In my view, Clock Tower is not fun [Merged]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

1)Its profession dependent
Air attuned elemental with traits has speed bonus. Warrior dont have. Why some classes have advantage over others in here? Speed movement is very important here.
2)Waiting time.
If you do this thing for 1 hour, just to know, minimum 40 minutes you will spent waiting. Yes, it is a minimum, in reality it is more I guess. Standing still, doing nothing, watching this cinematic. Why waste our time so badly?
3)Another players (especially norns)
Huge models, they just blocking your view. Camera is horrible. Why did you make this group event? Well, I guess why, but couldnt you at least find better decision? match each race with each other, norns with norns, asuras with asuras?
And finally, its really a bit too hard. Yes, that is not a good reason, lets call it challenging. But its not fair at least, not equal for every player.

Now, after few hours of trying it just annoys me.

I did it on an Asuran Ranger with no speed buffs I’m aware of. I had my 10% sigil equipped before it started but don’t think it counts. I was also in the lead 90% of the time because I turned corners on the inside and found the most efficient route.

The wait time is worse when you fail. The closer you get to the end each time the less time you spend waiting. If you’re waiting a lot it’s because you failed and someone is still going. When everyone dies a new round starts almost immediately. In short, you are given a time out for sucking at it.

I did spend my fair share of time thinking “Sorry all you norn and charr. I’m sure you’re great people but… Please go die.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

The problem is with people staring at their character models, when they should be “feeling” their hitboxes. Once you manage to do this you don’t even really need to see your character, i bet i could do the puzzle without having a character model(Sure, it would be harder.) at all since i know how big it is and that it is always at the center of my screen.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

1)Its profession dependent
Air attuned elemental with traits has speed bonus. Warrior dont have. Why some classes have advantage over others in here? Speed movement is very important here.
2)Waiting time.
If you do this thing for 1 hour, just to know, minimum 40 minutes you will spent waiting. Yes, it is a minimum, in reality it is more I guess. Standing still, doing nothing, watching this cinematic. Why waste our time so badly?
3)Another players (especially norns)
Huge models, they just blocking your view. Camera is horrible. Why did you make this group event? Well, I guess why, but couldnt you at least find better decision? match each race with each other, norns with norns, asuras with asuras?
And finally, its really a bit too hard. Yes, that is not a good reason, lets call it challenging. But its not fair at least, not equal for every player.

Now, after few hours of trying it just annoys me.

I did it on an Asuran Ranger with no speed buffs I’m aware of. I had my 10% sigil equipped before it started but don’t think it counts. I was also in the lead 90% of the time because I turned corners on the inside and found the most efficient route.

The wait time is worse when you fail. The closer you get to the end each time the less time you spend waiting. If you’re waiting a lot it’s because you failed and someone is still going. When everyone dies a new round starts almost immediately. In short, you are given a time out for sucking at it.

I did spend my fair share of time thinking “Sorry all you norn and charr. I’m sure you’re great people but… Please go die.”

You’re given a time out for other people being better than you at it. It has nothing to do with you being good or bad yourself, because i can guarantee you theres a jumper out there better than you, whoever you are.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

The problem is with people staring at their character models, when they should be “feeling” their hitboxes. Once you manage to do this you don’t even really need to see your character, i bet i could do the puzzle without having a character model(Sure, it would be harder.) at all since i know how big it is and that it is always at the center of my screen.

Pretty much this. Since your character is always in the same place on your screen (assuming your camera doesn’t start having a seizure), it’s just a matter of feeling your character position, rather than keeping an exact eye on your character avatar.

Also, I plan on doing this puzzle again tomorrow on my asura thief, and I’ll be happy to come back and tell everybody how it went when I’m done.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Not going to say that the jp is easy because it certainly isn’t but it is doable in time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I finally did it. Being in a group without Charr or Norn made a huge difference.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

Having a few drinks first also helps. Even if you don’t make it, you won’t care as much!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

I had only one strategy as an Asuran…jump immediately when the first pathway starts building itself. As long as I was ahead of the pack, I didn’t have to worry about big Norns treading on me

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

Pretty much this. Since your character is always in the same place on your screen (assuming your camera doesn’t start having a seizure), it’s just a matter of feeling your character position, rather than keeping an exact eye on your character avatar.

Also, I plan on doing this puzzle again tomorrow on my asura thief, and I’ll be happy to come back and tell everybody how it went when I’m done.

Of course if you are an Asura your camera is always having a siezure. :P Not really, but you know how it is sometimes. Oh you’re standing in front of a fence post? Bet you want to look at the inside of your face!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah, being a warrior, I am usually in the back of the pack. I would be fine (I think) if thye just slow the green mist down a tad (<5%). This is really frustrating, especially since its a limited time achievement.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZephyrExia.3204

ZephyrExia.3204

I finally did it after 5hrs of trying!
The stuff mentioned earlier can be annoying, but in the end perseverance is king.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raijjn.8256

Raijjn.8256

I finally got it, after IDK how many hours.. but it was a lot… my strategy was to keeping changed “zones” until I got a group with less than 2 norn/charr. which made a HUGE difference. did have a small female norn, but that wasn’t much of a problem, (s)he seemed to fall off pretty quick and I was able to stay ahead of the pack.. anet really needs to remove the que on this and let ppl go after it without being in a mob.. it’s challenging enough without having to “guess” where your character is

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Players should have the option to group or not. Its not really fair forcing players to group for this, especially when some people are making Norn alts and coming here purely to grief others, let alone the banners being usable….

And yes I have completed the jump puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

The only thing I would fix would be killing that wait between attempts…or at least lessening it greatly.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I did this on a human guardian, it took over 2 hours and almost a hundred tries. I have no complaints about it. It was very fun, especially talking with the other players that had a hard time doing it. Poking fun at the Norns and Charr was also fun.

After I completed it once, I finished it again 2 more times. Don’t give up and keep at it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I laughed, I got pissed, I swore a lot and then I completed it and I felt more pride then the moment I got accepted to university.
I don’t see the issue. I spent a few hours doing this and i am an Ellie, I know tons of warriors who beat it much faster than I did, some even of their first few tries. I don’t understand everyone’s need for everything to be accessible to everyone. I feel better for knowing I didn’t give up and finished it when a lot of my guildies did. It’s things like this that make the game feel rewarding.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

My god is every warrior in here utterly crap?

You have 4 skill slots you can fill with banners, use them lol.

Elite warbanner skill will last you the whole time if you wack it down just as bar hits 99% done, hit ‘F’ and bring it with you for the ride. Will get you to the top if not near enough to it and if you jump unlike a total spaz you will be ahead of the mob in seconds and not have to deal with massive norns and charrs.

l2p pls.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

My god is every warrior in here utterly crap?

You have 4 skill slots you can fill with banners, use them lol.

Elite warbanner skill will last you the whole time if you wack it down just as bar hits 99% done, hit ‘F’ and bring it with you for the ride. Will get you to the top if not near enough to it and if you jump unlike a total spaz you will be ahead of the mob in seconds and not have to deal with massive norns and charrs.

l2p pls.

My necro doesn’t have this. Please suggest a solution for me.

fatmalewarriornorn blocking my way. oh yay, so fun.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Since your character is always in the same place on your screen (assuming your camera doesn’t start having a seizure)

That last part is a very big assumption, considering this is GW2, which somehow manages to lack the basic camera stability present in every game since Tomb Raider…

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I do feel that character sizes are creating visibility issues that are, perhaps, adding an unintended level of difficulty (at least, I hope it’s unintended).

Short of just being bad at these types of jumping puzzles, there is really no excuse for Norn or Charr males to fail at the tower. Those two races can see their characters better than anyone else in that zone at any given moment.

Now, I’ve completed the tower, but it was so much easier on my Human than it was on my Asura, and that was completely due to this size issue. I literally could not see my Asura for much of the initial journey up the tower because they were just hidden by the pack until deaths thinned it out.. especially when male norns and charr were present. And if you have a male Norn or Charr that could regularly go the distance most of the time, they become a constant source of annoyance.

I feel instance grouping should have been by race, or everyone should have been transformed into the same creature while at the tower (preferably something small so people aren’t complaining about the overcrowding so much). I think having other players falling around you on the way up does add tension to the event, but personally I think there are too many allowed in each instance right now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sahriah.3792

Sahriah.3792

Just completed as charr warrior after about 50 tries over 1 1/2 2 hrs. This has been the most fun ive had in ages.

Warriors have a trait called Warrior’s spirit, which is a ‘run faster while weilding a melee weap’ In the discipline tree.

This is an achievement for a reason. All those people saying ‘i cant do it but give me the achievement’ do not deserve it. This is about patience and practice. Im also in australia with a higher ping then you Americans, so don’t go complaining about speed either. That 250 extra ping makes it hard.

If they change it they should add a ‘easy mode’ and keep the current as a hard mode achievement.

Whats funny is that normal jumping puzzles are harder for norn/charr because of the camera. The smaller characters have a way easier time seeing around stuff then i do normally.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

It’s extremely fun and challenging. While first try took me around an hour, I’ve now beaten it 7 times on different characters each within 2 attempts, I love it.

No ones forcing you to do it if you don’t enjoy it, you’re not being disadvantaged.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoninJonny.1582

RoninJonny.1582

Well as I had completed it with a Charr and people kept saying “try with an Asura!” to anyone who said it wasn’t impossible to any Charr or norn I decided to roll an Asura and see.

I was put with a few Norn and Charr and while at first I thought “yep they’ve got it worse” I asked a guild friend if he could Ctrl+t me so I had a marker. After that and about 10 15 min of getting used to Asura I got it (pic below).

So yes I agree Asura have it harder without Ctrl+t but with it was about the same. I doubt this will change anyone’s mind but hey, at least you can see I tried to see it what you where talking about.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

Plenty of fun ANet. Don’t change a thing. <3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

took me 2 hours and after the first success the rest of the runs was much easier, I have friends still trying it after 5+ hours but they arent quitting even if its frustrating, just because its difficult it doesnt mean that its impossible, its fun as it is and I hope they have more in the future

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

I just spent from 2:40pm m-11:20pm doing this event.

And I finally give up. If it’s not the huge group of Norn and Charr jumping with me. It’s the fact that I’m getting randomly reset after the upright gear before the two beams. It’d be a fun challenge if it was a solo instance, and the bugs where fixed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

Definantly EXTREMELY challenging…. fun and entertaining- oh I’ll admit I was raging mad for like a hour but after beating it- man it makes it much much easier and much more satisfying…. take your time and fail a bunch just learn the jumps so they become second nature.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: coffeeisyum.5297

coffeeisyum.5297

How will they lose players over this OPTIONAL puzzle that will only be here for FOUR more days.

Find another puzzle if you hate this one so much. Problem solved.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tarian.5190

tarian.5190

The biggest issue I have with the clock tower is that Asura get railed hard on it because we’re at the very least a third as tall as everyone else, meaning we never get to see our character model for the first minute or so of that puzzle.
Asura only instances please.

What are you willing to sacrifice?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jokeshop.9548

jokeshop.9548

Don’t change it Anet and don’t listen to the vocal minority like this guy!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I realise this is an optional puzzle, but I agree, it’s not fun. At first I thought it was all cool, everyone waiting around as the timer ticks away, it felt like a fairground ride. I laughed for the first 10 minutes. By the third hour I was too frustrated to continue and any glimmer of fun was gone.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akava Ranveer.6104

Akava Ranveer.6104

Felt accomplished after completing this jumping puzzle. I’m glad it required some effort on my part. Looking forward to more things like this in the future.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

“How will they lose players over this OPTIONAL puzzle that will only be here for FOUR more days.”

They already have, and not to mention its not OPTIONAL for those who love achievements. No where as a developer stated it is not part of the Halloween title achievement.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

MUH ACHIEVEMENTS

Dude it’s an “achievement” for a reason. If you are noob enough to not be able to get it, just deal witht it.
Else try harder, almost everyone can do it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Soulweaver.2190

Soulweaver.2190

Fun is subjective. For those who can do it, it might be fun. For clumsy butterthumbs like me who can’t even get halfway to the first chest on their 50th try, it really isn’t. Not finishing it will surely leave a sore hole in my achievements. I know that if I don’t get it soon, it will be left uncompleted forever as an event puzzle. Limited time puzzles should be less difficult while the ones added to the game permanently could just as well be as hard as they can make them.

So, while the particular puzzle is devilishly difficult, I’m not saying it should be nerfed, just that it was put into a wrong place.

[FR] Furious Rising, Ring of Fire; Soul Weaver (N/Ranger/80), Kuang Steak (C/War/80),
Zephyrweaver (H/Ele/80), Dusk Weaver (A/Thief/80), Soulweaver (S/Mes),
Svàlinn (C/Guard), Exxíon (A/Engi/80), Spectrallum (S/Necro)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

It’s completely optional. Period. You just choose to do it because somehow, you can’t forgive yourself for having that blank meter in your achievement page. If you LOVE achievements so much, you’d try your hardest to get this achievement without complaining about difficulty. In the end, you’re making it harder on yourself because you choose to do this OPTIONAL task, which obviously aggravates you.

Tough.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

If you don’t think it’s fun, why bother doing it? I thought it was fun and rewarding, so I spent a few hours there until I finally made it up there.

The Clock Tower is all about experience and practice. Do it often enough and you will get the hang of it. So basically you just have to L2P :P (never used that expression before but all these complainers are starting to annoy me, so final post about this topic from me)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I dont think this post went the way the OP intended.

I also love it, tons of fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Completed in one hour. Tower itself is easy, the only real difficulty were Charr players.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jokeshop.9548

jokeshop.9548

ACHIEVEments should be for when you ACHIEVE something difficult. If you love ACHIEVEments then you should savour the opportunity to ACHIEVE beyond the regular difficulty level of play.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean the other will have the same opinion as you do.

On the other hand good job fo Anet on making the best jumping puzzle I have ever seen!

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

“How will they lose players over this OPTIONAL puzzle that will only be here for FOUR more days.”

They already have, and not to mention its not OPTIONAL for those who love achievements. No where as a developer stated it is not part of the Halloween title achievement.

Actually, they have. The Clock Tower and Pumpkin Carving are NOT included in the overall Halloween achievement grouping. They are their own seperate achievements and nothing more.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

No where as a developer stated it is not part of the Halloween title achievement.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Emissary-of-the-Mad-King-Can-t-count/first#post551370

It’s on the first page, of the forum, marked with a little red talk bubble so you know Anet said something, and it’s the 6th post.

……………

P.S. I really like the Clock Tower. As an asuran ranger I’ve done it three times but stopped because I wanted to do other stuff and a few ToT bags really wasn’t worth it to me when I have ~6,000 in the bank.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

Don’t listen to the OP. This Clocktower is INCREDIBLY fun. I’ve spent a couple hours on it and still haven’t beaten it (started getting sloppy and dying earlier so I gave up for the night). This game NEEDS challenges, it’s far too easy for the most part.

Gamers need to learn patience and to accept (temporary) failure. Facerolling everything is boring.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sidac.5168

Sidac.5168

yea charr and norn make this event a living hell. cant see anything around when we are crammed in a narrow hallway.

The more i run this the more it seems im climbing anet’s middle finger.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sidac.5168

Sidac.5168

not to mention im sliding backwards on a staircase half the time…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

I had a ton of fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I thought it was great, completed it on all my characters. Yeah, it’s a little annoying to do on a Charr, I wish there were consumables that made you smaller for a period, but other than that, it’s fine.

Heavens forbid a challenge in this game. Keep it as it is, and add more of it, thanks!

Some people will complain about anything…

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

We got different definitions of fun.
For me challenges are fun.
Guess for most people who ever played SNES its is.
Ages ago when games weren’t easy as hell…
Finished it with 4 different characters already.
I love it

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

(edited by Sdric.8526)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

The clock tower in itself is one of the most fun thing’s I have done so far. It’s done perfectly, except that it is not a personal instance. There’s just so many big kitten people I can’t see myself. It’s getting to the point where some players are making new norn guards with big armor and spamming /say just to piss people off.