Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I really hope they release an underwater zodiac headgear.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No. The Zodiac weapons were inspired by the weapon set of the same name from GW1:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_Zodiac_weapons

In GW1, the Zodiac weapons only dropped from 2 Elite dungeons (The Deep, and Urgoz’s Warren).

It looks like the armor artists decided to run with the theme and create armor matching the GW2 Zodiac style as well.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PH Law.4063

PH Law.4063

Pro:
1. Great idea and concept
2. Unique designs
Con:
1. Female clothing are way to revealing (despite the blue coverup)
Why? Well this game is played by a wide range of people of age.
2. The blue ruins the whole thing especially the helm.
Why? Well because you customized your character it would be nice to see the customization that you have made to make your character unique. The face especially is the creepiest part.

Suggestions:
1. An option to remove the blue.
2. Or put the blue to the actual armor design.
Why? If truly the armor is suppose to be the set of the weapon then like the weapon it should be on the armor itself like the weapons. As I recall the weapons itself have a really nice sleek golden almost like water reflections on it and not just blue.

It wouldn’t be wise to allow you to change the color of the blue because like said before there will be too many people running around with different color.

(edited by PH Law.4063)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

one word : fuggly !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

But one thing that comes to mind: such an epic look should be reserved for Dungeon rewards as Ascended armor skins. It has much more prestige.

Why should all the good stuff be only available for people who grind dungeons? Let the people who just play PvE or don’t have time to play a dungeon twenty times have something nice for a change

finally someone gets it, i like allot of dungeon armors but i can’t get it because of various reasons, adding even more lowers the attraction even more. (i want the Crucible light and Honor of the Waves leggings light, not able to get it ether)

Why exactly aren’t you able to get it? You don’t need hours to do a run. You can a run maybe 1-2 a week. Usually one run takes 15-20 minutes. 30-40 if you have a bad group.

I feel the sense of casual player who just wants to get rewards in no time. Sorry, but in such a game you should work for prestige. You get same good gear easier by doing other stuff which is good imo.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Dungeon runners already have plenty of cool armours to choose from. Leave something for the casual players.

Also, you talk about prestige. Prestige isn’t something that just comes from looks, it’s determined by how people perceive something. Everybody knows that Zodiac armour is bought with gems, and there’s little prestige in that. So it’s not a very prestigious set anyway, it just looks fancy.

I hate it when people want everything that looks nice to be only available to people who run dungeons or play WvW or whatever. If it was for them, all the casual players would just walk around in standard beginner’s armour with plain weapons and nothing fancy at all.

Stop being so elitist about it. Just because you have the time to do dungeons or WvW doesn’t make you any better than people who just play PvE.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueLouMarini.5986

BlueLouMarini.5986

Please let us dye the blue parts, the shimmer effects can stay the way they are, but the way its now is forcing at least me to use blueish dyes though i would like to use other colours.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

ProtoGunner.4953

Dungeon runners already have plenty of cool armours to choose from. Leave something for the casual players.

Also, you talk about prestige. Prestige isn’t something that just comes from looks, it’s determined by how people perceive something. Everybody knows that Zodiac armour is bought with gems, and there’s little prestige in that. So it’s not a very prestigious set anyway, it just looks fancy.

I hate it when people want everything that looks nice to be only available to people who run dungeons or play WvW or whatever. If it was for them, all the casual players would just walk around in standard beginner’s armour with plain weapons and nothing fancy at all.

Stop being so elitist about it. Just because you have the time to do dungeons or WvW doesn’t make you any better than people who just play PvE.

Don’t take an aggressive defense position, I don’t want to offend you. I also mentioned that ‘prestige-ish’ looking armor should only be available via hard content. You have the position of ‘I am too lazy to do a dungeon but I still want the best and coolest stuff’. This is a new stance towards gaming and a result of easy achievment mobile game industry. Perhaps I am old fashioned (I play games since the late 80ies), but where I came from you had to work towards the most fancy items.

You also didn’t mention why you don’t do dungeons. I already told you that running a dungeon doesn’t take a lot of time with the exception of Arah maybe (though there is a one short path). You can do most dungeons within 15-20 minutes, or 30-40 minutes for a sub-par run.

Just consider this: instead of labelling me an elitist and complaining, go out there, run a dungeon, EARN your armor after a couple of weeks and feel the achievement!

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

“Clothing” Pros:

• It’s neat how all 3 sets are similar to each other but different.
  • The straps and line details just look amazing.
  • The “cape” of the heavy look fanatic, I wish the other 2 were more like it, with a cut design at the bottom then a plain cut. The cut design really adds to it imo since like I said it’s not a plain cut, after all we see the backs of our character the most I seeing another pointed “cape” is like eh.
  • Awesome that they are adding more male skins that show “skin”

“Clothing” Cons:

• What’s up with those shoes, that curl on the heavy is just urg, the light and medium I can deal with but the heavy noooo way.
  • I find the mask just plain creepy, blank expressionless, no eyes *shudder.
  • I feel like too much of the neck cover is attached to the chest piece. I feel like half or most of the neck cover should be attached to the helm not the chest piece. Not really an issue if you view your helm but for those who hide the helm it might be off putting.

The “skin” debate

• Tights, body paint, form fitting armor, w/e you want to call it is skin-like. I don’t care what card you want to play, but the fact remains that the dye parts are giving off the appearance of clothing making it is slightly awkward for the female skins. The clothing basically just cups the bottom doesn’t cover at all, like wearing a bra that’s 2 cups too small. I honestly don’t mind the heavy one at all, I just wish that the light and medium ones covers as much as the heavy version does. (TBH it’s the only reason I didn’t buy a light one)
  • Do I wish it was dyeable, yes! It would most certainly be awesome if we could. Having to work around the blue is a tad bit of a hassle plus everyone with the skins are all forced to be the same color, I like being different. Plus I like having my characters being different from each other so I wouldn’t want to buy more then 1 set (light,med, or heavy). Although people tend to go crazy and it might look gross to have everyone running around in different slimmer colors. Perhaps tweaking the blue to be more transparent or no blue at all would be a better option (granted you covered the naughty bits for all the kids playing).

Overall my thoughts for the future are troubled
While the recent armor effects have been nice and cool, I’m worried about it. First we have the achv armor Radiant and Hellfire, Flame gem store set, the Wurmslayer armor, and now the Zodiac… I get why there’s an effect for the achv armor and the Wurmslayer armor sure, but there wasn’t really a reason for the Flame or Zodiac there were just there not even tied to the LS. I just really hope they are not making the effects a new standard, as nice as it is I don’t want it on EVERY armor. I love mixing and matching but with the effects it’s hard (for my taste) to do so since the effect sticks out so much. That being said I’m not saying never have effects, but could we keep it to rare occasions and still output normal skins without lighting or mist come off of it.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Please for the love of everything you hold dear, PLEASE fix the HUGE BUTT of the female light armor! I can’t even look at my character from the behind any more!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Don’t take an aggressive defense position, I don’t want to offend you. I also mentioned that ‘prestige-ish’ looking armor should only be available via hard content. You have the position of ‘I am too lazy to do a dungeon but I still want the best and coolest stuff’. This is a new stance towards gaming and a result of easy achievment mobile game industry. Perhaps I am old fashioned (I play games since the late 80ies), but where I came from you had to work towards the most fancy items.

You also didn’t mention why you don’t do dungeons. I already told you that running a dungeon doesn’t take a lot of time with the exception of Arah maybe (though there is a one short path). You can do most dungeons within 15-20 minutes, or 30-40 minutes for a sub-par run.

Just consider this: instead of labelling me an elitist and complaining, go out there, run a dungeon, EARN your armor after a couple of weeks and feel the achievement!

I’ll be earning my dungeon armour, I never said I wouldn’t. I’m just saying that people who say all the fancy armour should only for people who play the game a lot are just being unfair to people who have to combine a job, studies and a family life and can only play for a few hours a week.

Allow other players to have a few fancy things too even if they don’t play often. You can still clearly see they didn’t clear a dungeon for it, it’s not like all dungeon armour can suddenly be acquired through the TP or anything.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: krosmarc.8934

krosmarc.8934

I just wanted to say that I love those armor pieces.
First the blue skin was kind of a bummer, but after a while it got appealing so I bought my first set of gem armor ever (all other armors were missing some provocation to heavily like or dislike it, this armor simply got it).

On second thought I really like that it does restrict the light show. Imagine many different colored traffic light characters going around.
The uniform blue has something refreshing.
I understand that some people don’t like the armor, but that’s cool: Every once in a while in my daily dungeon runs I and others wearing Zodiac pieces get a remark about the armor, but it gives something to talk about. Those talks were mostly non-aggressive, only stating opinions and giving me some impression of the person in the party. More than the usual “Hi”, “Stack here” and “ty bb”. Aggressions I didn’t get and even the kind suggestion of one zodiac guardian to switch to a character wearing some other outfit was only commented with: Don’t bother! Most people accept that it is only a look, nothing more.

I like the emotionless face mask.. hope some time a Zodiac underwater helm will be available as well.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I wish the skin wasn’t blue. I love the armor, but the only thing holding me back from buying it is the fact that the skin is blue…and there is no option to turn it on or off. I know it’s supposed to be “zodiac” themed, but how can it be possible to mix and match zodiac armor with other armor when the boobs and arms are blue but the legs and head are flesh tone?

If you’re a sylvari and recolour yourself to be the same tone of blue you can mix and match ^.^

That’s kind of my problem with it. It only looks good on blue Sylvari :/ 1 very specific color of 1 race… And I don’t like making blue Sylvari – they look too Avatar-y for me. I like blue accents (nature often has blue accents), but not blue skin (though the blue Sylvari I meet are very beautiful).

Regarding dungeons:
You only get 66 tokens per explorable mode run. It takes 1380 tokens to get one dungeon set. I think it takes another 500 for a staff? Anyway… that’s a good 21 runs.
1 run takes me probably an average of 45 minutes (some go poorly, some go well – our average is honestly probably higher than 45 minutes as we 4-man some). So that would be 21*45 minutes, which is 945 minutes or 15.75 hours, and we’ll round that up to 16. So I’d have to sink in 16 hours in one dungeon just to get one armor set.

Problems:
1)That gets boring fast. My group likes to alternate dungeons so we don’t get bored doing the same one over and over.
2) When we do a dungeon on a weekend, we only do one run of one path of a dungeon because it takes a bit of the fun out of the game when we likely run into some issues just getting through the dungeon. For us, that would take us 21 weekends of the same dungeon or 5 months and 1 week in the same dungeon doing it every weekend. We often don’t do one every weekend either. We want to do other stuff like living story or leveling or…

5 months and 1 week sounds reasonable… if they’d let us do different dungeons each weekend to get the tokens to be able to get an armor set. But you see now how it would take us years just to get one set as we like to rotate and only do one on weekends due to our small group. Which brings me to….

I’d like it if there were a universal dungeon token that let you get an armor set from any of the dungeons for spending 16 hours total in all 8. Spending the same amount of time, but having more fun and more variety. It would also motivate my group to do dungeons as right now we see dungeon armor sets as not feasible, but we would certainly see that as feasible. It seems absurd to be able to do every path of every dungeon, but not be able to get 1 set after that accomplishment (we intend to go for that title).

Edit: It doesn’t say anything about skill that you can run a dungeon 21 times. It just says that you have too much time on your hands. It says something about skill when you can complete all the paths!

This infeasibility is partly why I’d like decent armor sets in the gem store. I haven’t seen one that I’ve wanted to buy yet. And there are so many NPC armors that I’d just LOVE. Why can’t we make the human NPC armor be the Anise set, the Norn equivalent be the Raven set, the Sylvari set be… and have the armor drastically change depending on race?

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

But one thing that comes to mind: such an epic look should be reserved for Dungeon rewards as Ascended armor skins. It has much more prestige.

Why should all the good stuff be only available for people who grind dungeons? Let the people who just play PvE or don’t have time to play a dungeon twenty times have something nice for a change

finally someone gets it, i like allot of dungeon armors but i can’t get it because of various reasons, adding even more lowers the attraction even more. (i want the Crucible light and Honor of the Waves leggings light, not able to get it ether)

Why exactly aren’t you able to get it? You don’t need hours to do a run. You can a run maybe 1-2 a week. Usually one run takes 15-20 minutes. 30-40 if you have a bad group.

I feel the sense of casual player who just wants to get rewards in no time. Sorry, but in such a game you should work for prestige. You get same good gear easier by doing other stuff which is good imo.

how can i get gear when i am a non-ascended geared necromancer, they rather spit on me then accept a necro in the first place let alone one that isn’t maxed geared.
and no, i don’t have any other maxed character, it’s really not my fault here.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

ProtoGunner.4953

I’ll be earning my dungeon armour, I never said I wouldn’t. I’m just saying that people who say all the fancy armour should only for people who play the game a lot are just being unfair to people who have to combine a job, studies and a family life and can only play for a few hours a week.

Allow other players to have a few fancy things too even if they don’t play often. You can still clearly see they didn’t clear a dungeon for it, it’s not like all dungeon armour can suddenly be acquired through the TP or anything.

Agreed. But at least they should introduce new armor skins for dungeoneers/PvEers as well. About every new skin comes with the gem store while there are almost none via PvE-reward.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

ProtoGunner.4953

how can i get gear when i am a non-ascended geared necromancer, they rather spit on me then accept a necro in the first place let alone one that isn’t maxed geared.
and no, i don’t have any other maxed character, it’s really not my fault here.

Usually you should be fine with Exotic gear, ascended armor only gives 5% more stats.

I know that Necros can have a hard time. My only advice: find a nice guild. I usually play Warrior and Guardian, but from time to time I reroll a Necro in ‘only’ exotic gear and usually never have complaints.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

No. The Zodiac weapons were inspired by the weapon set of the same name from GW1:

In GW1, the Zodiac weapons only dropped from 2 Elite dungeons (The Deep, and Urgoz’s Warren).

It looks like the armor artists decided to run with the theme and create armor matching the GW2 Zodiac style as well.

I knew about the Zodiac weapons from GW1. I was just wondering if all of that came from the Celestial stuff in GW1. I just wasn’t sure which one came first. =)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I am not buying any skin that cannot be re-used similar to the achievement tab skins. Not like its going to be changed, just a kind reminder that there are customers out there that wouldn’t mind cash-in, if not for this obviously greedy design decision. ta ta.

banished from time and space

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Ok. I see these armors as yet another passive-aggressive slap in the face of customers of the game.

In the email promoting the armors, we get something along the lines of “our most revealing armors yet”. Ok, so they seem to be acknowledging a demand for more revealing armors, for those who want them. Great potential for revenue here, right?

Well, they are revealing, except that in wearing the armors they morph your character in to a blue animated statue. Ooooo…these revealing armors reveal my blue animated stone body, because if they revealed actual skin, well, that would just be far too scandalous!

It’s not just the bird flip to the demand for revealing armor skins that bothers me. Or the price. It’s also that due to the blue stone statue look attached these aren’t mix and match-able. The skins I have bought have all been skins I could mix and match. The ones I have avoided are the ones that don’t mix well. These are yet another promising set ruined by some unnecessary flaw(s).

So, they spend the resources necessary to add a new set of skins to the gem store. The target audience is apparently “those who want skimpier armor options”. However, they completely sabotage the potential for success of those skins with passive-aggressive remodeling of the character’s beneath the skins , higher prices and a distinct inability to mix and match with other skins.

I would love for ANet to explain how any of that makes any sense?

More than one wheel has fallen off the bus. That’s the thought I walk away with.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Didn’t the e-mail refer to them as the “most daring” and not “most revealing” armor?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chocobun.2630

chocobun.2630

I wish the skin wasn’t blue. I love the armor, but the only thing holding me back from buying it is the fact that the skin is blue…and there is no option to turn it on or off. I know it’s supposed to be “zodiac” themed, but how can it be possible to mix and match zodiac armor with other armor when the boobs and arms are blue but the legs and head are flesh tone?

If you’re a sylvari and recolour yourself to be the same tone of blue you can mix and match ^.^

That’s true, but leveling up a new character as a sylvari….I’m not sure :P. I just wish the armor wasn’t permanently set to blue… at least give the option to change the colour – probably won’t happen, but oh well. The actual armor itself is cool, but colour wise…not in my eyes. It really is too bad :/

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chocobun.2630

chocobun.2630

Ok. I see these armors as yet another passive-aggressive slap in the face of customers of the game.

In the email promoting the armors, we get something along the lines of “our most revealing armors yet”. Ok, so they seem to be acknowledging a demand for more revealing armors, for those who want them. Great potential for revenue here, right?

Well, they are revealing, except that in wearing the armors they morph your character in to a blue animated statue. Ooooo…these revealing armors reveal my blue animated stone body, because if they revealed actual skin, well, that would just be far too scandalous!

It’s not just the bird flip to the demand for revealing armor skins that bothers me. Or the price. It’s also that due to the blue stone statue look attached these aren’t mix and match-able. The skins I have bought have all been skins I could mix and match. The ones I have avoided are the ones that don’t mix well. These are yet another promising set ruined by some unnecessary flaw(s).

So, they spend the resources necessary to add a new set of skins to the gem store. The target audience is apparently “those who want skimpier armor options”. However, they completely sabotage the potential for success of those skins with passive-aggressive remodeling of the character’s beneath the skins , higher prices and a distinct inability to mix and match with other skins.

I would love for ANet to explain how any of that makes any sense?

More than one wheel has fallen off the bus. That’s the thought I walk away with.

I agree 100% with the no mix and match issue. I honestly can’t see the logic when it comes to appealing to a larger pool of players since many skimpy and non skimpy armor lovers will be put off by the blue AND the fact they can’t mix and match….and people who don’t like skimpy armor will simply not buy it….so who will? – only the people who like the FULL set or can mix and match it with their blue sylvari. I’m pretty sure most players on guildwars 2 play around and mix their armors. Isn’t that the whole point with customization etc? So very sad…

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Regarding dungeons:
You only get 66 tokens per explorable mode run. It takes 1380 tokens to get one dungeon set. I think it takes another 500 for a staff? Anyway… that’s a good 21 runs.
1 run takes me probably an average of 45 minutes (some go poorly, some go well – our average is honestly probably higher than 45 minutes as we 4-man some). So that would be 21*45 minutes, which is 945 minutes or 15.75 hours, and we’ll round that up to 16.

1. 300 for the staff
2. you probably shouldn’t be trying to 4 man. Dungeon runs (except for Arah) normally take between 15 minutes (Sorrow’s Embrace, Citadel of Flame) and 30 minutes.

Problems:
1)That gets boring fast. My group likes to alternate dungeons so we don’t get bored doing the same one over and over.
2) When we do a dungeon on a weekend, we only do one run of one path of a dungeon because it takes a bit of the fun out of the game when we likely run into some issues just getting through the dungeon. For us, that would take us 21 weekends of the same dungeon or 5 months and 1 week in the same dungeon doing it every weekend. We often don’t do one every weekend either. We want to do other stuff like living story or leveling or…

Good news! Dungeon armour skins are normally unimpressive and only used for the stats (unless you ran something like Arah, which is considered hard, therefore you can show off), besides dungeons when it comes to exotics you can craft them, buy them, buy them with karma, buy them with WvW tokens and when it comes to ascendeds you can’t really get them in dungeons anyway ^^.

I’d like it if there were a universal dungeon token that let you get an armor set from any of the dungeons for spending 16 hours total in all 8.

Bad idea. You would encourage people to do nothing but farm CoF path 1. Arah that takes 4 hours if you’re unexperienced would never be run.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CHEN.3645

CHEN.3645

My main issue with the set is that the boots on all the pieces have random spikes protruding out of them. Especially since there aren’t any spikes anywhere else on the armor. In all honesty all I think thats what most needs to be most touched up upon. Redo the boots I say.

Other than that me and my guildies were talking about how the helms look horrendous among all the other positive things. Maybe add a blue tint over your characters face and hair for when you have it equiped? And make the face helms less static?

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I’d rather not see it changed for those who bought it. If they want to add options that doesn’t ruin the theme of the armor I think that is fair and fine. More options is generally better.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I discovered another issue involving the medium Zodiac helm.
I reported it in the appropriate bugs section along with the other issues noticed so far.

Also, I really love the design of this medium helm. Absolutely love it. I just wish it didn’t have the blue face on it. Perhaps we can get more helms designed like this one, pretty please? Or implement a variation of my #9 suggestion in my sig where purchasing the skin for 800 gems unlocks the base skin and alternate variations of the skin can be purchased/unlocked and then include this helm without the blue face aspect of the skin as a variant that can be purchased.

(also, as a quick note – if you ‘relax your eyes’ like those 3D hidden picture things with my second image then you get a real cool half-n-half composite of flesh tone and blue I thought that was cool)

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Regarding dungeons:
1 run takes me probably an average of 45 minutes (some go poorly, some go well – our average is honestly probably higher than 45 minutes as we 4-man some). So that would be 21*45 minutes, which is 945 minutes or 15.75 hours, and we’ll round that up to 16.

1. 300 for the staff
2. you probably shouldn’t be trying to 4 man. Dungeon runs (except for Arah) normally take between 15 minutes (Sorrow’s Embrace, Citadel of Flame) and 30 minutes.

Problems:

Good news! Dungeon armour skins are normally unimpressive and only used for the stats (unless you ran something like Arah, which is considered hard, therefore you can show off), besides dungeons when it comes to exotics you can craft them, buy them, buy them with karma, buy them with WvW tokens and when it comes to ascendeds you can’t really get them in dungeons anyway ^^.

I’d like it if there were a universal dungeon token that let you get an armor set from any of the dungeons for spending 16 hours total in all 8.

Bad idea. You would encourage people to do nothing but farm CoF path 1. Arah that takes 4 hours if you’re unexperienced would never be run.

What if it required a set number of tokens from EACH dungeon?

I said we 4-man some, not all. We’ve started adding a fifth with the LFG tool.

I like Twilight for my Sylvari Mesmer.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What if it required a set number of tokens from EACH dungeon?

Then you would see a lot of rage on the forums, having in mind that dungeon difficulty varies and people normally choose what they like to run and ignore the others.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d say for armor artists/ designers & programmers – pay closer attention to resizing issues- test the armor out on ALL races, make sure there are no clippings or anything that would make the biggest noise.
Although imo, you’re going in a…. “correct” direction for armors- maybe delve deeper into giving us old epic GW1 armors for gem skins. Atleast most of those for the ranger class wasn’t coats & you got it right (in gw1)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I knew about the Zodiac weapons from GW1. I was just wondering if all of that came from the Celestial stuff in GW1. I just wasn’t sure which one came first. =)

Both the Celestial and Zodiac weapons came with the Canthan GW1 expansion, so they were released at the same time.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

The armor glow totally ruins mesmer phantasms. -_- I wish I knew about this before buying it. I like the blue skin tbh, makes my character look like an avatar of dwayna.. but it totally diminishes individualization. Zodiac should be an entire race by itself.

Well there wasn’t a texture made too replace the affects of the Zodiac in a different type of affect than default, when defeated in Costume brawl while wearing Zodiac a Basic Mesh model of the Blue Aura Affect will apear because there is no texture for it in that type of affect.

Anet needs to work on textures to make Zodiac have its quality worth the 800 gems. ._.

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

(edited by Tearthy Flame.1463)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Again, amazing armor designs Anet, keep up the good work!

(edited by Moderator)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Is it just me?

Attachments:

Naz ©

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Why Female variations looks 10000000x cooler than male ones?!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

Because boobs.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

because Anet thinks to much inside the box, just imagine if a male armor, any male armor, looks cool and worth going for….
the only male character i have is a ranger and i had to buy the krytan armor skin to be able to stand the style, they are all ether to stale, to boring or to standard.
let me show you one armor, just one that would be perfect for medium male.
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo332/Burner55/Archer1-1.jpg
you know what, i rather have just that then any we currently have in GW2.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Any summarizing feedback of the devs maybe, or is this thread getting swallowed by the mystic sands again?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pamelakd.3107

pamelakd.3107

Hey brah, they work hard, and they need money. It’s either cash-shop or monthly fee. Pick one.

I’d rather pay a monthly fee. It costs less in the long run.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ChipSet.8435

ChipSet.8435

Is it just me?

Rolf Multipass…* cough * I mean no =P

I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my primary language.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Hey brah, they work hard, and they need money. It’s either cash-shop or monthly fee. Pick one.

in one year it costs $170 to keep your monthly fee up, that’s allot less then maybe 50 bucks of gems…..

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

@ sorudo.9054: You’re right.
My biggest problem with GW2 is the way they overdesign everything to be very unique…
Still the best would be to just adjust realistic designs, like Skyrim and many others do.
Same with the armors… Everything wants to look fancy. Community Hubs are full of 120W lightbulb looking users… They freak me out.
… and I’m not alone with this!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: naemyis.8731

naemyis.8731

in one year it costs $170 to keep your monthly fee up, that’s allot less then maybe 50 bucks of gems…..

50 dollars in gems is 4k gems. That’s ~4 outfits. Which can only be used. On one character. And if you want to change your outfit, that’s going to be additional gems to split the skin from stats, and then apply a new one. And so on. And already that’s 1/3 of the cost for a year.

Yeah, I’d be ok with a monthly fee if it meant better cosmetics in a game that bases its entire endgame around acquiring cosmetics.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

50 dollars in gems is 4k gems. That’s ~4 outfits. Which can only be used. On one character. And if you want to change your outfit, that’s going to be additional gems to split the skin from stats, and then apply a new one. And so on. And already that’s 1/3 of the cost for a year.

Yeah, I’d be ok with a monthly fee if it meant better cosmetics in a game that bases its entire endgame around acquiring cosmetics.

I very much doubt you’d get these designs for free if there was a monthly fee – looking at the payment models in other MMOs, you have both a monthly fee AND a cash shop – which, more often then not, not only sells fancy seasonal gear-stuff, but also makes that stuff last for a limited time only.
So what is the problem with the GW2 gemshop again?
(Taking into consideration that I’d very much appreciate an ‘unlock’ instead of ‘buy once’ option for armor.)

Polka will never die

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

the original GW is waving to you, wondering why you can’t see him……

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

naemyis.8731

I very much doubt you’d get these designs for free if there was a monthly fee – looking at the payment models in other MMOs, you have both a monthly fee AND a cash shop – which, more often then not, not only sells fancy seasonal gear-stuff, but also makes that stuff last for a limited time only.
(Taking into consideration that I’d very much appreciate an ‘unlock’ instead of ‘buy once’ option for armor.)

That for the price of a full DLC for a game, you can get a single use cosmetic outfit. And that the only new cosmetic sets since the game released are locked behind that paywall. And that GW2 was touted as a game with a focus on cosmetics as your endgame instead of stat grinding. Yet here we are a year and a half later with not a whit of any new attainable sets in game. Also because GW1 seemed to manage just fine with account wide unlocks, and somehow, Anet has not yet gone bankrupt.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

That for the price of a full DLC for a game, you can get a single use cosmetic outfit. And that the only new cosmetic sets since the game released are locked behind that paywall. And that GW2 was touted as a game with a focus on cosmetics as your endgame instead of stat grinding. Yet here we are a year and a half later with not a whit of any new attainable sets in game. Also because GW1 seemed to manage just fine with account wide unlocks, and somehow, Anet has not yet gone bankrupt.

I believe they are making a good deal more now
Also, you CAN still get everything on the gemstore for gold instead of gems – allowing you to pay with either money or time. Ans it’s not as if there weren’t a good number of skins in the game – it’s probably just our bad luck if we don’t like them.
Also, DLC prices vary – not exactly a perfect comparison.
Still – my main argument was that a monthly fee likely wouldn’t change anything about the gemstore, and I stand by that.

I WOULD like account wide unlocks myself. But I can also see why we don’t get them…
on the bright side, Anet is still hiring and apparently providing a pretty nice workplace, so at least these soulbound outfits are still creating jobs.

Polka will never die

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

naemyis.8731

I believe they are making a good deal more now
Also, you CAN still get everything on the gemstore for gold instead of gems – allowing you to pay with either money or time. Ans it’s not as if there weren’t a good number of skins in the game – it’s probably just our bad luck if we don’t like them.
Also, DLC prices vary – not exactly a perfect comparison.
Still – my main argument was that a monthly fee likely wouldn’t change anything about the gemstore, and I stand by that.

I WOULD like account wide unlocks myself. But I can also see why we don’t get them…
on the bright side, Anet is still hiring and apparently providing a pretty nice workplace, so at least these soulbound outfits are still creating jobs.

Just what is it you see that explains why cosmetics are not account wide, infinite reuse unlocks? Because the only thing I care about is that GW1 operated on this system for what, seven years? And is still operating on it. And somehow, Anet hasn’t gone under, or gone bankrupt, and has even had enough to make a sequel game! Crazy!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Is it just me?

that was my reaction too
Just one more reason why I love this armor

Gunnar’s Hold

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Any response now=?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sesbog.8705

Sesbog.8705

Any response now=?

Sure. Change nothing and leave visual bugs as is.