Concerned about Captain's airship passes.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

No crafting stations at Vigil Keep is a quality of life downgrade for me and many other players. I would prefer not to clog my server’s borderland map with non-combatants, but this is what will happen.

or go to Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, The Grove, Rata Sum, or any of the small villages with crafting centers

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Convenience for one player was ‘waypoint into Lion’s Arch and step away for fifteen minutes while waiting for the zone to finish loading’ for another. If this helps balance the load between zones, especially now that all the essentials are in Vigil Keep / Gendarran, I can’t see it as entirely bad thing.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

(edited by Uruz Six.6594)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

this only helps selling passes…..

Doesn t help any player at all.

As already said if it was a minor niusance how do you explain the fact people are buying passes to get what they had for free?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

they provide you with a 1 time fee MMO and adding new stuff every 2 weeks

Such bad people, tsk tsk. Such an evil company that gives us an optional route to support them. I don’t know what this world is coming to with evil corporations handing out free stuff. You know what I will do tonight? I am going to and buy a pass to the ship. That $10 will surely foil their plans of handing out free stuff!

As I said before, LA was always a stupid place to craft in the first place. Furthermore I rarely saw people crafting there when I was in the area – people are just bandwaggoning one person’s bad perspective. A moderator should close this thread because it’s pathetic.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Why are people still saying “Why do you need this? Not sure why you need that?”

It’s completely irrelevant on what or how people use any of the services. So using that as a debate point is misconceiving and irrelevant.

Think outsite the box for a second and not in a closed “shell” Not everyone runs high powered gaming PCs, not everyone uses the same services for the same reasons.

The point is blatant. It’s the fact that an area was defined as a central point for all players to conveniently utilize any of the services that the game offers in one location without having to travel all around tyria. Everyone also had a central location to access every part of the game.

Now you’re forced to travel to different areas or pay for convenience. It should be noted that it was officially stated all essential services would be moved to the Vigil Keep. I would think Trait reset, Crafting, Laurel Merchants were all part of that line of essential services.

Also remember the point that with many players congregated in one area gave players with questions a valuable recource to quickly ask a question, now the player base is split amongst many areas. Not everyone uses wiki, so again, think outside your own preferences.

To make it even simpler, let’s use an analogy.

I make a cell phone and provide updates during the course of its lifetime. The cell phone is shipped with a home page that quickly allows you to get to ALL resources quickly and efficiently.

A year later I ship a new update to the phone that removes the home page with a few of the buttons, the rest are burried within the phone, but still accessible if you search the phone more thouroughly.

But you could pay me an additional fee to add an even better home page thats faster and provides the same services as when shipped.

Essentially, they took something away that was already given, regardless of how you want to look at it.

To say myself or others are just “complaining” or being irrational is not true. As I’m not asking for anything that wasn’t already provided.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I have a Royal Terrace pass. Barely use it because I forget to switch it between characters and don’t play the one that has it as much as I did previously.

Now, having had that “convenience” really hasn’t been a big deal. I still did most things in LA. Now I will do them at Vigil Keep. If I need to craft I will go to the Grove. To be perfectly honest, this is what I usually did anyways (much more than I used Royal pass), because all of the merchants, crafters and bank are in close proximity and its nice, wide open and quiet.

There seems to be a lot of QQ here over jumping through an Asura gate. Honestly, it seems like an improvement to quality of life. No more dropping to 20fps, having 100 simultaneous sound effects going off, your screen totally obscured by place holder or popping in models, NPCs repeating the same dialog over and over, network lag, or having to dig through a zerg to find a merchant. All for the trade off of a simple loading screen. People can pay $10 for the convenience of having one loading screen instead of two. You can quite literally zone into one of the other major cities and be on your way faster you could map into or anywhere within LA because of the overhead. Even though you have to walk through one additional gate, this is still a trade up.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

they provide you with a 1 time fee MMO and adding new stuff every 2 weeks

As I said before, LA was always a stupid place to craft in the first place. Furthermore I rarely saw people crafting there when I was in the area – people are just bandwaggoning one person’s bad perspective. A moderator should close this thread because it’s pathetic.

So beause you disagree with the majority of posts, it’s pathetic. Nice. YOU don’t feel the new situation is a step back but you could try accept that for many players it actually is. Some ppl (like me) don’t suffer long loading times in LA, actually DO use the mystic forge on daily basis (and no, I’m definitely not loosing money, I’m not a gambler. The MF has more uses than flushing gear) and love the fact that LA had crafting stations, trade post, bank and mystic forge all close to one and the same waypoint. Also there was a social aspect to LA being the central hub. The convenience is now only accessible through character specific gem store purchases (yes they’re account bound but continuously exchanging is a hassle) and the social aspect is just gone while it could’ve moved to Vigil Keep as well.

You can disagree all you want but don’t be blind to the fact that other people have other opinions and those opinions are at least just as valid as yours.

Antara.3189

If we want to talk semantics,

It was really usefull for me to have a couple windows open when I was re-specing one of my classes or crafting various pieces for an item that Had to be crafted in the Mystic Forge (if you were not aware, some items have to be crafted in the forge, and even required items that had to be crafted by a specific craft).

With everything in the same area I was able to go back and forth between the services to craft said item, and if I forgot a piece, or was missing an item, I was able to quicly go back and craft.

Now I have to exit all windows, leave the area, go to another area with the other services, travel back to the other area, and repeat.

Some players use crafting, mystic forge, BLTP, and other resoures a lot, and mix the latter at the same time, now this becomes a more complicated scenario.

Just because it doesn’t directly affect or bother you, please remember you’re not the only GW2 player.

Thank you.

Now I could just pay money or use a large amount of gold and purchase a conenience item to get the same game play I once had for free, but that wouldn’t solve the overall problem, only add to it.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

They released this pass which acts just like the Queen’s Jubilee pass, but this time they actually made it more desirable by making everyone’s life in game less convenient by removing our hub, and not relocating the assets to another city. This follows the Sprocket Pick which added value to mining. Troubling trend. Those of you who choose to be dismissive of our objections to the gem store’s shift from cosmetic to Value Added items have every right to, but it doesn’t make you right, or wise.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I don’t get all the hassle for something that will be over in maximum 2 weeks. Are you that bothered by a few more loading screens for that time? If you’re on a weak machine / have slow internet, LA was an awful choice in the first place anyway.
When they leave this permanent, which they won’t, then you can complain and accuse them of ‘forcing players into things’, but that’s just not the case.

All this talk of P2W and concerns for things that must obviously be shady business tactics, jesus. It may very well be an oversight, with the tight schedule on LS (ever noticed all the spots in LA you can clip through because apparently there wasn’t enough time to flesh out textures and collision checks?).

With exception of the MF everything is in every racial hub and for more convenience in the Mists without travel costs (including your precious MF), with less loading times than LA.

But since we’re complaining here, I’d like to know why on the Airship there is the NPC for activity participation whereas on the Terrace there isn’t one? I bought the Terrace Pass and I find it pretty unfair that I don’t get that NPC! I think I’ll angrily demand a refund or that they change it. /sarcasm

Personally, I found the airship pretty ugly when I tested it with the drop ticket. I don’t like the looks at all, I find it more convoluted than the Terrace and that’s nothing I fancy.

Posted by: Findan.2439

Findan.2439

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe this minor ‘inconvenience’ is part of how the Living Story world is evolving. Think about it, if your home town is destroyed, what do you do? Do you stand back and moan and curse and complain to everyone about the fact that your town is no longer around, and “oh how inconvenient it is now”? Or do you make the best of a bad situation, and make do with what is available until your home town can be rebuilt?

I don’t understand why people are complaining so bitterly about how the story is evolving. I for one always wanted events that would impact the world a lot more than some silly side dynamic event to save a village from horses that will still be there tomorrow. And I’m pretty sure a lot of people share this sentiment.

We don’t know what the next chapter of this story has in store for us. Maybe Lions Arch gets rebuilt? Maybe this ‘inconvenience’ everyone is complaining so much about is all part of the immersion. Instead of just kittening about how unfair it is that your crafting stations are not next to your Mystic Forge, how about immersing yourself in the story and being a part of its evolution. How about embracing these changes, and actually “rough” it for a couple weeks until we see what the next chapter brings?

People will find things to moan and complain about no matter what Anet does. Some people thrive on it. I for one am happy to see Anet being this daring and turning our ‘perfect little Tyria’ upside down for once. It keeps us on our toes, and for me personally, keeps things interesting. I look forward to seeing how the rest of this story plays out.

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

The point is blatant. It’s the fact that an area was defined as a central point for all players to conveniently utilize any of the services that the game offers in one location without having to travel all around tyria. Everyone also had a central location to access every part of the game.

Now you’re forced to travel to different areas or pay for convenience. It should be noted that it was officially stated all essential services would be moved to the Vigil Keep. I would think Trait reset, Crafting, Laurel Merchants were all part of that line of essential services.

Also remember the point that with many players congregated in one area gave players with questions a valuable recource to quickly ask a question, now the player base is split amongst many areas. Not everyone uses wiki, so again, think outside your own preferences.

LA was catastrophically attacked and destroyed; you expect all NPCs to move everything in a convenient manner to the new ideal location just like that? Whether ArenaNet had shady intentions or not, I believe the current state of the NPCs to be pretty expected from a lore-standpoint (well, the NPCs are a bit too-managed imo if anything, but whatever).

The Captain’s Airship, not being destroyed or affected by the LA attack, is probably in the same condition it’s been in, and is only now allowing players to enter to use its services. It being the “Captain’s” Airship and it being a really convenient area designed likely only for said Captain, it makes sense for it to be a VIP area, not a “everyone enter for free anytime” zone, hence why you need to have a paid ticket to get in. Consider it an act of kindness that you’re allowed in for free if you’re lucky to get a free ticket drop :p

General point being, from a lore-standpoint, I think things are fine.

I also hardly consider trait resets and Laruel merchants essential, but that’s mainly based on my own experience (I use one or the other maybe once every two weeks or so; in other words, it’s rare).

(edited by Espionage.3685)

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I don’t get all the hassle for something that will be over in maximum 2 weeks. Are you that bothered by a few more loading screens for that time? If you’re on a weak machine / have slow internet, LA was an awful choice in the first place anyway.
When they leave this permanent, which they won’t, then you can complain and accuse them of ‘forcing players into things’, but that’s just not the case.

So they sell 2 week passes for 150 gems and permanent passes for 1000 gems and in 2 weeks they put everything back in1 zone? I hardly think so to be honest.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

No person is ever going to LIKE having things taken from them. Whether it is convenience, functionality, nerfing a skill, or an item’s stats… no person is ever going to say, “Oh! That’s AWESOME!” when it happens. The response may not always be spiteful hate, but it’s never going to be adoration.

Now sometimes it’s necessary. Sometimes it’s easier to nerf one stat or skill than to buff everything else. You’re going to have people complain about it, but it’s for the good of the game, so you do it anyway.

I’m not entirely convinced the reason for this is a good one. Yes, I know the call from elements of the community were to make capitol cities more appealing to draw people to them… but I feel the call was to ADD things to said cities rather than REMOVE functionality from other places to do it.

Now with that said… I’m also not entirely certain this change necessitates the “OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!” response… but you’re always going to have that whenever you make a change.

tl;dr version; I don’t like it, I think Arena.net made a bad decision… but I don’t think it’s THIS huge of a deal either.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

If this is all that you people are kittening about, then this really is a good patch. We just lost ONE of many capitols. Aside from the mystic toilet, you can easily go to some of the other cities. These other cities often have vastly superior loading times and have crafting stations, the banks and trading post far closer to each other.

I have the feeling that a lot of you are just complaining for the sake to complain.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Some ppl (like me) don’t suffer long loading times in LA,

Never said I did. Not sure how that’s relevant anyway.

actually DO use the mystic forge on daily basis

Granted. However, do you spend your entire day running between crafting stations and it? It’s slightly less convenient now – but honestly, exactly how lazy are we talking here?

crafting stations

Choose any racial city.

trade post

Choose any racial city.

bank

Choose any racial city.

all close to one and the same waypoint

Comparatively – they are miles apart when you compare them to the better laid out racial cities. If I were to have a problem it is that the old LA was atrociously laid out and completely useless – good riddance.

The convenience is now only accessible through character specific gem store purchases

It has always been there, only better, in other cities.

You can disagree all you want but don’t be blind to the fact that other people have other opinions and those opinions are at least just as valid as yours.

Opinions are subject to be disproved. I attempted to use LA as a crafting hub in the past, I was appalled at how much I had to run around in order to use it. Some people (where the “opinions” likely come from in this thread) have likely never done serious crafting in other cities and therefore are not in a place where they can contemplate the calmer opinions on this thread. What we are saying is that you should try it before you cut the entire patch into threads. Because the old LA was unbelievably USELESS.

I’ll conceded on the social aspect, I did AFK many times in LA to have a chat.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Antara.3189

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe this minor ‘inconvenience’ is part of how the Living Story world is evolving. Think about it, if your home town is destroyed, what do you do? Do you stand back and moan and curse and complain to everyone about the fact that your town is no longer around, and “oh how inconvenient it is now”? Or do you make the best of a bad situation, and make do with what is available until your home town can be rebuilt?

I don’t understand why people are complaining so bitterly about how the story is evolving. I for one always wanted events that would impact the world a lot more than some silly side dynamic event to save a village from horses that will still be there tomorrow. And I’m pretty sure a lot of people share this sentiment.

We don’t know what the next chapter of this story has in store for us. Maybe Lions Arch gets rebuilt? Maybe this ‘inconvenience’ everyone is complaining so much about is all part of the immersion. Instead of just kittening about how unfair it is that your crafting stations are not next to your Mystic Forge, how about immersing yourself in the story and being a part of its evolution. How about embracing these changes, and actually “rough” it for a couple weeks until we see what the next chapter brings?

People will find things to moan and complain about no matter what Anet does. Some people thrive on it. I for one am happy to see Anet being this daring and turning our ‘perfect little Tyria’ upside down for once. It keeps us on our toes, and for me personally, keeps things interesting. I look forward to seeing how the rest of this story plays out.

This goes completely against the whole “Play how you want to play” philosophy that was oh so often preached.

Again, as a customer who not only purchased the deluxe addition, but who has also willingly purchased gems for other services that can not be obained unless by RNG, I feel I have a right to critisize the move to “inconvience” or force me to “rough it”.

A big difference with a game and my real life choices is, I can actually step in and help my town. Here I can only “play along” and hope it makes a difference.

Just to be clear, I supported and still support the move to destroy LA on terms of evolving world, but it was clear that Story and all essential services would not be hindered. Part of this is true.

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

I have the feeling that a lot of you are just complaining for the sake to complain.

They should complain about the Scarlet attacking LA to begin with… since that’s the whole reason things are the way they are.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe this minor ‘inconvenience’ is part of how the Living Story world is evolving. Think about it, if your home town is destroyed, what do you do?

Besides trying to put my life in order? I put lot of effort into making sure, that people responsible for destroying my home city realize how displeased with them i am. I’m certainly not going to pat them on the back and congratulate on a job well done.
Because, you know, if they did it once, they might do that again. So it’s better to make sure now that they abandon any such ideas for the future.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe this minor ‘inconvenience’ is part of how the Living Story world is evolving.

Except that the convenience is still there, just behind a paywall. There could be a claim of it being the world evolving, or part of the story, if they had just completely removed them. But they didn’t, they put it behind a paywall instead.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Its proximity to the mystic forge made it the best crafting stations. What are you smoking?

On another note. I got a golden ticket to another NCsoft game. Arena.net will probably need to work hard to convince me not to abandon gw2 all together after this weekend.

All they’ve been doing so far is convincing me that buy to play is not in the best interest of players. Do not enjoy being ‘nickle and dimed’ to enjoy the game that has sub par content. Save for a couple of saving graces.

I might have missed something but why would you even need the Mystic Forge when you are crafting? And how is this somehow essential?

It is rather funny that you are still shouting about abandoning GW2.
Why not just get it over with? You have been “threatening” with that for a rather long time now, and yet here you still are, update after update complaining about how bad it is and how you will leave the game.

I can see you’ve never crafted an ascended item or legendary. People with your attitude only make this game worse.

Rangersix.1754

Also, if any of you care about “quality of life”, why the hell did you stick around LA in the first place?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

We have not removed the central hub. All services have been moved to Vigil’s Keep, due to the attack on Lion’s Arch. You can find everything there.

Apart from the fact that not all services previously found in Lions Arch can be found in Vigil’s Keep, some of them seem to have been moved to the special VIP area instead.

I am sorry Mark, but you need to check your facts before making such a statement.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I can see you’ve never crafted an ascended item or legendary. People with your attitude only make this game worse.

I have crafted Ascended items, and as far as I am aware you do not need to use the Mystic Forge in order to complete those. So how is it relevant?

I also find it extremely unlikely that you keep crafting Legendaries everyday and thus need to run between the Crafting Station and Mystic Forge.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Antara.3189

LA was catastrophically attacked and destroyed; you expect all NPCs to move everything in a convenient manner to the new ideal location just like that? Whether ArenaNet had shady intentions or not, I believe the current state of the NPCs to be pretty expected from a lore-standpoint (well, the NPCs are a bit too-managed imo if anything, but whatever).

The Captain’s Airship, not being destroyed or affected by the LA attack, is probably in the same condition it’s been in, and is only now allowing players to enter to use its services. It being the “Captain’s” Airship and it being a really convenient area designed likely only for said Captain, it makes sense for it to be a VIP area, not a “everyone enter for free anytime” zone, hence why you need to have a paid ticket to get in. Consider it an act of kindness that you’re allowed in for free if you’re lucky to get a free ticket drop :p

General point being, from a lore-standpoint, I think things are fine.

I also hardly consider trait resets and Laruel merchants essential, but that’s mainly based on my own experience (I use one or the other maybe once every two weeks or so; in other words, it’s rare).

On a lore perspective, how did a floating ship magically appear with all essential services? Where has this ship been in the past?
This isn’t a lore issue, this is a game services issue.

Rangersix.1754

Apart from the fact that not all services previously found in Lions Arch can be found in Vigil’s Keep, some of them seem to have been moved to the special VIP area instead.

I am sorry Mark, but you need to check your facts before making such a statement.

Yet I don’t see you complaining about the fact that the airship has no Asura gates?

Antara.3189

I have crafted Ascended items, and as far as I am aware you do not need to use the Mystic Forge in order to complete those. So how is it relevant?

I also find it extremely unlikely that you keep crafting Legendaries everyday and thus need to run between the Crafting Station and Mystic Forge.

Wrong,

If I want to infuse a ring for fractals, I have to use the MF, crafting a legendary? MF. Certain back items? MF. I’m sure I can find a complete list of items that require MF to craft if you really want to get down to it, and a lot of them require items that have to be crafted from a specific craft profession.

Posted by: timartinho.8043

timartinho.8043

I see drama here. A lot of drama.
Guys, you got another vendors, crafting, laurels at other citys.

Stylus Targaryen - 80 Asura Guardian[main]
Stylus Sunstrider - 80 Charr Warrior[alt]
Bombista - 80 Human Engineer[alt]

Antara.3189

If any of you drive a car to work, stores, families, etc, maybe try putting your point to paper? Try walking, riding a bike, but not any form of motorized transportation. Since this is merely a convience factor.

Unless you live in walking distance of everything, then most of use conviences items every day. I know I don’t personally start fires and cook food on every day. Don’t bathe in creeks. Don’t make my own clothes.

Life is centered around making things smarter and more convienent. Not taking them away and reverting back to the basics. It’s all semantics.

Taking away that factor for the sake of lore? Not everyone cares for the lore or LS, or plays for that reason, so why do they have to be affected? Again play how you want to play comes to mind.

This move doesn’t bring me closer to immersion in the game, but actually drives me away from it. Another fact that removes something I came acustom to in GW series.
If you like walking and traveling to everything, that’s fantastic and I’m glad you enjoy it.

Can’t speak for everyone but I don’t complain just to complain, and I give credit where credits due.

Of course people who disagree don’t care about my opinion and don’t care what I do or how I feel, but as a paying customer to ArenaNet, I feel they should care, or at least take into consideration on how others feel.

Which is why we have a forum to begin with.

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

everyone needs to goto their hometown, do not pay for the pass, unless of course you are rich.

I find it sooooo funny they left out the crafting stations and Laurel vendor, but the BLTC, Bank, Guild Bank etc seemed to figure out how to move all peoples stuff to VK.

BUT LA HAS BEEN DESTROYED! so of course things are going to be crazy

Sincerly, Me.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Is the pass character bound only? I have characters with 2 jobs maxed on each so to buy a pass i can only use on 1 character is not an option for me.
Also someone said there’s no asura gates on the ship pass what other things have been omitted?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I wonder where did u take your augur’s stones

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Azure Prower.8701

Adding onto what Antara said.

Guess who’s next to the Mystic Forge?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Augur%27s_Stone

Rangersix.1754

Wrong,

If I want to infuse a ring for fractals, I have to use the MF, crafting a legendary? MF. Certain back items? MF. I’m sure I can find a complete list of items that require MF to craft if you really want to get down to it, and a lot of them require items that have to be crafted from a specific craft profession.

You need the MF once in a blue moon. If you stuck in LA for access to the mystic forge you sacrificed easier access to virtually ever other service for it.

I’ve been basically using DR since the start of the game as my main hub and have been enjoying faster loading times, less traveltime between crafting stations, the bank & TP. If I decided to participate in Fractals, I simply entered through the Asura gate since you get automatically teleported inside fractals if another partymember was already in.

I have made ascended gear, weapons, backpacks, etc… . I’ve used the forge to craft all of these in maybe 10 trips in the past year and a half. If you really need to use the MF to justify your complaining, you’re really desperate.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Just curious…. But why don’t you just make those portable crafting stations available via guilds? I mean kitten, my Server (Garnished Toast) already has guilds supplying the area by the mystic forge with every crafting station.

You can ALSO buy crafting stations off of Evon for 5g a pop.

If you want the convenience of not having to run, and not paying for the pass, it’s there.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah my mistake. You need one item, you get a point for that.
But other than that?

You are fully able to just buy a bunch of those items when you are there, and then you never need to go over there in order to fix it.
The Forges themselves are never used in the crafting of them however.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I see drama here. A lot of drama.
Guys, you got another vendors, crafting, laurels at other citys.

I see a lot of people who apparently don’t care at all but feel strangely compelled to tell those who do care that they’re wrong, often at great length.

That never makes sense to me. If people don’t care or think it’s OK then why is it so important for them to “fix” the perceptions of other people?

Antara.3189

Wrong,

You need the MF once in a blue moon. If you stuck in LA for access to the mystic forge you sacrificed easier access to virtually ever other service for it.

I’ve been basically using DR since the start of the game as my main hub and have been enjoying faster loading times, less traveltime between crafting stations, the bank & TP. If I decide to participate in Fractals, I simply enter through the Asura gate since you get automatically teleported inside fractals if another partymember was already in.

I have made ascended gear, weapons, backpacks, etc… . I’ve used the forge to craft all of these in maybe 10 trips in the past year and a half. If you really need to use the MF to justify your complaining, you’re really desperate.

No I’m just discussing semantics as that’s all the other side seems to justify, which isn’t the real point at all.

Just because you only use it “once in a blue moon” doesn’t mean others don’t.

Let’s say a player wants to craft a legendary. Said player needs a precurser and doesn’t want to buy it off the TP but instead enjoys using the mystic forge.

Said player also has a profound portion of mats and thus crafts all weapons before taking them to the MF to get a chance at said precurser. Now said player gets to “enjoy” traveling from point a to point b.

Might not be the way you would do it, but who’s to say said player shouldn’t do it that way? Said player used to be able to do it all in one place but now said player cannot. Maybe said player also doesn’t care about story but is still now affected by this change.

Semantics won’t win this argument since this quality of life was abbrubtly changed to either “pay to play” or enjoy constant map changes.

Don’t think it’s too much to ask to have crafting stations, laurel merchants, and the trait NPC at the vigil keep.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Rangersix.1754

No I’m just discussing semantics as that’s all the other side seems to justify, which isn’t the real point at all.

You have not, and can not, provide any evidence for requiring heavy MF usage. You are making an elephant out of a mouse.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Yet I don’t see you complaining about the fact that the airship has no Asura gates?

Well done, you just typed the dumbest thing I have read today.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You have not, and can not, provide any evidence for requiring heavy MF usage. You are making an elephant out of a mouse.

To flip that around you have not, and can not, provide any evidence for him not requiring heavy MF usage.

His unwillingness (or inability) to prove that to you itself proves nothing. Ultimately he has nothing he needs to prove to you or anyone else.

Antara.3189

Read my post to see yes, I can justify heavy MF usage.

mrstealth.6701

What ‘evidence’ do you want?

I use the thing pretty much any day I’m actively doing world boss events. Usually several times on such a day. LA is my stop between those events to unload inventory, condense crafted mats to refined varients, and put rare drops into the MF.

Posted by: Firewalker.2583

Firewalker.2583

Just can’t see the point of this. You have all the other cities. Come on.

And second yesterday I was crossing the Vigil Keep and everything that was in LA is there. I won’t buy the pass, and I dont see the need for it.

Plus, even if you buy the pass to have access to a more practical central point of the game, so what? Arena net does not charge you with 15$ every month in order for you to play the game, nor does it give you half the game free and makes you pay to have the other half.
They give you a full game for the usual retail price and content updates every 2 weeks. They need to get money somewhere and they do it selling stuff that’s not even required for the players to have a good game experience. The pass is a comodity, you really don’t NEED it.

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

And second yesterday I was crossing the Vigil Keep and everything that was in LA is there. I won’t buy the pass, and I dont see the need for it.

Plus, even if you buy the pass to have access to a more practical central point of the game, so what? Arena net does not charge you with 15$ every month in order for you to play the game, nor does it give you half the game free and makes you pay to have the other half.
They give you a full game for the usual retail price and content updates every 2 weeks. They need to get money somewhere and they do it selling stuff that’s not even required for the players to have a good game experience. The pass is a commodity, you really don’t NEED it.

so much this, that was what I was trying to say earlier, thanks for putting it in better words

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Rangersix.1754

If you don’t see the Asura Gates as a service, you’re only fooling yourself.

I use the thing pretty much any day I’m actively doing world boss events. Usually several times on such a day. LA is my stop between those events to unload inventory, condense crafted mats to refined varients, and put rare drops into the MF.

And how many times does that happen? 2-3 times a day? You’re losing out on time for everything else you do far more often. Accessing the bank and TP more often. The MF is used rarely, even in your case compared to everything else you need to do.

I am honestly laughing at the fact that people are using the Mystic Toilet to lose their kitten.

Azure Prower.8701

They give you a full game for the usual retail price and content updates every 2 weeks. They need to get money somewhere and they do it selling stuff that’s not even required for the players to have a good game experience. The pass is a comodity, you really don’t NEED it.

You don’t need a lot of things.

You don’t even need to enjoy the game. Because fun costs extra.

Antara.3189

If you don’t see the Asura Gates as a service, you’re only fooling yourself.

And how many times does that happen? 2-3 times a day? You’re losing out on time for everything else you do far more often. Accessing the bank and TP more often. The MF is used rarely, even in your case compared to everything else you need to do.

I am honestly laughing at the fact that people are using the Mystic Toilet to lose their kitten.

I am laughing that you refuse to look at the issue from outside your point of view. I see your point of view, and I see it clearly.

But I also see others issue where they are inadvertently effected by this, and thus lose their QoL that they became used to.

You are not the oversight that determines how others should use or how often they use any of the services in the game. The player themself determines that. So yes it has and will continue to effect players due to this change, that seemingly appears to be geared toward having players purchase the new QoL services.

Good Day.

mrstealth.6701

The crafting stations are not there. The profession trainer/reset NPCs are not there. The laurel vendor is not there.

This could all be a non-issue if these services were somewhere in Vigil Keep or the adjacent camp. Leave the pass-only airship as a slightly more convenient option, but don’t remove the services entirely.

This is the same as if they had removed the crafting from Divinity’s Reach when the Royal Terrace was added. Would the same people think that was just as acceptable?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

You don’t need a lot of things.

You don’t even need to enjoy the game. Because fun costs extra.

This made me chuckle.

“1000 gem RNG chance at happiness

BUT ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME!"

I’m so frustrated with this game, and mostly because of the gem store BS. I miss the old ANet. They were SO much better before they sold out to NCSoft.