*Spoiler* Braham vs Marjory

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love most of the latest responses, but I do wish more people would read the whole thread before posting.

Also, at the person who said Sylvari taste like potatoes: I have a degree in molecular gastronomy and can confirm that Trahearne, at least, tastes of okra.

(I really hope you get that I’m joking)

I never said ALL sylvari taste like Potatoes, I said it was based on what they look like
:P Trahearne really does look like Okra…I think Caithe tastes like Asparagus

Caithe does in fact taste like salty asparagus.

Nightmare court actually taste like beets.

What does the Pale Tree taste like?
I think she tastes like Parsnips…because that’s one of the few pale veggies

The pale tree oddly tastes like lucky charms with a hint of mint.

At your second comment, I’m a very curious experimental Asura. It’s science!

And I have not tasted either of them………… They reek.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: seacanari.4583

seacanari.4583

I love most of the latest responses, but I do wish more people would read the whole thread before posting.

Also, at the person who said Sylvari taste like potatoes: I have a degree in molecular gastronomy and can confirm that Trahearne, at least, tastes of okra.

I never said ALL sylvari taste like Potatoes, I said it was based on what they look like

:O so you walk around tasting stuff?

Ummm…maybe you can figure out how Marjory and Braham taste so we can figure out why Marjory got more damaged…

Lilith Ajit.6173

:O so you walk around tasting stuff?

Ummm…maybe you can figure out how Marjory and Braham taste so we can figure out why Marjory got more damaged…

Oh that was just a ruse to start a conversation about what npcs taste like.

It’s obvious that Marjory was faking for smoochies.

As for Braham and Marjory flavor…. They smell bad and I’m afraid I’ll get sick.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

seacanari.4583

I do have another theory…
make Marjory just got bored and fell asleep mid air..and wanted to see how Kasmeer would react

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal

Umm.. so you’re saying that your legs can take as much punishment as, say, a bears? You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Hey now, no need to be hostile.

No, seriously, you don’t understand how physiology works. Just because a human is made of bone & muscle, doesn’t mean it can take the same amount of punishment as another animal made of bigger, stronger bone & muscle. Saying “we both know that isn’t realistic” is just factually wrong.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal

Umm.. so you’re saying that your legs can take as much punishment as, say, a bears? You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Hey now, no need to be hostile.

No, seriously, you don’t understand how physiology works. Just because a human is made of bone & muscle, doesn’t mean it can take the same amount of punishment as another animal made of bigger, stronger bone & muscle. Saying “we both know that isn’t realistic” is just factually wrong.

If you read the rest of the thread you’d know that this is by no means a serious thread. So please stop hurting my feelings. I’m having fun with the way it went, and others are too.

[ARES]

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I would believe Jory tastes like rotten fish and beef. She is the most uncouth necro I’ve ever seen, far from eloquent. She seems like she wouldn’t bathe regularly and that doesn’t bode well when working with dead things.

My necro is fancy, she smells like earl grey and tastes like a delish london fog with a side of strawberry custard trifle.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I would believe Jory tastes like rotten fish and beef. She is the most uncouth necro I’ve ever seen, far from eloquent. She seems like she wouldn’t bathe regularly and that doesn’t bode well when working with dead things.

My necro is fancy, she smells like earl grey and tastes like a delish london fog with a side of strawberry custard trifle.

I agree. That’s how Jory smells and I can’t bring myself to taste her.

As for your Necro I’m curious, may I taste sometime? Unless you’re an Asura. I can’t do that. Or a Charr, hair balls, yick!

[ARES]

bokkieskitten.8023

As for your Necro I’m curious, may I taste sometime? Unless you’re an Asura. I can’t do that. Or a Charr, hair balls, yick!

Very much human and I’m not sure her wife would approve, necro couples, they tend to maim and murder over such things. lol.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Very much human and I’m not sure her wife would approve, necro couples, they tend to maim and murder over such things. lol.

Bah, my little Asuraness won’t bother them. I’ll taste them both!

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

/threaten

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I can take you! Then taste ^^

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Bring it on!

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Bring it on!

BOOM

Attachments:

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

dumps soy sauce on both

Lilith Ajit.6173

Cools down

plays a lullaby

Thanks Sea I almost cooked them before tasting first, woulda been a travesty. Hopefully I can get the soy sauce off them, though.

Attachments:

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

:D anytime
On another note..I tasted Scarlet…she definitely tastes like carrots and tomatoes
D: today one of those vegetarian charrs tried to eat my Sylvari

Lilith Ajit.6173

:D anytime
On another note..I tasted Scarlet…she definitely tastes like carrots and tomatoes
D: today one of those vegetarian charrs tried to eat my Sylvari

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between wilted spinach and a sapling, I’ll agree.

Scarlet might taste different once finished off.

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

:o well..she may have been bathed..I finished her with a quaggan finisher

bokkieskitten.8023

Soy… sauce.. please say it’s gluten free. I’m gluten intolerant!

seacanari.4583

>:D I can’t say it is

Lilith Ajit.6173

:o well..she may have been bathed..I finished her with a quaggan finisher

Fishy and wet.

throws bread at bokkies

I win!

Attachments:

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

:O I’ve been trying to get the shield achievement for finishing her…and its difficult on a guardian for some reason
But I love how concerned little Frostbite looks for Braham (or maybe he was just sad cause Braham fell on him.. that’s a good theory :P)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Poor frostbite. Squished like a bug beneath braham’s whittle bwoken weg.

Also shield achievement is easy on ele.

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

:) I mistakenly gave the spinal blade to my guardian because she has a shiny object (a legendary) and I’ve been playing her alot, I think tomorrow I’ll try the event chain on my ele

Lilith Ajit.6173

Mist form and arcane shield is what I used. Mist form failed cause I’m a noob sometimes. Shield worked fine.

Also side note you don’t have to have spinal blades equipped to enter cutscene. You just need the achievement.

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

maybe cause Braham fell on him…Frostbite was blown back by the force and hit Marjory with his stingers

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

So, Marjory was hurt decently bad. She got knocked out, looked a little roughed up, looked dead.

Braham broke his leg. That’s it? Why? And by the way that whole part of the scene, I was just thinking about Peter Griffin clutching his knee, going “ssssstttt ahhhhhhh” for 45 seconds.

I get I’ll get flamed, probably, for this response, but honestly, I don’t understand why Marjory got so hurt and Braham basically didn’t even have his life threatened.

(Side note, during the cut scenes, did any of you think it was weird and immersion breaking how your character just stood there, still, staring in one direction or the other?)

Norn are far tougher. Some of the most powerful norn can take on entire charr warbands solo as of EOTN. They naturally are tougher and stronger then any human. Besides the whole “Marjory was closer” bit Norn simply can naturally ‘tank’ more damage in lore.

As for the last bit, I was more bugged about how Braham landed to the right and Marjory the left, when they were standing opposite of their landing locations. (IE, Marjory was standing to the right and got flung left, Braham to the left and flung right).

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal (especially considering that necromancers have super high health pool and guardians super low) in terms of the game mechanics, I really don’t think it makes as much sense as you’re implying.

Game mechanics make an Asura warrior equal to a Norn warrior. Realistically in the canon and lore, an Asura warrior is not only far weaker, but slower as well (They’d have to jog or run to keep up with a Norn walking/fast walking probably).

Norn are far larger, stronger, and tougher NATURALLY. More powerful Norn can solo entire charr warbands (EOTN) and very few(aka, super rare) humans actually can match a Norn or beat them in a straight fight.

It’s probably just a combination of different body structure/size and Marjory landing badly enough to hit her head (and according to Kasmeer, breaking a rib or two).
They both stayed behind in Lion’s Arch to help get the rest of the refugees to safety, so Rox’s medical skills must be really good. Braham was even able to walk around and fight with a broken leg!

Rangers are known survivalists. It’s not surprising she was able to do some field medic action to stabilize both. Most likely once they got off the airship lionguard medics did a bit more before we meet them again in the zone.

Poor Marjory, you’re not wearing enough clothes!

Come to think of it, with Kasmeer wearing nothing but aether and a smile, how is she getting through these fights?

Um, she was only naked for the Tower of Nightmares. It’s never implied she didn’t wear her typical outfit anywhere else.

I believe a mistake that several people have made here is directly comparing Human anatomy to Norn anatomy.
Humans and Norn are only superficially similar. By nature of their development, their skin (hide) is thicker, their muscle and Bone density higher. In short, their environment guided their development into 8 foot tall Mac Trucks.

The second assumption that people are making (which has been covered), is that with everything being equal, both individuals should take proportionate amount of damage.
This is simply not true. Sometimes people just get ‘lucky’ and are able to avoid the worst of the most horrific accidents.
In short, Braham ‘won’ the RNG lotto, Marjory lost.

9 foot trucks actually. Norn average at 9 feet, my female norn at max height is taller then a kodan ingame so she’s easily over 10 feet tall

Also, about the impacting, based on the location of them post striking, you could say Braham flew through the air and his leg caught on the railing, and that’s what broke it. Marjory meanwhile landed face-down or went all the way into the wall and crumpled.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

Only Trahearne haters allowed in this thread

And he spoke funny. And he tasted like okra.

Wait… you know how he tastes???

It’s a well known fact that all Sylvari taste of okra. It’s a basic aspect of their anatomy. Just like humans taste like pork.

A little late to the “sylvari taste” discussion
But I think they taste according to their leaf and …bark… colors

My sylvari tastes like potato she looks like a nightshade ( potato) plant cause she’s pink leaved with white bark ( and ironically ..her last name is Nightshade)

Why is that ironic if that’s what she looks like?

In any case, while you may be correct, I think you’ll find it is potato seasoned with okra.

Because I had no idea what a nightshade was when I named her or made her XD
:P Scarlet probably tastes like tomatoes but we’d never know because she’s gone now

Scarlet tastes like Joker gas.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Lilith Ajit.6173

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

It’s a well known fact that all Sylvari taste of okra. It’s a basic aspect of their anatomy. Just like humans taste like pork.

My sylvari tastes like potato she looks like a nightshade ( potato) plant cause she’s pink leaved with white bark ( and ironically ..her last name is Nightshade)

In any case, while you may be correct, I think you’ll find it is potato seasoned with okra.

:P Scarlet probably tastes like tomatoes but we’d never know because she’s gone now

I’ve never tasted joker gas!

[ARES]

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Yep and the Norn walked out on a broken leg.

But my real question is there something going on with Rox and Braham like with the two girls, a love story we haven’t caught on to?

Lilith Ajit.6173

But my real question is there something going on with Rox and Braham like with the two girls, a love story we haven’t caught on to?

An early post posted this picture and I think it’s quite relevant. From Brutalistik.6473:

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Foreshadowing in the makings possibly? xD

It’ll probably be a tug of war though.

Pineapples

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That’s good thing, I believe it is typically fatal. But taste dead Scarlet and you will know what it tastes like.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Lilith Ajit.6173

That’s good thing, I believe it is typically fatal. But taste dead Scarlet and you will know what it tastes like.

Dead Scarlet or potentially undead Scarlet? O.o

[ARES]

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Can a sylvari even become a undead because I’ve never seen one before. I think when one dies that’s it and withers away into the soil to be reborn again which means a new Scarlet, but the opposite persona?

Pineapples

Lilith Ajit.6173

Can a sylvari even become a undead because I’ve never seen one before. I think when one dies that’s it and withers away into the soil to be reborn again which means a new Scarlet, but the opposite persona?

Hmmmm…. I guess they likely can’t become “undead” but I have seen lettuce IRL that was rotten and …. Moving. So. Maybe?

[ARES]

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I did taste her. And she tasted like moldy slimy okra (speculation, go!)

D: are you one of those vegetarian charrs? They eat my sylvari friends..

…what do you think Braham and Marjory taste like?

Braham tastes like ham probably. And Marjory like strawberries (strawberries came to me for some reason).

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer