dragonite/empyreal star

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

For WvW I would really like to see them drop when getting credit for keep/tower/camp take vs damage to the champion. If players are in a real battle when taking garrison for example with a lot of defenders, players need to go up on ramps to take out AC’s fight the defenders in all areas of the keep etc. meanwhile some players need to take down the Lord. Unfortunately only the players hitting the lord get the ore and stars
Everyone is needed for the full keep take, everyone should get the reward. May be a technical reason tying the drops to the Lord, but would be nice if all got rewarded for the hard (potentially) work

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’d email you mine but they’re account bound. I’m going to just destroy all mine anyway. No use because I’ll never get Ascended.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Please no more fragments and dust!
We only need dragonite!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

For WvW I would really like to see them drop when getting credit for keep/tower/camp take vs damage to the champion. If players are in a real battle when taking garrison for example with a lot of defenders, players need to go up on ramps to take out AC’s fight the defenders in all areas of the keep etc. meanwhile some players need to take down the Lord. Unfortunately only the players hitting the lord get the ore and stars
Everyone is needed for the full keep take, everyone should get the reward. May be a technical reason tying the drops to the Lord, but would be nice if all got rewarded for the hard (potentially) work

100% agree.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

As do we. We will be testing this out in the new map to see how it works, but if that goes well, we will transition the current maps to this model.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

We need more things to use them on or to atleast be able to sell them. Myself and tons and tons of other people have gotten to the point we just destroy them. They take up inventory space.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We need more things to use them on or to atleast be able to sell them. Myself and tons and tons of other people have gotten to the point we just destroy them. They take up inventory space.

Without giving any specifics, I’d highly recommend you change that strategy. There are things coming soon that will give you lots to spend it on.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Without giving any specifics, I’d highly recommend you change that strategy. There are things coming soon that will give you lots to spend it on.

indeed, as you guys promised full ascended gear within 2013… which means that armor will be released sometime before new years eve. And considering the prices to make ONE weapon… well, you guys better fix the “grind fest” soon, or only a select few will ever get to craft ascended stuff

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I have only had dragonite drop from keep Lords, never from tower Lords. Currently in the bank I have amassed 3,000 Empyreal fragments and 1,620 Bloodstone Dust but have yet to collect enough dragonite for one Ascended weapon. Sad it is seeing as to how I have gained over 100 ranks in total between my toons since the season began and got the Season 1 key at the start of the second week. Must I go to PvE to get the dragonite I require?

Theftwind (HoD)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Theftwind, here’s what you do – because I had the same issue.

First, make sure you have at least 3 level 80s that you can permanently camp in Malchor’s Leap at the statue of Dwayna.

Once per day, go to this page:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drive_Malchor_to_the_Altar_of_Tempests and hit “fetch” to find what worlds this is active on – not preparing, actually in progress. Then guest to that server.

You can also check this page: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_possessed_statue_of_Dwayna – but Dwayna dies pretty fast sometimes, so I’d suggest going to the pre-quest so you don’t waste a guest.

Doing this, you can get 90 (30 per event, your home server + 2 guests) per day with only about 20 minutes time.

I’m not saying that I like this, but gaddangit, if I’m going to have to do a chore, (IE, PVE) I’m going to try to do it fast.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

deracs.1762

I have only had dragonite drop from keep Lords, never from tower Lords. Currently in the bank I have amassed 3,000 Empyreal fragments and 1,620 Bloodstone Dust but have yet to collect enough dragonite for one Ascended weapon. Sad it is seeing as to how I have gained over 100 ranks in total between my toons since the season began and got the Season 1 key at the start of the second week. Must I go to PvE to get the dragonite I require?

In WvW dragonite only drops from bay, hills, and garrison, and usually only3-5. You have to do some PvE unfortunately to get any reasonable amounts of dragonite

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Why do you nerf destroy item strategy?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

And that is the point I am trying to make. They introduce the Ascended weapons yet force you to play PvE to get the materials required. If it is that easy to get the dragonite in PvE then it should be just as easy to gain that material in WvW. They could add it to rank up chests instead of the normal blue and green pieces of junk that you pull from them.

You have to go to PvE to make any reasonable amounts of gold.
You have to go to PvE to gain any reasonable amount of dragonite.
You have to go to PvE if you want to gain any of the LS rewards.

Yet we are currently fighting for season rewards in WvW where it is all hands on deck if you want the chance to win the season. I spend up to 12/14 hours some days in WvW, (retired) yet I would dearly love to build my Ascended GS for my Guardian. All other parts are complete except for the dragonite but I do not have the time to PvE until after the season is over.

Something to me seems amiss but that it just me I suppose.

Edit: And the sad part is a PvE’r can go into WvW long enough to get the Achievement (easily possible in 2 weeks) and never enter it again for the next 5 and still get the full season reward.

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

^Well, I think we all hated the recent LS event in wvw… And several seemed to hate the Seasons achievements bringing in wvw newbies. So I don’t think we want LS in wvw.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

^Well, I think we all hated the recent LS event in wvw… And several seemed to hate the Seasons achievements bringing in wvw newbies. So I don’t think we want LS in wvw.

Lol definately not. Especially since the corrupted things insist on spawning right on the yak paths. Those are just annoyances as you cannot complete the LS by staying in WvW.

Theftwind (HoD)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Please don’t be saying that you are turning ascended mats into a new form of currency. We have too many of those as it is.

The whole dragonite issue could be solved by increasing the amount you get from keeps and SM to 50 or even 100 for Eternal Battleground Keeps cause they are harder to flip. The pathetic 3-5 that you get for all that work to successfully complete a keep raid is nothing more than a bad joke.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

In the meantime, where the hell are we meant to store it all? Mind passing a memo onto the loot/storage/currency guys?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Dragonite droprate is astronomically low if you only WvW. Pls buff.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

In the meantime, where the hell are we meant to store it all? Mind passing a memo onto the loot/storage/currency guys?

This ^^ I think everyone would be happy if these drops immediately went to our wallet.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Khaoz.2160

Khaoz.2160

A basic overview of what is coming on and how much we will need of Empyreal and Dust is very welcome, so we can have a better idea of how much we should save…

Khaoz
SBI

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

heh, at this point that scares me – another non pvp distraction. save your mats because you are going to have to grind like crazy to get armor if you want to wvw in unbalanced matches, and be ready to spend tons of gold you don’t have to level up your crafters. can we say no thank you, please keep it away ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

And don’t forget rewards for defense. A team fiercely defending a location time after time, outnumbered and constantly harassed by siege from all directions will get less rewards than a bunch of guys sneakily capturing easy sites.

The game is not just about capturing. It’s also about defending.

PvP glory vendors offer now limited stock items.

Why not having a vendor in captured locations that offers limited stocks of items you can get with karma coins, that restocks for that location as you complete its events?

Oh, wait… the event itself will probably give the items, instead having them in the champion. I guess they’ll do that instead.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Will you guys be doing the same with essences of luck? Otherwise once you’re capped players will just toss them in the trash

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

If they will become so important, can I suggest you to move them from collectibles to wallet?
when you have 4-5stacks either you destroy them or you have to purchase a new bank slot.
A new slot for apparently useless account bound dragonite?
choice so far was logical

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Any-plans-for-account-wide-WXP/page/2#post3209250

I hope its not tied to your plans on making “wxp alt friendly”, because that would be a horrible idea and wouldnt fix the problems. It would help you, but only if you had exactly ONE alt.

What im assuming if its tied to the “wxp alt friendly” changes is that you can trade that stuff for liquid wxp or boosters[/quote]

(edited by Gumby.1708)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I saw those new Consumables Toxic Sharpening Stone and stuff like that and stuff like that already use Bloodstone Dust. A nice thing cause that Bloodstone really drops most for me(doing WvW mostly).

Empyreal fragment is 2nd most. I still get a lot. Maybe there will be other consumables then? Or even food(I know there is some food at the new vendor but it does not use these materials). I always thought there should be ascended food and other consumables that use these stuff unrefinded(while the refined versions go into weapons).

Dragonite would be nice. As WvW player I have like only 1-2 stacks of these while tons of more of both of the other materials. But if you need to replace something with it then replace bloodstone(it currently is the most we earn) – to make it balanced to se can earn same amount of each of the 3.

Maybe this could be added to rank chests as well. You could have to choose from 3 and then like 10 or 20 where you choose + other rewards you usually get.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

So then, we can safely assume that dragonite gains will be significantly improved for WvW players prior to or simultaneously with these new uses for it? Right? Surely this won’t be a way of excluding those of us who don’t already have eleventy-billion dragonite from character advancement.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

So then, we can safely assume that dragonite gains will be significantly improved for WvW players prior to or simultaneously with these new uses for it? Right? Surely this won’t be a way of excluding those of us who don’t already have eleventy-billion dragonite from character advancement.

The only people who are swimming in empyreal and dragonite are those who play on stacked servers. The only people who will be getting all the empyreal and dragonite needed for ascended armor in a reasonable amount of time are those who play on stacked servers.

There’s a gem purchasing initiative in there somewhere.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

indeed, as you guys promised full ascended gear within 2013… which means that armor will be released sometime before new years eve. And considering the prices to make ONE weapon… well, you guys better fix the “grind fest” soon, or only a select few will ever get to craft ascended stuff

I’ve already crafted 3 weapons. It might be somewhat of a grind, getting the mats, but it does keep me busy. Especially when I get stuck in the queue.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

The only people who are swimming in empyreal and dragonite are those who play on stacked servers. The only people who will be getting all the empyreal and dragonite needed for ascended armor in a reasonable amount of time are those who play on stacked servers.

There’s a gem purchasing initiative in there somewhere.

I’m swimming in Dust and Stars. I don’t PvE much, so swimming in Dragonite isn’t possible for me. Also, the guild I am in, on SBI, actually does defend stuff, so I don’t karma train as much as some others. I personally think the fun of defending and assaulting a highly defended objective is more fun than karma training, and farming dragonite.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Just delete it all.

Have you seen the ascended armours that are rumoured to be coming in December? They all look like trash. And the difference in stats between full (all 6 pieces) exotic and full ascended is 36 points (plus, I guess, the difference in defence). Less than 4 stacks on your stacking weapon. Less than 1 stack of Applied Fortitude.

It’s actually kinda a relief that Ascended Armour can be completely ignored by WvW. It’s a win for people who want balanced play. Also, I’m about 300 gold richer simply by knowing I don’t need to worry about this :P

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Just delete it all.

Have you seen the ascended armours that are rumoured to be coming in December? They all look like trash. And the difference in stats between full (all 6 pieces) exotic and full ascended is 36 points (plus, I guess, the difference in defence). Less than 4 stacks on your stacking weapon. Less than 1 stack of Applied Fortitude.

It’s actually kinda a relief that Ascended Armour can be completely ignored by WvW. It’s a win for people who want balanced play. Also, I’m about 300 gold richer simply by knowing I don’t need to worry about this :P

The increase in damage going from exotic to ascended weapons is 5%, so I would guess the increase in armor from exotic to ascended is also 5%. Pretty good considering it’s the same increase granted by several traits and sigils/runes. Plus you get a few more stats.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I’m not a hardcore player, nor am I a casual, somewhere in-between I guess. I don’t really think there is much of a grind for Ascended mats. I certainly haven’t gone out of my way to farm the mats. I spend about 2 hours daily doing Boss Events and Temples. The rest of my time is spent in WvW. That alone has earned me enough Dragonite to for 16 weapons.

I do think they should increase the quantity of Dragonite that drops from keep lords in WvW to satisfy the people who absolutely don’t want to do any PvE. Maybe instead of 3-5, it should be more like 8-10.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

Well tonight I went to Orr, nobody was running events, in fact the place was a ghost town on my server. I finally got into the Jormag event and got just enough dragonite to complete one Ascended weapon. Now since I have 9 level 80’s …………..

Theftwind (HoD)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

I’m not a hardcore player, nor am I a casual, somewhere in-between I guess. I don’t really think there is much of a grind for Ascended mats. I certainly haven’t gone out of my way to farm the mats. I spend about 2 hours daily doing Boss Events and Temples. The rest of my time is spent in WvW. That alone has earned me enough Dragonite to for 16 weapons.

I do think they should increase the quantity of Dragonite that drops from keep lords in WvW to satisfy the people who absolutely don’t want to do any PvE. Maybe instead of 3-5, it should be more like 8-10.

Have you ever taking a defended keep? It’s a lot harder than a silly dragon and you are not taking one every couple hours. Lucky to get one in a match up in a balance match. EB keeps should be 75-100, borderlands keeps and SM should be 25-40 (those flip more often) if you want a comparable drop rate/time invested the equals PvE.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The increase in damage going from exotic to ascended weapons is 5%,

Its actually at least 10%.

With asc armor the actual stats may not be that much of an advantage I would think the greatest advantage is going to be in the increase in base armor values.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Waffler.1257

With asc armor the actual stats may not be that much of an advantage I would think the greatest advantage is going to be in the increase in base armor values.

Max damage on Ascended GS = 1155
Max damage on Exotic GS = 1100

% increase = (1155 – 1100)/1100 = 0.05 = 5%

The math is not very strong in you.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Factor in the extra stats and the what the 5% damage increase in the crit damage equation and you are looking at about 10% if you are zerk.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Factor in the extra stats and the what the 5% damage increase in the crit damage equation and you are looking at about 10% if you are zerk.

Cool story, but I said the increase in damage on weapons was 5%, which it is. I didn’t mention stats, but feel free to show how you came up with 10%.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m dreading ascended armor- first of all I gave up playing a second account, then decided to try and stick to one toon on one account, and now I’m going to be forced to choose between one set of armor out of the 4 I currently use for that toon….and if it’s dependent on laurels then that’s a bust straight away as i currently have exactly 2 on my account and still need 10 more to finish off the necro’s staff, never mind the other toons weapon sets and swaps.

The other mats aren’t THAT hard to get (the time gating at crafting IS annoying as hell though) but laurels are the most effective barrier to alts ever invented in a game.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

morrolan.9608

No need for insults, I didn’t calculate the 10% others did in other parts of the forum.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Waffler.1257

No need for insults, I didn’t calculate the 10% others did in other parts of the forum.

Believing statements by random people without question is the leading cause of stupidity.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

Believing statements by random people without question is the leading cause of stupidity.

Then pardon me if I do not believe you.

Theftwind (HoD)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Ascended Armor Craft Confirmed For Christmas YAY!

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Awww, I wanted to say that! +1 anyway

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Oh please no! I’m very happy for the OP that he’s doing content which allows him to “swim” in these materials, I certainly do not. They are an incredible grind to acquire. We need more empyal shards, not less!

The problem appears to be:

PvE (temples) = get dragonite ore
WvW = get empyreal shards

Balance them out and you’ve got a more healthy situation.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

There is a bigger problem here. The material collection issue extends beyond just the ascended collections. I’ve been collecting these materials as well, but they more or less fill my bank at this point. We really need the stacks in the collections area to be bigger (or better yet infinite). Take blood stone dust.. I’m at a point where I’ve got enough bricks, and so much dust that I really have no choice but to destroy it.. If I didn’t then I would have nothing but bloodstone dust.. If the intention is to use all these materials for recipes then increase the collection space so that we can hold them effectively.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

deracs.1762

Oh please no! I’m very happy for the OP that he’s doing content which allows him to “swim” in these materials, I certainly do not. They are an incredible grind to acquire. We need more empyal shards, not less!

The problem appears to be:

PvE (temples) = get dragonite ore
WvW = get empyreal shards

Balance them out and you’ve got a more healthy situation.

Kind of curious how OP (me) said anything about swimming in mats and asking for less? Pretty sure all I asked for is that everyone participating in a keep?tower keep gets rewarded.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Good, go verify for yourself.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Raion.5280

Raion.5280

Why cant Anet just add these to the freaking wallet!? This would solve SOOO many problems.