RE: "Leaked" patch notes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey everyone,

I’m sure you have all been wondering whether the ‘Leaked Balance Patch notes’ we have all seen on Reddit are true.

I am here to say that they are not. It appears the poster has taken some of the notes that we have in this thread in an effort to make their own look more legitimate, and mashed them together with some imaginary notes. These are not real patch notes.

This is a reminder that when patch notes are posted by a source other than ArenaNet, they should not be trusted. Particularly in the context of a “leak.”

Thank you for understanding!

A

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Every leak so far has been accurate to the release notes. Why not these?

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Profession Balance

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Because they are not real.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oprah.1347

Oprah.1347

thank god.

that means that tornado being replaced with t-rex form is still a possibility. #alliesports.

but in all seriousness, that tool kit / kit refinement change was kind of a flag for me – 50% super speed uptime? nobody would do that …. right ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Then why did you even bother giving this any attention? I was not aware of the thread until this popped up. That seems counter-productive, would you not agree?

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Profession Balance

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Jorne, we have spent a good part of the day removing posts. We do not work on the weekends and wanted to make sure that those on these forums and those in Reddit understand that they are not true.

If you look at the Reddit thread, many of the comments are of people reacting and believing these notes. We do not want people to be upset by fake patch notes.

Does that make sense?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

That’s a shame, I really liked the fake guardian changes. You guys should look into those ;}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ExDragon.8456

ExDragon.8456

Although this post is not true, I believe that it addresses legitimate concerns surrounding balance. I know that ANet is dedicated on trying to maintain class balance, especially with the incoming Zerker and sigil patch.

Some skills as listed in the “leaked” patch notes lists a lot of skills that need serious fixing/reworking. An example being the Ranger’s Sword Auto Attack chain, which seriously cuts its viability, especially in the competitive sPvP and WvW scene.

There were many parts of these notes that were good changes, while other were poor. I think that, at the least, take into this into consideration for future balances and changes.

All in all, thank you very much for working so hard to give us players great content.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Just like all of the other ones, surely. Are you sure you’re not making a mistake, like when you thought the retaliation fix for EOTM was a mechanic change?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hello Allie,

What about the elite skill leaks from some days ago? Are those not real too, or are you not allowed to say anything concrete about them?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh thank GOD. A lot of those changes to thief and ranger were worrying me.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Yeah I find the sudden PR intriguing. Every other time that we had “leaked” patch notes they were more or less accurate. So much so that they were officially released prior to the last balance patch.

So now this leak, which is consistent with every other major balance update done since last June, is unique?

Either way it’s a very old or poorly assembled leak, as many of the Necro patches are already present in the game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can we have the real leaked patch notes then? XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

This is the best news I could have woken up to. Thanks Allie. I knew they were fake from the huge number of errors in it but to have it confirmed is nice.

On that note Is there any-chance we could get some more hints at whats coming in the patch. Please pretty please. (begs for spectrall atunement to move down to curse’s adept).

Jokes you don’t have to give us anymore hints lol. I’m just happy with this news :P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

Hey everyone,

I’m sure you have all been wondering whether the ‘Leaked Balance Patch notes’ we have all seen on Reddit are true.

I am here to say that they are not. It appears the poster has taken some of the notes that we have in this thread in an effort to make their own look more legitimate, and mashed them together with some imaginary notes. These are not real patch notes.

This is a reminder that when patch notes are posted by a source other than ArenaNet, they should not be trusted. Particularly in the context of a “leak.”

A

It was clear they were fake….in one patch you fixed 50% of the engineer’s turrets bugs?!?!?
AAHHAHAHA… it’s obviusly a fake…you are not ABLE to do a such good thing.

Who wrote it is only a poor dreamer.

(edited by Ederyn.3107)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

i was worried too until i actually read the patch noted for those classes,
I knew they were fake, because most of the nerfs came with buffs to compensate, and that’s not how anet rolls

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

Thanks for clearing it up, Allie.

kitten , there are some really rude people on here.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I am glad they were fake. They cemented the reliance of Eles on water/arcane/cantrip,
killed off Mesmers, and buffed spvp Engineers. All very bad things.

(edited by dietzero.3514)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I was so excited, too…. Now I’ll have to go back to being disappointed. Ah well. Hopefully you guys take some notes from the change list in either case.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Agreed.

Thanks for the clarification.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Cripple on guardian symbols and no ICD on Empowering Might gave them out for me. That was really over the top

P.S. Btw now we have additional tell regarding validity of the leaks. If ArenaNet doesn’t comment on them then, well…

You just invented a new responsibility for yourself Allie

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Now we know that if they don’t say anything, the leaks are likely real.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

I can practically hear the “z” snap accompanied with this.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Now we know that if they don’t say anything, the leaks are likely real.

Aw snap, beat me to it But my post is earlier :P

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

That’s a shame, I really liked the fake guardian changes. You guys should look into those ;}

Some of the necro changes there looked really good too. 4 seconds stability with foot in the grave YES PLEASE 20% cooldown on Path to midnight woot.

As a mainly DS/condi user these alone would take me closer to the attrition I had always wanted.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

So ranger autoattacks wont be fixed…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They weren’t the changes I would make but I thought the majority of those rangers changes were really good.

Side note: This is the first patch note leak that I’ve seen confirmed as fake. The past leaks (which turned out to be real for the most part) were never commented on. This sets a precedent for players that leaked patch notes are likely real if they aren’t dismissed by ArenaNet.

So ranger autoattacks wont be fixed…

It was never a promise but I believe Jonathan Sharp said he had an idea for a potential tweak to something (I think it was a server communication thing) about the ranger sword that might help with its control issues. The patch notes are fake, but before they even existed they were looking into the sword’s control issues.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I am glad they were fake. They cemented the reliance of Eles on water/arcane/cantrip,
killed off Mesmers, and buffed spvp Engineers. All very bad things.

Well, at least we know what the faker gets beat by in PvP.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Something is tingling my Spidy-senses here and telling me that this is a bad counter-argument, shockingly.

Personally, I’m skeptical about the notes, but I won’t be surprised whether or not they are true. But by judging ANet’s past behavior, I see no reason why these notes wouldn’t be true (or at least close to the truth).

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I had hoped that even Anet wouldn’t have been sadistic enough to ruin the Mesmer’s only – and already subpar – source of increased movement speed. We’ll see.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Oh my heaven, thank you!! There were some that seemed o.k., but some buffs were so game-breaking OP that they don’t even need to be tested.

I know you don’t want to always respond b/c it puts you in a tough place when reliable notes are released, but I can at least rest blissfully unaware if you actually are going to crank the power-creep up to 9000 as occurred in that post!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

At least now we know if ANet doesn’t say leaked patch notes are fake they’re real

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

At least now we know if ANet doesn’t say leaked patch notes are fake they’re real

That’s still TBD.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

You could just post the current real patch notes Allie - that would end any debate!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Filosophi.7251

Filosophi.7251

I truly hoped they were fake because this effectively destroys a mesmer and they already said they’d leave deceptive evasion alone so eliminating clone death on casting of a new clone would do exactly the same thing.

Mesmers have already been nerfed to the point of extinction and if this patch went through I’d likely be headed to a new game..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I’ve been telling people these were fake for a week, they’ve been shown on the forums before as a suggestion and most of all they sound like they were written by a 12 year old! How on earth could anybody fall for this!?

Seriously, ANets developers should feel insulted.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

What a pity. At least the Guardian notes were really great (besides the Overpowered EM change).
Torch now being useful as a condi cleansing weapon to myself? Finally good and balanced, it has a long cast time, a long channel time and relatively poor damage compared to AA.

Zeal trait line finally being made good, viable, attractive… Adding some bonuses to focus CD reduction trait is good, bunker guardians don’t go 20 points into zeal anyways, so it’s a clear buff to those that go DPS.
Discarding the crappy Kindled Zeals trait and giving guardians much needed soft CC but on a 30 point trait? Brilliant.
Merging Spirit Weapon traits, something guardians were complaining about for like months now? Too good to be true. Also, the Impervious Spirits trait makes great sinergy with the new Cleansing Flame and would allow for some great counterplay, just within the build.

I was looking forward to undust my DPS Guard, meh.
(I miss my Spirit Weapon Guardian from beta so much T.T).

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

I knew they had to be fake,cause they were all good.To bad Necro could really use the fixes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

thank god some of those changes were horrible.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

Hey everyone,

A

thank you for taking the time to clear this up allie

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

The were some good changes to ranger like sword root problem and other stuff, that is reason enought to know the patch notes are fake because lets be real, Rangers have been ignored for one and a half year now so obviously fake.

in Profession Balance

Syryn.7591

Something is tingling my Spidy-senses here and telling me that this is a bad counter-argument, shockingly.

Personally, I’m skeptical about the notes, but I won’t be surprised whether or not they are true. But by judging ANet’s past behavior, I see no reason why these notes wouldn’t be true (or at least close to the truth).

Want some more h8terade? Possibly sat at a table with the smallest violin in the world?

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

in Profession Balance

Syryn.7591

Agreed.

Thanks for the clarification.

They seem to think being overly snarky and passive-aggressive gives them a one up on the mods/devs/anyone who works for anet.

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Disappointed that it’s fake. Woulda been a really good update. Much better than anything Anet has given us in a long, long time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

I liked the necro undead shark elite in the patch notes. Combine that with the ele tornado and get a sharknado!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

So sad WHy others always can make better changes that developers do?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Would have been nice to see Ranger sword buff and Kit Refinement and Guardian torch actually being useful. Guess not.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

… I feel like crying :/ My dear engineer won´t get a viable version of kit refinement or turret buffs.
but okay that would be too good to be true…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fraelin.7409

Fraelin.7409

Hilarious, every person that read those notes with me all said the exact same thing. Wow Elementalist maybe viable??? and wow looks like a good balance patch!

So fitting to find out those changes are fake. Cant wait to see what Anet really put in haha

Oh and ’’FYI’’ I’m sure a lot of people would of been happy with that balance change rather than what you are about to put out

[CM]Cheese Mode Fraelina

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

it’s amazing to see that now it’s official these notes are fake, this thread is full of posts saying how there ‘were finally some viable patch notes’ and it ‘was to good to be true’.

I must have missed that the real notes are out there too!? or how the heck does everyone know the actual patch notes will be trash?

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation