Battle for Lion's Arch Open Issues and Tips

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

“Six Minutes to Knightfall” is still bugged, in case the devs did not notice….

And only 1 week left. Great.

Posted by: Fischer.5690

Fischer.5690

jeah … really hate “hard” achivments that 1. u cant do alone 2. only stay for 2-3 weeks … AND 3. are bugged <<

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

So when are we getting assault knights scale fixed so it can actually be done in 6 minutes?

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

We are currently working on the difficulty of the Assault Knight fights; I realize that sometimes its hard to get a full overflow or that there are non peak hours where server populations will be lighter. Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

Posted by: OrcishFury.1058

OrcishFury.1058

“for a good server”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“for a good server”

Guestgate

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

We are currently working on the difficulty of the Assault Knight fights; I realize that sometimes its hard to get a full overflow or that there are non peak hours where server populations will be lighter. Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

I think you meant to say “full population server” instead of good server.

The developers and others at Arenanet need to get it out of their head that challenging and requiring huge numbers arent the same thing.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Wow. It’s like I’ve spent months lobbying for proper scaling to the number of players actually present.

Who could possibly have guessed that fun was more about having a chance at succeeding than at hitting an arbitrary minimum population at role call…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Thank you for the response and for considering reducing the amped-up difficulty, both are appreciated.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Wow, thanks for that. It only took 6 days for you guys to realise that. Better 6 days than 1 day before the event ends, right?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Easiest way to fix it is to fix that nonsensical toughness boost that the bosses have. Everybody has noticed the damage drop on them, you just need to give back the full damage with the attunement on. Though scaling based on people at the event (like every other event ingame) would help greatly as well.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

What about the fact that even when you do meet the success criteria for this achievement, it doesn’t get awarded?

Like many others who have reported, I was part of several TTS runs that succeeded in beating the 6 minute timeframe and did not receive the achievement. Is this fixed with the new patch? The notes don’t say so…

Posted by: Arkholeon.7163

Arkholeon.7163

gj for realize that after 1 week of living and raging post XD

Posted by: sniper general.3549

sniper general.3549

What do you mean “make it easier to get.” It’s bugged right now and impossible to get. Do you have any rough ETA on when its going to be fixed?

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If achievements are broken for almost the entirety of the Living Story duration, wouldn’t it be a good idea to just award them to all the players that missed them because of them being broken? It doesn’t really seem fair to give all players just a few days to get the achievement, just because the development team couldn’t get it to work on the deadline.

And while we are on that subject, can I just have the two Marionette dodge achievements that were clearly bugged to heck for the entire duration of the event, and which I should have gotten a thousand times over?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

You mean a server that has 150 people in Lion’s Arch (all in full Zerker gear with Vigil’s boon) completely focused on the Knights?

Right. Like that’s going to happen for anyone but TTS.

Posted by: Kiniu.7439

Kiniu.7439

In Tune achievement would be much easier if attunements would actually refresh when you stand in the circle (I think that’s how it supposed to be working). I don’t know if someone already mentioned it. Didn’t have time to read through this wall of text.

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/Six-Minutes-to-Knightfall-STILL-bugged-1/first#post3746114

Six minutes to Knightfall is still bugged. TTS has done it multiple times since the patch went live and still no achievement. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

A guildy reported that the achivement “One Step Closer…” didn’t work after killing the Holo. About all I know for sure is that he started the fight late. I can’t test it since I already have it so can anyone else confirm?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You mean a server that has 150 people in Lion’s Arch (all in full Zerker gear with Vigil’s boon) completely focused on the Knights?

Right. Like that’s going to happen for anyone but TTS.

I’ll have to admit, the lack of seriousness in other players is starting to grind on me. Here I went and bought new gear and “Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup” isn’t cheap. Yet, even though it’s expensive, I’m geared and ready to rumble. Then I look around and see people without food at all or magic find food. I can see missing the dodge as a skill issue but, not having food and gear is just not taking the event seriously. Making the whole LA experience infuriating!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the feedback, Autumn. I haven’t tried it yet as I’m still at work, but I think the 25% health drop (and the removal of the Menders) is a very good move.

Can I encourage you guys to look into the reports of the Knightfall achievement being bugged? I have not been able to get into a map that can successfully complete the requirements, although it’s hampered by a catch-22 situation where people believe it is bugged, and so I can’t convince them to even try for the 6 min mark.

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks for the feedback, Autumn. I haven’t tried it yet as I’m still at work, but I think the 25% health drop (and the removal of the Menders) is a very good move.

Can I encourage you guys to look into the reports of the Knightfall achievement being bugged? I have not been able to get into a map that can successfully complete the requirements, although it’s hampered by a catch-22 situation where people believe it is bugged, and so I can’t convince them to even try for the 6 min mark.

Thank you for your continued reports, I’d like to update that we are currently working on issues with:

• The ‘In Tune’ achievement
  • The map wide Health Display for the three Assault Knights
  • The ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ achievement
  • Assault Knight rewards

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/Battle-for-Lion-s-Arch-Open-Issues-and-Tips/page/5#post3732560

Zaxares.5419

Ah, thanks, Ayrilana. Must have missed that one. A bit disappointed that they couldn’t fix the achievement with this patch then, but the health reduction of the Knights is definitely a welcome step. Should mean that once the achievement is fixed, we can get it with a decently large and organised map.

Ayrilana.1396

Ah, thanks, Ayrilana. Must have missed that one. A bit disappointed that they couldn’t fix the achievement with this patch then, but the health reduction of the Knights is definitely a welcome step. Should mean that once the achievement is fixed, we can get it with a decently large and organised map.

No problem. I don’t know why it’s taking them this long to fix it.

Fenrina.2954

A guildy reported that the achivement “One Step Closer…” didn’t work after killing the Holo. About all I know for sure is that he started the fight late. I can’t test it since I already have it so can anyone else confirm?

Follow up on this. He did get the achievement on a second run. This time, he was there for the start.

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Wait, I’m sorry…But easier for a “Good” server to get the achievement?

What does that even imply? That people that aren’t on populated servers are just out of luck, and should guest to another server? Why even have these low population servers anymore in the first place if you’re going to essentially ignore them, and just have players guest to high population servers?

Sounds to me you’d be better off merging them instead. I mean, it sounds like you’re designing these events and achievements around large servers like Blackgate and guilds like TTS, and that’s really not going to fly for your playerbase that aren’t in either.

Fenrina.2954

I think there’s a glitch in your code. We can do a successful failure.

Attachments:

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

The issue with Knight changes and some servers not being full enough (not “good” enough) was something I and other players, voiced concerns over, right after the hotfix last week. More Here.

It’s also a shame to see achievements are still bugged… even for the “good” servers.

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

Methinks that when an official representative starts talking about “good servers” and alleges that features of the game have been specifically calibrated to exlude those people who dare to stay on an un-good server, then it’s high time to cut losses and respectfully uninstall. Could be just me, though.

tmakinen of [SoF]

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

Methinks that when an official representative starts talking about “good servers” and alleges that features of the game have been specifically calibrated to exlude those people who dare to stay on an un-good server, then it’s high time to cut losses and respectfully uninstall. Could be just me, though.

No, I get what you’re feeling, and I don’t think you should go anywhere. I think staff that speaks of customers that way should think about apologizing, rather than alienating them further.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

Time is running out. People have been granted the achievement due to a bug. It seems unfair for people like me that did the knights in the 6min window and did not get the achievement countless times. Just give everyone the achievement points to be fair to everyone. Fixing it from this point and on is kinda useless for me. Give it to all or remove it from Everyone.

Zaxares.5419

No, I get what you’re feeling, and I don’t think you should go anywhere. I think staff that speaks of customers that way should think about apologizing, rather than alienating them further.

Easy there, guys. I think what Autumn meant to say is a “skilful, well-organised map”. It wasn’t meant to be an attack on smaller servers. Poor word choices do happen.

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

Dear tmakinen i made a post about what youa re talking and what the results of making server wide events are the other week (guild creation, guesting to other servers etc) BUT anet deleted them both. looks like they dont want feedback, anyway. My point exactly with this kind of events anet is pushing people away. Small isntances for this events would be a much better idea

tmakinen.1048

Easy there, guys. I think what Autumn meant to say is a “skilful, well-organised map”. It wasn’t meant to be an attack on smaller servers. Poor word choices do happen.

I agree that it was probably a careless slip of tongue. However, the issue still remains that taken on face value, we have a company representative expressing concern and support for “good servers”, and thus directly (for that distinction to be possible) relative lack of concern and support for “bad servers” … in a situation where the root problem is that ANet decided to segregate the player base into artificial “servers” in the first place.

Even when examined from a purely dispassionate point of view, the implications are particularly unfortunate.

tmakinen of [SoF]

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Word choice is irrelevant and no one should waste their time taking offense.

The fact that there ARE “good” servers and “bad” servers is the real problem. The fact that content is both released and tuned to accomodate the “good” servers is the problem.

When a player from a “bad” server feels obligated to guest on another server in order to experience the new flashy awesome content, what incentive is it for them to stay on their server and consequently continue to keep it populated?

Why should a server with 10 players on each knight fail? 30 players is a pretty sizeable group. Why can’t 30 players be successful with Teq, Wurm Trio, or Knights? Will Mordremoth only be available on Blackgate?

Melodramatic? Yes, but you get the point.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

tmakinen.1048

The fact that there ARE “good” servers and “bad” servers is the real problem. The fact that content is both released and tuned to accomodate the “good” servers is the problem.

I completely agree.

When a player from a “bad” server feels obligated to guest on another server in order to experience the new flashy awesome content, what incentive is it for them to stay on their server and consequently continue to keep it populated?

Indeed, and this only exacerbates the issue by driving the wedge further between haves and have-nots. We are already seeing comments on these forums, made by players on a stacked server, to the effect that there must be something personally wrong with a player who cannot complete content on his own server, because, “look, I hop in the game and content gets done because of my sheer awesomeness.”

It is a very serious issue with the potential to poison the entire player population.

tmakinen of [SoF]

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

So..while we (anet) are here creating conflicts like which server is better and which is not because “we” definitely need nonstop DPS test events.. please tell me a good server where i can get this achievement. 25% reduced life for a regular server (not good not bad) means u kill it around min 6-7 instead of min 3 as we did previous to the nerf. So the nerf is an illusion u can do it considering timezones…the amount of ppl (3xtequetal) that have to be pro-active in that event and not others +++++ other things.

I am serious..give me a good server to guest to.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

I am serious..give me a good server to guest to.

Blackgate or Jade Quarry

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am from BG and we aren’t doing it. It’s close…but all colors are constantly missing around 8 ppl. We get messages during events if we can come and kill spiders and admirals. That’s how dumb this event is planned. We just can’t get ppl to listen and come help us for 10 min with knights even if we ask nicely… They keep on saying “well i don’t care” or “but i need this achievement” as if spider/whatever dissapears after knights.

Blue had constantly 8 ppl missing. If we had full 50 we might have done it really because it was close. Other colors took even longer then us. Seriously no…this achievement needs way more nerfs to compensate for human behavior.

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

I’m not even surprised at this point that 6 Mins to Knightfall is still bugged. I’m not even annoyed actually, I’ve gone past that point.

What I am annoyed at is the complete lack of mention of it since Friday. Yes, I know there’s been a weekend. But people were here yesterday, and it really wouldn’t have been difficult to just put a sentence in the patch notes saying something like “We are still currently working on the Six Minutes to Knightfall achievement”. Just something to let us know what was going on. Please don’t just leave us in the lurch waiting for TTS to beat the thing and report back on whether they got the achievement or not.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I think you meant to say “full population server” instead of good server.

The developers and others at Arenanet need to get it out of their head that challenging and requiring huge numbers arent the same thing.

We can say it again and again – the fact is this isn’t being addressed.

Scaling to the five to ten players who are in any event on ANY server after 2am (unless you are opposite in time and population, don’t get stuck on the time) is not a “scaled event”, it’s an event that absolutely is meant to fail.

We stayed for the whole “event” no more than seven of us and we dented the knights to about 85% and that was it for the time limit.

We were working our tails with an event that can’t allow just the few who do show up to be able to win.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s the drill itself. You get too close, you get pulled in. Get even closer, you die.
(the effect is a bit bigger than the wave visual would suggest)

Pretty neat detail. :o

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

“For a good server…” OMG, I can’t believe I just read that…

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

I got the “Six Minutes to Knightfall” Achievement just an hour ago and got bombarded with questions what I did and if I got down or something else.

I was at the green Knight, we burned it in less than 1 minute and after the other two knights were dead within the 6 minute limit, I got the achievement… though only another player got it with me, the rest of the 148 players are still missing the achievement. I don’t know why it’s so random.

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Because you killed individual knights within 6 minutes when the maps where stuck and the colored buffs did not spawn. You have a wrong counter in the database. Now you kill the third knight in 6 mins and it triggers for you because the game thinks you did all three in that time.

Why it doesn’t work for the general population? Because they probably already have stuff in the database already showing 3 kills in the 6 minutes because of the initial stucked maps (you remeber the buff not properly showing up) or something like > 3 kills in that time.

Yeah, it should be an easy fix for Anet. But they seem not to care…

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Of course they do care. The problem is, that they implemented something that wasn’t working (not tested properly perhaps?) and might not be able to fix it in time, due to the limited duration of these LS chapters.

That makes players angry. They want this achievement, and many players already met the requirements yet weren’t given the achievement. Even if they do fix it now, that leaves less than a week for players to get it. So either extend the time to get the achievement after fixing it, or remove it completely.

Lesson to be learned here: Don’t implement an achievement unless it is working.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

BlackyWarsX.5384

I don’t really understand what you say…
I didn’t kill individual knights… I tried the achievement since release of the patch and just got it after todays patch (and the successful event, of course).

I did the event twice today, one time we managed to kill all three knights within the time frame (read it as: “we didn’t make it in 6 minutes”), the other time we managed to kill all three knight within 6 minutes. I stayed at green. I didn’t go to blue or red and that was the try I got the achievement.

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I’m pretty sure the timer for this achievement starts when the knights spawn.

So to qualify for it you have to kill them in 1 minute (since the first 5 minutes after their spawn they just idle around).

Have you ever gotten the others in <1 minute?

It was pretty common before the 50 person limit (at least on my server) that the first knight wouldn’t scale to match the zerg and just melt in <1 minute.

My guess is the green one was the last <1 you needed for the achievement.

BlackyWarsX.5384

As far as I can remember, every time I tried some different Knight over the past week, it took around 3 to 6 minutes. Today was the first time all three knights were killed within the 6 minute timeframe.

I did red and blue only one time, but stayed with green most of the time.

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Blacky, let me try to explain more in detail:

You killed knights before, probably when zerging. Does not matter when. Sometimes you killed a knight before the 6 minutes were over. The game stores such progress in a database. Now, the events did not properly reset after release for some days, meaning the counter is still in the database and not reset.

Today you killed another knight in under 6 minutes,. The game checks your progress and notices a counter that indicates you also killed two other knights within six minutes. And therefore it grants you the achievement.

People were able to get the achievement before, by doing individual knights under 6 minutes and were awarded the achievement until it was patched (around the time when the loot from the knights was removed).

This of course does not work anymore. They fixed this. The progress is therefore is not permanently stored anymore when the event is over or you leave the map. But there are still some people who have stored the progress from before it was fixed in the database. And you are one one them.

Why doesn’t it work for others now? Becasue they probably have >= 3 killed knights under 6 minutes already stored in the database (because maps didn’t reset as mentioned earlied). And in simple terms a value of 3 in under six minutes means the achievement was already granted before and the granting of the achievement doesn’t trigger again, regardless if it was been awareded before or not.

In very simple terms Anet needs to change a check from “= 3 killed knights during 6 minutes in an event” to >=3 killed knightgs during a 6 minute in an event" and everyone can get the achievement. I over simplified this of couse.

Or a more smooth soloution would be to check for such wrong values on event completion and reset them. Such things cannot happen in a proper test driven development as it should be these days.

Sure, the reality might be a bit more complex. But the above is a desciption fits everything that was observed since release. So it’s should be pretty close.

Why does’n Anet fix this: They don’t care at all or looking in the wrong spots because the dev involved in currently on vacation/sick leave and no one knows where to look.

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)