Why does ArenaNet Glorify Lion's Arch?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

Q:

Lion’s Arch is a Crime Against Tyria for its Traitorous Actions against the People of Tyria. The Council has Engaged in these Crimes:

1. The Support of Minister Caudecus and his Bandits… in the attempt to Overthrow the Queen of Kryta by Engaging in a Ceasefire/Trade Agreement with his Forces (NPCs in Kessex Hills, Human Personal Story)

2. The Harbor of dangerous Pirates and Criminals within the City

3. The Support of the Consortium: A criminal organization that Engaged in the Exploitation of Refugees in Southsun Cove

4. The Offensive Actions against Canach who was attempting to Combat such an Invasion

5. The Exploitation of Resources around Tyria in direct Competition against Local Governments

6. The “Neutral” or otherwise Non-Engagement of Lionsguard against the Elder Dragons in spite of their “Glorified Dragon Bash” Festival

7. The Continued Hostile Invasion of the Mists and the Engagement of other Worlds… a War on Tyria elsewhere in the Mists Unjustified

8. The Continued Efforts to Undermine Local Governments in order to advance the Power of Lion’s Arch and thus attempt to Engage in the Dominiation of Tyria

For these Crimes and likely others not yet posted: Instead of Glorifying Lion’s Arch week after week of patch content and now two “Candidates” who are only promising in effect to further advance NCSOFT’s attempt to get you to buy worthless trash on the Gem Store… the Truth Shall Be So! The Queen of Kytra should overthrow this False Government of Lion’s Arch with the immediate deployment of the Seraph and other potential alliance forces and clean up their lost city once and for all…

Indeed it is so…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

(edited by The Master.2893)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

A:

Kryta will get their day.

That is all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

That is all.

Yeah, and then you are gonna wreck her with White Mantle, centaurs, corrupt ministers, and mursaat…

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Kryta, you say? Fine by me. We haven’t had an event centered on that region (I’m not counting LA or Divinity’s Reach) since Shadow of the Mad King.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in Cutthroat Politics

The Master.2893

That is all.

FINALLY something that makes sense for once!

I guess I/we just have to wait for the Living Story to advance therefore.

Indeed it is so…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Kryta, you say? Fine by me. We haven’t had an event centered on that region (I’m not counting LA or Divinity’s Reach) since Shadow of the Mad King.

Umm, isn’t that were LA is?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Divinity’s Reach is one of the most impressive cities in a RPG, there’s plenty of storytelling potential in there, and I was getting worried it would get forgotten by Anet in favor of Lion’s Arch. Glad to know it’s going to get its day, and I hope it’s relevant enough.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Beetle.2476

Beetle.2476

Lions arch was actually protecting Tyria from invasions by Zhaitan since Cobiah founded it.

It is the first city, or now an nation with southsun being under its control(and possibly Orr?) to treat every species equally(Not sure if the laws against norn or charr still stand in Kryta.)

The pirates must follow Lions Arch laws, or they will be arrested, so technically they are privateers, operating within the law. They don’t support the Consortium, but they haven’t broken any laws so they have their hands tied.

Canach was harming Lions Arch citizens, so he was a menace, regardless of intentions.

When have they ever competed with local governments? All the major cities support them.

The Mist Wars sounds more like they are defending, not invading, based on NPC dialogue.

They don’t have a trade agreement with bandits. They hate bandits. They just would prefer not getting attacked by them to being at war with their forces.

Name one nation against lions arch and I will delete this post.

(edited by Beetle.2476)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

I think that a siege on Divinity’s Reach would be such a cool story. Fighting in the streets and defending the main walls… Man, I think about a cool instance/dungeon like that every time I go to Divinity’s Reach and how awesome it could be..

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

That is all.

LA is in Kryta… so basically more LA?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

I love this! Had to log in to tell you so. Of course I disagree as I am a big fan of Commodore Mariner. Not so sure I would back the filthy humans in aggression towards LA if I was you. LA is the kind of place where a respectable Char can let his fur down, and we will fight to defend it mouse.

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

3. The Support of the Consortium: A criminal organization that Engaged in the Exploitation of Refugees in Southsun Cove

Um, no. The Consortium is at odds with Lion’s Arch. The exploitation of the Southsun refugees happened against Lion’s Arch’s wishes. The Consortium built the refugee facilities without LA’s permission, knowing that public opinion about supporting the refugees would tie the hands of the Captain’s Council. So they couldn’t call out the Consortium on their underhandedness.

Further, I remind you that LA sent a Lionguard agent (Ellen Kiel) to investigate the events on Southsun, who then sabotaged the Consortium’s efforts to further exploit the refugees (by blowing up the contracts binding the refugees into indentured servitude).

In short, the Consortium never had Lion’s Arch’s support. Quite the opposite.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Dungeon in the Divinity’s Reach sinkhole.

/thread.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Cutthroat Politics

Thalador.4218

It is the first city, or now an nation with southsun being under its control(and possibly Orr?) to treat every species equally(Not sure if the laws against norn or charr still stand in Kryta.)

Orr is under Pact jurisdiction and it’ll stay like that until the land is fully cleansed. The Pact are the UN right there. After that, it’ll possibly go back to one of the last surviving lady or lord of the Orrian nobility, Kryta, or Ebonhawke.

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Lions arch was actually protecting Tyria from invasions by Zhaitan since Cobiah founded it.

The pirates must follow Lions Arch laws, or they will be arrested, so technically they are privateers, operating within the law. They don’t support the Consortium, but they haven’t broken any laws so they have their hands tied.

Canach was harming Lions Arch citizens, so he was a menace, regardless of intentions.

When have they ever competed with local governments? All the major cities support them.

The Mist Wars sounds more like they are defending, not invading, based on NPC dialogue.

They don’t have a trade agreement with bandits. They hate bandits. They just would prefer not getting attacked by them to being at war with their forces.

North Korea.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Cutthroat Politics

Thalador.4218

North Korea.

XD Hilarious. Btw, if Cantha continued its xenophobic, human-supramacist, and expansionist policy of the Usoku era, once Bubbles is dealt with we might see an Imperial invasion of Lion’s Arch.

#DragonEmpireForWorldDomination #KittenTheKaiSangPirates

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

Canach is the criminal, using toxins to aggravate wildlife to attack anyone. While he may have had good intentions, vigilante justice is not playing within the laws.

Lion’s Arch has made no move against the crown, and in keeping ceasefire with Caudecus, they have avoided fighting the government of Kryta. Therefore an invasion by the Queen would be seen as an act of aggression against the residents of Lion’s Arch, which is nearly every player character. Good luck on your war against the slayers of Zhaitan, Queen Jenna.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

@Falkor remember that more/less 1/5 of players are humans – and by then – Citizens of the nation of Kryta – as human personal storyline tells so

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Guilden Stern.5104

Guilden Stern.5104

I kind of miss the White Mantle and their awesome armor.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Oh, no you don’t! NoNoNo!

No more dungeons inside cities please!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Oh this sounds too much like the Sea of Sorrows book over again, pro-Krytan extremists who want Lions Arch to be taken over. If you read the book you’ll understand where the city and it’s people come from and what beliefs it’s built on. It’s intended to be a sanctuary for all races coming together for trade and defense against invading forces particularly the Risen as they have experienced it… But other than that, they will remain independent and seek for the best of its citizens not the citizens of Kryta, Black Citadel, Rata Sum, The Grove, Hoelbrak etc. that’s why lions arch is good the way it is, it prevails because it defends it’s people without attachment or specific affiliations to any external forces. Those who reside or stay or are interested in Lions Arch automatically accepts its stance, if they don’t, they can live or go elsewhere. Marriner and those that defended the city gave their lives to protect it and it’s ideals of being that neutral fortified safe house for everyone. In fact bc of Lions Arch and the collaboration of different races especially in the construction and defense against Zhaitan’s offense (essentially the first demonstration of a Pact-like effort), it has brought us more equality and harmony, else you’d likely still be fighting wars for many years against other races… Anyone against it… Doesn’t believe in freedom and equality in races in essence…

(edited by takatsu.9416)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Hey, call me a fool if you want to but I happen to like their “worthless trash” on the gem store! Keep up the good work ArenaNet! (p.s. MORE ARMOR!)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

That is all.

And this day will obviously be temporary content.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Lion’s Arch is the hub of the game, so thats why its getting all the attention. All portals lead to Lion’s Arch.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I do not go to Lion’s Arch if I can help it. It isn’t even a visually pleasing place to experience. To me the entire area is a last minute, poorly designed, piecemeal collection of subpar and discarded landscape, model and conversation samples that offers nothing but an ugly, crowded, lagged out time sink to load into, travel about in, and then get out of. I was very pleased that this most recent living story release did not involve having to go to Lion’s Arch beyond one occasion of being forced to for the sake of traveling to Labyrinthine for the first time to unlock the waypoint there.

My world revolves around Divinity’s Reach. It is a gorgeous, beautifully designed, multi-level, grand-scale city with thousands of personalities and stories roaming its streets. Divinity’s Reach encompasses all of the pleasing elements of the game as to be the very heart of Guild Wars 2 to me. It is my hub in Tyria, my home, not LA.

I am more than willing to spend the extra silver or two to waypoint directly to another major city and then kill a few things to get the coin back, than to travel through Lion’s Arch just to avoid that fee with a free gate use. But that free gate isn’t free, it does have a cost. Oh, does it have a cost. What I save in coin, I spend a multiple of in time wasted.

The time spent sitting at the loading screen just to get into Lion’s Arch, and then being presented with almost nothing loaded up when I spawn into LA (what was it loading?), so I then have to wait for textures to load up enough to be able to see where I am going as to not walk off a cliff just to take a free gate ride to another city… In that amount of time I can easily just kill a few things and make two or three times the small cost of using a waypoint to bypass LA entirely.

I refer to LA as Jita…anyone who has played EVE will know what I mean by that.

There is literally nothing in, around, or about LA that is worth my actually going to it or through it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

There is literally nothing in, around, or about LA that is worth my actually going to it or through it.

Mystic toilet!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Jennah sucks and so does logan. LA > monkeyvinity
My Charr hungers for the flesh of mice again. Screw the treaty.
And my Asura wouldn’t care if you finally wiped eachother off the face of tyria for good.

WTB Forgotten as next playable Race.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

Lion’s Arch is the hub of the game, so thats why its getting all the attention. All portals lead to Lion’s Arch.

250 years earlier all portals lead to Central Transfer Chamber…
and it was destroyed by Primordus

in Cutthroat Politics

StinVec.3621

Mystic toilet!

:D That made me laugh a little. Thanks.
I had gotten several portable mystic toilets (I don’t even remember what it’s actually called) during the Southsun events that I first just tossed from my bags and deleted, but I then started spawning them on top of mountains and buildings for fun.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Mystic toilet!

Mists.

EDIT: A port to The Mists is way quicker than loading Lion’s Arch. It’s free and I can go right back to where I was. Lion’s Arch has been broken since the first event they put there.

(edited by Pennry.9215)

in Cutthroat Politics

StinVec.3621

Mystic toilet!

Mists.

EDIT: A port to The Mists is way quicker than loading Lion’s Arch. It’s free and I can go right back to where I was. Lion’s Arch has been broken since the first event they put there.

Once in The Mists, how are you able to return to where you were before going to The Mists?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Mystic toilet!

Mists.

Once in The Mists, how are you able to return to where you were before going to The Mists?

Click the PvP icon (the two crossed swords) in your menu bar and choose “Go to the Heart of the Mists”. To leave the Heart of the Mists again, click the same button that now says “Leave the Mists”.

Note that the NPC isn’t there to sell Forge materials, so things like Clovers and material promotion aren’t possible (could run through WvW, but that’s just as bad as loading LA). But your standard four items for chance at whatever is easy enough.

(edited by Pennry.9215)

in Cutthroat Politics

StinVec.3621

Click the PvP icon (the two crossed swords) in your menu bar and choose “Go to the Heart of the Mists”. To leave the Heart of the Mists again, click the same button that now says “Leave the Mists”.

Ah, thank you very much. In the first few months of the game releasing I tried to do that, but while in The Mists the button still read as “Go to the Heart of the Mists”. Because of this, I never thought to check on it again as I don’t ever go to The Mists due to not being able to come right back out to where I was. Apparently it was just bugged for me back then and it was fixed. Glad to know that now.

Regarding WvW, does that button work the same way? Just like in The Mists, I always had to jump through the LA gate to come back to “the real world”…and with my hating LA, I just stopped doing anything that had to do with WvW either because I was forced to exit through LA.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

In WvW You are turned back to the place form Where You entered WvW in a phew ways:
1. Hall of Monument stone – use it to tp to Eye of the north and the leave the instance.
2. go through the heart of the mists as, mentioned above
3. logout to character screen and login once again

in Cutthroat Politics

StinVec.3621

In WvW You are turned back to the place form Where You entered WvW in a phew ways:
1. Hall of Monument stone – use it to tp to Eye of the north and the leave the instance.
2. go through the heart of the mists as, mentioned above
3. logout to character screen and login once again

Ah, great ideas! It’s great to know that the HoM stone works that way, that going to mists then leaving mists doesn’t simply take you back to WvW, but to where you were before you went to WvW initially, and that logging out while in WvW and then back in will leave you in the open world location you were originally at before entering WvW.

So confusing, and kind of ridiculous (to me).
But, thank you for these great tips!

Apologies to the OP for this slight derailment of the thread to a not entirely unrelated conversation.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That is all.

LA is in Kryta… so basically more LA?

Well, it’s in Kryta for exploration purposes, but politically it is an independent entity, preserved thus by Cobiah Marriner’s lifetime of effort. Kryta’s Queen has no authority over LA.

in Cutthroat Politics

The Master.2893

Aaaaah guys thanks for the the interesting posts here: I didn’t expect to get so much “care” on the matter…

It is true that regardless of my story-based reasons listed I; like some players, just don’t like LA and how it looks either. Just feels bad. And if your computer isn’t fast (which mine is custom built by me to be fast) the loading/graphic problem is a problem.

What I also haven’t mentioned is that the focus of a city/zone like LA to force players there causes player caps to be hit; during events mostly, that force you into unforgiving “overflow” zones, which just make you mad like crazy. I don’t know why player caps are so small in the instanced zones of GW2 and not so in open world games like World of Warcraft; but this problem of spam overflow in LA simply removes you from the game.

Its hard enough there isn’t a global or otherwise trade channel but now you are gonna put me with random players of other servers… How am I ever supposed to engage in social interaction in GW2? A Subject of another Grand Thread…

Indeed it is so…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Lion’s Arch is a Crime Against Tyria for its Traitorous Actions against the People of Tyria. The Council has Engaged in these Crimes:

1. The Support of Minister Caudecus and his Bandits… in the attempt to Overthrow the Queen of Kryta by Engaging in a Ceasefire/Trade Agreement with his Forces (NPCs in Kessex Hills, Human Personal Story)

I’ll leave this out since I haven’t done human personal story yet..

2. The Harbor of dangerous Pirates and Criminals within the City

Well, it was a city founded by dangerous pirates and criminals in the first place… as long as they behave, that is..

The consortium has a base in LA, but doesn’t mean they’re directly supporting it. They took advantage of a situation that LA was ill prepared for (the refugees) and actually, the one that ended consortium activities with the refugees was a lionguard, which is now praised and awarded with a ship, crew, promotion to ship captain and a chance to a seat in the council, so I don’t think LA itself was supporting the consortium in that event.

4. The Offensive Actions against Canach who was attempting to Combat such an Invasion

He was attempting to combat it by means that also meant harm and dead to the refugees he was trying to support, with questionable results, and the actions done against him ended with the results he was attempting to achieve in the first place.

5. The Exploitation of Resources around Tyria in direct Competition against Local Governments

AFAIK there are no direct resource explotation under direct control of LA, instead they provide security (in the form of the lionguard) to the explotation and trading posts and roads for the other governments.

6. The “Neutral” or otherwise Non-Engagement of Lionsguard against the Elder Dragons in spite of their “Glorified Dragon Bash” Festival

The Lionguard is a police organization meant to keep the peace and order on lions arch and its direct interests (trading roads and things like that). They don’t directly participate in the war effort, but neither do the Asura Peacemakers, Sylvari Wardens, Human Seraph or Charr Adamant Guard, which are similar organizations. And even more, the Lionguard did take active participation on the battle of claw island.

7. The Continued Hostile Invasion of the Mists and the Engagement of other Worlds… a War on Tyria elsewhere in the Mists Unjustified

The portals are in LA because is where the god Balthazar placed them, but last I heard there are heralds supporting the war effort on all cities and from all races, and also participation isn’t limited to LA inhabitants.

8. The Continued Efforts to Undermine Local Governments in order to advance the Power of Lion’s Arch and thus attempt to Engage in the Dominiation of Tyria

Like what, for example?… AFAIK the council is more interested on trading than in invasions or military actions against other governments.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

That is all.

That confirms it: Anise as the new Human Queen!

Thanks!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That is all.

Is that a hint towards more developments in Kasmeer’s story? If we really are going back to Kryta hopefully the Living Story can load up on more non-human characters before that happens, because so far it’s been heavy on humans.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

That is all.

Is that a hint towards more developments in Kasmeer’s story? If we really are going back to Kryta hopefully the Living Story can load up on more non-human characters before that happens, because so far it’s been heavy on humans.

Such as? The first humans to make it to the LS are the Zephyrites. Ok, we had a human detective before that.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

locoman.1974

That is all.

in Flame and Frost, humans were mostly absent, enemies were charr and dredge, and the affected aread and refugees were norn and charr mostly, in southsun the main hero (other than us) was a human, but the villains were a sylvari and an asura, the dragonbash was really the only one that was human heavy when you talk about the main characters at least.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

That is all.

eventually Marjory Delaqua
I would like to see her once again – that idea of making good NPC’s for just one event and left them forgotten after that is a crap
so I want:
1. Return of Braham
2. Return of Rox
3. Return of Marjory Delaqua
there are all NPC’a that rpg-wisely was mcuh befriended with my characters and their dissapearing is sad

btw. that can also mean that next dragon will invade kryta – for example primordus will have a spawn near divinity’s reach….

in Cutthroat Politics

locoman.1974

That is all.

I would like to see her once again – that idea of making good NPC’s for just one event and left them forgotten after that is a crap
so I want:
1. Return of Braham
2. Return of Rox
there are all NPC’a that rpg-wisely was mcuh befriended with my characters and their dissapearing is sad

btw. that can also mean that next dragon will invade kryta – for example primordus will have a spawn near divinity’s reach….

They’ll probably come back at some point in future living stories… Braham, for example, is on his home right now and you can go talk to him and witness a small conversation he has there (which kinda made me feel bad for him).

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

That is all.

so I want:
1. Return of Braham
2. Return of Rox

They’ll probably come back at some point in future living stories… Braham, for example, is on his home right now and you can go talk to him and witness a small conversation he has there (which kinda made me feel bad for him).

so My guardian need to visit his norn friend in his home
and I hope they all will return otherwise I will be very dissapointed (every NPC I just start to like is disappearing just a phew second later

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: spoonbobcat.9821

spoonbobcat.9821

That is all.

And I who hoped that humans would get even more extinct. If you see the Teaser trailer for Guild Wars 2 you can see their pride when fighting Zhaitans armies. They lost and that’s how I would liked it to continue! Even the slighest glint of hope and chance for rebuild would just end up in disaster, making humans corrupt and greedy. Disgusting and desperate.

Charrs would push the borders, leaving humans locked in their last kingdom. Centaurs, Charrs and other creatures making humans lifes miserable.

Asurans stop caring, digging themselves underground again. Charrs and Sylvari to be left fighting for the rest of Tyria where the Sylvari would see the destruction Charrs brought and try to sustain it.

Just a simple though of death, misery and no good endings.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Alto Zenith.2678

Alto Zenith.2678

I think AnthonyOrdon means the people of Kryta as a whole, who are independent from the people who run LA.

in Cutthroat Politics

The Master.2893

If ArenaNet is to develop a race inside the current game world: The Sylvari are the only race that is a must-need engagement. Not only are they new… however we do not know much about the intentions of the Pale Tree or basically why they exist or what they are supposed to do.

The Kryta Humans need some resolution in time but that would require moving the story of many in-game things past their current “time” thus making it a problem for new players or otherwise players that have not yet finished the current game. Thus the need to expand GW2 outside of its current zones is absolute.

Yet there is other forum threads and interviews suggesting that no expansions will be made for GW2. This will be a problem if that also mean no real content that is lasting and large in scale is released.

Think about it… look at the Wiki for example: Tyria is a big planet. GW1 only reached a small part of it. There are whole regions that have yet to be explored on the planet. In games like WoW; the entire planet in general has been discovered, therefore adding newer content is harder. Guild Wars still has plenty of space to be had and it would be a disgrace if ArenaNet didn’t do something about it so…

Only Time Shall Tell…

Indeed it is so….

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

(edited by The Master.2893)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Oh, no you don’t! NoNoNo!

No more dungeons inside cities please!

Just because dungeons start in a city doesn’t mean they end there. If you are defending a city against a dragon attack onslot I bet you would like it. I’m surprised more of these don’t occur.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

How dare you suggest the Mist War is unjustified? The “people” through that portal are evil and will destroy us so we must destroy them first!

Have you been in there? Spend some time in Mist War and you’ll get it. Have you seen what they do?! If you build anything, they come to burn it down. They take over villages and mercilessly attack the inhabitants and leave evil, twisted version of the villagers who attack you on sight! They will attack you and kill you, too, if you give them any chance. You go afk for a moment, 20 of them will come and beat on you, reveling in your pain, and ram a kitten banner post through your skull!

Have you looked at the people through that portal? You know what they are called? INVADERS! You cannot argue with the tags above their head or the color of their text. The text is red, meaning evil and murderous, and they are called “Invaders.”

Calls for peace in the Mists are nothing but cries to surrender to evil, murderous invaders who will rampage through Tyria given half a chance. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a traitor!

[Note: this post is a joke and not meant to be a reflection on any real world political situation]