Hall of Monuments

Hall of Monuments

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

I’ve uninstalled Java and reinstalled it.

java → javascript
ham → hamster

(conclusion: reinstalling java doesn’t help at all)

Did you clear your browser cache? (CTRL+F5 or CTRL+SHIFT+R does a hard reload for the current page)
Anyway, this ist crazy – it was broken that way for me for over half a year now (even disabling AdBlock+ and ScriptSafe didn’t help), but since a few days it works again in all browsers i checked. (Chrome, FF, IE9+10, Opera 12.x and Opera Next)

(edited by smiley.1438)

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’ve uninstalled Java and reinstalled it.

java -> javascript
ham -> hamster

(conclusion: reinstalling java doesn’t help at all)

Did you clear your browser cache? (CTRL+F5 or CTRL+SHIFT+R does a hard reload for the current page)
Anyway, this ist crazy – it was broken that way for me for over half a year now (even disabling AdBlock+ and ScriptSafe didn’t help), but since a few days it works again in all browsers i checked. (Chrome, FF, IE9+10, Opera 12.x and Opera Next)

Disabling AdBlock and doing CTRL+SHIFT+R worked for me. Loads up normal. If all I have to do is have AdBlock disabled to look at my HoM, I guess I can live with that.

Thanks for the tip! Try it folks!

EDIT: Yeah, you have to disable AdBlock in your add-ons. You can’t add hom.guildwars2.com as an exception. You can, but it won’t work.

It only works for me if I completely disable AdBlock and do a hard reload. Looks like an AdBlock false positive more then anything on Anet’s end.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Hall of Monuments

smiley.1438

EDIT: Yeah, you have to disable AdBlock in your add-ons. You can’t add hom.guildwars2.com as an exception. You can, but it won’t work.

It only works for me if I completely disable AdBlock and do a hard reload. Looks like an AdBlock false positive more then anything on Anet’s end.

Hmm, when you’re using Adblock+, there is a Button where you can disable it for the current site. In Chrome it’s on the right side in the adress bar, in Firefox its on the bottom left side. Just click and select “disable for this site”.
Anyway, i have ABP installed and active in said browsers and it still works.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was able to add it as an exception to the Firefox adblocker, and it works now for me, after all these long months. Not sure about Chrome, as I use it so seldom, I didn’t bother trying to change any settings in there.

Hall of Monuments

CETheLucid.3964

Hmm, when you’re using Adblock+, there is a Button where you can disable it for the current site. In Chrome it’s on the right side in the adress bar, in Firefox its on the bottom left side. Just click and select “disable for this site”.
Anyway, i have ABP installed and active in said browsers and it still works.

Yeah, I don’t know. It’s very hit or miss. Sometimes it works for me and other times no.

I had AdBlock on with hom.guildwars2.com as an exception and the front page loaded correctly, but when I clicked on “View Titles”, it’s broken again.

Turned AdBlock completely off (disabled), front page loads correctly again but clicking on view titles, it’s still broken.

At first I was thinking it’s an AdBlock thing, but even with it completely off, I still get the same behavior.

I don’t know, maybe they’re working on it? Just tried it again and now the front page is loading all broken as it used to do, even with AdBlock off.

-shrug-

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I don’t know, maybe they’re working on it? Just tried it again and now the front page is loading all broken as it used to do, even with AdBlock off.

-shrug-

I think whatever is going on doesn’t have much to do with AdBlock – I have it in Chrome and not in IE and the HOM was broken in both browsers.

Because of the intermittent nature of the problem, I think there may be some bad caching going on somewhere outside of the browser. I messed around with my browser settings quite a bit and couldn’t get it to display properly, went to bed, and looked at it again in the morning and it was fine.

I had it working in IE, I just checked it again, and not only doesn’t it work, UAC popped up asking if I wanted to let IE make changes… huh? That seems like a strange thing for something like a reward calculator to want to do. Oh duh. nevermind, I just did an Adobe purge and the site wants to re-install the flash player.

BTW, it’s working fine in Chrome still…

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

(edited by Pandemoniac.4739)

Hall of Monuments

CETheLucid.3964

-shrug-

I think whatever is going on doesn’t have much to do with AdBlock – I have it in Chrome and not in IE and the HOM was broken in both browsers.

Because of the intermittent nature of the problem, I think there may be some bad caching going on somewhere outside of the browser. I messed around with my browser settings quite a bit and couldn’t get it to display properly, went to bed, and looked at it again in the morning and it was fine.

I had it working in IE, I just checked it again, and not only doesn’t it work, UAC popped up asking if I wanted to let IE make changes… huh? That seems like a strange thing for something like a reward calculator to want to do. Oh duh. nevermind, I just did an Adobe purge and the site wants to re-install the flash player.

BTW, it’s working fine in Chrome still…

Working ATM with latest (live) Firefox and AdBlock on, with hom.guildwars2.com as an exception.

Yay!

Attachments:

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I also use Opera and the HoM site does not play well with it but works fine with IE.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

Are you guys still seeing this regularly? I still can’t reproduce it but haven’t forgotten about you

Hall of Monuments

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you guys still seeing this regularly? I still can’t reproduce it but haven’t forgotten about you

I just tried it in Chrome, which I don’t use, so it’s running at default settings, and it is now working fine. You must have fixed it! Yay! =)

And, as I posted before, once I white-listed it in Firefox’s adblocker, it worked. So, double-yay!

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Nope, I just encountered it.

Scenario that seems to break it for me, but isn’t reproduceable it seems.

• Open hom.guildwars2.com
  • Enter GW1 char name
  • Start a todo-list by adding points/titles in various trees
  • Click on refresh page:
    – either by Ctrl-R, or just typing in my char name again and pressing Go!
  • When the display then goes wrong, it seems a CSS and caching issue, unless it’s a load issue on the webapp, because reloading a couple of times with F5 key will generally put the website back in order….

head scratch

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I still show that it is not working. Using Chrome, Firefox and IE 8 I wonder if it is tied to resolution that would explain why some people see it and some do not. Or could be one of your servers having some code messed up.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Eldrich.5764

Eldrich.5764

I’m still seeing this. I’ve tried it at both work and home on multiple browsers – IE9/10, Chrome, FireFox, Safari – and they all have the same issue. At home, I have U-Verse and my work uses Time Warner for their ISP so it’s not just related to one particular network.

I have noticed on every single browser that when I go to type in a character name that after the first letter is entered, the page will all the sudden show a rather large scrollbar. (In FF at home it’s usually horizontal but checking on IE9/FF/Safari/Chrome at work this morning has it appearing as vertical scroll.) The culprit is the “meter-overlay” element which is being created with an absolute positioned style of top >= 3000px but the display isn’t being set to none to completely cull it. I’m not entirely sure how that relates to everything else but it does seem like a symptom of the bigger problem.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

I haven’t seen the scrambled issue in a while, but there was another issue I noticed.

When you would click the link it kept sending the page to load as https://hom.guildwars2.com/ which for me was the scrambled page at the time, but now it just gives a page cannot be displayed, but that link was what was being displayed in the bottem left corner while just hovering over the drop down link.

It was doing that even on fresh clearing of internet history and caches, etc not just on IE10 but also Google Chrome. However, if I deleted the S and loaded the page as http://hom.guildwars2.com/ it started working fine again. The main page would even retain loading as that from the drop down at least until the next clearing.

For some reason be it your website or whatever it keeps occasionally adding back in that S and trying to load the HoM calculator as a secure site.

So if anyone is still having issues maybe look at the address bar and see if it is httpS or just http and try it without the S if needed.

(edited by Michael Fejervary.8576)

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

It isn’t working for me either.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Hall of Monuments

smiley.1438

Ok, on the top of the page i’ve written that it was working in all browsers. After the last reports i tried it again, first in chrome – and the page is broken again… this is so ridiculous.
I’d say that thing is completely broken and has to be rewritten from scratch.

btw. https://hom.guildwars2.com/ doesn’t work at all for me.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hey all, this should be fixed now. Please have a look and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Yes it is now working for me, the tabs didn’t displayed well before.

Thanks!!

Attachments:

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Working on Safari browser now.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Hey all, this should be fixed now. Please have a look and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

It’s working perfectly for me now. Thanks!

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

It stopped working again… this is from just now. Experiencing it in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE… tried clearing cache, etc. etc.

Attachments:

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Soutaja.9428

Soutaja.9428

Seems to be broken again. I’ve tried it on several computers with latest Chrome & IE. With and without adblock

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Mc Stabby.2509

Mc Stabby.2509

I have tried the page and get the error that my character could not be loaded or found.

I thought this might be because I have a space in my name, so I tried a character that had no spaces. No joy there.

Lastly I thought, oh it might be my handle including the number…. but again no joy.

I am trying this on Google Chrome (latest version) with windows 7 64bit. Everything is up to date (flash, java etc etc).

My characters ive tried to check are Lv20 and Lv6 (im a noob so sue me lol).

Below is a screenshot of the error I get :s

Attachments:

Hall of Monuments

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have tried the page and get the error that my character could not be loaded or found.

I thought this might be because I have a space in my name, so I tried a character that had no spaces. No joy there.

Lastly I thought, oh it might be my handle including the number…. but again no joy.

I am trying this on Google Chrome (latest version) with windows 7 64bit. Everything is up to date (flash, java etc etc).

Just to be sure….You are entering Guild Wars (1) character names, yes? It doesn’t work with GW2 character names, unless you have characters with the exact same name in GW1.

Hall of Monuments

Mc Stabby.2509

Just to be sure….You are entering Guild Wars (1) character names, yes? It doesn’t work with GW2 character names, unless you have characters with the exact same name in GW1.

Erm, No actually. I was using my GW2 name ?

I have to admit I was kind of naive in my thinking that because I was on the GW2 site, it might be the GW2 name I should put (that and the fact theres no instructions saying it only works with GW1 names).

So is the HoM only going to be for GW1 ?

Hall of Monuments

smiley.1438

So is the HoM only going to be for GW1 ?

Yup.

Earn special Guild Wars 2 rewards based on your achievements in the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars: Eye of the North™. Use the Hall of Monuments Reward Calculator to determine what rewards you’ve unlocked, how the benefits are calculated, and what other items are available.
Just enter your Guild Wars character name in the field above to get started! If you don’t have a character name to use, you can still access the Reward Calculator in demo mode

Hall of Monuments

Mc Stabby.2509

Hmm,

Ok 3 magic words which arent overly large either lol.

Id vote for making it a little bit more prominent lol, because I honestly thought it was for GW2, and being hosted on the GW2 website too .

Oh well im out of luck and no rewards for me. Boohoo im off to sulk now lol.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Artair.1687

Artair.1687

I just wanted to bring this back up, the website is messed up once again

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: WingedDestinyX.1423

WingedDestinyX.1423

I can’t enter the site with Safari (latest version) and Chrome (latest version). Both on Mackintosh :s

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: WingedDestinyX.1423

WingedDestinyX.1423

When on the forum section, you can’t enter the site…
This should be fixed

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Charmtroll.3695

Charmtroll.3695

I still have issues and the reward calculator looks the same to me like it does in Dondarrion’s attachment.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: LITF.2576

LITF.2576

Having issues with displaying too.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/welcome-hd-1.2105217262.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/header-social.2073548028.jpg
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/languages.1218774297.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/reward-overlay-bg.257560658.png

Using google Chrome with google dns (switching to ISP dns didn’t help). Flushed dns, re-installed java, cleared cache, nothing of that helps.

Hall of Monuments

LITF.2576

Anything about HoM website fix?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Charmtroll.3695

Charmtroll.3695

Tried the same things as LITF and it still doesn’t work for me. Tried with Chrome, IE, Firefox and it looks the same(as in Dondarrion’s attachment) no matter what browser I use.

Hall of Monuments

smiley.1438

Hmmm, i somehow get the feeling that this is a local problem – i just tried it with said browsers (also in Opera 12.x and Opera Next) and it looks like intended in all of them. I have Adblock Plus in Chrome, Firefox and Opera 12 installed, ScriptSafe in Chrome, no special rules or DNS changes at all.

Hall of Monuments

LITF.2576

Still getting

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/welcome-hd-1.2105217262.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/header-social.2073548028.jpg
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/languages.1218774297.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://d1vgtq9y35ia05.cloudfront.net/img/reward-overlay-bg.257560658.png

Hall of Monuments

LITF.2576

It is really frustrating, how this issue gets ignored by ANet for such a long time.

Hall of Monuments

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As I posted earlier, this was fixed for me awhile back. Now, it is back to being unreadable. I haven’t changed any settings. I happened to check it again, because I placed a new mini in my Hall of Monuments; I am not positive it updated.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

It’s very disappointing that the compliants from Guild Wars players are getting ignored. We don’t even know if they’ve looked into the problem. Are they trying to fix it or are they ignoring us yet again?

This signaure is currently undergoing maintenance.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Tera Arcane.1059

Tera Arcane.1059

Same problem here, just checked it using IE, Firefox and chrome all w/ and w/o flash etc.
they all display the same jumbled mess.

Hopefully a fix is in progress, i know it won’t be top priority, but for those who still want to access and unlock the HoM stuff, it’s needed.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Obito.8627

Obito.8627

Still broken for me in Chrome, although my guildies are saying its fine in Firefox.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Orlando.8192

Orlando.8192

Just tested on Android, didn’t work, when I tried other browsers earlier I had no luck either.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Julian.9087

Julian.9087

I have the same problem. Windows 7 & Android; Chrome & Firefox & IE. The page is unusable in all browsers and OS versions, and on all my systems.

Hall of Monuments

Julian.9087

A user on reddit.com wrote this to me in response to my problem:

“I have something very similar on half the machines here. What seems to be happening here, at least for Firefox, is that the browser is refusing to use the CSS because the server is sending it with a MIME type of text/plain instead of text/css.”

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Yep, not working on Mozilla, IE or Chrome.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Windows 7 ultimate

IE10 and firefox (whatever is newest version)

every other program should be latest version too

I tried disabling pop-up blocker, disabled firewall and anti-virus. Cleared cache.

No effect.

This seems like a website problem. Can we get this fixed. It shouldn’t take longer than coffee break for some code monkey.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Hall of Monuments

Julian.9087

As of today it’s working again for me. I didn’t change anything on my side, so they must have changed something on the server.

Hall of Monuments

LITF.2576

Checked today, still looks like garbage. ANet completely ignoring this thread as well as issue. Don’t see issue, don’t hear about issue, don’t speak about issue – there is no issue!

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Checked today, still looks like garbage. ANet completely ignoring this thread as well as issue. Don’t see issue, don’t hear about issue, don’t speak about issue – there is no issue!

I don’t think they are ignoring it is just extremely low priority. Makes me wonder what else the Web programmers are working on. Who knows maybe the trading post. It is a website after all.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Valts.6703

Valts.6703

Still broken.