Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I am reading the patch….did they seriously just nerf the….erm….chestiness?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, just checked.

Attachments:

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

So they didn’t care at all about the feedback. Nice job and thanks for not taking this serious. Chapeau!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taras.4578

Taras.4578

Which one is before and after?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

Which one is before and after?

Oh yeah sorry, the left one is actually after. The chest is notably smaller.

GuildWars 2

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah, just checked.

it is somewhat pervy to sit here and check your breast size before and after pictures but after staring at your ummmm, chest region, I couldn’t see a big difference. Maybe because of the lighting being so different? I guess it’s smaller but for me, with such different lighting, it’s hard to see in the picture.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

Yeah, just checked.

it is somewhat pervy to sit here and check your breast size before and after pictures but after staring at your ummmm, chest region, I couldn’t see a big difference. Maybe because of the lighting being so different?

Okay this picture should remove any impact of different lightning.
The chest lost some volume

Left: after patch
right: before patch

Attachments:

GuildWars 2

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Yeah, just checked.

it is somewhat pervy to sit here and check your breast size before and after pictures but after staring at your ummmm, chest region, I couldn’t see a big difference. Maybe because of the lighting being so different?

I just overlayed your before pic (with 50% transparency) over your after pic and the breasts are identical in size and ‘volume’.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

This falls in the same category as Flamekissed Armor.
So I wonder if we could ask for refund,

If a gemstore item is changed after purchase, we should be eligible for a refund(in gems) regardless of whether we used real cash or in-game gold.

Did people who purchased Flamekissed Armor with gold>gems actually get gems refunded after the skin was swapped? How did they remove the skins off the Transmuted Armors?

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

I just pointed out a clipping issue on female sylvari where the ‘underwear’ of the armor clips right through the back end of the skirt of the armor.

Just wanted to warn others of this and to maybe hold off on getting the armor (for a female sylvari) until it gets fixed as it is pretty bad most of the time.

ALSO
The inside texture of the skirt does not match up with the outside texture of the skirt on both sides.

• Outside texture hangs off of the outside lower bone of the waist armor
  • Inside texture hangs off of the top-inner bone of the waist armor

Issues are still there. Should have fixed this at the same time as the change to normal map on the chest area that was not even really necessary. Will any of the issues with this and the other gem store armors ever get fixed?

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

Yeah, just checked.

I just overlayed your before pic (with 50% transparency) over your after pic and the breasts are identical in size and ‘volume’.

Oh seems like you did something wrong because I overlayed them aswell and there was a difference.

Attachments:

GuildWars 2

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Yeah, just checked.

Oh seems like you did something wrong because I overlayed them aswell and there was a difference.

I did nothing wrong. Your overlay image does not have them on top of eachother, you have them offset.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yeah, just checked.

I did nothing wrong. Your overlay image does not have them on top of eachother, you have them offset.

They said they adjusted the normal map. I take that as removing any hint of nipple. Nothing about size or shape.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

StinVec.3621

Yeah, just checked.

They said they adjusted the normal map. I take that as removing any hint of nipple. Nothing about size or shape.

That is why I am confused as to why they think they were reduced in size when they were not.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: naemyis.8731

naemyis.8731

Fear not, your bloobs are safe.

Still not going to buy it until the blue becomes a dye-channel, even if it’s a limited channel. Because I want to be smoky black and ethereal looking like a shade

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I can not see any difference in any of the pic’s posted here. To extend this, are you really going to noticed when zoomed out?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

This falls in the same category as Flamekissed Armor.
So I wonder if we could ask for refund,

If a gemstore item is changed after purchase, we should be eligible for a refund(in gems) regardless of whether we used real cash or in-game gold.

Did people who purchased Flamekissed Armor with gold>gems actually get gems refunded after the skin was swapped? How did they remove the skins off the Transmuted Armors?

Agreed. This is ridiculous. They removed the outline of the areola, which is silly, since all the watchwork knights have theirs poking out.

And if this game was made pre-1930’s, would all the men be wearing undershirts???

This is just blatant censorship.

And apparently I am an idiot. Nipples still there, just smaller. Nevermind, sorry.

Sorry x9001.

:x

Edit: removed “western” to please those who need everything that everyone else writes to be politically correct. Since that is apparently what whole companies do when people complain over something petty.

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Skintight = No nudity shown. Thank you for making my point even stronger.

The nipples are still there anyway, just less pronounced, so I’m just going to shut up now. Sorry, and thank you again Anet for recognizing topless equality.

Despite the fact that she’s still covered, anyway, as Nike pointed out. >.<

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Oh wait, did i say the nipple was still there?
No, no it isn’t. It’s totally gone. Censored. No need to parade Anet with angry screenshots. They totally cut that evil sinful piece of flesh out completely!

[crosses fingers and hopes that this doesn’t become a case of “i have altered the deal, pray i don’t alter it further”, as in this robot chicken sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE ]

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Kinda disappointed that my male’s zodiac chest hardly shows any abs anymore after this update :-( it was kind of the reason I wanted to buy the skin in the first place, but I’m starting to be afraid of what I purchase now that skins seem to keep getting updates that some of us don’t particularly want.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Kinda disappointed that my male’s zodiac chest hardly shows any abs anymore after this update :-( it was kind of the reason I wanted to buy the skin in the first place, but I’m starting to be afraid of what I purchase now that skins seem to keep getting updates that some of us don’t particularly want.

Anet should pay attention to posts like yours more often. People who complain about nipples and skin are just trolling everyone else who plays the game. It’s sad that some people don’t realize that this is a common tactic among people who just want to inflame a community.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

I can see the abs and anatomically correct parts on my character, for one. Maybe its because I’m nearsighted, but as I see it, they just toned down the proportions of everything to make her look less like a pinup or barbie doll…i hope that this is the case, and that there are no further edits.

I will say this though: Such changes make me wary to make any further purchase from the Gem Store., too.

You’re going to scare customers away doing stuff like this, Anet. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to force their opinion on others via your company.

It was a bad call to edit this, censorship or not. It should have been left as-is.

Having a feedback thread for this armor should have been for future armors, not for edits on this one. Especially edits to armor that people already purchased.

Any changes should have been made for purchases this date onward – not thrust on those who already spent their money on this. If we didn’t like it just the way it was, we wouldn’t have bought it. Pure and simple.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I like the light zodiac armor, but disappointed you’re forced into the blue part. I naively thought it was dyable.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Do people honestly want the nipples on female characters to show?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Incoming surge of refund requests.

Stop changing stuff after people buy it. I have 4 of these sets that I no longer want after you changed them.

Samsung doesn’t come to my house and modify my TV a month after I bought it, no matter if some features were unintended.

Just because you run a digital marketplace does not mean you can pork your customers on a kittening whim.

(edited by Lightyears.8624)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I gotta agree here. Doesn’t matter what I think about the actual change.

But the fact that skins get changed after I buy them, will make me think twice about the next purchase.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cale.7380

cale.7380

I see no notable change on those pictures. People tend to react extremely ridiculously. Just get used to it, you nitpicking little brats!

I totally agree with you,but this is the same problem in many MMROPG communities,there will be ALWAYS people that complain and complain and never be happy,even if there is a single pixel that will change,well i’m sure that the quiet majority of people are not concerned if the boobs of an armour are reduced,so yeah..no big concearn at all.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Anet should pay attention to posts like yours more often. People who complain about nipples and skin are just trolling everyone else who plays the game. It’s sad that some people don’t realize that this is a common tactic among people who just want to inflame a community.

You do realize that trolling and complaining about blatant sexism are two very different things?

Polka will never die

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

You do realize that trolling and complaining about blatant sexism are two very different things?

So baring male nipples is okay, just not female nipples? And you consider what I said sexist? Wow. Great point to read when I just woke up. And you aren’t trolling? Are you sure?

Look up “topless equality”, and then think twice before calling someone who is for it “sexist” again. Such blatant hypocrisy is comical at best, worthy of a /facedesk at worst.

Is this entertaining for some of you? Bringing a petty “war against the nipple” onto my favorite MMO, at the monetary cost of me and other players? What’s next, mandatory head coverings for all female characters? And yet somehow I’m the sexist??? This is what I get for having fun on Monday, right? I have to have a depressing killjoy the next day. Can’t enjoy a video game without someone trying to cut off my character’s nipples. Classy. Thanks.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Even if it is a “petty change”, its one that is a product of petty nagging by people on the forums about how “offensive” a nipple/skin is. No ESRB pressure. No legal pressure of any kind.

This is the reason why people are upset, not the change itself, as the “anti-nipple” trolls like to depict it:
Knowing that if enough people flame and troll a certain forum to demand a change to our character’s armor, that Anet will bow to such petty demands, it pretty much shreds our trust of the company, as we are people who bought the armor and didn’t expect petty demands to be fulfilled at other gamers’ expense. This is why.

Calling us “petty” for complaining about this is psychological projection, and not-so-subtle gloating over bringing a company to its knees with petty demands and without legal backing.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Frotee.2634

So baring male nipples is okay, just not female nipples? And you consider what I said sexist? Wow. Great point to read when I just woke up. And you aren’t trolling? Are you sure?

Look up “topless equality”, and then think twice before calling someone who is for it “sexist” again. Such blatant hypocrisy is comical at best, worthy of a /facedesk at worst.

Is this entertaining for some of you? Bringing a petty “war against the nipple” onto my favorite MMO, at the monetary cost of me and other players? What’s next, mandatory head coverings for all female characters? And yet somehow I’m the sexist??? This is what I get for having fun on Monday, right? I have to have a depressing killjoy the next day. Can’t enjoy a video game without someone trying to cut off my character’s nipples. Classy. Thanks.

I wasn’t calling you sexist; I was calling "bringing out yet another armor with a definitive “oh look, BOOBIES” feel to the female version (and still less chest coverage on the female version) sexist. I mean, just look at them on a female norn or even human – and tell me the breast area doesn’t seem like a visual focus.
Yes, it is nice to have male and female armor with obviously the same style and theme and a similar level of coverage – but the female design is still clearly sexualized, which gets really old really fast. Why is it so difficult to design armor whith a cool theme AND a nice balance between covered and sexy (=classy)? Why do we usually get either VERY sexy or completely covered armor?

I honestly don’t care about the nipples, and if I had enough free time to troll people for fun, I’d probably still do something more productive with it.

Polka will never die

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

I wasn’t calling you sexist; I was calling "bringing out yet another armor with a definitive “oh look, BOOBIES” feel to the female version (and still less chest coverage on the female version) sexist. I mean, just look at them on a female norn or even human – and tell me the breast area doesn’t seem like a visual focus.
Yes, it is nice to have male and female armor with obviously the same style and theme and a similar level of coverage – but the female design is still clearly sexualized, which gets really old really fast. Why is it so difficult to design armor whith a cool theme AND a nice balance between covered and sexy (=classy)? Why do we usually get either VERY sexy or completely covered armor?

I honestly don’t care about the nipples, and if I had enough free time to troll people for fun, I’d probably still do something more productive with it.

And you want to take your emotions about the proportions of the armor out on OUR purchases that we already made? Do you seriously think that you’re entitled to edit other people’s purchases without their consent??? Controlling much?

And if you notice, the guy I originally quoted in your post was talking about the MALE armor. So, yea…this isn’t about “GAHH SEX!” or limited to any one gender. This is about Anet changing our armor after we purchased it. Keying our car after we bought it, all because you stomped your feet for weeks on end. Even if they made it bare skin with pokey nips, I and others would still be here, complaining that our armor was edited on a whim, and/or solely at the demands of people on forums. There is NO justification you can make for this. It is unethical, pure and simple. So stop trying to justify your need to control other’s purchased goods. It is the worst thing about our society, and the source of all ails – the desire to control others, no matter the cost.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Frotee.2634

And you want to take your emotions about the proportions of the armor out on OUR purchases that we already made? Do you seriously think that you’re entitled to edit other people’s purchases without their consent??? Controlling much?

And if you notice, the guy I originally quoted in your post was talking about the MALE armor. So, yea…this isn’t about “GAHH SEX!” or limited to any one gender. This is about Anet changing our armor after we purchased it. Keying our car after we bought it, all because you stomped your feet for weeks on end. Even if they made it bare skin with pokey nips, I and others would still be here, complaining that our armor was edited on a whim, and/or solely at the demands of people on forums. There is NO justification you can make for this. It is unethical, pure and simple. So stop trying to justify your need to control other’s purchased goods. It is the worst thing about our society, and the source of all ails – the desire to control others, no matter the cost.

I was reacting to this: "People who complain about nipples and skin are just trolling everyone else who plays the game. "
Does the meaning or intend of this quote significantly change depending on who you responded to and what this person said? Hint: You were obviously generalizing.

Also: Where exactly do you expect me to vent my anger about the Zodiac armor but in the thread created specifically for feedback concerning it? Would you seriously have me open yet another thread on the exact same topic? I just don’t get your expectations.

I also don’t get the outrage on the ‘change’ to the existing armor set as they obviously changed nothing but the visibility of the nipples on the armor map.
If they changed anything significant on an existing gemstore skin, of course people who already bought it should be reimbursed.

Polka will never die

(edited by Frotee.2634)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Frotee.2634

And if you notice, the guy I originally quoted in your post was talking about the MALE armor. So, yea…

I was reacting to this: "People who complain about nipples and skin are just trolling everyone else who plays the game. "
Does the meaning or intend of this quote significantly change depending on who you responded to and what this person said? Hint: You were obviously generalizing.

Also: Where exactly do you expect me to vent my anger about the Zodiac armor but in the thread created specifically for feedback concerning it? Would you seriously have me open yet another thread on the exact same topic? I just don’t get your expectations.

I also don’t get the outrage on the ‘change’ to the existing armor set as they obviously changed nothing but the visibility of the nipples on the armor map.
If they changed anything significant on an existing gemstore skin, of course people who already bought it should be reimbursed.

Your anger that I purchased an armor that was originally released with nipples? Have you ever heard of the term “principle”? Can you seriously stop being such a CONTROL FREAK? WOW. Do you not get that this is unethical and WRONG to do to people???

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

still waiting for the skin color option, AFAIK space is black…….

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xirus.9675

Like, why did you buy the item in the first place if you were oh so offended by how it looked? Why would you do that and then demand that it be changed for EVERYONE ELSE who actually enjoyed it and was pleased with their purchase? What makes you think that you even have the RIGHT to make such a petty, immature demand on everyone else that plays the game?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Frotee.2634

Like, why did you buy the item in the first place if you were oh so offended by how it looked? Why would you do that and then demand that it be changed for EVERYONE ELSE who actually enjoyed it and was pleased with their purchase? What makes you think that you even have the RIGHT to make such a petty, immature demand on everyone else that plays the game?

…you didn’t even read my response, did you? Take a minute, breathe, count to ten, read again.
Also, please stop accusing me of things I didn’t do. No where in this thread did I demand that they change existing armor for people who already bought it (to the best of my knowledge).
Additionally, I didn’t buy the armor. Guess why?

Polka will never die

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Because this thread has turned away from constructive and polite feedback and towards people attacking the opinions of others, this thread is now closed.