(spvp) mesmer too much damage for its utilty

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Regardless someone said its impossible for a mes to stun for more then 2 second but i beg to differ.

Mantra 1 second
Chaos storm 1 second and may stun multiple time
Shatter about 1 to 2 second depending on interval between the illusion shatter
Finish the job with the GS push and in theory you got your fifth second and all this time youve prety much been unable to heal

Hrm.
How do I say this?

Maybe the slightly passive aggressive way!
Let’s go back to the very basics. Stun is an effect which completely halts the target. No movement is allowed and only stunbreaking skills can be used. Daze is similar but careful, there’s an important difference up ahead. Dazes only prevent skill usage, and only character-based skills. Again, stunbreakers can be utilized ofc. Lastly, Knockback is something else entirely, and physically moves the target. Yes, you can stunbreaker out of it but it looks and functions quite different.

Up until the GS I was with you, assuming someone has CS traited. But then that’s already a bit patchy since your original complaint assumed a PU-wielding zerkery shatter spec (which doesn’t really exist, courtesy of lacking DE).
But… yeah well. No.

Sorry. Try harder next time.

(edit)
Added handy links to the wiki for newcomers. They explain the effects in detail there. Note that you can from there head over to the skills section and compare which classes and which weapons can field which effects.

And what if a guy actualy invented a shatter spec wich actualy do can run DE? the original shatter may not but as far as i recall running 6 0 0 0 0 6 is actualy possible as there is 13 trait point and you dont actualy need to have the clone on evade to do a kill within 3 to 4 second all you need is a about 6 clone or phantasm and you can have that by using 2 skill 1 utility then switching weapon and using 2 skill 1 utility again. Im not sure the guy did have the clone on dodge trait.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

So, a guy blew all his cd to chain cc you, and has nothing left to interrupt your heal/ big channeled utility? You should win that.

Won’t bait much as everything got covered, but shatter is a burst spec. Dodge the burst, and there’s nothing left.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Hes not so far from the truth however i recently saw a guy who actualy iniatiated a fight as 2h sword mesmer shatter build and prety much exploded a 2v1 at full health within 3 seconds and i aint joking it took him 3 second to down two players with some kind of shatter build. How i know it wkittenter? Well he was carrying around 15 permanant might and spammed stunlock.

As far as i recall he initiated with chaos storm fellowed by a stunlock shatterbomb and a damage shatter bomb then applyed another stun with the daze mantra. We both died from our full health before we could even react.

Counter to this? Get invulnerability or stability or die instantly because likely you wont have any time to dodge while stunned that chain litteraly does 20k damage or above and prevent any form of reaction!

You’re playing full squish and are mad that you took a full nuke from another full squish to the face?

Theres a defrence between behing squishy and getting the hell rocked out of you as a bunker. Ill also point out that i didnt had any time to heal or do anything post that nuke because thats exactly what it is, a nuke.

Out of over 100 bad mesmer using phantasm spams, PU and condition spam youl always meet one smarty who actualy know how to chain stunlock correctly and no mather how well you could normaly dodge or break out unless you got a very long time stability your in for a beating.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

oxtred.7658

ok I’ll try to be helpful ( even though I don’t see the point if you’re just there to ask for a nerf for everything beating you) :
Mesmers have two minor traits in domination, wich a shatter mesmer have access to in a common 4/4/0/0/6 build, that procs vulnerability on daze, and on interrupt. The situation you encountered is pretty simple. That mesmer used a lot of dazes in a short amount of time to cap yourself and your ally at 25 vuln. When facing a good shatter mesmer, keep an eye on the vuln stacks: when you’re at 15 or more, there’s probably a good shatter burst incoming. As you noticed, mesmers are quite good at control and “stunlocking” to an extent, if they blow a lot of cooldowns. If you’re not playing agressively, don’t dodge the f3 ( dazing shatter), just stand there and eat it, as the direct damage is inexistant and you don’t mind being interrupted if you’re not trying to burst. While you’re waiting for all the shattered clones to proc their daze, keep an eye on the mesmer, and dodge any phantasm/ sword 3 clone ( the animation is quite obvious for it). There’s chances the mesmer will now stealth after putting you vulnerable, so depending on your class either dodge after about 1 to 2 sec, or pop any damage mitigation skill and a few auto attacks to keep track of the mesmer. As a general rule, your goal is to obviously avoid the mind wrack at all costs. If it’s an instant shatter with all 3 clones exploding at the same time, dodge through it right before they get on you, and then keep the pressure, possibly by ccing/ blinding the mesmer as he will try knockback you out of melee range after his shatter failed. If the clones are delayed, dodging twice will get you in trouble for any remaining damage incoming, so reposition yourself with a blink, or use a channeled block/ invul skill to take all those shatters safely. If you’re getting stunlocked in your exemple, a) don’t panic, the mesmer is too busy throwing away useful cooldowns to do anything b) surprise the mesmer by, for instance, teleporting right behind them and using moderately damaging utility. THis is usually enough to make them panic and go far more defensive. Don’t rush in melee range if you see a shatter incoming, as a mesmer can gs 5 you if you’re within range. Guess that’s about all.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Did the usual shatter combination include mantra of distraction? Yea i noticed he stack like 25 vuln to and that clearly his goal is to 1 shot if anything he even wouldve got vuln proc on crit.

Note im not the OP i just pointed out some mesmer indeed are ridiculously strong for absolutely no reason, i didnt bother reading his post either as it looked like more clkittene. I dont hate mesmers in general i even play one but i think stunbreak mechanics would be long overdue for an upgrade.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Watch this, then, please:

in Profession Balance

oxtred.7658

In pvp, most mesmers don’t run mantra of distraction. It could happen, but no, usual shatter burst doesn’t include mantra of distraction. (portal/blink/ decoy are far more powerful). As a side not, you don’t need vuln on crit to cap at 25. Dazzing applies 5 vuln, and interrupting applies 3, without icd. 8 vuln per clones, so 24 vuln with a 3 clones f3 shatter. Also most people still try to auto attack between dazing shatter. Don’t. You’ll get interrupted and proc more vuln. It’s one of those time where doing nothing for one or two second is better than spamming everything.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Very inspiring altrought the guy didnt not use any of the tactics shown here. As i said he was a staff user. Still makes me want to try a few of these on my mes +1.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

If he’s using staff, look at Bamf Joe.

Either way, I’m showing you examples of legitimately bursting people down using multiple combinations of skills.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I never said it wasnt legit just that avoiding such combination should remain possible witheout the use of invulnerability or the waste of a 60 second stability. The guy clearly proven that he can actualy do that very burst every 20 second or less and he didnt even need a stun to perform it (altrought he did use immobilize). To that point im no longuer sure what is worse between the first that chain stunlock for 4 second or so in a nuking combo or the shatterspam GS play i saw just now.

I wont call OP its legitimate inteligent chaining however chains arent meant to be this hard to break out of.

in Profession Balance

Esplen.3940

Press v next time?

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Press v next time?

V dont work when stunned ;P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

i dont know what build it is i was trying to attack one today he was swapping positions keeping me locked bleeding and shattering and was killing me in a matter of seconds without being able to do anything, i then went spectator mode and he was actually doing this to everybody he was finishing the matches with points way above the rest and obviously did not die once.

i think mesmer has too much offense choices for the insane utility it has
i play hybrid/dps guardian and i did not even felt humiliated because they are so broken you cant even do anything.

I kid you not, I’m almost certain this was me.

Was it a purple/black sylvari with nightmare weapons using Sword/Focus – Staff? =P

(BTW. Interrupt Mesmer hardcounter DPS guards insanely. Once you have that GS out its GG, everything gets interrupted.)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

i dont know what build it is i was trying to attack one today he was swapping positions keeping me locked bleeding and shattering and was killing me in a matter of seconds without being able to do anything, i then went spectator mode and he was actually doing this to everybody he was finishing the matches with points way above the rest and obviously did not die once.

i think mesmer has too much offense choices for the insane utility it has
i play hybrid/dps guardian and i did not even felt humiliated because they are so broken you cant even do anything.

I kid you not, I’m almost certain this was me.

Was it a purple/black sylvari with nightmare weapons using Sword/Focus – Staff? =P

(BTW. Interrupt Mesmer hardcounter DPS guards insanely. Once you have that GS out its GG, everything gets interrupted.)

That explains it. Chaos, stop causing trouble for us! Get bad quick and start losing, kitten, or people will start asking for more nerfs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Wait, I can fix this! Your fight with the Mesmer probably looked something like this. or maybe this instead. (If the link doesn’t take you to 6:30 automatically check out the three back-to-back fights there.)

But maybe checking out this could help!

Interrupt Mesmer vs Guardian

Hopefully this video can help illustrate how to fight an interrupt Mesmer as a Guardian.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Mesmers can indeed do everything mentioned by the QQ’ers here against a target dummy.

Every single class has it’s share of stun breaks, condition removal and invulns that can be used in a fight. You can blow any one or heck, all of your cooldowns and survive the most vicious of chain lock/bursts.

This is a serious l2p issue. I guarantee you if you duel one of these mesmers for even 30 minutes, you’ll be twice as good, and more as you keep dueling. There are plenty of mesmers here that would be more than happy to help teach you how to beat us if you’re remotely serious about getting better.

More practice, less qq please.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

You dont always have those cooldown ready especialy invuln wich have way long cooldown.

Also i have no issue with how to beat mesmer its called jump them from behind their back and chain damage their face while puting a target over their head so to make sure everyone focus them at the same time. Also keep an invulnerability out in case off.

Ive killed shatter build before (god so squishy) im just saying that one had more CC then i could handle in a normal mesmer encounter situation.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You dont always have those cooldown ready especialy invuln wich have way long cooldown.

Also i have no issue with how to beat mesmer its called jump them from behind their back and chain damage their face while puting a target over their head so to make sure everyone focus them at the same time. Also keep an invulnerability out in case off.

Ive killed shatter build before im just saying that one had more CC then i could handle normaly.

So in other words, one outplayed you… Guess they better nerf it quick!

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

I thought everyone knew Mesmers are supposed to be free kills because their AI does all their work.

Us Mesmers are truly despised.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I think you dont realy see the defrence between behing powerless to fight back in a nuking chain (its like a rogue with 6 use of 1 second basilisk venom with you only having 1 stun breaker) and getting hit and killed by a bullrushing 2h sword warrior because you reacted poorly to the obvious combo. One is that the chain isnt obvious and is prety much instant casted with next to no tell second is that im not talking about daze but stun here wich means not only you got no ability but cannot move either.

The last time such thing did exist it was called 1 shot BS thieves. I praise his ingeniosity but i still think a 5 second stacking duration stun is somewhat overboard.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Regardless someone said its impossible for a mes to stun for more then 2 second but i beg to differ.

Mantra 1 second
Finish the job with the GS push and in theory you got your fifth second and all this time youve prety much been unable to heal

Hrm.
How do I say this?

Maybe the slightly passive aggressive way!
Let’s go back to the very basics. Stun is an effect which completely halts the target. No movement is allowed and only stunbreaking skills can be used. Daze is similar but careful, there’s an important difference up ahead. Dazes only prevent skill usage, and only character-based skills. Again, stunbreakers can be utilized ofc. Lastly, Knockback is something else entirely, and physically moves the target. Yes, you can stunbreaker out of it but it looks and functions quite different.

Up until the GS I was with you, assuming someone has CS traited. But then that’s already a bit patchy since your original complaint assumed a PU-wielding zerkery shatter spec (which doesn’t really exist, courtesy of lacking DE).
But… yeah well. No.

Sorry. Try harder next time.

(edit)
Added handy links to the wiki for newcomers. They explain the effects in detail there. Note that you can from there head over to the skills section and compare which classes and which weapons can field which effects.

And what if a guy actualy invented a shatter spec wich actualy do can run DE? the original shatter may not but as far as i recall running 6 0 0 0 0 6 is actualy possible as there is 13 trait point and you dont actualy need to have the clone on evade to do a kill within 3 to 4 second all you need is a about 6 clone or phantasm and you can have that by using 2 skill 1 utility then switching weapon and using 2 skill 1 utility again. Im not sure the guy did have the clone on dodge trait.

I would have to see this spec.
Because it sounds like a whole bunch of
“what if”

instead of showing a spec that works.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I couldnt see his entire build only figure he clearly had at least 6 0 0 0 0 that he wielded a greatsword stacked vuln like crazy and used a staff in off hand clearly with a zerker composition. As far as i know ive got no clue if he actualy ran 0 0 0 0 6 all i know is he overdpsed so much he litteraly killed 2 people in 3 second and several time all while praising his darn build all around.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I think you dont realy see the defrence between behing powerless to fight back in a nuking chain (its like a rogue with 6 use of 1 second basilisk venom with you only having 1 stun breaker) and getting hit and killed by a bullrushing 2h sword warrior because you reacted poorly to the obvious combo. One is that the chain isnt obvious and is prety much instant casted with next to no tell second is that im not talking about daze but stun here wich means not only you got no ability but cannot move either.

The last time such thing did exist it was called 1 shot BS thieves. I praise his ingeniosity but i still think a 5 second stacking duration stun is somewhat overboard.

It would probably be very obvious if you were more familiar with mesmers. How much time have you spent playing a mesmer? How many different builds have you run in pvp for a decent amount of time? Did you pm the mesmer and ask about their build, or ask to duel them 1v1 to learn how to fight it? Or did you immediately come to the forums to complain because you are so good that something must be broken for you to get beaten?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

If he was running a GS/Staff combination, it could have been a shatter spec 4-4-0-0-6 for the damage you mentioned. If thats the case, then the only way he could of stunned you would have been with Signet of Domination.

Signet of Domination is a default 3 second stun with the Sigil Paralyzation that would bump it up to ~ 4 seconds (every 45 seconds). With 4 in domination, the vulnerability would have had to come from a combination of "Daze’s AND “Interrupts”.

So basically, this guy would have had to do some work to get all those vulnerability stacks and then time his SignetOfDom/Mirror Blade/Mind Spike/Mind Wrack to do this “oneshot” every 45 seconds.

So yes its possible a Mesmer could do this…

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Wow. You really don’t know anything about this game, do you?

Ok, let’s start from the very basics:

• There are 5 trait lines per character.
  • You get 14 trait points in total, this is enough to buy two lines full and 2 points in another line or any other combination.
  • Suppose I use two traits to generate clones, say Mirror Images and Decoy (actually, also my only options). I can use Mirror Images to produce 2 clones, use whatever weapon ability that weapon has to produce another, I got 3, I shatter. I swap, I use a weapon skill to spawn a clone, use Decoy and… well.. am out of clones. Now I have to use a Phantasm, which is a slow skill to cast and easily interrupted.
  • No, if he had 6 Domination and 6 Illusion, he didn’t have Deceptive Evasion. As I said, 14 trait points.
  • Utility bar has 5 slots apparently. MoD and SoD for interrupts which you keep mentioning, Decoy and MI for clones which you keep mentioning, also need Blink because you really don’t leave your home without it. So without any of the utility you cry about, we need 5 utility slots? Uh huh.

Look, I get it. You’re angry. But can you please stop embarrassing yourself? You’re very obviously making stuff up because you got no clue what a Mesmer would actually do fighting you, because the situation you originally mentioned just didn’t exist. We know that. You know that. You don’t even have to admit anything, just realize it and walk away.

But stop trying to stick to an obviously made up story in the hopes of it becoming reality. You’re not a politician.

(edit)
Another thing you haven’t yet touched up: The game is balanced for 5 people on each side meeting in a 10-person fight. 1v1 is intentionally not being looked at for balance, because it is diametrically opposed to proper balance. You might think you need a fair fighting chance against any opponent but sorry no, you’ll semi-hard-counter some setups, you get semi-hard-countered by some others.

The game would be quite unbalanced if that wasn’t the case.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

That is a great video.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

As a dps guardian you should be either seriously harming mesmers or at least giving them one hell of a fight.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

It would probably be very obvious if you were more familiar with mesmers. How much time have you spent playing a mesmer? How many different builds have you run in pvp for a decent amount of time? Did you pm the mesmer and ask about their build, or ask to duel them 1v1 to learn how to fight it? Or did you immediately come to the forums to complain because you are so good that something must be broken for you to get beaten?

if we count it prety much the time it takes to lvl from 1 to 80 and it is on all classes. I thanks the other guy for pointing out i have 1 more zero then necesary but no im far from new and ive been playing since the release of the game. As for maximum trait yea im perfectly aware he cant have more then 13 point wich indeed means he either has deceptive evasion and do NOT have 6 in the last line or do not have deceptive evasion at all in wich case his build is hardly any more crippled because all he need is to score the damage once. Take note that he already add at least two clone out before even nuking so likely hes running some utility that helps him proc what hes missing. As i said hes not a normal shatter build at all and even runs mantra of distraction so you gota account for the free daze he can or not initiate with.

Ive ran spvp for at least a full year and a lot of build to. While mesmer was not my main (warrior and rangers are) i still do understand most of the concept behind it.

I tried to 1 v 1 him several time and when asking about his build he said he would not reveal it because it was some kind of super secret junk he recently made and wanted to keep it as such. I can only figure he doesnt run the regular shatter at all its more based on permastunning then on dealing direct damage and likely he has very little self survivability (Im to wonder what his bomber build is worth if he fails it but i could tell by his score it doesnt fail often)

Note that hes been very vocal in the map chat about how he created some kind of monster and been destroying tons of people with it. I wouldnt had bothered mentioning it on the forum if the guy didnt had been such an anoying prick. Also note that im not the OP of this topic i just noticed it existed and wrote that i did cross path with some kind of circus phenomenom unstoppable mesmer able to single handlely take down 2 player including a bunker guarding a point within 3 second. I dont play guardian in pvp either so if you want to give advice to a guardian your post are likely for the OP not me

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

If he was running a GS/Staff combination, it could have been a shatter spec 4-4-0-0-6 for the damage you mentioned. If thats the case, then the only way he could of stunned you would have been with Signet of Domination.

Signet of Domination is a default 3 second stun with the Sigil Paralyzation that would bump it up to ~ 4 seconds (every 45 seconds). With 4 in domination, the vulnerability would have had to come from a combination of "Daze’s AND “Interrupts”.

So basically, this guy would have had to do some work to get all those vulnerability stacks and then time his SignetOfDom/Mirror Blade/Mind Spike/Mind Wrack to do this “oneshot” every 45 seconds.

So yes its possible a Mesmer could do this…

Finaly someone here could actualy theorise something for this. All i know was that i indeed got hit with a VERY long stun duration and took about the full power of a 20k damage in the face along with a hit from mantra of distraction. So yea that the guy was running that signet do is possible. +1 slim

In wich case that would explain both the ridiculus stun duration and his ability to pop tons of clone. Well i guess the other guy that did NOT get stunned by the signet was just utherly bad because he could have moved out of the aoe with ease, i just figured he got just as controled as i was. Regardless thanks for actualy finding the issue now i know all i need to do to break that ’’bleep’’ build is to stun break that one signet and dodge out.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

Just let me tell you something guys:

A good Mesmer will never waste f3 randomly for Vul or luck interrupts on anyone. This skill is used only to interrupt obviously big animated + powerful skills or to interrupt heals, and it will never stunlock anyone unless it’s a certain build that has nothing to do with Shatter and is only played by 1% of the Mesmer community. Also, Signet of Domination is just a bad Signet and a waste of an utility slot lol.

Normally, Mesmers use Daze desperately against Thiefs, but saying that they can spam powerful stunlocks or w/e and kill you with that is bs. If you were killed by Halting Strike (that can proc just once per Skill interrupted + the internal cooldown of any Daze that don’t let you use any skill), or didn’t avoided an obviously and easily dodgeable Shatter burst you are obviously bad and don’t know how to manage your skills or fight against a Mesmer.

Just another L2P issue.

(edited by inhearth.2038)

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I told you i was stunlocked in the middle of chaos storm by a mind wrack by a 2h sword staff mesmer within 3 second. Its not called behing bad its just called eating a nuke in the face when not expecting it from a class that in most spvp situation actualy just ends up behing a simple endurance routine.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I told you i was stunlocked in the middle of chaos storm by a mind wrack by a 2h sword staff mesmer within 3 second. Its not called behing bad its just called eating a nuke in the face when not expecting it from a class that in most spvp situation actualy just ends up behing a simple endurance routine.

Yup, that one battle against that single mesmer, makes the entire profession OP.

Personally I use a stun breaker, then dodge roll out of the chaos storm. But your right. since you totally didn’t do that, the entire profession as a whole is OP and needs a great big nerf so that you can beat that one single player.

in Profession Balance

inhearth.2038

So don’t assume that the class can do things that it can’t. If you lost to a Chaotic Interrupt Mesmer or a bad Mes using Signet of Domination, it’s only your fault and you shouldn’t complain about the class being OP or assume things that you don’t know about

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

thanks the other guy for pointing out i have 1 more zero then necesary but no im far from new and ive been playing since the release of the game.Ive ran spvp for at least a full year and a lot of build to. While mesmer was not my main (warrior and rangers are) i still do understand most of the concept behind it.

I just wanted to highlight this gem right here

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Yup, that one battle against that single mesmer, makes the entire profession OP.

Personally I use a stun breaker, then dodge roll out of the chaos storm. But your right. since you totally didn’t do that, the entire profession as a whole is OP and needs a great big nerf so that you can beat that one single player.

I never said the class was OP this isnt even my topic i just posted a message in it to say there indeed are some very dangerous mesmer build running amok around. I said it before and ill say it twice again because people cant seem to read the entire topic and only jump on people at random like a mob of angry bees. I respect mesmer player and NO i dont think they should be nerfed but i think there should be some added counterplay to this kind of crap. I didnt say to nerf mesmer i said to buff stun breaker to a small stability like window of like 1 or 2 second after using one so to prevent over application. Now why dont you actualy go and hate on the bad guardian who actualy made this topic in the first place?

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I just skipped over the thread, so i might miss something but judging from your signature you are a ranger?

Both Signet of Stone and Lightning Reflexes counter a mesmer burst and can be used at any time even while stunned. Shatter mesmers got 1 burst every ~10s which is quite telegraphed and can be easily avoided most of the time.

On top of that, a shatter mesmer is about the squishiest build in GW2, maybe tied with glass thieves (they have less hp, but more armor and can trait for 100% crit backstabs, thus not needing to stack precision).

Maybe the mesmer got incredibly lucky with his chaos storm. It procs 1 out of chilled, poison, weakness and daze every second and always seems to screw me over. He outplayed/-lucked you and instead of qq’ing you should try to get better, like we all do.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I just skipped over the thread, so i might miss something but judging from your signature you are a ranger?

Both Signet of Stone and Lightning Reflexes counter a mesmer burst and can be used at any time even while stunned. Shatter mesmers got 1 burst every ~10s which is quite telegraphed and can be easily avoided most of the time.

On top of that, a shatter mesmer is about the squishiest build in GW2, maybe tied with glass thieves (they have less hp, but more armor and can trait for 100% crit backstabs, thus not needing to stack precision).

Maybe the mesmer got incredibly lucky with his chaos storm. It procs 1 out of chilled, poison, weakness and daze every second and always seems to screw me over. He outplayed/-lucked you and instead of qq’ing you should try to get better, like we all do.

actualy on that fight i was running an elementalist and my arcane shield got bursted within seconds. If i was a cantrip i could have blinked away but i actualy run arcane lightning in a fresh air build here. Dont say me to get armor of earths or to equip mist form those cantrips are realy awfull unless you plan on doing a trolling session altrought i guess i could use having a way out of this kind of mess instead of my free to cast when immobilized behind or long ranged arcane bolt (even in this case mist form is such a bad skill x.x). The warrior by my side however had little excuse for getting destroyed this quickly.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I told you i was stunlocked in the middle of chaos storm by a mind wrack by a 2h sword staff mesmer within 3 second.

So he cast Chaos Storm and then Signet of Domination to keep you inside the Storm. This also insured that his Mind Wrack shatters all hit their target. But it is a 45 second cooldown utility.

Meanwhile Rangers can knock you back every 15 seconds followed by rapid fire and/or barrage ALL on a single weapon.

Hambow Warriors can chain multiple cc’s while pounding on you.

Fear Necromancers can fear and re-fear, stacking conditions the whole time..

and so on and so on…..

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Well thats life bro cc are a part of the game.

Ranger dont one shot
Hambow dont one shot
Fear necro dont one shot

All those CC build takes serious time dealing their full dps and can be countered easily by simply dodging in the middle of the combo, theres no dodging to that thing however only a CC break or a stability and god knows you dont have an endless supply of them, all he ned to do is use 1 signet and your wide open to prety much all the rest.

So now prety much.. oh well dodge the signet if you can see it coming?

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

No man, just no…

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

No man, just no…

Warrior will take at least 10 second to kill you even with its best dps
A single rapid fire wont take out a player youl need more damage then that
Fear spam necro deals dot damage if you got some condi cleanse youl likely break the hell out of him anyway

Against that its realy called pop stability or dodge the signet.

in Profession Balance

inhearth.2038

And Mesmer has all the clone positioning, the right skill usage and the long cooldown utilities to setup one of the most easily avoidable burts in the game (that may not even burst someone entirely).

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

And Mesmer has all the clone positioning, the right skill usage and the long cooldown utilities to setup one of the most easily avoidable burts in the game (that may not even burst someone entirely).

That wont be avoidable if your stunned in the middle of it while frozen crippled and dazed. Shatter mesmer arent an issue as a general rule because as you say you can dodge them get out of immobilize with a cond cleanse etcé

in Profession Balance

inhearth.2038

you can dodge them get out of immobilize with a cond cleanse etcé

So yeah, you’re learning.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

No man, just no…

Warrior will take at least 10 second to kill you even with its best dps
A single rapid fire wont take out a player youl need more damage then that
Fear spam necro deals dot damage if you got some condi cleanse youl likely break the hell out of him anyway

Against that its realy called pop stability or dodge the signet.

cough ‘evisc’ cough

clearly u didnt play the game for a long time:

one shotting builds vs glaassy stuff:

fresh air ele: hey i even got a vid of me! http://youtu.be/7ZeHZUI-UuM

sd engi

shattermes

mace /gs war (takes some time to charge adrenaline + hit mace + 100b tho)
evisc war

a lot of thief builds , mostly backstab ones tho (dagger mh)

saw one crazy gs ranger build one time in hotjoin, stacking might, then using his gs2 w all utilitys to do 10-14 k dmg on glasses (his jaguar was hitting for 6-7 k during its stealth time)

lb ranger rapidfire if using all utilitys

medi guards

lich necros (idk , didnt pvp much since patch, but lich didnt get nerfed w its power no?)

i probably forgot several stuff, but anyway, thats my list for now..

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Mantra 1 second

Chaos storm is a Daze. you can still move.
A push is a push. not a stun.
…Stability?

Redacted, it’s been said.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I got a little picture here to show you, how squishy a glkittenter mesmer (2k armor) is.

Note that there are 2 rangers, thus the auto attack in between the rapid fire hits. Note that the auto attack hits for about 4k, which is twice what spatial surge (mesmer gs aa) does with half the cast time, so 4x the dps.

Also, judging by these numbers, 1 full rapid fire hits for 18k, which is enough to one shot me.

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

mesmer gsword is such easy damage. its kinda like ranger longbow in a way.
but yeah mesmer is not the simplest of classes, really good mesmers wreck.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Ok, I think you are lying or grossly exaggerating.

Seeing the Mesmer was using GS and Staff, to chain stuns, The Mesmer would had to have 6 in domination. The confounding suggestions GM trait gives a 50% of stun when you daze. You say you were stuck in a Chaos Storm which has a 25% chance to pulse a daze, therefore a 12.5% chance to pulse a one second stun per second you are in it. What’s next is the daze cc overrides the stun cc, so if CS fails to trigger a stun, you will be released into a daze. So you would need to trigger that 12.5% chance of stun on each pulse. (Someone else can do the maths, it was never my strongest point).
Unless the slimmest of chances proc’d here, you were able to dodge out of his burst, just failed to do so.

Next for the Mesmer to have a burst even close to what you say, he must have had 6 points in illusion for IP. As the trait says this creates the shatter effect on you as well, but the shatter on you follows the power damage of the first shattered illusion, and each following illusion shattered off the same shatter skill has a lower base damage. This means that IP increases an extra 1/3rd damage rather than 1/4 that the trait first suggests. It isn’t possible for the Mesmer to have gotten close to that kind of burst without it, so with 12 trait points already used that means he can’t have taken DE.

You say he used a 6 clone shatter without DE? On each weapon set Mesmers have one Phantasm (relatively high cooldown) and one clone summoning (lowish cooldown) skill. he would have had to summon all illusions off both weapon set’s +Then have taken mirror images as the only way to summon 6 clones. His other utilities as you say, were the mantra of distraction, and lets presume blink, as no Mesmer would ever enter pvp without it.

So what you’re telling us is, a glass Mesmer, without any condi removal, popped pretty much all of his cooldowns, and proc’d a miracle chance chain of stuns and bursted you down. All of this was happening to you and you didn’t think to pop your stunbreak/stab. I’m sorry, but this thread is bullkitten.

TL;DR: OP was outplayed by a Mesmer and doesn’t wish to l2p.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Gais gais Koobi is all knowing, he play everything purrfect and he is the one who is the right est about game, double range shatter mesmer easiest class to play, infinite clowns, unending stuns, a majillion armor health.

There is just no chance another player could be good and outplayed him, that other player had some secret hack that let’s him insta kill koobi’s.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA