Token Wallet! Thank you a-net!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Just when I was going crazy with all those token and thousands of WvW badges and my characters couldn’t hold anything else they announce this with each token being its own currency! Yay!

Thank you a-net for this, it was a real need. Btw, as this is a “wallet”, will it allow to store more than 250 of each token like with laurels and karma right?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

we hope

/15 ch

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

The currency wallet will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will behave in the same manner that gold and karma do currently.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Too bad, I spent 10k honor badges on siege weapons yesterday to save space in my bank

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Well that’s one of the more promising developments lately. At least I have a place to store my Badge even if I can’t buy anything useful with them, like an Ascended Back Piece or Accessories.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Many thanks for this feature….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Many thanks for this feature….

Definitely. One of the best features to come out in a while.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

I have over 200k karma on a chaeacter…does that mean i can now usw the 200k karma with my other characters? :O

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Yeah all these Badges of Honor were really starting to cripple my storage space. T_T

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

The currency wallet will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will behave in the same manner that gold and karma do currently.

This is great, really needed, thanks guys!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

This will be an amazing and much needed addition. I won’t even benefit from it much right now (I haven’t gotten into dungeons just yet, don’t do fractals or WvW, though I do have a bunch of badges from the achieve awards) but it should help a lot of other people and I’m sure I’ll make good use of it eventually. Having dozens of forms of currency taking up bank space is terrible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

I have over 200k karma on a character…does that mean i can now use the 200k karma with my other characters? :O

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Thank-you, Mark! Very nice QoL feature

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I have over 200k karma on a chaeacter…does that mean i can now usw the 200k karma with my other characters? :O

That’s what I’m wondering. Does that mean that all karma is essentially shared account wide? If so, that is awesome! I’ve been saving up all my jugs and sips and thumbles, etc of karma until I know exactly which character I want to use them on. It takes up a lot of space!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Tha-ha-ha-hank yoooou!!! <3

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Finally I can put these six stacks of fractal tokens somewhere right…

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

That karma question seems to be on everyone’s mind. By the sound of it, it seems karma is finally going account wide

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

This is a very good QoL fix. I’d be remiss if I did not drink a little bit of hatorade here and say it should have been that way from the start.

More QoL fixes please! Armor Skin Locker in PvE!

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh thank god

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

Did the post mention where this ui would be located/how to access?

I’m assuming it’s an extention of the inventory UI, maybe a drop down menu

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am in love with this new feature even without seeing it in action. The burning question: will the jugs we have still be useable afterwards, or would it behoove me to load up on boosts and chug the heck out of it? I have a necromancer a few levels from 80 that wants Temple gear and a lot of Warden weapons. I could have her go on a purple liquid drinking spree if need be, on the theory that she’ll get her goodies and the excess karma will be available to the rest of my characters come Tuesday.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Where do i get this bag? is it drop or something?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s not a bag, it’s a reworking of currencies. If you read the release announcement it tells you that all these things will now work like gold does now, so just a number on a panel rather than a space-using item. And all your alts will be able to get at it as it will be one number for the account.

You will have to log in each alt at least once to add that alt’s currencies to the account pool.

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

It’s going to be implemented to all characters after the update, most likely. It would be weird to have to actually go and acquire the wallet, considering this is a pretty significant, across the board change.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Amazing! I know I’ve critiziced the game (in a constructive way) in the past, but I knew things were only going to get better. Thank you for paying attention to this Arenanet. Much appreciated after the surge of WvW tokens in achievement chests.

Thanks a bunch! Fist Living Story I can’t wait to play after Flame & Frost.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

I have over 200k karma on a character…does that mean i can now use the 200k karma with my other characters? :O

Correct. All currencies in the wallet will be account bound.

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

BOOYOW!

Beautiful. Martin, any word on how this new interface will be implemented? will it be an extension of the current inventory window or something similar to a vault?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Oh I see, I misread. Well, even better, this is very awesome

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Sooo, I’m guessing the currencies at the bottom of your inventory will not show anymore, but you’ll see the collective amount from your wallet. And whenever you go to a vendor, you’ll see the amount straight from your wallet, and you don’t have to ‘withdraw’ to access it.

Does that mean whenever you’re awarded tokens they’ll go straight to your wallet, and you don’t have to sent to your wallet, as the current token/badge right click option suggests.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chris Starflame.1023

Chris Starflame.1023

Yessssss!!!!!!! This more than anything else will encourage me to do dungeons, fractals, and WvW! I won’t have to waste space! Thank you!

“Fire the gun, Cobiah”
“Physics will do the rest.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

This is easily the best new addition to the game in quite a while. Thank you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: morganabanana.3517

morganabanana.3517

This announcement made my day.

Will this include Pristine Fractal Relics?

in Queen's Jubilee

Zedd.8239

This announcement made my day.

Will this include Pristine Fractal Relics?

I would assume so. It’d be a strange oversight not to include those since they’re a type of currency.

(ArenaNet: “Oh #@$*! Quick! Add those to the list!”)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

thank you for streamlining gameplay between alts, adding yet another new approach to a feature of mmo gaming, instead of the old stale way of previous mmo’s.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

So all the tokens in the bank and on chars will be moved to the wallet automatically?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Sooo, I’m guessing the currencies at the bottom of your inventory will not show anymore, but you’ll see the collective amount from your wallet. And whenever you go to a vendor, you’ll see the amount straight from your wallet, and you don’t have to ‘withdraw’ to access it.

Does that mean whenever you’re awarded tokens they’ll go straight to your wallet, and you don’t have to sent to your wallet, as the current token/badge right click option suggests.

Yes. After the wallet is in place, the tokens are no longer physical objects, they are handled the same way that gold, karma and laurels are handled. So like you said, it makes it a lot easier to use them at the vendors as you no longer have to go to your bank to withdraw them.

And to answer another question: Pristine Fractal Relics are not part of the wallet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

This will be a giganticus improvement.

Kudos, ANet.

Edit: Any reason in particular Pristine Fractal Relics were excluded? That seems odd.

(edited by Vick.6805)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

And to answer another question: Pristine Fractal Relics are not part of the wallet.

Why not?

in Queen's Jubilee

Zedd.8239

Wow, really? That’s rather disappointing and seems to go against the very concept of the wallet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

Pristine Fractal Relics are not part of the wallet.

Please tell me this is merely an oversight, and will be adressed in a later patch?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Yes. After the wallet is in place, the tokens are no longer physical objects, they are handled the same way that gold, karma and laurels are handled. So like you said, it makes it a lot easier to use them at the vendors as you no longer have to go to your bank to withdraw them.

Will you still be able to deposit gold in bank? Or is this also gone and is achievement bound to the wallet now?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Wow, just wow.

I almost given up hope of anything ever getting past the bean counters that seem to be in charge there who insist that anything new have a positive impact on gem sales or at least do not adversely effect them.

This stuff has been taking more and more inventory space, and this seeming small act renews my hopes this game actually has people in charge who are not completely consumed with how much gems they can sell.

A huge thanks.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Please clarify, because I hear everyone ranting about wvw, will this wallet work for dungeon tokens as well?

in Queen's Jubilee

Zedd.8239

Please clarify, because I hear everyone ranting about wvw, will this wallet work for dungeon tokens as well?

From the game releases page (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/ ):

This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account.

So, yes, dungeon tokens are included. It seems like only pristine fractal relics aren’t.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Finally. I think this has been posted in the suggestions more than a few times. Can’t wait for the space.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

From the game releases page (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/ ):

This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account.

So, yes, dungeon tokens are included. It seems like only pristine fractal relics aren’t.

This is amazing!!!! It will clear up so much space in my bank!

in Queen's Jubilee

Zedd.8239

This is amazing!!!! It will clear up so much space in my bank!

I know right?! I’ll be gaining at least 1 full bank tab just from this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Much appreciated, ANet. My bank will feel much less claustrophobic now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Will you still be able to deposit gold in bank? Or is this also gone and is achievement bound to the wallet now?

An excellent question. It might just be to accumulate 100g in your wallet now.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer