The Silver Doubloon Debacle

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So T2 gems and marks/talismans?

You can use four t2 or a mix of two t1s + two t3. (technically a t1, two t2s, and a t3 should work). check the minimum level to equip of the marks/talismans to see where they fall in the pattern.

You are looking for an average item level in the 21-32 range. There is probably a sweet spot somewhere where you use three t1s and a single item a lot higher to pull the average up.

If you “under bid” you can still occasionally get one due to the 20% to randomly promote to the next tier, but that ends up being super rare in practice. Likewise if you set up a bunch of nice clean average of t2 runs, 20% or so will promote out to t3 results. At least those are easy to mix back in in later combines .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zorric.5704

Zorric.5704

Heavy Skritt bag of Shinies or something (its in my thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Suggestion-to-fix-silver-doubloons-issue) is worth 16 s or so per bag, only drops from skritt areas in wvw, and is the only high level option for silver doubloons.

My suggestion was by far the most comprehensive and also made uses for excess blood stone dust (new legendary ideas/new higher level doubloons)

Thank you for this! I could not remember where this was so I could not post the information with certainty.

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

Mystic Forge:
The Mystic Forge converts any four of the same type of item into an equivalent or one tier higher. Since Silver Doubloons are considered universal upgrade components, this means throwing four upgrade components of the same level or one tier lower may results in giving back a Silver Doubloon. (Note: Doubloons can only be put in the forge with this recipe: Copper + Silver + Gold + Platinum = Chance at a level 50 or higher upgrade component; they cannot be put in any other way for a result)
Marks, Pebbles, Pearls, and Nuggets can result in giving a Silver Doubloon. Any combination will work but four Pebbles will give the best results at a 5% chance.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gemstone
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Universal_upgrade

Please read my posts for the information already provided. Rehashing this subject should happen only when something new is found or is not explained correctly.
Any Tier 1 Pebble and Pearl combination can result in another Tier 1 Pebble or Pearl, Copper or Silver Doubloon, or Tier 2 Nugget or Mark.
Any Tier 2(level 20 req) Nugget or Mark combination can result in another Tier 2 Nugget or Mark, Silver or Gold Doubloon, or Tier 3(level 35 req) Lumps and Talismans.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 materials can be combined in the forge for a chance at a Silver Doubloon.
Tier 3 components NEVER result in Silver Doubloons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

…..
that said, I do agree something should be done about them. we should be able to craft silver doubloons from copper doubloons the same way gold doubloons are made.

I agree, but keep in mind when they “turn on” this recipe, Copper Doubloon prices will SKYROCKET (at least until Silver Doubloon prices reach a normal level).

As I bought plenty stacks of copper doubloons, hoping that Anet will implement this, I wouldnt mind this.

But common sense tells me, that this isnt a good solution because i dont see Copper Doubloons being any more obtainable than Silver Doubloons for lvl 80 characters.
Granted, they drop more often from the mf and from bags but thats it.

If Anet would implement the promotion of copper to silver doubloons, it would be a short term fix, improving the price of copper doubloons and easing the price of silver doubloons.

I made quite some money on silver doubloons myself but i think its time for Anet to react on this. I am mostly annoyed that every couple of days a new topic concerning them pops up, as the OP stated.

I reported several topics in order to merge them and nothing happened, right now the top 2 topics in the crafting forum are concerned with SD and both have around of 50 replies and 1500 views.

From personal experience, i can tell you that opening loot bags that contain Silver Doubloons is the cheapest way to get them. And dont go about in a lvl 20-30 zone to farm the bags, just buy them off the TP.

In order to buy the right loot bags at the right buy order price, you need experience and knowledge of the market. Because its not about the drop rate of SD of the various bags, its about the value of all the other stuff you get to get a proper return of investment.

For clarification, within the last 3 months, i opened over 100k lootbags of various kinds and kept spreadsheets.

On the official Wiki there are drop rate researches for nearly every loot bag but for most of them, the sample size is very low and my personal one is way higher.

From those 100k lootbags i opened, about 65% had silver doubloons on their loot table.
When i went for it, i wanted all the other stuff i get from them to cover my initial costs and the SD to be my profit.

This of course takes alot of knowledge of the prices of the other items on the loot table and they change alot.

To give you one example:

When the Scarlet Invasions happened every hour and they happened to be in a lvl 20-30 zone, the aetherblade pirates dropped light bags of booty.

I got them for 60-70c on buy order, thousands every day.
The kicker was that at that time t2 fine crafting mats, which were the main drop from those bags, where valued between 2-4s.

I basically made more than 1s profit for double.clicking a lootbag and got dozens of SD to sell every day.

I still occasionally buy stacks of lootbags, as soon as my spreadsheets tell me that the regular drops value surpasses the buy order price of the lootbag by a certain margin but in the end, i wouldnt mind Anet to introduce a solution to this problem alot of players seem to have.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

Thanks for the post Wanze!

in Crafting

Posted by: Apfelcreme.5048

Apfelcreme.5048

i don’t know why this isnt adressed by anet, like you said its way more expensive to craft the juggernaught than any other legendary (well ok, eternity is out for the moment). If you play your character with a hammer thats quite a hindrance to be on par with other builds.

Drapoleith – Guardian – Kodasch

in Crafting

Posted by: Alicja.4539

Alicja.4539

Suggestion:
What if it was possible to convert higher-tier dubloons into lower-tier ones? Imagine a mini-game that is similar to gambling, you put a dubloon of your choice on stake, and have a (for example)
- 25% chance of getting it back;
- 15% chance of getting a higher-tier one;
- 20% chance of getting two lower-tier ones;
- 15% chance of getting three higher-tier ones;
- 25% of getting nothing at all.
Someone with more gambling could think better win/loss scheme and what to do for bidding lowest/highest tier items, this is just a general idea; but it would bring the “luck” factor back to dubloons (:

Alternatively, you could salvage a higher-tier one with a chance of getting either some dust or some worthless gray item or 1-3 lower-tier dubloons. Less exciting, and makes less sense, but possible…

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Using the 4 types of doubloons as tokens to play a minigame sounds AWESOME to me!

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont see the debacle. Silver Doubloons are fine for a legendary weapon.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Akthanakos.7083

Akthanakos.7083

the price of silvers doubloons are outrageous, instead of paying for 1 precursor your in fact paying for 2.

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

The Juggernaut is now the most expensive legendary weapon to make. I warn anyone who goes after this weapon to be ready to farm with alts and be prepared to pay very high prices. As Silver Doubloons reach 2g each there no sign of slowing the price increase anytime soon.

To those flipping, now is the time to profit well. I watched the number on the market drop below 200 the other night AND the demand at the time exceeded 4600. People will buy at higher prices.

Farmers need to farm to keep the supply up also so if you’re slacking then shame on you! lol

Again, thank you all for your posts. Good luck and good hunting!

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I believe the missing transmogrify recipe is a bug or a design oversight, at best. I cannot imagine it was intended game design, particularly because it promotes unintended game play. I have therefore requested that it be addressed as such. Let’s hope this issue will be resolved once and for all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

You know how the search is on this sight so I post this thinking it may be a new idea…
Why not have the not only the ability to go from copper → silver but have a way to downgrade gold and platinum as well.
There is already precedence for that kind of strategy. The way you can take a glob or shard of mists essence and downgrade to the material below it.
It would spread the inflated prices out over copper, gold, and platinum Doubloons.

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

I believe the missing transmogrify recipe is a bug or a design oversight, at best. I cannot imagine it was intended game design, particularly because it promotes unintended game play. I have therefore requested that it be addressed as such. Let’s hope this issue will be resolved once and for all.

Thank you Buttercup! Any awareness or response would be awesome.

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

You know how the search is on this sight so I post this thinking it may be a new idea…
Why not have the not only the ability to go from copper -> silver but have a way to downgrade gold and platinum as well.
There is already precedence for that kind of strategy. The way you can take a glob or shard of mists essence and downgrade to the material below it.
It would spread the inflated prices out over copper, gold, and platinum Doubloons.

That proposal would indeed make the most sense (since it means you can acquire the doubloons naturally over time through regular, intended end-game gameplay), and it was the first thing that crossed my mind as well. I didn’t want to push my luck though, I first would like to have the oversight/bug fixed; we can then start thinking about improving the situation to how it should be.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

It wont happen because it would lower the value of Juggernaut by about 400 gold if it happens.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

It wont happen because it would lower the value of Juggernaut by about 400 gold if it happens.

I dont see this should stop Anet from implementing a change. They warned us months ago that the economy will be in disequilibrium in the second half of 2013.

Even if Juggernaut loses 400G in value, thats less than 20% value decrease.
T6 Dust lost over 60% value when they made ectos salvageable and Sentinel Inscriptions lost over 70% value when they made them available from the Guild Commendations Vendor.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

20% is a lot in absolute numbers. Just deal with the prices of silver doubloons. I did the same when I built my juggernaut and I would be angry if Anet devalues my legendary. The disequibrilirium was not directed at legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

20% is a lot in absolute numbers. Just deal with the prices of silver doubloons. I did the same when I built my juggernaut and I would be angry if Anet devalues my legendary. The disequibrilirium was not directed at legendaries.

You are saying that there was no sudden increase in silver doubloon price lately? I must have been seeing things then.

If i haven’t been seeing things, though, and doubloons did increase in price dramatically, then there is no reason why they could not drop back closer to earlier levels.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Add crafting recipes:
1 platinum doubloon = 2 gold
1 gold = 2 silver
1 silver = 2 copper

Crafting possible in both directions. Maybe for jeweler. They already can transmute gems.

This would solve the problem. Or make it easier for high level chars to get those. I think the supply is only that small because it is used in that legendary gift(high amounts needed) and not many people get them cause once you reached max level you never will get more if you are only in high level areas.

Edit: Oh and you should not talk to mach about value of Juggernaut… afaik they also plan somewhere in the future that there are other ways to get precursors. This will devalue a lot of them and also devalue the legendaries. I think they did not intend it to be that expensive.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Right now I have 3 alts doing the LA Jp every day and doing the Mystic Forge recipe for over 2 months. Right now I have 90 Silver doubloons which at this rate will keep me busy for a good 6 months till I have 250.

In a way I am glad to see that a lot of people have a problem with this but what I find more sad about this, is that up till now and in following all the months of people posting about this, I have yet to see any respond from Anet.

So dear Anet, would you mind giving us a reply to this, since it has been brought to your attention for months now. We would really love a solution.

Thank you.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So does that mean that someone who crafted the Juggernaut during the early days of the game when Silver Doubloons cost silvers, that his Juggernaut is somehow of lesser value than yours?

Prices of goods rise and fall in value all the time. It doesn’t subtract from the intrinsic value of the item itself, which is only what the market would pay for it. If, in the future, new Legendaries were released and the price of old Legendaries crashed to 300g or less, would you shelve your Juggernaut because it wasn’t expensive anymore?

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

I dont see the debacle. Silver Doubloons are fine for a legendary weapon.

Obviously, you are not reading this thread. Something here is amiss and we are here to DISCUSS this. So why do you think there is no debacle? Evidence?

Anet has never been afraid of price change and I wouldn’t expect them too. If you have equipped your legendary, it is worth nothing to any other players. Nothing. It is soulbound and any value you give it is only sentimental. Plus, the value of the Juggernaut is much higher than the other legendaries already so lowering the price would help keep it on par.

Again, we are discussing this. Do we have to deal? Yeah, for now. Do all of us want to? Nope. We think it’s a little unfair. OR we think the market will not even out. The disequilibrium was aimed at the whole economy if you missed that. A lot of materials for the legendaries increased or decreased in price and have changed since then. And again, your legendary is worth nothing to the market but the materials to make one are worth much more to the market. Silver doubloons are rising in price steadily and they are not evening out any time soon. Thank you for you time.

Right now I have 3 alts doing the LA Jp every day and doing the Mystic Forge recipe for over 2 months. Right now I have 90 Silver doubloons which at this rate will keep me busy for a good 6 months till I have 250.

In a way I am glad to see that a lot of people have a problem with this but what I find more sad about this, is that up till now and in following all the months of people posting about this, I have yet to see any respond from Anet.

So dear Anet, would you mind giving us a reply to this, since it has been brought to your attention for months now. We would really love a solution.

Thank you.

I would also like to see a response. Good luck to you in your silver doubloon search!

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

So does that mean that someone who crafted the Juggernaut during the early days of the game when Silver Doubloons cost silvers, that his Juggernaut is somehow of lesser value than yours?

When silver doubloons were cheap gold was worth more and less people in the position to afford legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Hum….
We have players who farm the level 1-15 areas. We have ayers who farm the level 80 areas. Are we missing players who farm the areas that drop silver doubloons?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Hum….
We have players who farm the level 1-15 areas. We have ayers who farm the level 80 areas. Are we missing players who farm the areas that drop silver doubloons?

They dont drop directly from mobs, so hardly farmable.

in Crafting

Yamagawa.5941

Hum….

Is that a fact?
Tonight, I’ll see if i can prove that wrong.
//Portable Corpse
“Apples from the Trading Post?”
“Yep. Want one?” Nom

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Hum….

That it drops directly from a bag that is associated with a known target list is about as farmable as it gets.

Only difference is that as a bag you can choose to buy-&-sell the RISK as well as the final product.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

When silver doubloons were cheap gold was worth more and less people in the position to afford legendaries.

The change in price took less than a month, you know.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Zorric.5704

Is that a fact?
//Portable Corpse
“Yep. Want one?” Nom

What did you find? Any new ways to achieve these doubloons would be much appreciated but I doubt you’ll see any past the data already found.

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

This issue has gone on for one year now, and it’s only getting worse. It’s not healthy anymore.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Silver-Doubloons-a-year-of-ignore/first#post3167340

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

The change in price took less than a month, you know.

Because people realized Anet will do nothing about it. There is no reason for them to make completly cosmetic and optional items any easier to get. I bet you 500g that they made these doubloons hard to get on purpose and did not include that recipe for the same reason.

in Crafting

Buttercup.5871

Because people realized Anet will do nothing about it.

Mal, don’t you mean “I want Anet to do nothing about it”? As you, and you alone, have been saying over and over again at every opportunity you can get? And obstructing the efforts of those who try to raise awareness for a fix?

in Crafting

Yamagawa.5941

Is that a fact?
//Portable Corpse
“Yep. Want one?” Nom

What did you find? Any new ways to achieve these doubloons would be much appreciated but I doubt you’ll see any past the data already found.

What I found was myself staring at a clock, while at work, waiting for 11:00pm EST to roll around so I could reboot a server and see if it gave off pyrotechnic sparks or not.

There were no sparks.

On a more relevant note, ballpark armchair math suggests to me that there may be a stack or three of silver doubloons hiding in the bags already on the market, but this is abusing the term ‘ballpark’ to mean ‘oddly precise given nearly zero data’ — the wiki lists 0 or one possible drops for two of the 3 loot bags I looked up. Seriously, is there a source of drop rate data out there, or do we suck at gathering data?

That and, 3 stacks of doubloons might drop the price by a several copper, but not by enough to equalize legendary pricing. :S

So I’m eyeing my ‘crafting reserve’ in my bank (6 stacks of large/heavy bags) and thinking:
Central invasion sucks for farming if you are at it in a party of 4. Up that zerg by 40, and people start begging for early access to a merchant.
With event scaling and its effect on drops in mind…

What I want to find is content that matches very specific criteria:

• drops loot bags containing silver doubloons.
  • contains an event chain of 5+ events.
  • 2+ of the events in the chain must be timed defense events – a “defend this point until the clock expires” or equivalent. These are the farm events.
  • links to multiple champions, or a world chest, or both – this is the main attraction.

If you can find me that, I think can find you a Zerg that will roll the events – if I do that enough on the same server, they won’t need me to lead them, they will farm it themselves, adding a stack+ of loot bags to the economy each time.
Repeat that across all servers as part of peoples daily routine, and prices will take a dip… But it takes the right kind of content to draw the players (and assumes players are not currently doing this).
//Portable Corpse

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What loot bags are we talking about? I have yet to see THAT info posted anywhere.

I’m guessing anything with SMALL or regular bags? Are they specific types of bags?

Is this kind of “loot table” info available for consumption on the internet? I have yet to locate this data myself.

I get this may be info people are trying to keep secret, but I’m generally just curious for a variety of reasons (I certainly don’t have the gold to buy stacks of loot bags on the TP even if they were available).

I’d appreciate a PM if nobody wants to post it public.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

What loot bags are we talking about? I have yet to see THAT info posted anywhere.

I’m guessing anything with SMALL or regular bags? Are they specific types of bags?

Is this kind of “loot table” info available for consumption on the internet? I have yet to locate this data myself.

I get this may be info people are trying to keep secret, but I’m generally just curious for a variety of reasons (I certainly don’t have the gold to buy stacks of loot bags on the TP even if they were available).

Zorric mentioned it in his OP, you cant have looked very hard.

Small Miner’s Bag: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Small_Miner%27s_Bag
Light Bag of Booty: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Bag_of_Booty
Bag of Pilfered Goods: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Pilfered_Goods
Light Miner’s Bag: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Miner%27s_Bag
Heavy Bag of Skritt Shinies: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Bag_of_Skritt_Shinies

Concerning drop rates:

Some of the pages from the bags on the wiki have a link to droprate research, here is an overview of most bags in the game:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container

Fortunately, I have the gold to buy dozens of stacks of lootbags on the tp and in the last 4 months I opened nearly 100k of them for profit.

I have spreadsheets with average droprates of the items on the loot table per stack and a little program, that tracks the prices of the lootbag itself and of each item on the loot table.

Based on my personal droprate research (which usually has a way higher sample size than the drop rate research on the official wiki), it also calculates the projected profit per stack at current prices.

From those 100k lootbags, nearly half of them were Light Bags of Booty because for me, they have been the most profitable at certain times, when their supply was high, so those are the ones i bought the most.

I wont give you the exact percentage of the Silver Doubloon droprate but you can expect between 0.6-0.9 Silver Doubloons per stack.

One of the bags with Silver Doubloons on the loot table has an average droprate of over 1.0 per stack but usually the value of the other items on the loot table were abysmal, so not really worth it.

But with SD´s reaching 2g now, i might do some more research into that one.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

What I want to find is content that matches very specific criteria:

• drops loot bags containing silver doubloons.
  • contains an event chain of 5+ events.
  • 2+ of the events in the chain must be timed defense events – a “defend this point until the clock expires” or equivalent. These are the farm events.
  • links to multiple champions, or a world chest, or both – this is the main attraction.

If you can find me that, I think can find you a Zerg that will roll the events – if I do that enough on the same server, they won’t need me to lead them, they will farm it themselves, adding a stack+ of loot bags to the economy each time.
Repeat that across all servers as part of peoples daily routine, and prices will take a dip… But it takes the right kind of content to draw the players (and assumes players are not currently doing this).
//Portable Corpse

Scarlets Invasions match all your criterias (Aetherblade Pirates drop Light Bags of Booty when a lvl 20-30 map gets invaded) and personally i think that the initial Invasion LS has alot to do with the current price spike.

The 2 updates in August, Queens Jubilee and the Invasions, were both 5-star-farmfests and many people made alot of gold during August.
In my opinion, Anet wanted to pump some gold and mats into the economy prior to ascended weaponcrafting.

In the first half of 2012, not many people were actually able to go for the Juggernaut because they still didnt get the pre cursor or could afford it.

I finished mine in May or June, I think.

But during August, alot of people could actually afford (or thought they could) to go for Juggernaut. Unfortunately the supply for Silver Doubloons kept steady while the demand rose.

As I already mentioned in my post above, Light Bags of Booty drop silver doubloons and are farmable from Aether Blade Pirates during invasions in lvl 20-30 maps and when the Invasions were on an hourly basis in August, hundreds of stacks entered the Trading Post/economy every hour.

So during August, Silver Doubloon supply was also at a high but soon after, it dumped down significantly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Zorric mentioned it in his OP, you cant have looked very hard.

My bad. I did not see that list in the original post (it IS 3 posts down).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Yamagawa.5941

Hum. I may need to look up this ‘scarlet’. I’d been invited to one of her invasions while I was in a bit of a funk with the game, and funks being funks, was not impressed with the content.

I can probably survive the content now without making rash emotional declarations about it, so I shal see what is to be found when she hits a lower level area, and do so on some of the less adventurous servers.
//Portable Corpse

in Crafting

Posted by: Azog.3671

Azog.3671

Actuall situation is…cost of 250 doubloons is 530g…price of Colossus is about 559g…this is true epic from Anet, one stack of materials will be more expensive than a precursor…but noone cares…why so much ignorance…its totally not worth to make the hammer, because for the mats cost you can make nearly 2 other legendary…epic fail at finest

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Its a cosmetic, so its worth it if you like the skin, no matter the price. I definatly would build a juggernaut even if a stack silver doubloons would cost 1000g.

in Crafting

Alicja.4539

Its a cosmetic, so its worth it if you like the skin, no matter the price. I definatly would build a juggernaut even if a stack silver doubloons would cost 1000g.

After the recent update when legendaries can change stats at whim and will always stay on the highest item level, it is no longer a cosmetic item.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Changing stats is a niche use. I would bet most people choose their stats once (either PVT or zerker) and never touch it again. And its still cosmetic, it has no additional stats or slot compared to ascended.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

The only reason 250 doubloons cost 500g is because someone with 500g WANTS THEM MORE THAN YOU DO.

If people with money didn’t want not be in line ahead of you, the price would not rise.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

The only reason 250 doubloons cost 500g is because someone with 500g WANTS THEM MORE THAN YOU DO.

No, that is one of the reasons, but not the only one. The main reason why they cost so much is extremely low supply. Precursor-level low.

And changing stats is not niche. I wouldn’t even be considering Juggernaut if not for it (i consider it rather ugly), and would be content with my ascended hammer.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Crafting

Yamagawa.5941

Let me point to comments from the staff on another thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Legendaries-Rework/first#post2074359

Could it be that the reason we’ve not seen changes to doubloon supply is because the intent is to correct things by way of introducing other legendaries that do not use doubloons? Why introduce a correction if a later update makes it into another flaw?

//Portable Corpse
“Bah, another silly silver doubloon. I remember when these cost nearly two gold, now even merchants don’t want them.”

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

No, that is one of the reasons, but not the only one. The main reason why they cost so much is extremely low supply. Precursor-level low.

And changing stats is not niche. I wouldn’t even be considering Juggernaut if not for it (i consider it rather ugly), and would be content with my ascended hammer.

Why not make several ascended then? Even if you use 5 different stats it would be cheaper.

in Crafting

Alicja.4539

Why not make several ascended then? Even if you use 5 different stats it would be cheaper.

In my guild people change stats on legendaries couple times a day. People do WvWvW/dungeons/open PvE and choose for different stats in different content, depending on what is handy. It’s a really nice feat.
And the legendaries will never age. Ascended items can become outdated one day; legendaries never will. Plus, to carry around 5 weapons sets occupies your inventory (:

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

If you really believe they will still be “best in slot” if they decide to raise the level cap, you are probably in for a nasty suprise.

in Crafting

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

If you really believe they will still be “best in slot” if they decide to raise the level cap, you are probably in for a nasty suprise.

Source? Or just speculation?