22 Chests opened, nothing unique

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Whiskeyjack.4569

Whiskeyjack.4569

Kimbald.2697,
The problem i have here is that they misled NO ONE. The skins are in the chests, people have gotten them I think i even got one but acidently sold it because i didn’t realize what it was. People ASSUMED the chest would be better. There is no change in the drop rate and heck i have gotten more keys today since launch.

This is about people being a victim of their own greed. ANET promised nothing different and players are acting like THIS is the event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Orian.3015

Orian.3015

If we are such a minority, why are you the only one trying to argue agaisnt us?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Allusir.5630

Allusir.5630

You are not guaranteed to receive a rare item after opening a Black Lion Chest. You have a chance to get a unique/rare item. Some people are luckier than others. The Halloween skins are tradeable, so if you aren’t able to get them in a Black Lion Chest, you can obtain them on the Trading Post.

I agree with many of the people who have posted here. I’m going to try to repeat as little as I can in this post of what’s already been said. There is a serious problem here indeed.

Because I like how ArenaNet has done things in the past, I have been choosing to pay $10-20 per month on fun items. Not because I really needed them (most of them are sitting in my bank still) but because I wanted to support the game and the company that makes it. I spent $50 today in excitement of the holiday events, something I always enjoyed in Guild Wars 1. I am beginning to feel my support is a mistake. Not only because of what has happened, but especially because of the response given.

I look through 20 pages of responses with an overwhelming number of people saying close to the same thing, as well as people linking and quoting from other forum sites also saying the same thing and I’m shocked at the one response.

Your response, Regina, was cold. It showed no remorse or tone of apology for the fact that there was at the very least a miss communication.

~ There is now a chance to get new Halloween-themed weapon skins by opening Black Lion Chests. All weapon skins are tradable. ~

No where in there does it say the word rare. It says Halloween-themed. There is nothing that implies super rare. So if you are going to use the word rare in your response, and stress the word chance as if quoting your advertisement, then the word rare had better be in that copy as well.

As for your comment that the items can be traded, that’s also quite heartless. The prices that these items are already at is an unreachable price for the average player, let alone casual players. This cost will go up, as a few have already pointed out, to legendary costs. Your casual comment about using the trade post has a tone that seems to imply it’s no big deal.

The tone of your comment has belittled your customers. People you call a community, something far closer than mere business transactions. It has made it seem like they should have known better, and that they do not have a legitimate problem. 20 pages and growing is a legitimate problem. It should have been addressed with far more care than it was, even at the point of page 5. As a fellow person in the public / community relations industry I am appalled.

I doubt this event will stop people from playing the game. It is amazing work, some of the best in the industry. But, if you want your company’s ethics, which are so highly marketed, to match the level of the art you have made then there is some work to be done. If you want to keep the loyalty of of players and community that ArenaNet has worked so hard for over the last number of years, there is a lot of work to be done.

(edited by Allusir.5630)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Whiskeyjack, when you bought something on the GW1 shop, what were the odds than?

people were right to believe those would be the odds for GW2 as well.

And i stated it before:

all they needed to do is add some minor event rewards, candy corn and sillyness.
Maybe a few pieces of common Halloween town clothing. Just put things related to halloween in each chest.
Make the buyers feel they gotten something at least, make them giggle and smile at their silly price.

Than all of this would have been avoided.

It’s not about what was right or wrong, it’s about how things are percieved.
They gave a good example of doing bad business.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

ArenaNet’s definition of chance: 0.00000000000000000001% drop rate.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

If we are such a minority, why are you the only one trying to argue agaisnt us?

Try another fallacy bud.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Orian.3015

Orian.3015

Try relating my comment to TF2

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

For those saying that because only a “minority” of people are complaining, it’s no big deal, I think you’re quite mistaken. I read somewhere that for every person that complains, there are a 100 more who feel the same but weren’t as motivated to express themselves. And let’s not forget “word-of-mouth”. Most gamers know other gamers, and when they feel they’ve been ripped off, they’ll let their friends know. So this “minority” is much larger than you think and a very real problem for ANet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sebbern.3894

Sebbern.3894

I find this topic really, really sad. The fact that people thought that they were getting items for free is beyond me. The Black Lion Chests doesn’t guarantee you a certan item just because you can get it. It is like a lottery, not a store. It is your fault for using your money on it, not Arenanet’s.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

Batterybiscuits, without starting anew argument about other things you said, just this one little thing:

this game is not free to play, we actually paid a good ammount for the initial purchase.
We’re hardly 2 months past and than this whole selling business hits us on Halloween.

Doesn’t make things right or wrong, but it does make things slightly different from real f2p games that have no other means of income from the playerbase.

Just throwing that in here, not arguing your post as such.

I understand that this is not a b2p game since we all spent money to buy this game and that we expect at least something in return.
In the risk that I get called a bootlicker or a fanboi, maybe they are experimenting with new ways or similar ways of sales and events to see the reactions and commentaries of the users involved in this ordeal. Wether it’s an error or an attempt from anet by only showing the word : ’’chance’’ which could be low or high, it could still be an experimentation and seeing how it’ll go. Of course it worked the way they did it in GW1 in some way but surely companies eventually need to try new ways to see if it will give better advantages wether its for them, us or both.
Seeing how this game is only two months and just got this halloween event, it’s a bit too soon for some people to launch messages of high betrayal and corruption from Anet not that you said anything like that.

I do understand that Anet could have been a bit more transparent about the weapon skin details from black lion chests since we did paid for a game after all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

This whole fiasco is the kind of thing that makes me question whether or not I’ll be playing GW2 in the long-term. While I fully support Anet’s decision to monetize part of the holiday event, it boggles the mind that something that was so obviously going to upset people would make it this far without someone in their offices saying “hey – it’s just fun skins, why don’t we just sell them in the gem store directly?”

Sure, in the short-term it benefits Anet in that a lot of people have thrown a lot of money down the drain on Black Lion Keys (a friend of mine, for example, ended up spending over £50 on them and got zero – yes, zero – Halloween skins. He is basically quitting the game over it). However, in the long-term the consequences will be dire. This is the kind of thing that can really destroy people’s faith in a game, and you really, really, really don’t want that in today’s MMO market.

When the Black Lion Chest thing was announced for Halloween I saw this coming a mile off and bought a bunch of keys with gold→gems rather than actual money, and boy I am I glad I did. I went through ~40 chests and got one skin (the shield), which I then sold on the TP and roughly got my money back. That will be the last time I ever partake in one of these types of deals, and I’m glad I got off easy by only spending in-game gold and getting my money back rather quickly.

Anet, a word of friendly advice from a jaded fan: you can’t afford to make mistakes like this when there are other AAA MMOs on the market that, for all of their flaws, don’t ever cause this kind of upset.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fullbustmaid.4280

fullbustmaid.4280

It’s as if people haven’t been living in this world up till now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: VonFox.2834

VonFox.2834

i think the real problem now is the lack of responses from the GM’s on this even just a deal with it would be better then nothing

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

@ ozma – extremely well put – for all of Blizzard’s flaws – they have never done anything remotely this asinine in regards to WoW without correcting it – though it NEVER involved real $$$ before (subscription not withstanding).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I find this topic really, really sad. The fact that people thought that they were getting items for free is beyond me. The Black Lion Chests doesn’t guarantee you a certan item just because you can get it. It is like a lottery, not a store. It is your fault for using your money on it, not Arenanet’s.

If we’re using Real Money, how are we expecting something for free? Doesn’t “Free” imply no cost? Facts remain that many of us who spent that real money feel that ArenaNet misled us leading up to the event in an attempt to get us to buy keys. Keys that nobody buys because the items you get are useless and not worth a penny, let alone $1.25. And to not even throw in anything halloween related? When you specifically mention black lion chests having halloween items in them? Give me a break. A lottery is something that is sanctioned and regulated heavily. Buying items in an in-game cash shop isn’t, so comparing how they do business isn’t relevant.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

“Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!”

People that feel they got ripped off knew going in that there was a chance of getting a skin. Nobody knew entirely what that chance was only that there was a chance.

You guys should’ve stopped and thought for a second “is my hard earned money really worth just a chance?” like me and I’m sure everyone else who decided not to buy keys and chests did. Arenanet didn’t rip you off, you ripped yourself off.

I’m not a fanboy, I could give 2 kitten how successful guild wars 2 does. I’ve already gotten my 200 hours of playtime and $60 worth so if it tanks it doesn’t effect me, but the ignorance of people on this forum is extremely obnoxious.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I have been an Anet fanboy for a long time. Sure, I’m honest enough to tell them when I think they’re wrong but I’ve trusted them to know better than I do, because they did so much to earn that trust in GW1. That is all gone now. I’m retiring my fanboy badge. This was a disgusting act of greed. I spent hundreds of dollars on GW1 but in protest to this status-quo sort of MMO greed, I will never spend a dime on any services, no extra characters, no bank slots, nothing. You’ve lost my trust.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

i think the real problem now is the lack of responses from the GM’s on this even just a deal with it would be better then nothing

I would assume that their PR department has told them not to. Otherwise they could just inflame the situation more than it already is. As it stands now all they need to do is stay quiet for a week, and this will all blow over.

in Halloween Event

azurrei.5691

“Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!”

People that feel they got ripped off knew going in that there was a chance of getting a skin. Nobody knew entirely what that chance was only that there was a chance.

You guys should’ve stopped and thought for a second “is my hard earned money really worth just a chance?” like me and I’m sure everyone else who decided not to buy keys and chests did. Arenanet didn’t rip you off, you ripped yourself off.

I’m not a fanboy, I could give 2 kitten how successful guild wars 2 does. I’ve already gotten my 200 hours of playtime and $60 worth so if it tanks it doesn’t effect me, but the ignorance of people on this forum is extremely obnoxious.

In all fairness, “chance” is extremely vague.

People assumed maybe 2-5% drop rate, which is already LOW.

In reality, it is a fraction of that – which is ridiculous. However, now that people know the super low odds of special BLC drops – most people will never again bother with buying keys.

Anet’s loss in the end.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

Please stop crying about a low drop rate. Reading about this amount of QQ over fake in game items is disgusting.

in Halloween Event

azurrei.5691

@ Khronus

Fake in game items…

REAL $$$

That is the problem. I didn’t buy a single key but I sympathize with those who did.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: The Wisest Elder.3951

The Wisest Elder.3951

This drop rate reminds me exactly of the drop rate in Team Fortress 2 with unboxing unusuals in that its around 1%-5% ish from what i’m guessing from all the unbox rates…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

“I would assume that their PR department has told them not to. Otherwise they could just inflame the situation more than it already is. As it stands now all they need to do is stay quiet for a week, and this will all blow over.” Kiviar.7063

That certainly worked wonders for SW:TOR and TSW didn’t it?

In a weeks time the meme’s will be set in and it will take a monumental effort on their part to undo any negative general view this causes.

“So guys should I get GW2?”

“No way man they proper screw you with the cash shop.”

Things burying your heads in the sands did “Bioware/EA do everything wrong when it comes to MMO’s”, “TSW is bugged, every quest doesn’t work”. Better communication could of saved those games, it might save this one, or at least their chances of getting people to use their store.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

I did 15 chests, bought 5 keys rest I had in the bank, and got the staff. Then I read this post and sold a few things to just outright buy the shield. I’m sure its coded in that I wont get lucky a second time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Churchland.7524

Churchland.7524

This was the final straw for me.
I’ll never purchase a game with an in-game shop again. I’ll never purchase another NCSoft or Arenanet game again either. So many bugs, nerfs, botting and they do little or nothing about it.

But I guess they got my money, so, who cares?

(edited by Churchland.7524)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: proxy.3297

proxy.3297

1000 posts and 32k views and no updated response. i am getting increasingly angry at arenanet’s failure to address this issue. what ever happened to caring about your customers??? they better be ready for this kittentorm that is coming.

in Halloween Event

Cactus Brawler.7415

“1000 posts and 32k views and no updated response. i am getting increasingly angry at arenanet’s failure to address this issue. what ever happened to caring about your customers??? they better be ready for this kittentorm that is coming.” proxy.3297

That maybe what they are doing, readying themselves and running around like headless chickens bouncing ideas on how to unscrew themselves over this.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

The issue here is two-fold:
(1.) Poor off-the-bat information from ArenaNet on the drop rate/in general.
(2.) Players blowing all their money/gems on chests on the first day.

This event could rap up in the coming weeks with all of us being rewarded the skin of our choice, for all we know, and that could be the big “finale” surprise for everyone (or it could be something else, exclusive to the finale). At which point the two-fold problem ends up making everyone look like a fool: ArenaNet for not telling people what to look forward too, and the players for dropping their wallets on the first day, which is, ultimately, more lopsided towards ArenaNet’s fault than the players since the players lacked information. Though it is nevertheless a stupid thing for a consumer to do in any economic environment. (Being a first adapter is always sure to lead you to some sort of trouble for new things.)

Still, I don’t understand why they needed to do this with such low drop rates. Economically it makes no sense to me in the long run. If they put the drop chance at >10% (grater than), then that means 1/10 chests give or take would have had a skin of some sort. With those odds (or, perhaps even better 1/5 or 1/4) people would have been all over dropping 10$+ on keys, and if they got skins they didn’t want they could levy or trade them for what they did want as skins would not only be more abundant but cheaper in raw gold sums. Putting the drop rate at what we now know is sub-1% makes buying the chests a pointless gamble that no one is going to bother spending any money on in the future.

They did costumes, consumables, and the helmets right. There they are, buy them, get what you get. I like this, people like this, I have no problem buying this in the future, and ArenaNet will make a profit off of this hand-over-fist. There’s no reason to add in such steep odds on the chest, they’re making money short term and then no one will ever bother buying keys/chests again ever. What I could have understood was having this abysmal drop rate on the chests if the skins remained in there post Halloween (you know, they are always in there but the chance to drop would be worse than the endless use banks or expresses), but during Halloween (and in the spirit of the event) the chance be upped to 25% or something of the sort.

And for the record, I spent 20$ on the skins that I knew I would get. I spent the rest of what I had on keys, which really wasn’t much, maybe 5 keys or so. I didn’t get anything, I don’t feel bad about it, I don’t want to demand my money back because I’m happy with my things that I did get for my gems… but, really, ArenaNet should have told everyone off the bat that the chance at getting these skins was terrible. People would have far less reason to whine if they knew, people would have never even done this in the first place if they knew. I don’t know how you can fix this, as its rather damaging to the image of the company and thats rather unfortunate because everything else in this event and the cash shop has been handled well, but you really do need to do something. Give those who bought keys with their gems for keys (and you can track this, the BLS tracks this for you to tell you recent purchases) a refund or something relative to how many keys they bought, and by this I mean a refund in gems. ArenaNet still gets their money but the people get their gems back and can save them for the future or can use them to buy things they might want like the skins. Ya, there’ll be a bunch of Black Lion extras floating around but seeing as how those are bound, I don’t think there’ll be a problem. And everyone walks away from this happy.

ArenaNet gets their money and recoups their image a bit.
Players get a second chance and can spend their gems knowingly.
And everyone is happier.

That was a bit long winded… sorry.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

1000 posts and 32k views and no updated response. i am getting increasingly angry at arenanet’s failure to address this issue. what ever happened to caring about your customers??? they better be ready for this kittentorm that is coming.

It’s one thing that the forums exploded over this, but give them some time to react

We’re all waiting for an answer yes, but be reasonable. It’s not even a full day.

If they don’t answer in 1 or 2 days I might be as angry as you, but give them a day at least.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

CALM DOWN GUYS!! ITS ONLY A SKIN!!

i mean, srsly, i ve seen horrible, horrible companies who put their overpowered weapon into one of those gamble boxes where people spend a faq tons of money to get them. wut happens when they get the weapon? they can at least 1v5.

with so many ppl replying to this thread but no red reply, i bet this is how anet want it to be—a type of collection where not everyone can have one. i want a nice looking skin too, but with my previous gamble box experience, its better off to just buy one from trading post. only a skin, doesnt affect game balance, peace of mind.

(edited by WakkaJabba.3910)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I find it laughable people think it wasn’t misleading being told there was a “chance” for the Halloween skins, only to find out the drop rate is probably less than 1% (or closer to 0.1% more like).

If we want to get technical, yes, that’s a chance, but when people are paying over $1 per key, ArenaNet telling people they have a chance in seriousness and then being surprised when people are furious that they blew $100-$1000 on keys and didn’t get a Halloween item is so ridiculously absurd it’s mind boggling.

(edited by ChairGraveyard.2967)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

I didn’t buy any keys, after buying a few character slots and stuff I didn’t want to spend any more real money till the Christmas event, but I planned ahead and managed to save about 15 or so keys from my army of alts just for the Halloween event.

I got somewhat lucky and got quite a few new keys from open chests, but after opening around 28 chests…..that was the extent of my luck. Tonics, boosters and assorted other things I didn’t really need.

No one, myself included, expected a skin or halloween item from EVERY box. I did however, expect a more than 50% drop rate on SOMETHING holiday themed. Whats the point of having your lottery chests if not to give some sort of “feel good” reward on the holidays when you KNOW people will be opening them. Its a way to make sure you sell MORE of them not less.

People want some sort of satisfaction from a special event. You are shooting yourself in the foot by doing it this way. Make something rare for every event, and then make 2 or 3 COMMON things too. Make sure your customers get 2 to 4 of the dead common things with 5 to 10 chests, and you have much happier customers who will keep trying for the rare stuff. Its not rocket science, just pure basic common sense.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Louis S.7209

Louis S.7209

It’s one thing that the forums exploded over this, but give them some time to react

We’re all waiting for an answer yes, but be reasonable. It’s not even a full day.

If they don’t answer in 1 or 2 days I might be as angry as you, but give them a day at least.

True…except that all the suckers that already spent money for nothing…well, they’re screwed LOL.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

That would depend on the answer Louis S

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

@Louis
I’d hope that those people would get a gem refund. Arena isn’t losing anything from doing that, they get their money, but it makes the people at least less SoL. A handful will get lucky that they won the lottery and get their gems back, the majority will just be not mad or, more importantly, disappointed during what is supposed to be a festive event.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainfall.4017

Rainfall.4017

In reality, it is a fraction of that – which is ridiculous. However, now that people know the super low odds of special BLC drops – most people will never again bother with buying keys.

Anet’s loss in the end.

Oh my god. It’s hard to keep my temper now because of you people. CHANCE is exactly what it says. A CHANCE. You don’t know what people assumed, and it’s irrelevant. You DIDN’T KNOW the chance, but there is a chance. There was no bullkitten and you got what you paid for.???? Why you people can’t accept this fact i cannot fathom.

Once again you can be disappointed but it is TOTALLY FAIR AND LEGIT. You only have yourselves to blame, that’s it. Stop blaming Anet for your disappointment about your risk, look at yourselves.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Allusir.5630

Allusir.5630

In the risk that I get called a bootlicker or a fanboi, maybe they are experimenting with new ways or similar ways of sales and events to see the reactions and commentaries of the users involved in this ordeal. Wether it’s an error or an attempt from anet by only showing the word : ’’chance’’ which could be low or high, it could still be an experimentation and seeing how it’ll go. Of course it worked the way they did it in GW1 in some way but surely companies eventually need to try new ways to see if it will give better advantages wether its for them, us or both.
Seeing how this game is only two months and just got this halloween event, it’s a bit too soon for some people to launch messages of high betrayal and corruption from Anet not that you said anything like that.

I do understand that Anet could have been a bit more transparent about the weapon skin details from black lion chests since we did paid for a game after all.

I agree that this is not an exact science, and that this is their first holiday after launch, and the first time doing something like this. I’m not enraged about the $35 I spent. Heaven knows I’ve spent more on far more silly things.

I think ArenaNet’s big problem is the lack of response (or at least a lack of sympathetic response). As someone just pointed out (sorry, not sure how to put two quotes in one post) this thread is over 1000 relies and over 32,000 views. I don’t think well thought out response would solve the problem completely, but it would go a long way in getting there.

It is that problem I think is what’s causing people to lose trust and hang up their fan badges. When the Gem Shop first came out, people were up in arms that the random mini and random dye packs were out of line. I don’t recall the responses, but as of game launch I was still willing to use the shop, and support the company financially.

I really don’t think it’s realistic to believe that the upset players will be compensated for their loss. That would cause a whole new problem. I do however think they need to take steps to earn our trust back. Something along the lines of “we understand there are upset players, we are sorry for the miss communication, we are looking at this new system and will make improvements on it for the next round of holidays, when that time comes we will show you what those changes are”…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

Thank you all very much for your feedback about this issue. We’ve already informed the team about all the concerns expressed in this thread, and they’ll look into it. Thanks again.

Very glad that we have a response from ANet, because so far Ive not met one person that thinks this key fiasco isnt a scam.

Since the people who spent so much money on keys get really screwed (if you guys hopefully change the droprate to something more sane) it might be worth allowing them to refund purchases over a certain amount.

I didnt buy keys because im not stupid enough to fall for this halloween trick, but if those people did I can imagine why they are angry.

Once again though, communication with the playerbase helps us so much and we appreciate every post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kolache.3964

Kolache.3964

“Oh my god. It’s hard to keep my temper now because of you people. CHANCE is exactly what it says. A CHANCE. You don’t know what people assumed, and it’s irrelevant. You DIDN’T KNOW the chance, but there is a chance. There was no bullkitten and you got what you paid for.???? Why you people can’t accept this fact i cannot fathom.”

So if it was a 0.00000001% “chance” it would be ok? Of course not. Nobody is threatening with a class action lawsuit, so you can have your semantics argument.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Someone, do explain why you think this is a “scam”. I need a good laugh.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

Anet’s loss in the end.

Oh my god. It’s hard to keep my temper now because of you people. CHANCE is exactly what it says. A CHANCE. You don’t know what people assumed, and it’s irrelevant. You DIDN’T KNOW the chance, but there is a chance. There was no bullkitten and you got what you paid for.???? Why you people can’t accept this fact i cannot fathom.

Once again you can be disappointed but it is TOTALLY FAIR AND LEGIT. You only have yourselves to blame, that’s it. Stop blaming Anet for your disappointment about your risk, look at yourselves.

keep screaming there is no problem, it will solve things.

Anet = company
Many customers = angry
this = problem
you = yelling and not seeing problem

like it or not, it is a problem they have to deal with.
no company can afford to kitten of so many paying customers and simply say ’it’s your own bloody fault’.
They need those customers…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Bought $50 + 9 gold worth of gems to buy keys and got nothing.
I will never buy gems again, I’ve learned my lesson.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: rwm.1453

rwm.1453

Someone, do explain why you think this is a “scam”. I need a good laugh.

I just got my good laugh of the day reading your post about needing a good laugh.
Evidently you missed 20 pages

in Halloween Event

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I just got my good laugh of the day reading your post about needing a good laugh.
Evidently you missed 20 pages

And i got my good laugh off your post! Thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

20 pages of entitled whiners who didn’t use common sense? You’re right, nevermind. I got my good laugh.

in Halloween Event

Cactus Brawler.7415

“Bought $50 + 9 gold worth of gems to buy keys and got nothing.
I will never buy gems again, I’ve learned my lesson.” Tower Guard.5263

And this is the problem that the Whiteknights don’t get, for the price of a second box sale they’ve done themselves out of years of money. Perhaps Tower wouldn’t be dropping $10 a month, every month but they might do once every three months, that’s $40 a year, every year until the game pops its clogs.

If they’ve done this to enough people, well things look dire for them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: civildude.4308

civildude.4308

$20 on gems to buy keys for nothing. Well I learned I won’t be doing that again!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

20 pages of entitled whiners who didn’t use common sense? You’re right, nevermind. I got my good laugh.

I suggest you leave the thread then, I can already tell your dead set on your opinion that 100 keys shouldnt = 1 green item skin so dont bother flame baiting.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: slapdot.3760

slapdot.3760

I really don’t pity anyone who wasted ridiculous amounts of money on keys. I see a lot of complaints there was a lack of solid information regarding the chests. Not once were you told you’d be guaranteed festive items from these chests OR that the drop rate would be low. The only solid information you had was that you would have a CHANCE of getting festive items.

So based off that lack of information you’re so readily complaining about, after the fact, you went ahead and gambled a decent amount of money away. Completely your choice to do and I don’t think anyone should be forced into a corner and apologize for your irresponsibility.

You wanted festive skins? Should have went with the things you knew were guaranteed like the town outfits or mini pets instead of taking a chance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hughs.6549

Hughs.6549

Rainfall.4017

Oh my god. It’s hard to keep my temper now because of you people.
CHANCE is exactly what it says. A CHANCE.
You only have yourselves to blame, that’s it. Stop blaming Anet for your disappointment about your risk, look at yourselves.

“A CHANCE” as you claim this wonderful concept led to thousands of people spending real money for … nothing and now have a good reason to never spend a coin on this game again : )

This is a DISASTER for arenanet’s future. Don’t u get it ?

I didn’t buy anything but i totally understand them, not even a freaking candy in these chests? what a joke .. Remember that arenanet NEEDS these “stupid whiny” people’s money to create new content FOR YOU.

SAME BOAT HERE, see ?

(edited by Moderator)