Give us ONE ticket for 10 or 12 events.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AkiLeaves.2613

AkiLeaves.2613

Seriously, I know that everyone and their mother is kittening, but at 4000 coffers opened, I’m a little disheartened.

I know that RNG has its perks and benefits, and generates more revenue for Arena Net, and I’m not saying they should stop.

For those who have already gotten tickets, awesome for them. Allow us to ADDITIONALLY gain one ticket from completing maybe 10 or 12 of the events, like how you need 8 for the wings. With this, people like me can have one guaranteed ticket if we work hard enough, and others who get them from RNG simply get additional weapons they can use tickets on.

I don’t think anyone would complain about this, and I doubt anyone will be saying, “THIS IS BULLkitten, I WORKED HARD FOR MY TICKET, NOW EVERYONE HAS ONE, OMG!” Since RNG =/= hard work for something you earned.

If we do this, people like me can work for at least ONE ticket, and other lucky blokes will be able to use the skins on other weapons as well; I don’t see how this would hurt anyone.

Well maybe if someone only wants ONE skin, and it would mean Arena Net loses money because they’re not breaking their balls over buying gem shop kitten, then yes, it would be a loss I suppose.

But if that was a legitimate argument, then that would pretty much be a big middle finger to the community.

I am SURE someone else has suggested this, but I don’t want to hunt through the forums. If a dev sees this, please just consider doing this. I really just want one ticket for my staff, and am afraid of opening another 4000 coffers to just get nothing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

same boat here too buddy, i hit the big 4k empty handed too. I’ve stopped caring T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

AkiLeaves.2613

Glad someone agrees. : /

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HeroxZ.7196

HeroxZ.7196

Yep still haven’t got a ticket

Frosted|Frostii|Frostiix2|Frosted Flakes|
HowToBasic [Yolo]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

IMO, a lot of nice skins going completely to waste because someone decided to make the tickets RNG only.

I hope everyone is getting tired of this, so we can say goodbye to RNG chests as the primary method of getting skins. The only thing worse than the RNG element is the actual odds. They were incredibly stingy when they didn’t really need to be. I know I would have spent a lot more time, effort gems and gold going after the numerous skins I would have liked to have for my characters in the odds had been 10 times better. With the odds as they are, just not worth the stress, bother, gold or cash.

They could have made the premium coffers have 1 in 20 odds and the normal coffers 1 in 200, made more money, taken more gold out of the economy and made a heck of a lot more people happy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

My odds have been 1 ticket for every 500 coffers. It is a shame that your luck is so poor.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I agree. I really hate this system and I’ll be very disappointed if the sky pirates event uses the same for weapons. I don’t want to rng to get that revolver >.< It’ll most likely be gem store so let me buy it straight up!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I thought sky pirates was part of the dragon bash story? like frost and flame and the molten dungeon???

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

They’ve been more than generous by adding the tickets to the normal coffers. Imagine if the tickets were only available in the rich coffers like in the previous ‘exclusive’ weapons.
I know guildies that have spent around 300-400$ to get a fusion weapon, do you have any idea how crazy that is? Now the average for a ticket seems to be ~1000 regular coffers which is about 5-6$. If that isn’t already generous in your opinion, I really don’t know what to tell you.

If this is still a problem with you, then follow these three thumb rules to survive in the jungle of RNG.

1. Never spend more than you can afford. That goes for real money and ingame money alike. If you do, it will leave you with a frustrated mind when it doesn’t go your way.

2. Always decide before hand on how much you would like to spend on average to acquire your goal. This is to prevent getting into a vicious circle of “keep trying” which will end up making you use up ridiculous amount of money for your goal as you “must get it no matter what”.

3. You don’t NEED any of these skins. The game is still fully functional and you can still acquire the best gear in the game by not spending a dime (other than the game purchase price). Also, there’s already plenty of skins in the game, surely there’s already another skin you’d find fitting.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

just make them buyable in the gemstore for 1000 gems! everyone happy this way.

no more RNG box crying and still a good profit for Anet.
however i doubt people will still buy RNG boxes if the skins are for sale.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I know guildies that have spent around 300-400$ to get a fusion weapon, do you have any idea how crazy that is?

Incredibly crazy, and exactly the reason why we keep getting more and more skins on RNG. Because idiots like these keep paying through the nose for them.

Every event its the same kitten thing. Thread after thread of people complaining about the kittenty RNG system to get skins. And every time i sit here and read “i spend 50$ and didnt get a ticket!” “i got 300 boxes, and didnt get a ticket~!” “my friend spend 200$ and didnt get a ticket!” “i didnt get a ticket untill after 100 boxes!” “i got my ticket after just <equivelant of 20$ in gemstore purchases>”

Cry, kitten and moan. And yet you all keep buying those same stupid boxes, and then you moan some more.
Here’s an idea, DONT BUY THEM. Dont farm them, dont spend gems on them, dont anything with them. Just, ignore them, ignore the whole set of new skins next time they do this. Send the message that this is not okay and you’re sick of it. That will make them change their strategy to something more consumer friendly.

But i doubt people will change. I can already see it now, the next wave of skins from RNG boxes. And within hours the first thread:
“omfg i just took out a second morgage on my house and spend it all on boxes and i still dont have a skin! I has an outrage! Make droprate higher, and please do it fast because im about to buy more boxes”.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Terrahero is right – dont buy them. Its the only way to get them to change.

And here’s another idea: Dont clutter the forum with pity stories and ludicrous ideas like getting a ticket for 2000 zhaitaffy, or automatically for completing 12 of the achievements. If you want to whine to anyone whine to the people in your group that keep anet making those RNG boxes. And if you think you arent just hopelessly begging and consider your post and suggestion plausible, then you’re living in a dream world. Keep some attachment to reality please.

It’s obvious they are making good money with RNG and you’re wasting your time and our time with these threads.

Instead, think about the situation objectively and suggest solutions that might help us, the players, without nuking Anets financial bottom line. Such ideas might actually get looked at by them with consideration.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

I know guildies that have spent around 300-400$ to get a fusion weapon, do you have any idea how crazy that is?

Incredibly crazy, and exactly the reason why we keep getting more and more skins on RNG. Because idiots like these keep paying through the nose for them.

Every event its the same kitten thing. Thread after thread of people complaining about the kittenty RNG system to get skins. And every time i sit here and read “i spend 50$ and didnt get a ticket!” “i got 300 boxes, and didnt get a ticket~!” “my friend spend 200$ and didnt get a ticket!” “i didnt get a ticket untill after 100 boxes!” “i got my ticket after just <equivelant of 20$ in gemstore purchases>”

Cry, kitten and moan. And yet you all keep buying those same stupid boxes, and then you moan some more.
Here’s an idea, DONT BUY THEM. Dont farm them, dont spend gems on them, dont anything with them. Just, ignore them, ignore the whole set of new skins next time they do this. Send the message that this is not okay and you’re sick of it. That will make them change their strategy to something more consumer friendly.

But i doubt people will change. I can already see it now, the next wave of skins from RNG boxes. And within hours the first thread:
“omfg i just took out a second morgage on my house and spend it all on boxes and i still dont have a skin! I has an outrage! Make droprate higher, and please do it fast because im about to buy more boxes”.

This.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think Anet for this event (and any other event that will have these RNG boxes) is to just give everybody who participated in the event 1 ticket. Any more tickets found on top of that would just be gravy.

I think it’d solve a lot of the complaining that goes on here.. and realistically, it’s no skin of Anets back to do so. If anything, people may end up buying more in show of support.

I don’t care much for the RNG and will never spend money on the potential for something (there is a lottery for that). To put it into perspective, I don’t care much for these jade weapon skins, but the flame ones I did. If those weapon tickets were purchasable directly for gems; I would have purchased the entire lot of them.

Could Anet have gotten some money out of me for weapon tickets? For sure, but not under these RNG circumstances they wont.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

3. You don’t NEED any of these skins.

Can we please stop with this horrible argument in every rng skin thread?

We as living beings only NEED a few things. food. water. shelter. Since we’re talking about a game, we’re obviously past the point of necessities and are participating for personal enjoyment. This is the most asinine comment on these forums and so frequently spouted!

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

We as living beings only NEED a few things. food. water. shelter. Since we’re talking about a game, we’re obviously past the point of necessities and are participating for personal enjoyment. This is the most asinine comment on these forums and so frequently spouted!

You want to play the game, you pay for the game. EVERYTHING in this game, can be accomplished without the need to spend any money at all on a skin that has no impact on your gameplay whatsoever.

If you want that fancy new skin, by all means, go for it. But fully knowing how horrible the chances are to getting it and still willing to go for it, is beyond stupidity.
The reason this game and pretty much every other MMO game takes advantage of RNG boxes, is because they’re fully aware that people are willing to go to extremes to obtain what they want. If everyone would react and gather some common sense and think for one second “I just spent 400$ to try and get a skin, what the hell am I doing?” and would stop buying them, then they would stop selling them, it’s as simple as that.

They’re a company, they check their monthly statistical figures. If they see that this system works and they’re getting profits through the roof due to crazy players spending 400$ for a skin, they’ll keep doing it. Hell, I would keep doing it if I were them.

You have a choice and you know the chances. The chances are terrible to obtain the tickets. From there you have the choice to buy and most likely spend tons of money or not buying them at all. If you later on get nothing, then you only have yourself to blame. If you want to present an alternative to them, that would be reasonable. But to create threads to rage and demand stuff, that’s just silly.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

It isn’t “NEED” as in a necessity to live. It means that the skin has no impact on gameplay what-so-ever. If random boxes were the only way to get ascended level weapons for example, that would be bull.

For a cosmetic item random chance is “fine” (it’d still be nice to get one for some goal/dungeon/hard jp though). Saying you don’t need the skin is not an asinine comment. You mention personal enjoyment like you haven’t enjoyed the game up until this point. People that must have this skin to enjoy the game, what did they do for the previous 8 months? How does not having this skin not let you enjoy the game (other than getting angry that you did not receive said skin)?

in Dragon Bash

Terrahero.9358

For a cosmetic item random chance is “fine”

It isnt fine if you pay for these dice rolls aswell.

You spend 20$ on boxes, no ticket. Hmm, what do you do? More boxes or do you accept that you just kitten ed away 20$ and got nothing in return for it?
Gee, not hard to imagine that people will then go ahead and buy more boxes because they dont want their money to have gone to waste.
Thats getting pretty close to being an exploitive bussiness model. There is a reason why scratch tickets and lottery tickets require a certain age to purchase in most countries.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

It isn’t “NEED” as in a necessity to live. It means that the skin has no impact on gameplay what-so-ever. If random boxes were the only way to get ascended level weapons for example, that would be bull.

For a cosmetic item random chance is “fine” (it’d still be nice to get one for some goal/dungeon/hard jp though). Saying you don’t need the skin is not an asinine comment. You mention personal enjoyment like you haven’t enjoyed the game up until this point. People that must have this skin to enjoy the game, what did they do for the previous 8 months? How does not having this skin not let you enjoy the game (other than getting angry that you did not receive said skin)?

It is asinine to tell people that they don’t NEED something when in fact, no one NEEDS to play a game either.

For a purpose of personal pleasure, it is up to ones self to determine whether they need something to justify that desire.

If someone decides that they would like something to increase their personal enjoyment in the game, and going without it would hinder that enjoyment, although shallow it is their personal opinion and are allowed it.

My problem is with this frequent argument that portrays anyone who would like something nice as some spoiled child who doesn’t understand simple game mechanics, whom are scolded for their desires and are told they don’t NEED it.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of gaming.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Simple answer to the RNG ticket issue. Make all RNG weapon skins exclusive for 3 months after the event, this allows Anet to sell the RNG boxes for the monthly event and gain income from those who’d like a gamble. After 3 months then give everybody the opportunity to buy a ticket or weapon skin on the TP. This way they make money from the event and money later for the tickets and weapon skins.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Reivaxe.1358

Reivaxe.1358

It is asinine to tell people that they don’t NEED something when in fact, no one NEEDS to play a game either.

For a purpose of personal pleasure, it is up to ones self to determine whether they need something to justify that desire.

If someone decides that they would like something to increase their personal enjoyment in the game, and going without it would hinder that enjoyment, although shallow it is their personal opinion and are allowed it.

My problem is with this frequent argument that portrays anyone who would like something nice as some spoiled child who doesn’t understand simple game mechanics, whom are scolded for their desires and are told they don’t NEED it.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of gaming.

This

Plus- End game for MANY people = “time to make your character look as cool as you can!”. That’s what skins are really for … right? I mean, I’m not gonna give my level 2 Guardian a jade skin or a gem-store stem punk armor skin and then go through the trouble of transmuting it upward. Skins are seen as a money maker because that’s what MANY people want after they have gotten to the level cap … that’s exactly why we have trans crystals for level 80 stuff.

And no, don’t give me this crap about not HAVING to spend money on this. For many people time = money and having to GRIND out a few 1000 coffers or GRIND out the cash to buy a few 1000 coffers is a major bother. What’s so bad about giving everyone a guaranteed route to getting a ticket? Why do we have to gamble with real world MONEY if we wanna support the company and get a jade skin at the same time?

And someone made a great point … NO ONE would kitten about rng with the Jade tickets if they dropped as often as those darn fireworks or food items! Why would we? It would be easy to get them and move on with your life.

People love this game and suggest such great alternatives because they want fans to be happy AND to keep the company happy. Yet these people scold them because they’re against a practice that’s anti-player.

in Dragon Bash

AkiLeaves.2613

How can anyone even disagree with what I’ve said? How is giving one ticket to people for 10 or 12 achievements in any way something you can think is a bad idea?

Yes, I kittened, but I also offered constructive feedback, and a good suggestion on how to make this better.

Of course no one needs the bloody skins. No one needs Guild Wars, no one needs to have internet, we really don’t need much at all, do we?

You know what? If Arena Net let me buy a ticket for 1000 gems, I’d probably even break down and buy one. (Though I’d still think it’s BS)

The issue isn’t me giving ANet money, it’s giving them money for kitten ed lottery tickets with a ridiculously low rate of actual payout.

They want to make me pay for a ticket? Fine, I will give you my money. But if they have the audacity to make me pay to play the lottery with them, then that is far from okay.

I am OKAY with giving them money, that is not the freaking issue here. Hell, I’d pay 15-20 gold on the auction house for one as well, but… Guess what? I can’t, they’re soulbound. So I keep having to bash my head into a wall as that level 19 Sylvari talks about having five of them in his inventory but doesn’t even like any of the skins.

I haven’t spent a dime on this event. I’ve farmed coffers, and I’ve bought them with my own gold.

If Arena Net really wanted my money, there is a much easier way to do it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

This is also a pretty asinine comparison. When people say “don’t need,” they obviously mean in context of “what will happen if you don’t have it?”

You didn’t list in your “Needed” list hygiene, for example. And yet the consequences of choosing not to take showers ever is quite dire. Do you “need” to take showers? In the absolute sense of the word, no, but to do so is to ignore the context and the consequences of not taking showers, which are not good.

This thought applies to skins. We’re talking about not being able to obtain one skin when about 60 other weapon skins exist. When people talk about “You don’t need skins,” they’re talking about the minimal impact this has on actual gameplay that lacking this skin has. And indeed, it is minimal, whether you like it or not (as opposed to say, you don’t NEED to play the game. But obviously, the consequences of that is far more impactful to gameplay than not having a Jade skin)

Please don’t lose perspective on the context of this argument.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have developed a great solution. At the end of the event give everyone 1 ticket. However the skins can only be transmuted using an extremely rare transmission stone that come from drops. Problem solved. Everyone gets their ticket.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

People always confuse NEED and WANT …..why?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

That isn’t even the problem.

The problem is that someone could have started farming coffers since the second Dragon Bash started and never stopped playing the game for a second until right this second, and still never get a weapon ticket.
Someone could blow (hypothetically, I hope no one actually does) thousands upon thousands of dollars on Rich Coffers, and not get a ticket.

The potential amount of gametime and farming required could eclipse the amount of time it would take to make a Legendary and someone could still not get a ticket.

It’s not even a matter of people whining over wanting things, RNG is just a horrible idea since it’s entirely possible people could get shafted like this, and I dare anyone to say that it’s a great idea.

You can have RNG in this game, but only if there’s some sort of way to definitely work towards the rewards, and no, I don’t mean something insane like one billion Zhaitaffy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

The problem is that someone could have started farming coffers since the second Dragon Bash started and never stopped playing the game for a second until right this second, and still never get a weapon ticket.
Someone could blow (hypothetically, I hope no one actually does) thousands upon thousands of dollars on Rich Coffers, and not get a ticket.

The potential amount of gametime and farming required could eclipse the amount of time it would take to make a Legendary and someone could still not get a ticket.

It’s not even a matter of people whining over wanting things, RNG is just a horrible idea since it’s entirely possible people could get shafted like this, and I dare anyone to say that it’s a great idea.

You can have RNG in this game, but only if there’s some sort of way to definitely work towards the rewards, and no, I don’t mean something insane like one billion Zhaitaffy.

Which, with the amount of chests ive farmed and opened, could easily afford >:(

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Back to reddit with you.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

Back to reddit with you.

LOL …… Banished ………..(tail between legs and all)

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

Ok I shall rephrase that.

Why do people think they deserve or owed something?

I do happen to like RNG as I may or may not have a chance of finding a ticket, I don’t care either way , Yes I desire one but won’t lose sleep if I don’t get it , Nor will i chuck a hissy fit that the RNG Gods are kittened

I also see (which I didn’t at first ) that some people have no self control and will send stupid amounts of money buying a chance to find a ticket. By nature I am not a gambler, yes i take risks , calculated risks though.

Perhaps the answer is sell similar items in the black lion for a set amount , but have the tickets for more unique items drop in world ,similar to shattered wings and the holo wing drops.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I am SURE someone else has suggested this, but I don’t want to hunt through the forums. If a dev sees this, please just consider doing this.

Indeed:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/3-Step-Solution-to-ALL-our-woes

:)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

This has also been suggested before, to give us a guaranteed ticket if we open x amount of coffers. Why not make it into an achievement so we can track how many we have opened?
Every 2000 or so regular coffers you open will complete the achievement and give you a ticket.
For rich coffers, maybe for every 25 opened. I don’t think it would be too much to ask, to know you’d get at least 1 ticket for those 2000 gems.
The coffers should still drop random tickets as well.

It’s not like this would make everyone run around with jade weapons. I’ve opened 6000+ coffers now and have 3 tickets. With 4 level 80s, each using several different weapons, another 3 guaranteed tickets would be nice. :p

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think the community is pretty much united against the idea of RNG boxes, but obviously if people want the skins, they are going to keep buying in to them. The only way I see this changing is if Anet has a personal change of heart when hearing our cries of frustration.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Making the tickets tradable if a much better solution instead of guaranteed drops. It makes farming worth the time and money and people who do not like it can just throw gold to buy the tickets.
I don’t like the way that some drops are soul or even account bound. Hate that stuff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Making the tickets tradable if a much better solution instead of guaranteed drops. It makes farming worth the time and money and people who do not like it can just throw gold to buy the tickets.
I don’t like the way that some drops are soul or even account bound. Hate that stuff.

I think the reason it’s that way is to keep the lucky people from turning a big profit, just my speculation though. You spend 10g on boxes and get 2-3 tickets and then sell them for 20g+ each. I see this event (between the AH fees for selling coffers, moa racing, the “huge” expense it was for some people to wp around for either holos or effigies) as a way to help “stabilize” the economy/be a gold sink while giving content to new people.

And random boxes may not be great, but they are the “best” way that gives money to Anet and gives “equal” chances to all players.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

the skin has no impact on gameplay what-so-ever.

I know, right. Skins – bah! Frivolity! Heck, all this ‘oh this game has great graphics’ nonsense – who needs it, anyway? Give us stick figures – one size fits all! – wielding stick weapons, and a world that is mostly just a blank black background with a few squares (buildings) and triangles (trees and mountains) scattered around for the sake of immersion (which is still a little on the frivolous side, if you ask me, especially if <shudder> more than two colors are involved, but whatever). Just think, if game developers weren’t so bogged down all the time trying to make things look ‘good’ with all these frivolous and fancy graphics and skins that we don’t NEED, they’d have much more time and resources and energy to apply to critical things like gameplay.

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

I disagree. Buy my dragon coffers once the event is over >:D

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

It can be a good idea for future events, but I honestly doubt they’d do something like this for this particular event, mainly because of the people that have already spent gold/money on coffers to get a ticket.

I undestand and agree that a way to get tickets that aren’t tied to RNG (heck, I’d even support if they had a ticket as reward for 100k zaithaffy), but adding it at this point to the event would anger those that already spend gold or money in coffers because it was the only way to get them in the first place.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Dragon Bash

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m sorry but the “It’s not fair because I really really want it” claims are getting a bit old. Here is the circular pattern I always see with these items:

1. “These items should not be RNG drops they should be in the gem store so I can buy them direct.”
  2. “These items should not be in the cash shop, they should be obtainable in game. I don’t want to pay for them.”

Back to 1. Wash and repeat.

Here is a good example related to the new armor skins. It took no time at all for this thread to show up:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/only-available-in-gemstore/

No I have not gotten a ticket. I would have liked one for my longbow but if I don’t get it I will somehow manage to live with that. Extremely rare items are not meant for everyone to have. Hopefully some of you get one before the event ends.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xzaander.4123

Xzaander.4123

Funny thing is, in all of the threads I’ve seen about this RNG issue, none has got a reply from Anet…

in Dragon Bash

Terrahero.9358

Funny thing is, in all of the threads I’ve seen about this RNG issue, none has got a reply from Anet…

The only reply they need is in sales. And that seems to tell them “Go get em, Tiger!”.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

3. You don’t NEED any of these skins. The game is still fully functional and you can still acquire the best gear in the game by not spending a dime (other than the game purchase price). Also, there’s already plenty of skins in the game, surely there’s already another skin you’d find fitting.

BS. What if obtaining exotic and ascended gear was only possible with abysmal RNG? By your own advice, you don’t need these to play the game.

What if entering a new area was dependant on rolling 1 on a 1000 dice, and you could roll only 1 time per day? By your silly argument, that is fine as well, because you can indeed enter the area at some point, doesnt matter if its in 80 years, and you don’t NEED to enter a new area anyway right?

The OP is right, giving a ticket for 10 achievements would be the right way to go. It’s not like it would ruin the market.. it’s soulbound. Or make it tradable and keep the current drop rate.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

BS. What if obtaining exotic and ascended gear was only possible with abysmal RNG? By your own advice, you don’t need these to play the game

Which is why there’s a difference between items that give stats (affects gameplay) and cosmetics (doesn’t affect gameplay).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I know loads of people that opened just a few hundred and got a ticket.I opened about 1000+ and i have 4 tickets…Play more,open more..Theyre so easy to get.
Ticket for achievement is wrong imo.The weapon will lose being special right there…since every man and his wife and his kid will be wearing one after having done 10 achievements….The RNG on these things is to keep it a special item.Also,you do not even have to spend a dime in the gemstore,you can buy the normal coffins with ingame money at the BLTC…But since you dont have a ticket im sure you will disagree with me no matter what.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

I’m sorry but the “It’s not fair because I really really want it” claims are getting a bit old. Here is the circular pattern I always see with these items:

1. “These items should not be RNG drops they should be in the gem store so I can buy them direct.”
  2. “These items should not be in the cash shop, they should be obtainable in game. I don’t want to pay for them.”

Back to 1. Wash and repeat.

Here is a good example related to the new armor skins. It took no time at all for this thread to show up:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/only-available-in-gemstore/

No I have not gotten a ticket. I would have liked one for my longbow but if I don’t get it I will somehow manage to live with that. Extremely rare items are not meant for everyone to have. Hopefully some of you get one before the event ends.

Can I have your babies? LOL

in Dragon Bash

JustTrogdor.7892

Can I have your babies? LOL

I think I recall you saying in a thread about the fireworks that you are in Australia. I don’t think guesting will work. :P

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

Donor guesting perhaps? LOL

in Dragon Bash

JustTrogdor.7892

Donor guesting perhaps? LOL

Not to derail the thread, but I forget isn’t it almost winter in Australia?

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Lisa.6102

In a few days time yes,

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I know loads of people that opened just a few hundred and got a ticket.I opened about 1000+ and i have 4 tickets…Play more,open more..Theyre so easy to get.

And other people have opened thousands and got jack, that’s how RNG works and why people are complaining. It took me 1300 coffers to get one ticket, for example.

Ticket for achievement is wrong imo.The weapon will lose being special right there…since every man and his wife and his kid will be wearing one after having done 10 achievements….The RNG on these things is to keep it a special item.

Who gives a kitten if the weapon is “special”? Some of us choose weapon skins because we like the way they look, not because other people don’t have them.