in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Corth.7069

Corth.7069

it’s just slow, I finally got my kit. All that worry put at ease

Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Propeller.5264

Propeller.5264

Got my TP items and mail tonight. Works.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

We are working on the issues with the Gem Store and Trading Post, please be patient.

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10151215829084209

i have been very patient it worked in beta and then at launch its stopped working right as it got better for a day it went back to being broke
ive been patient since day one and honestly im very frustrated that its still not working same greyed out buy button and blank sell screen

i havent even bothered trying my gem card because i dont wish to waste my money on something that wont work

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shaden.8562

Shaden.8562

I can confirm that for me, running as admin seems to consistently fix the issue of greyed out buying buttons and the selling pane window not coming up. I tried the other recommended fixes but none worked for a decent length of time. I’ve had huge chunks of time where the TP just refused to work for me, so this is a relief.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

The BLTC’s is blank for me since i bought the game about 2 weeks ago.

1. I can see that there are alot of problems regarding BLTC

2. I just love how in many threads the official reply is that they want to help us but they just can’t reproduce the problem and its not wide spread.

3. The blank BLTC seems to be so popular in the game that it turned out to be a normal thing and noone seems to be surprised by it anymore. When i ask about it in game people just reply with “its not working”.

4. What’s even more funny/interesting is that when i told people that one of my friends is able to acces and use BLTC normaly everyone on the server was so suprised that they just thought I was lying.

5. It looks like the BLTC is not working for so many players that if they dont read forums and wont search the problem online they just assume the service is officialy offline.

6. What suprises me the most is why this problem wasnt fixed for such a long time. I mean the BLTC is arena net main source of money is it not? So why didnt they fixed this and why are they acting like its a small problem that only few people have?

EDIT:

OK….. i was just about to go to sleep when i decided to try something obvious and stupid. I forced the game to launch as administrator (even though i’m on administrator all the time) and BLTC works for me now… I checked the forum and few people was able to solve their problem using this solution and some are still unable to use BLTC. Well good luck to everyone ;]

EDIT 2:

Well great i fixed the BLTC but now the game stopped recognizing additional mouse buttons (back, forward)… Ahh PC gaming at its finest….

tried it once more just to see if maybe it would help this time aand it did the same thing it did the last time made it worse now every screen is blank including the gem store
so again run as admin makes it worse for me

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sKyLine.8724

sKyLine.8724

Okay, so I bought this game a little after the release. My BLTC was never working consistently, every now and then I’d get the blank screen but I was always able to get my items etc… etc… etc… it’s just I had the blank tabs every now and then. I quit the game for awhile because I had other things to do but recently I’ve tried to make a come back and to start playing again.

Immediately I noticed that the BLTC app isn’t working again, and it’s gone back to blank. This has been happening for 3 days in a row now and I’ve been checking up on it throughout the days at different times.

One of the biggest reasons why I love this game and find this so frustrating is because I think the character designs, armor designs, etc… are all FABULOUS looking and the amount of customization GW2 has to offer is great. I’m … patient I’d say.. with a limit haha… and levelling something to the max level isn’t something I always have the patience for… so what’s really driving me to get to the max level is… the COOL looking gear that I’m going to get 5, 10, 15, 20 levels from now whether it be from quests or the trading post… and obviously the end game PVP is my aim. So needless to say… this is a huge issue as I’m sure that I can’t be the only one who feels this way.

Any-who after searching far and wide… I noticed something… before when I saw the suggestion of “Run as Administrator” it never worked for me… it was until I tried some other methods… then all of a sudden it started working for some reason. So I’d suggest trying this…

1. Make sure all your drivers are up to date
2. Locate the gw2 shortcut and repair it. (properties-> target line -> add -repair)
3. Set firewall to trust and allow GW2.exe
4. Restart your computer
5. Locate the GW2.exe (not the shortcut) and click “Run as Administrator”, you can also right click into properties -> compatibility -> Run this program as an administrator

And well… just hope to god it works. I haven’t tested buying gems / items on the trading post yet because … well… I don’t want to run the risk of getting ripped off right now. This method helped fix the “blanking” issue, but at the moment my “search” function doesn’t work properly. I can’t type anything into the search box, but I can still filter and click search items.

My computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
12 GBs of ram
Intel i7 @ 2.93 ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

edit
I HAVE MADE A DISCOVERY! Remember how I said for my method… it only got rid of the blanking issues? but the searching issue remained? well… under my graphic options there’s a setting that adjusts the size of your UI or interface. I had it set to “small”… and when it’s small the letters look cramped and pixellated, so I went ahead and changed it back to “normal”… then when i checked my BLPC again to try the search.. it started working.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheATeam.5316

TheATeam.5316

I’m having problems on certian items i cannot sell on the black lion trading.
i’ve got some images..

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CarlSpackler.2789

CarlSpackler.2789

Sold items last night specifically an hour ago and the money isnt available for pickup.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i would appreciate it if the would be a search function in the trading post for light, medium or heavy armor. also a search function for specific stats would be very usefull. if my main stat for my character is healing power, i dont even want to see all the other options that are availeble. im only interested in those items that actually have healing power. id like to see “advanced search” earn its name by implementing these options thank you.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

ok after installing a program to do some android compiling the program found that i had some direct x runtime components that needed updating which i didnt realize i didnt have already this seems to have fixed the issue though im not totally sure

update
yes that appears to have fixed my issue of no buy button or sell screen

update was wrong its back to no buy button and no sell screen again

(edited by jokermo.3058)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sKyLine.8724

sKyLine.8724

i would appreciate it if the would be a search function in the trading post for light, medium or heavy armor. also a search function for specific stats would be very usefull. if my main stat for my character is healing power, i dont even want to see all the other options that are availeble. im only interested in those items that actually have healing power. id like to see “advanced search” earn its name by implementing these options thank you.

Having those search functions would definitely make it a lot more convenient especially the light/medium/heavy setting… but one thing that you can do is.. if you’re looking for armor or weapons with +power and + precision, then you can just go to the search bar and type in “strong” and setup the filters. This will only give you weapons or armor with the “Strong” attributes, however, you’re still going to have to browse through the stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MartianBuddy.5329

MartianBuddy.5329

Haven’t been able to sell anything on TP for last 2 days, everytime I set price and press “Sell” it says “Error attempting to sell” >.<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illedran.8619

Illedran.8619

I have the same problem as the poster above me? What’s the matter?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

I’m having problems on certian items i cannot sell on the black lion trading.
i’ve got some images..

Are the items you are trying to sell Soulbound or Account Bound?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

Sold items last night specifically an hour ago and the money isnt available for pickup.

Have you tried clearing out your pickup tab? There is a limit to how many items can be stored there at one time. Until you clear it, no more items or gold (gold is treated like an item in this case) from you purchases or sales will show up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ahokey.9047

ahokey.9047

I am having trouble selling newly crafted armor. It says souldbound on use and no account bound label, but it doesn’t appear in the sell tab when I go to the trading post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: inekos.4369

inekos.4369

I am having trouble with gem store yesterday i purchase a pack of fine transmutation stones and still waiting for mail :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Requiems.4072

Requiems.4072

The other day I got on and my BLTP looks like it’s all jumbled together. Some aspects are un-clickable and some are missing all together. I can’t buy or sell anything either, including inside the gem store. It’s like this on every tab, not just the first one. I’ve tried relogging, messing with my resolution, and with my interface size with no luck. I’m out of solutions, is anybody else having this issue or is it on my side?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EMAN.6190

EMAN.6190

I have the exact same issue, I even submitted a bug report in game because of this issue. Hopefully I don’t lose my money I made.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Can ANYONE help me get the Sell screen or the mouse-over stat compare tools to work in the BLTP? They were working a few days ago, then earlier in the week I noticed a few issues, all of which refuse to go away…

1. I cannot purchase any items. Even though I have over 3gold in my character’s account, the money area at the bottom of the TP just displays a gem icon and “…”, like the TP can’t read how much cash I have.

2. The mouse-over tooltip for items for sale comparing that item with what’s currently equipped does not work (doesn’t even pop up). ALso like its not reading my character’s stats.

3. The “Buy” button is grayed out. I can only assume this is because the TP thinks O have zero money.

4. The “Sell Your Stuff” screen is totally blank. This has happened to me on occasion, but never for more than a few hours at a time, and never with symptoms 1-3.

I’ve tried re-starting the client – no good.

I’ve tried running GW2.exe as an Administrator – no good.

I’ve tried restarting the PC – no good.

I’ve located the GW2cache in Appdata and deleted the cache folder, which should have cleared it – no good.

So… I’m out of ideas. Nothing I do for ANY of my characters gets the $$#@! TP running, and I’m really, really getting frustrated. I vendor most of my stuff, but I’m amassing golds and some other items I KNOW I can sell on the TP, and I also can’t purchase anything at all. I’ve created in-game bug reports for this, but if course “they can’t reply to every bug ticket” (which isn’t very helpful, guys…)

Can an admin (or someone reading this thread) please give me something to try that I haven’t yet? because I’m not buying gems or doing ANYTHING that puts a dollar into Arena-Net’s pocket until I can move around the stuff I’m getting as drops.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Opened my Trading Post page to find someone is attempting to buy a Pear for 600g.
Naturally, my guild mate and I discussed it and I fetched a pear to see if that was even possible.

As suspected, pears are currently account-bound and therefore cannot be sold or bought. This leads me to wonder about several things.
1) Who would have so much coin that he can afford to leave 600g on a random item?
(Bot? Cheater? Very, very bored people performing an interesting prank?)
2) Why can we still manually list a buy request for account-bound items on the TP?
(I know some of the database is still being worked on, but some items have been like this since the beginning.)
3) Why isn’t there a maximum price pre-set for items of low value like this?
(Typos happen, after all. This obviously is not, but I’d be bummed if I misplaced a zero all the same.)

If nothing else, please double-check this person. I find it bizarre anyone would have 600g to put in the TP like that, never you mind that this someone would want to spend it on a pear of all things. I love pears, don’t get me wrong, but this person took his adoration over the top.

Put this under “bugs” as that made most sense; it’s obviously a mishap in the system.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Think this is a great suggestion as well as a “bug” that needs looking in to. Allthough a maximum for price on items….. Not so sure if that is all that great, but mats sky rocketing might be a bit 2 crazy too. Escpecially if 1 person has 600 gold and can just buy all the materials of 1 type and put them up for his price easily.

Also it was said the account bound items couldnt be ordered on TP anymore and wel that obviously went wrong here. And wherent the older orders going to be removed? Because this way first page on TP will soon be useless except for money hoarders/botters that want 2 store their cash more easily.

Than at least stop the account bound crap so I can lift their bloody money and actually spend it! Spending is what keeps things going!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

anet should make pears tradeable for 1 day teach the guy a lesson that he just lost 600g for 1 pear lol

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

This is a bug and they are working on it according to this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/3800-Gold-Lemon/first#post738611

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arc.9708

Arc.9708

Can someone explain to me why the pear is 600g? So far everyone I have asked (real friends) have just laughed at me and told me to get one and find out myself. Because i’m still new, I can’t do that.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Pears (and most fruits) are Account Bound. You buy them from karma vendors.

There’s a bug with the trading post right now that allows you to post Account Bound items even though they cannot be sold. People have been using this mostly to troll, but sometimes as a bank (who would waste the posting fee on that amount, I don’t know).

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Pears (and most fruits) are Account Bound. You buy them from karma vendors.

There’s a bug with the trading post right now that allows you to post Account Bound items even though they cannot be sold. People have been using this mostly to troll, but sometimes as a bank (who would waste the posting fee on that amount, I don’t know).

There is no fee for listing a buy order, so they can get all that money back whenever they want without any loss.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Anet should troll back those people by making it tradable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Thanks for the reactions. I was not sure if it counted for a bug or a mere oversight in the database. Glad to see some folks are already on it.

I’m no fan of setting max limits either, but I think it’d be rather reasonable that you can’t overprice/undercut any item by more than double the original price or something of the sort. It’d depend on the item, of course.
They’d have to sort out what limit to paste where, if they ever consider working with such an idea. Bothersome, but likely not impossible. Going to keep an eye on that other topic, see where it leads to.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

It happens every few days that someone will post a huge amount of gold for an item that cant be traded. I can still remember the 3800 gold pear.

I thought the same thing Sunday Trash.9562

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gentlehands.4236

Gentlehands.4236

It always happened to me also. Solution for this is logout of the game. Dont just choose character selection instead lougout. It may not work after that but logout again and check BLTP. Sometimes after 2 logouts it will work. Anet already explained this that its like a browser so theres a cache but what i do is just logout.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KICKZEN.1327

KICKZEN.1327

Since making a buy offer doesn’t cost you anything and pears aren’t tradable anymore some people may just like to show off, or do it for the lulz. Other than that, more unlikely tough, they want to point out to ArenaNet that there are still a lot of items listed on the trading post that don’t belong there anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

and now there is a celery stalk for 600.69.69

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Was just coming here to report that pears are now undercut by celery stalks …

I wondered:

A: Is there a gold cap that you can have in your account and folks need to use the broker to “park” extra money?
B: Is this a potential exploit by gold sellers to hide money? (I know this one is way off, but had to wonder);

See image of the infamous celery below:

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Anet should just sell them a pear.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Was just coming here to report that pears are now undercut by celery stalks …

I wondered:

A: Is there a gold cap that you can have in your account and folks need to use the broker to “park” extra money?
B: Is this a potential exploit by gold sellers to hide money? (I know this one is way off, but had to wonder);

See image of the infamous celery below:

That is somewhat interesting, it’s the exact same price someone put for a pear a couple of days ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

People have done this with other items as well. Anet should fill these unfillable over the top orders so that people will stop using this bug to show off their cash.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I would love for Anet to make some of those items available for trade – just for laughs :p

BOOM! Poor as hell.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

I would love for Anet to make some of those items available for trade – just for laughs :p

BOOM! Poor as hell.

You do realize that Pearson selling it wont get BOOM poor as hell but rather earning 600g if someone would buy it, right?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

It’s a buy order, not a sell order.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

It’s a buy order, not a sell order.

Well if life gives you peers…
And takes away 600 gold…
Make lemonade?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Schei.7301

Schei.7301

Anet should troll back those people by making it tradable.

LOL That would be hilarious.

ldnb

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

So my guild actually got into a discussion that this might be an excellent way to ‘hide’ money so that you have a ‘little’ extra stash in the event that your account gets hacked.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

If your account gets hacked, the hackers are probably saavy enough to check your trading post activity. If they don’t mail the stuff to their other accounts, they would probably just fulfill buy orders on everything that you have, and take that gold with them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

Pear guy is small time compared to the 3800g lemon guy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If I was ANet I would teach them a lesson and sell them the item- which would take the money out of the TP without anyone benefiting and make us all laugh a lot:-)

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

And now Power Trader and Copper Mining Pick are at the top at 620g and 600g. Both are account bound. What the heck is going on?

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Burno.8431

Burno.8431

I find this to be quite entertaining. The fact that people make such a fuss over it is even better. I might just do something similar just to bug people!

80 Elementalist of “Quaggan Stole My [BIKE]” – Aurora Glade

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh I think folks are just more concerned it might be an exploit. At least that’s what I’m worried about .. and given how great this game is, I’d hate to see anything untoward happen. Not much fuss, just a vigilant and obviously caring community. That’s a good thing.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Pear cider is nice but for 600g…..Im out

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation