Is it bad to keep coming first?

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Kexin.5946

Kexin.5946

I’ve been wondering about the events, in particular the event of Sanctum Sprint.
As I was participating in these events for the achievement, someone said to us “Plz winner leave no winner x2 leave plz stop winner x2 stupid noob fsxk i need acheivnmtnz” or something along those lines.

Now, seeing someone whine like this just made me want to beat him more, troll him more. But I was wondering what the general consensus was: Should we just people who want to win… win?

And is there some sort of expectation that “winner” should “leave plz no winner x2” nowadays?

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Try to focus on something else and prolong your experience a bit. No one is saying that being a minuteman is wrong, many people are but practice makes perfect! If you do, just make sure to return the favor and be a gentleman! Good luck!!

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

No, of course not. I’m terrible at racing games and jumping puzzles etc, and I managed to properly win the race, so people CAN do it.

Also, um, it’s a race. And the title is an achievement. People who ask for others to hold back so they can win have neither raced nor achieved anything, so it sort of nullifies the point.

If others who have won several times WANT to let others cross the line first, that’s an entirely different matter. That’s up to them. But really, come on people, it’s a race.

@Crovax – btw, this is coming from a lady.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I admit seeing the same person win over and over again can be annoying. However, it is a competition, although there are obvious tiers of competence among the participants. (and of course, those of us with less than stellar pings have no hope of first…..ever)

One would think that some people, that continually take first, would get bored – feeling like there isn’t really any competition. I kind of think that perhaps a ranking method might be helpful, similar to the hot join pvp – if you continually win, you get matched up against others that continually win (can take number of wins, time to finish, vs time of other participants to finsh, etc into the calculation here). Make it more competitive, in a sense.

The only time it bothers me, is when they start rubbing it in your face. But then again, I take issue with poor sportsmanship of any kind.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

No, of course not. I’m terrible at racing games and jumping puzzles etc, and I managed to properly win the race, so people CAN do it.

Also, um, it’s a race. And the title is an achievement. People who ask for others to hold back so they can win have neither raced nor achieved anything, so it sort of nullifies the point.

If others who have won several times WANT to let others cross the line first, that’s an entirely different matter. That’s up to them. But really, come on people, it’s a race.

To be honest, i don’t think you are talking about the same thing as me :>

LanfearShadowflame.3189

She’s not. You perv :p

But still, no we don’t appreciate it.

CrossedHorse.4261

Ooh, ranking achievement is a great idea, and would solve a lot of issues.

Poor sportsmanship is never good, is it? I agree that I would think the person winning for 3+ hours might think perhaps they should go and do something else, but some people really like winning, lol. I would admit to being annoyed if I saw this.

But equally, I cannot stand people demanding people just let them get things that others worked for. If someone wants to let them go ahead of them, that’s totally fine. I have no problem with that. I earned my title fair and square. But I HATE it when people demand such things as a right. It’s not a right. It’s a race, a competition. Blooming well compete and don’t be a sore loser, lol. :p

(Obviously, I’m agreeing with your point, Lan, not arguing with you! I just got lost in a mini rant there).

CrossedHorse.4261

Lol – yeah, slow on the uptake there – whoops!

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I’ll ask if anyone in the group has not gotten the title/1st. If I do not get a response, ill race for 1st. Otherwise ill go to very end, wait at the line for 3 people to cross & then cross myself.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ooh, ranking achievement is a great idea, and would solve a lot of issues.

Poor sportsmanship is never good, is it? I agree that I would think the person winning for 3+ hours might think perhaps they should go and do something else, but some people really like winning, lol. I would admit to being annoyed if I saw this.

But equally, I cannot stand people demanding people just let them get things that others worked for. If someone wants to let them go ahead of them, that’s totally fine. I have no problem with that. I earned my title fair and square. But I HATE it when people demand such things as a right. It’s not a right. It’s a race, a competition. Blooming well compete and don’t be a sore loser, lol. :p

(Obviously, I’m agreeing with your point, Lan, not arguing with you! I just got lost in a mini rant there).

I know, and I completely agree.

Even with my….uh…less than 10 fps (don’t even ask about my ping, its scary), I’ve never considering saying ‘hey, could you just…let me win this one?’ It just don’t work that way. 2nd place is my best thus far, and that was after 2 hours of straight racing (actually, might have been closer to 3, but who’s tracking here) last night. Still it got mighty annoying to watch the same 3 people take the top 3 spots in 99% of the races. Felt pretty kitten good I edged them out finally.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

it’s nothing wrong but I would appreciate that if someone stay back for me. I don’t ask in chat tho.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Letting others win so they can have a shiny trophy too is bad for character development.

Yes it’s just a game, but the win gained solely on your own perseverance is infinitely more rewarding.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’ve been winning 90% of the matches I join, people tell me to gtfo or let someone else win.

It made my winning percent going from 90% to 110%

I’m your worst nightmare.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Before the last patch, I would sit at the chest until the end, then place close to last, since it didn’t matter.

Post patch, winning is an extra few silver, so if I’m going to do 20 games, I’d rather take the extra ~60s. Now I just win, leave and join a new game, which is actually mean to someone else, since that’s how you can enter a game already over but with 4 minutes left.

If you’re farming it, you can save up to 4 minutes by leaving and joining a new one and leaving any new one too far in progress or entered as a practice round.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Most of the time I don’t finish at all.

The Burninator

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I’ve been wondering about the events, in particular the event of Sanctum Sprint.
As I was participating in these events for the achievement, someone said to us “Plz winner leave no winner x2 leave plz stop winner x2 stupid noob fsxk i need acheivnmtnz” or something along those lines.

Now, seeing someone whine like this just made me want to beat him more, troll him more. But I was wondering what the general consensus was: Should we just people who want to win… win?

And is there some sort of expectation that “winner” should “leave plz no winner x2” nowadays?

I’ve always considered the new race like Mario Kart…HAH. I can just imagine someone asking a friend if he could let him win in Mario kart. Lol not gonna happen…

My personal opinion is (and this is coming from a guy who has yet to place better than 4th) keep practicing! Just like anything in, well, life really, it’s gonna take time to get good at. Practice for an hour or so here and there and I’m sure the achievement will come in due time. Best of luck, everyone!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

As I’ve said before in other threads, some people have crappy connections due to where they live an they couldn’t win the race honestly if they tried.

OP, there’s no onus on anyone to not try as hard as they can. But that doesn’t mean that a person can’t be nice and allow someone to win if they want.

I beat the race, but I STRONGLY suspect people with me saw me struggling and intentionally finished behind me. The lag I get makes some of my jumps just go bad. And there’s nothing I can do about it.

In the Living Story section of the forums, there’s a thread with people from other countries complaining about the behavior of the skills in the game due to latency. I don’t have the same problems many of those people do, but I still get enough to make certain things difficult. Crab Toss from my house was almost impossible. It’s not like I can move to the US.

So if you want to help people, there’s nothing wrong with it, but you’re not obligated to do it in any way. Honestly if someone demanded it or whined about it, I probably wouldn’t help much either, but if I saw someone struggling, coming in last race after race, I probably would just sorta slow down.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

On our server, I have seen folks who have already gotten the first achievement stand aside at the finish line and allow others to come in.

That is a very kind, courteous thing to do. And I applaud those that choose to do so.

Anyone demanding that they do so needs to look up the word “entitled” in a dictionary.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The way I see it, you don’t get anything extra depending on your ranking, so there’s not much point in being competitive. If you already have first, then it’s nice to stand by the finish line so someone else can get their achievement.
Of course no one could force you to, and if they’re taunting you I’d probably do the same thing and keep winning just to stick to them.

Of course if others beat you and are waiting, then you shouldn’t be taking first place if you don’t need it, but I’m guessing that wasn’t the case.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No its an achievement. People need to earn it or its no achievement.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

We should do whatever we find fun.
I like letting people win, I don’t mind, really, but I don’t think people should be FORCED to let other people win or bullied if they don’t.
So many topics about this issue already… Can we just try to be nice to each other for once?
If someone is winning all the time and you think you can’t beat them, leave the race and join another one instead of being mean to the winner.
If you are winning all the time and people are being mean to you for that, report them, leave the race and join another one instead of replying harshly and giving them reasons to report you too.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

As someone who personally abdicates their wins, I say that no, there should be no expectation that you do the same.

If someone chooses to abdicate their victory, that is fine. But you should not have that forced on you. You should not give up your victory unless it is your choice. This is still a race after all.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

As someone who personally abdicates their wins, I say that no, there should be no expectation that you do the same.

If someone chooses to abdicate their victory, that is fine. But you should not have that forced on you. You should not give up your victory unless it is your choice. This is still a race after all.

This is true. People need the choice to be an kitten or not be an kitten .

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I throw myself off ledges or try new paths to prevent myself from getting first. :x Somehow I get in the top 3 still most of the time, unless I really get knocked around.

Pretty much once you memorize it and muscle memory kicks in its hard to fight it. I just embrace people slaughtering me with lightning mid-jumps. Always hilarious to me :x

I’d rather purposely make myself place lower then to stand at the finish line and let someone pass me. I think it takes the joy away from them.

SynfulChaot.3169

This is true. People need the choice to be an kitten or not be an kitten .

I don’t believe that is true. Choosing to win isn’t being a kitten. It’s wanting to take the win you’ve earned. Demanding for them to give up their win when they don’t want to is being a kitten.

If they want to take their wins and you don’t like it, then leave their game and find another that may help you more. Noone should be under any obligation to throw any games or not to throw any games. Expecting anything else is forcing your will on them. And that’s just not right.

And before you jump on me, I do abdicate my wins personally. I just don’t think I should demand others do as well.

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

We should do whatever we find fun.
I like letting people win, I don’t mind, really, but I don’t think people should be FORCED to let other people win or bullied if they don’t.
So many topics about this issue already… Can we just try to be nice to each other for once?
If someone is winning all the time and you think you can’t beat them, leave the race and join another one instead of being mean to the winner.
If you are winning all the time and people are being mean to you for that, report them, leave the race and join another one instead of replying harshly and giving them reasons to report you too.

I do something similar, though I try not to win these days since I’ve got the achievement, if I do find myself first I tend to let the person behind me run past the finish line first for their achievement.

At the end of the day, because of the achievement objectives associated with the content and the recent reward changes, you’re going to get a conflict of interest and there is no sure way to deal with it, why should you leave when it’s the perfect setup for you to farm? why should others leave because the winner is being “selfish” , they all have their right to be there and to do what they’re doing.

It might be more prudent to find common ground in someway, for example throw the match every now and again so someone else can come first or make an arrangement with an aggressor saying if he keeps second you’ll let him finish first.

Of course you don’t have to do that and just continue doing what you’re doing, you aren’t doing anything wrong per say.

Gabby.3205

I like the way you think, Dronzer.
See, I’m not saying that people should leave, I’m just advising them to leave instead of fighting, if they are being bothered by the situation. I mean, I remember that I got a lot of hate when playing Crab Toss because I had the title for winning already but I was still stealing crabs from people (I still wanted the title for stealing crabs and also I loved the game). Because of that, I kept leaving and coming back so I would always play with different people, since being called names all the time is something that really bothers me and I didn’t want to report and ignore so many people. I know that sometimes we say things that we don’t mean to say and that’s when the mess starts.
But if the person that is getting the hate is ok with just ignoring them and is not fighting back, great! I know that sometimes we get that urge to answer to this kind of stuff, but that’s not good for anybody. Likewise, if someone is bothered by the fact that they can’t get first place, it is way better to leave the current race and join another one than to go griefing the winner.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

In my opinion, it depends on the case. If someone just comments about, “Man, tough competition in here!” or something I’ll offer to hold back if he needs the achievement, or if someone seems upset that I’m continuously placing first or something I may let them ahead of me.

But if they’re being a jerk and whining about it, then no, I’ll keep playing just because of that. The achievement is in place for people to defeat other players for a reason, it’s the idea behind the achievement. And if you’re going to whine and complain about me being an kitten or something for playing as intended, then no.

It’s the same as finding duelers in sPVP matches not set up for dueling. If someone says, “Please stop, we’re dueling,” I’ll apologize and back off. I mostly just sPVP for my daily and when I’m bored, I’m not a win hoarder. But if they immediately jump to, “F***ING STOP OMG WERE DUELING DUMB***” then I’ll happily kill them just because they’re being obnoxious. How was I supposed to know you were trying to duel/get the 1st place achievement for hours/etc.?

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

If someone keeps winning then the person(s) whining should just leave and find another match.

No sense in crying about it. If that person wants to keep winning, maybe it’s selfish, but it’s their decision.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

To a degree, if you are so skilled that no one can claim the hot seat from you, then you really should back off. The majority of players I feel, don’t play the mini games because they enjoy them, they play for the achievements, which now have a reward system requiring us to bust kitten to obtain the interesting content they are pumping out. Not everyone is a skilled player, and not everyone will become skilled after playing for hours, even if they could, they don’t all have the time. We just want to enjoy the content and get on with our lives. But since you do have the skill that it is obvious others lack, then they will never win unless you grant a little breathing room.

Need I remind you, this is an online game, which is all about cooperation and team work, so do you part and help the others out.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

A good person would want to help others get the achievement. An average person wouldn’t care, but may help if asked. A not so good person would be fully aware they they are preventing others from getting the achievement and actively try to make sure others don’t win.

It has nothing to do with entitlement, competition, “earned vs. given”, etc… The right thing to do is obvious and how masters of this race act on that reflects on them as an individual.

It’s just a game. Whether that is an excuse to act badly or an opportunity to help others at no real cost to one’s self depends on each person.

I’m not saying that once you win you should never try to win again, but if even every other race you hang back, or stop short to allow someone you know needs the achievement to get it, you are a better person for it. Even better would be seeing a group of people in the same race who already have the achievement hanging back together every other race to allow the others to compete with each other.

ANet could have designed this in a way that would have been better for experienced runners and those struggling to get a win. Why not have an expert queue for those who have already run the race to compete, with a slightly better reward for competing against other “experts”? No achievement, just an outlet for people who are really good at the races to compete all out with out having to worry about denying others the achievement?

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Personally, if I get to the finish line first, I’ve won. I don’t need to cross it to prove to the other 11 players that I’m super awesome. I’m fine handing 1st place to someone because 2nd is a pretty good accomplishment too, and it doesn’t hurt my ego to see my name in 2nd place if I know I’ve done it intentionally. Now if the 2nd place player happens to be someone I recognize as having already won, I’m gonna cross that finish line first cause that’s 2 extra silver.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

What about a Compromise? …. go join a Different instance perhaps?
If you’re so gooood…. that you keep coming in First, then shouldn’t that be your next step anyway?? Trying to find other competitors who are also on your level? If you’re just camping the same instance … then you can indeed be accused of “staying in the kiddy pool” and all your wins, are only wins because they’re against far less experienced runners.

Is that what you want want to be known for??

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I actually won a few races — to my complete surprise since I do not tend to be very good at this sort of thing. And I started to feel bad about it, especially when I came first four times in a row yesterday while finishing off an achievement. Then the guy who came in second started insulting and /threatening me, after I’d complimented him on a close chase. He got a report and I was glad I had not stood aside to let him win, as I had briefly considered doing.

I like this minigame quite a bit and will keep doing it while it lasts. Still, that one tosser aside, if I find myself on a winning streak again I’ll probably just /dance in front of the line or something. Getting a win or an achievement “legitimately” feels good, but so does helping others, as long as they’re not being whiny brats about it.

I’d definitely second the suggestion for split queues (and for the race to remain as a permanent fixture — seriously, why would I ever pick Belcher’s Bluff over this?).

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

Just yesterday I was at the finish line and sat down in front of it for a minute and a half waiting for the second guy to come up and pass me out so he could win and then follow him afterwards.

He then started harassing me, dancing naked in my face, laughing and calling me a loser.
I polite told him exactly why he won and rather than care, he continued to laugh

Forget being nice. For eveyone like me who tries to be nice, their are 8 kitten Norns.

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Just yesterday I was at the finish line and sat down in front of it for a minute and a half waiting for the second guy to come up and pass me out so he could win and then follow him afterwards.

He then started harassing me, dancing naked in my face, laughing and calling me a loser.
I polite told him exactly why he won and rather than care, he continued to laugh

Forget being nice. For eveyone like me who tries to be nice, their are 8 kitten Norns.

Well there are certainly kittens…. but the first and only time I won first place, was when the person who had been first stopped to dance at the finish line. I wrote him a very nice letter accompanying 2 gold. Not everyone is ungrateful, and your kindness is not wasted. Moreover, help the right person, and it will be rewarded. Most of my friends list is filled with names of people who have helped me, so I spend my time playing with the hope that I can return the favor.

And no, I did not bribe him, he stopped out of his own kindness and I wanted to express my appreciation… which is not to say I hadn’t considering bribing everyone after 50+ straight losses.

(edited by Mia Lunarfang.5826)

Gabby.3205

Hey! The norns are one of the kindest race of all, tied with the sylvari! They are all like “you must visit more often” and “the spirits of the wild welcome you” when you talk to them. Say “grawl” instead, or “ettin”, or maybe “jotun”. Jotun are foo, they never share with quaggans (therefore they must be killed, according to Pastkeeper Oldoo).

In all seriousness, I’m sorry for your bad experience. Some people never learnt to be kind and polite in their lives, and that’s sad.
I’m glad I didn’t experience something like that yet, though some people in Crab Toss were pretty nasty to me during the Southsun part of the Living Story.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

This is the world we live in. People don’t want to earn their victories, they want them handed to them. I know this is a game and it’s not real life, but it has real life ramifications: if you want the achievement, then win the race. That’s how it works in real life and only gets worse the older you get. People want the rewards but don’t want to work for it, and it’s not only sad, it’s aggravating.

Now when there’s someone griefing who’s only trying to get first so other people don’t get the achievement, then yes, that’s the problem, but we all know the majority of folks who will complain about this just don’t want to put in the skill or the competition for the achievement. They want it handed to them.

SynfulChaot.3169

Now when there’s someone griefing who’s only trying to get first so other people don’t get the achievement, then yes, that’s the problem, but we all know the majority of folks who will complain about this just don’t want to put in the skill or the competition for the achievement. They want it handed to them.

Not true there, Wol. Many of the people I have seen speak on this are those with internet connections that have too much lag for the skills to work properly. People who can’t even use the lightning skill without it rubber-banding them back and killing them. People who, with a proper connection, could probably do just fine.

Please don’t presume that all wanting assistance are unskilled players wanting everything handed to them and we won’t assume you’re a selfish player.

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Matching consistent winners against each other would give them a continued challenge, would be great to see that. It would also help those who are still learning, a chance to compete against similarly skilled racers.

I also wouldn’t mind waiting for a bit as the roster for a new race fills up, than be tossed into a race in progress. For most PvP it isn’t really an issue but the race is a bit different.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

It would be nice to race against some really competitive people (every once in a while). After all, I get a reward at the end, so I don’t care too much if I lose. And it might be interesting to watch others and see what they do.

Though really, most of the “competitive” people just abuse the heck out of the Fake Powerups, which doesn’t really take much skill at all. Not sure if I want to run a race where everyone is placing those in every unavoidable gap…

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Someone let me win. I then legitimately made it to the line first about three/four more times while I finished the other achieves. I always waited to cross the line until at least three people had passed me.

They also stuck around and “won” legitimately on their own. I think it’s very nice for folks to let other people knock out the achieve. But it’s not the end of the world if they don’t. Practice,along with learning the track and power ups, will get most people there.

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

I think one should let others cross the finish line that don’t have the achievment. That is what I do and it makes me sad that there often is that-one-guy that plays it competitive, no matter what.
I understand why people refuse to let someone else win, but you can’t say"for loot" because there’s no material reward in being 1st or 12th, nor do I think it makes one happier.

Seeing others finally get their title and be happy, makes me happy

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Posted by: O Mixanologos.6783

O Mixanologos.6783

yeah it is bad.let the people get the achivement.when i got the “first three”achivement i always stopped before the finish line and let somebody else get it.i dont understand what you are trying to prove by finishing always first.you think you are in the olympics?these things ruin the feeling of a good community.its selfish and pointless trying to finish first all the time.

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I have yet to find a room where I can’t place first every time, so I always pass the victory. It would be great if more of these events they add we’re like random arenas in gw1 wher you get bracketed. It would have made dragonball awesome, though in this event, a match between elite players would probably be decided if one of them got three aspect masters on the first three lines.

SynfulChaot.3169

People finish first because they got there first and choose to take the victory. There is not a problem with that nor should we pressure them to change how they play. Yes, it is more beneficial to the community to assist others. But technically it is a race and first place does get better rewards from second through last.

If someone chooses to help you out, that is great. If someone does not, there is nothing wrong with that either. It is not selfish to win. Demanding or looking down on others for winning is a shame and bad for the community.

I, personally, allow others the win, despite often getting to the line first. But that is how I choose to play. I do not try to force others to play that way. You should not either.

Winning is not a right. It is supposed to be worked for. Whether that work is getting there first, getting there after someone else and them passing on the win, or working with everyone to get the win. Whatever the method, it is work. It is not something that is given for zero effort.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The topic title made me go o_O

Posted by: LightOfTheMoon.4261

LightOfTheMoon.4261

I was finally able to win a race today.
In the end, nobody let me win. I eventually won because:

• I learned how to use the skills properly, particularly how to exit skill 2 before falling off the edge (I’m ashamed to say how many times this happened to me )
  • I learned the layout of the map, so I could tell which power-ups were there by design, and which were fake, put by other players
  • I learned the alternative, faster paths, and to time my Grounded skill properly when taking these

I guess you can say, the reason I finally won was because, at the time, I was finally the best runner on the map (after coming in 2nd and 3rd more times than I would like to count).
But still, how I hate people who won time and time and time again …
It doesn’t hurt you in any way to give up your victory to someone who needs it for the title; you don’t have anything to gain by winning more than once.
Personally, after I finally won, I stopped racing, to give others a chance. I had already spent 5 hours of my Saturday doing nothing but race in the mini-game, and my nerves were stretched thin (at one point, I even lost my temper and called out a player on how selfish he was; I needed to take a break just to cool off after seeing him beat me several times to 1st place).
If you can give up your victory to someone who needs it, trust me, you will be appreciated as a person – and this is something I consider a far better reward than coming in 1st for the nth time.
Thank you for reading what I had to say. As a bonus, here are some screenshots from the top of the structure at the end of the race:

Attachments:

Ascalonian, Sir, and proud of it!
Playing on Seafarer’s Rest
Ellen! Ellen! She’s our woman! Don’t vote Charr! Elect a Human!

Mia Lunarfang.5826

This is the world we live in. People don’t want to earn their victories, they want them handed to them. I know this is a game and it’s not real life, but it has real life ramifications: if you want the achievement, then win the race. That’s how it works in real life and only gets worse the older you get. People want the rewards but don’t want to work for it, and it’s not only sad, it’s aggravating.

I would agree with you, were this not a temporary event, an achievement that we have somewhere from 2 weeks to a month to complete. Many people have bad internet connection, so even if they are skilled players, they cant push those skills to their full potential. Others, are busy with work and everyday life, and don’t have the time to become skilled enough (or lucky enough) to win. For me, it is a matter of time, as I go on vacation tomorrow for a week and will likely miss the upcoming releases, so spit on us if we can’t keep running race after race to finally win. Its not about win/lose, its about obtaining content.

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

I’m one of the players constantly winning races, and trust me, i’d love to have a bracket where all skilled players are pooled together… Cause it means quicker races without dancing between instances!