Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I cannot express how awesome looking this armor set is!

Thank you Anet for this wonderful gem!

As for the people who don’t like it, simply don’t purchase it. And if you are offended by pixelated stuff, im sorry but you need to take a hard look at life, and get out more.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

For those who need a visualisation of what the non-blue skinned version of zodiac could look like…

I did some photoshopping for y’all. It took me over an hour to get this right, but anyway, below is what it could look like for the light zodiac armor if the blue fleshy skin was removed to just reveal your true skin:

P.S. I didn’t do the shoulders and the flaps above the legs because the sparkly blue bits on those items are not actually part of the flesh/skin that effects your true skin.

Edit: Made it a bit brighter in the 2nd pic as it all looked quite dark

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

For those who need a visualisation of what the non-blue skinned version of zodiac could look like…

I did some photoshopping for y’all. It took me over an hour to get this right, but anyway, below is what it could look like for the light zodiac armor if the blue fleshy skin was removed to just reveal your true skin:

P.S. I didn’t do the shoulders and the flaps above the legs because the sparkly blue bits on those items are not actually part of the flesh/skin that effects your true skin.

+1 to this, thank you for this- If only we could get it like this, minus so much skin showing

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I can appreciate the work Zaoda has put into this, but it makes the armor look less appealing to me.

+1 to this, thank you for this- If only we could get it like this, minus so much skin showing

Really? There isn’t much skin showing in his photo’s.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I can appreciate the work Zaoda has put into this, but it makes the armor look less appealing to me.

I agree. After photoshopping it I realised how much I actually like it how it is with the blue flesh skin. Although I would still like the ability to change the blue skin to a different color like others have suggested. And it seems not many people like the headpiece – Heck, I don’t even use mine in game, or the shoulders, legs and gloves for that matter :-/ though, each to their own!

Edit: This is what my current outfit looks like. It’s simple, but it works for me. I find it doesn’t really look good with the zodiac shoulders, gloves, helmet or legs, but I can always use those skins I don’t use on my other characters, so it’s a win-win situation.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chasind.3128

I meant it for the female armors

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chasind.3128

Yeah right and your the most conservative hete I know that only wants to see nacked women. fysb…

I’m a female… nice to assume I’m either a lesbian or a guy who is so into pixels due to some depravity- All I meant for the ‘minus so much skin showing’ was for female armors, if the photoshop was done to female armors instead, it would have to be without so much skin showing. I should have made that clear, less there be a mass hysteria on why someone would say that -.-

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Yeah right and your the most conservative hete I know that only wants to see nacked women. fysb…

I’m a female… nice to assume I’m either a lesbian or a guy who is so into pixels due to some depravity- All I meant for the ‘minus so much skin showing’ was for female armors, if the photoshop was done to female armors instead, it would have to be without so much skin showing. I should have made that clear, less there be a mass hysteria on why someone would say that -.-

I wouldn’t call it mass hysteria so much as “barely comprehensible outburst” =]

But yeah, if the female armor were to be given a flesh-tone version it would pretty clearly have to be adjusted somewhat in order to pull it off successfully.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minka.9273

Minka.9273

As I started a thread elsewhere regarding this and have since had it closed so that all feedback can be compiled here, in a singular thread, I wanted to re-add my request to please make the ethereal (blue) skin able to be toggled on/off.

Also, if this were implemented, I can very plainly see that the bra would need to be altered for fuller coverage, but I also ask that the coverage remain “minimal.” Being a female irl who plays a female human toon, I have no qualms or issues with having her in revealing/sexy armor. It’s a game; a fantasy genre game at that, so I’m good with scantily clad females kicking kitten and looking hot while doing so.

So, again, please make this effect “toggleable” but maybe leave the blue mist effect on both the ethereal (blue) and bare skin to keep the zodiac look. (Oh and I do agree that the butt can definitely be a little less secretary spread-like; however, the change to the visual effect is preferable.) :-)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

Why should they be given a flesh tone version at all? The blue bits is what makes it zodiac in the first place…

I suppose the “steam” effect of blue might be enough to convey the look. However the selling point for me was the star-y blue void that the armor gives.

I don’t like the helmets as someone else points out but a lot of that has to do with the giant blade on the head or the general look of helm itself. I do not mind the fully enclosed helmet.

As for the female skimpy top (I assume it’s the breast area some of you have an issue with): There was a post “X” pages ago where someone added a sliver of armor to cover a tiny more bit of the breast, it looked ok and natural the way he/she added it. I would have no issues with this.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Why should they be given a flesh tone version at all? The blue bits is what makes it zodiac in the first place…

This basically.
It’s designed to be “ethereal” and that’s why the armor plates show so much of the underlying blue “catsuit”.
The unique part of the armor and why they created it is the blue part.
It will not and should not happen that they remove it either for this or a new version.

I agree that it would be interesting to be able to dye it, however their “zodiac” theme is blue so I don’t think that will happen and personally I’m perfectly fine with blue. Fits my current pink-blue theme and my possible future white-gold. But indeed it doesn’t fit everything in terms of color, which is a bit of a pity.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and that’s the thing, i really don’t like the blue color since it doesn’t fit any of my characters.
i would however color it midnight fire, maybe have the same effect as the weapon.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Can someone please review the design of the Zodiac Light Pants and how it views from the back? I think the armor looks amazing from the front, but when you turn your char around… the behind is just disproportionately massive.

I have attached a screenshot of my human girl (one of the skinniest model) in her rather humorously unflattering skirt. I suggest just a very minor tweak to width of the skirt would be enough. If you try looking at both separately, the difference is quite remarkable.

Thanks

+1 to this.
I would buy it for the pants front view, but the rear simply makes it a total no-go on my norn girls.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chasind.3128

I wouldn’t call it mass hysteria so much as “barely comprehensible outburst” =]

But yeah, if the female armor were to be given a flesh-tone version it would pretty clearly have to be adjusted somewhat in order to pull it off successfully.

I’d say if we were given the ability to dye the blue ‘skin’ the whole flesh tone would more than likely become a problem, aside from adding more coverage maybe make the dyeable ‘skin’ harsher in lighter/nude tones so it can’t match any skin color- that would require a remake of “material” like a metal or a cloth… my idea is kinda bleh but when I read the 1st post about people dying it flesh colors this is what ran through my mind.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

Swap the medium and light.. like seriously, how did that even happen?

Blue… My name is a colour.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sesbog.8705

Sesbog.8705

Terrible perception of this bug. I see him every minute.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

no love for sylvari :/
1. texture clipping with own set pants in back area
2. oversized boots model, making legs look ridicilously fat and clipping with backpiece

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Remove the blue mist pls ;/

Trust me. I’m engineer

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

2. oversized boots model, making legs look ridicilously fat and clipping with backpiece

Sorry if this sounds mean, but as charr player all i can respond to this is:
“Thats all?”

Clipping happens. We charr got used to it. I guess now our trees have to get used to it too. =/
At least your cultural armor is alright =)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hey, I also mentioned this butt clipping issue (page 14) as well as the pretty bad issue of the inside texture of the skirt not aligning with the outside texture. Also, as you mentioned, the massive scaling issue for gloves, boots and shoulders still exists. Can’t even use the boots or shoulders due to how ridiculous they look. It’s even much worse on male sylvari than females due to them seeming to use the scaling for shoulders, boots and gloves that is used on super large charr or norn. I really want to keep buying these armor sets, but when these issues go unfixed and ignored for so long, why should I? There is also a massive amount of red texture bleeding on the aetherblade heavy set on asura (as well as red texture bleeding on a ton of other armors, human light T3 pants included). These and other issues have been reported many times, yet nothing has been done about them despite being gem store armor. Can’t even wear most of the pieces from these armor sets due to their issues.

If something does not change and these gem store armors (and regular armors) do not start getting the attention they need, then I think no future gem store purchases will be made.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The light version aligns just fine. What version is the clipping one?

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cynz.9437

The light version aligns just fine. What version is the clipping one?

medium

All is Vain~

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

Blue skin ruins it, so I won’t buy it, but still I have to admit that this armor is a beautiful design, I just prefer more simple and natural armors over the shiny ones. I would die for this though:

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Caro, it’s why I’ve been saying for over a year, they should removed the weight classes from appearance items. Or, just make it transmutable between classes. So many armors already exists that would make us happy players but, are gated.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Blue skin ruins it, so I won’t buy it, but still I have to admit that this armor is a beautiful design, I just prefer more simple and natural armors over the shiny ones. I would die for this though:

That armor’s in game somehow, but not accessible?!

I’d love that one, too….

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

That armor’s in game somehow, but not accessible?!

I’d love that one, too….

I think it was one of the armors that was initially available in Beta, but then removed for actual release. I know there were also some hairstyles like that, that still haven’t appeared. I wonder why it still is available?

Also, I’m very curious about it being classified as Heavy Armor.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I hope that this will become available to players someday. It would be a shame to waste such beautiful armor. It’s much better than the Zodiac one.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

@ Lorelei

Here’s the code, if you want to try it on your female humans. [&AgECWQAA]

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

I wonder how that top looks on asuran or charr. will have to take a look. My first thoughts is it won’t look very good.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

I wonder how that top looks on asuran or charr. will have to take a look. My first thoughts is it won’t look very good.

I’m willing to bet that it’s one of those situations where the Armor for the Asurans and Charr look nothing like the main version. Perhaps that is why we haven’t been able to get this armor in game yet, they haven’t made enough versions for each race/gender?

Even with this new Zodiac armor, there is a noticeable difference between those two races, compared to the others.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

The zodiac armor is amazing, the best armor so far in my opinion , but please do something about the gigantic behind on the female light armor, it kinda ruins it

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soleiya Starbow.7013

Soleiya Starbow.7013

I don’t post often, but I wanted to chip in my $.02 on this new armor set.

I kind of hate it.

And yes, I know what the people who like it will say: just don’t buy it if I don’t like it (I won’t). But hear me out.

I don’t mind the blue skin tone, and the armor design itself is lovely. What irritates me about this set is that it takes away everything that makes my GW2 characters UNIQUE. If the armor just dyed my character’s skin blue, that would be one thing, but it completely eradicates their face and uniqueness by replacing it with a textureless default model. It would be like replacing one of the family members at the dinner table with a department store mannequin. Which, needless to say, would be weird and off-putting. ;P

I wouldn’t mind previewing a version that lacked the blue mannequin parts, because I love the Zodiac weapon set and would adore having a similar armor set for my guardian who wields those weapons. But I worked very long and kitten that sylvari guardian….I love the way she looks and want to show that off to myself and others when I play her. I don’t want to look like every other female sylvari character using that armor, no matter how pretty it might be. To me, that defeats the whole point of playing a game like this, which allows us to express ourselves through highly unique and customizeable “alter egos” in Tyria.

climbs down off soapbox Thank you for listening.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valklios.9843

Valklios.9843

Maybe i’m crazy but the medium and light seem switched?
I agree on having a version without the blue. Not too fond of the glow.
They’re really nice sets but asura skin still messes with asura feet.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m willing to bet that it’s one of those situations where the Armor for the Asurans and Charr look nothing like the main version. Perhaps that is why we haven’t been able to get this armor in game yet, they haven’t made enough versions for each race/gender?

Even with this new Zodiac armor, there is a noticeable difference between those two races, compared to the others.

That armor code on anyone but a female human does indeed look nothing like the picture above. Because they come out nude.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

That armor code on anyone but a female human does indeed look nothing like the picture above. Because they come out nude.

Really?! LOL that’s funny. I just went digging around for the code, so she could see it, then tried it on my Mesmer (Human Female). Oops =(

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

While I like some of the new stuff, and I like the Zodiac Medium Armor cuz it shows off male chest… I wish it did not make my ranger blue.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

If the armor just dyed my character’s skin blue, that would be one thing, but it completely eradicates their face and uniqueness by replacing it with a textureless default model.

But how is this different from wearing a fully enclosed piece of armor? My warrior wears a combination of armor that shows no skin and doesn’t show his face. I don’t see the difference here.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

If the armor just dyed my character’s skin blue, that would be one thing, but it completely eradicates their face and uniqueness by replacing it with a textureless default model.

But how is this different from wearing a fully enclosed piece of armor? My warrior wears a combination of armor that shows no skin and doesn’t show his face. I don’t see the difference here.

most disable their headgear skin because most skins cover the head way to much, why customize your head when you can’t even see it….

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

Because if it just dyed your skin blue, you would still retain all of the features you chose, just in a different flesh tone.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

most disable their headgear skin because most skins cover the head way to much, why customize your head when you can’t even see it….

Personal choice, I like a full helmet. I can also choose to toggle it on and off.

Because if it just dyed your skin blue, you would still retain all of the features you chose, just in a different flesh tone.

Misconception here. It isn’t simply dyed blue. Most of it is helmet, the area some of you guys would wish to be open and see the face (which would have all sorts of hair clipping issues I am sure) is closed, and blue.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

Personal choice, I like a full helmet. I can also choose to toggle it on and off.

Misconception here. It isn’t simply dyed blue. Most of it is helmet, the area some of you guys would wish to be open and see the face (which would have all sorts of hair clipping issues I am sure) is closed, and blue.

You need to reread what he said and how he said it. He and I both know that it isn’t simply dyed blue.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chocobun.2630

chocobun.2630

I wish the skin wasn’t blue. I love the armor, but the only thing holding me back from buying it is the fact that the skin is blue…and there is no option to turn it on or off. I know it’s supposed to be “zodiac” themed, but how can it be possible to mix and match zodiac armor with other armor when the boobs and arms are blue but the legs and head are flesh tone? It kind of forces us to wear the whole set when we want to mix and match too.

I guess this armor is only meant for people who want their characters to look blue all the time. Adding a toggle on/off option would definitely raise sales for this armor.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I wish the skin wasn’t blue. I love the armor, but the only thing holding me back from buying it is the fact that the skin is blue…and there is no option to turn it on or off. I know it’s supposed to be “zodiac” themed, but how can it be possible to mix and match zodiac armor with other armor when the boobs and arms are blue but the legs and head are flesh tone?

If you’re a sylvari and recolour yourself to be the same tone of blue you can mix and match ^.^

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Firt: I love this kind of armor. It’s awesome. I bought one for my female Norn Warrior.

But one thing that comes to mind: such an epic look should be reserved for Dungeon rewards as Ascended armor skins. It has much more prestige.

Instead you missed the chance: you introduced ascended armor with horrible skins no one uses, most transmute it anyways. I don’t want to imply this but I almost have the feel you keep the ‘cool’ skins for the Gem store, so people will pay real money to get it.

Please realize this: if you keep this strategy up the game starts to suffer, it loses quality and at a certain point the community starts to lose interest. Please do not build this game around this devilish gem store. I know you must keep up income but there are other ways, please introduce new item skins – I mean not only one back item for every meta achievement reward – for players who want to get rewarded for their hard work in game. An item simply has less prestige if it is just purchasable at a store for money.

Short Offtopic:
Also a very bad way: introduction of a new tier of gear without giving us new and/or harder content. It’s not bad we can make them via crafting, but it’s practically the only way to get them. I don’t count the drops, since most people haven’t seen any of those. I have no problems with new tier gear, but give us a way to earn it: via a new dungeon instance and/or tokens, more tokens etc.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

But one thing that comes to mind: such an epic look should be reserved for Dungeon rewards as Ascended armor skins. It has much more prestige.

Why should all the good stuff be only available for people who grind dungeons? Let the people who just play PvE or don’t have time to play a dungeon twenty times have something nice for a change

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Why should all the good stuff be only available for people who grind dungeons? Let the people who just play PvE or don’t have time to play a dungeon twenty times have something nice for a change

finally someone gets it, i like allot of dungeon armors but i can’t get it because of various reasons, adding even more lowers the attraction even more. (i want the Crucible light and Honor of the Waves leggings light, not able to get it ether)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cynz.9437

well, after using it for few days , armor ended up in the locker… clipping issues + oversized boots on sylvari killed it for me…kind of regret buying it now -_-

All is Vain~

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

well, after using it for few days , armor ended up in the locker… clipping issues + oversized boots on sylvari killed it for me…kind of regret buying it now -_-

That’s kind of a systemic problem with Sylvari though. At least the boots are. Not specific to Zodiac.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cool magool.9528

cool magool.9528

in all honesty the zodiac skins are nice on the female characters but kinda crap on male characters. but i have to ask, when the hell are a-net going to make some mean looking spikey icy armour???? it seems like every other bloody week you give us a new firey/flamey armour set/skin, and we have had poisonous (toxic – which i wouldn’t mind seeing a return of) and now we have the cosmos – i was not aware that gw2 lore had such an interest in space and how relevant is it to the game/story (not at all that i can see)?

i would have thought that the natural progression after fire would have been either water and/or ice…

why bother having an icy legendary weapon if you aren’t going to give players options when it comes to matching armour?

seriously, i don’t want to see any more fire armour or poison or bloody cosmos until they give us some awesomely frosty and mean icy looking armour!!!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

Wait, is this what all the Zodiac stuff is supposed to be?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Celestial

If so, why was the name changed from Celestial to Zodiac?