Leap Skills Should require a target

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Charge, Heartseeker, Leap of Faith, savage leap, monarch’s leap, etc, etc, etc…these really need to be changed to be used at a target, would fix a lot of mobility issues in wvw.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

What mobility issues in WvW?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

yes make them require target then they will be completly useless!

9/10 times rush/bullsrush other gap closers will bug if target moves a little. So doing this will make mobility skills insta death button.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Do OP understand that leap skills have travel time and affected by slow effects, thats why they are don’t have targeting? Targeting requirement = teleport skills in GW2.
Also, killing whole class of skills just for sake of few wvw roamers, lol, this is beyond ridiculous.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Ignore this thread.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Um, the fact that some classes have way too much escape mobility.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

9/10 times rush/bullsrush other gap closers will bug if target moves a little. So doing this will make mobility skills insta death button.

The only thing that would change is that you wouldn’t be able to escape fights you should not be escaping to begin with.

Guild Wars 2 is a game of crutches and man do people start to get upset when anyone even suggests a crutch be removed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The only thing that would change is that you wouldn’t be able to escape fights you should not be escaping to begin with.

Guild Wars 2 is a game of crutches and man do people start to get upset when anyone even suggests a crutch be removed.

Why? Because you think you are owed a kill that you didn’t earn?

This may come as a shocker but if some one is running from you that means you won the fight.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

Why? Because you think you are owed a kill that you didn’t earn?

This may come as a shocker but if some one is running from you that means you won the fight.

People who play not to lose say things like this.

Some older games got it right when they lowered a character’s movement speed when he got low health. That made the choice to engage in a fight meaningful. When you engaged into a fight you were committed to it.

That is what is called risk versus reward, which is something that the devs in this game don’t seem to respect. This game has done more to remove the risk versus reward aspect from pvp than any other game I can think of.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I guess this suggestion originated from the warrior mobility balance thread. Leap skills are meant to be Gap Closers but instead they’re being used as escape tools.

Take a closer look at Ride the Lightning nerf, it’s supposed to be a gap closer but was used to escape or reset the fight instead so it got nerfed. I don’t see a reason why Warrior’s Rush or other leap/“mobility” skills shouldn’t be nerfed as well. People insist that it won’t work because of lag/travel time/bugs/slow animation but hey RtL is still as buggy as hell but they went on with the nerf. They can’t make an excuse that they were able to do it on one class but can’t on others.

Long story short; give some kind of penalty if the skill doesn’t hit anything to make it fair with Ride the Lightning. Else, remove the 2x CD penalty of RtL and think of another “balance fix” for all leap/mobility skills. So you don’t necessarily need a target and you still get to use leap skills as an escape mechanism but is not as exploitable anymore.

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

I guess this suggestion originated from the warrior mobility balance thread. Leap skills are meant to be Gap Closers but instead they’re being used as escape tools.

Take a closer look at Ride the Lightning nerf, it’s supposed to be a gap closer but was used to escape or reset the fight instead so it got nerfed. I don’t see a reason why Warrior’s Rush or other leap/“mobility” skills shouldn’t be nerfed as well. People insist that it won’t work because of lag/travel time/bugs/slow animation but hey RtL is still as buggy as hell but they went on with the nerf. They can’t make an excuse that they were able to do it on one class but can’t on others.

Long story short; give some kind of penalty if the skill doesn’t hit anything to make it fair with Ride the Lightning. Else, remove the 2x CD penalty of RtL and think of another “balance fix” for all leap/mobility skills. So you don’t necessarily need a target and you still get to use leap skills as an escape mechanism but is not as exploitable anymore.

Dumb kittening thing about ride the lightning is it doesn’t take into account someone dodging. If you don’t hit because the player is smart, you still get super punished because it was used as an escape tool for so long rather than just punished. Certain classes have next to no risk vs reward, and some are loaded down with it so much that its near crippling.

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

If you gap close at someone, you’re still closing the gap even if the damage doesn’t land. I’d rather have Warrior GS 5 hardly hit me but still close the gap with me, instead of the warrior using it to escape from a fight all the time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The issue where some players are more mobile than the OP I suppose.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

If you gap close at someone, you’re still closing the gap even if the damage doesn’t land. I’d rather have Warrior GS 5 hardly hit me but still close the gap with me, instead of the warrior using it to escape from a fight all the time.

I guess what he is trying to imply is that the targeted gap closer is so unreliable that he just points himself manually at his target (without a target lock) and leads them landing with more success.

Either that or he uses his gap closers to mainly run away and is just trying to pull some kind of justification for it out of his kitten.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

The issue where some players are more mobile than the OP I suppose.

In other games, abilities that allow you to escape are on long cooldowns. Gap closers should be just that. Gap closers.

How about this. All gap closers on weapons should require a target. Utilities can go untouched since their cooldowns are appropriate.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

Dumb kittening thing about ride the lightning is it doesn’t take into account someone dodging. If you don’t hit because the player is smart, you still get super punished because it was used as an escape tool for so long rather than just punished. Certain classes have next to no risk vs reward, and some are loaded down with it so much that its near crippling.

Interesting. I suspect that is the same with blind and block as well. I know that when I’m running on my guardian, if someone shoots at me and it gets blocked it does not put me in combat.

So if an elementalist RTLs to me and it gets blocked then they get boned on the cooldown (I suspect).

Awesome!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

+1 for the OP — totally agree. Also +1 for Oozo’s “risk vs. reward” analogy, well said!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

Interesting. I suspect that is the same with blind and block as well. I know that when I’m running on my guardian, if someone shoots at me and it gets blocked it does not put me in combat.

So if an elementalist RTLs to me and it gets blocked then they get boned on the cooldown (I suspect).

Awesome!

Yes, Aegis, Blind and dodging is considered a “Miss” and will trigger the 40s cooldown.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

Awesome!

Yes, Aegis, Blind and dodging is considered a “Miss” and will trigger the 40s cooldown.

NP then, just make sure you don’t use RTL to close the gap to any group that has a guardian in it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Funny thread. I like when skills are able to be used both defensively and offensively so please don’t make this kind of change. It gives me a choice in playstyle.

But I do laugh at the warriors who always run away. If you emote laugh at them, they usually come back to fight.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Do OP understand that leap skills have travel time and affected by slow effects, thats why they are don’t have targeting? Targeting requirement = teleport skills in GW2.
Also, killing whole class of skills just for sake of few wvw roamers, lol, this is beyond ridiculous.

Ride the Lightning doesn’t teleport yet requires a target.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

Ride the Lightning doesn’t teleport yet requires a target.

It doesn’t particularly require a target to be used but you will get a 40s cooldown penalty instead of 20s if you don’t target and hit something.

in Profession Balance

Oozo.7856

Funny thread. I like when skills are able to be used both defensively and offensively so please don’t make this kind of change. It gives me a choice in playstyle.

But I do laugh at the warriors who always run away. If you emote laugh at them, they usually come back to fight.

You would still be able to use the leaps defensively in the same way that guardians use their ports defensively. You switch targets to a target that gets you out of the kill zone.

It just requires more awareness of surroundings and targeting skills, but sometimes there are no good escape options. As it should be.

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

You would still be able to use the leaps defensively in the same way that guardians use their ports defensively. You switch targets to a target that gets you out of the kill zone.

It just requires more awareness of surroundings and targeting skills, but sometimes there are no good escape options. As it should be.

How dare you suggest that a warrior should be forced to be aware of their surroundings. Anet is trying to take that out of warrior, didn’t you see the 6.5 months of buffs that they got to their traits that activate passively?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Hmm I actually don’t mind this. I may be biased because I only play a guardian. But will it achieve the goal? A lot of guardians still use Flashing Blade to teleport away.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Just no. Are you even aware that all of those skills are on melee weapons? Melee (of any profession) needs the mobility to get into the fight, stay in the fight , and, yes, to escape, because that is part of the overall dynamic of the games combat. If you want to disallow this, then you should also disallow kiting, which is really the same thing. When a ranged character attempts to kite a melee character, he is attempting to avoid taking damage. When a melee character uses his leaps away from an opponent he is doing the same thing. The difference is that the ranged player only has to get 131 units of range away from the melee character to avoid an attack – the melee character may have to get well over 1200 units of range away from the ranged character to avoid that characters attack.

These movement skills are no more a problem than is kiting. If you haven’t figure that out yet, then you are hopelessly lacking in any form of deductive reasoning. If you have figured it out and still can post this then you’re either a great troll, or a terrible player.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Oh it’s so simple then. Target something outside of the kill zone. Because there are always targets available. I have a better idea. Don’t require a target.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Yes, nothing worse than a thief spamming HS to run away from you at a rate of like 123984612037846 meters per second. Or worse, Monarch’s Leap.

Right.

BTW these are not in fact “mobility issues”, at least have the common sense to call them something like “disengage issues” or something.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

fellyn.5083

Yes, nothing worse than a thief spamming HS to run away from you at a rate of like 123984612037846 meters per second. Or worse, Monarch’s Leap.

Right.

BTW these are not in fact “mobility issues”, at least have the common sense to call them something like “disengage issues” or something.

I call it an entitlement issue. People thinking they deserve to have a kill when in reality they don’t.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Right.

I call it an entitlement issue. People thinking they deserve to have a kill when in reality they don’t.

This should either apply to all classes or to none. You know, because, balance.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Right.

This should either apply to all classes or to none. You know, because, balance.

Right, so I should be able to hundred blades you from a range of 1200. You know, because, balance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Right.

I call it an entitlement issue. People thinking they deserve to escape when in reality they don’t. See what I did there, that isn’t an argument, and has no logical thinking behind it.

Now onto the thread. I think leap skills should all be like ride the lightning. That way if they run away they can’t comeback and use those skills. People can run away all they want the problem comes when they disengage and then reengage when it is convenient for them. If the cooldowns on some of those skills were like rtl they couldn’t be used to reset fights casually because of longer cooldowns. Although I would consider not making this change to heartseeker because it needs to be spammable for d/p thieves.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

fellyn.5083

Right.

I call it an entitlement issue. People thinking they deserve to escape when in reality they don’t. See what I did there, that isn’t an argument, and has no logical thinking behind it.

Now onto the thread. I think leap skills should all be like ride the lightning. That way if they run away they can’t comeback and use those skills. People can run away all they want the problem comes when they disengage and then reengage when it is convenient for them. If the cooldowns on some of those skills were like rtl they couldn’t be used to reset fights casually because of longer cooldowns. Although I would consider not making this change to heartseeker because it needs to be spammable for d/p thieves.

Be careful there sir, that you don’t cut yourself with that sharp wit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

How dare you suggest that a warrior should be forced to be aware of their surroundings. Anet is trying to take that out of warrior, didn’t you see the 6.5 months of buffs that they got to their traits that activate passively?

Yet axe = nerfed, mace = nerfed, hammer = nerfed, longbow = nerfed, HF and BP = moved from adept to grandmaster, Unsuspecting foe = nerfed. Warriors were buffed for good reason. It is only because warrior got sustain that allowed them to be viable in tPvP play that people are now complaining about mobility.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Kyon.9735

I see warriors in denial. Just to be fair, all Gap Closer skills should work like Ride the Lightning, or not at all. Ride the Lightning was nerfed because of the very same reason Warriors are exploiting it now.

Give us a good reason why RtL should remain nerfed and other Gap Closer skills should remain the way it is. Either nerf them all, or remove the nerf and think of another way to remove this exploit. And oh, don’t give us lame excuses like the elementalist’s FGS. Just take a peek at FGS cooldown compared to the cooldown of Weapon Skills.

Funny how people complain about kiting. People don’t have problems when people use their leap skills as Gap Closers like intended. It’s another thing when they use it to run and reset the fight. No matter how hard you deny it, people use it for the latter.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

All gap closers should have the same mechanic as Ride the lIghtning, it’s ridiculous how Elementalists are atm singled out and others dont use this mechanic., fyi, i dont play an Elementalist, it’s just being realistic, fair is fair.

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

Yet axe = nerfed, mace = nerfed, hammer = nerfed, longbow = nerfed, HF and BP = moved from adept to grandmaster, Unsuspecting foe = nerfed. Warriors were buffed for good reason. It is only because warrior got sustain that allowed them to be viable in tPvP play that people are now complaining about mobility.

6 and a half months of buffs with zero balancing isn’t called buffing. Its called a design mistake. Hammer = still stupid strong, Bow = still stupid strong, axe = still stupid strong (gotta get through them autoattacks brah), mace = still a ton of CC. Unsuspecting foe being moved is called BALANCE, not NERF. Learn your terminology before you start talking out of your kitten .

I mean…DO YOU EVEN HAMBOW?!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

I agree that this needs to get changed, no not nerfed, changed. The fact that gap closers can be used as an escape mechanism is, omg its so silly, seriously you spin around with a sword so ZING you go faster. That’s right up there with jumping to go faster in some older games (which i shall not name), its an abu- oh sorry not supposed to use that word, “Quirking” of mechanics. Now inside of combat i get, but outside? Explain to me how your going to preform a combat maneuver faster than your RUNNING speed. Its a combat maneuver, have it put the person into combat, problem solved

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

None of those weapons have been nerfed in any noticeable way. Axe auto rotation is by far the highest in the game. Mace is still very strong in small man or solo roaming. Hammer still puts out 8k earthshakers in cavalier gear. Longbow has never been nerfed. Unsuspecting foe is still easy to pick up and get cleansing ire and burst mastery. Warrior is literally the only class that has had the “shaving” treatment that anet keeps talking about in terms of it’s nerfs. Slight changes that pretend to make a difference yet really have no effect on game balance as a whole.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

None of those weapons have been nerfed in any noticeable way. Axe auto rotation is by far the highest in the game. Mace is still very strong in small man or solo roaming. Hammer still puts out 8k earthshakers in cavalier gear. Longbow has never been nerfed.

Wtf I’m reading. Axe AA chain was nerfed by moving 50% of damage to last hit (now you need to land third hit to actually do damage with axe), mace is now bunker-only, hammer damage is good only in zerkers or with inflated wvw stats (and even those stats are nerfed with crit damage nerf), LB F1 was nerfed and nerf to LB 5 incoming.
I recommend you to go and read some pathnotes first before making such statements.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

None of those weapons have been nerfed in any noticeable way. Axe auto rotation is by far the highest in the game. Mace is still very strong in small man or solo roaming. Hammer still puts out 8k earthshakers in cavalier gear. Longbow has never been nerfed.

Wtf I’m reading. Axe AA chain was nerfed by moving 50% of damage to last hit (now you need to land third hit to actually do damage with axe), mace is now bunker-only, hammer damage is good only in zerkers or with inflated wvw stats (and even those stats are nerfed with crit damage nerf), LB F1 was nerfed and nerf to LB 5 incoming.
I recommend you to go and read some pathnotes first before making such statements.

Mace is actually really good as a berserker weapon. Not max DPS good, but in WvW I rock mace main hand. Being able to get a complete auto attack chain off with a mace (approx 10-15k damage, and I’ve seen final hit on mace crit 8k on glass targets) because of Skull Crack is really nice. Shield Bash followed by full adren Skull Crack is a wicked combo.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

So you’re made because you went into WvW, expected someone to just go headbutt themselves against whatever weapons you’re using… and not want to die? I don’t get it. If you’re talking in regards to WvW, then I would suggest you go play in SPvP for awhile, learn how to react, and not let warriors use their escapes. I know it’s hard, no sarcasm, it really is hard. Warriors can escape from literally anything that can kill them, which is hard enough with HS, but still, there’s always counters. If I was fighting a warrior, dam sure my thief can catch and kill him.

in Profession Balance

killahmayne.9518

6 and a half months of buffs with zero balancing isn’t called buffing. Its called a design mistake. Hammer = still stupid strong, Bow = still stupid strong, axe = still stupid strong (gotta get through them autoattacks brah), mace = still a ton of CC. Unsuspecting foe being moved is called BALANCE, not NERF. Learn your terminology before you start talking out of your kitten .

So, using your exact same logic when warriors were at the bottom of the barrel when PvP was concerned, they aren’t called buffs it is called balance. All these weapons you mention by themselves aren’t even stupidly strong as you say. If so then I can name many other weapons that fit that category. And seriously how many axe warriors do you see in WvW or PvP if it was stupidly strong? The DPS from it got moved to the last auto. Mace, uhh yeah, stopped being used so much when they added a longer cast time, moving unsuspecting foe and fixing the paralyzation sigil.

And are you really that dense? Seriously? Balancing and nerfing aren’t mutually exclusive terms. Balance IS the reason for nerfing. I think you need to learn a bit about terminology.

in Profession Balance

killahmayne.9518

None of those weapons have been nerfed in any noticeable way. Axe auto rotation is by far the highest in the game. Mace is still very strong in small man or solo roaming. Hammer still puts out 8k earthshakers in cavalier gear. Longbow has never been nerfed. Unsuspecting foe is still easy to pick up and get cleansing ire and burst mastery. Warrior is literally the only class that has had the "shaving" treatment that anet keeps talking about in terms of it’s nerfs. Slight changes that pretend to make a difference yet really have no effect on game balance as a whole.

Axe auto rotation is only strong in PvE, are people in sPvP or WvW seriously going to sit there and eat 6 axe autos to the face? There are some bad people in WvW but usually that isn’t the case. Mace is strong, however it is very easily counterable which is why it has lost alot of its popularity, that and its indirect nerfs.

8K Earthshaker in Cavalier gear I think is a huge exaggeration. Against uplevels and full zerker geared people, maybe. Even then it usually isn’t even that high. Cavalier gear doesn’t have a whole lot of power, has no precision. Against a decently armored target it realistically hits around 3K crits. They nerfed by like what? 20%? that is huge and hardly a shave.

Longbow has been nerfed. Before it used to create the same size fire field no matter what adrenaline level you were. They also increased the amount of seconds needed for it to pulse and lowered the damage of it.

Now I can agree that Warriors need tweaks, but people act like they are the supreme gods of the GW2 universe, which they are far from. And the "shaving" treatment they are getting I believe is the best way to approach this class because it is very close to being balanced (albeit they need to look at some traits that really restrict build diversity) and that knee-jerk balancing will bring this class right back to the bottom of the barrel.

On the topic of mobility, skills that act as gap closers and escapes need to be looked at.

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

So, using your exact same logic when warriors were at the bottom of the barrel when PvP was concerned, they aren’t called buffs it is called balance. All these weapons you mention by themselves aren’t even stupidly strong as you say. If so then I can name many other weapons that fit that category. And seriously how many axe warriors do you see in WvW or PvP if it was stupidly strong? The DPS from it got moved to the last auto. Mace, uhh yeah, stopped being used so much when they added a longer cast time, moving unsuspecting foe and fixing the paralyzation sigil.

And are you really that dense? Seriously? Balancing and nerfing aren’t mutually exclusive terms. Balance IS the reason for nerfing. I think you need to learn a bit about terminology.

Axe/shield – GS glass warriors still do a ton of burst and have great escape, so…yea. “Nerfing” is what happened to Guards in the beta. Moved from the top HP tier to the bottom. “Balancing” would have been moving it to mid tier, then adjusting from there.

The reason ‘nerfing’ term came into existance is because post DAoC MMO companies think its perfectly OK to have balance patches 3-6 months at a time. So they nerf most things, and balance some others. Instead of having balance patches every 2-3 weeks.

‘Balancing’ is associated with minor tweeks and changes until you get it as close to correct as possible. Instead you have what happened to D/D ele during its massive nerf, and Guardian when it got a huge nerf each major beta test prior to launch. By all means lets continue this ‘shaving’ idea when it comes to balancing, but it needs to happen every 2-3 weeks, not 3-4 months.

in Profession Balance

killahmayne.9518

I mean...DO YOU EVEN HAMBOW?!

Axe/shield - GS glass warriors still do a ton of burst and have great escape, so...yea. "Nerfing" is what happened to Guards in the beta. Moved from the top HP tier to the bottom. "Balancing" would have been moving it to mid tier, then adjusting from there.

The reason ’nerfing’ term came into existance is because post DAoC MMO companies think its perfectly OK to have balance patches 3-6 months at a time. So they nerf most things, and balance some others. Instead of having balance patches every 2-3 weeks.

’Balancing’ is associated with minor tweeks and changes until you get it as close to correct as possible. Instead you have what happened to D/D ele during its massive nerf, and Guardian when it got a huge nerf each major beta test prior to launch. By all means lets continue this ’shaving’ idea when it comes to balancing, but it needs to happen every 2-3 weeks, not 3-4 months.

Any class can do "a ton of burst" when they trait for it or go full zerker. Axe is actually very weak if you don’t go nearly full zerker. Eviscerate has a long animation, easily telegraphed, is hampered highly by movement impairing conditions and if it doesn’t crit it hits like wet noodle. They are also easily kited and their DPS is unreliable. Also easily outshined by many other Warrior options. Warriors also got "nerfed" when they had 30% burst damage reduced to 3% burst dmg in their traitline.

Nerfing doesn’t have to mean just outright putting a class or a skill into the dumpster. I think destroying would be a better term. It is just a specific term for a change or a tweak indicating whether they are weakening something, or a buff which is to strengthen something, in order to achieve the desired balance.

GW2 has done some minor balancing patches in the past, but of course I could agree with them doing more of that.

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Charge, Heartseeker, Leap of Faith, savage leap, monarch’s leap, etc, etc, etc…these really need to be changed to be used at a target, would fix a lot of mobility issues in wvw.

all of these skills are working as intended.
there is nothing wrong.
there are no mobility issues in WvW.

you do not come here to whine and complain because you failed to put down some one in WvW. would you kindly please accept the fact that you do not deserve that kill in the first place.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Noliver.1475

Noliver.1475

To all the people arguing Warriors are not stupidly strong…

Didnt Devs in a video laughed and joked about that Warrior was too op and anyone should just roll one due to its opness?

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

Any class can do “a ton of burst” when they trait for it or go full zerker. Axe is actually very weak if you don’t go nearly full zerker. Eviscerate has a long animation, easily telegraphed, is hampered highly by movement impairing conditions and if it doesn’t crit it hits like wet noodle. They are also easily kited and their DPS is unreliable. Warriors also got “nerfed” when they had 30% burst damage reduced to 3% burst dmg in their traitline.

Nerfing doesn’t have to mean just outright putting a class or a skill into the dumpster. It is just a specific term for a change or a tweak indicating whether they are weakening something, or a buff which is to strengthen something, in order to achieve the desired balance.

You’re acting like the warrior is only trying to chase people down with an axe only in their mainhand and no utilities or traits. Dogged march? Cleansing Ire? Top tier HP pool? Adrenal Healing? Healing Signet? ZZzz…z….zzzzzzzz….

And that ‘nerf’ you got to your 30% damage was a change. It went to 30% CD reduction in burst skills, and the damage went to burst mastery which started at 10%, then went to 7%. A decent example of how to balance…Now here is a great example of how NOT to do balancing, just check the warrior section of the update: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013/first#post2339673

Huge buffs, massive changes, no scaling in ‘balancing’ what-so-ever. This was the patch where warriors went from having to have a brain to be good to the emergence of hammer trains in wvw, hambow, and various other builds.

Anywho, back on topic since that we’ve come to the end of the ‘warriors need balancing’ debate. Leap skills need a target to keep mobility in the game balanced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Noliver.1475

Noliver.1475

<b>all of these skills are working as intended. </b>
there is nothing wrong.
there are no mobility issues in WvW.

you do not come here to whine and complain because you failed to put down some one in WvW. would you kindly please accept the fact that you do not deserve that kill in the first place.

they were intended as gap closers… thus the damage..

If they are designed to be escapes there will be no dmg assigned. Like Shadow step