(Balance) Developer Livestream on Friday at 2pm PST

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

LAST BIG QUESTION:

Did you implement the fix that allows buildings/structures to take condition damage??

do you see a tree bleed? a statue having bloody bowel movements??

i agree tho the game is hardly balanced, and it shouldnt be, each class should have a strong standing point and a weakness. nobody should be god mode. but still it all depends on how the player plays their classes.

regardless of armor penetration, crit changes i hope, does not reduce crit damage or overall damage on existing builds, adding another factor to crit that goes for conditions are fine tho.

meh, i just hope that they dont do something stupid where a zerker thief with 10k hp can only deal a 4k crit damage backstab with 20 stacks of might. or something like no 100% crit chance, that would kinda promote people to go more power based and crit chance instead of crit burst, OR simply just go condi and screw the crit damage burst.

(edited by Boyd.5438)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

For the past year, mesmers and elementalists have been kept out of the meta. This is due to nerfs to these classes as well as the buffs given to thieves. The recent changes brought down thieves a little, but they still retain their slot as alpha predator for roaming/spike damage.

Mesmers and elementalists can’t compete with that role. In the current meta, as highlighted by recent high-end pvp games, thieves basically just hunt down and kill their mesmer opponents with impunity. Elementalists simply cannot compete.

Are you planning on making changes to rectify this alpha predator situation? It’s been over a year since we’ve seen mesmers and/or elementalists in competitive play.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Will the upcoming changes to berserker gear only effect PvE or will it impact WvW as well?

There is no difference between WvW and PvE in Anet’s mind. And in all honesty I think it is fair.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Profession Balance

Boyd.5438

question too, are thiefs the only one that kills mesmers/eles with impunity? does anything kills thief where thiefs cant do much other than run?

in Profession Balance

Manuelito.6081

And yet the WvW meta involves wearing full defensive gear and still steamrolling everything in your path. Buffing defense will just make this dumb meta even more lolworthy.

Pvt gear probably became popular to survive the insane amount of burst damage in pve. If they change zerker in the way I think they will then there would probably be a shift in meta since the disproportionate burst damage will be gone.

But they are surviving this “insane” burst damage and thriving in it. So if you nerf burst down, they will become unkillable now.

This doesn’t really make sense, if all zergs are wearing pvt gear then it will be a pvt zerg vs a pvt zerg. So what will change? Unless you are saying there are zerker zergs running around.

The point is that if you’re going to nerf a stat set because it is so predominant in one game mode, then you should also nerf stat sets and other game modes because they are also the “meta”.

This is so true that I needed to bump it.
Berserker gear is largely used for dungeons/fractals which are not even the entire PvE world.
Then re-balance PVT in WVW please. Yes, that sounds weird uh?

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

This is so true that I needed to bump it.
Berserker gear is largely used for dungeons/fractals which are not even the entire PvE world.
Then re-balance PVT in WVW please. Yes, that sounds weird uh?

You can run whatever you want in Wvw and nobody will kick you out.

in Profession Balance

Manuelito.6081

If berserker gear becomes useless in PvE (It will most likely still be king) I will be sending support a rather long letter, basically demanding my 200+ laurels and 800g+ which has been spent on ascended berserker gear :’(

All nerfing berserker gear will do is punish better players, not make other gear more viable.

Shouldn’t you be buffing up the other gear sets to be on-par with berserker gear? we all know conditions and support need a lot of love for PvE, however, nerfing berserker gear is NOT the answer.

there might be a base for a law sue as well.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

if they nerf zerker theil likely allow you to reset your gear stat

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

frans.8092

Not worth the effort, as the Centaur proverb goes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

If berserker gear becomes useless in PvE (It will most likely still be king) I will be sending support a rather long letter, basically demanding my 200+ laurels and 800g+ which has been spent on ascended berserker gear :’(

All nerfing berserker gear will do is punish better players, not make other gear more viable.

Shouldn’t you be buffing up the other gear sets to be on-par with berserker gear? we all know conditions and support need a lot of love for PvE, however, nerfing berserker gear is NOT the answer.

Basis for a lawsuit my hairy left butt-cheek. If there isn’t something in the End User License Agreement going “We can do whatever we want with this game,” I’ll be surprised – as far as I know, that’s pretty much standard procedure, especially in MMOs where people might otherwise go “Hey, they made a change I don’t like! I’ll sue them until they undo it!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

^ lol so true. /15chars

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In regard of Critical Damage, I expect somethign to happen like Class regarded MAXIMUMS.

Each Class should have some kind of maximum how high they should be able to get in Critical Damage, until they hit a cap.
——
For example:

Warriors maximum Critical Damage Cap = 50%
Thiefs maximum Critical Damage Cap = 75%
Rangers maximum Critical Damage Cap = 66%
Guardians maximum Critical Damage Cap = 50%
Elementalists maximum critical Damage Cap = 66%
Necromancers maximum critical Damage Cap = 33%
Engineers maximum critical Damage Cap = 50%
Mesmers maximum critical Damage Cap = 33%

Don’t take these numbers too serious, they arejust examples of how it could get played out by Anet.
All I want to say is, that Critical Damage imo shouldn’t be a Gear Stat, instead it should be something, that works like Magic Find, a progressive Stats that lets us deal more damage so more we kill a specific species of foes as we collect “Kill Experience” against that type of foe.

Critical Damage as Stat should then get replaced with Condition Duration/Boon Duration. When each class has its specific maximum of Critical Damage, Class balancing becomes definetely easier for Anet and Critical Damage becomes then a new parameter for ANet that can be used to balance the classes out, because they can then simply decide over it, how high maximum a Class should get Critical Damage.
——

In regard of Rune/ Sigil Reworks, thats definetely needs very much. The power gap between minor to superior rune/sigils needs to be smaller.
ANd they should be in PvE same as easy to use, like in PvP.
Runes and Sigils should be something for PvE, that you just unlock for your account, once you get them the first time and once a Rune/Sigil has been unlocked for your account, they should be useable as you like for a small fee of KARMA.

implement then just in the main towns a NPC, that sells ALL of your unlocked Runes and Sigils for Karma.
Minors for say 500 Karma
Majors for 2500 Karma
Superior for 10000 Karma
—-

New Stat Combinations,, there are also many Stat Combinations missing in general for the game, not just only PvP.

Could we get for examle some more Combinations that include Boon Duration?
Like Power, Vitality, Boon Duration, or Boon Duration, Toughness, Vitality
Currently the game has sadly only 1 single combination, that has Boon Duration and that are the Snowflake Upgrades with a nonsensical useless combination of Toughness, Healing Power, Boon Duration.

The Dubloons really also need to be reworkd.
Really, who the heck puts really Dubloons into their equipment for just only a few lousy % of Boon Duration and nothing else?
Also Boon Duration needs also to scale UP with the rarity of the item.
Can’t be that you get an exotic upgrade and it still gives you only silly +1% Boon Duration just like a dumb Copper Dubloon, that is of only rare quality or just like an ornate snowflake of masterwork quality…

The game surely won’t become instantly totally unbalanced, if you raise just a slightzly bit the maximum Boon Durations of those Upgrades.
Exotics should give 3%, Rares 2%, everythign below that 1%

All Dubloons should receive triple Stats like all other Upgrade Items.

Copper Dubloon
2% Boon Duration
x Points Power
x Points Vitality

Platinum Dubloon (changed into exotic)
3% Boon Duration
15 Power
15 Vitality

That way if you put in all of your Equipment these Dubloons, youd get:
12* 15 = 180 Power and Vitality
12* 3% = 36% more Boon Duration, so basically your boons hold 1/3rd of the Duration longer than normal. Instead of 10 Seconds Swiftness youd basically have 13-14 Seconds longer Swifness if you have in all of your equipment then Platinum Dubloons and that for the disadvantage of havign no Rune Effects
——
Personal Note: I think it would be better for the high level overview of balance Changes just to post here into the Forum or as a blog post again some kind of Preview and what for changes we can expect in the near future.
I think this is better than just viewing this stream and your discussion
It would be simply said better for both types of people.
Those that are more interested in viewing the discussion and gettign the information out of that discussion.
And those people, which are just only interested in the overall Balance Chances that are planned and want to read them just in a Blogpost/Forum Thread directly, without having to watch the whole discussion first in the stream…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Boyd.5438

the only choice for us is to pack our bags and walk away. what else can you do? just wait for the patch notes to see whats the exact changes they gonna make tho, before doing a decision.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I think I will just wait and see what happens before getting worked up.
I do think there are some questions (previously posted) that would be interesting to get a sense of how they think about balance in general and as it currently is in the game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

WIth my last postign having said, what run through my mind after readign the first posting of what Anet weants to discuss, here now my questions I personalyl would liek to hear getting answered:

Very Rune/Sigil specific Multi-Question:
What do you think about Ascended Runes and Sigils?
Would you think that there could be someday also something possible, like Legendary Runes and Sigils and if yes, how do you think could these be implemented and how could they affect the visual style of our characters, like currently Legendary Weapons do that?
In which kind do you think could Ascended Runes and Sigils get vertically stronger over Exotic Runea/Sigils?
Something like adding a kind of "seventh set bonus, if all runes/sigils of ascended quality are put into also ascended weapons/armors?

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

For the past year, mesmers and elementalists have been kept out of the meta. This is due to nerfs to these classes as well as the buffs given to thieves. The recent changes brought down thieves a little, but they still retain their slot as alpha predator for roaming/spike damage.

Mesmers and elementalists can’t compete with that role. In the current meta, as highlighted by recent high-end pvp games, thieves basically just hunt down and kill their mesmer opponents with impunity. Elementalists simply cannot compete.

Are you planning on making changes to rectify this alpha predator situation? It’s been over a year since we’ve seen mesmers and/or elementalists in competitive play.

its not a one v one game. also, i havent heard that mesmers cant take theives, so not sure what you are talking about.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I’m unable to watch the stream right now any quick update on what they’ve said so far?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I’m unable to watch the stream right now any quick update on what they’ve said so far?

lemme say my take on the sum up:
“We play condi classes (one stated he played condi engi, the other said he plays ele). Therefore we’re nerfing crit damage. We’re also making 2h weapons have 2 sigils (without mentioning if they’re balance the damage accordingly, plus both that were talking indicated they played classes that used 2 handed weapons very often). Changing runes so you cannot do a 2/2/2 combination to stack lots of might, or other stuff. But gave very little hard proof. They indicated a long “these numbers aren’t set in stone”, blah blah blah..so it seems like they haven’t even set in stone whats actually going on and how its going to be balanced in the end.

So far thats what they’ve mostly covered..it seems like it doesn’t really “balance” much, but nerf direct damage and they seem to indicate that their changes will make condi’s even stronger.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

lemme take my take on the sum up:
“We play condi classes (one stated he played condi engi, the other said he plays ele). Therefore we’re nerfing crit damage. We’re also making 2h weapons have 2 sigils (without mentioning if they’re balance the damage accordingly, plus both that were talking indicated they played classes that used 2 handed weapons very often). Changing runes so you cannot do a 2/2/2 combination to stack lots of might, or other stuff. But gave very little hard proof. They indicated a long “these numbers aren’t set in stone”, blah blah blah..so it seems like they haven’t even set in stone whats actually going on and how its going to be balanced in the end.

So far thats what they’ve mostly covered..it seems like it doesn’t really “balance” much, but nerf direct damage and they seem to indicate that their changes will make condi’s even stronger.

Thanks! Well at least the 2 sigils on one wep sounds great though

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Still, when they implemented sigils for kits they also nerfed them accordingly (and quite a bit), thus i suppose two handed weapons will see a similar nerf.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

I loved the “engineers nerfed. moving on…”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Anyone can say what are all changes coming up? My net is really bad today and I cannot load the video.

Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Live stream info, typed as I watched it, some stuff got cut off so had to continue in second post lower on page.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Live-stream-Updates-see-2nd-post-for-rest/first#post3510432

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can you please try to devote a reasonable amount of time discussing classes? Especially with how you feel the class is right now, whether or not you feel they’re overpowered or underpowered, and, if they’re underpowered, WHY you think they’re underpowered?

And can you please try to make this a little more balanced when it comes to discussing classes? Warriors, Thieves, and Elementalists always get 10minutes or more each and Rangers for some reason get a half-hearted 30 second blurb of no-one-really-cares.

Rangers are fail from the ground up. Their pets don’t work (and aren’t on the radar for fixing), their traits make next to no sense, they don’t have the tools (burst/ae) to make a power build ever work, they have an entirely too passive/boring playstyle regardless of weapon chosen, etc etc.

I’d like to leave this SotG/Ready-Up with the impression someone actually plays the class, recognizes the problems it has, and actually cares enough to fix it.

Please?

What an interesting and insightful livestream we just had there. I would like to thank ANet for really going into detail on each class and not letting anyone down. I especially wanted to point out the highlights I most enjoyed!

Every class gets to know some change is coming with a reasonable mix of both justified nerfing and improvements to come their way. But not you Rangers, no. We have nothing of any importance even at the highest level for you except 3 nerfs. Enjoy!

I also liked all the talk of signets that went around. I like how ANet wants signets to be fun to use with strong passive but also powerful active abilities. But ho ho oh no, not you Rangers, no! We want you Rangers to have miserably useless signets with activated abilities that do nothing unless you first invest 30 points into them! Enjoy!

Oh and lets not forget the improvement to traps! They’ll ‘maybe’ have fields now! Lets all jump for joy because the Ranger can now throw around a fire field, but can’t blast it… a poison field, but can’t blast it… and a ice field, which again… you can’t blast. Enjoy!

And finally we have the 1h sword. On 12/10 it was working as intended, but now it’s bugged :.( But fear not, we’re looking into it! But instead of simply removing the leap until a reasonable solution is made, we’ve decided to leave it in tact so we can continue to scare all new players into using nothing but bearbow! Enjoy!

And then to cap it all off… the first patch of the new year where we knew going in that no much detail would be given and it would all be high level discussion.. CHANGE IS COMING MY FELLOW RANGERS! You’ve waited a year, and we’ve said it all before, but now we mean it! Greener pastures are a’comin’!

That about summarizes the entirety of the Ranger portion of our broadcast, thanks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Can you please try to devote a reasonable amount of time discussing classes? Especially with how you feel the class is right now, whether or not you feel they’re overpowered or underpowered, and, if they’re underpowered, WHY you think they’re underpowered?

And can you please try to make this a little more balanced when it comes to discussing classes? Warriors, Thieves, and Elementalists always get 10minutes or more each and Rangers for some reason get a half-hearted 30 second blurb of no-one-really-cares.

Rangers are fail from the ground up. Their pets don’t work (and aren’t on the radar for fixing), their traits make next to no sense, they don’t have the tools (burst/ae) to make a power build ever work, they have an entirely too passive/boring playstyle regardless of weapon chosen, etc etc.

I’d like to leave this SotG/Ready-Up with the impression someone actually plays the class, recognizes the problems it has, and actually cares enough to fix it.

Please?

What an interesting and insightful livestream we just had there. I would like to thank ANet for really going into detail on each class and not letting anyone down. I especially wanted to point out the highlights I most enjoyed!

Every class gets to know some change is coming with a reasonable mix of both justified nerfing and improvements to come their way. But not you Rangers, no. We have nothing of any importance even at the highest level for you except 3 nerfs. Enjoy!

I also liked all the talk of signets that went around. I like how ANet wants signets to be fun to use with strong passive but also powerful active abilities. But ho ho oh no, not you Rangers, no! We want you Rangers to have miserably useless signets with activated abilities that do nothing unless you first invest 30 points into them! Enjoy!

Oh and lets not forget the improvement to traps! They’ll ‘maybe’ have fields now! Lets all jump for joy because the Ranger can now throw around a fire field, but can’t blast it… a poison field, but can’t blast it… and a ice field, which again… you can’t blast. Enjoy!

And finally we have the 1h sword. On 12/10 it was working as intended, but now it’s bugged :.( But fear not, we’re looking into it! But instead of simply removing the leap until a reasonable solution is made, we’ve decided to leave it in tact so we can continue to scare all new players into using nothing but bearbow! Enjoy!

And then to cap it all off… the first patch of the new year where we knew going in that no much detail would be given and it would all be high level discussion.. CHANGE IS COMING MY FELLOW RANGERS! You’ve waited a year, and we’ve said it all before, but now we mean it! Greener pastures are a’comin’!

That about summarizes the entirety of the Ranger portion of our broadcast, thanks.

sorry but ranger has some of the best signets in the game. im assuming you just hate your pets.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Live stream info, typed as I watched it, some stuff got cut off so had to continue in second post lower on page.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Live-stream-Updates-see-2nd-post-for-rest/first#post3510432

TY.

Sorry for my english.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

ANET failed in trying to make support and condi based builds up to par. They thought a straight up nerf would be most effective, but is essentially the easy way out.

Why am I not surprised?

Minion

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

only got home now, is the video of the stream available already?

in Profession Balance

frans.8092

What’s the limit on Youtube, it’s 1.8 Gb

Edit: I think it’s already on Twitch

(edited by frans.8092)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Don’t bother, it’s like watching a bunch of football jocks talk about quantum physics.
How about you guys act like professionals and not like a bunch of college kids.

Are these really the people we trust to balance the game going forward? Colour me unimpressed.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Why did the Devs go into allot of the changes coming to all professions except thieves?!
less than 2 min was the time spent talking about thieves and only 1 change was reveled and its an insignificant one…

why?!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: conzar.6310

conzar.6310

I love the game so much but watching the live streams is always a let down they do not have a clue about the game or how to fix it, or what people actually want.

But hey what are we to do its there game we just have to deal with it….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wow this stream. sry dont wanna be rude to anet, but your statements about mes and everything u said which was not even 3 minutes, shows me u guys never played a mesmer in wvw in battles. i dare u anet to make a lvl 80 mes and go fight in zergs and zergbusting groups for a week, then come back and talk about mesmers.
u can have all my clones and phantasms and remove all mantras if u give us something viable for wvw that is not stupid veilbot!!!!!!!

u have never even tried to fix the obstructed bug(i can literrally stand right below a cannon and get the obstructed bug), los bug, iwarden, ileap, blink on bridges, phase retreat bugs that glitches u into walls and under the map or even inside hills. the mantra buffs were a joke, try to use that in a zerg. i am not really mad about the de nerf as in wvw i have only 1 illusion up anyways, and all the phantasms die in seconds, i warden is beyond broken and just stands there without even attacking since u broke it. seriously delete the whole ai already so we can actually be a viable light armor class. we are not a medium armor class that needs to be a duelist, we are light armor, so give us aoe that is not ai based. aoe, not veil!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I hope these changes hopefully come with an armor reset. There is no way my necro build sitting a tad over wet noodle can handle a nerf like this. I’m not even sure if I wanna go back to the drawing board since powermancer is more of a joking around build for me and conditionmancer is a straight up joke.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

So, if they’re gonna nerf crit damage and zerks in general……what build(s) are we supposed to use now? Is Anet even aware that the reason why zerk is picked over everything else is because everything else is crap? How in the world are we supposed to do dungeons if we can’t do enough damage to kill them before they kill us? They need to fix the reasons for the need to crit, not crit itself. Otherwise, X is going to be the next OP thing, and everyone is going to complain about X wars 2. Use X or gtfo.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

wow this stream. sry dont wanna be rude to anet, but your statements about mes and everything u said which was not even 3 minutes, shows me u guys never played a mesmer in wvw in battles. i dare u anet to make a lvl 80 mes and go fight in zergs and zergbusting groups for a week, then come back and talk about mesmers.
u can have all my clones and phantasms and remove all mantras if u give us something viable for wvw that is not stupid veilbot!!!!!!!

u have never even tried to fix the obstructed bug(i can literrally stand right below a cannon and get the obstructed bug), los bug, iwarden, ileap, blink on bridges, phase retreat bugs that glitches u into walls and under the map or even inside hills. the mantra buffs were a joke, try to use that in a zerg. i am not really mad about the de nerf as in wvw i have only 1 illusion up anyways, and all the phantasms die in seconds, i warden is beyond broken and just stands there without even attacking since u broke it. seriously delete the whole ai already so we can actually be a viable light armor class. we are not a medium armor class that needs to be a duelist, we are light armor, so give us aoe that is not ai based. aoe, not veil!

Arena needs to give us dual build like pvp and pve for the same that applies to pve and WvW. Because the build in pve/dungeons are completely different from WvW builds/setup.

Please do not nerf PvE builds anymore as it will affect dungeon builds with the gears invested.

Keep the changes separate like PvP. We don’t bother anyone with out setup in PvE/dungeon.

I am not even trying to farm for achievement points for the sake of doing pvp and wvw.

(edited by UmbraVictor.9842)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Watched because I was interested in class changes. Half kitten d especially talking about engineers nerfs incoming without elaborating. Minor buffs to toolkit. Seriously get a clue. I am getting awfully sick of the attention the warrior class gets relative to the others.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karasu.4381

Karasu.4381

You know Anet, you need to improve your encounter design. You already made a good first step with Tequatl, and the mobs for the Tower of Nightmare LS. Now you need to do that with all of the existing mobs in the game, particularly dungeon bosses. Once you do that, a large majority of the PvE balance issues will disappear completely or at least be greatly reduced.

(edited by Karasu.4381)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

So, if they’re gonna nerf crit damage and zerks in general……what build(s) are we supposed to use now? Is Anet even aware that the reason why zerk is picked over everything else is because everything else is crap? How in the world are we supposed to do dungeons if we can’t do enough damage to kill them before they kill us? They need to fix the reasons for the need to crit, not crit itself. Otherwise, X is going to be the next OP thing, and everyone is going to complain about X wars 2. Use X or gtfo.

Oh, zerk will still be the best. It will just be slower because slower = better I guess?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

took the easy/ineffective way on the crit dam change. no shock there……..prepare to wait at least 8 months until the next “phase” of balancing the other stats…at best.

thankfully, it doesn’t really break those that want to play zerker in pve (yuck to wvw, tho)……..but ineffective change until the scaling of other stats increases, nonetheless.

I like the rest of it, mostly. can’t wait to test my D/X ele…..but necro will stay retired,sadly(all nerfs to specs i don’t play…nothing else).
finally fixing 2h weapon sigils is unexpectedly great news….also like the proposed rework of sigils/runes to be more consistant and reward going deeper in the same rune-family. Most of the class nerfs/buffs seem good/fair.

….also glad we don’t have to wait until april for some of these balance changes to take place.

balance patches every 4 months is way too sparce for how minimal the changes end up being.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

I hope the fix to 2H sigils includes stuff like 2H giver weapons only granting 10% condition duration

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Oh, zerk will still be the best. It will just be slower because slower = better I guess?

So, I assume that you guys caught the statement made early on in the stream that the first piece of changing combat has to be the ferocity change? That there are other changes coming that they haven’t announced that can’t really be made until these first steps are taken and that it all can’t be changed at once? They even acknowledged that there is an issue with how mobs react to active player defenses. I understand people are trying to ensure that their playstyle hasn’t been blown to smithereens somehow but you’re still operating on a fraction of the information you need to make an informed opinion. So before you cry doom, take a step back. Breathe. Just sayin’.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

in Profession Balance

Boyd.5438

i doubt there will be any damage to survival ratio tweaks ya?

damage nerfs but stay as squishy right?

condi builds get to have dire with higher vitality and toughness also spec more towards defensive traits + foods and oils to have large amount of damage while maintaining high healthpools and toughness

tank builds continue to be as tanky as before and take less damage.

sometimes u gotta ask, how the Fword is that fair for anything? please do make it 1 class 1 hp 1 damage to balance the game. thats the most fair thing overall.

1+ later u do this changes, main issues u dont fix

issue 1:

reflection @ projectiles. ALOT of projectiles are not allowed to be reflected by some skills that are kind of bugged.

dungeon AI @ stale, they never change, do same things, non intelligent/evolving.

wall bugs @ anywhere on map, sometimes by removing or fixing a structure @ wvw or pve, you get teleported somewhere outside of it where you get glitched into a wall or ground.

and SO MANY MORE ISSUES.

heck, if you are going to do changes, do it globally to all related traits and stats. why is it only done on crit damage?

VITALITY AND TOUGHNESS AND HEALING is also OP because they dont get downed they get chances to heal and do many other things, WHERE IS THE VITALITY AND TOUGHNESS BALANCING?

jesus man, u guys.. really? just because of the pve? if you are going to nerf stuff, do it globally all in 1, because they are all related. atm it feels like u guys @ anet are picking on the part of the community that does more contribution @ pve and roamers @ wvw just because of the long list of Fword moaning @ forums. sometimes u guys suck. really.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

How ya haters feel, ya hatin’ didn’t work.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

Looka like my necro is becoming even more useless in PvE now. This is becoming a real joke now. Every balance patch they screw up the necro in PvE more and more because of balance issues in PvP.

You say you want to avoid splitting where possible, but is it really feasible when your game modes scale completely differently? Condis are so strong in PvP/WvW because players have smaller HP pools, yet they are virtually useless in PvE because of the general tankiness of mobs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Oh gosh, I shouldn’t respond but really?

Devs: “Hey, we’re gonna make this first change toward fixin’ stuff. It’s one of a series of changes working towards…”

Players: “Hah! They made all the changes they will ever make now and you’re still at square one! Suckers.”

There’s a disconnect somewhere.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I think if someone is after expanding playstyles and options, hating glass cannons and berserkers gear is counterproductive. Expanding means the goal is to make sure current options and playstyles remain relevant – you just want them to have some company.

But to answer your question, honestly, I thought a new stat to give them more direct control over the scaling was a smart compromise to help normalize glass cannon in PvE without harming the tenuous hold that playstyle has in PvP.

I do like that they didn’t go overboard, here. In fact, that’s ideal. It means they’re aware the issue isn’t so much gear, but in much bigger fish they have to fry. Which is prettymuch what the forum’s been saying.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Nice job balancing the game around PvE. Im sure we are gonna have nice e-sports and balanced PvP!
Those risen in arah must be really mad that u can kill them so fast.

(edited by Covis.6037)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jaywalker.2469

jaywalker.2469

ANet I just can’t agree with your philosophy when it comes to profession balance. Please buff the weak don’t nerf the strong. You should reward those players who have found ways to work around their profession’s weaknesses. Now that ascended armor has come out for a while and the last profession balance is not too long ago I don’t think the 10% critical damage reduction is fair to those who have put in so much time and gold into theory crafting, ascended armor making and repairs. Zerker damage is high but they also die more easily – and I don’t see anything unfair about this. Instead I think maybe you should buff zerker rangers since their damage is lame yet they die more easily than others.

Disclaimer: I don’t have a ranger; but I see a lot of people are super happy when they see rangers from an opponent server in WvW especially if the rangers in question are wearing full zerker!

:3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If I may, I find the renaming of Prowess -> Ferocity to be rather pointless.
I agree with the other change, making it a stat and all, but why not keep its name? It was called Prowess before it became Crit Damage.

ANet I just can’t agree with your philosophy when it comes to profession balance. Please buff the weak don’t nerf the strong.

That is not a useful general rule. Why would you not nerf? If you just buff continuously, everyone ends up in an unstable power balance + the non-PvP game becomes continuously easier. How is that helpful?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)