Why did you roll a Charr?

in Charr

Posted by: InfernoX.9638

InfernoX.9638

Personally cause I love the size of my GS on a charr. first character was a asura, I thought they were awesome until a charr came next to me with the same GS.. I was like WTF I need that size!

Commander Rave King – Yak’s Bend

in Charr

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

I like how charr run on it’s 4 legs, how tail is moving. I love cats! Can’t help it.

Seize the day.

in Charr

Posted by: Feral Lion.6028

Feral Lion.6028

Prior to diving into the GW2 universe my friends and I played WoW for six years (some are still playing now). I played a Tauren druid (primarily a war cat). Now WoW was my first MMO and I fell in love with these big huge characters (especially their shifting ability). When we decided to come to GW2 I fell in love with the Charr because I could essentially recreate my main again, horns and all but better yet, he would be a giant cat with horns! =^^=

Now the fact that they have some steampunk or dieselpunk cultural characteristics just made their race even better =^^=

So I rolled a Charr and was very happy to be able to reinvent my main that I had a real affection for. Oh ya the Charr just look better in armor.

in Charr

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

Big fluffy death machines.

in Charr

Posted by: Unavi.8760

Unavi.8760

Because of Steve Blum. :-)

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Imagine if they gave one of the Charr Crispin Freeman’s voice.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Charr

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

Because I love kitties and because I wanted to play with them since GW1

in Charr

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Char Mesmer + 3 Char Illusions + 2 Char Warband buddies = a nice little personal char army, with a canine summoned by runes of the ogre to top it all off.

in Charr

Posted by: Dracis.9762

Dracis.9762

i used a charr theif why? i wanted to make a scrapper, basicly a dude that’s fast, agile and will fight you on the street

in Charr

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I created a Charr ranger during the press beta. And knew I’d create a Charr ranger if the game would ever arrive.

Running alongside my stalker was simply awesome! I love their animation, I love the fact that they’re not simply a humanified beastly race. And that tail… And they way they sleep!

in Charr

Posted by: Ropihl.2150

Ropihl.2150

(Hey, now, let’s not stereotype our fellow girl players here, Ropihl! Internalized sexism still counts. :/ )

I love lore in general, and I love charr because I wanted to know more about them in GW1. They’ve done so much for themselves since then, and they’re determined to hang on to what they have, and SO stubborn they just might manage to do it. XD (Seriously, who takes over land haunted by respawning ghosts and says “don’t care, ours anyway”? The charr, that’s who.)

Late reply is late. Sexism wasn’t intended, just guesstimating the reason why other women choose to create human female characters. Gear customization are a fine thing to follow, I would just rather do so on a charr. That’s all. Comment wasn’t even that bad really :P

(edited by Ropihl.2150)

in Charr

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Seriously, who takes over land haunted by respawning ghosts and says “don’t care, ours anyway”? The charr, that’s who.

This made me laugh so hard.

in Charr

Posted by: monkey.6702

monkey.6702

To be bigger than you…

in Charr

Posted by: Emmande.8492

Emmande.8492

Because they are the most interesting looking beast race I have seen in an MMORPG. I’ve never been a fan of human races in these kind of games, they seem kinda boring to me. I mean really, a human or a giant lion with horns… seems a waste to choose the human.

in Charr

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Imagine if they gave one of the Charr Crispin Freeman’s voice.

If they do this I want Morgan Freeman to voice Sylvari.
Oh wow him as Treehurt…Tryptophan..what’s his name—oh Trahearne! Morgan Freeman as Trahearne would actually be tolerable.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Charr

Posted by: Jaqalope.6175

Jaqalope.6175

Obligatory: Why wouldn’t you be a Charr?
Apparently they are the least popular race. No accounting for some people.
I like their culture and their history.
The whole industrial + Romanesque thing is cool.
Fighting your own Gods with engines of destruction?
Taking on Elder Dragons, the very embodiment of magical forces, with guns and iron?
Yes, please.

Oh, and everytime Charr march on a human kingdom, the humans freak out and blow up their own city.
Winning.

Jaqalope
Charr Legionaire
Dragonbrand

(edited by Jaqalope.6175)

in Charr

Posted by: grandjudge.4129

grandjudge.4129

Charr fractal on my human warrior always made me regret not rolling Charr.

in Charr

Posted by: Darachi.1394

Darachi.1394

I rolled a charr mainly because I am a furry as well as I like the thought of running around as a giant charr with a staff and zapping people.

Kindele [RET] Commander and Officer.

(edited by Darachi.1394)

in Charr

Posted by: Saraphina.6930

Saraphina.6930

When I first got the game, I was intending on playing a human. But as I tried to create a human Necro, I realized everything I was making a) looked too much like my character from the first game and b) looked like some sort of akward gothic doll…

Plus when the screenshots of the charr first came out, I was astounded by the number of face shapes. Sure, there’s not alot, but there’s more than WoW’s worgens. Their anatomy is believable, unlike Worgen(female)s who looked like they’d fall forward at any moment. I fell in love with those fluffy tails too lol

(edited by Saraphina.6930)

in Charr

Posted by: AarkAngel.6301

AarkAngel.6301

The fact that they are anthros was a major “YES” factor for me, being a furry and all. Same thing for Worgen in World of Warcraft.

In truth I love any non-human race in a game, but the Asura were to much like dobby for me…and the Sylvari reminded me of the Fru-Fru Night Elves in WoW…im not a hippie. Plus the fact that the Charr get a freakin fire tail when they wear the Flame Legion gear. I was happy just being a Charr but after I started playing and learning more about their lore, society, and mannerisms I pretty much fell in love with them lol
And they run on all fours…as their basic run…how awesome is that?

in Charr

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

For us, it’s only been a few years. But for the characters in GW2, it’s been 250 years. Human history is filled with examples of former (sometimes bitter) enemies who are now fast friends. The US and UK, UK and France, the US and Japan, Germany and just about everyone else in Europe etc. And most of those conflicts are less than a century old!

It’s also full of grudges that won’t fade: Ireland-England; Japan-China; Russia-Mongols/China. Sometimes time doesn’t heal wounds, it makes them fester.

in Charr

Posted by: caelstraz.6298

caelstraz.6298

(Hey, now, let’s not stereotype our fellow girl players here, Ropihl! Internalized sexism still counts. :/ )

I love lore in general, and I love charr because I wanted to know more about them in GW1. They’ve done so much for themselves since then, and they’re determined to hang on to what they have, and SO stubborn they just might manage to do it. XD (Seriously, who takes over land haunted by respawning ghosts and says “don’t care, ours anyway”? The charr, that’s who.)

Late reply is late. Sexism wasn’t intended, just guesstimating the reason why other women choose to create human female characters. Gear customization are a fine thing to follow, I would just rather do so on a charr. That’s all. Comment wasn’t even that bad really :P

It may not be “that bad”, but it’s still sexist :p Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if the proportion of women who play humans and the proportion of men who play human are roughly even.

All the furries on here are amusing me…yay stereotype perpetuation

As for why I play Charr – they speak to me on so many levels. Their culture, their atheism, their values, their history, their competitive spirit…don’t forget a nice heaping dose of feminism! The part of a Blood Legion Charr’s personal story where you meet Elexus Shredskin had me dying of laughter. After that there was definitely no looking back. It definitely also helps that their running and fighting animations are awesome, fur colours are much more fun to play with than skin tones, and tails. I love tails.

Future Blood Legion Imperator
http://praxisguild.com/
“Do not pray for mercy. Your gods are not listening, and I have none.”

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

It may not be “that bad”, but it’s still sexist :p Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if the proportion of women who play humans and the proportion of men who play human are roughly even.

As for why I play Charr – they speak to me on so many levels. Their culture, their atheism, their values, their history, their competitive spirit…don’t forget a nice heaping dose of feminism! The part of a Blood Legion Charr’s personal story where you meet Elexus Shredskin had me dying of laughter. After that there was definitely no looking back. It definitely also helps that their running and fighting animations are awesome, fur colours are much more fun to play with than skin tones, and tails. I love tails.

The only thing I said was that females enjoy making females because they like customization, coloring, clothing design and attempting to represent their RL selves in game. I fail to see how these completely honest, tried and true, no way negative reasons are sexist.

in Charr

Posted by: Kalari.2760

Kalari.2760

odd reason but…

the dude who voiced grunt from mass effect voices rytlock

Do i have any idea what im doing you ask?
Nope. Its more fun that way

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

You mean Steve Blum? Yeah, the man’s a god of voice acting.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Charr

Posted by: Vonvanna.4076

Vonvanna.4076

The only thing I said was that females enjoy making females because they like customization, coloring, clothing design and attempting to represent their RL selves in game. I fail to see how these completely honest, tried and true, no way negative reasons are sexist.

As a fellow female I don’t find it sexest I find it quite honest and true to an extent. I decided to basically make my fursona here. I like the customization and the coloring does effect the way I play the game and the reasons for it. I figure if I’m going to be stareing at a charecter for a long time I should like the way it looks and be able to play with the colors of the clothes and the design of them without haveing to compermise my stats.

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

As a fellow female I don’t find it sexest I find it quite honest and true to an extent. I decided to basically make my fursona here. I like the customization and the coloring does effect the way I play the game and the reasons for it. I figure if I’m going to be stareing at a charecter for a long time I should like the way it looks and be able to play with the colors of the clothes and the design of them without haveing to compermise my stats.

Exactly how I feel. I have no fursona or anything like that, but I find mix and matching fur colors and combos, horns and other basic to charr physical aspects one of the most appealing thing about them. And of course the running animation and swishy tail!

in Charr

azureai.9764

And of course the running animation and swishy tail!

A Charr’s tail swishes during its /sleep animation, too. =D

in Charr

caelstraz.6298

You’re still stereotyping female gamers when there are many, MANY (including yourself as you so stated) who don’t play just for the sake of obtaining dyes and appealing armour. You, intentionally or not, were reiterating the sexist typical notion found among many gamers that the average woman plays MMOs to have a “pretty” character, unlike the average male gamer. Maybe you should re-read your original post.

Even IF that’s been your personal experience, that’s in no way representative of the general population, and saying so comes across as sexist whether the intent is there or not. I don’t know why this is a difficult concept?

Some women play mmos to make pretty characters. Others don’t give a kitten about customization and play to participate in pvp or pve competetively, want tough, fierce looking characters, pick male characters…conversely, there are plenty of men who play mmos that spend hours figuring out the gear and dye combinations they like the best.

The point here is that women have a myriad of interests and playstyles and play a myriad of different types of characters…just look at how many women can be found on this subforum alone.

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

You’re still stereotyping female gamers when there are many, MANY (including yourself as you so stated) who don’t play just for the sake of obtaining dyes and appealing armour. You, intentionally or not, were reiterating the sexist typical notion found among many gamers that the average woman plays MMOs to have a “pretty” character, unlike the average male gamer. Maybe you should re-read your original post.

Even IF that’s been your personal experience, that’s in no way representative of the general population, and saying so comes across as sexist whether the intent is there or not. I don’t know why this is a difficult concept?

Some women play mmos to make pretty characters. Others don’t give a kitten about customization and play to participate in pvp or pve competetively, want tough, fierce looking characters, pick male characters…conversely, there are plenty of men who play mmos that spend hours figuring out the gear and dye combinations they like the best.

The point here is that women have a myriad of interests and playstyles and play a myriad of different types of characters…just look at how many women can be found on this subforum alone.

I could have said ANY number of women enjoy customization. Any and someone would have hopped on my back for saying it. 2/3. 4/5. You’re adding to a topic that doesn’t need any more generalization.

Analogy: It’s like saying MANY women enjoy shopping. This is clearly true and drives certain parts of the economy. MANY ads are directed and portrayed to rouse the female psyche. This, too, is a generalization. But I’m sure there are also MANY women don’t like doing it. But the ads are still there and it’s still an option. But lo, by not including them in my statement, I’ve cut them out and offended them. And by generalizing a popular aspect of a game (just like MANY women like shopping but there are those that don’t) that intended to make your own character as something completely not negative, it’s been misconstrued as negative for letting anyone make any character they wish. Imagine that.

In my original post, I didn’t even use the word MANY. I used SOME. So even if 10 out of the 10,000 people that enjoy dye collections (SOME of which are female), they are included in that sum. Perhaps you should reread what I wrote.

So, basically, you’re upset because I didn’t put “women can do anything they’d like in this game not just be pretty” in my text while I focused on one of the obvious and a seemingly desirable trait about customization and character selection. That’s why it’s included in the game! Yes, women can make their characters desirable to look at. They can make them ugly as hell. They can make men! They can do whatever they want! Wow! Perhaps we should all just jump to the end of the character looks/history screen to avoid this whole crazy, shallow notion of making something yours!

TLDR; women play other women (ugly, attractive, or even men) because: reasons. There is now no need to add to this pointless topic since sexism wasn’t intended. So please stop. Who knew saying x amount of people like customization, dyes (options given in the game!) would cause such an unnecessary flurry.

(edited by Ropihl.2150)

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

And of course the running animation and swishy tail!

A Charr’s tail swishes during its /sleep animation, too. =D

Yup, and the feet twitch, too, if you watch em!

in Charr

azureai.9764

I’m a dude, and I love customization. Getting to customize and dress up a character is an easy way to lure me into a game. (In fact, that’s what my buddy did to get me into this one.) Took me a long time to settle on my Charr’s looks.

Awesome! I’ll have to catch that next time I do the animation! =D

in Charr

caelstraz.6298

I’ll quote you since you seem to be confused…

Didn’t feel like rolling a human female since I have no desire to obtain dyes or gather the most appealing armor, as I’m guessing other girl players do. I usually run the beast type races like the Covenant, Zerg and what not. Charr fit for me and love the fluffy tails and fur customization!

Intent is irrelevant…your intent does not remove the sexism from your original post…which has a direct implication of sexism regardless of what you intended. No one is “upset”, I was just pointing out that the poster who called your post sexist was correct…that’s all. But if you want to continue missing the boat that’s your choice I suppose? I still don’t understand why this is such a difficult concept.

ps: You may want to work on your analogies as many ads are sexist as well…oh and your reading comprehension because no one said women shouldn’t enjoy customization or that customization is inherently negative.

Take it or leave it. You’re the one who seems to be getting upset by this conversation.

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

I’ll quote you since you seem to be confused…

Didn’t feel like rolling a human female since I have no desire to obtain dyes or gather the most appealing armor, as I’m guessing other girl players do. I usually run the beast type races like the Covenant, Zerg and what not. Charr fit for me and love the fluffy tails and fur customization!

Intent is irrelevant…your intent does not remove the sexism from your original post…which has a direct implication of sexism regardless of what you intended. No one is “upset”, I was just pointing out that the poster who called your post sexist was correct…that’s all. But if you want to continue missing the boat that’s your choice I suppose? I still don’t understand why this is such a difficult concept.

ps: You may want to work on your analogies as many ads are sexist as well…oh and your reading comprehension because no one said women shouldn’t enjoy customization or that customization is inherently negative.

Take it or leave it. You’re the one who seems to be getting upset by this conversation.

I guess you didn’t catch the don’t add to this topic. Real shame.

And I’m sorry you view ads are sexist. Some of them are, that’s for sure. But I guess it’s just something you’re going to have to learn to live with as it’s a daily “generalization” that women enjoy clothing, shopping and other apparently sexist things. And while it’s a generalization, it’s “generally” true! Why is there so much money spent on it by consumers and producers alike? Because it’s “generally” what women want. Why are dyes and unique armor so expensive in the TP? Because people want these things, and wow some out of those 10,000 may be women. Therefore making my post true and generalized while I, in no way, shape or form ever used a number, minority or majority. Unless, of course, you view everything sexist, even things that are positive. Then I’m sorry your world is so small. I once had a friend who only read novels if the main character was female. Talk about sexist and a small world all at once! How much she was missing, focusing in on one detail of the story. I guess it was her loss.

So next time when you’re out there shopping with your girlfriends or whatnot, just remember that buying those cute clothes is apparently feeding the negative stereotype that looking appealing is sexist and that the companies counting on you to buy their items is wrong for thinking so, even though it drives their business.. So you better not touch those dyes! Same idea.

Customization is not negative. Some people like it, some don’t. It’s the “generalization” that seems to put you up in arms when the “generalization” isn’t negative. I’m pretty kitten sure that a majority of women enjoy looking nice, including in game and in real life. And this crazy, far out notion is apparently wrong of me to assume, even though it’s true. THAT’s what I’m upset about. This whole argument is because I said an undisclosed amount of women enjoy being attractive, collecting dyes (clothes) and making a character (themselves) their own is sexist, that I assumed this to be true and guess what it is. So..what’s the issue here?? The truth here is, in your eyes, wrong of me to bring up, even though there can be analogies and surveys and asking anyone on the street that this assumption of women enjoying or trying to be unique and proud of their attractiveness whatever is “generally true.”

How about this. Valentine’s day is coming up, do you like chocolate, one of the most popular treats used as a gift for women? Well, I don’t. Those chocolate makers are wrong for not including me in their projected consumers, shame on them for thinking those pink heart shaped boxes would entice me to their product because I am a female. Very sexist of them. And next time you’re out on a romantic date with a male friend (or female, it’s up to you) you kitten well better go Dutch on it because the generalization that men pay for dinner is very much sexist! Make sure to grab your purse. Wait, that’s a generalization that some/most women have purses (of which is true!!). I’d say wallet, but some/most men generally use those and I’d be sexist on the male side. Bring money!

I’m not arguing with you anymore. Yes, the world is sexist and apparently me generalizing that some/other x amount of women enjoy their own uniqueness is so hypothetical, it clearly had to spark a pointless debate about the ethical values on a video game forum. So, please, don’t bother arguing with me anymore. Because now it isn’t worth my time.

(edited by Ropihl.2150)

in Charr

Ropihl.2150

I’m a dude, and I love customization. Getting to customize and dress up a character is an easy way to lure me into a game. (In fact, that’s what my buddy did to get me into this one.) Took me a long time to settle on my Charr’s looks.

Awesome! I’ll have to catch that next time I do the animation! =D

I had 3 betas to figure out what my charr main would look like. Took me a while, too. I’m incredibly picky when it comes to those things, the nose has to be right, tilt of the eyes. Mass Effect left me at the character screen for hours trying to get it all figured out. Too bad in ME1 and ME2, the female character always had a perpetual duckface, haha! ME3 couldn’t even import my other femShep face, which was a shame.

in Charr

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Because of the way Anet fleshed out their culture and gave us a culture I can not only relate to, but enjoy. The fact they look badkitten is just icing on the cake….or gravy on the meat hehe. Plus:

http://youtu.be/W7Hyblot9Co

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Charr

Posted by: JackassTheX.6351

JackassTheX.6351

I HATE cats. That’s out of the way. No kitty cat cute fluffy BS for me

Charr are fighters, survivors, inventors. It fits my inner “warrior”. They know what’s out to get them and they know how to counter it, be it by means of force, machinery or deception. The quotes too… “We rip each day from life’s teeth”. Effin’ genius.

Also I think they are the most down to earth, beer and meat&potatoes race. I love their humor and attitude. I can’t stand the kitteny Norn and the condescending Asura… Humans are just plain lame at times – anyone who’s had to put up with Lord Faren would probably agree. Sylvari… they appeal to my philosophical side but they take s**t too seriously sometimes.

While Charr Engie is my alt I find myself playing the storyline with a lot more enthusiasm than that of my Sylvari Necro. I just love the concept of Charr, ’nuff said.

in Charr

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

Cuz’ I thought they looked freakin’ awesome. To bad I didn’t know that A-Net had failed completely when making gear so I can’t use half the stuff. So stopped playing my charr and made a human instead since they are pretty much the only ones who has no buggy gear.

in Charr

Posted by: Yegads.5182

Yegads.5182

Two words: Meatober Fest

/nuked my middle level Asura eng and rerolled it as a Charr when I discovered that.

in Charr

Posted by: Kaiza Scorchrazor.5083

Kaiza Scorchrazor.5083

I played the first Guildwars and fell in love with Charr from the first one I had to kill as a human in pre-searing. I was sad to have to kill them. They looked so awesome. Then I met Pyre Fierceshot. He was the most handsome Male Charr I’ve ever seen. I was stricken. I made sure to always have him in my party as a hero. I even got him some cool brotherhood armor.

Then Guildwars 2 made my dream come true. Of course I had to wait a very long time for it, but all the while I was watching all the videos and reading up on all the lore about charr I could get my paws on. Not only could I play a Charr, but a FEMALE Charr! They are so cute! I get into character creation and make some beautiful fur patterns… but wait…. low any behold… all the armors cover up my fur and don’t give off the same amazing style I fell in love with in the beginning..

What I loved about eye of the north charr was the fur patterns. Covering those up with armor feels like such a waste of all the time I spent customizing my charr. Sure, I could just run around with no armor on…. but I want some armor that show off both my fur and that beautiful armor style from gw1 and from Kekai Kotaki’s concept art.

More info here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/charr/Charr-Armor-1

in Charr

Posted by: relayinabox.4219

relayinabox.4219

Rolled a charr (actually, a couple of them) because I wanted to see if they could be tipped over in their sleep. The rolling was an accident due to gravity and being atop a hill.

/dodgerolls off a jumping puzzle

In all seriousness I rolled a Charr because I really liked their design in GW1. EotN further piqued my curiosity about their culture, and I really wanted to play one after that. I’m really glad I did. Charr are one of my favourite Guild Wars species now, and it’s hard to go back to playing anything else.

of the Tarnished Coast

in Charr

Posted by: Daggoth.3102

Daggoth.3102

I’ve wanted to play a charr warrior since early gw1 i finally got the game and the first char i made was of course a charr warrior. big strong beasts.

in Charr

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

My two favorite races in GW2 are humans and charr, and both share some similar reasons. Both races have a long, rich history in Tyria, and are the only two races that weren’t invented for GW2 (yes, they were in Eye of the North but that was designed specifically as a ‘bridge’ between GW1 and 2). The humans and Charr feel like the two most important of the major races in the wider world, and their centuries old conflict (and the gradual healing of wounds and march towards peace) is by far the most interesting relationship between two of the major races.

The humans and Charr also feel like the two most fleshed out societies in the game – and I’d actually put Charr above humans in this capacity. More than any other race, they’ve progressed and evolved as a culture since GW1. Humans have to a degree technologically, but they aren’t radically different on a societal level. Asura and Norn are pretty similar to how they were in EotN. Charr, however, have really evolved as a society.

I normally hate bestial races, but the Charr are done right. No attempt to sexualize them and they aren’t sterilized into being too human-like. They feel like a genuine different race; where norn sometimes feel like big humans and asura sometimes feel like a comedic race, charr feel the most like a living, breathing society that is very different from humanity.

Overall I just think Charr as a race were handled very well and written the best of all the races, and their importance in Tyria and their rich history is rivaled only by the humans. This is why my main is a human and my primary alt is charr; nothing in the other three races captivates me like the history and evolution of the human and charr societies.

in Charr

Posted by: Darosir.3619

Darosir.3619

Warloving cats! nuff said!

The Dragons will be defeated…

in Charr

caelstraz.6298

long time between replies but you’re still clearly missing the boat, but uh, whatever helps you sleep at night…I also love people who say “stop arguing with me” as though it doesn’t take two to tango and they have NO CHOICE but to respond even when they want the conversation to be over! What a terrible situation!

All that kitten aside…

I HATE cats. That’s out of the way. No kitty cat cute fluffy BS for me

Charr are fighters, survivors, inventors. It fits my inner “warrior”. They know what’s out to get them and they know how to counter it, be it by means of force, machinery or deception. The quotes too… “We rip each day from life’s teeth”. Effin’ genius.

Also I think they are the most down to earth, beer and meat&potatoes race. I love their humor and attitude. I can’t stand the kitteny Norn and the condescending Asura… Humans are just plain lame at times – anyone who’s had to put up with Lord Faren would probably agree. Sylvari… they appeal to my philosophical side but they take s**t too seriously sometimes.

While Charr Engie is my alt I find myself playing the storyline with a lot more enthusiasm than that of my Sylvari Necro. I just love the concept of Charr, ’nuff said.

yessss thisthisthis. My main problem with the rest of the races, aesthetics aside, is they feel kinda…flat. Sylvari would probably be my second favourite. But the other three just aren’t fleshed out enough to me – or, perhaps, just not in a way that really resonates with me.

edit: I absolutely love that you say “no kitty cat cute fluffy bs for me” yet the anet censor changes your name to “Kitten”…bahaha!!!

in Charr

Posted by: Morzak.1730

Morzak.1730

Because Steam Punk, atheist and Engi just makes for a great combo, and to be honest they’re the least annoying of all the races. I was quite interested in the Asura, but apparently the writers thought it would be a great idea to make everyone including your character extremely annoying with bad bad voices . Will probably try the Sylvary for an alt, but neither Norn or Human seems to be interesting.

in Charr

Posted by: Jolken.1540

Jolken.1540

Badly wanted a charr thief. Seem to differentiate from the other races which (I think) only fit with a few classes. He’s a subtle thief even though he’s a rowdy charr whose furring problem is not an asset.
Now I’ve also came to like them for the Waterworldy steampunkdesign, and before, I didn’t even know they were atheists. They are realistic and direct. Yes.

in Charr

Posted by: Oregateau.2814

Oregateau.2814

Because Quaggan aren’t playable yet.

in Charr

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Because victory belongs to the charr! Oh, and charr puns make for awesome names.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Charr

Posted by: BELDAYNE.7415

BELDAYNE.7415

I have a Charr Engineer. Cat on steroids with a flamethrower and explosives? (gives me chills) I wish I could sound intillectual and say its their views.etc. but no its how cool he looks with the guns.

Kono