IMO: ArenaNet favors Evon (Unfair!)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Don’t disagree that they have made some changes designed to put money in their
pockets, but calling them “scumbags” because they are trying to make money (in a game where that is there ONLY source of income to keep the game going), is a very narrow minded and selfish view. You complaint seems to be directed at changes that no longer provide you with freebies and not any changes that REQUIRE you to spend RL money in continue playing.

They are reducing things to get money it’s a scumbag move, I’ve been stockpiling ~140 tournament tickets ’till I get better and they removed paid tournaments and now I have only option to exchange these tickets for a useless chests with a stupid skins.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

ok if Izzy is also on Evon’s side, then its a done deal =D
go Evon all the way!!!

Srsly tho, Abbaddon is gonna be like 50x more epic than any reactor explotion so to me this is not even a discussion.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Derpula Stevens.8249

Derpula Stevens.8249

(To the creator of this post): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdofmoYcJNE

Nachs: Norn. Asura. Charr. Human. Sylvari

#TeamEvonForever

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

We will not make both fractals.

Thank you for confirming that. Kiel voters were trying to tell me other wise earlier so I wouldn’t vote based on the Abaddon fractal -.-

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

I’m quite appalled really at how much blatant favor you (ArenaNet) is giving to Evon Gnashblade. You’re just giving players more and more reasons to vote for Evon rather than Kiel, which makes the voting process overly biased and unfair to those who’d rather vote for Kiel.

I would have expected better from you. This thread is ridiculous and you know it. I wont even comment on your evidence because it’s absurd and outlandish. And people give me crap for my emotional based opinions. Atleast I don’t make threads with silly titles about them, I just bring them forth whenever someone mentions Gwen a.k.a. the Wicked Witch of the East.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Oh, and in terms of the thread topic. I think you’re underestimating the influence of lower waypoint costs on the general population, and over estimating the power of cheaper RNG chests.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Thank you for confirming that. Kiel voters were trying to tell me other wise earlier so I wouldn’t vote based on the Abaddon fractal -.-

Proof Kiel supporters have resorted to mud slinging and out right lies in order to win. Such dirty tactics…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Election=gold sink; the election can be paid for by the ppl that want more keys, the richest folks in the game. Of course ANet supports this b/c it’s a needed gold sink. It’s a done deal that Evon will win, lol.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: sariaru.2378

sariaru.2378

Awkward moment where current exit polls show Ellen winning by 2%. So can we go ahead and shut down this thread now, because it’s obvious they don’t?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

I actually would like Ellen to win, and I am glad she is winning but a support ticket is 14 silver; no need to hope for a drop, etc. I am being realistic; there are way too many ppl in game that have a lot of money and want more money. The discounted keys will lead to more skins to sell and they will buy the election b/c of that. So I have detached from my desire for her to win.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Isaiah Cartwright is a Evon supporter.

Enough said.

#TeamKiel

Coming from the elementalist forum, this just solidified my vote.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’m voting for Kiel. You should, too!

I’m happy for you. Now, please, go write something that has nothing to do with merchants, crabs, politics or pirates.

But merchants, crabs, politics, and pirates make for a great story.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m happy for you. Now, please, go write something that has nothing to do with merchants, crabs, politics or pirates.

How else did “Deadliest Catch” get so popular?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Because the viewers, not-so-secretly, were hoping that a regular cast member would fall overboard or that one of the featured vessels would meet an untimely end at the bottom of the Bering Sea. It had nothing to do with crabs and everything to do with commonplace voyeurism.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Because the viewers, not-so-secretly, were hoping that a regular cast member would fall overboard or that one of the featured vessels would meet an untimely end at the bottom of the Bering Sea. It had nothing to do with crabs and everything to do with commonplace voyeurism.

You take all the fun out of light sarcasm, you know that? Heh.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kazera.3162

Kazera.3162

Despite the OP, there are actually more people voting for Kiel than Evon because they either:
A) Don’t know what they’re actually voting for and just going with her because she’s a more moral character than Evon…
-or-
B) Do know what they’re voting for and obviously don’t see the value in the Abaddon fractal. Or think they’d really be saving a lot of money by getting a discount on waypoints. Or they have this interesting complex where they “can’t see Evon Gnashblade on the Captain’s Council”. I put that in quotations because this is actually something someone said in-game as their reasoning for voting for Kiel, fully knowing what both candidates were offering.

For me, I can draw the line between fact and fiction. The fact is, Abaddon rendered in GW2 would be fantastic. This election is really about the players more than it is about the living world of GW2. I’m not particularly sure why people are getting so serious about it.

Even if he is slimy, Evon all the way. Gimme dat Abaddon, complete with “You Got Served” antics, plz.

“From time to time,
there arise among human beings—
People, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Regardless of whether my preferred candidate wins, I’m really disappointed with how this election event has been turning out. I haven’t even been paying attention to the forum lately or the theories here, only stopping by to complain because it’s obvious that those at ArenaNet responsible for setting this event up seems to favoring Evon Gnashblade over Ellen Kiel.

First, they saddle Ellen Kiel with the less appealing content/rewards. They offer players the choice of either saving real-life money (keys) versus in-game money (waypoint costs). On top of that we have Gnashblade essentially attempting to buy votes with mobs dropping “reminder” loot backs from the candidate filled with ticket and coins. Then, they announce polling results while Ellen Kiel holds a small lead knowing that will only cause Evon Gnashblade supporters to panic and come out in force. And now I see developer posts heavily favoring Gnashblade.

What’s the deal? I thought this was supposed to be an event where the players determined the outcome of the story for a change? And yet, ArenaNet seems to trying pretty hard to steer the outcome into their preferred direction. If you wanted this storyline to go a specific way you shouldn’t have teased us with a “choice”. The bias is really annoying. And I really hope this election goes in Kiel’s favor, if only to put the developers in what is apparently the undesired path of continuing forward with that outcome.

(edited by Edge.4180)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

ANet does not favor Evon at all, if anything they favor Ellen. The discount on Waypoint prices is something all players would like, not just the couple who buy Black Lion keys. Abbadon is only popular those from GW1 while Thaumanova is popular with series newcomers. The field is even, and if you haven’t noticed Kiel is winning, so you have no argument.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GalloGSM.8139

GalloGSM.8139

That isn’t fair! I want both! >:(

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

That isn’t fair! I want both! >:(

agree. but this is politics

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

Who cares about lore, I still don’t know who that blonde guy with the fiery dragon sword who died in the shiverpeak was, all I want is to bash a few margonites, not more golems.

:P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

She’s a soldier

Yes, she IS a soldier. Funny you should mention that. Soldiers have this annoying habit of only ever functioning at their highest capacity with clear orders. Hell, the person that nominated Kiel KNOWS she’s a slow thinker. He’s nominating her for her ideals and a nagging suspicion that if she ever gets her brain going she might amount to something, not because she has anything concrete to offer now or in the near future.

Her opponent is someone that HAS amounted to something, who can be relied on to bring success to his endeavors. He doesn’t have a track record of failing his duty nor of shirking it so others will do it for him only to swoop in and claim credit for it.

We have two candidates. On one hand we have a soldier that displays a very clear difficulty with quick, critical, or individual thinking, and lacking any experience in the type of position her nominator wants her elected into (he nominated her because she’s his favorite, THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED HER IS THE ONE SHOWING FAVORITISM). On the other we have a business person who is quick of wit, knows how to succeed and bring success to others, and most importantly who has experience in the type of position he would be elected into.

I think it’s clear which is more qualified, and which has a better chance of bringing concrete, meaningful results and success to the Council.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So.. ArenaNet is “favoring” Evon, and yet Kiel is in the lead?
Too bad Konig :P

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

VOTE FOR SUWASH!

I would vote for Suwash if I could.

Me, too. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

in Cutthroat Politics

BuddhaKeks.4857

What you guys don’t realize is that if we don’t get the Abaddon fractal, we will most likely never get anything with him. See the Thaumanova reactor incident is an important part of Tyria’s lore, as stated by Anet themself. Do you really think if we don’t get the fractral we will never know what happened there? Are you kidding me?!
Of course they will eventually tell us in one form or another, we will get this lore, stop crying like little babies over it!
Abaddon is different though, this is mostly GW1 lore and not really important to GW2, so the chance of getting to see this, is practically 0 right now. Only if we get to Elona, we might see something about him, but it’s not even clear if we ever go there. Getting the Abaddon fractal is an unique opportunity and you short sighted idiots through it away for cheaper waypoints or because Ellen helped you fight oversized lobsters. Try to see the bigger picture for once! Abaddon is probably the most important part of GW1’s lore and you are willing to let it past by for lore we will get eventually anyway?

Make the smart decision, #VoteEvonGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: chaosdeity.6287

chaosdeity.6287

…Vote Consortium Dolyak.

That is all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morty.8160

Morty.8160

The really sad thing is actually the comparison between the supporting posts for Kiel which try to keep an objective tone (even tho arguments are biased naturally), and the posts supporting Gnashblade which tend to be insulting (but not less biased). If players ragequit after this event because their candidate didn’t win, I know which kind i could live without…
The short stories made Evon’s history a lot less mysterious, and i even kinda like him now as a character, but not as someone steering the fate of LA. I’ll probably still vote Kiel for ingame politics reasons, but if Evon found some way to ‘redirect’ that fractals research effort toward the Fall of Abaddon he’d totally have my support, as well as any thread i notice pleaing for the Abaddon fractal if Kiel should indeed win.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

The really sad thing is actually the comparison between the supporting posts for Kiel which try to keep an objective tone (even tho arguments are biased naturally), and the posts supporting Gnashblade which tend to be insulting (but not less biased).

I don’t think you and I see the two sides the same way. I’ve seen plenty of Gnashblade supporters be insulting (because Kiel makes it pretty easy to insult her). I’ve also seen plenty of Kiel supporters be insulting. More of them argue the RNG aspect of Evon as the reason not to vote for him than considering his actual qualifications for the position and comparing those objectively to what Kiel can realistically bring to the table.

I’m sure that for every supporter you’ve seen of Evon that’s insulting, I’ve also seen one for Kiel that is equally insulting.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Try to see the bigger picture for once! Abaddon is probably the most important part of GW1’s lore and you are willing to let it past by for lore we will get eventually anyway?

Excellent point .. unfortunately I believe the results of the whole voting event was predetermined by Anet and it matters not what we vote. They will make sure that the “right” candidate wins for the fractal they already have built.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Confirmation bias: The thread

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morty.8160

Morty.8160

I’ve seen plenty of Gnashblade supporters be insulting (because Kiel makes it pretty easy to insult her). I’ve also seen plenty of Kiel supporters be insulting.

I’m sure that for every supporter you’ve seen of Evon that’s insulting, I’ve also seen one for Kiel that is equally insulting.

That’s totally possible, i didn’t scan the whole forum and i’m sure there’s insulting Kiel supporters too, but just from this thread my issue is actually that most posts in favour of Evon have a line that basically says Kiel voters are short sighted or just voting Kiel b/c they got no girlfriend etc. No offense meant to those who actually only vote Evon for the fractal (most of these are ignoring the characters the vote actually is for anyway) or those that really think Evon would be a boon to LA.
But if the only point they can make in favour of Gnashblade is that Kiel voters must be dumb because they pass the opportunity of that probably awesome abaddon fractal i just dont feel inclined to vote evon just for that.
People wouldnt probably vote someone into their ruling council just because he promises to build the most awesome theme park ever while his opponent only promises to build another zoo for endangered species. And that not even hits the spot because actually no one except the dev team could say which fractal would, in the end, be more awesome. Evon’s just has a lot more potential of awesome on first sight.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

About this insulting stuff, this is, without offending anyone, because Evon supporters are either GW1 veterans who were waiting for a chance for the Abaddon fractal for many years and can’t stand if newcomers destroy this never returning chance, or because Kiel supporters vote for completely nonsense reasons.

Evon supoorters vote for interesting permanent content.
Kiel supporters vote because "yay she’s cute" / “omg dude cheaper wps (they don’t even know that it’s temporary and expect it to be like 90%)”

The 2 aren’t on the same scale. Gnashblade supporters can see the real reasons and blind or ignorant people just make us rage, mostly if we lose this chance to these nonsense reasons.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Try to see the bigger picture for once! Abaddon is probably the most important part of GW1’s lore and you are willing to let it past by for lore we will get eventually anyway?

Excellent point .. unfortunately I believe the results of the whole voting event was predetermined by Anet and it matters not what we vote. They will make sure that the “right” candidate wins for the fractal they already have built.

You know they haven’t started on either of those fractals yet, yeah?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: blurryhunter.1250

blurryhunter.1250

I played the hell out of Guild Wars. I enjoyed the story and lore more than anyone I know. I don’t want to see Abaddon.

Why?

Because I heard more than enough about Abaddon throughout the entirety of my time in Nightfall. I have no idea what this Reactor thing is, so I’m definitely more interested in that (I don’t spend a lot of time in Asura country). This is just the Fractal vs Fractal though.

As far as Kiel vs Evon goes, I’m for Kiel simply because Evon wasn’t anywhere to be seen for the last billion and two events. Nevermind the fact that the guy is a snake.

As for the Black Lion discounts and such, well, Evon does run the Black Lion Company. Makes sense as far as I’m concerned. Seems to go hand in hand with how the two of them act as well.

Kiel’s slash on waypoint costs benefits everyone, regardless of time spent in game, or time spent on the Trading Post. No possible favoritism.

Evon’s benefits the people actively using his company.

Pretty simple.

But yeah, I want this Reactor. I’m done hearing about Abaddon. He had his chance. I want to build on the lore of Guild Wars 2; not a refresher course on pre-Guild Wars lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Elbegast.6970

You know they haven’t started on either of those fractals yet, yeah?

Yes, they have. The ‘winning’ fractal was decided upon weeks ago. This whole ‘election’ is a clever marketing ploy by ArenaNet and nothing more.

in Cutthroat Politics

lordkrall.7241

Yes, they have. The ‘winning’ fractal was decided upon weeks ago. This whole ‘election’ is a clever marketing ploy by ArenaNet and nothing more.

You keep spreading information like this, and yet we have never seen you provide any kind of proof, I suppose that means we should just assume everything you say are lies?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Elbegast.6970

You keep spreading information like this, and yet we have never seen you provide any kind of proof, I suppose that means we should just assume everything you say are lies?

The proof is in the Facebook tally. It doesn’t take a statistician to realize there is some major fudging of the numbers on that sight. If the election were legitimate, ArenaNet would allow vote counts to be viewable in-game in real time.

in Cutthroat Politics

BuddhaKeks.4857

About this insulting stuff, this is, without offending anyone, because Evon supporters are either GW1 veterans who were waiting for a chance for the Abaddon fractal for many years and can’t stand if newcomers destroy this never returning chance, or because Kiel supporters vote for completely nonsense reasons.

Kiel supporters vote because "yay she’s cute" / “omg dude cheaper wps (they don’t even know that it’s temporary and expect it to be like 90%)”

The 2 aren’t on the same scale. Gnashblade supporters can see the real reasons and blind or ignorant people just make us rage, mostly if we lose this chance to these nonsense reasons.

Man, I never thought I’d say this, but I agree with you Gandarel. Hard times man, hard times.

in Cutthroat Politics

lordkrall.7241

The proof is in the Facebook tally. It doesn’t take a statistician to realize there is some major fudging of the numbers on that sight. If the election were legitimate, ArenaNet would allow vote counts to be viewable in-game in real time.

So, no proof then?

Having the vote count viewable in real-time would solve nothing, since they could still modify the result if they already decided a winner.
It would also create issues if they found people exploiting and having to remove a certain number of votes and such.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Elbegast.6970

So, no proof then?

Having the vote count viewable in real-time would solve nothing, since they could still modify the result if they already decided a winner.
It would also create issues if they found people exploiting and having to remove a certain number of votes and such.

I have proof, Jonathan. I just can’t post it due to legal reasons.

in Cutthroat Politics

lordkrall.7241

I have proof, Jonathan. I just can’t post it due to legal reasons.

Of course you can’t

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Personally, I legitimately find the Thaumanova Reactor fractal to be a more interesting proposition. I already played through all of GW1 and I hated how Abaddon was revealed to be behind everything ever. Vizier Khilbron, Shiro Tagachi, everything. It really just kinda stole the thunder out of the previous two campaigns in a cheap attempt to make everything seem intertwined and to give more threat to the antagonist… but just kinda came off like the bad guys version of Kormir.

He stole all the credit for the other villains and plots.

Meanwhile, I find the Crucible of Eternity to be really interesting and the Thaumanova Reactor had a lot to do with Elder Dragon research, which is the current plot of GW2 and is, thus, more relevant. Further, I can more easily envision what a fun experience in a Thaumanova Fractal would be, but not so much in the Abaddon fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Personally, I do not care who wins. Discounted keys? I won’t buy them anyway. Discounted WP? Not a big deal. New fractals? I don’t run fractals.

Now tell me that one of the candidates will give us new WvW maps, and I’ll be excited.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

It occurs to me that we have a case of a rich businessman vs. a soldier (or something; I only recenly rejoined). Of course the rich businessman is going to offer better benefits for higher tiered players. It’s called “buying the election”.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Personally, I do not care who wins. Discounted keys? I won’t buy them anyway. Discounted WP? Not a big deal. New fractals? I don’t run fractals.

Now tell me that one of the candidates will give us new WvW maps, and I’ll be excited.

points at Evon He leads the Black Lion Chest Company. So if you want discounts he’s your guy.

He’ll probably add those too..he’s rich remember?

Pineapples

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

ellen will, so vote for her!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

ekhem….
I’m roleplaying and as roleplaying a good character I vote for good character who will make a brighter future for Lions Arch (which is funny because none of my character feels to being LA citizen :P
and one thing…
how do You think that a FRACTAL about abaddon have to be really epic?
You know it is rather difficult to make epic story in 15 minutes fractal which is just 1/4 of the whole dungeon?

PS. Trying to tell all the world that kiel supporters are just bunch of blind idiots and evon supporters are “those wise and seeing ones” is nothing more that just proving opposite.
I have considered both options trying to chose which I will support and also I’ve taken into consideration fractals. and so many of my friends.
and we are voting for Kiel.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

What happens if its a draw? Do we get both sets of rewards?

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

What happens if its a draw? Do we get both sets of rewards?

Then they fight to the death, and considering the recent short stories Evon has one up on Ellen.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I find it likely that the reactor will be featured in a living story update, but the chances of Abaddon getting anything except for the FotM is highly unlikely, so I’d prefer it if Evon wins so we can have both.