Chest Cooldown nerfed to once per day?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

God I hate games using real money economies.

Just like Diablo 3 we’re seeing nerf first, worry about players enjoying themselves way later.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Colbear.6425

Colbear.6425

No, I mean. “I feel like I have to do this dungeon even though I don’t enjoy it, because I want/need X unrelated item, and it makes me unhappy.”

That’s unfortunate, and players shouldn’t have to feel that way. They shouldn’t have to feel like “I have to farm 10 hours a day to keep up with inflation” or “I can’t invest in items because their prices will all drop to vendor right away because of an event” or “I want to do something else but if I don’t farm this highly lucrative event, I won’t be able to afford something I want.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xenophen.4089

Xenophen.4089

Ah yes. It was me who misunderstood you. I’m sorry. Yes I agree 100% with you on that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Colbear.6425

Colbear.6425

I really think that’s what would have happened here if they didn’t “nerf” it by making it a once/day thing instead of a “all the time” thing. Because then people would be saying “people who do this event all day are getting more things than us, by a lot” (because they would be), “and that’s not fair” (because it isn’t).

And then they’d think “this is boring but if I want to make gold, this is what I have to do,” and that’s a problem.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: XTreme Risk.5973

XTreme Risk.5973

ROTFL, I was optimistic about this entire event( I think ). Until it actually started rolling out, now it’s like the patches. One step forward two steps back. Anet, are you making this up as you go along? Thought there may be a chance at getting some cool armor or weapon to remember the event by( No, the horns don’t count, lol) Halloween went from the hopes for 1lb Hershey bars to actually getting a single circus peanut though. IMO Oh well, at least there’s still the community and jokes at LA. Enjoy here while you’re here, cause there’s no here there.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

But this is what you have to do in a mmorpg like gw2, grind grind grind untill u either have the mats or money to buy the thing you want, dungeon, complete dungeon 6 times for 1 weapon, for a full armor set well… u can do ur maths.

This is not a proper elaborated excuse for the nerf, not only in the chest limiter but also the quality of the drops, this event is not here to stay forever it is supposed to give you something better, and the fact is… this already was “this is boring but if i want to make gold this is what i have to do” game, i dont see how it would be boring to make viable break from the only 2 level 80 areas in the entire game by using this area instead for a limited ammount of time, the drops are simply worthless now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tigs.4230

tigs.4230

The problem now is that there aren’t going to be enough players around for the events, because who wants to be there if the thing you’ll get is insane spawnrates and some whites?

I was already sad since I can’t do the Clocktower (makes me literally sick) and with that luck out on the Mad King achievement. And now there is another part of the event that is not really worth doing right now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Seems too often they don’t do their homework until after the fact.

For what it’s worth, I got an exotic after the re-start, but only did one chest-event. I did notice it was a 2-item chest instead of 4 (whereas the world chests are 6-item).

Was unaware of the change to the big chest. Seemed like a lot lot fewer doors were popping, too. /shrug

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

I agree with this nerf. Was glad to see it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

God I hate games using real money economies.

Just like Diablo 3 we’re seeing nerf first, worry about players enjoying themselves way later.

Agreed.

I knew a nerf was coming with the drop rate being so high, but I don’t agree with them nerfing it into the ground like this.

There’s no happy medium in this game, everything gets nerfed into the ground. You want to farm to try and make some money, well guess what, we have DR on the drops, want karma, we’re nerfing that to with DR.

The more I play this game, the more I’m convinced that it’s not so much about controlling the economy, but that it is designed more to try and push people into buying gems so those can be converted into gold so people can afford things.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

How the kitten do I keep missing out on these exploits. This is really kittening me off. Why do they have to keep removing stuff that would help us casuals?

The problem now is that there aren’t going to be enough players around for the events, because who wants to be there if the thing you’ll get is insane spawnrates and some whites?

I was already sad since I can’t do the Clocktower (makes me literally sick) and with that luck out on the Mad King achievement. And now there is another part of the event that is not really worth doing right now.

Same here (except being sick from clock tower. that I will keep trying to beat until it frustrates me to the point of not liking the game at all).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

This game is about being there first.

When they patch 50% it is bugged and can be exploited , just make sure you are there.

If you stop to notice , both act 1 and 2 came with exploits. Cant believe i missed act 2 , but i will be here for 3 and will try 4.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I have to admit, the rate was very high and was impacting the economy massively. But they overdid on the nerf. They could have made the bosses spawn only once every 6 hours or something.

There is no point in staying there aside from completing your halloween achievements now.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in Halloween Event

skullmount.1758

First was the infinite doors, then the LA pToT locations, now this. If they’re gonna nerf the things, they really need to track who does what and remove some/all the items they got from the exploits, or at least do something to that account.

Couldn’t they just decrease the drop rate of the exotics to be really low? That way we can still keep doing it (if we want), and be able to get something out of it.

Darkhaven server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

And people is still talking about ruined tp? I didn’t see any lowered price of prereq, nor anything underpriced then it was 2 days ago. MAybe a few silver less. Are you joking? Anet just detroyed the only good improvement they made.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ScoobyDoo.4639

ScoobyDoo.4639

The event started off pretty good, but as many have said, this nerf was pretty lame. They should have made the chests only drop halloween skin exotics, with a lower chance, and increased champion spawn time to once an hour. Give some of us, who don’t want to spend a few hundred dollars on gems to get keys to open the BLC for the skins, a chance at least. Now the halloween event is even less appealing than spending all day farming Cursed Shore or Arah. Just my two cents :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

oh boo hoo…they take away your cash cow and you guys cry like children. If all you want is to make money, then go make money..the event was supposed to be about fun. Im spending the day with my guild and friends having a blast…im sorry that all you care about is the gold you get from exploiting the event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I just want skins. :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tigs.4230

tigs.4230

oh boo hoo…they take away your cash cow and you guys cry like children. If all you want is to make money, then go make money..the event was supposed to be about fun. Im spending the day with my guild and friends having a blast…im sorry that all you care about is the gold you get from exploiting the event.

Gold? I don’t care about gold. I would have liked to have those chests spawn something that only drops during the event. Whether that would be account bound for just looks, something entirely halloween silly or special halloween exotics? I couldn’t care either way. Just having a chance on something would be nice though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I agree with tigs, I “farmed” this thing for about 2 hours when it first came out yesterday because I wanted the set just to have a halloween set. In that 2 hours i opened about 10 chests containing all green and one mad kings chest. I had to go to work and now when I get home the chests have been nerfed to once a day and 1 item…Of my 2 hours yesterday I made all of 20 silver which is less than i can get farming orr in 10 minutes. I get making it 1 item, and even adjusting drop rates but once a day is beyond stupid. I might as well scrap or sell the chest now because I will never see the rest of the set. Why couldn’t they just make it account bound or soulbound and lower the drop rate instead of killing the event? Honestly I love this game and have defended it repeatedly but after the fiasco that this first big event has been I am really getting disheartened with Anet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

So,
an affordable magic find exotic gear is unacceptable for Anet.
Instead Anet screws the whole European playerbase while Americans could farm exotics for daytime hours…

Just… Wow…

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

(edited by Sdric.8526)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

Isn’t 12:00 PST like 8:00 PM in Europe? That is what time the patch came out. Most people in the US are at work on Friday at noon. Not so at 8 PM. People just like feeling victimized.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

24 hour wait period? That is stupid lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

All Anet cares about now is money, they used to actually care about their customers more.

Anet has gone the way of Blizzard, a company Anet’s founders left because of this same bullkitten.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Its definately an over-reaction BUT with the high drop rate on exotics from the chests (I’d estimate 30% which is the way event chests shoud be) and the potential to farm them they did need to do something. What they SHOULD have done is to have the chests drop only the Halloween exotics though not this silly nerf.

Exotic loot is fun!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chambered.7135

Chambered.7135

One thing to keep in mind is, it’s once per day per character. You get up-leveled in the Mad King’s realm, so even level one characters can run it. I’ve run it multiple times with several characters (though mostly just for the pumpkin carving) The chest drops are horrid though, my best chest drop was a useless green and 5 ToT bags. Yea.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

What? People are playing our new content? And enjoying the new items? RELEASE THE DOGS OF NERF!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GingerbreadTiger.6135

GingerbreadTiger.6135

If you say that one chest broken the economy, for me its stupid. The economy gets broken everyday by bots, i reported bots once and after 4 days i stopped checking if they are still there (lvl 80 bots). That little one chest that dropped a exotic sometimes is freaking child’s play.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akhaandir.8297

Akhaandir.8297

Little bit of advice to the people doing the labyrinth for the mad kings items. The models aren’t unique to the event. Just get the recipe for the upgrade item. which i believe is from the mystic forge. For example, the light armor Mad Kings chest is just the acolyte chest with a mad kings rune in it, at least going by the gw2db chat links

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shin.2705

Shin.2705

Hi everyone!

Just my opinion about this situation… I’m the kind of guy that is really unlucky in general, and in fact, before the nerf, i get only one exo on more than 10chest, all the rest of my loot was some green stuff at best!

I wasn’t really caring about exo at all but i was just a bit desappointed by the fact that a lot of people around me was dropping exo on every chest while i was only dropping crappy things…

I was only concerned by ONE thing : GET THIS kitten MAD KING SET !!!

Since this ultra-overpowered-putwhateveruwant-nerf, it is just kinda impossible to get it…

That’s the very first time since the launch of the game that i won’t congrates Anet for its work… ;(

PS: Sry, don’t blame me for my english plz…for your information, i’m french

(edited by Shin.2705)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

Little bit of advice to the people doing the labyrinth for the mad kings items. The models aren’t unique to the event. Just get the recipe for the upgrade item. which i believe is from the mystic forge. For example, the light armor Mad Kings chest is just the acolyte chest with a mad kings rune in it, at least going by the gw2db chat links

Wait… your kidding right? That has to be a sick joke.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

@ Tommo Nope! A number of people have commented on the appearance being the same. At least it allows people to buy parts of the armor they want at cheaper than the event prices?

in Halloween Event

Shin.2705

The skin itself can be common… Get the real full set is different from crafting a copy ! And drop it cost nothing…

For me, getting this set was the goal of this event since i won’t put any money in gems (And i won’t use my PO too…) just to have a micro chance to loot a unique skin in a black lion chest…

It was like the only way to have a special stuff (forge recipe are a bit expensive too) related to this event

Now we get what? Visa? Mastercard?

in Halloween Event

Ditton.3149

you get devil horns, 2-4 books as back slots, a chance at the mad king boots and you STILL get a chance at the exotics out of the chest, we had 2-3 people getting them per run today…they are not gone, you just cant log in and log out to get them anymore. It was not be used as intended, it was not being used to wear or for novelty, it was being used to meta game an exotic break it down and sell hundreds within hours of time.

in Halloween Event

Shin.2705

-Devil Horns : Hum ok nice but useless IG, i really don’t care about costumes etc…It’s nice, i’m happy they gave them to us but if they haven’t, i wouldn’t be sad…
-Books : 1rst one is useless, 2nd one is equal to the storyline Backpack except that we can choose the stats…And for my Ranger Chaar, it’s not really RP and it doesn’t fit my armor so i don’t show it (as the backpack that only fit well on Engineer)
-Per Run: I only play with one character, i don’t have the time too play many so for me, one run/day…To get the 5 differents missing pieces of the Mad King’s set? Joke…

And just for your information, i’m not that lucky to get some exo each time i open a chest! BEFORE the nerf i only get 1 lvl76exo from more than 10chest and it was on the first one! Since this time, so before and after the nerf, i only get blue or green at best!

Oh and the best joke? This only one exo i droped… Was the 1rst one i dropped since i’ve start playing GW2…So 3days before the official release since a have pre-order the game…

I’m not complaining about the fact that it was necessary to fix this chest droprate problem, i’m complaining about the way they fixed it and the way it affect me (and my guildmates btw)

in Halloween Event

skullmount.1758

-Devil Horns : Hum ok nice but useless IG, i really don’t care about costumes etc…It’s nice, i’m happy they gave them to us but if they haven’t, i wouldn’t be sad…
-Books : 1rst one is useless, 2nd one is equal to the storyline Backpack except that we can choose the stats…And for my Ranger Chaar, it’s not really RP and it doesn’t fit my armor so i don’t show it (as the backpack that only fit well on Engineer)
-Per Run: I only play with one character, i don’t have the time too play many so for me, one run/day…To get the 5 differents missing pieces of the Mad King’s set? Joke…

And just for your information, i’m not that lucky to get some exo each time i open a chest! BEFORE the nerf i only get 1 lvl76exo from more than 10chest and it was on the first one! Since this time, so before and after the nerf, i only get blue or green at best!

Oh and the best joke? This only one exo i droped… Was the 1rst one i dropped since i’ve start playing GW2…So 3days before the official release since a have pre-order the game…

I’m not complaining about the fact that it was necessary to fix this chest droprate problem, i’m complaining about the way they fixed it and the way it affect me (and my guildmates btw)

How do you choose the states of the 2nd book?

Darkhaven server

in Halloween Event

Shin.2705

You just can’t… Sry i just mispelled…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

This whole halloween event is bad joke.

It really fits perfectly what the mad mind of an evil king would do.

Anet might not be able to make a good event on gameplay point of view , but lore wise? this is a master piece.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

So the real fun in the game is during the 2 seconds it takes for you to check the loot in your chest? Should the next event just give everybody 20 gold via mail and call it a day?

in Halloween Event

Ditton.3149

pretty much all people care about. Honestly Anet should put out a list, mail people some skins, save themselves some programming and send everyone on vacation early.

in Halloween Event

Ditton.3149

How do you choose the states of the 2nd book?

You can transmute the book to a backpack, as you dont wear one on a ranger anyway most likely, not show it anyway. There might be two more, if it keeps scaling it will be an exotic by the end. Its novel, its special, and its useful..its just not exactly what you want. Again, its unfortunate the chests became nerfed, however for some reason they dont seem to want to delete items from inventories so instead to limit the supply once its out there they severely filter it. I am not saying its a good thing or nice practice, ,what I am saying is that its due to the misuse of the product in the first place. They keep playing on some sort of honor system, they should realize some people are greedy and will exploit in any way they can to make cash. Hopefully they find a better balance, like everyone gets one exotic per account per week or something. The problem with per character is that people in an instance that auto levels you to 80 can simply make a new toon in 5 min and run out there.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Did the thing 3 times since the patch, my main (warrior) got a crappy lvl 70ish green and one of the crafting mats, one of my alts (elementalist) for a black lion chest and one of the crafting mats, my other alt (ranger) got a small moldy bag and one of the crafting mat.

Before the patch i did it twice on my warrior, i got 3 mid level 70 greens and some crafting mate, second time i got a level 78 exotic amulet (barely an upgrade over my level 80 green i had) and 2 mid 70 greens and some crafting mats.

I am fine that they nerfed it, just not a fan of how they nerfed it. What they should have done was make the champs spawn once every 1 or 2 hours and let you loot the chest every time as well as lower the chance of exotics a bit or even made it not drop any exotics at all except the chance at the event stuff only or some crafting materials (decently sized stack). I couldn’t care less about getting full top end exotics, all i wanted was the mad king outfit, now that is impossible for me.

But honestly, the vast majority of the big champion events in this game are just flat out not worth doing more than the first time just so you can say you did it (wouldn’t completely be the case if they were more than simple tank and spanks). Most of them don’t drop chests at all and the ones that do have iffy drop rates for stuff remotely worth using.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

yeah . 1 to 2 hour cooldown is plenty. Don’t let anyone in who isn’t at least level 76 either. (sorry lowbies, but there has to be some farm balance).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Loltha.2390

Loltha.2390

They don’t need to make it special for you and they are not going to make it special for you. Were you really that niave to think they were NOT going to nerf exotic gear/weapon farming? Especially after people came in the forums bragging about it?

My guy did a dungeon the other day…do you know what money amount he got IN A DUNGEON!!!!….ONE LOUSY STINKNG MEASLY COPPER!!!!

I don’t wanna hear Anet needs to pay their bills…they are paying their bills more than sufficiently. They want to make mega bucks. I can agree with charging for extra bank tabs, bank slots, using the BLTC for the stones or fine transmutes. I can agree with having special skins and pets. But when you nickel and dime every kitten thing in this game, when you make ekking out the means of obtaining money ( crafting, unless your doing the ultra expensive exotics is not worth the trouble for the negligent return) but throw recipes out that take rare or extremely expensive components, I have to question your thought processes if it isn’t just pure basic corporate greed.

Do I mind you nerfing the exotics? No. What I mind is overall mindset of a company that allows the making of any in game coin so hard that people will jump all over and exploit a bug to try to make any money to craft outrageous mats needed for cosmetic gear.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Where this is true, by now, they’ve had time to let us know what’s going down about these little hot fixes. I’d appreciate to hear from them to say the least.

ArenaNet does not believe in communicating with its player base, get used to it.

(edited by Acme Tux Serum Six.8520)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wicket.2485

wicket.2485

This zone wasn’t fun after they nerfed the chests because all of the mobs drop garbage loot. This is the only thing I didn’t like about the Halloween event so far. I still think Anet is doing an A+ job on the Halloween event as whole. Also, the Clocktower puzzle is alot of fun but getting more Trick-or-Treat bags for completing it more than once is sad. Thanks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobudo.7943

Bobudo.7943

Here’s the part we’re ignoring about the nerf – it’s bugged.

I looted the chest 3 – 4 times yesterday pre-nerf (got some greens . . . ) and I haven’t been able to loot a chest since that patch, which was over 24 hours ago.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

same here, I’ve not looted the chest in over 24 hours and i still cant open it:(

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

same here, I’ve not looted the chest in over 24 hours and i still cant open it:(

The reset time is in about 4 minutes. Well should be anyway. So you should be able to loot it again then.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

oh i didn’t realize , thanks:)