So Being 1-Shot is meant to be a Challenge?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

If you play through DMD mode on the very first game fresh with no extended health bar with just what you were able to aquire at the time, a Devil triggered shadow will one shot you with the spear attack. With that in mind if you make a mistake you die. Same as Liadri. In devil may cry you would stock up on some health to counter that. which is adapting.

People complain saying I shouldn’t have to retrait specifically for this and that. Yes, yes you do. You bring the right tools for the job or expect to lose. There is a reason why there is an npc to retrait inside the pavilion area. You’ve played Devil may cry, that’s like saying wow I Shouldn’t have to use Ifrit to beat nightmare on dmd I want to use Alastor. Another example is fighting a Conditionmancer and then losing only to complain and say " I shouldnt have to use Condition removal to win". lol what?

Are you insane? That is THE hardest setting in the entire game, which you can’t even do until you’ve already beaten the game, and most people never even used it.
You can’t compare that to first-tier enemies with no added difficulty.

Are people seriously having troubles with the first-tier of enemies? Learn the mechanics of the game, and the mechanics of the mobs. They were not ridiculously challenging, they were fair and engaging encounters.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thryfe.2576

Thryfe.2576

I’m not insane, I used that example because I recently picked up my HD collection again and did just that. If you use the right weapons and know how the boss mechanics work the difficulty gets much more manageable. Nightmare used to annihilate me then I figured out an efficient way to beat him and it was pretty much easy. Same with Nelo Angelo. I’ll link you a vid to show you what I mean. Skip to around 30 sec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0N5XOw-zXY

The point is, you practice your kitten off until you can perform the fight flawlessly and then once your used to it and know how it works it becomes much more manageable. Same exact thing with Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Thryfe.2576

If you play through DMD mode on the very first game fresh with no extended health bar with just what you were able to aquire at the time, a Devil triggered shadow will one shot you with the spear attack. With that in mind if you make a mistake you die. Same as Liadri. In devil may cry you would stock up on some health to counter that. which is adapting.

People complain saying I shouldn’t have to retrait specifically for this and that. Yes, yes you do. You bring the right tools for the job or expect to lose. There is a reason why there is an npc to retrait inside the pavilion area. You’ve played Devil may cry, that’s like saying wow I Shouldn’t have to use Ifrit to beat nightmare on dmd I want to use Alastor. Another example is fighting a Conditionmancer and then losing only to complain and say " I shouldnt have to use Condition removal to win". lol what?

Are you insane? That is THE hardest setting in the entire game, which you can’t even do until you’ve already beaten the game, and most people never even used it.

Also forgot to mention im talking specifically about Liadri where most of the one shotting happens rather than tier 1 bosses.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Are people seriously having troubles with the first-tier of enemies? Learn the mechanics of the game, and the mechanics of the mobs. They were not ridiculously challenging, they were fair and engaging encounters.

Fair? Kialdrin will literally cover the entire arena in tornadoes well before the timer runs out, and can easily chain knock you to death if you hit one even before then, which will happen easily with the terrible camera boundaries.

I was able to beat them all too, that doesn’t mean they aren’t crap.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

I attempted to do the gauntlet, first with my ranger, who has over 21k hp then with my necro who has almost 27k but it didn’t matter, they both got 1-shotted almost as soon as they entered the arena. This is ridiculous!

To me, a challenge means having a reasonable chance in a fight, which can offer some fun, but being downed in 1 hit from that many HP is simply ludicrous. Through perseverance I managed to defeat 3 of them, but when same thing happened in the 4th round i simply gave up and won’t be back there again. Being 1-shotted all the time and dying over and over again, is not my idea of fun!

On my ranger I have beat the first three challenges with no problems. You have to kite and dodge. Also each boss requires a different strategy, some melee some ranged. Try again and try constantly moving never stand still. Good luck

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

1-shot kills have been condemned since the beginning (Dungeons).
no-one likes being one-shotted.
It’s not a smart way to create challenge.

Hence, in my view,

Anet has failed to realise that 1-shot kills aren’t fun, and has failed to create an inspired challenge mechanic.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’m sorry, but if you’re finding the tier 1 enemies difficult, this one small piece of content was never designed for you in the first place.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Aliette the diff is , OHKO should not be the main mechanic of the fight , thats poor design in any video game standard. a better example of challenge would be to have her doing normal attacks like the other fights , with the OHKO with a tell sign , as well as death traps to avoid. one wrong step and your dead , here ? its just ridiculous , you have adds that are instant death , aoe thats instant death , floating spheres that can pull you INTO the instant death aoe , high health pool. all a bad combination of actually putting challenge into a fight.

It’s the last boss of a series of 12. It’s meant to be hard. All of the mechanics are there, and the method of beating her is there. Take out the orbs. Learn the patterns for the AoE. Learn how to efficiently move around and pull her mobs. The fight is extremely hard, yes, but it’s fair.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Thryfe.2576

Hence, in my view,

Anet has failed to realise that 1-shot kills aren’t fun, and has failed to create an inspired challenge mechanic.

I don’t mind them, I actually enjoyed every single fight in the gauntlet. I’m sure that im probably not alone in that statement either. I’ve never had a problem with stuff like that as long as there is a strategy you can use to overcome it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navtyr.1654

Navtyr.1654

Pretty much what it’s been said so far. This part of the game was MEANT for bragging rights as it is a tough challenge intentionaly and if you wanna steamroll casual mobs, this isn’t for you. Nuff said.

in Queen's Jubilee

AlietteFaye.7316

Fair? Kialdrin will literally cover the entire arena in tornadoes well before the timer runs out, and can easily chain knock you to death if you hit one even before then, which will happen easily with the terrible camera boundaries.

I was able to beat them all too, that doesn’t mean they aren’t crap.

It’s supposed to be a DPS race, and even then you have a few options in that fight. You can opt to burst Kialdrin down before it gets too hectic for you. You can bring Stability to counter the tornadoes while you DPS her. What do you want? For her to just stand there and let you beat her up for a free win?

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Being 1-shotted all the time and dying over and over again, is not my idea of fun!

Listen! YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT.

I agree with everything you said. It is not “your idea of fun”.

The problem is this game is made for millions of player to play. Not just you. Some other people may enjoy it.

That’s the beauty of the game. Even if you don’t enjoy certain part of the game, you may enjoy other part of it. There’s something for everyone.

So if you find “this specific” content unenjoyable to play, just dont’ do it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Being 1-shotted all the time and dying over and over again, is not my idea of fun!

Listen! YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT.

I agree with everything you said. It is not “your idea of fun”.

No one has fun being 1-shotted over and over again. No one. Except some extreme masochists I suppose.

Thankfully though, we as human beings have the capability to learn, adapt, and ultimately avoid being 1-shotted through application of our experiences =).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Word in game is there is a way to beat them all, and it’s not too difficult. I watched one guy blow through each foe in the gauntlet. Me, I died a lot and walked away. For me it seemed like a waste of time. Why? If they use this as a training ground to how hard the end game will become, I’m gone. Others may love it. If I want to prove something I make sure my family is fed, and has a roof over their head.

Side note: Knowing mmo’s like I do. I’m sure someone will uncover an exploit or two then it’ll be shut down. LOL Don’t sweat it, don’t let it anger you. Just not worth it.

The next game they have planned to follow in this vein is “Hammer head” you bang your head against a wall and see how long til you stop.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Hence, in my view,

Being one shotted is proof of poor game mechanics. The gaming companies say it is compelling. It is, it compels you to go somewhere else. LOL

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Hence, in my view,

Being one shotted is proof of poor game mechanics. The gaming companies say it is compelling. It is, it compels you to go somewhere else. LOL

No it allows for zero room for error. The Red AoE circles has a delay. The Orb’s pull has a Delay. The adds walk at a slowed speed. If you died, it’s your fault.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

AlietteFaye.7316

Word in game is there is a way to beat them all, and it’s not too difficult. I watched one guy blow through each foe in the gauntlet. Me, I died a lot and walked away. For me it seemed like a waste of time. Why? If they use this as a training ground to how hard the end game will become, I’m gone. Others may love it. If I want to prove something I make sure my family is fed, and has a roof over their head.

Side note: Knowing mmo’s like I do. I’m sure someone will uncover an exploit or two then it’ll be shut down. LOL Don’t sweat it, don’t let it anger you. Just not worth it.

The next game they have planned to follow in this vein is “Hammer head” you bang your head against a wall and see how long til you stop.

So you don’t like any sort of challenge or difficulty in content? I’m just curious, not trying to be mean.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

I’d have to disagree. Being one shot is a very basic mechanic that invokes players to think and memorize patterns which can be seen as challenging.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

“Can someone please explain to me that if you understand how to dodge, how are you still getting 1-shotted?
On the flip side, if I’m able to constantly dodge a strong attack, and another player isn’t, does that mean I’m more skilled or more lucky?”

(Don’t know how to do several quotes in one post)
Just a small note, I’m not complaining about any of the bosses, but dodging does not necessarily mean you won’t get hit by the 1HKO. Most of them require mechanics to avoid (Stepping in the AoE during the Blazing Light fight, for example.)

The “Dodge” mechanic is straight forward. Double tap or key bind it, and the action happens. But you need to know how to dodge, and where to dodge to. If you dodge something, but roll off a ledge, or into AOE, you’ll still be in a world of hurt.

..Yes, I am aware of how Dodge works, sorry if my post was unclear.

The point to that paragraph was noting that if you try to dodge some OHKOs, like during the Blazing Light fight, you’ll have a bad time. Some of them require specific mechanics to avoid, which in her case is standing in her AoE skill, which applies a buff, to be immune to her skill.

Edit: I also want to add an issue I have with the gauntlet, and that is how inconvenient it is to die. Not only do you have to die, and address repair costs, but unless you have someone nearby, you have to WP down, and walk all the way up.

I know, it’s a silly complaint, but it’s definitely annoying.

(edited by seandkiller.8471)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

To the question in the thread’s title:

No. 1-Hit kills are done to make a fight unreasonably difficult for no reason and to suck the fun out of it very quickly. Anyone who claims it is a good mechanic or a “challenge” is lying, or trolling, or someone who likes suffering/dying a lot.

My advice to just not bother with it. It’s not worth the trouble at all. All we can do now is point out how bad it is here, and hope the powers that be actually notice…probably not.

in Queen's Jubilee

seandkiller.8471

To the question in the thread’s title:

No. 1-Hit kills are done to make a fight unreasonably difficult for no reason and to suck the fun out of it very quickly. Anyone who claims it is a good mechanic or a “challenge” is lying, or trolling, or someone who likes suffering/dying a lot.

My advice to just not bother with it. It’s not worth the trouble at all. All we can do now is point out how bad it is here, and hope the powers that be actually notice…probably not.

I have no problems with 1HKOs (Perhaps because I’ve had to deal with them in the past), as long as they are telegraphed properly, that is.

For example, during the Blazing Light, if you pay attention, you can see her stop for a few seconds. This is your time to grab the counter.

Granted, if they are not designed properly, 1HKOs are not fair. My view is, if you can see it coming, and if you can counter it, it’s fair.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

Well, so far, the only one that seemed to be done right was the first opponent you fight, with the hammer, and the sniper. The others are tricky to notice, annoying to dodge, and sometimes when I have dodged it the game apparently decides I didn’t, because I’ll get hit anyway. And no one can claim that last boss was a proper design, with the 1 hit kill clones, 1 hit kill AoE, and orbs that can pull you into the AoE, and invulnerability that forces you to rely on a mech anic that makes you have to stop moving in order to use.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I can’t get past Tier 1 Fight 4. I get 1 shotted by the blast. Standing in the black spots dosesn’t work at all cause they just damage me. so i’m at a loss.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Queen's Jubilee

seandkiller.8471

I can’t get past Tier 1 Fight 4. I get 1 shotted by the blast. Standing in the black spots dosesn’t work at all cause they just damage me. so i’m at a loss.

Try to stand in them for a few seconds…The buff lasts for a bit after you exit the circle.

To the poster above your post: Are you sure you’re supposed to dodge in those fights? Not trying to belittle you or anything, just making sure you know that some fights, dodging isnt the answer.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

Dodging isn’t the answer huh? Strange, everyone else seems to think that those of us complaining don’t dodge and just sit there taking the hits. I do try to avoid the hits and avoid taking damage, but that isn’t the answer, huh? I guess I just suck then. Well, no more of that gauntlet garbage anyway. Not fun, not worth it.

in Queen's Jubilee

AlietteFaye.7316

Dodging isn’t the answer huh? Strange, everyone else seems to think that those of us complaining don’t dodge and just sit there taking the hits. I do try to avoid the hits and avoid taking damage, but that isn’t the answer, huh? I guess I just suck then. Well, no more of that gauntlet garbage anyway. Not fun, not worth it.

He didn’t mean that you’re a bad player that isn’t dodging. He was saying that in some of the fights in the Gauntlet, you can’t just dodge the mechanic. You have to obey what the mechanic is in order to defeat the boss. And dodging isn’t the way to do it in some instances.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wilhelm.6894

Wilhelm.6894

I guess I just suck then.

Sums up some of the problems people in this thread or ingame seem to be having. I’ve seen people sit on the first t1 boss the entire 2mins before falling. They obviously got the mechanics to live for that long but you actually have to hit some abilities every now and then to come out ahead.

Not saying that’s everyones problem but when mechanics are known and you’re able to take advantage of them and still come up short it’s a player problem not a-net. You need some dmg in there along with being able to avoid mechanics, full tank gear won’t get you far even if you’re a skilled player.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I’m sorry to say this but; if you continuously die to 1 shot mechanics; to me it means you have a problem with learning. If you don’t understand the reason why you failed; how in the world do you plan on succeeding?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wilhelm.6894

Wilhelm.6894

If you don’t understand the reason why you failed; how in the world do you plan on succeeding?

Life lessons in a vidya gaem? blasphemy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

To me, a challenge means having a reasonable chance in a fight, which can offer some fun, but being downed in 1 hit from that many HP is simply ludicrous. Through perseverance I managed to defeat 3 of them, but when same thing happened in the 4th round i simply gave up and won’t be back there again. Being 1-shotted all the time and dying over and over again, is not my idea of fun!

Sometimes the content is crappy. Just wait around for the next content.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Queen's Jubilee

seandkiller.8471

He didn’t mean that you’re a bad player that isn’t dodging. He was saying that in some of the fights in the Gauntlet, you can’t just dodge the mechanic. You have to obey what the mechanic is in order to defeat the boss. And dodging isn’t the way to do it in some instances.

Yes, this is what I was saying.

Yes, dodging in some fights is the way to avoid the instakill, but you can’t just dodge against say, Salazan or the Blinding Light. They have mechanics specific to them to avoid the OHKO attack. Disregarding the mechanics is not the way past these fights.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

Ok, for all of you who are saying you need zerker gear and build, let me say that I am a mesmer, My traits are 10/10/10/10/30, my gear is precision, power, condition damage, with trinkets for healing, toughness, cond, and I beat all the bosses so far bar Liadri. I did not ever retrait or change gear, I changed my weapons and slot skills, tried different things and figured it out, it’s not Impossibe.

(edited by Yata.8932)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I did it just fine on my Necromancer, took me half a dozen attempts but i did it.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

There are 3 ways to avoid these 1 shot kills.
1) Dodge it
2) Interrupt it (stun, daze, knockdown, etc.)

3) Block
4) Blind
5) Evade Skills
6) Invulnerability Skills
7) Reflection (projectiles)

Every class has the tools, player just need to adapt and use them. The only champion worth complaining about is Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I don’t mind the challenge, and I’ve seen several people point to other unforgiving games where you die and die and die till you get the pattern down.

That’s all nice and well, but unlike those games you need a ticket for every try you do. Also, you have repair costs and even more annoying, you end up dead on the walkway hoping someone will revive you or you time out and drop dead in the middle of mobs with no choice but to wp.

Couldn’t they have just made us appear alive at the walkway again? The battles are hard enough as they are, all this time stretching is just annoying.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Yes, spend time dodging and running around while someone yells, “the challenger had better wrap this up quickly”. At first appearance (you know, the one everybody rightly judges by), this content appears unplayable to myself (utility talented guardian), even in my berserker equipment.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Hence, in my view,

I think that 1 shot mechanics are challenging it keeps you focused and on your toes.
Anything else would either be way too easy or downright annoying, there is a fine line between challenging and annoying and i doubt they could ever truly find that perfect line and if they do it would be a happy accident, I for one can’t think of what they could do to replace it without making it so.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I think some of the problem is not being one shotted but being one shotted before animations trigger or you have any idea why you were down in the first place.

Ex. fighting Sierl(sp?) the one where you disable her shield. I will be fine, disabling her shield using the dark for the buff to not get hit, then BAM I’m insta down, her blast shot THEN animates THEN her shield goes back up.

If this is permanent I think I shall wait until it’s not total lag city in the area before trying it out. Or until they fix a few things to offset animations.

Honestly this is the biggest issue I’m having with the gauntlet as well. When I’m in the mood for such things I don’t mind learning tells for boss fights but when the timing of these fights gets thrown off even a bit it’s just stupid.

I actually got killed right out of the gate on my very first fight because the guy didn’t even render on my end until he was already winding up his one-shot attack on me. I got to take one swipe at him before he crushed me.

Between lag throwing off tells and generally making anything with one-shot attacks a complete crapshoot, the tiny bubble arena is not helping matters at all, the fidgeting it gives the camera makes it so you’re fighting with the camera controls as much as the boss.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Hence, in my view,

No it allows for zero room for error. The Red AoE circles has a delay. The Orb’s pull has a Delay. The adds walk at a slowed speed. If you died, it’s your fault.

Weakness removes endurance regen and you only have so many condi cleanse if the boss decides to spam lash you.

I think people’s visions here are colored by the class they play.

Try to do this encounter on a ranger or necromancer over a guardian or mesmer or warrior.

Hence, in my view,

I think that 1 shot mechanics are challenging it keeps you focused and on your toes.
Anything else would either be way too easy or downright annoying, there is a fine line between challenging and annoying and i doubt they could ever truly find that perfect line and if they do it would be a happy accident, I for one can’t think of what they could do to replace it without making it so.

It wouldn’t be annoying. Mai wasn’t annoying. The laser room wasn’t annoying.

Neither were “easy”. They were of the proper design that if you do poor execution the encounter starts to snowball against you.

When people play MMO’s they want the strategy, not just the twitch. There is no strategy to Liadri besides "keep running along the edge to the safe spaces and pray your camera limitations don’t screw you over.

This was NOT a fun encounter for me, and god knows I’ve done high level fractals at cap. I’m not used to easymode, but this encounter was pure gimmick.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I already got my Liadri mini. It really isn’t that hard, just change your build accordingly.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

I already got my Liadri mini. It really isn’t that hard, just change your build accordingly.

Yeah, well, acrobatics makes it really easy with withdraw on 15 sec cd and 10 secs of vigor plus your shortbow evade spam.

You’ve got 3 base dodges from feline grace, then the extra dodge from vigor, and 3-4 more dodges available from shortbow or if you want to play it risky you can use pistolwhip instead to tank with invulnerability the visions.

in Queen's Jubilee

Heizero.9183

Yeah, well, acrobatics makes it really easy with withdraw on 15 sec cd and 10 secs of vigor plus your shortbow evade spam.

You’ve got 3 base dodges from feline grace, then the extra dodge from vigor, and 3-4 more dodges available from shortbow or if you want to play it risky you can use pistolwhip instead to tank with invulnerability the visions.

Oh sorry, i should also mention my guildies also got their minis as Ele, Warr, and Necro.

Champion Shadow

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

Oh sorry, i should also mention my guildies also got their minis as Ele, Warr, and Necro.

War is easy. Berserker stancer makes you immune to the weakness so your endurcance will be fine, and you can use frenzy+endure pain to take out half the boss’s hp in melee during phase change.

And sorry but the necro guildie certainly took more effort than your thief or a warrior or my guardian or mesmer for that matter. It’s plainly obvious, between my ranger and my guardian and mesmer the guardian and mesmer are just so much better off.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Savish.4205

Savish.4205

Reasons why this fight is is not fun

1. Cheesy 1 shot mechanics that require you to literally make 0 mistakes
3. Phase 2 forces target loss on her making you constantly have to re-target her
4. A timer that enforces perfect play even further, falling to your death when she is at 10% health is just super fun.
5. Either needing a rez or running all the kitten way back every time you fail because this fight isn’t nearly frustrating enough as is.
5. kittenty design that causes people to have FPS issues and dealing with kittened camera angles on a fight as hard as this one is a joke.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mikoolios.2453

mikoolios.2453

I have to say… God Hand is a much more challenging and much more exciting game, and is a good example of an incredibly steep difficulty curve without any use of OHKOs. One-shot mechanics have their place, like Liadri, but GW2 as a whole throws them around like mad.

That said, the only one giving me trouble after a couple tries IS Liadri, and while she is annoying, I’ll keep trying. Having to run back after each try is the real worst part of this whole event… maybe having to collect tickets to fight in the arena, but they drop plentifully.

in Queen's Jubilee

Heizero.9183

One suggestion i can make is using Bowls of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. Gives increased endurance regen and can really help out during Liadri.

Champion Shadow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

OHKOs and massive Health pools are THE two worst methods available for inflating the difficulty of a fight in any game. They’re a lazy approach, and a symbol of bad design.
Reason being, they’re severely detrimental to the enjoyment of the fight.
No one likes an instant loss out of nowhere, and no one likes tickling an enemy to death for literally minutes. Combining the two would immediately destroy the game for anyone.

It’s a classic mistake.

Exactly. Being oneshot by an AoE ability that is almost impossible to predict or see is just plain stupid. Same with immunity. I thought in the wake of the WoW Paladin bubble people actually realized how frustrating and anti-fun such lazy mechanics are.
Yet they’re still in MMOs and MOBAs.

One-shot kills are nice in FPS with hardcore modus, but they have absolutely no place in a MMO.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So are the gauntlet bugs gone yet? There is not even an official statement from Anet about this?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

I’m not sure if this is even intentional, but a lot of these fights I end up winning in downed state. Happened once with my guardian and twice with my mesmer but I did win. Talk about seat of the pants.

These fights are hard. Very hard (and in some cases annoying), but not unwinnable. I pretty much relegate burning a ticket to learning the encounter then coming back with a different set of skills or a different character even, depending on what I think I’ll do best with. I was honestly surprised by the Gauntlet; I thought I was going to thump my way through with my guardian but that hasn’t been the case.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’m not sure if this is even intentional, but a lot of these fights I end up winning in downed state. Happened once with my guardian and twice with my mesmer but I did win. Talk about seat of the pants.

These fights are hard. Very hard (and in some cases annoying), but not unwinnable. I pretty much relegate burning a ticket to learning the encounter then coming back with a different set of skills or a different character even, depending on what I think I’ll do best with. I was honestly surprised by the Gauntlet; I thought I was going to thump my way through with my guardian but that hasn’t been the case.

i had 2 downed wins.

1st, the salad who tossed hurricanes at me.
i forgot to equip balanced stance or dolyak signet.
more like, i was like, its just some wind, it will not be that bad, right?
how wrong i was.
i was tossed around here and there, barely got chance to attack that salad.
i did manage to fire a few combustion shots (i play a warrior mainly) and i got downed when the timer is almost up.
kept throwing rocks and then i was transported back to the ringmaster.
somehow i won.

2nd time when i was fighting the flamethrower salazan.
the fires got me.
i kept throwing rocks until his health is gone.

the first opponent of the first tier is easy.
did not one shot me.

why would anyone get one shoted by the first opponent?