Concerned about Captain's airship passes.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

Oh my god people, it’s not the big of a deal. Just go to another city for the 2 weeks if you want to craft.

As far as I understand, the Vigil keep is only meant to be a temporary hub, so it’s not like this is a permanent change. Every other city has crafting stations, as well as WvWvW. Many other zones also have convenient crafting, such as Ebonhawk, Queensdale, and Cealdon forest. It’s not like LA was well know for having convenient crafting stations. The Grove and Rata Sum were always superior places to craft.

Why do people always try to find the smallest and most irrelevant thing to complain about?

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This is pretty dodgy, I have to say. Everyone was under the impression that ALL central hub services would be relocated for free. Paywalling it has really not impressed me.

I hope everyone who is similarly not impressed is not complaining about it while buying a ticket. Vote with your wallets, people. If it sells, ethics will be kittened.

Well said. I didn’t buy the Sprocket Pick, I will NOT buy this. The pass doesn’t bother me, but by removing our central hub as they released this, they made everyone’s QOL worse in order to sell something meant to improve quality of life…. Shame.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

The crafting stations did not get moved to Vigil’s Keep.

So can we go into LA and do “dangercrafting”?

This is the first thing I will attempt when I get home tonight at play the patch for the first time.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Here’s the deal: they could have included crafting stations at Vigil Keep. They either forgot to or chose not to. And I can see why that bugs people.

On the other hand, with the exception of crafting, you can do everything at V Keep; with the exception of forging, you can do everything in the racial cities. Without exception, you can do everything in WvW (although that can be inconvenient depending on the queue and the availability of waypoints). And I can see why those facts make a lot of folks think this is a non-issue.

What I think is that ANet should try harder to avoid these sorts of situations: here’s a brand-new, shiny release with a lot of interesting and (for me) fun content. And instead of of playing it, people are grumbling on the forums about the potential inequity.

Far better for the game if Vigil Keep had exactly the same services as LA did and if the Airship Pass offered something that LA didn’t have (e.g. services being closer together, same as Royal Terrace).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is the second most replied-to and read topic in this forum — the first has had 4 days to gather steam. Obviously it’s an issue that people are concerned about.

Will Anet responds at all? Or will they to treat this the same way they treated the sprocket controversy — complete silence?

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Sorry everybody, I was wrong earlier.

The crafting stations did not get moved to Vigil’s Keep. However, you can travel directly from Vigil’s Keep to one of the other cities of Tyria at no cost the cost of time spent in loading screen via asura gate travel, all of which have crafting stations.

i corrected this a little. it’s quite obvious where this comes from. it’s the same old marketing tactics again and again. everyone who cares can see it but milking those who don’t seems to be enough.
however, every company wants to grab as much money as they can since the people who decide how things go are those who have no knowledge about or interest in the game but a rather large portfolio which pays the employee’s wage so they have no choice but smoothing things down when such decisions as taking away comfortable features sneakily to raise the willingness of buying the convenience back are made. of course those tickets aren’t new but do you really think nobody had this in mind when the decision to release those were made? if you want to boil a frog without him noticing you have to start at low temperature.
on the other hand this is pretty much standard for any profit-oriented company with the only exception of npos (which exclude themselves by name) and maybe some local craftsmen, so why the rage? do you expect anet to not use everything to maximize their profit while competing with other companies who do?
yes, you’re going to be scammed by someone directly or indirectly no matter what you buy or do or don’t. let’s be a little more indifferent about this.

Posted by: Findan.2439

Findan.2439

The only thing I’d like to know is.. why is the Permanent Airship Pass only ‘fine’ quality, whereas the Royal Terrace pass was rare? From a practical point of view, it kinda makes it harder to distinguish between the single use / 2 week airship pass and the permanent one. From a (more important to me) cosmetic point of view – if I’m going to spend 1k gems on a pass I’d at least like it to be a shiny gold colour in my inventory!! :-p

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If they didn’t put those airship passes with all the stations and forge, i could have called it an accident. But they did put those.
They did remove a convenience and they did put it under a paywall. That much is certain.
And i don’t like it a bit.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

The ignorance in this thread is astonishing.

The issue isn’t that vendors are still located elsewhere in the game, the issue is the obvious point that valuable resources were purposely not placed in the Vigil, thus forcing players to either inconvienently travel, or the cash shop method.

Originally, the idea with the royalty area in Divinitys was a pure cosmetic feature that allowed quieter, quicker access to all essential NPCs. This isn’t the case now however, since the free main hub which offered everything has been removed and key parts of the essential services have become split.

It’s like giving the middle finger to players who can’t afford/ don’t wish to pay for gems. They used to have a central hub offered since release, but are now behind players who “pay to win”.

I don’t mind buying gems for things, but when they remove core features such as convienence to gear players into putting money into the game, then it shows the intentions and its rather disheartening. If you cannot see that, then I’m sorry.

All that’s needed is the laurel merchant and crafting stations, and I wouldn’t had brought this issue up.

And no, WvW laurel merchants are NOT the same. I also agree that using WvW maps to craft and buy/sell on the TP can prevent others from being able to actually play WvW, which is why those maps are there to begin with.

And yes, starter towns provide some of the NPCS/services, but still doesn’t add up to what the central hub offered, plain and simple.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

This thread seems stuck in a loop around semantics.

The issue is not that crafting stations etc were removed. Of course they’re available elsewhere.

What has been removed is convenience.
No longer is everything in one place, we have to accept additional 3-minute loading screens to travel between cities. No longer are there waypoints close to every important service, there’s only one in the middle and it demands coins.
Driving the point home is the fact that today is a “Daily Laurel Vendor” and “Daily Mystic Forge” day. It’s just a waste of the player’s time.

Is that acceptable? Considering the old promises of “having fun instead of preparing to have fun”, I’d say it goes against the core principles of the game. I like the vigil camp as a storytelling device, but at no point does the story dictate the removal of important services from the hub area.

Now the airship ticket is a convenience item. Which is what the BLTC is about, and the Terrace Pass was an acceptable addition.

What many players seem to take take offence at is the combination of removing convenience and selling it back for gems. Some people seem to be fine with it. To others, it feels like extortion.

If we could focus the discussion around that, instead of pointing out locations of crafting stations or reminding that the same item was already offered under entirely different circumstances, I think this thread would be more productive. Is it ok to remove convenience from the game? Is selling back the removed convenience for gems covered by the BLTC’s premise of covering convenience and style only?

Then again, what matters to ANet isn’t whether some people complain or not, but how many of the tickets they sell. If you don’t like the policy, don’t buy the item.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

This thread seems stuck in a loop around semantics.

The issue is not that crafting stations etc were removed. Of course they’re available elsewhere.

What has been removed is convenience.
No longer is everything in one place, we have to accept additional 3-minute loading screens to travel between cities. No longer are there waypoints close to every important service, there’s only one in the middle and it demands coins.
Driving the point home is the fact that today is a “Daily Laurel Vendor” and “Daily Mystic Forge” day. It’s just a waste of the player’s time.

Is that acceptable? Considering the old promises of “having fun instead of preparing to have fun”, I’d say it goes against the core principles of the game. I like the vigil camp as a storytelling device, but at no point does the story dictate the removal of important services from the hub area.

Now the airship ticket is a convenience item. Which is what the BLTC is about, and the Terrace Pass was an acceptable addition.

What many players seem to take take offence at is the combination of removing convenience and selling it back for gems. Some people seem to be fine with it. To others, it feels like extortion.

If we could focus the discussion around that, instead of pointing out locations of crafting stations or reminding that the same item was already offered under entirely different circumstances, I think this thread would be more productive. Is it ok to remove convenience from the game? Is selling back the removed convenience for gems covered by the BLTC’s premise of covering convenience and style only?

Then again, what matters to ANet isn’t whether some people complain or not, but how many of the tickets they sell. If you don’t like the policy, don’t buy the item.

Thank you. Finally someone understands.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The crafting stations did not get moved to Vigil’s Keep. However, you can travel directly from Vigil’s Keep to one of the other cities of Tyria at no cost via asura gate travel, all of which have crafting stations.

Or use captain’s ship…
So, you removed convenience in order to promote gem shop sales. Way to go Anet. I am truly amazed at the path you have decided to take.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

There it is, simply and eloquently stated.

Arguments which ignore or attempt to obfuscate this key point are tangential and ultimately irrelevant.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

you people are ridiculous… OH NO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH A 30 SECOND LOADING SCREEN!!!

its a free asuran portal and how much crafting are you doing on a constant basis that it really affects you that much?

I am still trying for my precursor and this really doesn’t hamper me in any way. there is no paywall except the ones in your minds, stop looking for things to be wrong and enjoy the game.

jesus I swear some people on here

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

-facepalms-

Oh no… The terrible inconvenience of having to use the Azura gates…
The game is so broken now… It’s P2W…
The horror…

/end sarcasm

Any little excuse to be raging mad at anything, I swear…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

The timing is a bit suspicious.

I’ve only had a few problems with BLTC items (flame light armor and infinite continue coin), but this seems to be a bit shady.

The rest of the update is pretty awesome and I don’t want this acting as a black mark…

If they could either add a Mystic Forge to main cities (which would be awesome) OR add crafting stations to the Vigil Keep, they would save a lot of face. They could still keep that item up as well.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Sorry, but “change happens, deal with it,” is not a valid reason to put crafting tables behind a paywall.

Oh, wow, look, they moved the crafting stations in Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak, Queensdale, Wayfarer’s Foothills, Rata Sum, Metrica Province, The Grove, Caledon Forest, Black Citadel, and Plains of Ashford . . . not to mention the ones in the WvW Citadel.

All of them are now gone behind a paywall . . . oh, wait, no. I’m wrong They’re still where they always were.

Nobody has said that you cannot craft at all now. This is a straw man created by those who wish to defend Anet’s decision. I appreciate your need to protect the developers, but the question is not, “Why can’t we craft anywhere now?”

The question is, “Why can’t I craft in the Lion’s Arch area without paying for it?” The answer to that is not, “You can just go somewhere else.”

Additionally, your sarcasm is noted. Unfortunately, it destroyed whatever point you might have had with an argument nobody is making.

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

The crafting stations did not get moved to Vigil’s Keep. However, you can travel directly from Vigil’s Keep to one of the other cities of Tyria at no cost via asura gate travel, all of which have crafting stations.

Well, you said it. TRAVEL
In LA, I didn’t have to travel anywhere. I’ve got everything I needed.
Now, there is no Trait Retrainer, no Lorel Merchant, no Crafting Stations..

And then, in addition, there is this airship pass, where you can get all that stuff you dont have anymore.
So you are really serious about that?!

It’s not about that I cant effort it, but why I should I pay for something I got for free before?!

People are lazy, noone wanne travel to different locations just to get the things they got on one spot before.

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

It’s either an accidental oversight or a cynical manipulation. Either way it’s irreversible now and it’s going to alienate people. Pretty dumb move.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

At a time when new game releases are close at hand, Anet should be bending over to keep players in-game, and not pulling boneheaded stuff like this …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

LA was always the one of the worst places to bank/TP/craft anyway (coming as close second to Hoelbraak) – the loading screens are likely shorter than the running distances between stuff in the old LA an exaggeration.

If you want to do that type of stuff DR or BC is where it’s at (yes, yes, they lack Mystic Forges, but you are doing something wrong if you are running between the forge and whatnot continually).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

<random mob close to the waypoint removed from the game>

OH MY GAWD ARENANET YOU FOREC ME TO ACTUALLY MOVE MY kitten
P2W

Geez people. Maybe they didn’t do the right thing, but they removed the crafting stations from one freaking place out of how many? Seven? You act as if the apocalypse started.

Rata Sum has the stations very close to the bank and Trading Post. Stop crying and go there.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Point is easy

Yesterday we had a city with crafting AND TP AND mystic toilet and myiany.

Today we have it removed and placed in gemstore.

People is buying the permanent pass…..

And yes its blatant P2W (in the updated definition of it you can find from many sources like VG press etc)….its not much different if they removed every single WP….

You can still reach any destination walking…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly irrational people can be when you change things.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Seriously guys…there’s an asura gate to Rata Sum in the Vigil Keep….that place already has everything pretty close together. In fact, I always do my crafting there instead of LA anyway. It’s like everyone forgot about the major racial cities.

The only downside of this change is that they didn’t make the Vigil Keep an instance so Gendarren is constantly in overflow and it’s a bit laggy. Still…there’s Rata Sum for crafting.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Where is the problem? just go to another city to craft. there are some that are better set up for it than LA was anyways. getting players into the other cities is a good thing.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This whole issue would be instantly solved if we had crafting stations in the Hall of Monuments. Just double click that portal stone, and you’re there. And you can instantly pop back to where you were as well.

Why hasn’t that been implemented yet?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Seriously people, why are you even angry about this? You can do everything available in that airship (and the terrace in DR) in EVERY RACE CAPITAL. Always.
The only thing I don’t get is why people would even spend money on this service…and if they do, for the convenience of not having to walk at all, well, they obviously have enough gold or money to spare.

Please enlighten me and point me to the nearest mystic forge in any of the capitals. LA’s convenience was that it was the only place where crafting stations, mystic forge, trade post and bank were all close to another. Now you either gotta pay for that convenience (and quite a hefty price if you have 8 or more characters) or -on crowded servers- queue for EB, or suffer a lot of loading screens when trading/crafting/forging alot. I can totally see why this is hardly acceptable for many players to be honest. It’s an awful decision to hide these services behind a gem store exclusive item.

The nearest Mystic foge ist just a … uhm … P click (?) away Or press the PvP button, whatever strikes your fancy. You can access that one from literally everywhere, and exit right where you entered.
Also, TP, Bank and trading stuff is much more conveniently placed in Rata Sum in my opinion.

Polka will never die

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It’s not the point that you can craft in every major city in the game. It’s the idea that Anet knows and imo abuses the peoples laziness to let them aqcuire a pass that will allow them to do this in the so called optional airship.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

They’re releasing quality content for a game that costs no monthly to play. Personally I think it’s ok they make some money, they deserve it. I’d rather they make money so they can keep releasing quality content, rather than go the ways of SOE games where people pay for expansion packs and still don’t get quality content.

There has been $53.75 worth of gemstore merchandise put out in the last 7 days, not including the passes. Charging for new things they have made is fine, but removing an existing convenience and placing it behind a paywall is just a shady business decision.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Medazolam.3058

They’re releasing quality content for a game that costs no monthly to play. Personally I think it’s ok they make some money, they deserve it. I’d rather they make money so they can keep releasing quality content, rather than go the ways of SOE games where people pay for expansion packs and still don’t get quality content.

There has been $53.75 worth of gemstore merchandise put out in the last 7 days, not including the passes. Charging for new things they have made is fine, but removing an existing convenience and placing it behind a paywall is just a shady business decision.

what is stopping you from going to another city? serious question. what existing convenience did they remove that wasn’t already more convenient in other locations?

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I guess I’ll weigh in on this….

Lion’s Arch was great because it was a central area where you could literally do anything you want, and do it for free due to no waypoint costs.

Anet said that they would be moving the services available in Lion’s Arch to the Vigil Keep. Sounds great I thought. Now we find out that there’s some services conveniently left out, and coincidentally there’s a special pass you can buy that will give you access to these services. Seems awfully fishy.

Last night I used a crafting station 4 separate times and went to the mystic forge in the VK 4 separate times. Wow was that ever frustrating constantly having to zone in everywhere. But, it was also “expensive” considering the waypoint costs went from free to approx. 2s per WP.

I think they screwed up here. ALL services should have moved to the Keep. Either do that or put a Mystic Forge in all the cities. Either one. Just don’t try to pull a fast one on us. It isn’t working.

On an unrelated note Gendarren Fields is going to be a nightmare now with the people trying to go to the Keep, getting booted from the LA instance, lining up to start the LA instance, and those who just want to explore the map. Constant overflows.

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

People do realize there are other cities in the game that have crafting stations and laurel vendors right?

This. I use Divinity’s Reach primarily, and have no real issue with the way crafting is spread out. Sure, I’d love for it to be all conveniently placed right next to each other, but I manage fine without it. The Airship is really nice though. No idea how LA was (only really passed through it for quests and exploration).

Learn some patience with walking is all I can suggest.

Edit: Just read the above situation a bit more. Since I haven’t really used LA, I have no idea how conveniently things were placed before, but services moved over to the keep can be seen as good or bad I guess depending on how you look at it.

Note I haven’t been to the keep yet, or even know if there is a forge there, but my understanding of this disapproval is because the services now offered in the keep aren’t set in a convenient way like they were in LA. This could be looked at at two different ways:

- ArenaNet wants people to buy the pass

- Due to cosmetic-reasons, the LA chaos, and the rush of having to move services, NPCs in the keep had to make due with what they had, and quickly set-up shop in a non-convenient way.

I prefer to believe the latter for lore.

(edited by Espionage.3685)

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

you people are ridiculous… OH NO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH A 30 SECOND LOADING SCREEN!!!

Depending on the computer, the time of day/population in the city and the speed of the network connection, that can be up to 5 minutes per map change.

I wish everyone including me had a 16-core machine with a RAID of several SSDs, connected via fibre optics directly to ANets servers, but that’s not the reality.

its a free asuran portal and how much crafting are you doing on a constant basis that it really affects you that much?

Several ascended materials are time-gated; you can only craft one per day. So if you don’t visit the crafting stations every day, you miss out.
Asura gate to the city, waypoint to the crafting stations, crafting, waypoint to the gate, through the gate to vigil’s keep. Even on fast computers, that’s a few minutes of detour, every day. It adds up.

If you don’t craft often and it doesn’t inconvenience you, good for you. But don’t belittle other peoples disappointment in the change.

This whole issue would be instantly solved if we had crafting stations in the Hall of Monuments. Just double click that portal stone, and you’re there. And you can instantly pop back to where you were as well.

Why hasn’t that been implemented yet?

Because they want us to pay gems for it.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

what is stopping you from going to another city? serious question. what existing convenience did they remove that wasn’t already more convenient in other locations?

The key being “other locations”. They very well know that people do not like to travel places to do these things. Why do you think these passes are created in the first place?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wow, so many people up in arms. You know, it could have just been an oversight. Do keep in mind the numerous things the did need to move. It was bound to happen that something got overlooked. Maybe they will be nice a hot patch them in., maybe not. It’s not the end of the world either way.

Honestly, they could have simply destroyed the city and not moved anything out. Sure, we could save the NPCs, but they had to leave all their wares behind, for example. In a surprise attack and evacuation, that is actually more realistic, but no. They moved the forge, and the gates, and the dungeon merchants will all their wares, etc etc.

Sheesh, kittening over the simplest of things.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

If i want to do fractals and need to retrait for that i have to go to another city to do that as there are no trainers in the vigil keep.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well to be fair they never actually claimed that EVERYTHING would move to Vigil Keep.
They said essential things, which would mean things unique to Lion’s Arch, and all those things are fully available at the Vigil Keep for no charge whatsoever.

And lets be honest: How many of you actually used Lion’s Arch for crafting in the first place? It was after all one of the worst areas for it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well to be fair they never actually claimed that EVERYTHING would move to Vigil Keep.
They said essential things, which would mean things unique to Lion’s Arch, and all those things are fully available at the Vigil Keep for no charge whatsoever.

And lets be honest: How many of you actually used Lion’s Arch for crafting in the first place? It was after all one of the worst areas for it.

Good point, they did say ‘essential’ services. Crafting and someone else mentioned retraiting, aren’t really ‘essential’ since they can be done in so many places. The gate hub and the dungeon merchants on the other hand, were an LA only thing. I didn’t think about that fact.

And me, me I did. I used LA to craft… and DR….and BC….and Ebonhawk…and even Claypool. I think I may even have done some in Rata Sum once. chuckle

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Seriously people, why are you even angry about this? You can do everything available in that airship (and the terrace in DR) in EVERY RACE CAPITAL. Always.
The only thing I don’t get is why people would even spend money on this service…and if they do, for the convenience of not having to walk at all, well, they obviously have enough gold or money to spare.

The problem is they refuse to bless normal cities with a Mystic Forge.
I’m sick of having to constantly change zones all the time to use that one single thing.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Its proximity to the mystic forge made it the best crafting stations. What are you smoking?

On another note. I got a golden ticket to another NCsoft game. Arena.net will probably need to work hard to convince me not to abandon gw2 all together after this weekend.

All they’ve been doing so far is convincing me that buy to play is not in the best interest of players. Do not enjoy being ‘nickle and dimed’ to enjoy the game that has sub par content. Save for a couple of saving graces.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Medazolam.3058

If i want to do fractals and need to retrait for that i have to go to another city to do that as there are no trainers in the vigil keep.

Ok that is a valid point, I was only thinking of crafting and banking and such. you got a good point there

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I have 3 crafts at 500 and 5 others at 400.
I do a lot of crafting.refining, and since launch the only place I have ever crafted was in LA.

I would never craft in any of the racial cities because I cannot stand being in most of them. Hoelbrak is the only one I can tolerate, so I harvest my home instance nodes there.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly irrational people can be when you change things.

Yes, it’s extremely surprising that people protest, when you change things for the worse.

serious question. what existing convenience did they remove that wasn’t already more convenient in other locations.

The convenience of having all services in the same zone.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Its proximity to the mystic forge made it the best crafting stations. What are you smoking?

On another note. I got a golden ticket to another NCsoft game. Arena.net will probably need to work hard to convince me not to abandon gw2 all together after this weekend.

All they’ve been doing so far is convincing me that buy to play is not in the best interest of players. Do not enjoy being ‘nickle and dimed’ to enjoy the game that has sub par content. Save for a couple of saving graces.

I might have missed something but why would you even need the Mystic Forge when you are crafting? And how is this somehow essential?

It is rather funny that you are still shouting about abandoning GW2.
Why not just get it over with? You have been “threatening” with that for a rather long time now, and yet here you still are, update after update complaining about how bad it is and how you will leave the game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

its sad that people cant just WP to one of the other cities to do their crafting and keep complaining that they are extorting us with those airship passes. just WP to another city for Pete’s sake, it cots like 3 silver at level 80 or use one of the free asura gates or something.

calling anet extortionists when they provide you with a 1 time fee MMO and adding new stuff every 2 weeks is just sad people.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

They removed the convenience of being able to do this from a central hub. A central hub that had all of these services with a relatively small area without having to WP between them. Crafting, bank, trade post, mystic forge, and trait resets.

And, on average, from where ever you happen to be on the map, it’s just more convenient to map back to a central location than one on the fringe of the map. You could always map to the nearest city, but that means a changing layout to adjust to in each region. Having that central location that is still relatively close to everything else is a convenience itself.

It’s also worth mentioning that us humans tend to be creatures of habit. And for many of us, one of those habits was using LA as our ‘one stop shop’ throughout the day’s gameplay. Stopping off in LA to empty inventory between dungeons and world events, refining our material drops, resupplying out stock of food, or throwing are unwanted rares into the forge. And now that habit is broken, for no reason other than Anet wanting to charge for something that was free yesterday.

Having Vigil Keep as the new hub would still take adjusting to a new area, but it is at least in almost the same location on the world map.

And as I saw mentioned earlier, in another thread I believe…a central hub is better for the game community and social aspects. Encouraging players to spread out just separates us from each other, and removing a hub that has all services creates the need to leave a conversation in order to access those services.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yes, it’s extremely surprising that people protest, when you change things for the worse.

serious question. what existing convenience did they remove that wasn’t already more convenient in other locations.

The convenience of having all services in the same zone.

I suppose if you were of the persuasion that the Mystic Forge is a wonderful thing that all smart people like yourself should use on a very regular basis then you would find the change to be for the worse.

Of course, if you were of the persuasion that gambling is a giant waste of time and money because the house always wins and people who use the Mystic Forge on a very regular basis have an incredible lack of knowledge about basic math then you would find the change has no impact on you at all, since Rata Sum is a vastly superior place to park all but one alt (that one alt being your MF guy, who you use to do your very rare MF recipes, not any kind of pointless daily lottery).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

No crafting stations at Vigil Keep is a quality of life downgrade for me and many other players. I would prefer not to clog my server’s borderland map with non-combatants, but this is what will happen.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

What do you expect…the main central city is under attack. They moved all of the things that only existed in LA to Vigil Keep….crafting is available elsewhere.