Out of combat weapon swap. - Ele/Engineer.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Would it ever be possible for these two classes to have a weapon swap available when they are not in combat? It gets inconvenient to have to always open the inventory to switch weapons.
I don’t see any downside to this as the feature will be disabled during any combat situations and should require a small cool-down when combat is over before being able to swap.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

I second this…My main is an elemental. While I do not switch weapons often it would be nice to have an option to make switching a little easier out of combat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Actually, I’d rather it be something more than as simple as this. Quite frankly, I’m shocked we cant hotbar consumables like food already as well. Why not allow something like that just like the weapon sets from GW1? Sure, changing those weapon sets would require being OOC, but it’d allow me to carry multiple weapon sets, especially on my guardian.

For example, if it allowed 4 of the OOC swaps, you’d be able to carry up to 5 different land weapon combos:

• The currently equipped weapon set will be a part of Swap 1. For classes that can rotate between set 1 and 2, doing so would change the set in the Swap (Staff/GS on guardian, it’d rotate the Staff or GS in the Swap).
  • Changing to Swap 2 would unequip the currently active weapon (GS to continue example), and change it out for the contents of Swap 2 (Sc/Sh), and now rotating sets would be Sc/Sh and Staff.
  • Changing to Swap 3 and 4 would do the same as the above point.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I like the idea. +1

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

There was another thread a little while back asking for the same. My response will be the same too. ANET needs to make this happen! +1’d

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Seconded, I’d like this a lot.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I don’t like this idea. The whole poitn is that they only use one weapon set, as they have attunements/kits. Getting out of combat is too easy, and it could give them huge advantage in all areas of the game.

in Profession Balance

Aidan Savage.2078

I don’t like this idea. The whole poitn is that they only use one weapon set, as they have attunements/kits. Getting out of combat is too easy, and it could give them huge advantage in all areas of the game.

Boo friggin hoo. That argument is getting more disgusting than a dead horse. The idea isnt to switch weapon sets in combat. I wish I could say otherwise, but it appears you merely read the title and jumped to a misinformed conclusion.

in Profession Balance

Azhure.1857

You can still switch weapon sets, Rezz, it just takes some people longer than others. There is nothing that keeps people from switching manually once out of combat. We’re just suggesting a hotkey of sorts that would automatically do it when hit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I personally often play with my inventory open (scaled down and moved to the side of the screen it doesn’t take up much space) in order to quickly switch weapons out of combat. Whether it’s to grab some movement skills across different sets or stack might before a fight, it’s already very possible.
This would entirely be a (much appreciated) convenience feature.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Already discussed in

My opinion:

If you give engis and eles an OoC weapon swap (thus e.g. giving an ele 8 weapon sets instead of 4 without opening inventory), then please add a weapon set swap function to other classes so that we can have 4 instead of 2.

Because I do not think it’s fair that an ele would have 8 open weapon sets in sPvP during the match and my class would have 2, or that an ele can change those in WvW in a brief moment of OoC with one button while my class would have to search for those in inventory.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Profession Balance

Azhure.1857

Again, as its been said by several, we’re asking for an ‘Out of Combat’ switch. Something that many of us already do, just that it gets annoying without a hotkey. We’re not changing a mechanic here. We’re not asking for the Ele/Engie professions to have the ability to weapon swap ‘In Combat’.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Actually, I’d rather it be something more than as simple as this. Quite frankly, I’m shocked we cant hotbar consumables like food already as well. Why not allow something like that just like the weapon sets from GW1? Sure, changing those weapon sets would require being OOC, but it’d allow me to carry multiple weapon sets, especially on my guardian.

For example, if it allowed 4 of the OOC swaps, you’d be able to carry up to 5 different land weapon combos:

• The currently equipped weapon set will be a part of Swap 1. For classes that can rotate between set 1 and 2, doing so would change the set in the Swap (Staff/GS on guardian, it’d rotate the Staff or GS in the Swap).
  • Changing to Swap 2 would unequip the currently active weapon (GS to continue example), and change it out for the contents of Swap 2 (Sc/Sh), and now rotating sets would be Sc/Sh and Staff.

This would be awesome. I used several weapon sets in GW1 for the specific boosts, i.e. one for higher base energy, one for faster energy regeneration, one for higher base health, extra damage etc.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

I weapon swap out of combat all the time.

Just press I for inventory, put the weapon set you want in the top left corner of your inventory and move the inventory screen to the bottom right corner as much as possible so that only the weapon set is visible. Then just double click on the weapon set whenever i need it. Then turn off inventory if i’m good.

Easy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Doesn’t work most of the time Royale, if you use multiple weapons and gear. They all get bungled up in your inventory, and your inventory also gets filled with loot so you can’t find the weapons sometimes.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

Add to that a shortcut to “consume/use entire stack”.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I wouldn’t mind an out of combat weapon swap system at all.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Needs to be done, it’s a serious omission in the game.

However I don’t think Anet cares about that sort of things. If they do it they’ll probably sell it for 1000 gems on the store.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No – Ele’s have 4 attunements – that is the equivalent of 4 separate weapons already. Engineers have the kits and those are like separate weapons also. The other professions only have 2 sets of weapons – so in effect Ele’s and Engineers already have more weapons than the other classes. It would make both of these professions OP. If they did that then they should add an extra weapon to the others also. Who is to say once you went back into to combat you couldn’t use that (those weapons)?

I saw this on another forum and will quote it here – reasoning why an extra set is not needed — example using another profession
“A guardian is cutting his way through a large number of weak mobs rocking Hammer and Staff due to their AoE. He then comes upon a boss. Does he

a ) Go in with hammer and get steamrolled due to lack of armor/mobility
b ) Attempt to magic the boss away with the staff, realize its not working then get steamrolled
c ) Hit H, change his weapons out for e.g. mace/shield and scepter/focus and beat on that sorry boss with appropriate weapons.

All classes have the problem you described. The guardian may moan about this too, and want a weapon-set set swap button (only for out of combat mind you), but that will just end up ridiculous as the warrior will get annoyed that the guardian has access to most of his viable weapon-sets without hitting H, yet the warrior can’t access even half, and demand a weapon-set swap button. In the end, weapons are supposed to stay equipped unless there is a very good reason to change them out, that is why A.Net has made it (a tiny tiny bit) tedious to do."

In GW1, you could only use one Attunement at a time (if you picked lightning – you are stuck with it in combat and in Instance). In GW2, you are not.

I love the way, people who want this, dismiss and belittle the people who disagree with them. Very immature.

Xillllix assumes GW2 will be P2W now, nice!!

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in Profession Balance

Vesuvius.9874

I doubt Eles and Engis care if everyone else has this ability as well. This isn’t a race to get our favourite class to the top by giving them fancy little features like this. This is being asked specifically by eles and engis only because they feel the lack of OOC swap affects them most.

OOC weapon swaps for all!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I doubt Eles and Engis care if everyone else has this ability as well. This isn’t a race to get our favourite class to the top by giving them fancy little features like this. This is being asked specifically by eles and engis only because they feel the lack of OOC swap affects them most.

OOC weapon swaps for all!

They do have it – Engi’s not as much but they do. Swap an Attunement – there is your CD.

I have both and I think this is a made-up non-issue.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is not about switching in combat which attunements and kits do really well. It is about switching out of combat. There is a big difference and few here are even mentioning in combat switching.

in Profession Balance

Aidan Savage.2078

It is not about switching in combat which attunements and kits do really well. It is about switching out of combat. There is a big difference and few here are even mentioning in combat switching.

The only people mentioning in-combat weapon switching are the people who dont care to actually read the title and make assumptions. So far, the only people against it bring up the crippled argument of “butbutbutbutbutbutbtubtubtubtubKITSANDATTUNEMENTS” which is getting old.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Can’t see the harm in this, but I have no idea why this thread is specifically targeted at Eles and Engis. All classes do this, most often to swap to a weapon with high mobility to move around, but for whatever reason it is it’s not a class specific thing.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I can’t quite see the reasoning behind all the No comments. As has been stated it would be for OUT of combat. How would that do any harm to any other class? It wouldn’t. Though i would much prefer a 3rd stacking Sigil slot that you could put a stacking sigil and ONLY a stacking sigil into, while other classes have access to THREE other sigil slots if they use a stacking sigil ele (and engi) get ONE if they want to have a stacking sigil.

Also, please none of this “oh but they could proc them more often” – Ele and Engineer have the SAME cool down requirements for sigils that every other class has.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m in for easy out of combat weapon set switching for all classes. For elementalists and engineer only? Absolutely not. In combat the single set of those classes is considered equal to the double weapon set of other classes, so the out of combat switching of those sets should be equal as well. In fact engineer’s and elementalists get it easier since they only have to swap one weapon set while other classes have to swap two sets.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Would be nice if you could swap everything up to and including armor and trinkets.

I want an entire second set of gear slots, so I can press a button and switch to and from my regular gear. If possible, even attach talents to it.

Also this won’t be a problem in spvp because just disable it in solo/team queue.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I can’t quite see the reasoning behind all the No comments. As has been stated it would be for OUT of combat. How would that do any harm to any other class? It wouldn’t.

Hrm, needs some more limitations, though.

It’s way too easy to get out of combat in many situations. If there were some extra limitations, say:

• Not during a sPvP round unless in the spawn area.
  • Not within 5000 units of any enemy, no matter type or realm or PvE/PvP (icon displays a proximity warning icon).
  • Not for 30 seconds after last leaving combat (CD on the icon).
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

As an engineer main and also an ele player, I see no need for this, out of combat or not.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I can’t quite see the reasoning behind all the No comments. As has been stated it would be for OUT of combat. How would that do any harm to any other class? It wouldn’t.

Hrm, needs some more limitations, though.

It’s way too easy to get out of combat in many situations. If there were some extra limitations, say:

• Not during a sPvP round unless in the spawn area.
  • Not within 5000 units of any enemy, no matter type or realm or PvE/PvP (icon displays a proximity warning icon).
  • Not for 30 seconds after last leaving combat (CD on the icon).

why? Every other class can do it between 2 weapon sets and they can do it in combat, why should Ele and Engineer be limited not only to be able to do it only outside of combat and even having some of the lets be honest VERY stupid requirements you would deem necessary.

So every other class can change weapon out of combat no matter how close or how far away from someone they are but you think an ele and Engineer would need be 5000range away from everything to do it? Why?

So every other class can do it outside of combat where and when ever they want in SPvP, think its locked in TPvP though but you would have it only in the starting areas of SPvP maps? Why?

So every other class has a ONE second cool down outside of combat but you think that ele and Engineer should have a 30 second cool down? Why exactly?

So but your requirements are SO very moronic. Only way to put it. Having these 2 classes able to weapon swap outside of combat which they can do already Just takes time and effort, compared to pressing one button for everyone else wouldn’t suddenly make them overpowered or anything. The moment they get in combat this weapon swap would be locked until combat is over again.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

As an engineer main and also an ele player, I see no need for this, out of combat or not.

I would much rather that we got a 3rd sigil for stacking sigils, rather than this but i am more surprised by the reactions of people to something that every other class already has and they seem to think this would suddenly make Ele and Engineer overpowered or something.

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

I would much rather that we got a 3rd sigil for stacking sigils, rather than this but i am more surprised by the reactions of people to something that every other class already has and they seem to think this would suddenly make Ele and Engineer overpowered or something.

You appear to misunderstand the other professions. They cannot do what is suggested in this thread. They swap weapons. Eles swap attunements. Engineers swap kits. Out of combat combat weapon swapping is the same among all professions.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You appear to misunderstand the other professions. They cannot do what is suggested in this thread. They swap weapons. Eles swap attunements. Engineers swap kits. Out of combat combat weapon swapping is the same among all professions.

If they have a 1 second cool down on weapon swaps outside of combat then why is Ele attunement swaps which is basically weapon swaps from the way you seem to be implying it 10-13 seconds long?

So we have a class mechanic. So does every other class but why should our mechanics be used to PUNISH us. We both already only get 2 sigil slots in combat but you seem to think that these classes having weapon swap OUTSIDE of combat would suddenly make them overpowered? How exactly would that be the case?

Also you dont seem to take into account that Ele is punished FURTHER by having INSANE cool downs on pretty much every skill they have, while them skills arent even as effective as other classes.

in Profession Balance

Vesuvius.9874

Good on ya mate. When this functionality gets introduced, please make it a point to not use it then. In the meantime, don’t get in the way of others that want it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why can’t Warriors/Rangers/Guardians/Necromancer/Mesmers/Thieves get a out of combat weapon slot too? Why should engineers and Elementalist be the special snowflake?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

sonicwhip.9052

I don’t see why they moved this thread to the profession balance section as this is a general quality of life suggestion and since it is a feature that only works when not in combat it has nothing to do with balance and it is just intended to not make you open the inventory every 5 seconds.
Also this feature if implemented should not be allowed in Spvp because you are in a scenario that is designed to always have combat but it should be allowed in WvWvW.

in Profession Balance

Vesuvius.9874

Why can’t Warriors/Rangers/Guardians/Necromancer/Mesmers/Thieves get a out of combat weapon slot too? Why should engineers and Elementalist be the special snowflake?

If you bothered to read some of the other posts, you’ll notice that the OOC swap is being asked for in general. The one’s voicing their concerns for OOC swapping happen to be eles and engis.

in Profession Balance

sonicwhip.9052

They have a weapon swap feature that works in combat and out of combat???

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

They have a weapon swap feature that works in combat and out of combat???

Elementalist has four set of weapon slots to switch to IN and OUT of combat.

Engineer has the capacity to swap between 4 weapon slots IN and OUT of combat. They have the ability to swap instantly too.

Warriors/Mesmer/Guardian/Thieves/Ranger has only two weapon slots and Necromancers have only 3.

Now, why should Elementalist/Engineer be the special snowflake again?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Aidan Savage.2078

For the reading handicapped, I kindly linked the post that a disgustingly high number of you dont bother reading, instead choosing to make assumptions off the thread title.

Stop for about 5 minutes and think already people. God kitten , no wonder kitten isnt taken seriously by the devs. People have to kitten about the slightest QoL improvement someone suggests. And then they kitten about Anet FINALLY putting it in months later.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

To clarify, Armageddon, I’d want this for all classes. Extra saved weapon sets, switchable when out of combat and far enough away from combat.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

How about no/short attunment swap CD for eles out of combat like other classes ?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

How about no/short attunment swap CD for eles out of combat like other classes ?

Buff-stacking. Though this can be easily solved by only triggering on-swap effects while in-combat, like for sigils.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

To clarify, Armageddon, I’d want this for all classes. Extra saved weapon sets, switchable when out of combat and far enough away from combat.

why would other classes need this though?
ONE class and ONLY one class is range limited depending on their weapon.

Seeing as other classes (minus Engineer) can have access to both Melee and range weapons.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Buff-stacking. Though this can be easily solved by only triggering on-swap effects while in-combat, like for sigils.

No thanks. They could just add a Cool down to Elemental Attunement. 10 second cool down. for EACH attunement and not for everything.

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

Good on ya mate. When this functionality gets introduced, please make it a point to not use it then. In the meantime, don’t get in the way of others that want it.

I am sorry that my opinion upsets you, but I disagree with this idea none the less. As well, I will absolutely get in the way of this, whether you want it or not. As long as I paid For my game, I will share my opinion. If you feel my opinion should change, you would likely be better served to use a logical argument to persuade me, rather then attempt to command me to play how you like. Either way, I disagree with this idea in its entirety.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

>_>… cause you already can do that with any other class…

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

What? Have 20 weapon skills or use utility slots on extra weapon slots?
Interesting.

See, the stuff just isn’t comparable. Elementalist stances are not weapon slots. Kits are not weapon slots.

The point that Elementalists are range-limited in combat is an interesting one, but I would say that it’s no different from say, a Mesmer equipping Sword/Sword / Sword/Torch. Ok, actually the Ele wins in that case. Let’s rather compare Scepter on Ele to Scepter/Pistol / Sword/Torch on Mesmer. Both cap at 900 range.

Now ofc, the Mesmer could equip a GS or Staff in either weapon set. The Ele could equip a Staff in their weapon loadout. That works without loss of generality, for either class.

So that’s… not really a sensible argument. And if we’re at out-of-combat QoL improvements, then it makes no sense to not add this for all classes, as it’s functionally fully different from the in-combat weapon swapping some classes do.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The difference being that Mesmer CHOSE to be range limited. You go D/D you have no choice. You don’t go staff when roaming and Scepter is very meh to say the least.

Also, gotta love the “20 skills” thing. While everyone seems to for some strange and unknown reason totally ignore just how long the cool downs are. So while an Ele will have more skills. They will pay for it in a LOT of ways:

1) Range limits
2) Skill cool downs
3) Skill effectiveness

Lets also not forget that the ele and Engineer at any one time during a fight has the same number of skills that every other class has. It is not as if they can use all the attunement skills when ever they want.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

What? Have 20 weapon skills or use utility slots on extra weapon slots?
Interesting.

See, the stuff just isn’t comparable. Elementalist stances are not weapon slots. Kits are not weapon slots.

The point that Elementalists are range-limited in combat is an interesting one, but I would say that it’s no different from say, a Mesmer equipping Sword/Sword / Sword/Torch. Ok, actually the Ele wins in that case. Let’s rather compare Scepter on Ele to Scepter/Pistol / Sword/Torch on Mesmer. Both cap at 900 range.

Now ofc, the Mesmer could equip a GS or Staff in either weapon set. The Ele could equip a Staff in their weapon loadout. That works without loss of generality, for either class.

So that’s… not really a sensible argument. And if we’re at out-of-combat QoL improvements, then it makes no sense to not add this for all classes, as it’s functionally fully different from the in-combat weapon swapping some classes do.

What i meant is that you can swap your weapon occ anytime you want. Eles and engies can do that too…BUT you guys can do it with a simple button press while ele and engies need to open the inventory, equip the weapon(s), close the inventory and keep moving on. A simple occ weapon set swap button makes it just a little bit “faster” and “controlled” to do that thing, nothing more.. nothing less. Is not different like that you cant in combat switch your skills like you want or equip a different weapon from your inventory either regardless of what class you play. Seriosly.. whats the harm on applying the same mechanic like at skill swaps to weapon swaps for classes who can only use one weapon set to battle anyways? Still doesnt change the fact that eles and engies will only come with one weapon set to battle so or so. And lets say if you fight an ele or an engi in pvp, they notice that their current weapon set doesnt work proper against you, get killed or manage to escape and go occ… whats stopping them in swapping their weapons from their inventory or change their skills in the spawn point or a silent corner? Nothing at all.. and neither does it stop you. Its not a privilege, just a way to make it more user friendly for these classes…cause not everybody uses kits or stuff like summon weapons in their builds. And other classes come with two weapon sets into battle and can swap anytime they want (if the cooldown is down of course). I dont see any battle advances in this at all.. cause afterall i just could keep my inventory open and swap kitten before i enter battle and you couldnt do anything against that…cept bringing me into battle what then again would make weapon swap impossible anyways again. So yea.. actually nobody looses here if you think about it.