Flame* armor (w/ constructive crit.)

in Fractured

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I was so surprised by the laziness that I didn’t even realize the light is t3 cultural. Wtf? If you were going to do that then why didn’t you do it for the other T3’s? Not that I think T3 should be attained in the shop in any way shape or form, but still. This is disappointing me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Yes, I know not all are going for the skimpy look, me neither. But the light Armor hits my taste the best among these three, looking mor the “streamlined” way I’m going for on my Chars.

in Fractured

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

To be honest I can not possibly defend the cost of t3 gear at this point anymore.

Also, christ, stop with the fire themes. We’re making Satan jealous at this point.

As a proud Norn, I now feel for my human brothers and sisters.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Fractured

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

When I first saw the pictures of the armor I thought it was cool particle effects you could add to any skin. THAT I would buy in a heartbeat. But this? Very saddened they have cheapened the human T3.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What’s next? A green predator with water effecvts or a red flameseeker with flame effects for 1000 gem? This game is already a pay2win game, but we not got more strenght, we omnly got pathetic reskins, buggy patches, shllaow repetable killing xy and search z contents, and story? where is that? sry for my eng, but this is simply pathetic.
And for anet lovers, watch the gw1 in-game store after 8 year:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_In-Game_Store
And we got the all armor sets on the last 2 year before gw2 is released…

While I’m not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your post entirely, I do disagree with your comment that the game has pay to win. It doesn’t. If it does, list them.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

And while we’re at it, let me at least xmute my norn cultural t3 off my ranger and onto my human thief so I won’t have wasted 100g on a class that became kitten and don’t have to buy it with real money in the future on the gem shop. an ugly version with fire on it for that matter.

in Fractured

Celestina.2894

To be honest what urks me even more now that I think about it, is if they wanted to put out glorified reskins, they could have done it with some of the awesome town clothes and people would cream themselves.

Instead, they went this route.

in Fractured

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

It is (or was) my goal to get basically all my characters cultural armor, eventually. Luckily, I didn’t make a light human, or else I’d be really kitten ed right now :\ my condolences, guys. This is a really, really lame move on ANet’s part. Also, as others have said, pretty lazy. And why is it just light armor that steals a cultural set? Bizarre choices. It is so expensive to buy a cultural set. What a slap in the face.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

in Fractured

Posted by: CountC.5248

CountC.5248

For those wondering what’s next: Arah armor with particle effects! For gems of course.

in Fractured

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

Reusing the Human Tier 3 cultural is really bad form. Very disappointed.

Your game requires some sort of top end exclusive items to make time investment have some sort of tangible reward if you expect to retain players.

You have to understand when players invest 80 levels into a race and a large sum of gold to have exclusive armor set as part of your own self-defined “cosmetic only” endgame, you have severely undermined their investment into your game.

I’m surprised anyone signed off on this. It’s bad business and someone had to realize it.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in Fractured

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

Well, at least now they have enough material for the next, what, 3 updates: take T3 of each race, do some sparkly “stuff” (aka fire), and voila, ready to be sold.

Might as well remove those cultural vendors all together, and try your best to involve Scarlet in all that. -_-

in Fractured

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

ANet do you realize that you only have a game while you have players to play it right? What happen when the numbers of players drop to an unsustainable number?

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

in Fractured

Posted by: Lukas.3950

Lukas.3950

that is the most horrible update ever. sssssssss gemshop armor recylcing for money and slapping all t3 armor owners, heavy and medium armor classes, fractal lvl 30+ppl in their face, bringing a ton of obvious bugs in the game (like the rezzbug, srslee, did any1 every play the storymode?) and not even fixing other bugs. there is thread on reddit going on … look at that one anet! (eg, clippingbugs with hair, missing animations of eternity ………) i speak for all players, without exception : forget this living story crap for a month and improve the existing content, fixing bugs etc. ….. this update created more rage than ever, learn the kitten from it!

in Fractured

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Now, I wanna be clear, I don’t have a problem with reskins. I do have a problem with gem store reskins.

it seems, to me, that it would be perfectly reasonable to add these skins as part of some MF or crafting recipie, requiring the base skins.

or even sell an item for gems that can upgrade existing armor to a sprakly version, and slowly increase the number of armor sets it supports.

Reskinning prestige armors and selling them for cash is just… lazy. Why bother? Is there some rule from monetization that you have to put of armor every two patches now?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Fractured

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

But this game is all about nice looking skins, so what they do is p2win, for example in another game you have to grind for armor with better stats, and devs adding in game shop best armor for $.

Its just a skin stop with the pay to win bull kitten. And yea i think its pretty messed up that Arenanet is going this route. I mean look at what they were able to do with GW1 and all of its awesome armor and now we get this kitten. Who gave the O.K for those 3 armor sets? It makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

For those wondering what’s next: Arah armor with particle effects! For gems of course.

Flame, of course. Cause everyone/thing has to be a walking fireball…….

in Fractured

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

To be honest what urks me even more now that I think about it, is if they wanted to put out glorified reskins, they could have done it with some of the awesome town clothes and people would cream themselves.

Yea i know a lot of people who would love to buy the town clothes being worn by NPC’s Hell they need to make it so you can skin the Costume brawl armor and hats/shades to combat armor.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Now, I wanna be clear, I don’t have a problem with reskins. I do have a problem with gem store reskins.

it seems, to me, that it would be perfectly reasonable to add these skins as part of some MF or crafting recipie, requiring the base skins.

or even sell an item for gems that can upgrade existing armor to a sprakly version, and slowly increase the number of armor sets it supports.

Reskinning prestige armors and selling them for cash is just… lazy. Why bother? Is there some rule from monetization that you have to put of armor every two patches now?

I agree with this.
Thanks for the fair and reasonable statement.

in Fractured

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would have been very, very okay with that.
Thanks for being constructive.

in Fractured

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

I will go ahead and predict… Oh I hate to say that, but gw2 will be free to play very soon.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I don’t have any problem with these other then the fact that a whole set of flame armor is a bit too much fire for me. If I could by just a piece or two to accent some other set I would. But I’m not going to buy a whole set only to leave 5 pieces in the bank.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

light armor is awesome actually
medium and heavy is i really really bad

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Fractured

Posted by: Zia.6398

Zia.6398

I can’t believe you did that to cultural armor. Well might as well make the others available for every race then too. Line your pockets some more anet.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Seriously, i expected only flames engulfing the character, when I first read the names.^^

in Fractured

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Seriously, i expected only flames engulfing the character, when I first read the names.^^

Too hot!

Literally.

Now I want to be the blue icy guardian flame of the north.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

…gw2 will be free to play very soon.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

ANet do you realize that you only have a game while you have players to play it right? What happen when the numbers of players drop to an unsustainable number?

that’s simple they shutdown the servers and ncsoft moves on to one of its other titles. They fire everyone/move some of the people working on GW2 and then call it a day.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fumi.1705

Fumi.1705

Ok so now everyone can have T3 femal human… now add legendary skins into the gem store and i’ll be set.

in Fractured

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

It’s a slap in the face for those of us that did spend over 100 gold.

jesus!! YEA! and who spend also gems (so real money or anyways more gold) for that t3… and now with burn effect? please fix this!

in Fractured

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

So I spend the +100g to buy this armor in the game.

Spend the gold/real life cash to buy transmutation crystals to transmute it into level 80 exotics.

You then release the ascended tier, making it so that I now have to buy more transmutation crystals to use my T3 cultural armor with ascended stats.

All this, and now you release an updated version of the T3 light human cultural armor THAT ANY RACE CAN USE… for 800 gems?

kitten. You.

Tell me, how long will it take before LEGENDARY WEAPONS are given better effects and sold in the gemstore for 800 gems?

Don’t tell me they wouldn’t do that when they just did with a set of armor that costs 119g to buy with kittening rare stats, are you kittening kidding me?

in Fractured

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I will go ahead and predict… Oh I hate to say that, but gw2 will be free to play very soon.

xD Oh man, I’m not a religious person, but I’m finding myself praying he’s joking. xD

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Fractured

Celestina.2894

I feel you missed the point.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I feel you missed the point.

no, i understand where ppl are comming from, about gold cost, remake of t3s etc.

i am just saying i actually like the light armor skin the way it is made, but i play thief and i find medium skin hella ugly

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Creativewild.6319

updated to better reflect the current “state of the game”:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cultural_armor

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

in Fractured

Pixelpumpkin.4608

updated to better reflect the current “state of the game”:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cultural_armor

Okay, we’re all on the scale somewhere between “puzzled” and “raging”, but there is no excuse for using CAPS on a wiki page.

Anyways, I updated the first post with some of the excellent suggestions of how this could have been awesome. For the future. Maybe someone at ANet’s will read and consider the suggestions. I gave credit where due.

in Fractured

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’m pretty distinctly shocked they used t3 cultural human armor for this design on light human/sylvari/norn. It really feels like a slap in the face for people that bought the cultural armor. I don’t have tier 3 human light, but I would be even more upset if I did. Just feels like nothing is sacred from the gem store at this point.

Sadly in comparison all the other reskins are just particlized “lower end”/karma armor designs. Except the one unique WvW skin for medium, which is just as sad that it is being used here.

Either way it feels in poor taste. While the particle effect is cool, it could of been cooler if taken the time and made more unique.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

in Fractured

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I don’t understand why they would put cultural armor on there for all classes to use. It’s suppose to be special for that race, and letting others races use it is just a slap in the face. I know I planned out my characters based on the cultural look I wanted for them, and if mine where to become available, I would be angry.

Please don’t make a mistake like this again. People will be upset, and they have every right to be.

in Fractured

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

xD Oh man, I’m not a religious person, but I’m finding myself praying he’s joking. xD

So game basically price is 60 bucks, best armor skins 10$ add harvesting tools about 40$ soon they will add legendary skins for 20$.. They will make more profit from gemstore, if player base would be larger, as we not getting expansion.

in Fractured

PopeUrban.2578

everybody is still talking about the t3 cultural. nobody is mentioning the WVW medium. That skin is no short investement to get, even though you can get it for basically achievement points now it is a LOT of wvw tokens.

In fact, only the heavy reskin is a “cheap” skin to acquire in game.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

in Fractured

Creativewild.6319

@Pixelpumpkin – can you please add “Make all other races Tier 3 Light Armor available to all Races”

Thanks

in Fractured

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

everybody is still talking about the t3 cultural. nobody is mentioning the WVW medium. That skin is no short investement to get, even though you can get it for basically achievement points now it is a LOT of wvw tokens.

I was upset about that a bit, until I saw it and realized that it looked like crap. The original is a lot better

in Fractured

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

I bought the the human t3 for my mesmer, sans the helm piece, about a month ago. I spent weeks farming gold to get it, and after seeing the gem store version I’m not happy about it, but I’m not surprised.
I’ve been close to entirely desensitized to seeing armor skins I worked my kitten off to get weeks or months (either via pvp or pve) re-skined or re-released and readily available to anyone down the road.

I seriously hope Anet stops and thinks this practice over, I am sick of seeing this happen in every MMO I play, and it’s not an acceptable path to take to make money. Use those really nice effects (even if it is overused fire themed) on something new, not a rehash, especially something that should remain a race exclusive.

in Fractured

PopeUrban.2578

I was upset about that a bit, until I saw it and realized that it looked like crap. The original is a lot better

Originally, when the tokens were added to achievement chests, I was like ‘well that woulda been easier, but hey, achievement rewards are a great idea!’

It’s not about being upset that your work was undone and you have something to show for it (in my case I was able to spend those new tokens on another set for an alt, and some siege)

It’s about being told that the value of your items is being undermined by the gem store. Not that some rewards were retroactively credited and you got the same thing as everyone else, but that your time spent in game to earn prestige rewards is less important than your willingness to spend 800 gems.

The other gems store skins were perfectly fine because that was the only place to acquire them I use a pieces from the krytan and magitech sets right now because I like the way they look. That armor is, obviously, something i decided to spend gems on. I was willing to spend gems for that unique look, and I didn’t have a problem with it. People know I spent gems, and it doesn’t conflict with armor avaliable ingame. The sets are unique.

I am loathe to spend gems on these new flame armor sets simply because of the message they send to others.

I feel like It’s just walking around saying “yeah, well I have ten bucks so mine is shinier and I don’t have to work for it.”

That’s really the message this sends, and it is not a good one.

I would encourage arenanet to rethink this train of thought, as it sends the wrong message to your players.

in Fractured

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Next, it will be COF armors with green flames. They will call it Toxin-kissed.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

It’s a slap in the face for those of us that did spend over 100 gold.

Not necessarily, if it’s your only T3 set then it still counts toward your Emperor title.

That said, it’s only a small consolation.

ArenaNet need to try harder. A lot, lot harder. This is a whole new low, I’m afraid to say. I thought that using Scarlet as a "go-to" baddie for Thaumanova was bad enough, then I see the lazy armour re-hash.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Fractured

Posted by: RiceWithSticks.4096

RiceWithSticks.4096

Good thing I waited to make the T3 cultural armor for my Human Elementalist. Now I can buy it from the Gem store for less money! And it comes with flames!! TY ANet!!!

in Fractured

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I have a lvl 80 human mesmer and a lvl 80 norn mesmer. I made the human one after the norn one. Can you give a guess on the reason why? sigh

in Fractured

Posted by: cazo.5018

cazo.5018

Two things, ignoring the pay to win argument:

1. All cultural armor should be available to all races. This sets a good precedent for that. Furthermore, it hints at race-changes, which players have been asking for since release.

2. There are already a ton of great light armor skins in the game… not so much for medium. I was very excited to get a new option for my sylvari thief (medium chest pieces that don’t have “butt poof” issues are rare) and I hoped human t3 could satisfy that. I was very disappointed when I found the WvW skin (which looks horrible on Sylvari) instead.

in Fractured

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Just logged in to see this. REALLY bad form anet, it one thing to reuse skins and add particles and what ever, but to take any allow any race to now use the human t3 is just wrong. If you are going to keep this item in the gem store you need to the following,
lock it to human use only, or you will destroy the whole concept of culture armor. and/or return the gold and stone used to get that armor for those of use that have already bought it.

but the biggest things is it need to be locked to humans only (any that have bought it already and are not human will have their gems returned.), then you will release updated culture armor for other races in later updates. This is the only fair option now, anet fix your mistake and fast before it bites you in the kitten .

in Fractured

Posted by: Digital Assasin.5408

Digital Assasin.5408

My feedback anet:

I want a refund for my cultural armor please, you have essentially ruined its exclusivity with your greed.

Also , fire sucks no one likes it…

Kind Regards

Annoyed player