condition meta needs to be fixed

in WvW

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

I’m a pretty dedicated WvW player, and recently I’ve been seeing a massive surge of condition based characters running around. It’s namely necro/engie and they’re near impossible to kill 1v1, or even Xv1 in some cases. This is just like the broken warrior stun chain nonsense; it can be “countered”, but realistically nobody can counter as much as the spam can be inflicted.

The way that condition classes can inflict massive amounts of conditions that put out ridiculously high damage and still be relatively tanky due to their gear and build (carrion/rabid) is flat out overpowered; i can see how anet intended it to work but at this point the mechanic is broken. You can read up on the various other issues this current meta is causing on the PvP subforums to get a good idea from people who know what they’re talking about.

This isn’t a matter of “l2p” (the classic sign of someone defending something that’s broken and they play it) because there’s nothing that counters this at all. Lemongrass? Expensive and countered by Pizza. Lyssa/Melandru Runes? Pigeonhole you into being too specifically anti-condition while not being powerful enough to be worth it. Cleansing? Hardly anything can cleanse as fast as the conditions are re-inflicted.

The fact that your character needs to be defined specifically to one role be even slightly effective against the condition meta is enough to know this needs to be altered.

Necro/engie/ranger meta builds need some serious looking at and conditions need to be fixed (necro ESPECIALLY). Simple as that.

And to boot my character isn’t even a glass cannon. 18k hp, decent toughness, full exotics etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Just because you have great gear doesnt mean you will do well. However. Currently there is no counter to raw condition damage, there is no – Condition damage even though I believe there should. Conditions are very hard to counter as it is very set up and I have had to buy Holebrak runes and Melandru runes just to play a Power build which is not even on par with condition builds. Conditions need to be looked at, if it is mitigation of damage through toughness (to a certain percent cap) or changing how they are applied or granting immunity to certain conditions after they have been clensed for a short time. Something has to happen because nearly ever player I have encountered is running a condition face roll build. It is getting a bit stale.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Sinjet don’t forget D/P Thieves, very overpowered spec in WvW if played properly.

Same with S/D

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

sinject.4607

Just because you have great gear doesnt mean you will do well. However. Currently there is no counter to raw condition damage, there is no – Condition damage even though I believe there should. Conditions are very hard to counter as it is very set up and I have had to buy Holebrak runes and Melandru runes just to play a Power build which is not even on par with condition builds. Conditions need to be looked at, if it is mitigation of damage through toughness (to a certain percent cap) or changing how they are applied or granting immunity to certain conditions after they have been clensed for a short time. Something has to happen because nearly ever player I have encountered is running a condition face roll build. It is getting a bit stale.

I’m fully aware that the gear is only as good as the player wearing it; but i mentioned it because i know some idiot would mention something about glass builds and whatnot. But yeah i agree with everything else.

Sinjet don’t forget D/P Thieves, very overpowered spec in WvW if played properly.

Same with S/D

d/p and s/d are not overpowered at all. Thief is generally only overpowered to players who legitimately cannot counter them through skill; other than that thief is decently balanced and excels in what it is designed to do.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Currently there is no counter to raw condition damage

I would consider regen to be the counter to condition damage.

I don’t really see where OP is coming from though, outside of when confusion was overly strong, condition-based builds have always been much weaker than power based ones.

what new change has reversed this?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Bacon Please.8407

Currently there is no counter to raw condition damage

I would consider regen to be the counter to condition damage.

I don’t really see where OP is coming from though, outside of when confusion was overly strong, condition-based builds have always been much weaker than power based ones.

what new change has reversed this?

and regen is countered by poison. Condition based builds are currently much stronger then any power build.

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The counter to the stun spam is stability. You can also block/evade/blind/kite your opponent (against mele stuns). Invuln and stunbreaks will also work.

There is a str8 -condition duration stat. This is stronger than a – condition damage stat due to the way that condition damage is applied. If you lower the condition duration down from say 6s to 3.8s it may as well have been down to 3s because it deals damage again at the 4s mark.

It also applies to things like chill, immobilize etc. to reduce the time on those (but those will still do their effects for the exact duration).

If you’re having issues with conditions I would suggest getting some of this

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Soup
…or if you’re on a budget…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Poultry_and_Leek_Soup

You could also consider getting -condition duration runes as well.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Melandru <- also lowers stun time

They will cut down on the damage you’re taking considerably and help you in other ways as well…

Your class also has utilities/traits to remove conditions.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Condition based builds are currently much stronger then any power build.

can you actually demonstrate that though?

because it doesn’t match my personal experience, nor does it align with the content of these forums for the last few months

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Condition necros usually have very long utility skills, however if they pop plague form, you probably won’t be able to get away unless you root them somehow (I believe immobilize still works on plague necros).

Use that stuff to your advantage. It’ll be a long fight since their HP pool is absolutely massive.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I’m fully aware that the gear is only as good as the player wearing it; but i mentioned it because i know some idiot would mention something about glass builds and whatnot. But yeah i agree with everything else.

Same with S/D

d/p and s/d are not overpowered at all. Thief is generally only overpowered to players who legitimately cannot counter them through skill; other than that thief is decently balanced and excels in what it is designed to do.

lol do you play a thief? p/d thieves are so op right now. stacking torment, and confusion… plus perma stealth.. .It’s very tough to counter…. it’s become the meta for thieves right now. It’s not an issue with skill when you get two stacks of torment ticking away 5k+ of hp, and if you want to halve that dmg you gotta stand still… imagine that – standing still while fighting a thief. lol it’s completely imbalanced unless you run a condition clearing class.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I was waiting to see this thread. Conditions are a bit out of control at the moment. At a point where my necro was too low to even have an elite skill, I was taking actual level 80s down to almost dying before I’d get CC’d and bursted to bits because my utilities were on cd lol. I know it wasn’t going to win but I was just surprised it got that far being 20 something and wearing greens(she’s now lvl 45).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I think there is a bit of a l2p issue here from my pointh of view atleast, I main an engineer and can tell you that we arnt as op with conditions as you may think, our 2 hardest condition weapon sets are bombs and nades now bombs are easy to counter just stay away from us, we will make it a living hell for you if you try to do that, but it’s very possible, nades may have the range but can be easily dodged at range, lots engineers will actually use them like bombs to ensue they actually hit, so when I say l2p what I mean is take some time to learn what another class will do and what they have at there disposal and you’ll start having a much easier time, I can’t speak for the other classes but as of right now engineers really do have to work for what they aaccomplish with conditions

On that note I do agree that the ccurrent meta could take some looking at but all In due time aye

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Same with S/D

The classes players roll are never overpowered, other people just need to learn to play.

in WvW

Bacon Please.8407

I think there is a bit of a l2p issue here from my pointh of view atleast, I main an engineer and can tell you that we arnt as op with conditions as you may think, our 2 hardest condition weapon sets are bombs and nades now bombs are easy to counter just stay away from us, we will make it a living hell for you if you try to do that, but it’s very possible, nades may have the range but can be easily dodged at range, lots engineers will actually use them like bombs to ensue they actually hit, so when I say l2p what I mean is take some time to learn what another class will do and what they have at there disposal and you’ll start having a much easier time, I can’t speak for the other classes but as of right now engineers really do have to work for what they aaccomplish with conditions

On that note I do agree that the ccurrent meta could take some looking at but all In due time aye

Thats like saying " I work on a pork farm, and despite what the surgeon general may tell you, bacon is good for you."

p.s

I’m not good for you

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Pistol Pistol is great cond dmg for eng as well. You’re also correct that you can just avoid the conds altogether with evasion.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Same with S/D

The classes players roll are never overpowered, other people just need to learn to play.

Hence why I posted the post in the first place, I looked through his post history and saw he was a Thief….

Thought it was be a pretty good laugh watching him post… and sure enough it was.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I think it is only a matter of time, until players will go less for condition. It will be the point in time, where others learned to counter it. I played a condi necro before the big balance patch. And I roflestomped almost everybody in WvW back then. Then the big balance update came and torment + Dhuumfire made condition builds on necro over the top powerfull.

Still, that all can be coutnered. Ppl didn’t know back then how to do it, and they still don’t know. Runse and food is one part of it. The build is another and how you play is propably the best way to counter. You have to adapt to the meta. And that’s what I have done since release of GW2 (and my mesmer still uses the same gear, except for making it ascended).

There are trait lines for each profesion, that allow better condition remove. I adepted my Mesmer (what is my main) to those and saw no issue with condition builds any more, even against the “OP” necro. My thief has no issues as well (due to condi remove in stealth every 3 seconds, way overpowered imho+condi remove on heal and condi remove via teleport) and my necromancer has no issues either (but that is no suprice). The only one troubled by that is my ranger, where you have to spec 30 trait points to get a half decent condition remove, if ur pet is allive.

Maybe we should look at the defense against conditons. There are professions, that have insane condition remove and others, who have almost none. But partly it is indeed a L2P issue. And that comes from a guy, who atm playes mostly ranger, with propably the worst condition remove mechanics in the game atm.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Conditions need to be looked at, if it is mitigation of damage through toughness

This is my thought on the matter as well.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Problem #1: Rune of Perplexity and Rune of Torment stack too much confusion/torment respectively.

Problem #2: Might stacking is too powerful, especially in regard to condition damage.

Problem #3: Zerg have too much condition removal which means condition damage is only an issue for roamers.

Problem #4: Non-bunker builds that are used to high survivability are now finding they can be countered by strong condition builds. (Stealth used to mean end of damage provided you avoided AoE. Now conditions can keep eating your HPs.)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I still feel the issue is that condition has a single primary stat feeding it where other attacks have 3. While this may be intended because conditions take longer to work and so these classes would need the extra survivability toughness, vitality, and healing power provide, the scale really isn’t balanced because ANet already gave these other classes other mechanics to help offset the fact they were so reliant on condition damage.

Take Necromancers for example… their ability to stack defensive stats higher than other classes would be fine because they need to use conditions. However, they were given death shroud to help offset the fact that they need to live longer so their conditions work. They were given warrior level health for the same reason.

Short of cutting condition damage by XX% and allowing them to crit, I think the best alternative is to simply allow things like protection and toughness to reduce their damage. Alternatively they could simply increase the power of condition removers (remove 2 conditions instead of 1) but also make them remove boons to help compensate it slightly (this is similar to how Shadowbane kept DOTs in check).

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Ow please if anyone cared about 1v1 being balanced in WvW Thieves wouldve gotten the nerfhammer months ago. And still should.

In zergs conditions are much worst then DD, so much condition removal being spammed. Speaking of condition removal, there is your direct counter to condition damage. Simply, remove it.

You can dodge the attack the applies conditions, you can block (most) of the attacks that apply conditions, you can immune the attacks that apply conditions. So far the same mitigations as DD.
But condition damage can also be removed if it actually landed, unlike DD. Most condition damage stacks in duration, not intensity, unlike DD (no point stacking a 30sec Burn, the dps isnt any higher). You can rune and get foodbuff to reduce condition duration by 60%, cant do that with DD.

And by the looks of it, most complains revolve around Necro’s. And honestly, plagueform is an issue? That has got to be a joke. Cripply, Chill, Immobilize and kite. Easy mode. Stability? That can be removed.
Cannot remember when Plagueform has ever been a problem in a 1v1 with a Necro, infact i’ve won fights i was losing simply because they want into plagueform.

There are worst 1v1 builds that rely on mechanics that have no counter, and you want to complain about condition damage which (especially in wvw) has a ton of very effective counter.
But since everyone probably went full Toughness/low vitality because of instagibbing Thieves their low vitality is now proving an issue in short condition heavy fights. And since everyone that roams and fights 1v1’s has decked out to deal with Thieves they are now finding that something else requires a different counter.

Especially Engineers? The condition engineer build has been like this since launch. Its even bven been nerfed and made weaker then it was at launch, and for almost a year it was never a problem and now magically it is? Meta’s change, try and keep up.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

This is pretty much why we are switching our small man to all tanks. Mesmers, eles, necros …. yeah they are ok but good luck reliably removing conditions against larger numbers, but why run them when u can run 3 earthshaker/Greatsword(insane mobility) warriors with melandru/lemongrass/DM and 2 Guardians with stuff like Pure of Voice, soldiers runes, purity, Absolute Resolution and SY.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

No, it’s good the way it is, i’m using my warrior for condition and it’s working very nice, don’t change. It’s so fun to see people running from me when they see that i’m not dying because of my high armor and i’m inflicting tons of condition on them.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Same with S/D

Sounds like someone plays a d/p or s/d thief main that thinks his condition spam spec takes skill while the others don’t. I would argue that thief condition specs are the easiest and most OP to play out of all of them. Thieves get a ton of condition removal and the ability to stealth for absurd amounts of time while there conditions tick away on their target.

I think when most thieves realize power/burst specs are weaker now and start respecing to condition builds the real crying will begin.

Nah, ranger is much easier. Thief condition is also well below what Rangers, Necros, Engis, and Warriors are capable of as well. It’s still very strong, don’t get me wrong. It’s just no as effective.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Bunker condition builds will always beat a DPS build and this applies to every class in the game.

WvW has turned into everyone just running bunker condition builds and it’s sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I really dont know what game some people play sometimes.

Conditions are fine, use cleanses, learn to play, seriously. Quit trying to dumb down the game because you can’t adapt or because something counters your build.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I find the opposite to the OP, in that the meta is now all melee trains, water fields, hammers, fields and hugs boon stacks, and there is no way you can even make a dent in the melee train with conditions as they are off as soon as you apply them, and even if they stack up on the melee train all the healing more than covers the conditions.

1v1 I’m not interested in, if you are then go play spvp or something, but most of my builds are OK 1v1 and if you think you are going to down a condition heavy tanky build with some low HP toon that relies on spike damage then you need to adjust your game.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

and if you think you are going to down a condition heavy tanky build with some low HP toon that relies on spike damage then you need to adjust your game.

Exactly. Condition bunker builds are always stronger than DPS builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

sPvP players come troll in www forum and try to get con dmg nerfed. Time to l2p. It’s not beta weekend anymore.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Zerker Lich form says ….lol……..no

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Bacon Please.8407

sPvP players come troll in www forum and try to get con dmg nerfed. Time to l2p. It’s not beta weekend anymore.

I am only a wvw player. It is something that needs to be looked at because condition spamming is not balanced. It is almost 100% face rolling

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The closest thing WvW ever had to a condition meta was with glamour mesmers confusion bombing. The current meta:

Stack up as many players into a zergball as possible,
guardians spam staff1 and shouts
staff eles and hammer warriors cast their aoe stun
necros spam wells and marks

Thats the meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I do not see the need to have this changed. My regen ranger can take down necros and engineers with out much issue at all. My guardian is great at cleansing my friend I WvW . And if you want to deal with conditions then use the proper runes and foods, done right conditions are not much of a problem other than anets shody programing and the combat log not recoding it.

in WvW

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

I started playing my Mesmer using Rabid armor with a more toughness/condition oriented build quite a long time ago as a means to avoid dying quite so quickly. xD I can play a typical glassy shatter build but it doesn’t really appeal to me so much anymore. This was mainly because as others said, it is useful against zerker major burst damage types of builds or classes, such as thief.

But I must admit I came back to the game recently and the torment condition is really quite new to me. it sucks! I don’t normally run with a cleansing kind of spell, but I’ve started to because necros especially seem to hurt a lot more than they used to.

It would be nice to have more ways to counter conditions other than specing specifically for it or using runes you wouldn’t otherwise use (or food for that matter). That seems a bit off to me. But hey, I hate having to change my spec every time I want to do something specific (like rolling in a zerg) just so I can deal enough damage to get any credit that’s worth a kitten … so I guess this isn’t any different.

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Dear holy kitten… must every single thread contain thief QQ?

They aren’t the best 1v1 or small group or large group class or anything… unless you consider failing to kill some one and then running away “winning”

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

sinject.4607

snip

good job ignoring my post completely. the issue isn’t that there’s no counters.
stability isn’t exactly the most accessible boon to get, and still even then it lasts seconds and by the time it’s over in come the stuns immediately. the same is also true for conditions and cleanses. we should NOT be looking to solve broken mechanics with broken mechanics.

@alchemist

you’re right about p/d being messed up (conditions builds across the board are), but it doesn’t have permastealth… that’s d/p and d/p doesn’t focus on cond dmg at all.
it (p/d) is still nowhere near as messed up as necro right now, or engie for that matter.

@gotem

wow just how many people are this ill-informed about thief? d/p and s/d do not work on conditions at all, they’re both direct damage. I mean wow; this is next level ignorance lmao.

also to anyone who wants to argue that food, runes, having to fight in large numbers, etc are fair and viable; read the op.

Food can be countered via other food, runes are far too limiting in terms of only providing use against a certain type of playstyle and therefore weaker against all others.

this isn’t a thread to come in and try to shift blame on anything else other than the topic at hand. get educated and you’ll get taken seriously, otherwise stop posting.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

The closest thing WvW ever had to a condition meta was with glamour mesmers confusion bombing. The current meta:

Stack up as many players into a zergball as possible,
guardians spam staff1 and shouts
staff eles and hammer warriors cast their aoe stun
necros spam wells and marks

Thats the meta.

The meta re: Guardians may be very much in response to the increase in conditions, due to them running the Pure of Voice/Soldiers Runes combo which both rely on shouts. This combo removes 2 conditions per shout and converts one of those conditions to a boon to up to 5 players in an AoE radius. Aforementioned build is particularly useful/survivable in the current environment, which has more conditions and CC’s than I’ve ever seen.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

It’s namely necro/engie and they’re near impossible to kill 1v1, or even Xv1 in some cases.

Your problem is aoe and turrets/grenades, but mostly is just being bad for not avoiding it. Typical case of l2p. Please, cry more.

in WvW

sinject.4607

It’s namely necro/engie and they’re near impossible to kill 1v1, or even Xv1 in some cases.

Your problem is aoe and turrets/grenades, but mostly is just being bad for not avoiding it. Typical case of l2p. Please, cry more.

makes me laugh seeing this being defended at all. honestly you’re cute for trying but it’s kind of embarrassing.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

It’s ok to be bad, I was bad too, and still bad when it comes to things I don’t understand.
Just acknowledge that and try to adapt, learn your class, or play the class you have most of the problems with. There’s no “meta” you’re talking about, just builds and skills. Asking to “fix” it is just like asking to take GS from warriors – not going to happen. So, instead of crying and being aggressive, try to change something about your gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The real problem with thieves is that they are no fun to play against. If you’re winning, they permastealth and escape every time (good ones, of course). They then get to re-engage at their will to try again; rinse and repeat until you make a mistake and are killed.

(Actually with the insane recharge rate of initiative, they will almost surely win this way because they will have full access to their skills before you do, so each attempt to gank you gets easier and easier for them.)

Anet will never do anything about this though.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

snip

good job ignoring my post completely. the issue isn’t that there’s no counters.
stability isn’t exactly the most accessible boon to get, and still even then it lasts seconds and by the time it’s over in come the stuns immediately. the same is also true for conditions and cleanses. we should NOT be looking to solve broken mechanics with broken mechanics.

The counter to the stun spam is stability. You can also block/evade/blind/kite your opponent (against mele stuns). Invuln and stunbreaks will also work.

There is a str8 -condition duration stat. This is stronger than a – condition damage stat due to the way that condition damage is applied. If you lower the condition duration down from say 6s to 3.8s it may as well have been down to 3s because it deals damage again at the 4s mark.

It also applies to things like chill, immobilize etc. to reduce the time on those (but those will still do their effects for the exact duration).

If you’re having issues with conditions I would suggest getting some of this

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Soup
…or if you’re on a budget…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Poultry_and_Leek_Soup

You could also consider getting -condition duration runes as well.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Melandru <- also lowers stun time

They will cut down on the damage you’re taking considerably and help you in other ways as well…

Your class also has utilities/traits to remove conditions.

You’re also correct that you can just avoid the conds altogether with evasion.

Yup I sure ignored the OP. I only talked about stability and cleanses. You sure got me good there with your wonderful interpretation of my posts. Since none of these options apparently work for you… I don’t know what to say… sounds like a l2p issue since there are SO many ways to avoid & mitigate stuns & conditions.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

You can’t beat everything.If you want to run a cookie cutter build don’t expect to kill any condi build,and vice versa.As simple as that.People want everything handed to them to easily.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Conditions are not messed up, the food buffes are. Somehow ppl are convinced they need to use food buffes. Thinking about that, maybe only ppl are messed up. Still I mostly use none and ripp many ppl appart. I should start using magic find food to more effectivly farm all those scrubs^^

Food still messes things up. +40% condi duration for instance makes everyone believe they need a -40% condi duration food. In fact, you do not need it. If you avoid getting the conditions on you in the first place and start and have at least one effective condition cleanse, than you are fine with the right playstyle.

Necormancer for instance have almost no way to run from ya and rarely a stun breaker. Just utilize that. Although they have strong condition cleanse and transfer even, they are in CD at one point. Only a good necro manages their condi cleanse effectivly and therefor may win not because of conditions, but because of a synsergy with build and playstyle. Meaning he may be just that good.

The game was new, ppl didn’t know how to avoid all the Zerkers. Now they do and all teh Zerkers start crying. I’m getting slightly annoyed by this. If you have issues against a certain professions with a certain playstyle, ask them, what you can do to counter them, with what they have issues, you might be supriced how easy it can be sometimes.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

It’s ok to be bad…

Lol! I think the OP should put up a video of him fighting the impossible to kill necro/engie so that we can all help him to get better! Then he will l2p.

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I also love the fact that he thinks carrion or rabid make condition builds tankier.
Never heard of pvt armor I suppose, must go zerkurrrrrrr

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

sinject.4607

looks like nobody here is capable of arguing anything other than “omggg l2p” in defense of a ridiculously overpowered meta.
so if any of you children want to contribute anything other than irrelevant offtopic complaining or laughably weak attempts to shift the blame on the players rather than the poor mechanics, feel free.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Sigil of Gengerosity is a very strong counter to condition dmg for most crit builds. One crit may give a full stack of bleed fire confusion etc..

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

looks like nobody here is capable of arguing anything other than “omggg l2p” in defense of a ridiculously overpowered meta.
so if any of you children want to contribute anything other than irrelevant offtopic complaining or laughably weak attempts to shift the blame on the players rather than the poor mechanics, feel free.

…and this post is supposed to be something solid that shows that conditions are too strong? Nothing in there other than it’s OP/it’s not the player’s fault without any reasoning. This gives nothing constructive what so ever.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Problem #1: Rune of Perplexity and Rune of Torment stack too much confusion/torment respectively.

Problem #2: Might stacking is too powerful, especially in regard to condition damage.

Problem #3: Zerg have too much condition removal which means condition damage is only an issue for roamers.

Problem #4: Non-bunker builds that are used to high survivability are now finding they can be countered by strong condition builds. (Stealth used to mean end of damage provided you avoided AoE. Now conditions can keep eating your HPs.)

That’s actually not true. The most common high damage, high surviability roamer build, d/p thief, is very difficult to defeat with conditions.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?