Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

LOL
You want everything right now, i get it. It’s your own kitten fault for being impatient, the event lasts for weeks so play the game normally, do the event stuff and no doubt you would have gotten a ticket that way.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

LOL
You want everything right now, i get it. It’s your own kitten fault for being impatient, the event lasts for weeks so play the game normally, do the event stuff and no doubt you would have gotten a ticket that way.

LOL it’s rather sad to see you acting so high and mighty

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Well, I got a spare couple of hundred bucks lying about…but you know what? Im keeping it. I’d rather ceremoniously burn it than donate it to this travesty on the slim possibility of sort-of-obtaining something that only exists on someone elses server space anyway…just so I can run around with a green blob that looks like Kermit the frog got a stick pregnant.

I’ll have drink for you if you get one though…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KeyVerin.6051

KeyVerin.6051

2000gems – 25 Rich Dragon Coffers
Nothing but candy and some fireworks. I converted gold to gems (about 70g)
I learned my lesson, not going to buy anything again.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

It’s precisely because of this bad business practice that GW2 is now my purgatory game while I wait for something else to come out. I used to respect Anet coming from over 7 years of GW1, but this is just ridiculous. I haven’t purchased a single chest across all these “content” updates, and I never will. This is 100% pure greed, as there would be no harm in increasing the drop rate. What’s wrong with people getting more than one weapon ticket? Many people use more than one weapon. Literally every bit of “content” that has been released has revolved around this RNG scam for chests. My friend spent $200 on chests and got 1 ticket. Looks like even the wealthy are gibbed in this. You have talented artists that make interesting items only for them to be handed out to whoever has the biggest wallet while the rest of the playerbase is too afraid to purchase in fear of what both OP and my friend went through. Here’s to hoping Anet makes content with the players in mind again.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Well, I got a spare couple of hundred bucks lying about…but you know what? Im keeping it. I’d rather ceremoniously burn it than donate it to this travesty on the slim possibility of sort-of-obtaining something that only exists on someone elses server space anyway…just so I can run around with a green blob that looks like Kermit the frog got a stick pregnant.

I’ll have drink for you if you get one though…

Coffee came out my nose….thanks for that

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Welcome to the world of ANet. I want to punch somebody in the face. That’s what their game makes me feel right now, congratulations.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They will keep doing this as long as players are buying.

As for why they don’t simply offer it strait up, they make more money this way. And until the push back is sufficient, they will keep doing so.

It appears the only thing they learned is to offer a Costo size bulk package so you wouldn’t have to click the 400 gem package 5 times.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Thanks for supporting Aion next expantion.

I LoL’d
It’s true too if “NC West” is still all bundled under the same flawed accounting dumptruck but just under a different name…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Kermit: “I love you sticky”
Stick: “….”
Kermit: “That pig never return my calls, she just doesnt doesnt understand me..”
Kermit: “Why don’t you move over here, a little bit closer”

Fade to black. Cue: 1970’s music.

in Dragon Bash

Phaedryn.3698

They will keep doing this as long as players are buying.

As for why they don’t simply offer it strait up, they make more money this way. And until the push back is sufficient, they will keep doing so.

It appears the only thing they learned is to offer a Costo size bulk package so you wouldn’t have to click the 400 gem package 5 times.

Having been in Eve during the open revolt of the player base following the introduction of their cash shop, the difference in the two player bases is quite stark. In Eve they literally turned the largest trading hub in the game into a scrap yard.

Of course, Eve is a sandbox game and the players have the tools and freedom necessary to express their discontent in-game. Then again, here they have the option of “not playing” and refusing to buy gems at all. Thinking about it, I think GW2 players have an advantage. The can keep playing the game all the while starve it of funding. Eve could sort of do that for those, like me, who pay our subscription by buying PLEX with in game currency.

(edited by Phaedryn.3698)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

From the patch notes:
“The Rich Dragon Coffer is now available in the Consumable category of the Gem Store for 100 gems each, or 5 for 400 gems and 25 for 2,000 gems. This special festival box always contains Dragon Bash candy and also has a chance to contain fireworks, a Mini Holographic Risen Knight, and rarely a Dragon’s Jade Weapon Skin Ticket. Rich Dragon Coffers contain all the same items as the Dragon Coffers* *that drop commonly from Dragon Bash enemies, but have better chances at rare items.”

“have better chances at rare items” I don’t understand how some people that means that with 10-20 chests that they should get what they want. They even include that the normal ones drop from enemies, and yet you don’t try to get those first. It’s not like this is a 1 day or 1 weekend event, it is a month long.

Now it’s been a while since I took probability, so someone can check my math. Assuming a 0.5% drop rate for a ticket. The chance of getting exactly 1 ticket after 25 chests is 11.08%. If the drop rate was 1% the chance of getting exactly 1 after 25 chests is only 19.64%. For a 5% drop rate, after 25 chests the chances of getting exactly 1 ticket is 36.06%.

To be fair going much higher than that and I’d have to start adding in the chance to get 1 or 2 tickets (or more) but still I think my point is clear. Even with a 5% drop rate, which I doubt it’s that high, you are still very likely to not get anything.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Got the 5 rich coffers set and blam a ticket in one of them. Talk about being really lucky this time. It doesn’t seem as easy as I thought it would be with the rich coffers through. Would be nice if they went back to you can actually get them on TP like the halloween ones.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

From the patch notes:
“The Rich Dragon Coffer is now available in the Consumable category of the Gem Store for 100 gems each, or 5 for 400 gems and 25 for 2,000 gems. This special festival box always contains Dragon Bash candy and also has a chance to contain fireworks, a Mini Holographic Risen Knight, and rarely a Dragon’s Jade Weapon Skin Ticket. Rich Dragon Coffers contain all the same items as the Dragon Coffers* *that drop commonly from Dragon Bash enemies, but have better chances at rare items.”

“have better chances at rare items” I don’t understand how some people that means that with 10-20 chests that they should get what they want. They even include that the normal ones drop from enemies, and yet you don’t try to get those first. It’s not like this is a 1 day or 1 weekend event, it is a month long.

Now it’s been a while since I took probability, so someone can check my math. Assuming a 0.5% drop rate for a ticket. The chance of getting exactly 1 ticket after 25 chests is 11.08%. If the drop rate was 1% the chance of getting exactly 1 after 25 chests is only 19.64%. For a 5% drop rate, after 25 chests the chances of getting exactly 1 ticket is 36.06%.

To be fair going much higher than that and I’d have to start adding in the chance to get 1 or 2 tickets (or more) but still I think my point is clear. Even with a 5% drop rate, which I doubt it’s that high, you are still very likely to not get anything.

See, that’s why almost everybody forgets math after school. While this is a perfectly correct answer, it’s completely useless and doesn’t consider several factors, the real-life value of 2000 gems for example.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This is the 5th event they have added in the RNG box gamble, if they read the forums they know people hate it and the only conclusion is greed > care.

And yet you keep posting about it so you must think that what your saying has some important to Anet.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Camdon.2913

Camdon.2913

Opened around 70 normal coffers and 30 rich coffers and only found the standard candy and fireworks. I got scammed good

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

bought 150 RICH dragon coffers.

got 0 tickets.

kitten you, srsly, just kitten you.

And you’re the reason they will keep making RNG boxes. Thanks a bunch!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

with the rich coffer marketing, I would have thought the RNG would have cool downed a bit.. clearly I wasn’t thinking right and against my better judgement I went for it.. totally regret it, totally a scam.

75 rich coffers and no ticket.

edit: added the rich in there.

(edited by dronzer.8392)

in Dragon Bash

Phaedryn.3698

bought 150 RICH dragon coffers.

got 0 tickets.

kitten you, srsly, just kitten you.

And you’re the reason they will keep making RNG boxes. Thanks a bunch!

This is what I was thinking also…

If everyone simply refused to buy them, they would be…literally…forced to change the policy. Remember, gem store is the only source of income for GW2. Boycott it and watch what happens. Happily go on buying gems however is only going to reinforce the concept for ANet.

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

See, that’s why almost everybody forgets math after school. While this is a perfectly correct answer, it’s completely useless and doesn’t consider several factors, the real-life value of 2000 gems for example.

While I don’t think it’s good to forget math as it is very useful, that isn’t the point here. And I don’t really understand your point. The real life value of 2000 gems is either $20-something or X hours to gain enough gold to get those gems. Neither of those have much point on what I said. People are allowed to spend their real money or in game money how they want. While I was with the group who was laughing at Halloween, now I’m just confused that people still don’t understand what “random” means.

What is the “real-life value” of a lottery ticket? And why do people think that spending real or in game money should give them a 100% chance to get something, when that was never stated.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

This is the 5th event they have added in the RNG box gamble, if they read the forums they know people hate it and the only conclusion is greed > care.

And yet you keep posting about it so you must think that what your saying has some important to Anet.

I’m sure it doesn’t but thats not the point. Considering all these OMG threads bursting at the seams because some players don’t understand how bad this system is why not educate the masses with cold hard truth that many of us have experienced first hand?

(Referring to “you keep posting about it”)

(edited by KingClash.3186)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

You can farm the green coffers very easily, and they do have a chance to drop a skin. Not as high as rich coffers, but they still can. If you don’t want to gamble, don’t waste real money on the rich coffers…..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: archerT.1935

archerT.1935

This kind of crap makes me want to find a new hobby.

I think cosmetic stuff and convenience stuff such as the mining pick and sickle are perfect cash shop items. This RNG stuff is garbage, and I bet a large portion of the player base that is actually spending significant amounts of money on them are too young to buy lottery tickets at a gas station.

WTB paid expansion for 60 dollars with real, significant upgrades and content.

Armond Sinclaire – Human Guardian
Milloy – Human Thief
Blademaster Karo – Sylvari Warrior

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

If I make an MMO, the first thing I’m doing is putting these delicious money-sucking gachapons in it. HUZZAH!

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You know what you bought, end this thread

The problem is we didn’t, the post on the website was seemingly purposefully misleading and wasn’t open as to the drop rate of tickets in the Rich Coffers.

That’s a joke, right? You’re joking. Purposefully misleading? It said you can buy them and get this stuff, or you can not buy them and do stuf in the world and get the exact same stuff. They effectively said, specifically, that there was no benefit from buying them.

You decided what you wanted it to mean and bought them on your own without being forced. It’s your own fault if you spend money and gamble it away and no one elses.

Only spend gems on something that you know exactly what you’re getting, like minis and permanent harvesting implements and you never go wrong.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KeyVerin.6051

KeyVerin.6051

I’m not angry, I just feel like the time I spent getting that gold was all for nothing, I could have put that gold towards something more useful :/ I knew when I bought those coffers my chances were very low and I made a gamble, I will no longer buy rng boxes again, my mistake.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I was under the impression that if we bought a Rich Coffer, the chance would be higher, but you’d for sure get at least 1 Ticket. I opened up 30 chests total… a bunch of candy and crappy consumables. Seriously? I understand it’s a gamble, but if you bought the 25/2000 Rich Dragon Coffer, it seems only fair that you get 1 special ticket that allows you to get a weapon, that’s account bound on acquire. I’m not bashing (ha) ANet, every company needs to make it’s money. I honestly don’t even care for the weapon skins, it’d be nice to get one for once out of 2-3 events, but I guess not yet. The box of minis that was sent… no thank you. I appreciate the gesture, and I understand it’s something to say hey thanks for the support, but I couldn’t care less for minis. >.> I’m not even mad, I’m just sad I really wanted to support the event, and I feel like I just wasted my money from my gaming account that’s mean to support games I like…

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

I think cosmetic stuff and convenience stuff such as the mining pick and sickle are perfect cash shop items. This RNG stuff is garbage, and I bet a large portion of the player base that is actually spending significant amounts of money on them are too young to buy lottery tickets at a gas station.

So don’t buy them. No one is forcing you. I’ve been playing since the head start and I have yet to spend a single gem on one of these boxes.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

Sorry KeyVerin, I didn’t mean to seem like I was attacking you. It just seems for each holiday event “this type of thread” pops up. Yeah it does suck that people don’t get what they want. These random chests are pretty much just a gold sink and a way for them to make money. I mean don’t get me wrong I want some of those skins, but I’ll gamble with my loot drops not with my wallet.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I hate to tell you guys this but every business model of this type will have these boxes from here on end because people actually buy the things. If they had self control we wouldn’t ever see anyone using them in these games.

I play a total of 3 other mmo’s right now and ALL of them have various models and all of them have these boxes because the devs know they are moneymakers.

So long as someone spends real money for them somewhere they are here to stay and until people stop buying them they aren’t going to stop making them.

The only complaint i can see them doing something about is having weapon skins in them where there are not enough skins in the game already beyond what they launched and what is required for forced group play currencies. (not everyone is on or available all the time) so they’ll definitely have to add more permanent selections of gear for the rest of us eventually. other then the racials you have to be in a group or a guild for every other type of skin in the game (other than the karma ones they’ve had since launch).

They however will never take out the skins they sell in these boxes.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

I was under the impression that if we bought a Rich Coffer, the chance would be higher, but you’d for sure get at least 1 Ticket. I opened up 30 chests total… a bunch of candy and crappy consumables. Seriously? I understand it’s a gamble, but if you bought the 25/2000 Rich Dragon Coffer, it seems only fair that you get 1 special ticket that allows you to get a weapon, that’s account bound on acquire. I’m not bashing (ha) ANet, every company needs to make it’s money. I honestly don’t even care for the weapon skins, it’d be nice to get one for once out of 2-3 events, but I guess not yet. The box of minis that was sent… no thank you. I appreciate the gesture, and I understand it’s something to say hey thanks for the support, but I couldn’t care less for minis. >.> I’m not even mad, I’m just sad I really wanted to support the event, and I feel like I just wasted my money from my gaming account that’s mean to support games I like…

While I’m not against them just putting the skins in the store for sale. If they just did that then you could say that they are just trying to take your money from you. At least the way that it is now, allows people who play casually a chance at getting these skins, and those that want to spend money, can, and will have a higher chance at getting those skins. No where did they say that 25 chests would guarantee a weapon ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: archerT.1935

archerT.1935

So don’t buy them. No one is forcing you. I’ve been playing since the head start and I have yet to spend a single gem on one of these boxes.

I haven’t, and won’t spend any money on the boxes.

My issue is with the fact that so many of their events/“new content” is just using casino psychology to separate people from their money, with little emphasis on fresh, new, and entertaining content… for which I’d gladly open my wallet.

I’m just lamenting out loud that I’m in the minority of the market on that one. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.

/wheniwasyourageiwalkeduphilltoschoolinthesnowinbothdirections

Armond Sinclaire – Human Guardian
Milloy – Human Thief
Blademaster Karo – Sylvari Warrior

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’m sure it doesn’t but thats not the point. Considering all these OMG threads bursting at the seams because some players don’t understand how bad this system is why not educate the masses with cold hard truth that many of us have experienced first hand?

But ppl keep buying even though ppl say they hate it they are still using it.

I still say be happy with what you can do with out going after these high end skins try to enjoy things not for items that you can get but from the story and the enrichment of the new content and looks. Its like going to xmist and only doing it for the gifts that you will get.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

Eh I wouldn’t say that the “new content” is the skins. To me it’s an afterthought.

Currently I do feel that most of the new content is on the light side (though I missed F&F so I can’t comment on that). Most of it is just making the town look pretty (which it does) but besides a temporary jumping puzzle here or there the actual content never felt like much. But, one, this is free (meaning no subscription) so anything we get is a nice addition, I got my $60 worth a long time ago. And two, the game is still less than a year old, if gw1 shows any indication, these events are only going to grow next year. All of the pretty stuff is done, so that hopefully means that next year they can focus on more game content.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I’ve spent a couple of hours now, just running around in a low lv zone doing my dailies and killing mobs. Seems like the droprate for normal dragon coffers is about 10% and i’ve gotten 30 or so of them. Nothing so far, but with that high a droprate, I should be getting a lot of coffers during this event.
I just wonder if I should sell all my coffers now for ~10 silver each, since I’m sure the price on the TP will drop significantly in a few days.

Even if the droprate from normal coffers are low, this is much, much better than what we had in Southsun. Getting a ticket actually seems possible now. :p

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Are RNG. The drop rates are low for those tickets you want, even though they ARE higher than a normal coffer. Buying 25 and expecting 2-3 tickets is completely unreasonable in every possible way. Remember Fused weapons? I got 2 tickets out of 100 BLC.

Point Here: If you don’t want to gamble with your real money; dont. Go get normal ones and deal with the lower chest. A-NET didnt LIE to you, they havn’t DECEIVED you somehow. They informed you that there is a RARE item in them with a LOW chance of dropping that you happen to want, and that you can buy these items with gems. Don’t rage-face at the casino when you don’t hit the jackpot.

I will be buying some. I may or may not get a ticket. I WILL get some candy, and probably some fireworks. I DONT pay $15+ a month to play this game, so I’m fine with that.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

I haven’t, and won’t spend any money on the boxes.

My issue is with the fact that so many of their events/“new content” is just using casino psychology to separate people from their money, with little emphasis on fresh, new, and entertaining content… for which I’d gladly open my wallet.

I’m just lamenting out loud that I’m in the minority of the market on that one. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.

/wheniwasyourageiwalkeduphilltoschoolinthesnowinbothdirections

A fool and their money are soon parted.

If anyone is dumb enough to think they can “win” at a gamble, let them. It’s their money to lose. I 100% support the exploitation of idiots where this is concerned. I also don’t see that the minor thing they happen to gain, if they do get it, is really that much effort on ANet’s part compared to everything else they do in any given event.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

But ppl keep buying even though ppl say they hate it they are still using it.

I still say be happy with what you can do with out going after these high end skins try to enjoy things not for items that you can get but from the story and the enrichment of the new content and looks. Its like going to xmist and only doing it for the gifts that you will get.

“Alas it is a shame the populace knows not their power.” I do agree with you though it is a nice festival, its just that peoples incentive to be pathological gamblers has gotten me a bit worked up seeing as how so many are being punished by it while at the same time they are contributing toward its never ending resurgence.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kiki.8371

kiki.8371

i bought 1600 gem and got NONE skin this is bullkitten atleats one anet it 20$ I just spend >:(
you should give 1 to whoever bought gems COMEONE !! this festivalruin my day

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RiperFrog.3951

RiperFrog.3951

I’m not usually the kind of guy that complains about stuff. I have been enjoying Guild Wars 2 since launch and even when people started complaining about different things (RNG boxes), I told them to back off and just pay for it so we can get new content in the game.

However, I’ve had enough of this now. I spent around 50 gold, buying over 500 Dragon Coffers, and when I opened them I didn’t get a single claim ticket. Normally I would be fine with this, but after opening 100 black lion chests and not getting a fused weapon and opening 50 southsun supply crates and not getting a scelerite weapon, I feel like this whole “skins in RNG boxes” thing is just getting out of hand.

Anet, I love your game, and I will probably play it for the next five years, but on behalf of almost every Guild Wars 2 player, I’m begging you to just let us buy the skins in the gem store. It may not be the best way for you to make quick money, as it would be a guaranteed chance to get the skins, but it will keep your players happy. And in the long run, keeping players happy is what is going to get you the most money, becuase the community will stay strong and people won’t give up on the game

I’m not anywhere near giving up on the game myself, but please stop this RNG madness.

//Bingbull

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

It’s a gamble, guys.
When you play at lottery, you just buy one ticket and hope for luck, you don’t buy 100 tickets and then complain if you don’t win.
Simple and easy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

If people keep buying these rip-off, RNG lottery chests, they will just keep doing this. Don’t expect that this time will be any different than previous times. It isn’t. They want to rip-off people with poor impulse control and gambling additions. They are fleecing you and robbing you blind.

Don’t buy these chests!!!!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

they probably just rebranded the Dragon Coffer to the Rich Dragon Coffer to get us suckers to go for it…. it worked… again top notch marketing… lol

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

Cry more, all of you, GG

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

why would you guys buy rich coffers if you can just get the regular ones off of monsters?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

There is a gambling psychology thingy, I forget what it’s called:
If you gamble and get something 100% of the time, then one day you get it 0% of the time, you realize this asap and will never try it again. Like a soda machine – put in a dollar, get a soda. If you ever put a dollar in and don’t get a soda, how many more dollars will you keep trying before you never trust that machine again?
If you gamble and get something some of the time, then one day you get it none of the time, you will keep trying to get it, rationalizing that it is bound to happen soon. Like slot machines, how they pay out periodically to keep you just interested enough to keep putting money in.
And that is why people will always play the rng game – because it does sometimes pay out. It’s also why they will keep paying out even if there is a bug that causes skin tickets to never drop. $400 later and people will complain. compare that to if tickets dropped every other opening, it might take $10 for someone to stop opening them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

AGAIN, i will say something quite simple;

If players continue to buy them, Anet will continue to include RNG within their business model.

The only way to stop this is to stop buying them with gems or gold COMPLETELY. Total boycott. That is the only way.

Too many people cry about the RNG when they themselves admit to purchasing them in the hundreds.

As we have heard MULTIPLE times now, the forum heads are a minority and will not be listened to when sales figures means Anet can keep hiring more staff.

There is a silver lining to this however; The money they rake in from this should be making content updates larger and more comprehensive. Once all the niggles from each holiday event and the living story in general is ironed out, itll be interesting to see if anet start pushing the size of each update to keek ahead of other MMOs.
Look at RIFT. Going f2p and recently the most played game on RAPTR’s, the pure size of each update is absolutely astounding (whether its a crap game or not). Also, with wildstar, elder scrolls AND FINALLY archeage (IN THE WEST YES YES YES) round the corner – Guild wars 2 is going to have very clear competition again. Anet needs to start stepping their game up. And quickly.

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

Guys seriously, check almost any drop table from gw1, which has 5-7 years of complied drop rates (for example: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zaishen_Chest/Drop_rate). Most “good” things only had a 1% drop chance, sometimes less. Heck, on top of that to actually get those consumable chests usually involved a good deal of work for the player. Be happy that you can buy the chests if you want to. But stop complaining if you don’t get anything. If you felt like you wasted your money, you should have thought more about spending it on gems.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sleestak.2604

Sleestak.2604

I don’t mind because I treat them like I do gambling in real life, I set a certain amount and when it’s gone, it’s gone. I will support them because I like the game and have no problem spending $20.00. If I don’t get it, I don’t worry.

I’m in the same boat though, I’ve never gotten a ticket (fused or otherwise) just a mini pet.

-Slee

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

lol dude im alreyde have 2 tickets from 500+ Coffins im farm this bu my self =//