Vote for Evon!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Please use this thread to show your support for Evon Gnashblade.

Being a kitten he will be a great leader for us, just think of how many times people here on the forums yell for kittens!

Not to mention who doesn’t want to be part of the fall of abbadon, what is better than helping a god duke it out with another god?

Kiel has been off relaxing on the beach, having no personality and her best perk only lasts for 4 weeks then we are stuck with her forever with no more bonus.

Vote for Gnashblade, it’s the right thing to do!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

..so it has started ><

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

With the recent update and look into what each candidate will offer, I’m here to tell you why Evon would probably be the best decision.

Now it is true that we use waypoint cost more than keys, however if keys get a 50% decrease in price or lower, chest can be very good. On top of the usual things like orbs, the repair canisters, and other boost; you can recieve permanent upgrades/items that are worth a lot in the TP. Ranging from 200g for a TP contract to 600g for a hairstylist. You can also win an item that levels your character up instantly, this could provide you some much needed help.

I know many of you must be saying, we can probably save more from the waypoint cost. This may be true, but consider this. If you receive even one karma booster, it can help you increase your overall karma gain substantially. Then you can buy orrian boxes and get T6 mats or even sell those grey items. The money gained from those could be close if not larger to what you could save with waypoint cost. Plus, those who are in fractals. You die and you rezzing may save the day, whats this? You have a revive orb! Boom save the day, don’t have to wipe.

Then you have the fractals. Lets be honest here, would you rather see some asurans (probably inquest) make a mis calculation in a Guild wars 2 version of a nuclear reactor, or would you rather interact, if not fight, a god and watch a god either die or the creation of the crystal desert.

From a logic standpoint, it is clear that Evon is the way to go.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why the kitten would we want to support the kitten RNG money boxes anymore?
Even though we get some of the gem store stuff, all we’d be doing is telling Anet that we want more of them. That and whats the chances of getting anything worth the gems? They keep adding stuff to it and not taking anything (maybe one/two times have things been removed), so the chances of getting something like the permanent bank/hairstyle/etc. is already extremely low.
Waypoints are used/needed more often then those other things.

Don’t know what the fractals stuff will entail, so can’t judge based on that. All it could be is a cutscene thing (accessed from the fractals hub), and not really part of the fractals rotation.
#TeamKiel.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I agree that Evon is the logical choice given the points you have said.

However, one thing politics have told me is that you never get what was promised, and even if you do, there are often a 100 other hidden and unwanted changes that pop up after the election. Evon seems like one heck of a shady character and I don’t trust him.

#TeamKiel

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

I’d rather deal with some sneaky actions of Evon than dealing with the perfect good girl Kiel who is the perfect face of justice and will never do something selfish ever. it’s a game after all and i find evon more interesting so he gets my vote, if it was real life tho i’d go for Kiel

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

VOTE KIEL 2013!

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

While I won’t deny that Evon is a fine candidate for the political scene, a renowned business charr to boot, he hasn’t proven himself as Captain’s Council material we need. Looking back over the last few months, what exactly did he do for Tyrians? He took the devastation and tragedies as a means to turn a profit. He didn’t aid us when he had the chance during the uprising of the Molten Alliance nor when the citizens of said previous hardships were indentured on Southsun Cove. In fact, he has been selling Consortium wares on his trading post! Where was he when the Ashford’s lost another one of their kin, selling armor he pilfered off the dead corpses of the Aetherblades!

Captain Kiel has freed those who were wrongfully forced to work after their debts had been paid, in an extremely hostile environment no less. She captured the crazed Canach and quelled the wildlife of Southsun Cove. When the Aetherblades traumatized the citizens of Lion’s Arch during the bonfires and even threatened them again, Captain Kiel stood against the tide and beat them back, even capturing their captain with no intent of becoming one herself.

However, when Magnus offered her a position on the Captain’s Council because of her deeds and newly acquired and well earned airship, she accepted it with the same responsibility as protecting her fellow citizens and with the same set of morals that we’ve come to respect her by. Evon is taking, once again, the chance to turn a profit in the light of more tragedy.

Evon is a great businessmen, but his ethics and morals leave little to be desired. If he were to discount anything on the trading post during the political debates, it would only be temporary to further his goals, and afterwards he’d revert to the same shrewd and uncaring individual he is.

Vote for Captain Kiel for Captain’s Council, she’s the member that Lion’s Arch needs!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

VOTE EVON FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

However, one thing politics have told me is that you never get what was promised, and even if you do, there are often a 100 other hidden and unwanted changes that pop up after the election. Evon seems like one heck of a shady character and I don’t trust him.

#TeamKiel

Which is exactly why you should trust him. What politician has ever been trustworthy? They’re all liars who will sell you out at the first chance. With Evon, he doesn’t hide this. Which makes him the more honest of the two candidates. You know exactly where you stand with Evon (which should be face-to-face so it won’t be so easy to be stabbed in the back).

Evon’s motivation is profit. Profit comes from keeping markets open with goods, services, and coins freely exchanging hands. As long as his pockets remain lined with gold, he doesn’t really care what anyone else does.

Kiel, on the other hand, puts on a nice facade. However, she’s got serious control issues. Ever listen to some of her dialogue? Give her power and watch the Lionguard transformed into the White Mantle Version 2.0. She would institute more restrictions; all in the name of greater security, of course.

The choice is clear. Vote for the candidate you can trust to be untrustworthy. Vote Evon Gnashblade!

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

#TeamKiel

Which is exactly why you should trust him. What politician has ever been trustworthy? They’re all liars who will sell you out at the first chance. With Evon, he doesn’t hide this. Which makes him the more honest of the two candidates. You know exactly where you stand with Evon (which should be face-to-face so it won’t be so easy to be stabbed in the back).

Evon’s motivation is profit. Profit comes from keeping markets open with goods, services, and coins freely exchanging hands. As long as his pockets remain lined with gold, he doesn’t really care what anyone else does.

Kiel, on the other hand, puts on a nice facade. However, she’s got serious control issues. Ever listen to some of her dialogue? Give her power and watch the Lionguard transformed into the White Mantle Version 2.0. She would institute more restrictions; all in the name of greater security, of course.

The choice is clear. Vote for the candidate you can trust to be untrustworthy. Vote Evon Gnashblade!

Do you watch Community? This gave me a deja vu to the episode where the group was voting in a new member and Jeff was trying to convince everyone Chang was a good idea (because you see what you get). If you don’t watch Community, /disregard.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

#TeamKiel

Thing is, this is a game and people want to get what they were promised to get or they will rage on the forums/stop playing the game if Anet say “pfff, was just kidding, nothing cool for you”.
Also, Evon is more interesting character for me, I never cared about Kiel really.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Does anyone find it increasingly ironic that GW2’s lore consistantly trips over itself. Gnashblade (don’t get me wrong I’m voting for him) is a charr who promises research into making a fractal about gods? I don’t know, maybe it’s just me…

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Personally i would vote for Kiel.. but this Evon guy knows how to win the audience. Fall of Abaddon! ALL HAIL THE FURBALL!

“I’ll slash prices on Black Lion Keys for four whole weeks
I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year
I’ll host a rotation of popular activities like Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.”

Everyone who will vote for Evon, write a +, let’s see how are we doing.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well, Religion is an easy way to gain money and attention off people so it makes sense considering his line of work. :s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

And Theurmanova Reactor failed for unknown reasons but promised to be one of the largest, if not the largest power source Tyria has known. That has better practical application =P

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Evon is the boss of the Black Lion Company, he’s responsible for rng in black lion chests + he steals your money everytime you sell something on the trading post. Why would he get our support and recieve even more power?

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Well… as a Charr, perhaps Gnashblade wants this researched so he can learn how to defeat other gods? You know how Charr feel about them, after all.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Fall of Abaddon oh my god, Evon has my vote

Professional noob guardian

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

While I won’t deny that Evon is a fine candidate for the political scene, a renowned business charr to boot, he hasn’t proven himself as Captain’s Council material we need. Looking back over the last few months, what exactly did he do for Tyrians? He took the devastation and tragedies as a means to turn a profit. He didn’t aid us when he had the chance during the uprising of the Molten Alliance nor when the citizens of said previous hardships were indentured on Southsun Cove. In fact, he has been selling Consortium wares on his trading post! Where was he when the Ashford’s lost another one of their kin, selling armor he pilfered off the dead corpses of the Aetherblades!

Captain Kiel has freed those who were wrongfully forced to work after their debts had been paid, in an extremely hostile environment no less. She captured the crazed Canach and quelled the wildlife of Southsun Cove. When the Aetherblades traumatized the citizens of Lion’s Arch during the bonfires and even threatened them again, Captain Kiel stood against the tide and beat them back, even capturing their captain with no intent of becoming one herself.

However, when Magnus offered her a position on the Captain’s Council because of her deeds and newly acquired and well earned airship, she accepted it with the same responsibility as protecting her fellow citizens and with the same set of morals that we’ve come to respect her by. Evon is taking, once again, the chance to turn a profit in the light of more tragedy.

Evon is a great businessmen, but his ethics and morals leave little to be desired. If he were to discount anything on the trading post during the political debates, it would only be temporary to further his goals, and afterwards he’d revert to the same shrewd and uncaring individual he is.

Vote for Captain Kiel for Captain’s Council, she’s the member that Lion’s Arch needs!

Kiel didn’t do anything. She merely herded all us heroes to do the dirty work for her, and claimed the successes as her own.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Daanster.1908

Daanster.1908

Kiel almost had me with her discount on the waypoints, but the fall of Abaddon, wow

+ for Evon, OUR NEW COUNCIL!

There is the hunter and the hunted

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Don’t think he cares what it’s about, as long as it gets him a win.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

EVON ! EVON ! EVON !

brb gotta chant in LA

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Kiel didn’t do anything. She merely herded all us heroes to do the dirty work for her, and claimed the successes as her own.

Recruiting capable people to help achieve an aim that was beyond one person (really, for those people thinking they should get it, I challenge you to try to complete the entire karka queen meta event alone, let alone everything else) is doing something. She also had her own moments – figuring out that Canach was responsible for the animal attacks, and then arranging for the contracts to be loaded onto a Lionguard ship that could then be evacuated and scuttled without the Consortium being able to prove any foul play.

There’s also a certain limit to how strong a role any NPC can take. You’re trying to hold her to a standard that no NPC could hold up to – I can just imagine the complaints if ArenaNet had had Kiel become a champion-level friendly character that could solo all of the monsters while all we did was watch.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Evon Gnashblade 2013

#TeamEvon

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Keep your businessman back to his books and his penchant to contributing to the Tyrian gambling problem.

The true key to Tyria’s future is with Kiel.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: sjatzkov braskav.3689

sjatzkov braskav.3689

#TEAMEDWARD!!!!! I mean Evon of course… He got me when he mentioned Abbadon and I never liked Kiel anyway… Besides Anet forced my Charr into a position of helping this woman to get all the backpacks.. soooo.. Evon it is even though you are probably corrupt you have my vote #sorrykiel #whatswiththehashtags?

P.S. the Captain’s council is already filled with Pirates… Uhum.. Ex-Pirates but you get my meaning! So another corrupt freeloader shouldn’t be that bad.

English is not my first language nor is it my second.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

#TEAMEDWARD!!!!! I mean Evon of course… He got me when he mentioned Abbadon and I never liked Kiel anyway… Besides Anet forced my Charr into a position of helping this woman to get all the backpacks.. soooo.. Evon it is even though you are probably corrupt you have my vote #sorrykiel #whatswiththehashtags?

P.S. the Captain’s council is already filled with Pirates… Uhum.. Ex-Pirates but you get my meaning! So another corrupt freeloader shouldn’t be that bad.

#becauseeveryoneloveshashtags

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

Vote for Evon? You’ve gotta be kitten me.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

Vote for Evon? You’ve gotta be kitten me.

I’m not kitten you, hes one bad kitten

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

The cheaper keys is temporary, too.

I assume that regardless of the outcome, we’ll get both fractals anyway. It’s just one will come first by the end of this year.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sharki.5693

Sharki.5693

Vote for Evon vote for the lore!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

Go to Guild Wars 1, Kamadan, realm of torment. Abbaddon is already there.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Let me see. I could support Trahearne 2.0 who can’t do anything wrong ever… or I could support the more interesting character who would probably shake the living story up better than the former.

Yeah, the choice is obvious to me.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

or I could support the more interesting character who would probably shake the living story up better than the former.

Yeah, the choice is obvious to me.

So you mean the Laurel Merchant? Because other than establish the Marketplace, Evon himself hasn’t done much of anything. I don’t see what is so interesting about an overblown merchant.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

Evon has my support.

Considering how divided and angry some people on this forum seem to be, I’m actually kind of worried about what the community will do once this patch goes live.

Sea of Sorrows

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

Evon has my support.

Considering how divided and angry some people on this forum seem to be, I’m actually kind of worried about what the community will do once this patch goes live.

Massive protests in LA, food fights, trash talking, you name it. It will happen. We will destroy LA and everyone in it before either of them wins

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

If Evon getting elected will allow me to beat Abaddon till he cries uncle, so be it.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

She blew up a serviceable Lion Guard ship, which is bad enough by itself, but to make matter worse she did this at a time when the threat of the end of life as we know it (see also: Elder Dragons) looms over all. Tyria can’t afford such a waste of resources and materiel. She should have been relieved of command immediately pending further investigation – but she wasn’t, and there was no investigation. And now here she is vying for a seat on the Captain’s Council…

Something is rotten in the city of Lion’s Arch.

The table is a fable.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Vote for Fall of Abaddon!

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If Evon getting elected will allow me to beat Abaddon till he cries uncle, so be it.

I want to /dance with Abaddon.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

She blew up a serviceable Lion Guard ship, which is bad enough by itself, but to make matter worse she did this at a time when the threat of the end of life as we know it (see also: Elder Dragons) looms over all. Tyria can’t afford such a waste of resources and materiel. She should have been relieved of command immediately pending further investigation – but she wasn’t, and there was no investigation. And now here she is vying for a seat on the Captain’s Council…

Something is rotten in the city of Lion’s Arch.

Don’t forget that SOMEONE had to be onboard that ship to sail it. And I am pretty sure autopilot doesn’t exist on them.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

FOR THE CHARR

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Colin is an Evon supporter.

Voting for Evon might bring us the Sandwichmancer profession somewhere in the future!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Antara.3189

Very glad to see Mr. Colin with his Evon Badge in his Live Stream Today.

Vote EVON

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wor Machien.9657

Wor Machien.9657

Do you watch Community? This gave me a deja vu to the episode where the group was voting in a new member and Jeff was trying to convince everyone Chang was a good idea (because you see what you get). If you don’t watch Community, /disregard.

“I agree” slow clap

(edited by Wor Machien.9657)

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

#TeamGnashblade all the way!!

also, Anet please give some “rioting” skills to our town clothes the day the election is decided, that should be fun xD

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Kiel resorts to smearing Evon because of his ties to the consortium. But I ask you, how many players have benefited from Evon’s dealing with the consortium? Do you have a consortium harvesting sickle? Are you ogling Kasmeer in a bathing suit?

If so, you know that all Evon’s dealing are just so us players can have access to great consortium merchandise without having to deal with the consortium direct. Because I for one would rather face Zaitan by myself then walk into a Consortium store with a full bag of coins.

Evon, he’ll sleep with Krait to bring you items you want and need!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

Evon has my support.

That’s pretty obvious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=677sFuas9BQ 1:00 – 1:40