Challenge: Dev LiveStream of Dredge Level 41

in Fractured

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I throw down this challenge to you Anet devs. I want you to live stream 5 of you in a balanced party attempt to do the Dredge Fractal at level 41 the legit way.

Full stream, not a recording that can be manipulated. Perhaps after 3 or 4 hours then they will see what utter bullkitten this fractal is.

(edited by BaconCatTheGreasy.9542)

in Fractured

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

Yes. i support this. I want to see it happen! Should be fun!

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I’d rather see them do grawl on 43

But a definite yes to seeing developers/QA-people tackling their own challenges!

49 is actually the easiest from the 41 to 49 fractal instabilities in my opinion.
So I wouldnt be too interested in that one.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

in Fractured

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I want to see this too

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Fractured

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

But a definite yes to seeing developers/QA-people tackling their own challenges!

49 is actually the easiest from the 41 to 49 fractal instabilities in my opinion.

Well, we want them to be able to finish it. :P

in Fractured

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

Even better, Live stream dev with a pug group …

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

in Fractured

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

+1 for anybody that posts in here. keep this the #1 thread in section. 1 MILLION replies please.

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Fractured

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

I don’t know Anet logic behind making dredges even longer now. Add more random adds around the map just for kitten and giggle.

in Fractured

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

This is an idea I could really get behind,

I predict at least 3-4 hours of watching them fail before they give up or use super dev haxor stuff to make them invincible or something… then probably still fail.

in Fractured

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I’ll volunteer if devs want some pug to go w/ them i got 55 ar!

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Fractured

Posted by: Filterkat.2143

Filterkat.2143

Anyone else notice that the dredge also dont de-aggro? WTF?

in Fractured

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

+1
if they like so much this lvl, play it in streaming once every 2 days, so after 1 or 2 months u will tell us how do u feel play almost everyday those s****

in Fractured

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

+1 I dare you guys!

in Fractured

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

+1 to ALL. THIS THREAD DEMANDS RESULTS

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Fractured

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

+1 I would like to see this happen very very very much.

I think if there were a dev team actually focussed on playing their game/streaming it and commenting on what they are doing etc to share knowledge it would greatly benefit their game.
As mentioned above, the challenge should be attempted with a BALANCED team. NOTE: Not 3 warriors, 1 guardian and a mesmer :P

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

You get a +1 from me. Not because I mind that they can’t beat their own content, I would just love to see them try

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

You get a +1 from me. Not because I mind that they can’t beat their own content, I would just love to see them try

This, more or less.

Although I’ve said before that I’d like to see this, I’m coming around to a way of thinking that is: If noone can beat it, does it really matter? Many people keep saying GW2 has no challenge, presumably, FotM was originally designed to give players “the ultimate challenge”. If one fractal is not beaten for months, or even years, isn’t that a good thing? It would give the team that finally does so a lot of bragging rights.

in Fractured

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Got to wait until they beat scale 39 first. Last livestream that we saw,they did not clear scale 39. Good luck with the challenge devs!

in Fractured

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

How is 49 easier than 47? No, really explain it to me. Losing 10% dps(or more) is better than not using elites which are pretty useless beyond timewarp and warbanner?

in Fractured

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

I need to defend the devs here: They come up with stuff, but might not be able to do it themselves.

If you work all day on some game, you hardly play it in your free time. They just do some basic tests and hand if over to QA. The rest lies with QA if the content is realeased in its current form. Then it goes back and forth between devs and QA until released (in theory…)

And as people have done the fractals up to 50, it shows that it is doable. If it is enjoyable is a different thing.

Yes, the update is bad. I at least expected bugs that are there over a year will be fixed.

And that there are different living world teams does not mean that every team works 8h per day on the new content.

The fractal update shows that the team probably began a few weeks before the release, leaving QA probably a few days to test it, which was not enough.

The 14 days release cycle is too ambitious for Anet to provide quality content. But they will not change it as long as the daily individual logins for 14 days are higher then monthly updates. Their success and therefore future funding is measured in daily individual logins.

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

33 is better

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

And that is why I only do 47 instead of 41-46

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

How is 49 easier than 47? No, really explain it to me. Losing 10% dps(or more) is better than not using elites which are pretty useless beyond timewarp and warbanner?

Easiest. Not necessarily the fastest.

in Fractured

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

HAHA! Best idea in the forums EVER!

+1 to support this

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in Fractured

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

That would be fun to watch (in a diabolical way)… or I would learn how to finish lvl33 in a timely manner and without using repair kits.

To be more precise, what I’d like to hear / read is a justification of the changes to Dredge fractal from a dev / designer point of view, and how it did enhance the length balance to get them more in line with the other fractals.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

in Fractured

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want to see the P/P Thief who doesn’t swap weapons or use utilities, to try this!

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

won’t happen due to common excuse: players are better than dev’s at game (which kind of does make sense considering that players spend more time actually playing game )

but i admit there were many times where i just wanted to see devs doing high lv fractals + instability

even if devs get away with that excuse, the fact stays that some of maps/levels/instabilities are poorly designed/weren’t thought through; this all comes from rushed content

2 weeks updates is nice and all and very abmicious, but if the quality has to suffer so much maybe to make compromiss and update game every month

for me personally, as player, this 2 weeks updates feel almost like a job; certainly nobody forces me to do it but you know how it is in games…. if you don’t do it while everyone does, you do kind of miss things out as well as playing with other

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Fractured

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Best Idea in a long time, second only to Cantha Expansion

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

I beat dredge lv 33 with a celestial ranger and 55 ar in a pug group. Though we got the rifle path rather than the bomb path so there was that.

in Fractured

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

What an idea! + 10000, Anet, common, what’s the matter? Still no response? tick tock tick tock, we are waiting. You who balance this game and think the challenges could be done just fine by the public should be able to play your own challenge right?

Don’t forget:
1) No character switching during play.
2) Group should be an mix of all classes, must include at least one ranger AND 1 necro (4 guards and 1 thief???? hmmm, something fishy here)
3) HP and strength of MOBS should be normal, not HP = 1.
4) No ascended armors ! we don’t even have that yet.
5) Better hire more moderator to infract us after the live-stream because there is going to be alot of LOL.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

in Fractured

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

IDK.. from all the Dev livestreams I’ve seen, every time they have a tough fight they just type in Developer codes and skate through….

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Fractured

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

IDK.. from all the Dev livestreams I’ve seen, every time they have a tough fight they just type in Developer codes and skate through….

That’s why i suggested a livestream.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I would love to see that. Hell, have them do level 30 without any instabilities. But I would love to see them try going through the entire level within 30 minutes or so. Time to put your skills where your mouths are. And don’t use your highly skilled testers you have there, just a regular group of people.

in Fractured

Posted by: SuKHoi.2063

SuKHoi.2063

C’mon anet this might a your chance to review your release

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

+1. No dev codes.

Tip: You might want to bring full accessories and a 2nd weapon set.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Back in my day of game & code, developers played their game well. They were the ones who know most if not all of the exploits, tricks, tactics & techniques to pass hard contents. And they have had passion for game.
Do we still have this type of developers here now a day? Or just theoretical “spread sheet” coders?

I fully support this challenge.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

Lvl 39 dredge is beyond ridiculous, when they die, they explode on your face and you fly and die because you are out of stun breaks.

in Fractured

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Hopefully they will get a fractal trident “weapon” at the end….

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Sadly as much as I’d love to see them have a taste of their own medicine, this won’t happen. Unless they have some skilled developer players that are willing to put their names up for a challenge, I really don’t see that happening. Otherwise they’d put themselves up for quite unpleasant situation, where not only their knowledge and skill will be very heavily judged, but also their overall performance. Every little mistake that they could make will be out there visible to everyone.
All I’m really asking them is to at least play that level in their own comfort of an office at the given difficulty level to at least see how frustrating and long dredge fractal really is. And how unbalanced it is compared to all other fractal levels.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

They would get murderzoned

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Sadly as much as I’d love to see them have a taste of their own medicine, this won’t happen. Unless they have some skilled developer players that are willing to put their names up for a challenge, I really don’t see that happening. Otherwise they’d put themselves up for quite unpleasant situation, where not only their knowledge and skill will be very heavily judged, but also their overall performance. Every little mistake that they could make will be out there visible to everyone.
All I’m really asking them is to at least play that level in their own comfort of an office at the given difficulty level to at least see how frustrating and long dredge fractal really is. And how unbalanced it is compared to all other fractal levels.

They are the developers of the game, responsible for content that we play. They should be masters of mechanics since they designed the gameplay.

If they make a mistake, I’m sure there would be more understanding players here than there would be people that say “lol omg you stink”. But my guess is they wouldn’t accidently aggro an extra mob or accidently miss a dodge, it would just be downright horrible.

I don’t recall seeing good play from the developers. They stream with one weapon set, auto attacking on arguably the worst weapon set for the profession, they aren’t fully geared, and had what seemed to be no strategy. Yet they design not fun challenging, but tedious and annoyingly challenging content all the while not listening to the player base.

(in direct reference to dredge)

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I don’t recall seeing good play from the developers.

A couple of the pvp team are good at pvp. And I saw a programmer who was pretty good at pve.

But yeah, I have not seen any pve content designers that were any good. xD

I think they are too busy cranking out these bi-weekly LS updates to actually play. O.o

in Fractured

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

This! the clown car is too much and boring .

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

+1. This would be pure awesome.

in Fractured

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

+1. I would love to see this.

But no cheating, including on equipment.

And if they don’t find the idea fun, then it begs the question of why they think we would.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Fractured

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

+1
The first thing in months that i am rlly interested to see in this game.

in Fractured

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Also while they are doing that;

I would also like a simultaneous talk about why they decided to make an already annoying fractal infested with dredge even more annoying by packing even more dredge.

I would sincerely like to know the justification behind that idea…

in Fractured

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Also while they are doing that;

I would also like a simultaneous talk about why they decided to make an already annoying fractal infested with dredge even more annoying by packing even more dredge.

I would sincerely like to know the justification behind that idea…

Yeah, I don’t understand the increase dredges part either. People were complaining that the dredge fractal was more time consuming than being difficult. Making it longer would just prevent people with limited time to even play fractal.

in Fractured

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I fully support the call for a dev lifestream of dredge at higher levels. It’ll be endless fun to watch, especially if they roll a dice for random professions first and end up without warriors and/or guardians. Good luck surviving on the buttons.

There MUST be a way to pass the message to ANet that the majority of fractal players hate the dredge fractal with a passion after all these so-called “fixes” that only make the thing harder, longer more tedious and, generally, even more annoying than it always was.

The ONLY positive thing I sometimes read about this fractal is, “the heavy mining bags are great loot”. Well, that doesn’t compensate for the annoyance of getting this fractal in your rotation.

(edited by Paradox.5498)

in Fractured

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Imposeble zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Today i learn never do dredge after 30+ its faster to start new fractale and clean it.

(edited by Enjoyluck.2618)