Please, don't assassinate Queen Jennah!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz, Trahearne is a sylvari – they can’t be risen.

And Jennah won’t be killed – Doric’s blood flows in her veins – this blood is so powerful that she can dismiss Ghosts from Ascalon, she can link every bloodstone into one big and release its powers (probably so much power that she could defeat elder dragon herself).

Hovewer, Order of Whispers stated that Jennah probably isn’t the only one with Doric’s blood. – Although it may be hard to find the other person, and even harder to put him/her on the throne (with the ministers grasping for influence).

Also, treaty with charr will maintain with queen or not. Many people amongst charr and humans are now friends and I don’t think any orders will ever change that. It’s too late. :P

Sorry for my english, I’m not a native speaker. ;c

Don’t ruin my mad fantasy with facts!

(btw your English is fine)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmph. For all we know, it’s an Amidala/Padme thing anyway … the Six know, Anise dresses more like a Queen than the “Queen” does. Looks far more like a Mesmer, too.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Kralkatorrik must take mental control of Logan, and make him kill her. It would be epic. And then he can run away.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Anise can’t be a queen, she is the leader of the Shining Blades, which means she will be personal guard of next queen/king of Kryta no matter what.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m sure they won’t, but I’d have no problems if Traherne is assassinated or is sacrificed. :b

Oh please, NO. The last thing that Mary Sue need is to become a martyr. That would make me so mad!
I just want him to go back to his mom and leave us alone.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

dooooo it ….& then let us club quaggans for their luxurious highly sought after hides

…Also: Asurans should discover a way to implant a Sylvari into a Dragon to take control over it. They’ll have to use the wimpiest most incorruptible Sylvari they can find though (Gee, wonder who that would be??) to minimize any chance he’d ever become enraged. Then the cycle will be complete.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I don’t see how they could kill her given she is prominent in the human personal story.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

The idea that a character shouldn’t or couldn’t die because they’re part of the personal story is ridiculous as far as I’m concerned. Is that really the sort of storytelling we want to see for the foreseeable future? Characters being kept around for the sake of being kept around is not a good direction to go in.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Guild Wars 2 dragons = Logan and Jennah’s fault. I did my part in taking down Zhaitan. Logan just went along for the ride.

You are either badly trying to troll people, or have never done the personal story/dungeon’s story (finishing with Arah story mode). Assuming you have done Arah story mode and at least somewhat paid attention, you will then recall that once your party and the pact repair the airship to usable condition again, one of the cast off lines jam (holding the airship to the ground). Logan chose to stay behind on the ground to cut the cast off line and free the airship, against the objections of Eir.
Later you re-meet up with Logan at the Pact Flag ship, The Glory of Tyria, who was able to escape the risen and join up with the flagship. So saying that Logan did nothing in the fight against Zhaitan is just false.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I agree with the idea that it would be bad to kill Queen Jennah. It would be too devastating to the human race, which is already on the brink of collapse anyway.

I think the developers haven’t properly portrayed how important Jennah is for the human race, or how bad is humanity’s situation right now. We see it a bit in the beginning of the human racial story, and we read it here and there, but it’s not shown anywhere else. The incoming update would be the perfect opportunity to show this – how humanity still stands, but with their backs to the wall and trying to prevent each other from falling.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

(edited by Erasculio.2914)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

They cannot kill off Jennah because she’s tied to way too many things that they cannot just go changing, such as Personal Story.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

You all forgot, Logan is actually a spy from Zhaitan! Did you really think he got that brand spanking new airship out of his kittens kittens? Zhaitan or Palawa Joko wannabe Treahearne turned him already! (Did you all go watch R.I.P.D? The hero’s partner was a dead man in disguise.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Theres a few facts here people have gotten wrong.

Firstly, Glint would be dead weither Logan was their or not. She was killed putting the collar on Kralkatorik that enabled Snaff to bring him down. She was dead before she hit the ground.

Secondly, though Kralkatorik may have died, there would still be 5 Elder Dragons around, none of who were as exposed as Kralkatorik had been, and theres a very good chance that the races of tyria may not have been incline to take them as seriously if just 7 people managed to kill one. The only reason we could take down Zhaitan is we had the backing and tech of 5 major races and a bunch of others.

Thirdly, Jennah did stop the attack on Ebonhawke by the Branded, but at the start she and Anise were stunned from trying to sense the mind of Kralkatorik who was the one who blew a hole in the wall of the fort. Logan bought her time to recover by getting the charr in the prison to fight with the human defenders. Its worth noting that while she was reeling from touching the mind of an ED is when she sent her paniced ‘SAVE ME’ to Logan.

Fourth, Jennah didnt know Destiny’s Edge was setting a trap to kill Kralkatorik. The last she had heard from the group, they were going to kill Glint to stop Kralkatorik from rising (they had their infomation muddled).

Fifth, Jennah and Logan’s love was both mutual and honest according to the Lore devs. Yes, the book didnt do a good job with it but it was supposed to be real. The whole point of Logan’s choice was that he didnt have a good one. He tried foolishly to do both and only barely managed one.

Sixth, If Jennah died its unlikely that you would see an allaince that allowed the Orders to thrive how they are. We know who would have taken Jennah’s place and at best both the humans and the charr would still be at war. Certainly its unlikely the Vigil would have had the ability or support to form as it did and the Charr would then be forced to divide their forces between fighting ghosts, the Branded, the Ogres, the Flame Legion, the humans (properly supported and organised humans) and potentially anything crawling out of the Crystal Desert.

If Jennah dies now, though it would be quite an event, it would send the whole worlds politics into freefall, particularly considering who would replace her. You would rapidly see things starting to fall apart and the unity between the nations fracture. Needless to say, the chances of any group being able to handle fighting another ED while such chaos was going on is slim, pushing back any further fights with them for quite some time (unless they just came to kick all our collective asses).

At least Kryta wouldnt have its bandit problem any more (since they work for the Ministry).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Why are people blaming Queen Jennah? She didn’t know about the trap and correspondence had been a mess for a while by then, and it was a desperate situation that would have left Kryta & Humanity without their leader and a succession crisis considering she was very young and had/still has no heir. The repercussion for choosing against Jennah would have been felt for a long time, and possibly ended in all but the total destruction of human kind when you think about it. The Charr treaty, and all the other threats faced by the human race and other races now face.

Also, I doubt they will kill her because she’s a major part of the human story and for new players who would miss the whole assassination thing in the future, it would be extremely confusing.

As for the bandit’s working for the Ministry, I doubt it. Because there are points in the human story that detail the primary sect of bandits, and they are anarchists. They hate both the ministry & the Queen. One such bandit can be convinced to abandon the anarchist movement, sort of.

On a personal level I would be pretty angry with this. I really like Queen Jennah and I would very much prefer see her in the future, handling the things going on in the world in the way she does and learn a lot more about who she is as a character as well as how she faces the challenges in future storylines in GW2. They have not done enough with her yet, and after this they still probably wont have done enough with her. I know there’s hints that there’s another “possible” claimant to the throne should Jennah die without an heir, but that person would be very far removed and not as directly connected to Queen Salma and other such ancestors as Jennah is. This is a very great opportunity to create a very memorable and important character for the IP, with further development and for any future GW games to meet the descendants of Queen Jennah would be really neat.

(edited by Shanna.4762)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Yeah, cause nothing that happens in the world can be out of sync with the Personal Story. The truth is, Jennah is only around in instances, they can easily kill her off while preserving this.

Rurik and Togo both die in GW1, that doesn’t stop you from repeating missions which have them alive. If they can kill an Elder Dragon yet have his minions and champions still appearing in the open world, they can easily take out a queen who has little to no relevance to the open world outside of minor mentions in a handful of DEs.

That’s all well and good, but you forget that Rurik and Togo dying are part of their respective games stories.

If an add-on (Guild Wars Beyond) had Rurik and Togo all fine and dandy, that would be an impressive paradox to bridge.

Queen Jennah does not die in Guild Wars 2. She looses relevance as you continue your personal story, but she’s still around.

The dungeons expand on the games lore to that end. Queen Jennah is a very important figure in this game.

We’re even getting a living story dedicated to her! :P

At best, the queens life may yet be threatened. Maybe she’ll be killed off in a later game.

But she’s not going to be killed off as part of the living story of this games story without some impressive explanation and some serious in-game retcon, leading into said sequel or something like that.

It could be done, but short of something as huge as a sequel it would be a horrible, stupid idea.

Though, seeing as the majority in this thread don’t pay attention to any of that I’m sure many of you would be none the wiser… even happy about it.

Bunch of sick puppies, some of you.

We can get something interesting without killing off beloved characters, calm your bloodlust. Remember Tybalt.

PS Quit hating on Traherne. It won’t end well~

in Queen's Jubilee

SirDrygan.1823

Yeah, this Queen’s jubilee really won’t end well, as you see Robert Hrouda already mentioned he is loving this type of threads! → https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/What-disaster-will-befall-QJ/page/3#post2542592

That has got to be hinting at something….. Logan’s going to be heartbroken!!!!!

in Queen's Jubilee

ilr.9675

You are either badly trying to troll people, or have never done the personal story/dungeon’s story (finishing with Arah story mode). Assuming you have done Arah story mode and at least somewhat paid attention, you will then recall that once your party and the pact repair the airship to usable condition again, one of the cast off lines jam (holding the airship to the ground). Logan chose to stay behind on the ground to cut the cast off line and free the airship, against the objections of Eir.
Later you re-meet up with Logan at the Pact Flag ship, The Glory of Tyria, who was able to escape the risen and join up with the flagship. So saying that Logan did nothing in the fight against Zhaitan is just false.

No I’m pretty sure you’re the one trolling at this point
#1, Any charr with half decent aim could have leaned over the bow and shot the line
Or any Asuran on-board could just whip out their Golem to do it…
#2. it’s all Asuran/Charr hybrid Tech that powers the big Ultra Mega Airship. Humans have nothing to do with it or its Radar picking you up, He just hitched a ride on it.
#3. …Logan escapes the undead? …duh, Running is the what he’s best at!

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

I hope not. He’s already been through hell and back again physically and emotionally. Always with the hard times those Thackery’s.

Though, Elbegast’s post in that thread was pretty hilarious and epic. Had to +1.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/What-disaster-will-befall-QJ/2544780

in Queen's Jubilee

ilr.9675

Ehh.. they already did the 1.21 Jumbawatts schtick tho… @ that underwater puzzle in Bloodtide

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

But she’s not going to be killed off as part of the living story of this games story without some impressive explanation and some serious in-game retcon, leading into said sequel or something like that.

We can get something interesting without killing off beloved characters, calm your bloodlust. Remember Tybalt.

PS Quit hating on Traherne. It won’t end well~

It’s the Living Story, it’s not the Static Story. They talked about difficulty in telling the Living Story and figuring out where to place it on the time line with the Personal Story and decided to not be too specific. That’s why the primary characters from the Personal Story (not just Destiny’s Edge) are not central to it. Despite all of that, at some point the Living Story has to treat the events of the Personal Story as past events for the story to truly be alive. We can’t just be stuck in the past.

I think we’re approaching the point where enough time has passed since launch (almost a year now) where we can expect the majority of players who would have finished the Personal Story have done so by now, allowing the Living Story to finally progress the world beyond the events contained within it. The Personal Story is not a reason why Jennah can’t die.

I don’t think Jennah is as beloved as you think she is. She very likely won’t die this month (it’s simply not ArenaNet’s style) but I don’t see any reason why she can’t.

Why are people blaming Queen Jennah? She didn’t know about the trap and correspondence had been a mess for a while by then, and it was a desperate situation that would have left Kryta & Humanity without their leader and a succession crisis considering she was very young and had/still has no heir. The repercussion for choosing against Jennah would have been felt for a long time, and possibly ended in all but the total destruction of human kind when you think about it. The Charr treaty, and all the other threats faced by the human race and other races now face.

Either she’s really stupid (she’s not) or she knew that Logan was part of an elite group of heroes who were on a mission to take out an Elder Dragon. She didn’t know the details but she knew he went off to fight an Elder Dragon. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that calling him away from his team on such a critical mission was going to have serious consequences for the team.

As far as Kryta being without a leakitten art of the cliché of Destiny’s Edge (and Edge of Destiny’s plot) was the theme about the races needing to come together to fight the dragons. It’s a central plot to the Personal Story and is ultimately symbolised by the Pact and Destiny’s Edge. As big a deal as Jennah may have been, consider a charr and a human working together in an elite team to be the first to ever defeat, not just a dragon champion (which was a big deal at the time) but an actual Elder Dragon? Kralkatorrik is probably the most relevant dragon to the charr, a team of a human and a charr working together to take him down is easily a stronger foothold in human/charr diplomacy, especially with Logan and Rytlock’s elevated status in their respective societies, than whatever Jennah brings to the table.

The thing about leaders is there’s always another. Jennah can be replaced (for all we know, her death could have been the rise of a great Krytan democracy, something the modern world considers far superior to a monarchy). Because this is a game, we know that one day Kralkatorrik will be defeated, but the opportunity wasted by Jennah and Logan was selfish on both their parts. As important as the unity of the humans and the charr is (and like leaders, there was more than one path to this) the first defeat of an Elder Dragon is bigger and actually set up the writers with an alternate path to a believable treaty between the humans and the charr.

Regardless of what happened in the past, there has been enough successful co-operation between the humans and the charr for their treaty to remain without Jennah. I don’t see any reason why they would kill her this month, but I don’t see why they can’t.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lutinz.6915

As for the bandit’s working for the Ministry, I doubt it. Because there are points in the human story that detail the primary sect of bandits, and they are anarchists. They hate both the ministry & the Queen. One such bandit can be convinced to abandon the anarchist movement, sort of.

Actually, almost every PS path for the first 20 levels for humans shows the Ministry or people connected to the Ministry being behind the bandits. The only two I can think of that dont show a direct connection are the Street Rat personal story arc (where its still hinted) and the Missing Parents arc.

The average bandit might be an anarchist but the ones pulling their strings are in the Ministry.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The thing about leaders is there’s always another. Jennah can be replaced (for all we know, her death could have been the rise of a great Krytan democracy, something the modern world considers far superior to a monarchy).

Eh, unlikely. It’s more likely that Caudecus would take control of the throne, and we know he’s both corrupt and unwilling to make peace with the Charr.

I wonder if part of the distate some have against Queen Jennah isn’t people being against a Monarchy, and unconsciouly projecting that on the queen itself.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daevas.6943

Daevas.6943

Please kill her off, she thinks she can tell the Ascalonians what to do because she is the only human queen left. She’s an evil commie kitten.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lutinz.6915

Either she’s really stupid (she’s not) or she knew that Logan was part of an elite group of heroes who were on a mission to take out an Elder Dragon. She didn’t know the details but she knew he went off to fight an Elder Dragon. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that calling him away from his team on such a critical mission was going to have serious consequences for the team.

Wrong. Destiny’s Edge were on a mission to kill Glint because they had been informed that she was trying to awaken Kralkatorik (They were obviously wrong). Logan never had left to fight a ED. He’d left to fight a Dragon Champion. She had no idea he or any of Destiny’s Edge were planning to ambush Kralkatorik or that they had Glints aid.

Infact, considering Kralkatorik had woken up it could be strongly argued that their actual mission had already failed.

As far as Kryta being without a leakitten art of the cliché of Destiny’s Edge (and Edge of Destiny’s plot) was the theme about the races needing to come together to fight the dragons. It’s a central plot to the Personal Story and is ultimately symbolised by the Pact and Destiny’s Edge. As big a deal as Jennah may have been, consider a charr and a human working together in an elite team to be the first to ever defeat, not just a dragon champion (which was a big deal at the time) but an actual Elder Dragon? Kralkatorrik is probably the most relevant dragon to the charr, a team of a human and a charr working together to take him down is easily a stronger foothold in human/charr diplomacy, especially with Logan and Rytlock’s elevated status in their respective societies, than whatever Jennah brings to the table.

Kralkatorik’s death would have just as likely lead to the races dismissing the threat of the Elder Dragons. Considering that Logan and Rytlock had already made great fame killing Dragon champions.

Also your ignoring who would replace Jennah and even if the Charr did suddenly turn around and favor peace with the humans the humans certianly wouldnt be looking for peace. Worse, while the Charr would still have problems with the Branded, Ghosts, and Flame Legions they would now be fighting a human nation with far less threats since it wouldnt have its bandit problem and you wouldnt have a corrupt ministry supplying weapons to the Centaur.

The Pact and the Vigil would also have had a hard time forming. For a start, even if the Charr leadership still supported the idea of a unified approach to the EDs (after all if 7 people could kill and ED, why would the Charr need extra help to fight them) theres very little chance that Kryta would except them setting up anywhere near human territory, particularly with a charr in charge.

Jennah’s importance isnt only what she offers Tyria, which is a lot, but also who she keeps out of power by holding the throne. She is what keeps the kryta supporting the unified approach which was hard enough to organise as it is. Its why the Order of Whispers is so interested in protecting her position of power from her rivals.

The thing about leaders is there’s always another. Jennah can be replaced (for all we know, her death could have been the rise of a great Krytan democracy, something the modern world considers far superior to a monarchy).

We now exactly who would and will replace Jennah.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caudecus

Hes not a good guy. He would be a disaster and most definately wouldnt have favored a treaty with the charr.

Further, Kryta’s government is already semi democratic. The Ruler of Kryta shares power with the Ministry, which is made up of elected individuals that represent seperate parts in Kryta. It includes commoners as well as nobles. Unfortunately there is a strong element in the Ministry which is very corrupt and attempting to errode Jennah’s hold on power and popularity, including supporting the bandits and supplying weapons and information to the Centaurs.

Jennah’s replacement would be bad news. Certainly the Order of Whispers thinks so (including Caudecus’s own daughter).

Regardless of what happened in the past, there has been enough successful co-operation between the humans and the charr for their treaty to remain without Jennah. I don’t see any reason why they would kill her this month, but I don’t see why they can’t.

Maybe now but the treaty is still pretty fragile. Its due to both Smolder and Jennah’s efforts that the treaty is working. At best, Caudecus will leave it alone but its likely that he will withdraw Krytan support for efforts against the EDs who he doesn’t seem to consider a major threat to Kryta (so the Order of Whispers says). He would also probably start looking to building up Kryta’s military strength, self interests and be less open to negociation. This would almost certainly be looked at badly by the charr.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

THE REASONS QUEEN JENNA CAN NOT DIE:

If she dies, the Mad King will lose the last relative, it would apply one of the seals to return him to death…. basically no Mad King’s Holiday.

Caddicus take the throne, hence all the thugs will outlive their usefulness.

New war with Charr, Jenna sought peace, Caddicus will not.

Seeing all those changes require work, and the snail pace with content coming out, I doubt A-Net will risk it.

So stop worrying, she will live.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Shes going to be captured by a giant green turtle with spikes on its shell, and spits fire, escaping into a hot air balloon with a basket looking like an evil smiling face.

In order to save her, we must enter a dungeon that hws several castles in it, defeat each one to find her, an each wrong cadtle will just have another captive telling us to try somewhere else.

And when you do find the right castle, only way to beat the tiant turtle is by being on a bridge, getting by him, ajd using an axe at the end to cut it, sending the giant turtle into the river of lava.

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

Shes going to be captured by a giant green turtle with spikes on its shell, and spits fire, escaping into a hot air balloon with a basket looking like an evil smiling face.

In order to save her, we must enter a dungeon that hws several castles in it, defeat each one to find her, an each wrong cadtle will just have another captive telling us to try somewhere else.

And when you do find the right castle, only way to beat the tiant turtle is by being on a bridge, getting by him, ajd using an axe at the end to cut it, sending the giant turtle into the river of lava.

Seems legit. I would play such a game!

in Queen's Jubilee

Shiren.9532

Wrong. Destiny’s Edge were on a mission to kill Glint because they had been informed that she was trying to awaken Kralkatorik (They were obviously wrong). Logan never had left to fight a ED. He’d left to fight a Dragon Champion. She had no idea he or any of Destiny’s Edge were planning to ambush Kralkatorik or that they had Glints aid.

Infact, considering Kralkatorik had woken up it could be strongly argued that their actual mission had already failed.

It’s been a long time since I read Edge of Destiny. Fighting an Elder Dragon’s Champion isn’t much better than an Elder Dragon, the end result is still Jennah calling him away from his team when she knew they were in the field of battle (and I could be wrong on this, but didn’t Kralkatorrik fly past Jennah and in the direction that Destiny’s Edge was known to have headed to take on Glint?). The stakes might be lower to just kill a champion (and I’ve personally fought Glint, she’s not that hard) but it’s still a big deal.

Kralkatorik’s death would have just as likely lead to the races dismissing the threat of the Elder Dragons. Considering that Logan and Rytlock had already made great fame killing Dragon champions.

Also your ignoring who would replace Jennah and even if the Charr did suddenly turn around and favor peace with the humans the humans certianly wouldnt be looking for peace.

The Pact and the Vigil would also have had a hard time forming. For a start, even if the Charr leadership still supported the idea of a unified approach to the EDs (after all if 7 people could kill and ED, why would the Charr need extra help to fight them) theres very little chance that Kryta would except them setting up anywhere near human territory, particularly with a charr in charge.

I don’t buy that. The only reason Destiny’s Edge had a chance to kill Kralkatorrik was because they had Glint’s aid. It wasn’t seven people, it was seven people and an ancient and powerful dragon champion who was intimately familiar with her opponent. The whole point of Destiny’s Edge is to show that the races working together are stronger than them working alone. It seems crazy to me you would argue that a mixed racial group succeeding where entire racial armies failed proves that the races don’t need each other.

Jennah’s importance isnt only what she offers Tyria, which is a lot, but also who she keeps out of power by holding the throne. She is what keeps the kryta supporting the unified approach which was hard enough to organise as it is. Its why the Order of Whispers is so interested in protecting her position of power from her rivals.

Jennah’s replacement would be bad news. Certainly the Order of Whispers thinks so (including Caudecus’s own daughter).

I’m not convinced Caudecus is as bad as people think he is. He may be corrupt, he may be shady, but this is politics, not a teddy bear picnic. Someone willing to sacrifice his own people to get into power ain’t the kind of guy I want leading me, but most of the Caudecus accusations are never confirmed are they? You also have to consider than Jennah’s decision to hold onto the throne instead of handing it over prolongs the conflict. She could surrender the monarchy and step aside (or run for government in an election) but she chooses to stay in power. As Queen she is responsible for the lives lost during her rule, especially when she is able to do something about it but doesn’t. Maybe Kryta needs a ruthless leader to win the fight against the dragons? He may not come off as a heroic leader, that’s not to say Caudecus won’t be the most effective leader. If what you say is true about his undermining Jennah, he’s actually more effective than her with less political power. If Jennah was out of the way, the conflict within the Krytan government would be resolved. People view Caudecus as the thorn that needs to be pulled because he’s portrayed as a villain (his physical characteristics alone tell you he’s the villain when juxtaposed with Jennah), but the truth is either party can be removed to end the conflict.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shiren.9532

One of the most compelling war stories I’ve ever read had a heroic character who was leading his people in a civil war. There was a better life for them on the other side of the war, but to get to it they had to kill a lot of their country’s own people and they would lose a lot of his own allies, always with the chance they would fail. People who put their lives in his hands, who trusted him to be their saviour were going to die. One of the most interesting things the leader said when talking to the enemy general was that he was going to go to hell for what he did. He didn’t regret his actions, but his war inflicted death and suffering upon the same people he swore to protect and fight for, he considered it a sin that couldn’t be forgiven. Jennah might not be killing the people herself, but as the queen she is responsible for their deathkitten

Maybe now but the treaty is still pretty fragile. Its due to both Smolder and Jennah’s efforts that the treaty is working. At best, Caudecus will leave it alone but its likely that he will withdraw Krytan support for efforts against the EDs who he doesn’t seem to consider a major threat to Kryta (so the Order of Whispers says). He would also probably start looking to building up Kryta’s military strength, self interests and be less open to negociation. This would almost certainly be looked at badly by the charr.

So who’s ruling Kryta? Jennah or the Order of Whispers? I’m obviously missing a lot of information on Caudecus because while I played the Order of Whispers story in the game (and helped Demi) I have no idea where people are getting Caudecus’s political leanings when it comes to Elder Dragons. Last time I checked, Kryta wasn’t a big player in the war with Zhaitan. It was the Pact doing all the work. Caudecus doesn’t strike me as a coward or a stupid man, he’s actually very clever and knows how to identify opportunities that benefit him. If he’s willing to work with the centaurs and the bandits, why wouldn’t he work with the charr?

Ultimately it comes down to what the writers want to write. They want Jennah to be the good queen, this much has been forced on us with convenient political alliances to reinforce that fact. They want Caudecus to be the shady villain that we can’t quite pin down. This has been one of the more compelling GW2 plots. They also want us to believe that Jennah is necessary for the charr/human treaty to take place. For as long as the writer holding the pen has decided that’s the case, it doesn’t matter that other options exist. The writer is god.

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

So who’s ruling Kryta? Jennah or the Order of Whispers? I’m obviously missing a lot of information on Caudecus because while I played the Order of Whispers story in the game (and helped Demi) I have no idea where people are getting Caudecus’s political leanings when it comes to Elder Dragons. Last time I checked, Kryta wasn’t a big player in the war with Zhaitan. It was the Pact doing all the work. Caudecus doesn’t strike me as a coward or a stupid man, he’s actually very clever and knows how to identify opportunities that benefit him. If he’s willing to work with the centaurs and the bandits, why wouldn’t he work with the charr?

Ultimately it comes down to what the writers want to write. They want Jennah to be the good queen, this much has been forced on us with convenient political alliances to reinforce that fact. They want Caudecus to be the shady villain that we can’t quite pin down. This has been one of the more compelling GW2 plots. They also want us to believe that Jennah is necessary for the charr/human treaty to take place. For as long as the writer holding the pen has decided that’s the case, it doesn’t matter that other options exist. The writer is god.

Doesn’t the potter have the right to make use of their clay as they see fit? Many artists are such ‘gods’.

What can be VS what is so isn’t for you to decide in regards to another persons clay, but is the creators right to do so as they will.

Your criticisms may be noted or disregarded at their discretion, but you have no power or authority to speak either to one thing or another in regards to their work.

I like the vision they have at present. Your vision is weird. Many horrible people didn’t have to be horrible people.

They could have been decent or good people. But they decided to be horrible people.

Who he could be is irrelevant. Caudecus is a bad guy. That’s just the matter of fact, the lore at present.

If he took the throne from Queen Jennah, it would be bad news for a lot of people.

Yes if you could rewrite the story, Caudecus could be the pink unicorn of salvation for the great empire of the misunderstood bat people.

But we are where we are. It is what it is.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Queen Jennah dies.
Logan becomes King.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

But Minister Caudicus wants the throne! It would be the perfect segway for a real (real destructive, that is) leader to come in and force us to attempt to kill all of the Elder Dragons. Unfortunately humans will become extinct because no other race is going to listen to some stuck-up old guy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lenaro.5924

Lenaro.5924

I’ve been told I have the power to see into the future, I’ll tap into it for you folks, because I’m just that nice.

-Jenna dies.
-In the power vacuum created Caudicus and Logan duke it out for the kingdom
-Logan kills Caudicus and claims the throne.
-Logan gets mobbed by adoring tween fans and trampled to death.
-Every single human in a position of power dies due to their own frailty and stupidity.
-Charr invade Kryta and reclaim their lands.
-Charr enslave Humans, sounds mean, but don’t worry it’s actually really funny.
-Charr decide it’d be funny to spread a plague among the humans.
-They were wrong, funny is an under-sale, it turns out to be hilarious.
-Plague has unexpected consequences and turns all of the human survivors into Quaggans (PC and NPCs).
-We learn the origin story of Quaggans, it makes quite a lot of sense.

in Queen's Jubilee

SirDrygan.1823

I hope not. He’s already been through hell and back again physically and emotionally. Always with the hard times those Thackery’s.

Though, Elbegast’s post in that thread was pretty hilarious and epic. Had to +1.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/What-disaster-will-befall-QJ/2544780

Didn’t you know? Human’s are fuelled by anger, hatred and vengefulness!!! The more tragedy that befalls humans, the more stronger they get!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

You people make me laugh :-P You vote Kiel who is a do-gooder, but yet Jennah, the beacon of peace and unity, you want her assassinated. o.O

Probably because those people aren’t posting on the forums. The forums are a dirty sample of the worst the community has to offer, more often then not.

This thread gives me a headache. You lot who are hating on Logan have either never finished the games story, skipped it, or you’re really bad trolls.

Logan is directly responsible for your victory against Zhaitan.

If he didn’t offer himself as tribute (and survive no less because he’s a tropes BA/hero like that) and go (good guy) Shiro on the risen army to see the rest of the party out of Arah, we’d all be dead/undead in Orr.

This is a man that solo’s a city worth of zombies… and wins, going on to find his way back to you right on time to help you kill Zhaitan.

Logan’s more then redeemed himself. He’s a good man and he exemplifies what it means to be human.

Without Jennah, we wouldn’t have humans and charr on a road to peace. She’s a great leader and we’ll live in a better more exciting world for it.

On top of that using some simple logic, we know she isn’t going to be killed. She’s an integral character to the games personal story. That would create a nasty paradox.

She isn’t going anywhere OP. Long live Queen Jennah!

Shame the writing in this isn’t like Game of Thrones….you’d never know who’d be next on the chopping block then!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Guild Wars 2 dragons = Logan and Jennah’s fault. I did my part in taking down Zhaitan. Logan just went along for the ride.

(Guess I’ll have to watch the cutscenes when I finally do Arah, which is the only dungeon left for me to do)
Well thats just suspicious. No way can one man do/survive that. He’s either a disguised risen now, or he ran away immediately, or he’s something else (another dragons minion, a robot, something).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If the previous story (personnel and dungeon) is taken as past story, then why not kill her off? It’d come as a shock, we’d get to see Logan actually do something for himself, and it would take the story farther. Maybe the separatists have an alliance with the inquest and that allows them to turn her own guards against her. (The payer and Logan could be there to witness the whole thing.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Didn’t you know? Human’s are fuelled by anger, hatred and vengefulness!!! The more tragedy that befalls humans, the more stronger they get!

It’s all that spiral energy we have.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

Actually please assassinate her. It would certainly turn the story into more interesting direction as that action would have rather far reaching consequences considering the role she plays for humans, treaty, and elder dragons.

Assassinating her would:

• Cause turmoil in human lands
  • Stress the relationships between humans and charr (especially if Charr assassin)
  • Cause personal disaster in Logan’s life (seriously the opportunities here are endless – antihero, former friend turned enemy, treaty broker etc etc. He can be the new Shiro)
  • Spread plot hooks to entangle destiny’s edge and elder dragons

Really assassinating Jennah would probably be the best that could happen. I mean we have celebration after celebration. We need something darker. Something that shakes the world. I mean who cares about some nameless Charr rep dying. I already forgot him (her?) but Jennah… just make us familiar with her first. Make us like her. Make it personal and not just another face we have never really met.

Btw don’t kill Logan. It wouldn’t achieve anything. So he dies. Half of the people celebrate while half go wtf. It wouldn’t even give that many good hooks since what would destiny’s edge do anyway? Mourn and then carry on in shadows like they do now. The queen would sulk and probably ask us to find the killer but beyond that it would not affect anything.

The irony here is that Destiny’s edge was supposed to be something but they really are not. I hardly know them. They could all die and I wouldn’t care at all. I care more about Kiel than I do about them (and I don’t really care about Kiel either).

(edited by Northlander.4619)

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

The irony here is that Destiny’s edge was supposed to be something but they really are not. I hardly know them.

Make a day where you’re not going to skip the dungeon cutscenes. Story ones in particular.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Blaine.4251

Blaine.4251

Killing Jennah would actually cause huge changes in the world and we all know that this won’t happen in this game, so rest assured, only unimportant characters that are introduced after the whole level-story and personal-story will die in the future, because it’s temporary content and nobody cares about them anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

kill the queen, we need a brave king instead.

I’m tired of female leaders in this game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

This feels like alot of Evon supporter backlash for the butt whooping they got in the election.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Kill off Logan instead!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Killing her off is too easy. Now, slow corruption … that would shake things up, and set the stage for some crazy interesting plot. Plus, she’s a Mesmer: how do we know there’s
really a Jenna, anyway?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wrydan.2510

Wrydan.2510

Do not fear, citizens of Kryta.

The CVA does not wish to harm the Queen, only remove her from her seat of overbearing power. Her selfish rule will soon end once we make our move.
The events at the pavilion are unfortunate however, as they have drawn more security once again. Rest assured though, humanity will soon be freed from her tyranny.

Thank you and good day.

((stirring the pot))

Prima Noyan – The Original Rainbow Guardian.
[CVA] has spread from Eve Online to GW2!
“For The Toast”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

She’s responsible for an Elder Dragon being alive today. Logan ran to save her, instead of saving the world.

There is no proof that having Logan at the fight would have changed the outcome. Yes, they would have had a better shot by purely a numbers standpoint but the second you change 1 variable in a process the previous outcome becomes void.

In book it clearly states that logan would have given time need to one Slay the Elder dragon and 2 Keep Snaff alive. With Snaff all 5 elder dragons would be dead already. Only Asura who made war machines. That was true loss of that fight.

With Queens death though Treaty with Char is broken and world is kittened. I want to point that out.

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You know before this update I would’ve said they probably wouldn’t kill Jennah, but now I think it’s a definite possibility.

They revealed too much good stuff for the humans not to beat them back down again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

You know before this update I would’ve said they probably wouldn’t kill Jennah, but now I think it’s a definite possibility.

They revealed too much good stuff for the humans not to beat them back down again.

I am hoping for the hole to come back… as if it never left! yessss I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN MISTER HOLE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Who knows, the Flames of Kryta might foreshadowing some darker content that is approaching :p