22 Chests opened, nothing unique

in Halloween Event

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

The Age of Entitlement

Why don’t you try refunding your lottery tickets at the gas station after you scratch it off and see how well that goes.

What you “expect” or think you “deserve” to get out of the chests is irrelevant. At no point did Anet give any expectations as to the drop rate of the items in the chest, nor did they force you to open any chests.

You made a conscious decision to buy keys, based on whatever preconceived notions you had concerning the drop rate of items, which ultimately ended up being far removed from reality.

It’s your own fault for making assumptions and impulsively acting on it, especially if doing so was outside of what you could reasonably afford.

Finally. Someone intelligent.

I really don’t see what the commotion is all about. It’s chance. It’s not like ANet said you will get new skin per 5 chests you opened.

Out of 100 chests…getting nothing is not a “chance”

sigh

“Out of 200 lottery ticket, I did not win the lottery.. This is not a chance.”

Define “chance”. Does it say you will instantly get the item?

Wait, nevermind.. There is no point arguing to someone disappointed. I cannot “un-disappoint” you for expecting too much.

The fact of the matter is guy.. This is a game.. this is entertainment.. There is no logical reason for them to make the drop chance this poor. All they are doing it pushing away people that will give them money.

The game is entertainment – yes. I whole heartedly agree.

The event is a gamble. No one told us that we will all get the skins.

Let me define “Chance”

chance/CHans/
Noun: A possibility of something happening.
Adjective: Fortuitous; accidental.
Verb: Do something by accident or without design: “if they chanced to meet”.

Obviously, we use Noun on our discussion.

“A possibility of something happening” tantamount to “A possibility of something not happening.”

Anyways, I sympathize with the frustrated people. Don’t gamble what you can’t/don’t want to lose (ie: money).

Yeah that’s great. Now explain to me, why, a the designers of a halloween event decided to make us gamble on getting costumes and halloween based items?

The problem isn’t that we fail to understand what the word “chance” means. By the way, thanks for linking a dictionary entry for a word. Now look up “irrelevant” and “straw man fallacy”.

Because it’s an event. Where is the thrill when they just give it away? It’s like a souvenir.

And if you do understand “chance”, why all the rage? Maybe you and I have different understanding of “chance”.

Maybe for you, chance is like “I open 200 chest, I will get atleast 1 event item” but mine is “I will open 200 chests and I might get atleast 1 event item”

Isn’t it?

And no, I did not link the dictionary meaning, I copy+pasted it. And you’re welcome.
And no, I don’t need to lookup “irrelevant” and “straw man fallacy” because they are both irrelevant to the point we are discussing.

Cheers!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

On the page that details the event a message of:

each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!

which i thought meant each chest gave a skin just the weapon type was random.

Now this is my thought wrong or not. Anet never gave any other info on drop rate. So by not doing so they have tricked many into spending real cash on gems for keys(thankfully i had some to test).

this and the confusion just turned me off playing for now. it even made me make my first post.

my 2c

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fallconn.6480

fallconn.6480

I would expect that people should get some kind of return on investment when spending as much or more than a monthly subscription in another game for gems. I have to admit that I have spent twice as much as a monthly sub for keys and didn’t get anything close to my money’s worth.

I have a feeling that we are going to see a huge surplus of chests after the horrible lack of rewards they provide.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Depo.9071

Depo.9071

each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!

Nope. That sentence would be: “each Black Lion Chest you open gives you one of six randomly chosen Halloween-themed weapon skins!”

Just sayin

in Halloween Event

Posted by: matt.8960

matt.8960

Now this is my thought wrong or not. Anet never gave any other info on drop rate. So by not doing so they have tricked many into spending real cash on gems for keys(thankfully i had some to test).

this and the confusion just turned me off playing for now. it even made me make my first post.

my 2c

I feel similar. I’ve played other F2P games, and I have liberally supported ANet with gems since GW2 went live. Now I feel like I’m playing the same old cash grabbing F2P games. I have better ways to spend my time than supporting a game where the devs won’t even respond to the complaints anyway.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Not a single thing from black lion chests. My game updated, I have candy corn in my bags. I spent 50 USD and 10 gold (all I had in game) on black lion keys and didn’t get a single skin.

People in my guild have opened 1 chest and got a skin that they instantly sold for upwards of 20 gold.

Enjoy my cash, Arena Net.

Edit: Also, 1g = 73 gems right now, so that’s pretty cool too.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”

But then there’s the equally true adage:

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

I rather doubt people will buy keys on future holidays.

Isn’t it more along the lines of “chances are people won’t ever let ANet near their money again, ever.”?

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

I’m not looking to have everything handed to me for free, but come on. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect something for a $20 investment in keys. I want to support the game, but throw us a bone here. It leaves a really bad taste in your mouth to spend that much and get absolutely nothing for it.

Talking about the lottery here is irrelevant. This isn’t the lottery.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ato.4615

Ato.4615

$20.00 gone, not falling for it again. Would have been nice to get something Halloween related, the standard chest rewards aren’t worth money. Feel like I was baited in to buying the useless crap chest keys

in Halloween Event

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Thanks for adding to the ‘self righteous, flamebaiting fanboys’ pile. Need to keep those even.

Try harder next time please.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

Yeah, the drop rate seems to be lower than a percent. It’s probably more worthwhile to just buy the skins off the TP with the drop rate. Not worth it.

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Meek.2651

Meek.2651

I just opened up literally 100 chests and no skins. That means the rate is probably 1% of getting skin.
Done spending extra money on this game.

in Halloween Event

knives.6345

I’m not looking to have everything handed to me for free, but come on. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect something for a $20 investment in keys. I want to support the game, but throw us a bone here. It leaves a really bad taste in your mouth to spend that much and get absolutely nothing for it.

Talking about the lottery here is irrelevant. This isn’t the lottery.

Keyword is expect. It means that you are strongly believing that something will happen. However, it kinda contradicts with chance, as with chance, something may or may not happen.

:)

I really understand the frustration, but it might not be a lottery but it’s a gamble.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lazyaznkid.6305

lazyaznkid.6305

That sux, I only opened like 10 boxes and I got 2 of em.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah, the drop rate seems to be lower than a percent. It’s probably more worthwhile to just buy the skins off the TP with the drop rate. Not worth it.

Yeah when I spent 50 dollars and all of my in game gold I was excited to see what I’d get. When I opened the chests and got nothing but the standard crap that would just sit in my bank I was pretty kitten off to say the least.

I really disagree with RNG based crap like this for event items. All it does is cause greedy kittens to hoard the stuff and try to control yet another market on the trading post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ato.4615

Ato.4615

I spent $20.00 got nothing. Won’t be falling for it again. The drop rates for a cash item need to be rewarding.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eon.5428

Eon.5428

So idk about everyone else opinion but to me the dev silence on the skin deal sends a pretty clear message.

Basically to me the silence says that they know they messed up and are trying to be very carefull about how they handle the huge PR issue this has become because this doesn’t only effect this event but you can bet future events people will remember what happened and how Anet responded so choosing the right course of action for something like this can significantly impact weather or not their game is a success.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

do magic find help chest openings?

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Halloween Event

Posted by: laverinth.5126

laverinth.5126

There is nothing game ruining about these items. Nothing that adds any sort of pay-to-win issue. They’re nifty skins. Getting them won’t make your experience with the game any better or worse. ANET hasn’t forced you to do anything.

It was a chance. Spending that much right off the bat was simply an unwise decision. you should always do research on something before dumping money on a chance and expecting anything.

There are plenty of other things to do with the event. I for one will be enjoying them. If I don’t get every last possible vanity item that can be found this year then so be it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nighthawk.6453

Nighthawk.6453

Guys, this are unique skins. Do you understand it? There will be no other time to get them the next whole year. It’s like legendary weapons, there has to be few of them, otherwise they will be just ordinary thing that everyone has. Their cost is defined by how much of them are available, you wouldn’t want to get that skin if everybody around will wear it, even if it looks cool. Imagine if everyone will run with chainsaws, that would be horrible!

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

I spent $20.00 got nothing. Won’t be falling for it again. The drop rates for a cash item need to be rewarding.

Exactly. I can see them being rare drops at that % of a drop, but for something I give them money for I feel a bit kitten off. I had every upgrade for GW1, every costume, content pack, etc. 12 character slots, all storage slots, TONS of cash shop stuff.

I have currently bought 1 bag slot on my main and 4 bank slots for my account. I am no stranger to giving Anet money, but if this is how crap is going to be with the chests and if there is no reward for shelling out cash, then I’m not gonna even bother anymore.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

They definatly ripped off people with this one.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

Complete rip off. I won’t be buying keys ever again under any circumstance.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

They definatly ripped off people with this one.

Agreed. My jaw literally dropped when I spent the cash and gold on keys and got not ONE Halloween item from it. I couldn’t believe it. I figured Anet would be better than that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: elsbeth.3567

elsbeth.3567

A drop rate where you can spend the cost of the game itself and not get anything is not only immoral but just not good business. If people got a little something, they’d keep coming back for more.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Complete rip off. I won’t be buying keys ever again under any circumstance.

Agreed. I’m kitten off that I bought the costumes before the keys or else I wouldn’t have even bought those. I’m pretty surprised and upset at this. Especially after all the defense I give Anet currently and in the past about them not being nickel and dimers and being good with their cash shop.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jenvo.3578

Jenvo.3578

Guys, these are unique skins. Do you understand it? There will be no other time to get them the next whole year. It’s like legendary weapons, there has to be few of them, otherwise they will be just ordinary thing that everyone has. Their cost is defined by how much of them are available, you wouldn’t want to get that skin if everybody around will wear it, even if it looks cool. Imagine if everyone will run with chainsaws, that would be horrible!

…And I think the thread should end here. That is the point that needed to be made.

in Halloween Event

epicsmooth.7825

Lol I swear people these days.

Bet some of you complained about not getting an unusual in TF2? or stuff from other games.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

40 chest opened, the same 2 pauldron’s this is completly kitten, I mean really, put them up for GEMS and I will buy all of them, but a gamble and then benefy some of them cause they were lucky to open 1 chest and get one of them? Is totally ridiculous, I’m really fed up right now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

Keyword is expect. It means that you are strongly believing that something will happen. However, it kinda contradicts with chance, as with chance, something may or may not happen.

I really understand the frustration, but it might not be a lottery but it’s a gamble.

Actually, it doesn’t contradict with ‘chance’ at all, because different events have different probabilities of occuring. If someone approaches me on the street they might: 1) ask for directions, or 2) give me $1000. Both have a chance of happening, but which do you think is more likely?

Quite obviously, everyone knew this was only a chance, but expected the odds to be much higher than they appear to be.

Speaking of “expectations”, here’s the thing: ANet wants people to buy stuff from the gem store. It is a big part of their business model. If players learn not to expect a return on this kind of investment, they won’t do it in the future. I know I’ve already decided not to buy keys for future holidays. It’s in ANet’s best interest, if they want to make money off these things, to actually reward people for spending their money.

Expect a reward = profit. It’s really that simple. People will remember this and won’t fall for the same thing twice.

in Halloween Event

Meek.2651

Actually, it doesn’t contradict with ‘chance’ at all, because different events have different probabilities of occuring. If someone approaches me on the street they might: 1) ask for directions, or 2) give me $1000. Both have a chance of happening, but which do you think is more likely?

Quite obviously, everyone knew this was only a chance, but expected the odds to be much higher than they appear to be.

Speaking of “expectations”, here’s the thing: ANet wants people to buy stuff from the gem store. It is a big part of their business model. If players learn not to expect a return on this kind of investment, they won’t do it in the future. I know I’ve already decided not to buy keys for future holidays. It’s in ANet’s best interest, if they want to make money off these things, to actually reward people for spending their money.

Expect a reward = profit. It’s really that simple. People will remember this and won’t fall for the same thing twice.

Amen

in Halloween Event

epicsmooth.7825

All this thread does is remind me of unusual hats from TF2

in Halloween Event

knives.6345

Guys, this are unique skins. Do you understand it? There will be no other time to get them the next whole year. It’s like legendary weapons, there has to be few of them, otherwise they will be just ordinary thing that everyone has. Their cost is defined by how much of them are available, you wouldn’t want to get that skin if everybody around will wear it, even if it looks cool. Imagine if everyone will run with chainsaws, that would be horrible!

Ding! Ding! Ding!
We got a winner. I was waiting for someone (who is complaining) to realize this but well, you said it first.

</thread>

in Halloween Event

PolarTank.5902

Guys, these are unique skins. Do you understand it? There will be no other time to get them the next whole year. It’s like legendary weapons, there has to be few of them, otherwise they will be just ordinary thing that everyone has. Their cost is defined by how much of them are available, you wouldn’t want to get that skin if everybody around will wear it, even if it looks cool. Imagine if everyone will run with chainsaws, that would be horrible!

…And I think the thread should end here. That is the point that needed to be made.

except you can try for legendary all year… so its not the same and your not baited into legendary weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

The gold/gem exchange rate is temporarily quite high. The drop rate of skins is abysmal.

For about 20usd or12g, if you want the chainsaw, or 5g or less for most other things, you can get any item that you want.

You don’t need to buy 200 keys or spend 50 dollars and 10 gold on keys. Just search the item you want, and buy it from a player for gold.

You’re welcome.

Also, things will probably get more expensive, as the market saturates with gems, so you may want to hurry.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Not really, Epicsmooth. Just refer to this thread here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/22-Chests-opened-nothing-unique/page/3#post507871

When I spend almost the price of a brand new copy of the game and get NOTHING from it, there is a problem. I am advising all of my friends and guildies not to waste their money on this or future events because of this. I am hoping that Anet does right and makes amends for this because I am not the only one that got ripped off.

in Halloween Event

PotatoOverdose.6583

I’m just going to leave this here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Cash-Gems-Gold-Skins

You’re welcome.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Made my own thread about this as well. I spent 50$ and 10g and got not 1 skin. People I know have usekitteny (from personal story or luck) and gotten a skin. I’m a little kitten off.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep, the joy of randomized festivities in a “fun” event. The only people having fun here are the people who are going to buy out all of the skins and own the market themselves.

in Halloween Event

PotatoOverdose.6583

Yep, the joy of randomized festivities in a “fun” event. The only people having fun here are the people who are going to buy out all of the skins and own the market themselves.

Had actually thought about doing this, but decided to go for the RL karma for helping people after realizing my own stupidity after buying 30 keys.

in Halloween Event

Meek.2651

This reminds me of another MMO I used to play. Won’t name the MMO but the developers made this slot machine thing where you can get rare items only obtainable through the slot machine. Cost basically $1 per play. Percentage of getting item was low. And after about 2-3months of milking the slot machine, they released all the items gradually into normal cash shop. /cutwrists

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

The drop rates are terrible. This is the first thing about GW2 that’s actually left a bad taste in my mouth.

The items from BLC should have had a higher drop rate and should have been account bound. Seeing some of the items on the TP for 50g is insane. At least cap how much people can auction holiday items like this off for or something, ANYTHING.

really disappointed at this point.

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

Does anybody know if these are going to be the same items every year? As far as weapon skins go, I mean.

in Halloween Event

Jenvo.3578

except you can try for legendary all year… so its not the same and your not baited into legendary weapons

You completely missed the point and just pointed out a flaw in his explanation. I’m not going to reexplain his point, so I would ask you to read it again.

in Halloween Event

PolarTank.5902

The gold/gem exchange rate is temporarily quite high. The drop rate of skins is abysmal.

For about 20usd or12g, if you want the chainsaw, or 5g or less for most other things, you can get any item that you want.

You don’t need to buy 200 keys or spend 50 dollars and 10 gold on keys. Just search the item you want, and buy it from a player for gold.

You’re welcome.

Also, things will probably get more expensive, as the market saturates with gems, so you may want to hurry.

items already cost more and more gems are needed for gold 100 gems for 80 silver last i checked

in Halloween Event

TehPwnerer.7215

"

The drop rates are terrible. This is the first thing about GW2 that’s actually left a bad taste in my mouth.

The items from BLC should have had a higher drop rate and should have been account bound. Seeing some of the items on the TP for 50g is insane. At least cap how much people can auction holiday items like this off for or something, ANYTHING.

really disappointed at this point."

EXACTLY!

This is my biggest complaint is that these events are supposed to be fun and enjoyable for everyone. Right now all it is is people getting lucky and being greedy to the rest of everyone else. People are selling some of the items for over 30 gold in map chat on my server.

in Halloween Event

PotatoOverdose.6583

The point is, you can get any item you want except the chainsword for 5 gold (chainsword is 11 right now). 99% chance you wont get any item you want for 5 (or 11) gold worth of keys.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

Yes, however, I am special and deserve to have MY own cool skins so that I may be one of those guys with the cool/rare/unique weapon skins. It is not fair that the chances are so low for me so that I may not get what I deserve. Which is to be a special butterfly that stands out from the pack.

Why do you not understand my needs?!

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

Jenvo.3578

I’m just going to leave this here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Cash-Gems-Gold-Skins

You’re welcome.

That’s exactly what I have been telling other players, didn’t know if it was really a great idea though. From the looks of it, it was.

The choices here are simple: try to get skins yourself through BLCs, or buy from those who were lucky.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reginold.8536

Reginold.8536

This is the last straw, Anet and Guild Wars 2 have been a bit disappointing but this definitely takes the cake. Even if these skins are rare, people spending hard earned money shouldn’t have to feel like crap when they see NOTHING Halloween-themed drop.