Warrior Greatsword Needs Buff

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

After we managed to bring up the seven other professions on par with the warrior, we can talk about buffing the warrior profession.

Until then, asking for buffs on a weapon of the warrior profession, which is better than most weapons of other classes is just not a good point to start.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

This is a Warrior we are talking about… warriors need mobility. Otherwise they could just be kited into oblivion.

Wow. Just wow. Haven’t seen such a close-minded statement for a while now. Warriors are the kings of mobility. No class can be faster or more stickier than the warrior.
Let me ask you this: Do you have problems to stick to rangers? Or necros? Or do you get outrunned by a guardian? Probably not. You have a problem with thiefs and mesmers, which rely heavily on stealth. Stealth is something you can’t counter with movement. So it’s pointless to call for even more movement. You may have trouble against engis or good played eles aswell? That’s because engies are the kings of CC’s. They are excelent in boonstripping and kiting. Eles have to be mobile in order to survive. So there is nothing wrong with your movement. In my mind, it’s even too strong. Just other classes have access to mechanics you can’t counter or they are broken themselves.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

i mean come on, Axe auto attack does more damage than 100b and you don’t need to root yourself for it.

Lol? If your 100b is weaker than your axe AA, you’re doing something terribly wrong.

in Profession Balance

Kaiyanwan.8521

i mean come on, Axe auto attack does more damage than 100b and you don’t need to root yourself for it.

Lol? If your 100b is weaker than your axe AA, you’re doing something terribly wrong.

He is probably talking about raw damage per second. For some reason it seems to be a hard concept to grasp that there are different ways to deal damage.

Sustained vs burst for example. You will deal more burst with 100b than with axe auto for the duration of one 100b. Wow, that is genious!

Different weapons for different situations? Madness!

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

He is probably talking about raw damage per second. For some reason it seems to be a hard concept to grasp that there are different ways to deal damage.

Sustained vs burst for example. You will deal more burst with 100b than with axe auto for the duration of one 100b. Wow, that is genious!

When I’m using 100b, I’ll easily break the 15k damage if I’m alone and get 10 stacks might. I fail to see how this skill should be bad by any means.

in Profession Balance

Kaiyanwan.8521

When I’m using 100b, I’ll easily break the 15k damage if I’m alone and get 10 stacks might. I fail to see how this skill should be bad by any means.

That is because it is a really great burst skill. I would trait mesmer GS3 for 100b faster than people press 1 in Living Story zergs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I don’t mind them being able to move INTO combat. It’s being able to get AWAY from combat so easily that’s the problem.

This aspect of Rush could be fixed in the same way that ArenaNet tried to fix Ride the Lightning for the elementalist. By doubling the recharge time if the skill fails to hit a target.

Additionally, the evade could be removed from Whirlwind Attack.

Additionally, if Hundred Blades deals out too much damage, perhaps the recharge time could be upped to 15-20 seconds (rather than.
Or Hundred Blades’ damage could be toned down, while Arcing Slash could receive a significant damage increase in return.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

The greatsword X trait that lower gs recharge in addition to giving might on crit is absurdly overpowered compared to all other classes traits that lower weapon cooldowns. Might on crit with no internal cooldown is better on it’s own than many other classes traits. Forceful greatsword needs nerfing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

Some of you guys are missing the point completely. If greatsword is able to compete with other weapons in terms of damage per sec. It is not a buff to ALL warriors. This just means.. that their may be a little less hammer and axe warriors.

So what are you crying about? If you think GS damage is good you clearly do not play the class. Even in PVE all greatsword’s damage come from the Hundred Blades burst, which is also complete irrelevant in mobile fights.

To be honest, I would not care if they removed hundred blades completely. Greatsword is a mobility weapon.. hundred blades requires u to stay still. Think about this for a second, how much sense does this even make???

F1 Burst = useless
Rush hits maybe 50% of the time.

I would even be cool if they changed rush to be kind of like Bulls Charge without the stun. There could be damage at making contact with the enemy (like what actually happens when you charge somebody) and damage during the actual slice.

I am tired of people looking at Hundred blades and basically uses that one skill to justify everything that’s wrong or broken with the greatsword.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

GS burst skill is rather part of it’s utility; it’s situational but you can get some extra fury, which is always nice.

100B is it’s burst, and if you can’t set this up you kind of need to look into the class more, as Warrior can rely on setting up huge burst through swapping weapons… I mostly solo roam with sw/sh and GS and for me it is the best set of weapons for damage and mobility.

You could set up 100b with Mace, or even hammer. Mace is very effective but sword gives longer time to damage, with obvious tradeoffs. GS damage is weak if you run axe, as you can’t set up 100b, but you get damage from axe burst already… so that makes it personal preference.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

To be honest, I would not care if they removed hundred blades completely. Greatsword is a mobility weapon.. hundred blades requires u to stay still. Think about this for a second, how much sense does this even make???

Woooh, hold on a minute. If you call for 100b to be removed, I think you haven’t understood the warrior. What defines the Greatsword? Is it Rush? Or the “I throw my sword like a boomerang”? None of those. It’s the “Spin2Win” and 100b who both deal great damage and who define the weapon. The warrior is also the only class who can drastically reduce their weapon-swap-cooldown. You should use it! So the GS isn’t the weapon who deals the most damage? Who cares? Yust switch to the axe, get 3 AA’s out and switch back to GS to use your skills again…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

After we managed to bring up the seven other professions on par with the warrior, we can talk about buffing the warrior profession.

Until then, asking for buffs on a weapon of the warrior profession, which is better than most weapons of other classes is just not a good point to start.

lol says the mesmer.

you my friend are on top of the food chain right now, unless you are a PvE guy.

i think you need to update what you know about 100b and warriors in general.

GS is not even used in PvE anymore, in a fully optimised group Axe-Mace rules.

you don’t see much GS users in PvP, you see Hambows everywhere.

its considered a blasphemy zerging in WvW with a GS.

the only place GS is viable is WvW roaming.

no one with his brain will stay in your 100b, we are not talking PvE here, why i should burn my stun/immobilize, my stability and root myself so i can just damage you lesser that what my Axe auto attack can damage ? .

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

i think you need to update what you know about 100b and warriors in general.

GS is not even used in PvE anymore, in a fully optimised group Axe-Mace rules.

you don’t see much GS users in PvP, you see Hambows everywhere.

its considered a blasphemy zerging in WvW with a GS.

the only place GS is viable is WvW roaming.

no one with his brain will stay in your 100b, we are not talking PvE here, why i should burn my stun/immobilize, my stability and root myself so i can just damage you lesser that what my Axe auto attack can damage ? .

You are kidding, aren’t you? Within a good group I can reach up to 40k crits with one 100b. Ofcourse I use axe for the AA, but still, 100b is so much more better than simply the axe AA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

But why should a Greatsword warrior be forced to use axe or hammer for damage. Greatsword has no sustain, horrible damage, at the cost of mobility thats part of the class design?

Greatsword received way to many nerfs, and no compensation before the condition meta.

Should thief or mesmer have their damaged nerfed to kitten as well?.. Mesmers have clones, stealth and mobility. How is a greatsword warrior supposed to compete?

Oh my God yes, why should Warriors have to make the same choices other professions have to make? No one gets everything quite like the Warrior. Mesmers have damage and good in combat mobility, but they sacrifice sustain and out of combat mobility. Thieves have good damage and mobility, but they have very, very poor sustain. Warriors, on the other hand, have damage, sustain, and mobility through weapons and traits. You see where I’m going with this?

Greatsword has its place, and that’s as a utility weapon. Just like the Thief’s shortbow or the Mesmer’s focus.

The last thing we need is Warriors getting more of everything.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwaymor.4835

Gwaymor.4835

Hey, I mean, does anybody meaningful read this at all? Because if they do, then I’d say this: stop making Great Swords a “support weapon”!
And by the way, the same could be said in regards to all professions using the weapon.

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

But why should a Greatsword warrior be forced to use axe or hammer for damage. Greatsword has no sustain, horrible damage, at the cost of mobility thats part of the class design?

Greatsword received way to many nerfs, and no compensation before the condition meta.

Should thief or mesmer have their damaged nerfed to kitten as well?.. Mesmers have clones, stealth and mobility. How is a greatsword warrior supposed to compete?

Oh my God yes, why should Warriors have to make the same choices other professions have to make? No one gets everything quite like the Warrior. Mesmers have damage and good in combat mobility, but they sacrifice sustain and out of combat mobility. Thieves have good damage and mobility, but they have very, very poor sustain. Warriors, on the other hand, have damage, sustain, and mobility through weapons and traits. You see where I’m going with this?

Greatsword has its place, and that’s as a utility weapon. Just like the Thief’s shortbow or the Mesmer’s focus.

The last thing we need is Warriors getting more of everything.

Sarcasm does not prove your point very well. Sell your idea’s with facts or an arguement that supports or rebute your, or my points.

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

Some of you guys are missing the point completely. If greatsword is able to compete with other weapons in terms of damage per sec. It is not a buff to ALL warriors. This just means.. that their may be a little less hammer and axe warriors.

So what are you crying about? If you think GS damage is good you clearly do not play the class. Even in PVE all greatsword’s damage come from the Hundred Blades burst, which is also complete irrelevant in mobile fights.

F1 Burst = useless
Rush hits maybe 50% of the time.

I would even be cool if they changed rush to be kind of like Bulls Charge without the stun. There could be damage at making contact with the enemy (like what actually happens when you charge somebody) and damage during the actual slice.

I am tired of people looking at Hundred blades and basically uses that one skill to justify everything that’s wrong or broken with the greatsword.

Could someone share their thoughts with this post directly? Still haven’t heard a response to this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Apparition: Behind his initial burst of sarcasm, his core idea is still fairly accurate. Greatsword is a weapon that lets you achieve multiple different goals: mobility, evasion, ranged snare (yes it can be countered by clever movement, but it’s still useful), OK damage. Combined with another weapon, you can chain into 100B for substantial burst. The auto attack isn’t the greatest, but it also isn’t that bad, really.

If you want the satisfaction of an instant high burst, you roll Axe and look for Evis crits. However, axe gives you nothing to aid you with mobility, really. GS gives you potential for damage if you set it up, and gives you all the mobility you can ask for, really.

Seems like a fair trade to me. I used Hammer/GS for months after release, and it served me very, very well.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

So your arguement for greatswords burst is, that if combined with axe its not useless?

So my rebuttle would be, that would be more of a statement regarded Axe effectiveness and Greatsword lack of.

Three things I want to bring up,

Firstly, the individual might not be using axe as his alternative build. So should any greatsword build be deemed useless if not combined with another weapon?

Secondly, good players don’t get caught with hundred blades period. Hundred blades is a skill that takes at least one utility skill in order to land. Bulls Rush or bola now that Warrior stuns were nerfed but that’s another story. Even with that said, even those skills no good players should ever be hit with.

Lastly, my main point is that you are not thinking about this the right way. Buffing greatsword WILL NOT be a buff to warriors. It will allow them to choose between whether to use greatsword, hammer, and axe for #1 skill damage.

Keep in mind, that Axe, especially not. Axe 1 out damages GS1 by a LARGE Margin (already before feature update pack). Hammer 1 does higher burst AND weakens enemies.

You can’t be damaged by multiple weapons at the same time, there is a reason GS 1 is a joke in pvp environments. Because the only thing players have to do is just stay moving,

I reiterate buffing GS 1 Greatsword is not going to make warriors any stronger. It may just allow warriors to not be so reliant on axe burst or hammer stuns…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Firstly, the individual might not be using axe as his alternative build. So should any greatsword build be deemed useless if not combined with another weapon?

To that I will only reply, is there a single build in the entire game that only has a single weapon and manages to be good?

There isn’t. Every single weapon has weaknesses that can be compensated for by using another weapon (except for eles and engineers because they have extra built-in weaponsets).

It’s hard for me to really discern your argument. You seem to want the greatsword to, in addition to having a ton of utility, also have a ton of damage. I mean really, weapons are sorted into different roles for a reason. DD shatter mesmers take staff for its utility and don’t kitten about how it can’t burst people down, does that sound familiar at all?

It’s just nonsensical.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

Warrior in this game are some kind of master of arms, and therefore have acess to much more weapons than other classes.
Too bad that usually no class has a completely useless weapon, and very few classes have a weapon that is absolutely useless in one area of the game (pve, pvp, wvw).
Warrior’s gs is pretty good in pve, useless in pvp and wvw zerg, and barely useful in wvw roaming.
It’s only useful for running, and 100b can only soething with a brain if you set it up with another weapon (and at that point you could simply eviscerate ftw). Also, the f1, #4 and #5 are simply bad designed: no one uses them for their intended purpose (the f1 is an emergency condition clearing, #4 can only hit something at melee range, #5 is mostly used by lazy people like me to map travel and to escape).

my suggestions:
make the f1 some kind of ranged attack, or similar to the scythe gs attack in dragon age 2 (a short sprint that cleaves enemies along the way), and add a cripple effect.
speed up the projectile of #4. That skill is really useless.
reduce the #5 range to 900 and make it a leap.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

No it doesn’t. It’s a utility weapon and a multi target weapon. It isn’t made for 1v1s. Not every weapon is good at everything, the GS is mobility, evades and cleave it doesn’t need to do the damage axe will.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You do realize #5 is used mostly for people to travel around the map has nothing to do with its design and almost everything to do with the fact that it does not hit.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Come on, warrior is so weak, buff it more, MORE, MOAAAARRRRRRRRR

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

You do realize #5 is used mostly for people to travel around the map has nothing to do with its design and almost everything to do with the fact that it does not hit.

was the skill designed to be a map traveler device? no.
Are people using for map traveling and almost nothing else? yes.
→it is badly designed.

leaps have way bettere chance of hitting things than charges. So shorten the the distance and make it a leap. maybe people will stop complaing about tha “noob warr fled from my zerg QQ”.

It is not a buff, it’s a kitten fix. The gs is a weapon that has 6 skill, 1 of them requires a set up to be used, one is useless, another one is a ranged skill that can’t hit anything that isn’t in melee, and the last one is used for map travel.

lots of warriors (like me) use the gs in wvw simply because they are lazy to walk all the way from the wp, and to get away from enemy zergs.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

The skill is a movement skill. A leap.

A leap is a skill mechanic that causes the user to rapidly move forward a certain distance. This may be to attack an enemy target, move to a targeted area, or move to an ally. Leap skills are used for positioning and thus control in battle

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leap

So yes – moving around the map with it is intended. Not badly designed. If they didn’t intend for this to be a thing they wouldn’t have made the skill the way it is.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

With a leap i mean an actual leap, to spring through the air from one point or position to another; jump. Like guardian gs#3, war sword #2 and tons of other examples.

If the skill was designed to be used for map traveling it wouldn’t deal damage.
Also, i refuse to think that the devs put a skill into the gs thinking: “let’s make a skill that will help guys getting from point a to point b, who cares if it’s worthless in combat? They can use it to escape from the zerg!”.

The skill is badly designed because it has a clunky animation and connects only 10% of the time. Its animation causes bugs when used against a large sized mob, too.
No skill that deals damage should in any way be almost impossible to land (especially if it doesn’t deal that much damage and has a long cd).

So, yes, it is a badly designed skill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

So your arguement for greatswords burst is, that if combined with axe its not useless?

So my rebuttle would be, that would be more of a statement regarded Axe effectiveness and Greatsword lack of.

Three things I want to bring up,

Secondly, good players don’t get caught with hundred blades period. Hundred blades is a skill that takes at least one utility skill in order to land. Bulls Rush or bola now that Warrior stuns were nerfed but that’s another story. Even with that said, even those skills no good players should ever be hit with.

Lastly, my main point is that you are not thinking about this the right way. Buffing greatsword WILL NOT be a buff to warriors. It will allow them to choose between whether to use greatsword, hammer, and axe for #1 skill damage.

Keep in mind, that Axe, especially not. Axe 1 out damages GS1 by a LARGE Margin (already before feature update pack). Hammer 1 does higher burst AND weakens enemies.

You can’t be damaged by multiple weapons at the same time, there is a reason GS 1 is a joke in pvp environments. Because the only thing players have to do is just stay moving,

I reiterate buffing GS 1 Greatsword is not going to make warriors any stronger. It may just allow warriors to not be so reliant on axe burst or hammer stuns…

Greatsword is a utility/mobility weapon, of course it needs to be paired with another weapon to get the most out of it. Every class has weapons that are best used in combination with another.

Good players won’t get caught in a FULL 100b, that doesn’t mean they won’t take a few hits. You don’t need to land a full 100b for it to be effective either. Not only will you have done damage but you’ve potentially had them waste a dodge and if they are melee you’ve stopped them from doing damage.

Buffing GS is most certainly a buff to warriors. Here is the point that you’re missing completely. Even if GS is the warriors worst weapon, it is still better than most of the weapons other classes have. This means that warriors other weapons need to come down, not buff GS. The warrior is a powerhouse with multiple great builds and you want to buff them some more? I know you’re going to come back with “then other classes need buffed”. NO, the TTK in PvP is already too high. If we keep buffing it will end up with all classes able to one shot everyone. The powercreep needs to stop.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

With a leap i mean an actual leap, to spring through the air from one point or position to another; jump. Like guardian gs#3, war sword #2 and tons of other examples.

If the skill was designed to be used for map traveling it wouldn’t deal damage.
Also, i refuse to think that the devs put a skill into the gs thinking: “let’s make a skill that will help guys getting from point a to point b, who cares if it’s worthless in combat? They can use it to escape from the zerg!”.

The skill is badly designed because it has a clunky animation and connects only 10% of the time. Its animation causes bugs when used against a large sized mob, too.
No skill that deals damage should in any way be almost impossible to land (especially if it doesn’t deal that much damage and has a long cd).

So, yes, it is a badly designed skill.

The skill was designed to have utility – that utility being the travel part.
The idea that if that was the intention it would have no damage is nonsensical to the extreme since ALL WEAPON SKILLS HAVE SOME DAMAGE VALUE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

Yet you can clearly see that even though they do deal some damage some of them are designed for a specific utility that is greater than the damage generated.

Case in point: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifle_Butt

Yes – it deals damage but that’s not what it’s there for is it? In the same way Rush is not here to deal damage but to move the warrior in and out of combat.

And yes I do believe the devs don’t care that it’s worthless in combat because it’s been a year and 8 months and the skill still can’t hit anything.

The skill is not badly designed – the design is good – a skill designed around mobility that deals damage if used to engage – the problem is that the skill is bugged and nobody is fixing it.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Buffing GS is most certainly a buff to warriors. Here is the point that you’re missing completely. Even if GS is the warriors worst weapon, it is still better than most of the weapons other classes have. This means that warriors other weapons need to come down, not buff GS. The warrior is a powerhouse with multiple great builds and you want to buff them some more? I know you’re going to come back with “then other classes need buffed”. NO, the TTK in PvP is already too high. If we keep buffing it will end up with all classes able to one shot everyone. The powercreep needs to stop.

So having a #5 skill that never lands and an F1 skill that is completely useless don’t matter.
You’re saying Rush should be left in its bugged state?
You’re saying Arcing Slice can’t be reworked into something that’s useful situationally without making the weapon OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

All it needs is an damage increase on F1 to make it a real burst based on adrenaline. I can AA more..

And rush needs to be way faster and shorter animation so it hits. Or decrease it to 900 range and make it a leap

Thats it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

wanna trade with guardians greatsword?

action combat made mmos better lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

With a leap and a pull + mobile 100b (k more 70b it does less damage but much faster) AA also does more damage and AoE field.

Compared to a ranged cripple and slow rush that never hits. 100b thats sucks vs players or you need to use different skills/weapons.. Build around it so 100b could be usefull. Crappy AA and F1 sucks.. Only reason i use it is for evade whirl + escape.

I think the guardian GS will do good on warr. But cant miss whirl also

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

With a leap and a pull + mobile 100b (k more 70b it does less damage but much faster) AA also does more damage and AoE field.

Compared to a ranged cripple and slow rush that never hits. 100b thats sucks vs players or you need to use different skills/weapons.. Build around it so 100b could be usefull. Crappy AA and F1 sucks.. Only reason i use it is for evade whirl + escape.

I think the guardian GS will do good on warr. But cant miss whirl also

Yeah, warrior GS is sooo crappy because of… reasons! Listen to the man behind the curtain!

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

So having a #5 skill that never lands and an F1 skill that is completely useless don’t matter.
You’re saying Rush should be left in its bugged state?
You’re saying Arcing Slice can’t be reworked into something that’s useful situationally without making the weapon OP?

If Rush didn’t even attack at all, it wouldn’t be completely useless. To claim otherwise is just… ridiculous.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

The completely useless was aimed at the F1 skill.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

The completely useless was aimed at the F1 skill.

Ha! Reading. I guess it’s harder than I thought.

Sorry about that. Yes, the F1 is completely useless.

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

Conclusion:
Fine, I guess that you like getting owned by Hammer/Bow Warriors. Just want you to understand that if you do not promote build diversity you promote the cheese meta that currently plagues the class.

It is true Hammer/bow requires very little skill. But the problem will persist. Yes you are going to continue to be cheese, and yes I am going to laugh at you when you are facerolled.

Lack of build diversity promotes cheese but if you prefer to keep things as they are then so be it.

Their are going to be many more hammer bow face roll warriors because of a lack of other viable alternatives. So if you are one of the crybabies on this forum upset because a Warrior owned you then laughed, it’s probably your own fault.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Conclusion:
Fine, I guess that you like getting owned by Hammer/Bow Warriors. Just want you to understand that if you do not promote build diversity you promote the cheese meta that currently plagues the class.

It is true Hammer/bow requires very little skill. But the problem will persist. Yes you are going to continue to be cheese, and yes I am going to laugh at you when you are facerolled.

Lack of build diversity promotes cheese but if you prefer to keep things as they are then so be it.

Their are going to be many more hammer bow face roll warriors because of a lack of other viable alternatives. So if you are one of the crybabies on this forum upset because a Warrior owned you then laughed, it’s probably your own fault.

That logic is flawed if we want to make something else then hambow make more common then we need to buff to the level of hambow or even higher . But since hambow is cheese (your words not mine) then the other option will be cheese as well. So instead of 1 cheese builds there would be 2 cheese builds and the warrior would still be cheese meta.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

You might read Nike’s guide, if you still think GS is underpowered.
Hint: Don’t just read the title.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think GS’s “Dodged the Nerfhammer” passive effect is a lot more powerful than people give it credit for… .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Do people who main warriors realize other classes have weapons that are seriously terribly bad and never used? Greatsword is a very versatile and high damaging weapon already, and you want more buffs for it? Why not rifle, or mace mainhand?

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I am calling this post out. If you don’t have it on fraps, it didn’t happen. “easily pull out 15k+” as a warrior who has played every angle of great sword in PvP, even in glass canon zerker mode I have yet to see an ‘easy 15k+ minimum 100 blades.’ I simply don’t believe this happens easily..if at all.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Nobody cares about great sword in PvE where it behaves as expected to. It is in PvP that great sword can perform underwhelming because of all rush/leap mechanics in this game playing out badly in PvP. Shield bash/rush/bulls rush all over shoot, or go where the opponent was 2 seconds ago when the channel was started, but miss where they are are when the channel is finished. Any mechanic that rushs the player into a target, and therefore situation carrying a risk/reward outcome needs a smooth animation and execution.It is always deeply disappointing when you take that risk and rush in, knock down and you’re now standing, for mysterious reasons over 300 units away using 100B into thin air whilst facing the wrong way.

Simple outcome..greatsword rush and whirlwind attack don’t perform or behave as they were intended to. That means they need addressing. However instead hammer gets a another round of nerfs and these very well vocaled issues with GS don’t get touched. Was it never considered why great sword is so under used compared to hammer in PvP?

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

I am calling this post out. If you don’t have it on fraps, it didn’t happen. “easily pull out 15k+” as a warrior who has played every angle of great sword in PvP, even in glass canon zerker mode I have yet to see an ‘easy 15k+ minimum 100 blades.’ I simply don’t believe this happens easily..if at all.

PvE. Lol. I don’t care for PvP.
Greatsword is completely fine if is the best dps weapon for 70% of the game (WvW and PvE). Not every single bit of a class has to perform well in every single aspect of the game. The only valid concern is that rush has to hit more reliable. On the other hand, rush has to get nerfed because of the stupidly high mobility it offers.

Simple outcome..greatsword rush and whirlwind attack don’t perform or behave as they were intended to. That means they need addressing. However instead hammer gets a another round of nerfs and these very well vocaled issues with GS don’t get touched. Was it never considered why great sword is so under used compared to hammer in PvP?

Whirlwind isn’t behaving like it should be? Seriously? You know, you have to click in the right direction to get to your enemy. The only one who can make this skill failing is you as warrior. And I never had any problem with rush charging to a point 300 units away from the enemy. It bugs sometime, so you will stop two steps before your target or the charge animation wont stop, but other than that I can’t see any problem there. If you have that serious problems with hitting targets, you should check your internet connection.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

I wondered if my post actually made a difference with the upcoming changes to the greatsword. A-net has at the very least decided to fix the broken burst skill for the greatsword.

There seem to be a few people on the forums a little upset that 100b is getting nerfed along with some of the passive damage modifiers. While I can understand nobody likes the idea of nerfing their damage… just know this is a step in the right direction. It is very bad class design that using a burst skill results in a dps loss.

Good job to the QA team… while this may not address all of the issues for Greatsword Warriors I feel that this is a step in the right direction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Not sure if Warrior or Necromancer.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The skill was designed to have utility – that utility being the travel part.
The idea that if that was the intention it would have no damage is nonsensical to the extreme since ALL WEAPON SKILLS HAVE SOME DAMAGE VALUE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

Have you ever equipped a Warhorn on your Warrior?

I’d list more examples, but I’m “working”.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

“I am death, Incarnate!”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

The nerf to HB was totally uncalled for now i have twilight on him for nothing.
Since they nerfed skull crack i haven’t seen anyone ever get killed by this thanks arenanerf.
Can they at least split it for PvE? since when is warriors using it in pvp anymore.