Evon Gnashblade - Hero of Lion's Arch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Nah, that was Captain Shudd, not Evon. She’s the one in charge of the Asura gates.

As much as I enjoy watching Evon squirm during all of this (seriously, Evon, you’re the RICHEST merchant in all of Tyria, and you’re selling me almost the exact same stuff that I can get at any other merchant in Tyria?), I won’t apportion blame to him that he isn’t responsible for.

That said… Come on, Evon. You KNEW that LA was going to be attacked. Yet you didn’t seem to have taken any other additional precautions about it. You didn’t hire any additional guards for your caravans (I had to save your dolyaks for you), didn’t have an evacuation plan for your employees (you abandoned them to die in the burning ruins of the BLTC building), and you didn’t bother stockpiling medical supplies and other goods that would be in high demand during an emergency (and you call yourself a merchant…)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1yehf3/what_the_hell_evon/

This made me somewhat less sympathetic towards Evon.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Evon is a selfish coward, and in this patch he has proved it. When the Lionguard conscript him to act as a quartermaster in this emergency, he threatens to “pull up stakes” and leave. He’d rather abandon everyone than help. The only reason he stays is the threat of execution. It takes a -death threat- to get that son of a grawl to do his civic duty.

#TeamKiel

You forget, Kiel did leave. The NPCs say she and Magnus get their own camp in the south. She’s a true leader, abandoning all of her citizens to the Vigil Keep while she get’s a nice little vacation spot? All Gnashblade did was make an empty threat and is now supporting the Lion Guard in retaking Lion’s Arch.

#TeamEvon

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Nah, that was Captain Shudd, not Evon. She’s the one in charge of the Asura gates.

As much as I enjoy watching Evon squirm during all of this (seriously, Evon, you’re the RICHEST merchant in all of Tyria, and you’re selling me almost the exact same stuff that I can get at any other merchant in Tyria?), I won’t apportion blame to him that he isn’t responsible for.

That said… Come on, Evon. You KNEW that LA was going to be attacked. Yet you didn’t seem to have taken any other additional precautions about it. You didn’t hire any additional guards for your caravans (I had to save your dolyaks for you), didn’t have an evacuation plan for your employees (you abandoned them to die in the burning ruins of the BLTC building), and you didn’t bother stockpiling medical supplies and other goods that would be in high demand during an emergency (and you call yourself a merchant…)

Sometimes, even great heroes like Evon need to make a choice of the lesser of two evils. Either save his wares in order for us to have equipment to fight the bad guys, or leave the equipment behind, thus leaving us with less to fight with.

Because there are many asura gates for people to use, Evon made the correct choice. And shutting it down prevented the people from running into the Dolyak convoy as they rushed through, thus preventing more injuries. Players must have equipment in order to fight back. Without it, we’d have no chance. As expected of a great leader like Evon to always be one step ahead of the enemy. I wouldn’t have been strong enough to make that same decision myself.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I want to see that in game myself, but at present, that does look pretty bad for Evon.

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

Pretty sure Kiel wasn’t voted into power, considering WP and many other GWs 2 community sites supported Gnashblade exclusively.

I also overheard a conversation where Kiel is trying to run Gnashblade’s business to the ground by forcing him to give up weapons and supplies for free, all Kiel’s idea. I don’t see the Consortium helping LA out, seems we know who Kiel favours.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Pretty sure Kiel wasn’t voted into power, considering WP and many other GWs 2 community sites supported Gnashblade exclusively.

I also overheard a conversation where Kiel is trying to run Gnashblade’s business to the ground by forcing him to give up weapons and supplies for free, all Kiel’s idea. I don’t see the Consortium helping LA out, seems we know who Kiel favours.

Considering he slammed the gate in the face of ONE OF THE CAPTAINS OF THE COUNCIL, I have a feeling if she didn’t make that arrangement, the Lionsguard would have killed him due to a charge of mutiny for attempting to help kill one of the captains. She may have saved his life.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Smooth Penguin.5294

Considering he slammed the gate in the face of ONE OF THE CAPTAINS OF THE COUNCIL, I have a feeling if she didn’t make that arrangement, the Lionsguard would have killed him due to a charge of mutiny for attempting to help kill one of the captains. She may have saved his life.

A great hero like Evon doesn’t need assistance from an evil doer like Kiel. I mean, she can barely take care of the citizens who voted her in.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Did you stay around to see the entire conversation? Evon, the great philanthropist that he is, came to an “arrangement” to do Hobo-tron’s upgrades for free.

You can always count on Evon.

Basically, he comes to the conclusion that if he kits out Heal-o-Tron and sends him in to save Lion’s Arch, he (Evon) will gain favour with the Captain’s Council. And nothing stops him giving Heal-o-Tron shoddy equipment that will fail and let him die, as long as Evon looks like he tried…

Yep, I rewatched the conversation again last night. Weird how I don’t remember the last bit involving the Captain’s Council. Maybe I got distracted or maybe the conversation bugged out at some point.

Anyway, yes, it seems that Evon IS going to outfit Heal-o-Tron with the upgrades he wanted. But of course, he’s not doing it out of altruistic motives. As Laurelinde points out, IF HoT succeeds in his mission and kills Scarlet/saves citizens, then Evon will look like a hero. If he fails, no skin off his own back.

Because there are many asura gates for people to use, Evon made the correct choice. And shutting it down prevented the people from running into the Dolyak convoy as they rushed through, thus preventing more injuries. Players must have equipment in order to fight back. Without it, we’d have no chance. As expected of a great leader like Evon to always be one step ahead of the enemy. I wouldn’t have been strong enough to make that same decision myself.

I see, I see. I think next time I’ll save Evon some legwork and just “procure” my equipment directly from the dolyaks instead of making them run to the Gates first, through fire and miasma and angry, ANGRY Aetherblades.

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

A great hero like Evon doesn’t need assistance from an evil doer like Kiel. I mean, she can barely take care of the citizens who voted her in.

Actually the Captain’s Council elected her, not the citizens. They merely supported her to get the trade agreement, which did have a effect on the Council’s decision. Also Evon’s no hero, a hero wouldn’t prioritize their merchandise over lives. A hero wouldn’t have to be drafted into the lionguard. A hero wouldn’t be sulking like a sniveling coward. A true hero would be rallying the people, securing medical and other equipment, offering their assistance to the Lionguard to retake Lion’s Arch or the Vigil to repay their kindness. A hero wouldn’t make other business owners worry that they will be put out of business due to the situation.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i still prefer Kiel over him ~

how can you not love her with a face like this:

Attachments:

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Smooth Penguin.5294

Actually the Captain’s Council elected her, not the citizens. They merely supported her to get the trade agreement, which did have a effect on the Council’s decision. Also Evon’s no hero, a hero wouldn’t prioritize their merchandise over lives. A hero wouldn’t have to be drafted into the lionguard. A hero wouldn’t be sulking like a sniveling coward. A true hero would be rallying the people, securing medical and other equipment, offering their assistance to the Lionguard to retake Lion’s Arch or the Vigil to repay their kindness. A hero wouldn’t make other business owners worry that they will be put out of business due to the situation.

The citizens voted her in, thus elected her to the Council. That also means that every person who voted for her, also is responsible for Lion’s Arch being the way it is now.

But fear not my friends, Evon Gnashblade survived the attack, and will save the day. As we would expect from a great leader such as he.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

The citizens voted her in, thus elected her to the Council. That also means that every person who voted for her, also is responsible for Lion’s Arch being the way it is now.

But fear not my friends, Evon Gnashblade survived the attack, and will save the day. As we would expect from a great leader such as he.

“I’m Evon Gnashblade, and I approve this message because I’m still recouping the expenses of paying off Smooth Penguin into being my personal Baghdad Bob.”

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

“And I’m Scarlet Briar, and I approve all of these messages as long as it keeps you fools yelling at each other while I burn your ‘precious’ city to the ground! HAHAHAHAHA!”

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Darkbattlemage.9612

You Evon supporters could of stopped me when I was going “Eenie Meenie, Miny, Moe” on the baskets. I know at least two had Evon’s portrait over their heads when I was standing at the middle. Although I highly doubt my two votes would of done anything except very slightly lessen the defeat.

“And I’m Scarlet Briar, and I approve all of these messages as long as it keeps you fools yelling at each other while I burn your ‘precious’ city to the ground! HAHAHAHAHA!”

“I’m General Trahearne, this won’t end well.”

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

You Evon supporters could of stopped me when I was going “Eenie Meenie, Miny, Moe” on the baskets. I know at least two had Evon’s portrait over their heads when I was standing at the middle. Although I highly doubt my two votes would of done anything except very slightly lessen the defeat.

“I’m General Trahearne, this won’t end well.”

Go home ,Trahearne! You’re not needed here. This is our story! ;_;

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Smooth Penguin.5294

“By Ogden’s Hammer! What savings… thanks to Evon’s very reasonable prices on the Gem Store!”

He even gave everyone a free Mini-Set 2 pack. Such a generous charr that Evon is. Even the most anti-charr human would agree.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I always liked Evon, he’s practical and down to Earth… Tyria.

As for the voting, BL keys vs WP? That wasn’t even a competition.
In the last 2 weeks I’ve open about 5 chests and nothing really good came out, certainly not worth the gems.
Now I get it the gem store can’t be “Pay2Win” but kitten , some transmutation crystals (higher drop rate) would be nice for example.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Darkbattlemage.9612

“By Ogden’s Hammer! What savings… thanks to Evon’s very reasonable prices on the Gem Store!”

He even gave everyone a free Mini-Set 2 pack. Such a generous charr that Evon is. Even the most anti-charr human would agree.

“By the Bones of Zhaitan, what desperation.”

Also the most anti-charr humans wouldn’t agree, they would rather die than acknowledge something about a Charr. Now you could maybe get away with saying the Arcane Council praised him slightly.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m very anti Charr, but Evon is okay in my book.
Of course that’s hardly a recommendation, but “Go Evon!”.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

i still prefer Kiel over him ~

how can you not love her with a face like this:

Burn her, burn the witch!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Cowardly or not, I fully support Evon as of now. Heck, in game (or in life), you conscript me and take my stuff, I’ll be the worst traitorous psychopathic nihilist you’ve ever seen… (assuming I have the resources of course).

o.o;

Good thing Evon’s not crazy/suicidal then.

I’m reserving judgement until more info comes out. If it comes out. As of present though, that is pretty bad if indeed Evon’s directly responsible for cutting off an escape route for fellow citizens.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Cowardly or not, I fully support Evon as of now. Heck, in game (or in life), you conscript me and take my stuff, I’ll be the worst traitorous psychopathic nihilist you’ve ever seen… (assuming I have the resources of course).

Anet = please, Please, PLEASE, if/when Evon becomes the next LS bad guy, give some players (like me) the option to join his side. I’ll… buy… gems…

I would love nothing more than to have the option to fight the Lionguard, simply because of their inept leader. Once we rid ourselves of her, Lion’s Arch can finally rebuild.

We need a Revolution button!

RyuDragnier.9476

Anet = please, Please, PLEASE, if/when Evon becomes the next LS bad guy, give some players (like me) the option to join his side. I’ll… buy… gems…

I would love nothing more than to have the option to fight the Lionguard, simply because of their inept leader. Once we rid ourselves of her, Lion’s Arch can finally rebuild.

We need a Revolution button!

How about I just kill Evon and replace him as leader of the BLTC, and then just slash prices on everything?

[hS]

Posted by: ZameR.4613

ZameR.4613

Evon is evil. He blocked the evacuation portal in LA with his dolyaks, and after he went through it, he closed the portal from the other side, forcing poor civilians to evacuate through different ones! Also when talking in the Vigil keep, you don’t need to listen too long to know that he is selfish liar who wishes Kiel death and does everything for money, not caring about the others (lying that now because of the Lionguard people are dying in LA, while he himself closed the evacuation portal).

Screen from wiki: http://gyazo.com/737c15e09c98fc4a9190a64547900b25.png

I hope Evon will choke up with furball.

(edited by ZameR.4613)

Smooth Penguin.5294

How about I just kill Evon and replace him as leader of the BLTC, and then just slash prices on everything?

Even thought I wouldn’t mind cheaper prices, that would be bad for the economy as a whole. A great charr like Evon always considers the big picture, not the individual needs of a few.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Evon is evil. He blocked the evacuation portal in LA with his dolyaks, and after he went through it, he closed the portal from the other side, forcing poor civilians to evacuate through different ones! Also when talking in the Vigil keep, you don’t need to listen too long to know that he is selfish liar who wishes Kiel death and does everything for money, not caring about the others (lying that now because of the Lionguard people are dying in LA, while he himself closed the evacuation portal).

Screen from wiki: http://gyazo.com/737c15e09c98fc4a9190a64547900b25.png

I hope Evon will choke up with furball.

I do wonder how Smooth Penguin will defend this. Although he’ll probably just blame it on Kiel.

I’m still not sure if SP is really a fanatic Gnashblade supporter, or if he’s just trolling us. It’s probably the latter.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I voted for Evon
he doesn’t take crap and doesn’t risk it either :P

He would have made sure La was prepared for this assault

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

And shutting it down prevented the people from running into the Dolyak convoy as they rushed through, thus preventing more injuries. Players must have equipment in order to fight back. Without it, we’d have no chance. As expected of a great leader like Evon to always be one step ahead of the enemy. I wouldn’t have been strong enough to make that same decision myself.

Yeah, Evon took care of his wares but left his employees in the TP to die, I’ve personally saved his sales staff many many times since the invasion started, they are all cowering in the corners of the TP defenseless he didn’t even leave them a weapon to fight with..

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

#EllenKielSavedLionsArch #EllenKielRules #EllenKiel4Lyfe #EllenKielkickskittybooty

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I do wonder how Smooth Penguin will defend this. Although he’ll probably just blame it on Kiel.

I’m still not sure if SP is really a fanatic Gnashblade supporter, or if he’s just trolling us. It’s probably the latter.

Shud asked to shut down the gate, the gate was shut down. Citizens got out using a different gate. What’s the problem?

And! At least Evon was there during the chaos doing something to benefit everyone. That merchandise on those dolyaks (which was quite unfairly confiscated, I might add) ended up saving a lot of people. Didn’t see Kiel anywhere.

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I would voted for Evon because he promised the Abbadon fractal

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So, to sum: no matter what incredibly selfish move Evon makes, it’s invariably the correct move. Whatever Ellen Kiel does is invariably the wrong move. This thread is inane.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I can only imagine the situation Kiel would have been if Evon wasn’t there. Undergeared soldiers and lack of reinforcements and supplies.
If Kiel hadn’t forced Evon, she’d be doomed and the failure would fall on the Captain’s Council (which does now include her).

Evon, even with him not wanting to help, even by threat of firing squad (yeah, real good guys with that threat) he does have the entire city in his debt. Something he could clearly hold over their heads and I bet he knows it.

Honestly, I think he is feigning his disgruntlement. LA was and just suddenly became alot more profitable. War brings profit. At the moment, its not yielding results. But it soon will. Either way, Evon has the advantage here. Once his conscription ends, I think we’ll see the crafty charr put Kiel under his thumb.

Plus, if they ever want to rebuild LA, guess who they are gonna need for proper trade routes and services?

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Shud asked to shut down the gate, the gate was shut down. Citizens got out using a different gate. What’s the problem?

And! At least Evon was there during the chaos doing something to benefit everyone. That merchandise on those dolyaks (which was quite unfairly confiscated, I might add) ended up saving a lot of people. Didn’t see Kiel anywhere.

Kiel was at Fort Marriner after she stole 1 of the Aertherblades Airship, she saved Magnus, the rest of the council, Canach and a lot of Lionguards.
Basically you can compare Kiel and Evon with Commander Shepard from the ME series. Both warned the council that the attack would come. But the council wouldnt listen.
During the attack Kiel decided to save the council and a lot of other people. (Paragon)
Evon decided to let the council die and save his ressources (Renegade, even tough Evon is a much bigger scumbag than Renegade Shepard)

RyuDragnier.9476

Kiel was at Fort Marriner after she stole 1 of the Aertherblades Airship, she saved Magnus, the rest of the council, Canach and a lot of Lionguards.
Basically you can compare Kiel and Evon with Commander Shepard from the ME series. Both warned the council that the attack would come. But the council wouldnt listen.
During the attack Kiel decided to save the council and a lot of other people. (Paragon)
Evon decided to let the council die and save his ressources (Renegade, even tough Evon is a much bigger scumbag than Renegade Shepard)

Worse than ME3 Renegade Shephard? I THINK NOT!

[hS]

Traveller.7496

Incidentally, I was always a renegade in ME. I need my (anti-)heroes to be a bit gray, even morally ambiguous, instead of goody-good. Needs of the many and so on.

RyuDragnier.9476

Incidentally, I was always a renegade in ME. I need my (anti-)heroes to be a bit gray, even morally ambiguous, instead of goody-good. Needs of the many and so on.

Too bad in ME3 he wasn’t anti-hero, he was downright sociopathic.

[hS]

Traveller.7496

Like I said, another man’s villain is another man’s hero.

- Although, if I’m allowed to go on a tangent here, the ME3 renegade Shepard was a bit too much of an kitten compared to the previous games where he was portrayed more as a “no-nonsense” – type (Needs of the many…) military guy. -

But this is about Evon, so I once again say I really like how he’s being written, compared to many other bland characters. You can argue your case whether you support him or not!

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

With the upcoming battle at Lion’s Arch, we’re going to need a true leader! Evon Gnashblade has proven to everyone that he’s the true hero of LA, and I predict he’ll be saving the city for a second time. Councilwoman Kiel on the other hand will probably just ask our hero characters to do all her work, allowing her to plot her next evil moves. That said, it’s time for #Team Gnashblade to take up arms.

Also, please be sure to stop by the Black Lion Trading Post to pick up some new hardware for yourself. Boxes of Chocolates and the new Harp are available now!

So are you asking for Gnashblade for RP reasons? Or because you think that will bring the Abaddon fractal?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

You guys can sit there and wait for an NPC to do something. I’ve got a fight with Scarlet.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Like I said, another man’s villain is another man’s hero.

- Although, if I’m allowed to go on a tangent here, the ME3 renegade Shepard was a bit too much of an kitten compared to the previous games where he was portrayed more as a “no-nonsense” – type (Needs of the many…) military guy. -

Eh, sometimes some of the Renegade choices made sense (like choosing to focus on Sovereign, or deciding to sabotage the Genophage cure because a resurgent Krogan race after the war would be bad, BAD news for a gravely weakened galaxy), but there were also lots of situations where being Renegade just meant being a quaggan-hole.

For my “official” playthrough though, my Shepard was mostly Paragon, but with a smattering of Renegade choices/interrupts here and there. (Did anybody NOT headbutt Uvenk? XD)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hmm…

What If:

Due to losing the election to Kiel, and being the ever-present thorn in his side getting all the glory (and the aether ship), Evon felt the need to regain his previous level of power, and even to surpass it while also getting her out of the way. Evon then found Scarlet and saw she had mental issues, but was easily influenced. He then schemed to, not just encourage, but finance Scarlet’s cause and even supplied her with secret locations to work on her technologies and build her Marionette. His intention: to help her to wreak havoc with the ultimate goal being the total destruction of Lion’s Arch. (see edit)

Then, after the dust settles, paid voices rise up with cheers of how it was Evon who was responsible for saving the citizens of Lion’s Arch! This story is corroborated by the much-loved and respected Hero-Tron who had been bribed by Evon to back the lie with various items that Evon ‘acquired’ for ‘him/it’ (as well as with blackmail of Hero-Tron’s less than heroic deeds from the past). And from the ashes rises a false savior, a hero of the people. False information is found that points to Ellen Kiel as being in on planning the attack with Scarlet and she is ousted from her seat on the Captain’s Council, jailed and sentenced to death. However, Evon pleads mercy, and her death sentence is ‘lessened’ to the rest of her life in a prison cell where Evon visits her every day and boasts of besting her and that she will live out her days as an imprisoned hero, hated by the very people she strove to protect, and aware of Evon as being the one who orchestrated everything.

Evon also gets all the construction contracts to rebuild LA and he’ll rake in a ton of coin, is given his seat on the council and now holds more power in the city than ever before. Losing to Kiel was the best thing that ever happened to him.

(Honestly, that last part actually sounds a little too close to real life schemes of certain politicians supplying bombs and weapons to the bad guys to level cities so that the construction companies owned by these politicians get the rebuild contracts and make a ton of money on the deal. I wonder if Anet would actually throw this all too real scenario into their story…)

It is possible that when reports of Scarlet’s Thumper Devices showing up all over Tyria starting coming out, that Evon began to realize he did not have control over Scarlet; these devices were never part of the plan.

Little did Evon know that Scarlet wasn’t actually insane…she knew what was under Lion’s Arch and she allowed him to think he was using her. However, it was she who used him to reach her goal of unleashing the thing beneath Lion’s Arch.

edit
As pointed out by Kal Spiro, my first paragraph does not fit with the timeline of events. I’m going to adjust that a little bit here to instead have the scheme with Scarlet as being in the works long before the election, but getting Kiel to be the patsy and a personal toy/trophy would be an added bonus for Evon due to her ‘winning’ the election.
(I say ‘winning’ due to the theories of the election having been rigged by the creators out-of-game or by the various NPCs in-game)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Sparky Sights.9174

Sparky Sights.9174

I’m just going to point out that Evon leaves LA via the last working Asura Gate with his Dolyaks and shuts it down from the other side leaving people trapped who were about to use it……….. so, yeah I’ll let you guys think about that.

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Not exactly true. She stole this ship from US. We cleared the aetherblade dungeon and stole their aetherblade airship. Then, Kiel pulled “Trahearne” And suddenly its her ship and she cleared the dungeon. Yeah…

So…How did she use Airship? How many enemy airships she destroyed? How many times she returned to pick up citizens? Nah. She just leave us to deal with problems and picked up some buddy’s on her way out. And, unlike Evon, it was her job to defend lion arch. She failed twice this time. 1-st as captain council, 2-nd, as a member of lionguard.

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

I’m just going to point out that Evon leaves LA via the last working Asura Gate with his Dolyaks and shuts it down from the other side leaving people trapped who were about to use it……….. so, yeah I’ll let you guys think about that.

This is just ridiculous. Not even all Asuras can control Gates. U should have graduated in college of Dynamics to be able to control gates. Yomm wasnt able to turn them on even to save his own life… so yeah…. Dunno what Evon meant by “got your back”. But there is no way some char could have just gone through, pressed a button, and then gates are off. Its just ridiculous.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

So why does Shud act so surprised when Evon shuts off the gate? Clearly he didn’t think Evon would actually do it.

And what’s the problem? If I were near the gate that could get me to safety and some scumbag turns it off because of his personal issues with the Captain’s council, forcing me to run through a battle zone with a good chance of not making it out alive, I’d have a problem with that.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ll leave you with this:

Traveller.7496

Excuse me, who shut what gates now? (and I think it’s a she.)

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

“Hero of Lion’s Arch” ….that fled with his tail between his legs…

Not exactly pleased with Kiel at the moment either, but let’s face it. They both did what any politician would do in this situation… they saved their own kitten. It was fully expected (by me).

The fact that Kiel ‘conscripted’ Evon into the Lionguard? Oh yeah, saw that one coming too.

Those two really need to just duke it out in an open pit brawl, then get a room to kiss and make up. They give me the distinct ‘thy doth protest too much’ feeling.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Shud is protecting the city gates! Isn’t it great that Evon’s heroics are inspiring others to be heroes too? As expected of a true leader like Evon Gnashblade.