#TeamKiel

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Show your support for Ellen Kiel, the the Southsun Settlers’ secret hero – second only to this heroic dolyak.

Ellen Kiel has my full support – we have adventured together, and Kiel has always done her duty, been dedicated to her job; she is straight and straight-forward – much like myself; but she also has a moral compass that will make her bend the rules if she must do so to protect the innocent. Never has she acted selfishly. She may come across as gruff, but I believe she will get things done for the people, not stopping at anything as long as she can follow her moral compass.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

The title says it all. At first, I was an Evon Supporter. I mean who wouldn’t be. Research into the Fall of Abaddon, and incident involving the human GODS!! For the first time in GW2 we would stand in their presence. But then a friend took me to the side and said “Evon is a dirty char”, and then I realized he’s right. Jk, but what he really emphasized is that we already know much lore about the timeframe taking place during the fall of Abaddon, but very little about the disaster at the Thaumanova reactor.
So now let’s examine both choices.
1. We choose Evon for the FOA, but only because we expect a very cinematic fractal.
2. We choose Kield, because of our lack of knowledge about the events at the Thaumanova reactor.
I don’t know about you but im rather interested in an event which supposedly affected the entire world, changing the fabric of reality itself, perhaps even the mists.
#TeamKiel

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

#TeamRandomCharr because-

I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

#TeamRandomCharr because-

I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year

You could, of course, keep this inside one of the “Support Evon” threads, where it belongs.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would like to add that the Thaumanova reactor’s history absolutely needs to be researched – all of us still have to clean up the chaotic energy every single day. Research is highly relevant and valuable, if ever we hope to get rid of the chaotic distortions threatening Metrica Province once and for all!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Where does one find the agenda of the two candidates?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/july-23-2013/

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/july-23-2013/

Doh, I was looking under news, thanks.

P.S. My vote is up for grabs, but it’s not cheap. I can be swayed by cookies. Lot’s of cookies.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The Abaddon thing sound exactly like something GW1 vets already know about and have played before though. What happened in Thaumanova and how the reality of Tyria was warped is a completely new and untold story. For all we know, it could hint at what caused the rise of the dragons.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How dare you use a hash sign title on my forums.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I wanna know how that explosion happened. For science!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

How? Symbolically, of course!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Thaumanova Reactor is the location of a ruined asuran city in northwest Metrica Province. It was recently destroyed by an Inquest experiment gone awry, occurring beneath the city and the reactor exploding and subsequently releasing chaos magic. Due to the large amount of chaos magic in the area, creatures from across the continent get transported in and out of the area. The Thaumanova Reactor is divided into five main sections: the southwest which has been turned arctic, the southeast which has become poisonous, the northeast and lower area containing the river with an aquatic aspect, the north which contains fire-based creatures, and the central, the location of the explosion. After the explosion, the energy source that the Inquest was experimenting on was moved to the Thaumacore Inquiry Center in Toxal Bog, causing the chaos effect to spread northward. This effects of the underground experiment also affected other areas such as Chaos Crystal Cavern in Iron Marches.

Source: GW2 wiki.

I think what’s interesting about it is the area of this experiment, if recator in Maguuma was able to affect locations in Ascalon then it had to be something big.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

EDIT: Weird. When I originally posted this in its own thread, the thread it got merged with didn’t appear in the forum…

Adventurers of Tyria,

By now, you’ve seen the opening volleys fired by the two candidates for the empty Captain’s Council seat. In the interests of keeping both sides honest, let me remind you that moving images such as those you’ve seen would have been created by mesmer illusion, and thus may not be faithful renditions of true events. In fact, the odds in both cases are against it. I’ve certainly seen no indication that Evon Gnashblade, or any charr for that matter, suffers from canophobia.

With that said, those of us who fought on Southsun during the recent emergency will know that Ellen Kiel certainly did not travel there for the purpose of holidaying, and what vacation time she did spend was due to a direct order. With Evon’s contacts, he should be aware of this, and yet he deems this message “acceptable”. Either Evon considers it acceptable to begin his campaign with a bald-faced lie, or Evon has proven himself to be less-than-competant at keeping himself informed of recent events.

Ellen’s campaign launch, by contrast, is based on solid facts that we know that to be true. While it has to be said that the claim that Evon’s relationship with the Consortium represents anything but choosing not to allow principle to overcome business practicality is extrapolation, we know that the Black Lion Trading Company did indeed trade in Consortium goods. Furthermore, hundreds or more of my fellow defenders of Tyria have fallen victim to the shady business practices of the Black Lion’s own products, where instead of providing items at a fair price, the Black Lion Trading Company has exploited my less financially savvy comrades by refusing to sell them except through lucky-dip boxes that may or may not (but usually do not) contain anything the buyer actually wanted. Even now, Evon shows that he is out of touch with the needs of those fighting to preserve Tyria’s future – while Ellen’s offer to reduce waypoint fees will benefit all defenders of Tyria, all Evon promises is to exploit the more gullible among us a little less.

Fellow adventurers of Tyria, we all know the dangers that threaten Tyria. Minions of three elder dragons continue to harass our citizens, and at least two more remain lurking outside Tyria’s borders or perhaps sleeping beneath our very feet. Dredge, centaurs, and krait seek to invade our lands and enslave our peoples from without, while criminals and traitors seek to undermine us from within.

Evon has shown himself willing to exploit the defenders of Tyria at every turn, and has started this campaign by showing himself to be incompetent or a liar. Ellen has fought by our side against karka and Aetherblade alike, and her policy will ease the financial burden on every hero who needs to quickly respond to a hotspot or a life-saving escape from danger when overwhelmed by foes.

We are the thin line that stands between Tyria and destruction. Which candidate would you trust to stand behind us and help secure Tyria’s future? A liar who would strip your pockets to fill his own, or a fellow soldier?

Make the right decision, my fellow adventurers. For Tyria!

- Lothar of House Draxynnus, Magister of the Durmand Priory

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I don’t know how you guys can support someone who takes the credit for saving Southsun and investigating Dragonbash when in reality she relied on the thousands of ‘heroes’ that do the dirty work for her. Why does she get to go on the council seat? Why not me? I slayed hundreds of Karka, fought endless Aetherblade pirates and solved the murder of our former councilman.

Yet here is the Honorable Kiel, claiming it all for herself.

You all should be ashamed.

#VoteEvonGnashblade

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Venirto.4208

I don’t know how you guys can support someone who takes the credit for saving Southsun and investigating Dragonbash when in reality she relied on the thousands of ‘heroes’ that do the dirty work for her. Why does she get to go on the council seat? Why not me? I slayed hundreds of Karka, fought endless Aetherblade pirates and solved the murder of our former councilman.

At least she was there and she did “something”, unlike Evon who was trading with consortium in the meantime.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Kiel all the way. Evon just appeared out of nowhere, and we knew her from previous missions.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

The Reason Kiel Has my vote and shoud have yours…

It has nothing to do with either of the fractals and everything with trying to get us to spend money on gems. I will see more return for my gold through waypoints because I do not buy keys for RNG Chests. So for those of you that don’t plan to buy a key within that 4 week span will in turn get nothing . Where everyone every day would see the effect of lower waypoint costs. I could care less about what fractal we get just so long as its new.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Adventurers of Tyria,

By now, you’ve seen the opening volleys fired by the two candidates for the empty Captain’s Council seat. In the interests of keeping both sides honest, let me remind you that moving images such as those you’ve seen would have been created by mesmer illusion, and thus may not be faithful renditions of true events. In fact, the odds in both cases are against it. I’ve certainly seen no indication that Evon Gnashblade, or any charr for that matter, suffers from canophobia.

With that said, those of us who fought on Southsun during the recent emergency will know that Ellen Kiel certainly did not travel there for the purpose of holidaying, and what vacation time she did spend was due to a direct order. With Evon’s contacts, he should be aware of this, and yet he deems this message “acceptable”. Either Evon considers it acceptable to begin his campaign with a bald-faced lie, or Evon has proven himself to be less-than-competant at keeping himself informed of recent events.

Ellen’s campaign launch, by contrast, is based on solid facts that we know that to be true. While it has to be said that Evon’s relationship with the Consortium represents anything but choosing not to allow principle to overcome business practicality is extrapolation, we know that the Black Lion Trading Company did indeed trade in Consortium goods. Furthermore, hundreds or more of my fellow defenders of Tyria have fallen victim to the shady business practices of the Black Lion’s own products, where instead of providing items at a fair price, the Black Lion Trading Company has exploited my less financially savvy comrades by refusing to sell them except through lucky-dip boxes that may or may not (but usually do not) contain anything the buyer actually wanted. Even now, Evon shows that he is out of touch with the needs of those fighting to preserve Tyria’s future – while Ellen’s offer to reduce waypoint fees will benefit all defenders of Tyria, all Evon promises is to exploit the more gullible among us a little less.

Fellow adventurers of Tyria, we all know the dangers that threaten Tyria. Minions of three elder dragons continue to harass our citizens, and at least two more remain lurking outside Tyria’s borders or perhaps sleeping beneath our very feet. Dredge, centaurs, and krait seek to invade our lands and enslave our peoples from without, while criminals and traitors seek to undermine us from within.

Evon has shown himself willing to exploit the defenders of Tyria at every turn, and has started this campaign by showing himself to be incompetent or a liar. Ellen has fought by our side against karka and Aetherblade alike, and her policy will ease the financial burden on every hero who needs to quickly respond to a hotspot or a life-saving escape from danger when overwhelmed by foes.

We are the thin line that stands between Tyria and destruction. Which candidate would you trust to stand behind us and help secure Tyria’s future? A liar who would strip your pockets to fill his own, or a fellow soldier?

Make the right decision, my fellow adventurers. For Tyria!

- Lothar of House Draxynnus, Magister of the Durmand Priory

!Wild Applause!

This is the most awesome thing I have ever read on these forums

Gunnar’s Hold

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My more base nature agrees, she is rather attractive.
Going back to the more intellectual side I vote for her because I want that Reactor!
Plus she was at least there to assist (even if it was poorly at times) with Southsun.
What did the Merchant do? Sold merchandise from his competitors The same people who were enslaving the populace on that island.

She’s at least trying to get things done. Evon is just contributing to the rampant gambling addiction that runs through Tyria.

Her waypoint fee reduction, even though temporary, would assist everyone in traveling. That means we can react to threats like Behemoth and Jormag easier.
A vote for Kiel is a vote to protect all of Tyria!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Moderator)

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Agreed. Great “IC” writing and also speaks to the real OOC reasons why Kiel is the better choice

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

At least she was there and she did “something”, unlike Evon who was trading with consortium in the meantime.

Kiel works for Tyria and Evon as well. They just have different jobs. Kiel is in charge of security. Evon is in charge of the economy. Expecting Evon to take up swords is like asking Kiel to take up the books.

Evon does what he does best. We need a guy who does the dirty work and gets results. What I don’t want is someone who lies to the top and takes credit for things she never did.

#VoteEvonGnashblade

[Permabanned on Forums]

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Venirto.4208

Kiel works for Tyria and Evon as well. They just have different jobs.

Standing in the BLC HQ and counting coins?

Kiel is in charge of security. Evon is in charge of the economy.

In charge of the economy? You mean taking gold from us when WE sell OUR stuff? Or perhaps you mean the average value of the BL chest?

Expecting Evon to take up swords is like asking Kiel to take up the books.

He’s a Charr, don’t tell me he can’t fight. Oh, did he even left his house when karka was roaming through LA?

Evon does what he does best.

Yup, making gold on us and trading with people who want to kill us.

We need a guy who does the dirty work and gets results.

No we don’t. He would sell LA for his own personal gains.

What I don’t want is someone who lies to the top and takes credit for things she never did.

She was fighting against karka, she sabotaged the consortium dirty contracts to free the refugees, she fought the aetherblades and protected the council. Of course we did more than she did but at least she was there when tyrians needed her. Give me one example where Evon was more helpful than Kiel.

And remember that we don’t know anything about that Charr. Trading with consortium during the southsun crisis? Selling aetherblade armors in his store? What else is he hiding?

(edited by Venirto.4208)

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Words of the wise for you Kiel Supporters out there

“Me? I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.” – Captain Jack Sparrow

A politician has to be a good liar, someone who can convince others. Evon is knows what’s good to keep LA powerful, wealthy, and feared amongst even her most hated enemies

#TeamEvon

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Let be honest… do you really want to vote for a character that makes you do hundreds of hours of work and then takes all the credit?

What sort of a slimy politician does that? Kiel, that’s who… vote for Evon, a true pirate, not some fame stealing wanna-be.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

So to help with the system you want to keep adding more corruption to the system? Wow you Evon supporters have some strange logic.

The Council should have never added Yomm to the seat all those years ago, look at the precedence it caused.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Simple logic, not everyone buys blc keys but EVERYONE uses waypoints. So you went out and bought a bunch of discounted keys, its an RNG roll to see if you get anything worth a dang out of them (MAYBE some unidentified dyes to make some quick cash). It’s a gamble, however lowered waypoint costs is a guarantee in savings. Lower costs = more gold in your pocket, more money for mats, weapons, rng boxes, food, tonics, gems, whatever you like. More gold in your pocket to get more gems = more real world money that you didn’t have to spend on gems. Sure the fractals are cool, but seriously both would be ok. One would be a trip down memory lane and the other would be a new chapter to the story. Look at the big picture though, Kiel WILL save you money.

#VoteKiel

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

A vote for Kiel is a vote for communism. Don’t be fooled by the reduction in waypoint costs, they will be paid for by taxes on the job creators. Evon owns the BLTP and will be paying for the reduce key costs out of his own pocket.

ASCALON! ASCALON! ASCALON!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

A vote for Kiel is a vote for communism. Don’t be fooled by the reduction in waypoint costs, they will be paid for by taxes on the job creators.

Quite the contrary. Reductions in public transport costs creates jobs in city centers and improves overall quality of life in big cities, further stimulating growth. With a near-instantaneous public transport system like waypoints, alternatives are only weighted by their cost in time vs cost in money.

As such, a vote for cheap waypoints is a vote for tax freedom.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

A vote for Kiel is a vote for communism. Don’t be fooled by the reduction in waypoint costs, they will be paid for by taxes on the job creators. Evon owns the BLTP and will be paying for the reduce key costs out of his own pocket.

ASCALON! ASCALON! ASCALON!

lol, facedesk

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Kiel is cuter.

/vote Kiel

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

Evon is one handsome charr, all he needs to do is throw some of that coin my way

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

An interesting note: Evon will lower BLC key costs in a bid to take more RL money from players…

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

About fractals choices: I imagine the evon’s one an aquatic one, with fights against margonites (pirates) both in water and in their ships, and finnaly an abbadon plenty of agony to share with us.

To me sounds better that what I imagine for kiel’s one (tipical asura lad, and fight against asuras and its robots).

but the sale from both… it is definetly better the one from kiel (at least in my opinion). Black lion keys against wp? it is clear to me.

I think I´ll vote for Kiel. Sorry Abbadon, at the end i expect you to be just a fractal. No lore. So sales won to me.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How? Symbolically, of course!

I’m voting for the Charr specifically because of this thread title.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

#VoteEvonGnashblade

And you don’t think that shady double dealing Charr would take all the credit himself, if he was there? Which he wasn’t. He was just sitting there safe in LA, while Kiel was out putting her life on the line.

#VoteKiel

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Glyde Skyhawk.1257

Glyde Skyhawk.1257

I have been a strong supporter for Kiel for quite a while!… in spite of the fact that a friend of mine thinks she is incredibly boring, Kiel has become one of my favourite characters in the game.

Attachments:

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

Im sorry but you do not say “No” to this:

Attachments:

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Kitten. I want to vote for Kiel still, but if we really are voting on both abbadon vs reactor and molten alliance facility vs aetherblades retreat, I might have to switch. I really didn’t care for Aetherblade dungeon, its way too long. If the Molten Alliance facility has the same rewards (jetpack/mini) that’s gonna seal it.

From GW2Hub transcript of twitch interview:

As an extra bonus (to talk about next Tuesday) not just are you voting on the Fractal, we’re going to bring back the Molten Weapon facility and Aether Blade Retreat as Fractals by the end of the year.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

Kitten. I want to vote for Kiel still, but if we really are voting on both abbadon vs reactor and molten alliance facility vs aetherblades retreat, I might have to switch. I really didn’t care for Aetherblade dungeon, its way too long. If the Molten Alliance facility has the same rewards (jetpack/mini) that’s gonna seal it.

From GW2Hub transcript of twitch interview:

As an extra bonus (to talk about next Tuesday) not just are you voting on the Fractal, we’re going to bring back the Molten Weapon facility and Aether Blade Retreat as Fractals by the end of the year.

molten/aether is not an either or. They’re both coming back.

The decision lies in Abaddon vs Reactor

[Permabanned on Forums]

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

In the livestream, Colin confirmed that the Abaddon fractal is going to be about the 5 gods imprisoning him rather than the events that occurred in Nightfall.

Plus, Colin said to vote for Evon.

Good luck Team Kiel, looks like you’re going to need it.

Sea of Sorrows

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

The only boost Kiels team could receive, is the female devs publicly supporting her. But even still, Evon is a “badkitte” So good luck Team Kiel.

Oh btw, get those pocket books out Team Kiel, cause after this election you’re gonna need it

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Voting for Evon is a vote for the benefit of the few.

1. Evon is a Charr and they are responsible for the destruction of multiple human civilizations. More important due to the Charr’s actions we lost historical knowledge and understand of Orr, the gods, and its secrets. The Charr invasion led to the sinking of Orr by Vizier Khilbron. This helped grow Zhaitan’s army of undead that led to the countless death of Pact forces during our invasion of Orr to reclaim it. To be honest, it was a pain going through waves and waves of undead namely Arah where we seek ancient knowledge. If it wasn’t for the Charr, Pact forces would have a much easier time against Zhaitan, Zhaitan’s army would be much smaller, and we would still have some knowledge and understand of various ancient Orrian artifacts to use against the Elder Dragons. Don’t trust Evon for a second on his research into Abaddon, in fact Charrs are the reason we don’t know much about Orr and the actual gods.

2. Evon is the owner of Black Lion. He is the same person taking a cut from every sell order you place on the market. On top of that Black Lion is where people “flip” items on a daily basis and this affects people who don’t have a lot of gold. Prices of goods are raising, people losing money on patch days (buy orders ? t6 dust), and speculation of goods. In the end, Evon gets 15% from everything that is sold from the Black Lion Trading Post and the rich get richer. The keys are a lie since the only ones that benefit from it are the ones with a lot of money to buy a lot to get contracts and Evon himself. Noticed gem conversion isn’t 1:1, just because 100 gems cost 3g 20s doesn’t mean selling 100 gems give you that much. Evon takes a BIG cut. He cannot be trusted. Waypoint discount benefits everyone unlike keys.

3. Research into the Thaumanova Reactor will help us understand more about the Asurans. Thaumanova Reactor was once a city. Why was it abandoned? Is this related to the fractal where you see something that looks like Rata Sum? When was the city created? For what purpose? The city seems massive so it would be interesting to know more about this. At the same time, knowing about the Inquest will help us in the present by knowing what they might be up to (Aetherblade) and it will help us against the Elder Dragons by understanding what the Inquest may or may not know.

As you can see a vote for Kiel is a vote for a brighter future. She is the one out there trying to solve problems and stop our enemies. Evon is just sitting on the sidelines profiting off of the work of others.

#TeamKiel

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

#TeamKiel

Because I would vote for anything over Anet’s poorly written mary sue race.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

1. Evon is a Charr and they are responsible for the destruction of multiple human civilizations. More important due to the Charr’s actions we lost historical knowledge and understand of Orr, the gods, and its secrets. The Charr invasion led to the sinking of Orr by Vizier Khilbron. This helped grow Zhaitan’s army of undead that led to the countless death of Pact forces during our invasion of Orr to reclaim it. To be honest, it was a pain going through waves and waves of undead namely Arah where we seek ancient knowledge. If it wasn’t for the Charr, Pact forces would have a much easier time against Zhaitan, Zhaitan’s army would be much smaller, and we would still have some knowledge and understand of various ancient Orrian artifacts to use against the Elder Dragons. Don’t trust Evon for a second on his research into Abaddon, in fact Charrs are the reason we don’t know much about Orr and the actual gods.

If Vizier Khilbron didn’t use the Lost Scrolls and just surrended to the charr, your historical knowledge would be probably right now in Priory’s hands.

2. Evon is the owner of Black Lion. He is the same person taking a cut from every sell order you place on the market. On top of that Black Lion is where people “flip” items on a daily basis and this affects people who don’t have a lot of gold. Prices of goods are raising, people losing money on patch days (buy orders ? t6 dust), and speculation of goods. In the end, Evon gets 15% from everything that is sold from the Black Lion Trading Post and the rich get richer. The keys are a lie since the only ones that benefit from it are the ones with a lot of money to buy a lot to get contracts and Evon himself. Noticed gem conversion isn’t 1:1, just because 100 gems cost 3g 20s doesn’t mean selling 100 gems give you that much. Evon takes a BIG cut. He cannot be trusted. Waypoint discount benefits everyone unlike keys.

So a rich person lets you get rich by using his tool and you blame him for wanting to profit from that? Don’t use Trading Post then.
Waypoint discount is temporary, a few CoF runs will be equal to the money you might save from it.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

No. Kitten. Way.

I will never support a godkitten ed, cutthroat businessman who’s only concerned about profit and swimming in pools of gold in his luxurious residence he built from taxing our transactions.

This is outright bribery. This is corruption. And if you buy in, you’re corrupt as well.

The wretched practice called RNG will thrive in a way never before seen because every skritt-brained bookah will think it’s a good trade to waste money on tonics and XP boosters.

The ancestors of my characters saw the true Fall of Abaddon. It cannot get anymore epic than that. And personally, I don’t want the truth about Abaddon’s betrayal revealed so soon. I’d find it way more intriguing if we could piece it together over time, and learning of the key factors leading up to it and the conflicts of the gods by visiting their realms, for instance.

And personally, I’m really interested in the Thaumanova incident. It is known the Inquest were working with draconic energies beneath the main complex, and the meltdown somehow led to critical chaos magic buildup. I’m confident we could learn more about the Elder Dragons and their origins. What if they are sentient chaos magic, for instance?

Personally, I always feel iffy to use Waypoints, and I always juggle to minimize the fees. That cut on prices would be greatly appreciated, even if for only four weeks.

All in all, I’m disgusted with Evon Gnashblade and his practices. From a heavy lore point of view, what did he do for the good of Tyria? He only got richer while Zhaitan ravaged the world. From all the money he’d made, he could’ve funded charities like the Vigil. He could’ve invested in research to discover effective ways to combat the dragons and their minions. He could’ve set up state of the art defenses on Claw Island, Lion’s Arch, and those numerous ports and coastal villages that were consumed by Zhaitan’s filth… He did NONE of that. He sat on his furry backside, swinging his tail, and counting the astronomical amount of coins he’d made under one day.

Kiel mounted a retaliation against the karka, saving Lion’s Arch from further invasions. She freed the indentured refugees after protecting them from Canach’s insane plot. She led the Lionguard to victory over the Aetherblades.

I’d rather see the dragons consume Tyria then to see another form of corruption set deeper roots in Lion’s Arch and the Captain’s Council.

If you vote for Gnashblade, you vote for corruption and bribery.

Vote for Ellen Kiel. Vote for the future. Vote for Lion’s Arch.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Evon Gnashblade consorts with the enemy, all while lining his pockets with misbegotten gold. Meanwhile, Ellen Kiel selflessly risks life and limb to protect the people of Tyria!

Who would you trust to safeguard your home and family? A money grubbing merchant fat cat? Or a trusted member of the military, with years of public service under her belt?

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Incarnus.2097

Incarnus.2097

#VoteEvonGnashblade

Do you have any proof that Kiel took credit for Southsun and Dragon Bash all for herself? No, because it never happened.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Ellen is in league with Abaddon, vote for Evon!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yarr! What dirty pirate election tricks have turned this thread into whitespace?