Cheapest Crafts to level 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zak.8274

Zak.8274

I’ve already done Artificing which took me ~2 hours and cost me a little under 1 gold. Since I’ve tried to take a similar approach to leathermaking with no luck…

I know that cooking used to be super easy to level but it seems that it has been made more expensive since then… (but if you know how to do it cheap I would love to know)

So let me ask you guys. What do you think are the cheapest crafts to level?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kayg Hunter.7849

Kayg Hunter.7849

I leveled from 50-257 Jeweller very quickly at a cost of about 1g. Could have maybe spent a little less, if I had more lower tier gems to Transmogrify… But alas, I didn’t. Apparently Chef used to be real cheap, a few gold and some karma could get it 1-400 very quickly, not sure since the karma vendors update though. As for the rest of my Jeweller levels, not sure atm how much roughly it will cost, but not in a panic right now for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

Artificing is really that cheap, or did you already have a lot of the mats to help you along the way? I was debating leveling it to make my staffs since the markup on a crafted 80 exo staff (vs the materials needed) is a few g’s and I need to make two, so if I can save 4-5gs and get it to 400 at the same time that would be great.

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in Crafting

Posted by: Zak.8274

Zak.8274

Posted this in another thread but here it is again:

Artificing is hella easy. Costs 1 gold if you do it right. Here’s how:

1. Make tuning crystals at each level until you don’t get xp for it and then merch them. You can usually get a better price then what you pay on dust on the TP (usually i made 1 cp or break even).
2. When you aren’t getting xp for tuning crystals make potions of centaur slaying. When this stops giving you xp make potions of dredge or ogre slaying.
3. This may seem redundant but at any point that you can make xp for it make tuning crystals. They are the cheapest way to level.
4. You cannot use potions to get from 390 to 400. As such you have to use the discovery system (like you would for most other crafts). You should be able to do it in 3-4 discoverys of rare top tier items. Most of these merch for about the same as materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Assassin.3927

Assassin.3927

it was jewelry for me, with the crafting boost and ~2g credit line(because they all payback by the time your done leveling) i could of leveled it from 1-385 within few minutes, discover all recipe for 4 type of gems, which is 24 discovery per tier, ring amulet earring + filigree. 208 ores of each tier except for orichalcum,(optional at the end to make up the leveling cost) buy a few lvl 400 rare recipes. the last 25 levels should be a profiting process

(edited by Assassin.3927)