Why ANet hate condition in PvE?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

GW1. Degen had a cap of -10. or -20 health a second. poison/bleed was already -7, Conjure phantasm was -5? Burning was -7 byitself I think. So long story short, its always worked this way in their games.

Cause honestly, if they removed the cap, GW1 would be degen wars, cause -30 degen would be easy to nab on Me/N for example, and would net you HUGE dps. And honestly, if we could stack 200 bleed on a mob, it would be kittenED how fast we could down it.

GW1 degen and GW2 Conditions are fundamentally different in that you didn’t have to specifically spec for degen in GW1. You just took a degen skill and it worked.

As for stacking 200 bleeds on a mob, it would require eight optimized appliers. It’d probably still deal less DPS than eight optimized Power characters pounding on it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Condition damage is a single stat. The anti-condition crowd keeps whining how you only need “one stat for it”. So can’t you just add the stat to your power setup? :P

(kidding)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

because conditions are flawed by design. They ignore toughness, so you could have an entire team of tanky mofos just condi spamming.

Wait.. that sounds like pvp.. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Somebody explained the thing that I think could fix this problem. Make it so criticals can work with conditions. There, you’ve added a new layer to this whole thing because then you can see ticks of bleeding, poison, torment, etc have random moments where it does double damage or something like that. It also opens the doors for new builds, and makes it so conditions can be effected by both ferocity and precision.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Somebody explained the thing that I think could fix this problem. Make it so criticals can work with conditions. There, you’ve added a new layer to this whole thing because then you can see ticks of bleeding, poison, torment, etc have random moments where it does double damage or something like that. It also opens the doors for new builds, and makes it so conditions can be effected by both ferocity and precision.

And what would this fix? The dps would still be lower then zerker while still needing 4 stats (plus whatever defense you need due to DoT) which gear can’t offer. You would be as glassy as zerker, do lower dps in peak performance and lose even more dps due the damage over time nature. It would be a great buff to rabid gear users but it would fix nothing.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why It can`t work like in WoW\Rift\Swtor or other MMO game?
WHen we fight world boss\dungeon creatures\open world content – some dragon or something else take condition damage from me and all players who damage him? He suffer from my bleed+burning and from others players bleed+burning or poison or torment. Those condition effects should not replace each other – it’s just absurd!
I understand the state of sPvP or WvW but in PvE it need to work in another way!

There isn’t anything absurd about it. There needs to be an appropriate balance between different damage categories for large scale raids for every player using any class to get appropriate credit for participation. If condition damage is unrestricted, it would probably have a significant impact on difficulty for this kind of content across the whole game.

The only question here is IF the balance right now is a good one. Unless Anet gives mobs a second HP bar for each damage category (1 for direct, 1 for condition), they will simply need to continue with the some sort of scheme where they restrict condition damage.