Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Wow I just got to the end part of the final phase of defeating the Karka only to be disconnected within 30 seconds of completing the event.

Had to log back in and now I get 0 reward for my contribution. Really Anet? That sux! How about mailing us a reward for our efforts (I’m sure I’m not the only person this has happened to?)

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

(edited by Moderator)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

And of course can’t rejoin my guild group as that overflow is full. Pretty fail event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Right when the god kitten Ancient Karka was rolling down the slope/stairs/spin thing.
Dont hold one time events if you know the servers cant handle it, i thought that the mad king and first of the lost shores events would have shoved some brains into you A-net.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

great. now I cant even log back in! so all this hard work for nothing. not getting the reward or anything.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: XPain.8469

XPain.8469

It happened to me too, i cant log in

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

Dc’d over 2 hours in, just to get back and and see the event complete.

Over 2 hours of work to get NOTHIGN! Such a waste of my night…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Barzmon.1320

Barzmon.1320

Lucky you! I can’t login at all :-(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Can’t even log in.

Baruch Bay.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

Ditto, in exactly the same situation Azelroth Now people are linking 20 slot bags and exotics on map chat… rubbing salt into the wound.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

It happened to my wife as well. She disconnected as the first event finished and got nothing and then having got back in disconnected 2 hours into the Ancient Karka event and couldn’t get back in. Pretty frustrating

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

This happened to me. Im kittened as hell spent so much time and nothing from it. Im gonna spam ANet until I get something from it cause this is just rubbish.

Cant even get back in the game for crying out loud.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Silhouette.5748

Silhouette.5748

Agreed, complete bullkitten. Doing all that work and we get none of the reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Barzmon.1320

Barzmon.1320

Same here, I guess we can’t all be lucky

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chiuna.2538

Chiuna.2538

Disconnected also. Can’t get back in. Been playing and dying for over 2 hours

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Got the huge UFO sound crash at the end. Can’t kitten log in now.

Kittens..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RazShra.6108

RazShra.6108

Same thing happened to me. Game crashed right when we killed it and now I get nothing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Varn.7025

Varn.7025

Same thing, no loot. Thanks for that, took over 2 hours wasted

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: unanswered.1029

unanswered.1029

I’m reading numerous DCs in map chat which cause a lot of players to miss the rewards for several hour long events. All of this wasted? Sure I appreciate new content but we would like some reward too, especially if everyone else gets it and lots still left out for their efforts. It’s simply not fair.
I for one did not get DC’d but I DID have a power outage during the reinforcements phase and now I am back to see no reward…I am thoroughly disgruntled by this ESPECIALLY seeing people get 20 slot bags (10g cost. That’s about the most money Ive had at once) and someone got Dusk?!….

Anet, a lot are left in the dust here and this happens more and more lately. I want an explanation or some incentive to keep trying these dumb events.

Perhaps “one-time” events should be 3 times a day for 1 day….

Ugh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tenerence.4951

Tenerence.4951

Same here.
2 hours of events just to disconnect and get nothing

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Orkblut.8590

Orkblut.8590

Same thing here. Did the event from the begining for over 2 hours and started lagging hardcore in the last stage with several disconnects and now it’s completed on every overflow I try to go to. Un-kitten believable! I don’t care about the loot so much but I would have loved to get that 20 slot bag …I mean that’s why I participated for over 2 hours hoping to get something half decent at least. Epic troll from Anet that’s for sure.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Proudclod.4589

Proudclod.4589

Same, game crashed when ancient karka was at 3% health, got nothing for the 2 1/2 hours it took me to do the event

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RobotsAnger.7514

RobotsAnger.7514

Sigh, same. I don’t expect Arenanet to do anything about it so don’t get your hopes up.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Im telling you I will spam ANet from all sources until I get some reward for my hard work. I have already left many things be where ANet screwed up and i just let it go..not this time. I value 3 hours of my life more than that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gbeermang.2895

gbeermang.2895

2+ hours spent in this, getting downed, losing money repairing armor. only to get dc’ed during the ending cutscene. so no reward! this is bs!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bair.8240

Bair.8240

Ditto. Got a server time out as we were killing the flame vents. 2 hours of enduring the lag and such wasted. Will there be any way to make this up? I am relogging over and over to get an overflow it isnt done, but no luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mynameislee.8403

mynameislee.8403

Exact same situation here. Just about at end then disconnected. Log back in to different overflow and try switching but the event is complete everywhere. two and a half hours and no reward. What a joke..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

This was not a PC issue, this was a Server Crash. I spent 2 hours on that event, then the server crashed. I could not log back in for 10 minutes, when I did, the event had finished and I got no rewards.

Can I get a response to this problem? this isn’t just me. What will happen to the players who got disconnected from the server at the end?

Thanks.

Caskia – The Small Norn

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

If this happened to you – please REPORT it within this thread. I want to raise awareness of this so Anet can take some form of action.

At least REPEAT the failed event for the people that had it crash on them or do something – this is unbelievable Anet. I’m seriously angry right now.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

It’s nice to know that a.net improved the system from back when we were getting this at launch.

I guess they just decided that if they leave it alone, it would sort itself.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

Same here, let’s keep this thread bumped.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mtf.6371

mtf.6371

This happened to me as well. Right during the rock slide portion. Have no idea what happened. By the time I logged back in, it was over. I am really angry. I just spent 2.5 hours doing this for nothing, in addition I probably spent 20 silver on armor repairs and teleporting during the event!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ziifnab.7306

Ziifnab.7306

Same here. Disconnected right at the end! 2 1/2 hours….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

the same story. thx for event anet. very funny

Talék

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kazimeras.3420

Kazimeras.3420

I was at the part where we were pushing the Ancient Karka into the lair, and we were almost there. I got crashed out, and when I got back in, it was continuously putting me in ones where the whole event chain had ended. This is fairly disappointing. =/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nolas.7869

Nolas.7869

I was working on the event on an overflow, the client crashed and when i loged back in it put me on a different overflow that at already completed the event, pretty crappy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eisannavai.7425

Eisannavai.7425

Wow finding out what ppl have been getting is only rubbing salt in the wound, I was on for about 2-3hrs trying that event and got dc’d only to return to nothing. words can not express how irritated i am at this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Banes.4601

Banes.4601

Event is bugged so ppl are randomly crashing. Happened to me 3 different times. Wouldnt be so bad but each time my contribution was wiped clear. On top of that I came back in to 3 different overflows, at 3 different points in the event, till finally on the last crash I come back in to NO EVENT!! It was already over. So the last 2 1/2 hours were a complete waste and I had died, and fought, and killed for nothing. Even the drops were grey item vendor trash. This by far is the worst example of an “Event” I have ever seen in any MMO that including WoW for 5 yrs, Rift, SWTOR, and this game. All this work to have stupid “overflow” bugs. You should have planned on all the ppl that dont play, jumping in for the event and crashing the servers. This was such BS and a waste of time. If this is what GW2 is and has planned for the future I’ll write this game off as a complete and total loss.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

Yeah, I was there the whole event made sure I did not miss it then game client crashed within the last pursuit phase, logged back into another overflow where the event was over. /sigh

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

(edited by Ravenblade.7685)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

My wife and I got dc’d at 50% health of the Ancient Karka only to log back in just 20 seconds later to a different overflow. We spent the entire time doing the entire kittenucking event only to get absolutely nothing at the end.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AllegroPixel.9470

AllegroPixel.9470

The same thing happened to me. If something isn’t done about this mishap it’ll be a huge disappointment and a sign of ANet’s true colors. You don’t reward someone who’s spend hours online doing the same event, used 2 repair canisters, and gets booted due to server errors with nothing…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: guyjamie.1582

guyjamie.1582

I had the same issue on my character. I can even provide a screenshot showing that I was there. Jesus we better get those items in the mail…it would be in bad taste for anet if not.

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kynde.8619

Kynde.8619

ditto……………………………

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SamKablam.6241

SamKablam.6241

The same thing happened to me. I was participating in the vent since it started. I got DC’d several times and was able to connect to a event still in progress. When I got DC’d at the end, I reconnected to a server that already finished and got left empty handed while others where showing off what they got. I’m really disappointed that there wasn’t a better way to manage rewards or credit for participating when its INEVITABLE that there is going to be lagging and DC’s.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pwned.8106

Pwned.8106

Same, disconnected a last part, about to kill the ancient. Stupid incorrect password error….. and now i get no loot cause im in overflow…thanks anet… spent all day doing that event

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Snapdragn.5198

Snapdragn.5198

Got to the very end after two hours of work and disconnected before the event completed. I still can’t login:(
This doesn’t bode well for AreaNet, it’s going to make anyone that came in to play for free this weekend think that GW2 isn’t worth the time and effort to play.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nyxalith.4867

Nyxalith.4867

Me too. A bit over 2 hours of fighting and then crashed. Couldn’t even get back to the overflow server I was on. No rewards for it at all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: jumpboy.2503

jumpboy.2503

I died, went to waypoint revive, and got stuck on the loading screen for about 5 minutes. Restarted my game client, and event was finished … no reward

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Banes.4601

Banes.4601

Event is bugged so ppl are randomly crashing. Happened to me 3 different times. Wouldnt be so bad but each time my contribution was wiped clear. On top of that I came back in to 3 different overflows, at 3 different points in the event, till finally on the last crash I come back in to NO EVENT!! It was already over. So the last 2 1/2 hours were a complete waste and I had died, and fought, and killed for nothing. Even the drops were grey item vendor trash. This by far is the worst example of an “Event” I have ever seen in any MMO that including WoW for 5 yrs, Rift, SWTOR, and this game. All this work to have stupid “overflow” bugs. You should have planned on all the ppl that dont play, jumping in for the event and crashing the servers. This was such BS and a waste of time. If this is what GW2 is and has planned for the future I’ll write this game off as a complete and total loss.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING BAD I SAID ABOUT THIS, logged in again and got 2 precursors from the chest <3 love you anet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Ditto, in one of the overflows. Died & tried to go to WP, got hung on map load & lagged out. Logged back in, event over, and many others out of luck as well. >_<

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!