick higher and gain more war score than the 50 or 100.

The system isn’t really “abusable” as its pointless to leave WvW just to give a team a better ratio, while people sit out.

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Define population.

Easiest way to do this is have it work dynamically.. aka 100 vs 50 vs 25.. Those who have 25 on that map tick higher and gain more war score than the 50 or 100.

The system isn’t really “abusable” as its pointless to leave WvW just to give a team a better ratio, while people sit out.

It is very abusable. I remember the times in Warhammer when they introduced kind of “Outnumbered” buff. It worked not like in GW2 meaningless buff but actually gave quite a lot of extra damage and HP to the outnumbered side. People were leaving the warzone so the organised guild groups could insta take keeps or wipe big zergs with ease. Fact is that it was much easier to leave the warzone and come back.

We must remember that if there is something to abuse people will do it. Such changes cannot be made without much testing.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Brilliant. Punish the enemy through a flawed mechanic simply because they have more players on then you do at a specific time. This is a horrible idea.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Define population.

It is very abusable. I remember the times in Warhammer when they introduced kind of “Outnumbered” buff. It worked not like in GW2 meaningless buff but actually gave quite a lot of extra damage and HP to the outnumbered side. People were leaving the warzone so the organised guild groups could insta take keeps or wipe big zergs with ease. Fact is that it was much easier to leave the warzone and come back.

We must remember that if there is something to abuse people will do it. Such changes cannot be made without much testing.

Your basing it on the premise that there is some sort of ultimate reward in the distance for people to voluntarily leave the map. Winning in WvW offers nothing so there is absolutely no point in voluntarily leaving a map then coming back, especially risking your spot if suddenly there is an influx of others who join.

If WvW offered some meaningful reward at the end of the week (or even some hourly reward based on what you held), then I can maybe seeing people making it worthwhile to abuse it. In WvW’s current state, I cant see why anyone would leave a map just so another group had a better PPT ratio.

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

In WvW’s current state, I cant see why anyone would leave a map just so another group had a better PPT ratio.

This.