Poll results on sale and of Ascended gear

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Q:

From gw2wvw.net

• Should Players be allowed to sell and trade Ascended Items on the trading post ? (Closes 22nd of March)

Yes 70% (326 votes)
Yes but only to Armour and/or Weapons and/or Trinkets 9% (41 votes)
Undecided 5% (23 votes)
No 16% (73 votes)

Total votes: 463

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

A:

Honestly, I would rather the armour and weapons crafted be account bound like they are,

But,

I would like to be able to sell weapon/armour chests, and possibly the rings dropped in fractals.

P.S. that’s probably because I have 60+ rings and 15 chests which I would like to sell :’( id make bank, and a lot of it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fuzzion.2504

Honestly, I would rather the armour and weapons crafted be account bound like they are,

But,

I would like to be able to sell weapon/armour chests, and possibly the rings dropped in fractals.

P.S. that’s probably because I have 60+ rings and 15 chests which I would like to sell :’( id make bank, and a lot of it.

AYe, i think players wanted something done here.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tkarr.9152

tkarr.9152

I agree with having account bound items as sellable/resellable items. You/me/lots of others afraid to say so…..would like to do this but few speak out about it.

Please visit the thread in the BL Forums titled Account Bound items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No ascended gear has to be a person journey to get and NOT something you can simply buy for a huge pile of gold. What’s the point then having time gated refinement and account bound mats if at the end of all that you can simply buy it. It would mean it’s a limitation on the craftsman and not the owner.

Sorry if you can spend enough time in the game to become Scrooge McDuck swimming in your vault of gold you can spend the time to craft your own “ultimate” armor.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tkarr.9152

tkarr.9152

I guess I was not clear earlier. The materials one feels they are overstocked on such as dragonite ore, empy’s and bloodstone are examples. Also are things dropped form chests, etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fuzzion.2504

Dont forget that the poll results come from a site dedicated to WvWvW so the results pertain more to the core WvW players.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just because 70% want this, doesnt mean its a good idea for the the game in general.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

From gw2wvw.net

• Should Players be allowed to sell and trade Ascended Items on the trading post ? (Closes 22nd of March)

Yes 70% (326 votes)
Undecided 5% (23 votes)
No 16% (73 votes)

I don’t think the results are all that reliable… I think that random convenience sampling doesn’t produce a sample group that is all that representative of the playerbase.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fuzzion.2504

From gw2wvw.net

Yes 70% (326 votes)
Undecided 5% (23 votes)
No 16% (73 votes)

I don’t think the results are all that reliable… I think that random convenience sampling doesn’t produce a sample group that is all that representative of the playerbase.

I think the poll represents much more of the WvWvW players than the PvE players.

Having the poll from almost 500 people shows that Anet needs to address this issue, and soon. Maybe they are, maybe there will be patch, and i hope so.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

From gw2wvw.net

Yes 70% (326 votes)
Undecided 5% (23 votes)
No 16% (73 votes)

I think the poll represents much more of the WvWvW players than the PvE players.

Having the poll from almost 500 people shows that Anet needs to address this issue, and soon. Maybe they are, maybe there will be patch, and i hope so.

That like less than 0.1% of the player base that participated in that poll.
And in general, people will vote for the option that gives them more money/convenience, not for the option which is better for the game.
This poll is a joke.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

No ascended gear has to be a person journey to get and NOT something you can simply buy for a huge pile of gold. What’s the point then having time gated refinement and account bound mats if at the end of all that you can simply buy it. It would mean it’s a limitation on the craftsman and not the owner.

Sorry if you can spend enough time in the game to become Scrooge McDuck swimming in your vault of gold you can spend the time to craft your own “ultimate” armor.

You could say the same thing about legendaries, as they require Gift of Exploration, Mystic Clovers, etc. Yet you can buy those, and those are “legendary”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If you had a poll that asked if every player in game should be rewarded 1 free legendary of their choice, I bet we’d end up with the same results.

Unfortunately, many players do not think about the game and other people – only themselves.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

I want to sell and trade ascended armor and weapons on TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Id be fine with drops being sellable like rings from fractals and weapon/armor boxes as the chances you get the one you really want are slim… but not crafted pieces.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Thinks any crafted ascended items should stay account bound. Mats obtained should be sell-able on the tp.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The uproar that such a thing would cause from players who leveled craftings to 500 would be immense if suddenly ascended gear were tradeable. With Armorsmith, Weaponsmith and Huntsman at 500, I know I would be kittened.

However, players should be able to trade in to certain merchants their unwanted ascended gear (and maybe materials?) in exchange for other ascended gear which they do want, at a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 or something like that. Or at least to be able to salvage their ascended gear into something useful (no, not dust/fragments/dragonite!) or turn it in for other shiny rewards (Obby Shards etc.).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I’d be happy just being able to salvage the kitten things for something useful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I vote no, because I don’t want to feel like I have to do fractals in order to gear up (fractal ascended drops are way easier to get than crafted ascended drops).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.