Human Cultural Armor in the Gem Store [Merged]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I was gonna get this and convert this to PvP. I agree that it unfair to those who bought t3, but it’s the closest that any of us PvP’rs will get to obtaining t3 light for humans. I guess i’ll have to get to rank 80, but oh wait… that’ll never happen. The skin was really nice, even if it was just fire on t3. It was the only one i’d really get since the heavy and medium look bad. Should put two versions, it’s not fair to the people who already bought this with gems, and they’re gonna rework the design.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Many of us find the concept of cultural armor ridiculous. Many of us prefer choice and choice is extremely limited in game. Especially when the art department has a very quirky sense of style.

For those whom already own the T3, they bought it because they liked it. All that I see in these complaints are spoiled individuals wanting to deny others. It’s as simple as that. You have and you don’t want anyone else to have it too. There’s words for people like that….

So where is the Norm tier 3 heavy for everyone? The charr heavy? The Asura light? Oh right, you are just being ridiculously selfish.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Skinned over previously transmuted armor:

I placed the skin over previously transmuted armor (3 CoF and 3 temple, which I mix and matched lower tier armor skins onto). If we select a refund, when the new armor is released, will we receive transmutation stones to reapply previous skins? I don’t know how a double transmutation works with the splitters… My skin choices were cheap ones, but I imagine some people may have applied over other skin upgrades, which might make this even more complicated.

Early purchasers: I would optimally like to see a chance to keep this style on my norn, though I appreciate that it does diminish the t3 for humans and will defer to that, though with great pains.

Is there a redesign suggestions thread?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Araleg.3152

Araleg.3152

After reading more opinions on this matter, yeah… i no longer agree with the removal of this skin.

I never considered the fact that other players would then purchase dyes/ makeovers to fit with the armor yet alone replace existing rare skins. Those players who in good will supported this game are now being punished for making a purchase. These players are now facing the possibility of losing their original armor skin and any further investments they had made to their characters asthetics.

I find it funny how the exact same thing happened in another game and has been loved ever since (mostly). You know that hat i purchased, well now its an unusual with particle effects…better demand the removal of unusuals…oh wait.

Honestly i dont see why Anet dont just make an upgrade vendor, allow owners of the 100g set to trade in their parts + some gems. I would have loved to have seen reskins of the other T3 variants.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

Honestly, everyone should be upset that they’re rehashing skins and putting them up for $10 each, anyway.

Not to mention I just purchased this set as soon as it came out. And if they put up another rehashed skin I’m going to be upset I spent $20 to get the set and something else, when I would have just spent $10.

Also, I think the idea of Cultural armor is silly, anyway. I think all of them should be available to everyone. All of the races have nice cultural armor.

(edited by Arrelaine.5692)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I think there is an over reaction here. A lot of people have been complaining T3 cost too much and/or cultural armor (and order armor) should be open to everyone. Now there is an opportunity yet people selfishly want to prevent others from getting it. Think of it as the first step to getting other culture armors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

People bought or used dyes, weapons/skins, minis, hair/makeover kits, character slots etc. specifically to use with the new armor skin. People invested time and money/gold in putting that together. They passed on opportunities to use that time and money in ways that would have resulted in having something they want or doing something enjoyable rather than using it on something that is taken away from them.

If you used a dye, you get the dye back, if you bought a weapon skin, the purchase is refunded, if you used a makeover kit, you get the kit back and your looks are restored, if you spent gold, the gold is returned…should I go on? What part of this concept isn’t making sense?

The part where you take something away that people wanted enough to invest time and money into and they are left with nothing but a bad experience? People made a purchase of something that they like and enjoy. How hard is it to understand that taking that away and leaving them without what they purchased and enjoy isn’t fair?

Unless they get something else that they would rather have, they’re being treated unfairly. The gold/money they spent is obviously not what they would rather have, otherwise they wouldn’t have exchanged it for the item. ANet can’t give back the time at all. And there is no magic way to give everyone who purchased the new skin each something they would rather have for the amount of time/money/gold they invested.

So what I’m gathering from your posts is that the weeks or months other players spent gathering gold to buy a unique item they could enjoy mean kitten all, but somehow the 45 seconds you spent entering your credit card info are sacred? Understood, and moving on since clearly you’re too obtuse to see the other side of the argument.

Back to the ad hominem attacks and disingenuous reframing of my position, hunh?

I never said that people didn’t have a right to their complaint. I’ve even said to enjoy having what you wanted after the decision was made. But, the proposed solution, the the one ANet has settled upon, isn’t fair to those who are having something they like being taken away from them without fair compensation (unless they miraculously pull off a fantastic skin that appeals to all the people that bought the first one).

And how would it be fair to the people, like myself, who waited until today to buy the light armor skins. I bought the gems as soon as I signed on today for the sole purpose of buying those specific skins (before I noticed they weren’t there). So why should those of you who rushed to purchase them get the privilege to keep them, when those of us who took our time (thinking they would still be there) get shafted?

The way they’re doing this is the only rational solution. Everyone can cry all they want, but they’re going about this the right way.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but please don’t start the crying thing with me. There has been quite enough of that sort of stuff already but at least we managed to avoid that. I didn’t use it when people raised their complaints, please be equally considerate.

I’m not exactly sure how what I wrote is unfair to you. If anything, you’re being denied the ability to buy it because of complaints from others, not me. But, if you think things are being done the right way, you have no complaint at all and buying the item today would’ve been, by your standards, the wrong thing to do anyway.

I bought the skin. It is on my character now and I like it. I bought other things to go with it. I spent time gathering and running dungeons to get those things. At some point in the future, barring an artistic miracle from people who haven’t been knocking it out of the park a lot lately, what I bought will be something I am unhappy with and the items I worked for to go with it will be useless. In that event, it is fair that ANet puts as much effort into ensuring I am as happy with my character as they are putting into making sure people with the T3 set are happy with theirs. If that means something more than 800 gems, and more than strict financial remuneration for items, then that is fair as well.

How much would it cost to get an item that deletes an item off another player’s character with the side effect of making a bunch of their other stuff worthless? People got a lot more than 119 gold worth out of buying that T3 armor. That same added value should be provided to their victims.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And how would it be fair to the people, like myself, who waited until today to buy the light armor skins. I bought the gems as soon as I signed on today for the sole purpose of buying those specific skins (before I noticed they weren’t there).

Ask for a refund now, if you bought them with gold the exchange rate shouldn’t have moved much.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

After reading more opinions on this matter, yeah… i no longer agree with the removal of this skin.

I never considered the fact that other players would then purchase dyes/ makeovers to fit with the armor yet alone replace existing rare skins. Those players who in good will supported this game are now being punished for making a purchase. These players are now facing the possibility of losing their original armor skin and any further investments they had made to their characters asthetics.

I find it funny how the exact same thing happened in another game and has been loved ever since (mostly). You know that hat i purchased, well now its an unusual with particle effects…better demand the removal of unusuals…oh wait.

Honestly i dont see why Anet dont just make an upgrade vendor, allow owners of the 100g set to trade in their parts + some gems. I would have loved to have seen reskins of the other T3 variants.

I agree with you.

Yesterday i bought this armor and Self-Style Hair Kit spending gold, and Abyss dye for my new elementalist that i just start playing, because the armor fits the class.
Now they want to replace it, and looking the medium and heavy armor, i don’t have any hope it will look good.

This is why they can’t refund us properly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

I agree with you.

Yesterday i bought this armor and Self-Style Hair Kit spending gold, and Abyss dye for my new elementalist that i just start playing, because the armor fits the class.
Now they want to replace it, and looking the medium and heavy armor, i don’t have any hope it will look good.

This is why they can’t refund us properly.

Yep. Because of the way medium and heavy sets look like, I already know I’m getting a refund. Too bad this became my favorite set for my Redvari already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeTechTive.9251

DeTechTive.9251

I think it’s total BS. The light armor was the only one worth looking at. I would have bought it yesterday but had to put some money in my bank today and so I come home and drop some cash to buy gems and flip over to get the armor and…. it’s gone. But everybody who bought it yesterday gets to keep it? I find this whole situation ridiculous. People whined about it since it’s tier 3, but better looking. So what? If you like it better than just use the new version right? What’s the problem, I play sylvari exclusively and I dislike “ALL” of my cultural armors for all armor types. Kind of limits my selection.

Just P.O.‘d that I made it a point to run to bank after work today to put money in account JUST for this armor that I now cannot get. kneejerk reaction, if people that bought it get to keep it, maybe you should have left it for one more day with, oh I dunno, a message about its limited timeframe maybe? Very upsetting as I was super amped about this set for my Ele. Judging by the other 2 armors I’m not holding any hope that the new version will be worth a crap. They flamekissed 2 of the lamest “IMO” armors available. Light was the only good one. Way to go community!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This whole thing is a hot mess. First the light kicked on HT3 and now they are talking about changing it for the people that spent RWM to buy it. People that spent more gold and such on dyes to match it. Now it is up in the air what the new one might look like. Staff in some threads say it will be great but hehe we have heard that before. What a kittening mess.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeTechTive.9251

Well maybe they should just redo the other 2 armor types too since the “staff” say the redo will be great. But if it’s a reskin of crap armors like they did with the other 2. Maybe they had statistics that said these skins were under-utilized so tried to revamp them. Sorry Anet, they still suck. Adding fire to them doesn’t change that. Human t3 was already awesome so it didn’t need much help.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

They should, but no one’s complaining as loud over the other two sets as they did the light one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

They should, but no one’s complaining as loud over the other two sets as they did the light one.

That’s because the light one has particle effects and even though it mirrors the HT3 armor those that have HT3 are complaining not because of the exclusiveness of it, but because they want the particle effects. The human T3 exclusive argument is nothing more than that. Had the gem store armor not had the effects it would have never been an issue. Anything else is a lie.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

There was no way for them to look good when they released and there is no way to make everyone happy now. Their best bet would be to pull all three, actually make meshes that are unique and update all of these armor sets. Even though I was offended most by the T3, they are all horribly lazy and can only be viewed as quick cash grab. The medium skin has messed up the original version of the armor and your coat is no longer visible between your legs from the front. I don’t know of a heavy problem, but if you are going to make the effort to redo one(hopefully such a good job that you will please the people that bought it) you should make the effort for all three.

Speaking of armor and cultural armor, please fix T2 norn light wich has messed up your arm tattoos and your arm clips through the other sleave, a complaint I made the first month of the game that has never been addressed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeTechTive.9251

That’s because the light one has particle effects and even though it mirrors the HT3 armor those that have HT3 are complaining not because of the exclusiveness of it, but because they want the particle effects. The human T3 exclusive argument is nothing more than that. Had the gem store armor not had the effects it would have never been an issue. Anything else is a lie.

That makes no sense at all. Complaints are because it is a cultural armor (read: exclusive) available to all races AND it looks better AND it costs LESS gold than T3 AND you don’t have to buy/use transmute stones to use it. Added particle effects hardly caused the uproar.

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

That makes no sense at all. Complaints are because it is a cultural armor (read: exclusive) available to all races AND it looks better AND it costs LESS gold than T3 AND you don’t have to buy/use transmute stones to use it. Added particle effects hardly caused the uproar.

So if the new HT3 didn’t have the particle effect you would not care? Funny… I have seen many threads in the suggestions forum asking for cultural armor to be available to all races. Those threads got a lot of support. All of a sudden armor that looks like HT3 with effects is in the gem store and people flip out. Oh wait, never mind it is about gold that was spent by people months ago to get their HT3 and now there is a version with effects and they want that too…. I see…

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lygerain.7319

lygerain.7319

Removing the armor from the store is just going to cause more problems for the people who want this armor for their char. I don’t think there is a good solution for both side to be happy this being the people with T3 or the people who spend or going to spend gold/real money for gems.

I think this is what Arenanet should do.

1. Keep this armor in the store.

2. Design a NEW light T3 armor for humans(since the damage is already been done and I’m pretty sure some would want that armor on their Norn and Sylvari).

3. Let the people who have the T3 version choose to keep the original or get the flame.

4. People who have the T3 version get their 120+gold and transmutation crystal back or give the amount back for each piece they have purchase in their account so they can buy this new design one and trans mutate the skin.

5. Make the former light T3 human no longer human only and have it available in the gem store.

For the designing of a new T3 light armor for humans I think you can use an existing design from Guild Wars 1(I’m pretty sure some people would love to see these armor again in Guild Wars 2 with the enhancement). Let the players vote for the design, one for female and one for male.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DeTechTive.9251

I’m all for unlocking all cultural armors. And also would immediately solve this problem and they could put it back in gemstore with no real damage done. I find the idea of cultural armor restrictions silly. Who can stop somebody from wearing something? Maybe they say we won’t sell this to you. As if other races blacksmiths couldn’t hammer out some random design replicating a “look”. Cultural gear is cool, but restricting isn’t to me. (My opinion of course.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So where is the Norm tier 3 heavy for everyone? The charr heavy? The Asura light? Oh right, you are just being ridiculously selfish.

How do you know they aren’t on there way? Did you give Anet a chance? Maybe every two weeks they were going to start rolling them out? Maybe they have data on which are the most popular and were only going to make modified version of them to give people choice? btw…. by asking for choice and opportunity for everyone, that would be the opposite of being selfish.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

I agree, no limits on cultural armor. If you have the gold to spend, you should be able to grind for it. I’m a Sylvari, and arguably the TA gear looks better than most my Cultural. So I’ll gladly trade to get access to the others.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Ugh. Can you just make this skin more expensive or something? I had just deleted a level 80 character earlier today to make room for another on whom I was planning to purchase the skin for SOLE reason that it’s the only light armor that I like. People are kitten ed; I get it. Instead of dangling this carrot and whisking it away, though, can you just make it so that it’s more expensive than the 119g skin people are so concerned about?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I say no to cultural armor being available to all races. That defeats the purpose of it being cultural/racial armor.

Flamkissed light skin = 64g with fire animations/particle effects

Regular Light T3 Human = 119g with no animations/particle effects.

What a slap in the face to the people who bought the regular T3.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fizban.2913

Fizban.2913

IF they are going to reskin the Flamekissed armor set. The least they can do is update the human tier 3 armor with the glowing effects. Why waste such a beautiful thing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

The nature of this mishap inherently was going to result in things being unfair for one side of the argument. This was a no-win situation, and their solution is the best possible damage control they’re likely capable of.

Quoted for truth. Whenever a poor strategic business decision is made, someone’s going to get screwed over in the cleanup. Leaving the armor in the game doesn’t satisfy the people who appreciated t3 cultural for its exclusivity, and taking it out of the game doesn’t satisfy the people who rushed to throw money at Anet and may not get the refund to which they feel they are entitled. There is literally no way to appease both of these groups. Anet made a calculated decision here, and I for one am genuinely shocked that they didn’t side with the money. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless.

Any further discussion of the topic will probably boil down to “screw him over, I was here first.” “No, screw him over, I payed you $10.”

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

I’d be willing to bet, but it is too late now, if the light armor in the gem store didn’t have particle effects but still looked close to HT3 there would not have been close to the uprise we have seen.

It wasn’t so much about being exclusive but more so, “It glows now! Not fair!”. The, “But I bought HT3 to be exclusive.” was just an excuse to complain for not getting the particle effects. If Anet had said everyone that had HT3 will get the effects I bet there would have been many, many less complaints. GMAB

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

They should take the other two armors off, too. It looks too much like the other sets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fizban.2913

Fizban.2913

I think it’s total BS. The light armor was the only one worth looking at. I would have bought it yesterday but had to put some money in my bank today and so I come home and drop some cash to buy gems and flip over to get the armor and…. it’s gone. But everybody who bought it yesterday gets to keep it? I find this whole situation ridiculous. People whined about it since it’s tier 3, but better looking. So what? If you like it better than just use the new version right? What’s the problem, I play sylvari exclusively and I dislike “ALL” of my cultural armors for all armor types. Kind of limits my selection.

Just P.O.‘d that I made it a point to run to bank after work today to put money in account JUST for this armor that I now cannot get. kneejerk reaction, if people that bought it get to keep it, maybe you should have left it for one more day with, oh I dunno, a message about its limited timeframe maybe? Very upsetting as I was super amped about this set for my Ele. Judging by the other 2 armors I’m not holding any hope that the new version will be worth a crap. They flamekissed 2 of the lamest “IMO” armors available. Light was the only good one. Way to go community!

Ditto!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

I’d be willing to bet, but it is too late now, if the light armor in the gem store didn’t have particle effects but still looked close to HT3 there would not have been close to the uprise we have seen.

It wasn’t so much about being exclusive but more so, “It glows now! Not fair!”. The, “But I bought HT3 to be exclusive.” was just an excuse to complain for not getting the particle effects. If Anet had said everyone that had HT3 will get the effects I bet there would have been many, many less complaints. GMAB

I could not possibly disagree more. As an owner of the actual t3 armor, the fact that the gemshop variant looked like a cheaply bedazzled knockoff was the only thing that kept me from uninstalling my client outright. If they’d added an exact copy of the cultural armor – indistinguishable from the original – available to any race for a mere $10, I wouldn’t have even bothered complaining on the forums, I would have simply uninstalled and found a new game to play. If Anet had forced the unwanted flame effects on my armor, I would have first demanded a refund of my gold so I could give it to a guildie, then uninstalled and found a new game to play. Of course I can’t speak for everyone, but despite your assumptions, the flame fetish really doesn’t do anything for a lot of people.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nyota.8204

Nyota.8204

When you put the light armor”light armor masquerade pvp” instead of “T3 human light armor”, they would not have the problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

I am so relieved to log in and to see that they have pulled that cheap T3 armor knock-off the gem store. It seriously hurt to look Charrs and Norns running around with our Prestige armor.

They can add particle effects to Cultural Armors we can buy and add to our existing Cultural Armor but to make them available to all races is simply destroying whatever cultural diversity they have tried to build in the first place.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erskine.5206

Erskine.5206

Thank you anet for answering and for this solution!
I am very happy for it
Glad you responded!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

what they should do here is allow ppl to choose between the re-skin and what it is now. because if redesign is bad and they want their gems back, thats fine but i personally skinned over 2 pieces of human t3 i already had. so not sure how thats gonna play out

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Thank you for listening and understanding the concerns of many of the players. Please remember that this was a fiasco from the start and because a response took such a long time, you are still going to have many people unhappy who did purchase the Flamekissed armor. I think you came up with a fair and reasonable solution. Thanks again.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Can’t wait for the Sylvari cultural armor to be made available on Charr!

Just run TA. It’s close enough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

Thank you for listening and understanding the concerns of many of the players. Please remember that this was a fiasco from the start and because a response took such a long time, you are still going to have many people unhappy who did purchase the Flamekissed armor. I think you came up with a fair and reasonable solution. Thanks again.

It WASNOT a fiasco, you and the like made it so. The armor was brilliant. Even if I had T3 on my character I would buy this skin anyway, because it’s so cool. If you and the like just envy and want something SPECIAL, you’re in the wrong game because there are about 20 or so skins of the light armor in the game and with all the effort you can’t be unique, even with different dyes.

Instead, you screwed the players who liked it and bought it, and how should WE feel now? I don’t feel that Anet is guilty, they did perfecty great armour set, why do you think that is was easy to add flames to the T3 cultural? It’s still great work and the guys need real money for that, not your converted in-game gold.

THANK YOU very much for ruining my day and my character appearance and for the now long-wait in the expect what I really bought.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

I like it. This will enable 12 additional sets of Armour to become available to each class.

Pity short-sighted overly critical ego killed it.

Man… imagine Norn heavy armour on a Charr… or a Human for that matter! It would be sweet!

Not sure about Asura :P

Seriously, if you think this is a bad idea, you are very short sighted indeed…

(edited by MAGpie.7962)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I say no to cultural armor being available to all races. That defeats the purpose of it being cultural/racial armor.

Flamkissed light skin = 64g with fire animations/particle effects

Regular Light T3 Human = 119g with no animations/particle effects.

What a slap in the face to the people who bought the regular T3.

All of this. How come this armor is a lot cheaper than the actual T3 that has no particle effects. Sell individual pieces and make them more (~50%?) expensive than the actual T3.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

However, now, I’ve spent money that I worked for, in real life, on something I wanted. Now, the thing I bought is getting changed because people who had a similar thing did not want the new version available to others for what they perceive as less cost, or due to silly restrictions.

Yep, I still wonder why one group’s of players opinion is listened to and the other’s is screwed up? Am I less valuable for investing real money and not making it in’game?

So it seems that for Anet the opinion of the buyers is just a sh….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I would like to state that the blame for this situation is from from Anet but from that Nexon employee they hired fault, if we look back at all gem stores fiasco we can be sure to know where to point fingures. People should use this situation to further our opinions on the Black Lion gemstore situation more firmly then ever.

P.S. Since the light set is going to be redesigned I would like to further out that same proccess should be applied to the medium and heavy set. It falls to the same logic, both of those sets are reskins,(cheap ones as it is) they to should be removed in favour of better and unique Flamekissed armour skins. The only reskins that should be allowed on the gem store should be gw1 armour sets.

And on that same subject the http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primeval_Armor_Skin is an high end guild wars “prestige” armour that could only be gain by completing the nightfall campaign, and that, could be equivelant of tier3 in gw1, while the Krytan and Profane sets are not. Lets face it, if you redesigned it it will either be a bland armour like the medium heavy set or if its new and unique, those medium and heavy sets will be at loss.

(edited by JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ivan.3279

Ivan.3279

Totally agree.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

You took it off… not cool anet… seriously not cool! I already own the t3 human light armor on my necro but was planning on buying this for my other races. Screwed the fans again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

Whether you like it or not isn’t the issue, you are supposed to like the high end skins. Providing it at less cost and to any race is one issue, but the real problem was selling prestige skins for gems with only a slight mod. That is the path to seeing twilight on the gemstore as a skin without the stat changing. You should be thrilled they rethought this business plan or we would see more lazy work trying to capitalize on existing item popularity. The medium and heavy need a rework too if they want me to be okay.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

I can’t have it, so nobody can!

Soooo childish. Don’t hear any WvW players crying about the fact that the WvW med set is the base used for the med armour… No; “It cost me 1350 badges of honour! Do you know how long I had to grind for that!” <— Say that in the voice of a 12 year old for the full effect.

Children, that’s what you guys (the against crowd, that is) are acting like. If Anet was planing to expand the range of armour by the additional 12 set’s that are in the game, but not available for every class, I am all for it!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

I can’t have it, so nobody can!

Soooo childish. Don’t hear any WvW players crying about the fact that the WvW med set is the base used for the med armour… No; “It cost me 1350 badges of honour! Do you know how long I had to grind for that!” <— Say that in the voice of a 12 year old for the full effect.

Children, that’s what you guys (the against crowd, that is) are acting like. If Anet was planing to expand the range of armour by the additional 12 set’s that are in the game, but not available for every class, I am all for it!

Yeah me too, and then I want Twilight skin for 2000 gems. Like this, I won’t have to grind to get the skin I want. I don’t care that people payed over 1000 golds to get it, and if they complain, that’s only ‘cause they’re childish.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

If Anet was planing to expand the range of armour by the additional 12 set’s that are in the game, but not available for every class, I am all for it!

I might agree with you, but there’s no indication that was their eventual plan. I feel like if they wanted to phase in universal cultural armor, they would have released human t3 light, norn t3 heavy, and another racial t3 medium. The fact that human was the only cultural they released makes me think they were simply being lazy and cultural consideration wasn’t even on their radar.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Yeah me too, and then I want Twilight skin for 2000 gems. Like this, I won’t have to grind to get the skin I want. I don’t care that people payed over 1000 golds to get it, and if they complain, that’s only ‘cause they’re childish.

Because Twilight is totally comparable to t3? The cost of t3 (which is actually 119 gold, not 1000) isn’t even 1/10th of the amount of money you’ll need for most legendaries. And surely you’re not silly enough to suggest that this is an issue of grinding since: 1) gems can be converted into gold, thus bypassing grinding altogether and, 2) the armor was removed from the game entirely, meaning no amount of grinding will earn you the gear.

The argument that the Flamekissed set screws over people who had already purchased human t3 is unfounded given that ANet regularly influences the economy in ways that variously render so-called “exclusive” items more or less expensive. Some rare dyes from the Flame and Frost dye pack, for instance, were selling well into the 100’s of gold until ANet decided to re-release them, which dropped prices for some dyes by as much as 100 gold. If someone wants to make the argument that releasing a less expensive, slightly different armor skin thereby screws over people who had already purchased a similar armor for more money, then the exact same complaint ought to be leveled at ANet’s re-releasing of dye packs and other novelties. In other words, if ANet accepts the argument that people were screwed over by releasing Flamekissed armor, then they’re also logically committed to the idea that they’ve also screwed over many more people by re-releasing other items.

So why does this particular case warrant immediate removal? So what if a less expensive re-skin comes out? Prices fluctuate all the kitten time. The reasoning that says decreased prices renders those who had paid more screwed is really absurd given that IT HAPPENS ALL THE FREAKIN’ TIME. If a price discrepancy is the meaning of screwed, then we’re all screwed – which means we’re actually not screwed at all since we’re all subject to the same rules and system. It’s fair and equal because we’re all mutually screwed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Except that the price of the t3 does not depend on the economy, so there is no comparison with the speculation you’re talking about.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Starling.2769

Starling.2769

I think the armor looks amazing, irrelevant of what it closely resembles. Very sad to see it pulled off. :’( I have the emperor title, so Iv paid a bucket of cash for “skins” and to me this was just another set of skins to make my toons look good. I dont care where or what or how its made… if it looks good, then i want it.

FUZZ IT UP! FUZZ IT UP! FUZZ IT UP!