Veteran player, very frustrated.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Developers never prevented us from playing scale over 50, even after numerous tweaks to it. Either they are extremely incompetent or they allowed us to play there.”

Some players specifically asked on these forums for their personal play area on fractals level 50+ to remain. This was fully in the knowledge that the official fractals ended at 50 but these players wanted to challenge themselves for their own personal satisfaction. They argued that no harm was done since these levels had no game function and the rewards did not scale. Some other people did point out that there might be a use for high level fractals later but that did not stop the voices who asked for 50+ to remain open. You might not be able to remember that but I can. You might disbelieve it but it did happen.

“All we are saying, Malafide, is that they could have implemented the new bosses, mechanics from 51 or even 81 "

We all know that putting new content at 51+ is a bad idea at the moment. It is awful for new players starting at level 1, it is awful in terms of AR requirement, and it is awful in terms of mob scaling (more dredge, one hit kills, bloated hp bosses). I have no idea why anyone is suggesting this for a living story update that already offers very little to casual players. Elite players using unique class skills to suffer through the old 50+ content doesn’t make level 50+ suitable for the general player population.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

“Developers never prevented us from playing scale over 50, even after numerous tweaks to it. Either they are extremely incompetent or they allowed us to play there.”

you seem to not have read through the Posts… in the firstplace they encouraged us to go to the highest Level possible. They have metrics on all.. you don’t get 1-80 in a day we took about 2 months to get to 80 right after release… they would have had the time to just say no your not intended to go there they didn’t do it so I think they intended us to go there everything else is just rumors…. soooo since I did somthing they inteded (at least in the firstplace) , I should not have my Progress deleted. Did They ever mention that ppl are intended to Show off they’re strength by using mutiple legendaries? or that they intend you to wear a ascended weapons, did they ever intend you to have more than 20 Gold where is that stated? oooo I guess they didn’t intend it so we should reroll… if you can’t come up with an official Response were a dev actually stats that it was not intended to go to 81 before january patch I will believe you:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“if you can’t come up with an official Response were a dev actually stats that it was not intended to go to 81 before january patch I will believe you:)”

You provide the official response. I’m not the one asking for any update changes here.

As for the encouraging player to go as high as they could – well they obviously thought that sufficient agony to kill players would put a practical cap at 50. That was the design. You are never going to persuade me that they intended or encouraged players to use unique class mechanics (such as the ranger downed state) to go higher than 50.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

“if you can’t come up with an official Response were a dev actually stats that it was not intended to go to 81 before january patch I will believe you:)”

You provide the official response. I’m not the one asking for any update changes here.

As for the encouraging player to go as high as they could – well they obviously thought that sufficient agony to kill players would put a practical cap at 50. That was the design. You are never going to persuade me that they intended or encouraged players to use unique class mechanics (such as the ranger downed state) to go higher than 50.

so they can delete your Gold if your not able to provide an official Statement that it was intended to go over 30 Gold?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Report anyone who flame you as exploit. I do recommend it.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

The “poor little plebeians” still won’t do fractals anyway. There is no justification for lowering the higher end of your player base to meet the lower end.

If arenanet wants this competition to truly be “in earnest”, and they are deleveling people from 50 to 30, people who are at level 30 should get reset to 10.

This, actually.

‘Poor little plebeian’ reporting in. Didn’t care much for fractals before the change due to being stuck behind an rng wall, won’t care for them much after unless the drop rate for the skins is reasonable amazing.

I did ‘hardcore endgame raiding’ in two games for years and crossing expansions, and I’m not particularly interested in ever doing it again due to always having the rug pulled out from under me whenever there was an update.

Honestly I feel for you guys. It’s probably one of the worst feelings in modern gaming.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Fractured

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Would their gear get removed? No.

Is the gear useful anymore? No
Are your previous fractal rewards (all items including fractal skins) being removed with reset? No

So your point is moot. The only thing changing is a number that for starters nobody knows except you and a select few that may because they run fractals with you. On top of that it only determines reward and difficulty scale. Which again deserves compensation why? Should I be compensated because I started to gain Wxp early but ArenaNet decided to double Wxp gain rates. Should I mail support right now to complain that instead of being at 350 WvW rank I should be 700 since I started early but missed out on increased Wxp gains that they later for everyone who apparently didn’t “work hard” . This is like a reset since my true WvW rank is 700 (if I started after the change) since it was easier to get wxp and I could spend the same amount of time previous for double the levels.

Should I write to ArenaNet complaining about PvP MMR reset? I worked really hard to get a good MMR so I will be matched with good players on my team to increase my W:L ratio to progress on the PvP Leaderboards. Now I’m stuck with people who are new or aren’t good should I complain and whine for compensation?

If the answer is no then why do some Fractal players feel they are entitled to some form of compensation when other players on other game modes (which again has significantly less rewards) do not get compensation for their changes that greatly affected them.

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Are your previous fractal rewards (all items including fractal skins) being removed with reset? No

So your point is moot. The only thing changing is a number that for starters nobody knows except you and a select few that may because they run fractals with you. On top of that it only determines reward and difficulty scale. Which again deserves compensation why? Should I be compensated because I started to gain Wxp early but ArenaNet decided to double Wxp gain rates. Should I mail support right now to complain that instead of being at 350 WvW rank I should be 700 since I started early but missed out on increased Wxp gains that they later for everyone who apparently didn’t “work hard” . This is like a reset since my true WvW rank is 700 (if I started after the change) since it was easier to get wxp and I could spend the same amount of time previous for double the levels.

Should I write to ArenaNet complaining about PvP MMR reset? I worked really hard to get a good MMR so I will be matched with good players on my team to increase my W:L ratio to progress on the PvP Leaderboards. Now I’m stuck with people who are new or aren’t good should I complain and whine for compensation?

If the answer is no then why do some Fractal players feel they are entitled to some form of compensation when other players on other game modes (which again has significantly less rewards) do not get compensation for their changes that greatly affected them.

well both your arguements are flawed comparisons. if something is buffed you don’t get compensation, if something is being added you don’t get compensation. For pvp there were people abusing the fact that you could sync with people in solo queue, and it was flawed, and it was for a leaderboard already, it’s not like if you were a tiger you were pushed down to wolf.

in Fractured

CuRtoKy.8576

This patch is trying to address these issues by making fractal more rewarding, ways for people to see accomplishments, along with adding systems that allow for more interesting fractal play beyond higher damage and hp mobs which is again not very interesting for most players in gw2. Originally Fractals wasn’t called an infinite dungeon. (Reference: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/) Official information about Fractals of the Mist on the home page. Nowhere does it say Infinite on release information. Recently it was added in for the next patch.

Side note:

Something interesting I found about this supposed “hard core” fractal community. All paraphrased.

1. We didn’t care about rewards or anything. We knew rewards don’t change beyond 50+. We just wanted to do higher fractals because it was fun and challenging for us. Response to patch: Where is my compensation? I want to be rewarded for my progress/progression. So what is it?

2. We don’t want a leaderboard. Most people wouldn’t care about this. Response to patch: We worked really to get to higher fractals. Now you are resetting our levels and we are losing all of our hard work, effort, and accomplishments. We want something to show for that. But isn’t that what ArenaNet wants to do? So that people can show off their accomplishments.

So what do people really want? Limited access? Exclusivity? Platinum club for high level fractal players? Because the patch is trying to get more people to do fractals and make it more inclusive to the rest of the player base.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

CuRtoKy.8576

well both your arguements are flawed comparisons. if something is buffed you don’t get compensation, if something is being added you don’t get compensation. For pvp there were people abusing the fact that you could sync with people in solo queue, and it was flawed, and it was for a leaderboard already, it’s not like if you were a tiger you were pushed down to wolf.

Nobody expects compensation. But levels don’t matter in PvP it is meaningless besides getting new stuff from vendors and certain skins with a perma finisher. Fractals have much less. The number only represents difficulty and reward scale. So in this case they are similar.

How does lowering fractal level affect much? Say 60 to 30? Reward scale. Difficulty (although questionable). You keep every reward you had already if you gave that up I’d agree with everyone complaining. sPvP if today you lose your sPvP levels but kept your finisher. What do you lose? Skins you can acquire from vendors. The number really doesn’t mean much. Unlike say PvE Levels where they unlock skills. Big difference from level 50 PvE Warrior compared to level 80 PvE Warrior if reset ever happened. Locked skills, slots, items unable to be used. What I’m pointing out is these players are arguing something silly. Silly examples I used are to put what they are asking into perspective because of the “value” of the Fractal Level.

in Fractured

A Massive Headache.1879

Nobody expects compensation. But levels don’t matter in PvP it is meaningless besides getting new stuff from vendors and certain skins with a perma finisher. Fractals have much less. The number only represents difficulty and reward scale. So in this case they are similar.

How does lowering fractal level affect much? Say 60 to 30? Reward scale. Difficulty (although questionable). You keep every reward you had already if you gave that up I’d agree with everyone complaining. sPvP if today you lose your sPvP levels but kept your finisher. What do you lose? Skins you can acquire from vendors. The number really doesn’t mean much. Unlike say PvE Levels where they unlock skills. Big difference from level 50 PvE Warrior compared to level 80 PvE Warrior if reset ever happened. Locked skills, slots, items unable to be used. What I’m pointing out is these players are arguing something silly. Silly examples I used are to put what they are asking into perspective because of the “value” of the Fractal Level.

Well actually yeah, you have access to different rewards with higher rank in pvp. and as for fractals higher level fractals have more and better drops. I’m fairly sure they stated when making it the higher you go the drop tables have less empty spaces and even better drop tables, essentially better magic find.

in Fractured

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

my thoughts exactly, like the fractle patch, the soon the precursor scavenger hunt will devalue the prestige of legendary weapon, why should some lazy bum get what i earned by months on months of farmed with any effort less than what i put out

in Fractured

A Massive Headache.1879

my thoughts exactly, like the fractle patch, the soon the precursor scavenger hunt will devalue the prestige of legendary weapon, why should some lazy bum get what i earned by months on months of farmed with any effort less than what i put out

except the precursor hunt doesn’t actually hurt or bring down anyone who had already had a legendary.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You got compensated for MF-change. You complain about the compensation. And then you can’t understand why we complain when we get NO compensation? I understand you aren’t losing anything but you aren’t the center of the world.
Again, we are complaining about the time lost. Time can be spent on other things than just items. Please ask if you don’t understand the situation.

As have been mentioned multiple times before, your gold is also just a number. Remove all your gold, it’s just a number.
If you feel like you should get a compensation then please make your own topic instead of hi-jacking this. I honestly won’t care if you get compensated (I’m not that selfish).

Most of the posts in this topic could be just summed up: I have no idea about the situation but a) I’m not losing anything and b) These guys have something which I don’t, so I hope they all suffer.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran speaking to you, i approve this message ! But honestly, i’m not that upset if we can have fractals leaderboard

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Again, we are complaining about the time lost. Time can be spent on other things than just items. Please ask if you don’t understand the situation.

As have been mentioned multiple times before, your gold is also just a number. Remove all your gold, it’s just a number.
If you feel like you should get a compensation then please make your own topic instead of hi-jacking this. I honestly won’t care if you get compensated (I’m not that selfish).

A) Gold can be spent on items so it has a value. You can do absolutely nothing with your “Personal Reward Level” in Fractals. Nothing. Not one thing. No one sees your level except for you.

B) I need help with the time lost argument: how did you lose time exactly? You played X hours of X dungeon and got X rewards over the course of that time. So, what did you lose? You basically farmed mini dungeons over and over for gear, skins, mats, gold, experience playing the game, fun, etc. etc. If they took every bit of reward you had obtained from FoTM that’s one thing, but you want to be compensated for hours playing something that has already yielded you compensation in the form of money, gear, skins? Are you telling me, us, that the ONLY reason you did FoTM was for that little number in the upper right corner that only you can see?

No, I don’t buy that for a second and nobody else does. People grinded FoTM for higher and higher reward levels, which the benefits have already been obtained via drops. You don’t get double compensated. So your reward levels is pushed down to 30, OK, so what, you still kept all of your rewards from before and they are revamping 30+ FoTM to make it even more rewarding. You aren’t out anything at all, not even your time…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

B) I need help with the time lost argument: how did you lose time exactly? You played X hours of X dungeon and got X rewards over the course of that time. So, what did you lose? You basically farmed mini dungeons over and over for gear, skins, mats, gold, experience playing the game, fun, etc. etc. If they took every bit of reward you had obtained from FoTM that’s one thing, but you want to be compensated for hours playing something that has already yielded you compensation in the form of money, gear, skins? Are you telling me, us, that the ONLY reason you did FoTM was for that little number in the upper right corner that only you can see?

It has long been understood and agreed upon that fractals is one of the worst pve content for time/effort vs reward.

We were promised unlimited dungeons with increasing rewards. I spent time, energy, and effort going through the current content, so that I would be in front of the line for when (if) new content came out.

I now have to go through a 2nd time gate (not skill gate) to obtain the best rewards. Somebody that did less work and spent less time in the same content is now on the same page.

Equity.

Not to mention the challenge aspect. Fractals has been considered the hardest PvE content by some people. If I can do level 50 instability on day one, well then it’s a pretty bad fail.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I was honestly shocked when I read that update. My personal Fractal level is only 38 so I am not loosing a whole lot. I know there are people out there who have worked thier fractal level well above 60 by repeating odd number fractals.

The only reward for this was challenge and the reward level. Everyone knows that those players were not repeating those Fractals for the rewards.

Now sure those players are good enough to get their Fractal level back up there. I undestand the thought process by starting everyone back off at 30 for the leaderboards but this is not an esport.

You are taking hard earned progress away from players for nothing in return. This is a mistake.

in Fractured

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

A) Gold can be spent on items so it has a value. You can do absolutely nothing with your “Personal Reward Level” in Fractals. Nothing. Not one thing. No one sees your level except for you.

No, I don’t buy that for a second and nobody else does. People grinded FoTM for higher and higher reward levels, which the benefits have already been obtained via drops. You don’t get double compensated. So your reward levels is pushed down to 30, OK, so what, you still kept all of your rewards from before and they are revamping 30+ FoTM to make it even more rewarding. You aren’t out anything at all, not even your time…

This.

They are resetting fractal levels because they are introducing the new mistlock effects which are level specific.
Why should a player who exploited there way to level 80 and received the level based rewards for doing so get a free meal ticket over the other players who will have to level up through the more challenging content to get there. Here is a carrot and here is a stick pick one because weather you like it or not the patch is coming tomorrow and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Fractured

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

If you actually took the time to read my post properly you would have read the bit were I mentioned the patch is coming weather you like it or not. so you can

a.) be optimistic and try and enjoy the patch.
Carrot.

b.) or be pessimistic and not enjoy it.
Stick.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

JMar.3254

It is a common misconception.

It is actually common knowledge that no exploits are necessary to do 50+

Carrot. Stick.

Is that supposed to mean something? That expression that you are using incorrectly is meant to discuss a reward that is never able to be reached, in order to get the subject to do something.

I’m not sure how getting to 80 by exploiting is a common misconception has anything to do with this expression.

If you actually took the time to read my post properly you would have read the bit were I mentioned the patch is coming weather you like it or not. so you can

Carrot.

Stick.

Yeah…. no. Still incorrect usage. As against, it’s referring to the method in which you get somebody to do something. You either offer a reward or punishment.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Carrot.

Stick.
[/quote]

Yeah…. no. Still incorrect usage. As against, it’s referring to the method in which you get somebody to do something. You either offer a reward or punishment.

[/quote]

Wasn’t shocked at level update. I personally don’t care cause I can make up the levels I will lose /(>.<)/. I found high level fractals boring and unchallenging and hope this update fixes it. However, It probably won’t so I am expecting a 50+ reset next year. Cause they will/are going to keep adding layers of difficulty to fotm so that difficulty scales in an interesting way.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

I think ANET reset everyone 30+ to 30 for two reasons:

1. To ensure there is a bigger chunk of population to play the new content
2. To reduce forum tears from failing at Mai Trinn at higher level fractals

But, I do agree people who are 30+ currently should get some retro rewards similar to what people got for achievements beyond 2500 mark. I don’t mind if they distribute the rewards on a daily basis.

This means, a player at lvl 49 FotM will get 18 reward windows that you get from daily chests at Fractals starting from lvl 31 equivalent till lvl 48.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in Fractured

JMar.3254

I think ANET reset everyone 30+ to 30 for two reasons:

1. To ensure there is a bigger chunk of population to play the new content
2. To reduce forum tears from failing at Mai Trinn at higher level fractals

Everybody seems to claim to know what the developers intended. Some have even gone as far as saying the developers did not intend for everybody to melee bosses.

Anet has said they are resetting levels due to leaderboards. Until one claims a different reason, this is all we have to go on. Otherwise we are arguing about assumptions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It has long been understood and agreed upon that fractals is one of the worst pve content for time/effort vs reward.

We were promised unlimited dungeons with increasing rewards. I spent time, energy, and effort going through the current content, so that I would be in front of the line for when (if) new content came out.

I now have to go through a 2nd time gate (not skill gate) to obtain the best rewards. Somebody that did less work and spent less time in the same content is now on the same page.

Equity.

Not to mention the challenge aspect. Fractals has been considered the hardest PvE content by some people. If I can do level 50 instability on day one, well then it’s a pretty bad fail.

But you are at the front of the line…it sounds like you are specifically miffed that, even though you are at the front of the line, that people who didn’t work as hard are also at the front of the line. That’s a personal problem, not a problem with the design. Yes, they are on the same page, but they missed out on 50 levels of FoTM drops that you got to enjoy. You maintain that equity in the form of skins, gear, gold, etc, that you’ve obtained, not to mention being probably 10x better at FoTM than pretty much anyone else.

The ones that didn’t work as hard do not have any of that to show. I get that you feel short-changed, that your hard work is not being recognized, but to be completely candid, your hard work was never recognized. No one knows what your Personal Reward level is or was, and nobody cares.

They’ve revamped the rewards for the new 30+, so for all you know FoTM80 drops will be in line with FoTM30 drops and FoTM50 drops will far exceed the old FoTM80 drops. You simply don’t know and it’s all RNG anyway so it makes no difference.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

JMar.3254

But you are at the front of the line…it sounds like you are specifically miffed that, even though you are at the front of the line, that people who didn’t work as hard are also at the front of the line. That’s a personal problem, not a problem with the design. Yes, they are on the same page, but they missed out on 50 levels of FoTM drops that you got to enjoy. You maintain that equity in the form of skins, gear, gold, etc, that you’ve obtained, not to mention being probably 10x better at FoTM than pretty much anyone else.

The ones that didn’t work as hard do not have any of that to show. I get that you feel short-changed, that your hard work is not being recognized, but to be completely candid, your hard work was never recognized. No one knows what your Personal Reward level is or was, and nobody cares.

They’ve revamped the rewards for the new 30+, so for all you know FoTM80 drops will be in line with FoTM30 drops and FoTM50 drops will far exceed the old FoTM80 drops. You simply don’t know and it’s all RNG anyway so it makes no difference.

I appreciate you being reasonable. Although I disagree with you, I can’t really say you’re wrong, just a difference of opinions.

However, do keep in mind that we already completed one time gate to get to 50, in which now we have to double up and complete another time gate to get back to 50.

I could keep my level. If I go try to do 49/50 and succeed, well resetting me is silly since it’s just another time gate, no skill needed.

If I fail, then I’ll have to start lower, say 41, 42, and practice, working my way up. Which would also make the reset unnecssary since I have to practice anyway.

It’s just bad implementation. Or lazy. or both.

in Fractured

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Equity.

Online Games are not made to be fair or predictable. With that said, I do understand why some players might be upset about those changes, however there’s no so called Veteran status in GW2.

Now if you spend the rest of your life inside fractals (prior and upcoming) than that’s your choice. The choice you made for yourself as you took the marketing/advertising phrase “play how you want” to a new level and interpreted it your way. To no time there has been a promise made by the company that doing so would earn you an advantage over other players.

GW2 is and has been different compared to other games and sadly if you spend hours of grinding you’re not being rewarded since this game is based on the more casual way of playing. All those things are not new and have been an issue for months (Anet removing items, adding items, reducing the price of the actual game etc.) and I think with that in mind, you guys have yet to learn that impulse decisions are bad.

Therefore the topic itself is nice and I am all for bringing this to Anet’s attention, but it’s invalid since Anet never released any patch notes with the promise of changing rewards/progression on Veteran Accounts.

in Fractured

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Hard grawl shaman? I lol’d.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian